What is Space Station 13?

What is Space Station 13?
SS13 is a robust multiplayer point-and-click about surviving a shift in the uniform of a NanoTrasen station employee paid solely in donkpockets.

Where can I play?
CPStation is currently the primary Holla Forums server. You can download the BYOND client or join our server directly from your web browser to play. The web client is unreliable, and we recommend the latest BYOND client for the best experience
possible. The BYOND client is presently Windows only, though it is compatible with WINE.
You will need a BYOND account to connect to our server.
Client Download - byond.com/download/

Server Info
Name: CPStation
Public Address: 149.56.29.240:1337

SERVER IS DEAD PLS HELP
email: [email protected]/* */

Wiki (Outdated)
8station.miraheze.org/wiki/Main_Page

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/FNgyH23a
poal.me/e6croq
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

plasma

pastebin.com/FNgyH23a

We need an American moderator. Email me at [email protected]/* */
Ckey:
Admin time and timezone :
Reason I should pick you:

#1 im gay
#2 im gay
#3 im gay
#4 im super gay

Bet you're not as gay as me

fuck you

y-you too

ded thread bump

gib mech ideas to spriet

You guys should add a virus or a type of event that starts a Reddit infestation (kind of like a monkey round)
The virus would turn you into the Reddit monkey thing and you'd go around jerking off acid on people or something (get it, because Reddit is a circle jerk?)

Nice OC.

Hacking/robotics mech
It shoots out drones or swarms of nanites or something
It can force doors to open
Has a reflective shield
Low health overall

Just-over-human sized mechsuit based around stealth. Transformative capabilities, sedative launcher, Hacking tools built in

Actually, how about this but a stealth and a combat variant?
Basically it would be power armour that allows you to still pick up and use shit in your hands, but also allow you to be protected by the armour

A mech that's like the H.O.N.K but for the Mime.

That works too.

The stealth version would have a built in chameleon field (you become invisible), like the other user said, it would have hacking tools and also sedative/anesthetic syringe shooter. (Or you could have it make grenades filled with n20/anesthetic) Perhaps it coulda lap auto generate zip ties or handcuffs
The combat version would be blast resistant and would come with a temporary force field that would have a large power consumption rate. It could also generate zip ties or handcuffs

There already is a mime stealth/combat mech called the Reticence. You can even equip it with a silenced carbine.

What you are talking about is more like the power armor gitgud's "newcode" had, which was actually one of my favorite features that I wish could be added to this codebase. It came with separate pieces for head, chest, hands, and feet, once somebody engages the sealing with it on, i'm pretty sure you couldnt get them out of it without a welder if they dont take it off themselves, and it requires a power cell to function. It worked pretty much exactly like what you mention in that you could equip weapons, armor plating, and other neat equipment to it. For example, good hydralic assists allow you not to suffer reduced movement speed, improved sealing/ climate control would make it spaceworthy, and the exosuit storage slot could hold an internals tank.

How about a small floating and slow orb shaped probe? Not much of a mech in the classical sense but it would be something that could be remote controlled although it would have very low health and only one extendable arm to grip things with and pick things up and no actual access. It could also have a built in atmospheric sensor and GPS so that it could be used to scout ahead through the gateway in a way that doesn't rely on throwing in a GPS and already having advance knowledge of the location.

The kicker would be that it could be remote controlled by the AI making it the only mech usable by it and could be something it would have for serious emergencies or malf rounds when there are no borgs present giving it a slow single hand to use instead of none.

Hover mech, made for zero gravity enviorments and space exploration.

this is un-canon, assistants dont care about laws

Maybe one day an assistant will stop and ask a department worker if he needs assistance

I did that once.
I was arrested for suspicious behavior.

Nice
digits

The curse has been confirmed

Excellent round, would robust cultists again.

bartenders are unnaturally robust

Double barreled side-by-side shotguns are robust, regardless of the game they're introduced in.
Alcohol is too, for the same matter.

Although i don't know why bartenders don't smother people with their rags more often, you can easily apply 10u of beepsky smash or neurotox/changsting into someone with that thing, it's ridiculeously robust.

2 of the 3 cultist just stood around jacking off when you were on the ground

stuff them in a folder, put in pocket.
What a wonderful day for clowning around

Goddammit I fugged a line

Sorry bout the swirlies, I wanted to find out if they were deadly.

They can be, but it takes a ton of them

I miss being able to play this erry day, plz wait for me until the weekend lads.

here a mech for the mime

Reminder this is basically Sealab, fignuts.

captain Murphy > captain Shanks

bump

So what's new? I just downloaded an update last night.

vent

crawling

poal.me/e6croq
poal.me/e6croq
poal.me/e6croq
poal.me/e6croq
poal.me/e6croq
poal.me/e6croq
poal.me/e6croq
poal.me/e6croq
poal.me/e6croq

no I want to know what I should do, hence why it's called "what do you want to see sprited up?"

