Makes you NOT buy

So as I scroll through the new Steam games being thrown on the front page I notice there are indicators I specifically stay away from unless told otherwise (by friends, etc.).
- Anime (pic related)
- Voxel shit
- Public resources
- Pixel Games (Some exceptions)
- Specific developer brands
- Positive ratings posted by certain curators

I know I'm not the only one that steers clear of warning signs, so what all do you look out for? (to avoid, or to home in on?)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaty_on_the_Final_Settlement_with_Respect_to_Germany
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You're a retard who can't formulate his own opinions about something without delving in his echo-chambered bias against it.

This.

does Holla Forums hate it? probably worth at least a try with some exceptions
does Holla Forums like it? probably a new AAA game or retro game played to death already
does Holla Forums sperg out and shit blood every time this game is mentioned? day one purchase

Anything that's been censored gets ignored, no matter how apologist try to justify it.

Save points.
Also this

Makes me NOT buy.

Look, some there >>>10935986 are getting upset about 3D models.

My bad

Examples? Do games like No Man's Sky count?

Insta-trash. It amazes that so many autist worship those shitty games around here.

Where do you get games from.

Holy shit you're a fucking retard with your implication there.

You should get bullied, kid.

/thread

ere we go again folks

That was quite rude considering i was just asking a question.

We all know what you were doing, fucking idiot.

You haven't seen real rude.

Almost everything. Buy good drm free games to support customer friendly practices.

- loli/Waifu/weebshit
- walking simulator
- anything that smells of pretentiousness or vapidness

The one thing that makes me not even consider buying something is if the developer tries to make some shitty, dime-a-dozen "deep statement" about culture and society with the game. Examples:
All of these games try to say some really stupid bullshit, whether the statement is "War is bad" or "Violence creates violence and that hurts". Fucking hate bleeding hearts.

pic related, right?

Other than that, respectable opinions. But I don't see why you would need Holla Forums to confirm them.

that was unfortunately the best example of proper voxel art I could get from a quick google image search.

A good game that uses it I think is "3D dot game heroes", but it's still not using it to it's full potential. There's some cool images of cities and landscapes made with voxels, but those aren't practical for games.

Psychological horror is fucking great when executed properly. It lingers with you afterwards.
These games are incredibly fun to play through. What irritates you so much about social commentary?

- Specific developers and publishers (BioWare, anything Ubisoft, EA, etc.)
- If a female character is front and center, her looks, her assets and how she is dressed
- If a subhuman is front and center
- Whether the description sounds like some liberal arts reject wrote it
10/10 times a game made by a leftist will be shit.

>shitty port which is easier to spot at a glance than you may think (game logic tied to framerate, arbitrary resolution caps, shit performance, etc.)
Any of these things make me instantly dismiss a game at a glance, and that's not even getting into the myriad of things that will make me dismiss a game after a longer look.
Needless to say, the number of games I purchase has been dropping like a fucking stone these last few years. The last game I actually purchased was EDF 4.1 on Steam.

Early Access, Casual, memes tags, anything that's VR related and anything below 8 bux(with some exceptions like Ring Runner) is what I avoid.
What curators would you recommend avoiding?

I ironically enough use the curator list for the exact opposite of its intended purchase. All of the curators I follow are basically warning labels, like The Framerate Police, Denuvo Games, Cut-content Police, etc. If a game is "recommended" by any of the curators I follow, I throw it in the trash. Only three games exist that are an exception, and all three of them are games locked to 30fps for a legitimate reason. WotS3/4 (locked to 30fps because the original devs on PS3 are retards, but the game was only ported due to fan demand) and South Park: Stick of Truth, because the artstyle of the show doesn't work at a higher framerate.

I meant purpose. The electronic jew is trying to dig his fingers into me!

I assume you liked South Park Stick of Truth, so I'll tell you right now there's a big possibility Fractured ButtWhole gets the denuvo treatment. Ubisoft has published a game I had my eyes on called Champions of Anteria and the fuckers slapped Denuvo on that.

Instant disqualifiers:

It's fucking gay, feely bullshit that's wrong 100% of the time. For instance, anti-war sentiment is stupid because war is good, it brings in revenue, prophet, and it helps with the population. Pacifism is retarded because humans are inherently a violent species, to abhor violence is to abhor humanity. The fact that they do it through a fictional media makes it even more retarded, as if I care that a bunch of pixels in the shape of a child just got shot, or a whole building filled with people just got torched.

kk dood

/thread

also

get the fuck out of here

I don't care about any other opinions. If you don't like pic related then you're fucking dead kiddo.

A lot of people on Holla Forums just pirate their games. Some like to be smug about it. That's what those two were doing.

you guys are the pony threads of Holla Forums
stay angry

Feels good

are you implying you bought nep but pirated edf?

War is only profitable if it's a big war, and you win. Wars, even the largest ones, don't kill enough people to be an effective method of population control. I'm not sure whether you're deliberately trying to be edgy, or just woefully ignorant.

Like the good ol days of 9/11

No, I bought both of them and pirated Zesteria.

Gee, I wonder who could be behind this post.

I don't actually play the games, I just want to post a smug anime while saying to pirate everything.the games look don't look fun and the girls are too moeblob for me

Well, was is necessary and unavoidable, pretending it's never going to happen is stupid, but deliberately seeking it out without a clear reason is equally stupid as well.