LOL

Perma Bannu announcement

ADMIN LOG: SierraChan has added a PERMABAN for chaosyourgod with the reason: "Requested a permaban. Declined. Told us he would shit up the round. Perma ban issued." to the ban database.

This game really brings out the best.

did he try being robust? :^)

I didn't even know the atmostech was a traitor until the raid was about to start

which ones? i want to throw timed plasma bombs into disposals

Wew

Citadel Station

=YOU ARE A CHANGELING=

IT WAS ME THE JANITOR

ded?

Well that was a great round.

Guess who was the captain last round?
FAGIOLI FAGIOLI IS THE GODIOLI

I don't even play this game but this brought me to tears

WHERE AM I

Wew lad, just wait until you figure out how to get to Clown Planet.

You're on Cyka Blyat 13.

I know how to get to the labyrinth and clown planet, I was just being dramatic

I don't even have to play the round to know you were as shit as your team, if not more than so. At least they managed to blow up a crew with minimal security and unrobust pubbies. Which is just as bad as a crew of 20 being unable to take on a single blob.

I didn't buy the gun at all.

No shit. I'm demonizing you for even BUYING a mag and wasting TC for a gun you don't even have that has ammo that is incompatible with the other two guns that you DO have. And keeping it on your inventory, along with the redundant airtank when you're not even fielding a backpack to store your oxigen jetpack, which reduces your space for other things such as an emag, more ammo for your handgun or C4.

Do you understand now, you ultrafaggioli?

I meant I didn't buy the rounds. It was the retarded overlord.
Also I was dead when the blobs arrived, retard.
And I never actually made it to the station in the first place so I ddin't set my id.
Plus it's not entirely my fault I got lost with my pinpointer, I went where it said to go and I ended up in another z level
But you are right, I didn't do my objective. But, as you know, they succeeded anyways. Because being shitdacate is pretty easy

Wew lad

ADMIN LOG: doubleplus has banned fagioli.
Reason: ICKY OCKYing in the thread
This will be removed in 10080 minutes.

How Can You Ic In Ooc If Ooc Isn't Real On Holla Forums?
Honestly I know you guys are just trying to get a rise out of me.
>Banning someone for a week because they posted a picture that implied something about the current round
>implying THAT many people would even look at it during the current round
>implying it was a "secret" that could ruin a round
Okay, now let's see if byond checks computer id.

If it was anyone else, they would've gotten a slap on the wrist, but this is someone who's note is essentially to preemptively OOC mute becuase he refuses to stop ICKY OCKYing, and who was previously permad for ban evasion until the bans got reset so fagioli fagioli he gets the bannioli

Do you even know what OOC means?

I'll spell it for you, it means communication OUT OF CHARACTER equalling virtually ANYTHING outside the game's own ways to transmit a message. Not just the OOC command. Leaking information before roundend about something has always been a bannable offense for obvious reasons.

I have another question that you will never answer. Will you ever stop being such a fucking faggot? holy shit fagioli.

I was perma'd for "alt-logging" not ban evasion Checkemplus
Like I said I (even though it wasn't technically me) logged in from a different account on the same computer, and I was banned for THAT.

Do you even realize why my account is named fagioli? It's because I'm admitting that I'm not good, I.E. a faggot.

Best way to ban evade is to use virtual box familia. Reset your IP and go again and again.

Its stupidly easy to do. Look up virtual box and get a few installs of windows 7 before you log in on one.
If you have a dynamic IP more power to you but if you don't there are TONS of free vpn's at your disposal if you search the internet.

With this combo you're basically unbannable. VPN's can be a bit finnicky but it isn't hard to find one that'll let you play on the server without much lag at all. Its easy enough to kill an entire station of unrobust faggots with a bit of lag anyway.

With this level of anonymity you should always be the first to strike anyway because repercussions for your actions go out the fucking door.

I already have a vm box set up. I think i need a break from ss13 though.

WEW lads, this thread has a fair bit of autism in it.

Welcome to Space Station 13.

where are xenos

My sides achieved orbit

dead server, dead thread

ded life

lifweb ded
tg shit
vg ded
serbia ded
ded game

where is the blind bitch when you need her?

the server is populated
You'd know if you weren't perma banned from it.

dead

are you happy?

Admin announcement

CompactDiskus has been added as a Trail Admin. I know him from past servers so why not.

why are you doing this anyways?

Because it's fun.

Are you not having fun, fellow shitposter?

what did I ever do to deserve this?

You know full well what you did don't come here for sympathy. Maybe go back to 4am, or 4/v/, or /cuteboys/.

You literally asked for it. Don't play dumb here, this isn't the 4am thread where you can play up a story for sympathy.

no, what did I do?

asked for what?

Maybe you should read up on the 4am thread. Platium shitposts were had about the unlovable 25 year old who tried to dick a 14 year old. Stay off my server and go bother anouther Image Board.

I just wanted to play spessmens and work on the server, don't get fucking attacked by another circle jerk like this

why do you have to do this?

I had left, you don't to pursue me like this

you even tried to start this shit well before all this

just because of what?

you don't like me

why did you need to cause another drama fest like this?

no one wants the server to die again over it

this is what you do to anyone you don't like?

try and ruin them as much as possible using anything you can find?

wew lad

is it ded? i wasn't paying attention

I asked for that ban and made it happen when you denied me

drama is what killed the last two servers and you're making drama happen again, so what?

it's fucking dead, we got another case of circle jerk ruining it for everybody again, the exact same thing which happened to hate

It's not, i'm just playing along with the dramawhore.
and thanks for posting her again, i thought you'd have left by now

Unrelated but sierra told me to post this, anyone else had any Energy Boost messages appear to them recently as well? I never seen this before too.

what did I want sierra?

I just wanted to sprite shit, that's it, you didn't want me to sprite what so ever, so I just left the server and made sure I couldn't come back

why weren't you content with that?

Your own poll clearly showed there was more than one person that didn't want you to sprite anything. Attributing all of that to one person in the face of that sort of evidence is pure lunacy.

in that poll anyone could vote multiple times

but only four votes were had for nothing at all

and you your self said you didn't want me for anything

I wonder how the fuck anyone is supposed to know that a circlejerks wants you gone when they're only saying this in their own little place anyways

>shitty forced meme i dropped ages ago keeps getting rementioned in increasing frequency

what's worse is you had to justify this shit, have some fucking pride and just ban

you may as well be tower, you're in the circle jerk anyways

I even donated 200 pounds to this server

for this

see

No when I literally begged for £40 to keep the old server alive I said nothing but a thankyou would come from it. The fact that you are using that shows that you are at an end. Stop posting.

stop putting words in my mouth sierra

just stop this shit right the fuck now, are you that fucked up to think that that's what I was trying to do?

I ONLY WANTED TO SPRITE AND PLAY SO WHEN I COULDN'T SPRITE FOR THE SERVER I WANTED TO LEAVE AND I DID AND MADE SURE I WOULDN'T RETURN

why must you do all this shit to me so? don't you realize how pathetic it is to get all your circlejerk friends to jump on a guy just because you don't like him?

this was before all this shit too

So everyone who does not like you is a part of my circlejerk? Jesus I might actually have some friends :^)

Take some time to self reflect. If so many people, from so many places dislike you for many reasons. Maybe you are the problem.

Jesus dude, get a grip.

I don't think making minor map updates and constantly delaying work on the new map makes me a part of the adminbus

WORK ON THE MAP YOu SUPER JEW. SO MUCH SHIT IS BORKED FROM THIS STATION REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

you agree to having a circlejerk now, great

I was just asking if you're apart of this

You know its true what they say, Sarcasm is lost on a text level. That or you are literally retarded.

no you're just a psychopath who isn't content with letting someone go, you gotta follow that cunt and bash his knee caps in, gotta make sure now

Fuck off pedo sperg.

So now you are projecting.

You are the one who refused to leave by his own accord.

You are the one who DEMANDED I ban you to make you leave.

When I declined you gave ME an ultimatum to ban you or you would grief.

You were the one to go running to the 4am thread when you knew I would do nothing but meme on you and even your "friends" joined in too.

You are insane.

I did left of my own account, I just made sure that I stay leaved

you're the cunt who's going around everywhere telling everyone about shit you know nothing about

you did this days before I wanted to leave

you're only in the 4am threads because of me, don't deny that you disgusting scank

never change ss13

Lederhosen for bartender when?

this was happening before I got my self banned

fuck your self and stop this shit

Hey looks something for you to sprite chaos

L
O
L

I'm whining about the shit that's happen out side of this, why the fuck would I complain about the ban I wanted? are you brain dead?

no

Wew lad take your autism pills already.

what did I ever do to you?

Fuck off autist.

sirerra and it's circlejerk are going around in other threads starting shit about me

they're the ones who started this drama

Wofl pls stop ur embarrasing urself.
more so than me, but I did it ironically

You see kids this I what happens when you play SS13, it makes you paranoid.

Vote now for Prop-1313 and make sure our future children will never experience getting robusted ever again.

Just in case anyone's still stuck waiting the server is no longer ded

so get in here you fucks

I'll stop when they leave me alone outside of this place

I can link you to it all but then sierra and tower would just say >lol that wasn't me

OK let me make this nice and easy.