Oh god user I'm sorry for your suffering

what a fucking faggot, we need WWIII

Considering the different realities people live in all over the world and the amount of normalfags that cant surpress their primal instincts, I kind of agree.

I like my comfy bed, vidya and mostly carefree lifestyle, thanks.

My only comfort is that I didnt pay for it

Yeah, you should die on it first.

War is only one industry that provides revenue. There are many alternative markets that can also provide revenue and benefit everyone as a whole. The reason as to why war is as big as it is is only because without war, there is no war industry. When people start to question why the military budget is so high and why we don't reduce it and then proceed to elect officials into office who promise to balance the budget, the people in charge of national security and private companies with military contracts get a bit spooked because they want their paychecks to still end with six zeroes. Then these guys go fund some other guys in the Middle East to make enemies out of them. Then, there are people like you who just accept that we will never be more than violent creatures and use war as a justification for economic growth when really it is a tool for reconcilement. This thinking only reinforces the idea that man is violence and violence is man when this doesn't have to be the case at all.

Also, population control can also be accomplished quite easily through economics. People will not have as many children if they can't financially support them. War in general isn't even effective at controlling populations, the baby boomer generation, which is the second largest population boom, was directly caused by WWII ending.

I mean, yes, it is. Acknowledging that violence is sometimes necessary is one thing. Claiming that it's a good thing in itself is the very pinnacle of edgedom.

It could be on steam but if it must work on steam, the game us not worth a purchase. I'd pirate.

You're just a fucking pussy. Violence is a good thing, and it's the only solution to a problem that will work. Be it execution for criminals, or punishment for an unruly child.

And with that post showing how retarded they were, OP never responded ever again

Okay, I'm pretty sure you're b8ing, but I know that there are people who actually believe this is the case. Which one are you?

It's not b8 in the slightest. How did the French succeed in their desire for freedom? They rolled out guillotines. It's the same for video games, if the game lets you avoid conflict or kill your enemies, you ought to go ahead and kill them, what if they sour up your mission later on?

Doesn't the Japanese gaming community call Idea Factory "Idea Fuck"?

Thats quite a stretch

Oh yeah, you mean the French Revolution? The one that deposed the king and, less than five years, lead to Napoleon becoming the fucking Emperor? I also agreed with you that war can be used as a tool to seek change if you've read , but you didn't present it as that.

there are probably more but this is all i have off the top of my head

They succeeded in removing the cuffs of the Church, that abominable institution of pacifists. Napoleon did nothing wrong. I'm not the one saying war is good, I'm saying something even more outrageous to the weak: violence is a virtue and the only solution.

He lost the war

But the goal of war is to end the damn thing so that your side can do its thing without the other guys trying to shit on it.
Warhammer 40k isn't grimdark because there's war, it's grimdark because the war doesn't fucking stop.

Even if the Church, the same one that instigated the Crusades, was pacifist, what does that have to do with anything? Violence isn't even a solution anyways because it just destroys the problem.

Get a load of this heretic.

steams been around since before you were in diapers kid

If you completely destroy your enemy, you do get all their stuff, yes, but it's stuff that you shot/shelled/burned, and thus utterly useless unless you repair it, which takes resources, when you could have just bullied them into giving you that shit without the need to expend the resources to annihilate the enemy in the first place.
War is only useful in securing new territory, and even that has changed since the advent of high explosives made it possible to shit up the landscape as well as the population.

canuck pls go

Nigga, this is economics talking.
You get a bigger payout from bullying the enemy into surrendering their shit than you do from total annihilation.
You can even bully them later for more shit, while you can only completely destroy them once.

Sure is a great institution :^)

war can be profitable, but only for certain people. people always forget money doesnt disappear. losing a war to america has also proven to be good for your economy as they spend lods e mone to build your sorry ass back up. isnt that right germany?

Your kind are the reason things are going to hell right now. Kys.

But Germany just a puppet of the US?

With Muslims, we just haven't bullied them enough.
We've only been picking on the highest echelons, and when we put in a democracy the lower folks just elect one of their own, and it all starts over again.
We need to bully all the muslims.

even if that were true, it sure wasnt hurting them. you know, russia conquered the other half of germany and it was a total slum

I know it was a slum. also what I should of said was Germany didn't regain sovereignty until around 25 years ago.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaty_on_the_Final_Settlement_with_Respect_to_Germany

A solution is a fix to a problem, not the elimination of it. I'm not anti-war, I just wish war was utilized reasonably.

By your logic, if I beat your legs until you couldn't walk, and plucked your teeth out one by one, that would be an inherently good thing.

Yeah. It proves you're stronger. Ideally only the strongest survive.

1. Natural selection only selects for fecundity.
2. Natural selection does not operate in civilizations, and escaping that state of nature is humanity's greatest achievement.
3. You sound like every poorly-written anime villain.
4. Put your money where your mouth is and kill your grandmother because she is weak; otherwise you're a hypocrite and edgelord.

You can't prove violence is wrong. You can't prove "cruelty" is wrong.

Great, so, like I said, kill your grandparents, your dog, and your neighbor's kids. You're stronger than them, so it's a good thing to commit violence against them. And when the police come to kill you for it, it will be a good thing when you're shot full of holes. My god, there's so much untapped potential for good out there! I should build a nuke and launch it right now; that would be the best thing.

Notimportant pls go