This ID. and only this ID. Is me. Every other post is OTHER people who dislike you. Welcome to the real world. I will also post this on the 4am thread so you can be emotionally unstable there too.

the other people in your circle jerk ;^) you mean

No autist, it's just that the entire board knows who you are and we're mocking you for being a retarded sperg.

Please its time to stop.

for the OOC chat

fuck your self you cunt, if not for you and towers going into 4am to start shit DAYS before any of this happened then shit would have been different

Even if you were getting picked and targeted you singled yourself out. So go ahead and fuck off already and stop creating drama where there shouldn't be any drama. If you can't handle getting meme'd on and made fun of once in awhile, this probably isn't the server or chan for you.

The only time I have ever posted on the 4am thread was today. I cannot account for towers but Somehow I do not think he is the 4am "type"

wew
haven't read these threads for a while
some weapons-grade autism in here boys. keep it up.

This is a special occasion. The autism will be strong today.

it's not once in awhiles, it's been building up now for afew days and I don't want it to keep on happening so I'm getting this shit out of the way

of course he's not the type, he's only there to shit on me you dumb cunt since you group thought how much you hated me and your circlejerk followed in sue

What's even funnier is that in the 4am thread he's trying to defend nearly fucking a 14 year old that said they were 16 "because he was on drugs", which he somehow got the name wrong despite the two brands having only the first 4 letters in common, which conveniently wouldn't cause the mental issues he also used as a defense. After that didn't work, he used "cultural morals" as an excuse to be able to fuck a 16 year old despite being 23. He's the guy behind all of the steam friends threads and is ban-on-sight over on /cuteboys/

Special autism requires special occasions.

all you did over there was twist everything I said into this kinda shit

That doesn't excuse the fact that you still did it.

I do not hate you.
I dislike you at best. You have such a perfect selfimage you believe you cannot be the one who is wrong.

Lets look at things from your perspective.

You come to me with sprites. Thats cool I even accept them the atmos borg is even now still being worked on to be a life support system should the player be smart enough.

I tell you that unless a request comes from me or zaers its probably not going to get accepted but you are free to do them if you like.

You then make a literal shittonne of OC for the spiders ingame which I originally thought was cool most of the ones now are just colour changes and are all black and boring… It is only when It was brought to my attention that you are wolfspider form the 4am thread that I noticed that this could easily be just you self inserting. That is straight up against server rules.

That is why your sprites are not going in

I do not have a grudge against you as a person, I do not care if you tried to fug a kid, I do not care what you sprite, but come at me with that kind of entitlement and I will show you the way out.

I remember a similar thing to that. It's caused by a tertiary or secondary effect on certain xenoarchaeology artifacts and seems to affect any silicon within range of it when it's enabled.The range is something like half the station.

Or rather that's what I think it is unless this is a completely different thing.

I've had autistic stalkers ruin games for me too.

I don't get involved in any communities anymore because of that shit. I just try to stay anonymous or in the background.

Where do you think you are? If you want a hugbox go back to cuck-chan or Reddit, I would say to stick to Holla Forums too but they probably don't accept degenerates.

We did it. It only took us 48UID's and 167 posts but we hit maxium autism. And it is perfect.

Did I do good?

In this case he's the autistic stalker. He came to this thread just to sperg out because of some imaginary inner circle of trolls out to ruin his life by making fun of him in 4AM threads.

Yeh the mommi who discovered it here. It was Every Z Level In Radius.I got a nobel prize for discovering it.

The radius varies a lot if it isn't a on touch only artifact. It's always fun when you get a large radius cause one time I found a large radius kill all organics. Spacing it should've stopped it but it was bugged so I ended up making all of medbay offlimits…. everyone tried to enter medbay and ended up dead.

nice

doomstation update when

I was that MoMMI

First the gryphon last night, now the not-captain against the shadowlings.

What the hell did the last update bring?

It's the same person in both instances. They're doing some janky chemistry shit.
EVERY. SINGLE. ROUND.

Its okay, he thought he could bully an assistant and got robusted for it.

Don't mess with chemistry.

Fuck you by the way pubtrash

Holy shit fuck doing any cooperative antag on this station

I had a good couple rounds as cultist, though i did have to wrangle the autists on every single thing because they would absolutely destroy our shit if i din't.

Shadowlings is just stupidly difficult without enthralling security, science or at least a roboticist for flashes and stunweps at roundstart though. And nobody wants to play security anyway.

It was a chemist, he had 500u of something called "Happy Happy" which I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THE FUCK IT IS and not even the wiki has any info about it, along with 100 or so units of phosphor and something else. It made him 100% invulnerable to stuns and healed him the fuck out at incredible rates even when he was overdosing on that shit. I'm gonna guess it's Joy, which kills you instantly after an overdose effect hits 0u, but i have NO idea how he even got 500u of that shit with the nerfed to fuck chem synthetizers that recharge so slowly.

He still got robusted by lasers, until he actually went an stole shit from the HoS locker for armor and shield JUST so he could get his shitty revenge over two assistants who thought he was a fucking ling.

i think you never escaped, i released you from your cell just in the airlock and pushed you into space, maybe it was a bug

A greyshit actually managed to kill me by setting up a proximity welderbomb behind a door, which blew off my leg and made me bleed to death. That was clever as fuck.

i wonder so few players use fuel tanks as bombs

They're actually used a ton. Out of all my deaths, i can count at least 15% of them being related to a welder tank blowing up near me in one way or another, mostly by jihadists with welders however i count at least two times when a nigger with xray gun triggered one when on a chase. It can also be rigged pretty easily from stuff any crewmen can gather in tool storage to make a proximity or remote bomb, which was nerfed by nu-tg a while ago because of abuse.

They proved too obvious without the explosive power to back it up, so they sort of just faded out of existence. I'm not sure if dismemberment buffed them, if they were a solid chance to blow someone's leg off I'd definitely start using them again.

They're actually incredibly effective at dismembering people. Something on the new dismemberment code makes it so any explosion that can breach tiles has a 80% to 20% chance to remove a limb on it's maximum/weak radius depending on how close you were to the epicenter and minimum/strong/instagib radius. Being about 2-3 tiles away (or 3-4 in direct diagonals due to how explosions expand) from a welder tank explosion WILL remove at least 1 or 2 limbs if it doesn't kill you outright.

this was an idea that came from the thread, I told you this, don't twist this shit

you're the one who's inserting this shit onto me, after you said you don't want shit from me

does any of this look anything like self insert?

Orb-weaver, Ogre-faced, then I don't know the next ones. What are they?

Jesus christ no thanks

they were for the spider clan, since they need expanded

there's also a spider ling

I meant which type of spider they are

connect the bots!

He left and is not coming back

lots of people left and aren't coming back, enjoy a server with nothing but pubbies

Actually we have been hitting 50 50 pubs to channers recently. And the pubs are getting less shutter recently so all is good

You're either terrible at math or you think you count as more than one person.
Maybe both.

Fully upgrading the advanced chem synth makes 50u of many drugs take like, five units out of its 125 or so maximum.

I'm just going to go ahead and say this, but I believe Sierra had said something along these lines already.

We only have ONE coder who is regularly working on things, and that's Zaers. Sierra has said multiple times that he himself is not a coder, and said it would be a while before new spiders would get coded in as a result. From what I'm seeing, Zaers has been doing balancing changes and while we haven't had much in the way of completely new and original content yet, I honestly don't think it isn't being planned.

Say what you like about chaos, but he isn't a terrible spriter. He just wants to see some content that our own playerbase makes added in, rather than just ideas we got from other servers. Honestly, I was going to run one of my own ideas regarding a new cybernetic augment by him to see what he could come up with.

from what I gathered, it's all just you make a issue on the github and then maybe someone will do something about it and that's it

I highly doubt sierra has any kinda design documents nor even a bloody text file with ideas written on it

ooh~ do tell

I don't know most marines/soldiers have pretty dark/inappropriate sense of humor. They probably would build some sort of defensive structure in a form of a swastika just for a couple of keks.

Still though you got off pretty light there.

Nobody complained about the quality of the sprites. The problem is the faggot who made them.
When it came to light that the guy making the sprites for the spiders is a long time attention whore, the enthusiasm for re-skinning them quickly died. Furthermore, the guy routinely just sat in dead chat trying way too hard to sound like he fit in by spouting memes about robustness while rarely ever playing the game at all. I don't consider someone who only hops on the server to be a 4am attention whore and shitpost while not playing the game as being part of the community.

Friendly reminer that there are indeed some people that take joy and pleasure in ruining servers for fun.
It's simply higher tier griefing for them that gives a sense of power, knowing they can stop a full server filled with players.
Other times, they just expect a new server to pop up with a new banlist so they can play again.

In the case of Holla Forums and SS13 in particular, this comes from this very thread, the best resource to replenish the player pool in the server.
If the thread looks too autistic or too drama-ish, people will actively avoid the server and play somewhere else, if they even can be arsed to try SS13 anyway.

And that's the end goal of those guys, make the thread about the drama instead of the game and slowly wear down the server. They're most likely banned and can do nothing in the server so this is the next best thing.

If you argue with them, you're losing. If you prolong the discussion, you're losing. If you entertain them at all, you're losing.
Ignore their crap, talk about the game only and if there's too many posts that are clearly just to start shit, report them.
Contrary to popular belief, admins\volunteers in Holla Forums actually clean threads and there's a specific rule about "too much shitposting". Learn to use the tools the site gives you to moderate it.

You need more coders though. Zaers pretty good but he mostly does bugfixing, you'd need someone that plays the game to know what's needed and do it.
Remember Koriath? The guy wanted some stuff in game. He wrote it, it got in-game. Mostly because that's all the new content we were having anyway. Maybe it was shit I liked the ducks before he fixed their duplication bug. but when that was all the new content we had, you can't really have better standards.
My advice? Do the same. You want it? Code it. It's a lot less work to ask the resident coder to debug something you wrote (it can be done over 5 minutes) than asking him to write something (which takes hours).
Besides, if 20 people start pitching ideas at Zaers or whoever is the coder right now, who is he gonna pick first? And why pick anyone at all instead of coding shit he wants?

Koriath also got shit on for what he put in because he was also making too many changing without actually talking to the thread about it instead of gitguds circlejerk

that's the issue here, the people behind the scene staying too far behind there and saying nothing until there's a fuss about something that they fucked up upon

I'm saying that I really don't care about the way he acts at this point. That's drama bullshit and I'd rather stay out of that. But I do care about the content he's creating.

Actually, I was considering learning how to code, but if you know of any guide I could read up on, I could probably make the spiders a thing, and each one would have certain characteristics based on the species they were sprited to look like.

For example, jumping spiders would see you from a long way off, be a little faster than some species and have a ranged jump attack, that knocks you down, but wont spin webs or web bodies/objects and will have less health than most species

Orb weavers would have poor eyesight, webs that are 100% sticky, and make web tiles much more frequently but move much slower on non-web tiles and would probably be attacked by jumping spiders themselves

As for my new augment idea, if any of you know who General Grievous is, it would allow you to split one robot arm into two. The half-arms would be half as durable, but when united they are tougher than a normal robot arm. So you can have up to four hands at the cost of some durability, but be able to switch back to two when you only need that many and get some extra damage resistance for it

To avoid duplicate posts:
and the reply chain.

Stay tuned for more, it's in crunch mode. Somehow it didn't completely break when running in MP, so now it's mostly critical, server-crashing bugs being fixed before v0.1, along with missing round setup logic.

If you're wondering why it's in the Doom thread and not here, don't worry, I'll be more active around here when it comes to the part where more intricate spess features start being implemented - however, I figure most actual SS13 players are less interested in what's pretty much valids.wad for now, and would like something like basic construction and power at the very least before showing interest, which is understandable. I'd still be more than happy to get constructive criticism and suggestions for impending content, especially since v0.2 and v0.3 are gonna be the big two in terms of functionality, but it's hard to criticize something you can't play yet.

I miss my assistant friend. If you're reading this, I hope you're doing well!

my byond is chaosyourgod, no one would have known if not for that one person who decided to spark this drama

The best guide you can find is actually the very code itself.
Nothing teaches you more than reading it and knowing what does what in-game.
If you have any doubts, you can just post about it on the thread and I'm sure someone will be happy to help you.

For the spiders themselves, you'd want to start with the current spiders and any file above them in their hierarchy. OOP is extensively used and you gotta learn to understand it, but it's really not that hard.

Well, he did talk to the thread. That's why we don't have that morale shit for instance.
I think he got shit on when he added shit (pests) and enough praise for cool stuff (new pandemic, chem replicator).
They stay that far a reason. Think of everyone involved with SS13. Not even just 8ch stations, ALL of SS13. Everyone who had name shares something: he got shit on.

Doesn't matter if you're coder, admin, mentor or the guy who reads sets up SSH acess on a saturday evening.
You have a name, people will known you and you're gonna piss off someone. And when that happens, the people who are pissed off will shit up a thread or two about you, the people who think you're doing a good work won't really bother to defend you (and honestly, there's no reason they should anyway) and sooner or later you have to disappear.
I've been playing SS13 for years. Nearly as long as it existed. I'm telling you: people who get named have two options: stay far from the playerbase, or don't stay at all. That's it.

Consider that even if you manage to make some of the players extremely happy, you're gonna make others extremely unhappy. Because not everyone likes the same shit (consider the meeseeks for instance. Some people loved them, some people hated them).
When that shit hapens it's even worse. Even if the coder/admin leaves for good, the players themselves will fling shit at each other, because they want two diferent things and can't coeexist.
Like the great Debacle on TG13 between the valid hunters and the roleplayers.

At that point, the guy who coded that feature, or the guy who handed that ban/rule needs to go away, disappear, and whathever he did needs to be gone. Code? Gets axed. Ban? Lifted. Rule? Dropped. That's the nature of online comunity. We're not tolerant nor we play nice. If shit gets to a point where there's enough friction between users, the only solution is to cauterize the whole thing and hope for the best.

you know your shit

I've warned you guys for the longest Chaos was a fucking fag.

I WARNED YOU BRO

I agree with you but I don't think it's all communities online: the difference here from let's say modding for a single player game (skyrim etc) is that someone will randomly add content for you and you either have to play with it or complain about it endlessly. Also I'm sorry to say this but most people or at least a significant population that play SS13 are mentally ill.

When I get home tonight I will be doing some large scale server reworks. Raid is being reconfigured so be ready for around an hour long outage.

not even the server, the entire board

YOU ARE A CHANGELING

Have an extra picture from another round when I was also antag, but got arrested by a do-gooder robonerd.

You're the most autistic R&D worker i've ever seen, why do you not play on here? Our R&D department seriously needs people who know their shit cause we still have roboticists who stick 3 syringe guns into the DA like retards.

You've never met Duke Hayka. I learned from the best.

Are you not getting why you are being viewed as a turbofaggot?

only got it due to forcing it and now that I know why my sprites are no good is because the circlejerk doesn't like me then that matter isn't the issue anymore

You sound like a whiny fuck who wouldn't let an issue rest and instead of bringing it up at a later date just refused and pestered everyone about it.

You have 51 posts in this thread alone bitching about a ban you demanded, re-evaluate your life or end it on Stream.

I'm not whining about the ban, if you had read any of my posts you'd understand that

Yeah instead you're whining about a non-existent circlejerk that is responsible for making fun of you, when in reality it's just that everyone finally figured out who you are and already hated you from previous experiences.

I'm self-teached and wrote one of the R&D bibles back in like 2010, i haven't really met that guy because i moved onto other departments but i know he's done some impressive stuff.
What i'm talking about autistic is how you shut yourself in the lab and weld everything, then come out 10 minutes later with bluespace gear to fuck shit up. Though your work could be heavily streamlined if you actually asked someone to fetch things for you instead of waiting for the miners or wasting resources building shit inside the lab, i know robotics is always full of unrobust shits that don't even know how to do surgery but asking for a wormhole generator shouldn't be THAT hard, i think.

I really need to learn how to xenobio, it's been a long time since i've done a golem army.

Don't tell me he's the metafag as well?

doesn't matter if you hate me or not, the fact of the matter is the reason why sierra isn't accepting of any sprite I do is because of the circlejerk he has hating me

nigger any place is a circlejerk, you'd be retarded not to see that

By previous experiences I mean his faggotry from 4AM/Steam Friend Threads. Nobody wants a faggot like that on the server. We didn't even know it was him until he had his spergout and got banned. Thankfully he's gone from the server now.

what do you all think of hippie station?

Yeah I've done that a few times
I ain't that bad

This is literally his argument.

not much

Server rework outage ETA 1 hour

It's alright if you want a short and very chaotic and messy round. Not a station you'd want to play to do any kind of autism projects but there are the occasional cool people you run into like that whole DnD game from back in 2014.

I'd rate it a 7/10 or 6/10 depending on the admins who are on at the time I guess, you could do much worse by SS13 standards and it fills the niche of short as fuck chaotic rounds nicely. When the more autistic of their admins aren't online.

ded serb

Did the server just die?

SERBER "RENOVATIONS" guys

I gave an annoucement an hour ago that the server would be down for a solid how due to hardware upgrades. I also gave every server running on this rack a warning before it happened.

HOLY FUCK SERBER DEAD>>10962493

I kinda wanna do more team workin stuff.
Is there a job that does a lot of this?

SHIT GUYS I TOLD YOU CHAOSYOURGOD WOULD START DDOS-ING THE SERVER

That was fun, when is serbia back?

welp

Security is basically that except you dunk clowns and traitors. If there's ever any other security, join up and offer to be someone else's partner and never leave his side, it's how you can be the most robust anti-tator team short of a beepsky-warden with lethals combo.

Basically, if you want to teamwork, be good at RP and learn to use help intent to it's fullest. Nothing is better than a friend with a spare white health kit ready to robust whoever's fucking with you, just talk with people, help out and be friendly, if you save someone's life they'll usually be eternally grateful regardless of who you are.

Congrats, you beat the shit out of an unrobust HoS because the janitor lied about being shot.
And then in other rounds where Sec is on point you guys complain about shitcurity.

that's right nerds, we'll see who's the boss of this gym

You simply don't understand. This HoS kept an empty egun on his hand and tried to cuff me for simply talking to him, he was legit either a pubbie or was 100% retarded. He wouldn't even say anything other than "stop" or "why".

Hey look he is back already

For all who care server should be up within the hour. I will prioritise spessmen because of how easy it is to set up. Database might be a bitch though.

unlike you I actually play video games thank you very much

how can you play videogames if you're banned.

Well bye for now spessmen, i'll be back later.

I'll try and be the best helper I can be.

I was playing FO new vegas again

VIRTUALISATION SOON BROTHERS

I understand perfectly. The guy was awful, hence "unrobust HoS". My point is that some of you are shitters that immediately go into greyshit mode the moment you hear anything that vaguely sounds like an excuse to act like shitters. And more often than not, the shitters who do that are the ones that complain endlessly when Security actually manages to do their jobs. Or when they get their asses busted for recalling the shuttle multiple times while a singulo is loose

don't tell them that, they'll whine at you for daring to say that they suck ass

That i can agree with. There's just been a disdain for anyone playing security ever since pizza station due to the whole "fuck the establisment" mentality that we have as an userbase, it's exarberated by shitters like the previous HoS or the infamous HoS from early Pizza that murderboned people until he was basically lynched roundstart by everyone. Shit security officers, wardens and detectives are expented therefore people are more willing to greytide against them even if they show competency and robustness.

It's more on how we can behave to untaint the record of shitcurity, rather than expecting people to simply forget how damaging towards everyone's fun a pubbie or a shitter with a stungun and armor can be. There's also those who think security shouldn't be validhunting because of space law, but according to space law itself the job of the officer IS to validhunt, it's the entire reason the job exists.

SERVER ETA

10 MINUTES

DISREGARD THAT I SUCK COCKS

Windows is refusing to install the database backup until I update it. WOOOO. Add an extra 10 mins ish.

WOW
WOW
JUST
LIVING
IN
THE
DATABASE
WOW
WOW

HURRY UP, I NEED TO FILL MY SS13 ADDICTION.

I MUST ROBUST.

server online without Database

ONCE UPDATES ARE DONE IMMEDIATE RESTART WILL OCCUR. THIS IS YOUR ONE WARNING BOYOS

Nor should you be expected to. As long as you aren't dramafagging or breaking the rules, I couldn't care less what you do/say in the threads. Can't speak for everyone, but this seems to be a common stance on the whole thing. However, there is a third option, that may be the better one: Ignore the really loud faggots who blow shit way out of proportion and release quality content in spite of them. Don't just up and vanish just because they will bully you if you don't. TL;DR don't be such a fucking faggot and just do what you love doing. If it's good, people will notice and have it requested.

To a degree. Unnecessary shit can go, but keep anything that fixes stability or that almost everybody can agree was a good decision.

Spider-Man virology add in when?
fling webs and bite people for toxin damage.

Well this was a meme shift from the stat. Why not end it with a real meme of a guy.

So, how do I use that newfangled "web-client" thingy? I haven't played SS13 for several years, and I can't even find it, but I don't want to install BYOND again.

The webclient is actually aids. Plus it would "require" me to make a html webpage and you will be the laggiest fucker on the station. Maybe just cry with byond like the rest of us

sierra why is serbia still kill

Because I am into make database and also windows updates. Server will be online momenterily

Serbia online

Your dramafaggotry is as unwelcome here as spider's is. Go back to reddit, or whatever pit you crawled out of. There's nothing here for you but the gas chamber.

See
"As long as you aren't dramafagging or breaking the rules, I couldn't care less what you do/say in the threads."
Read better next time.

And check my dubs too, while you're at it.

Nice

>i will never be bullied for being trash again

Remain upset. I'm not going anywhere.

Shiggles here, I guess I'll download the game again when I get home from work it's not like ive got anything better to do fampai

How many people still play?

If you mean Planetside 2 literally nobody

The outfit dissolved my fam

Oh rip

Did the devs make the game even worse or something?

Everyone just got bored of the game

This happens with every game Holla Forums gets into and I have no idea how spessmen avoided the cycle

Autasm

There has to at least be a few people left though right?

There might be a few people, but I wouldn't be able to check because I pulled my character out of the outfit right before everyone in the threads decided to stop.

tbh id come back if you fags did im just tired of it being people with fuck autism and randoms that gunnerfuckface added to the outfit

im not bored yet ive still got a few hundred hours left in me

BASED

im downloading right now on steam except it will take another like 20 minutes to download the in game shit

rip not a single person is not kill also the outfit daily message said ded

V here. I'd like to point out that quite frankly, I think the majority of your sprites range in quality between subpar to mediocre, and I'm not willing to spend lots of my own limited time trying to figure out how to implement every single one of your random, vague ideas ASAP. It gets especially discouraging when you keep on throwing us sprites like pic related and flooding the issues box with autism.

see you're not out right denying my sprites based on because you don't like me, you're being reasonable and saying you can't add all of my stupid shit and that's fair, that's utterly fair, I would have to be rightly retarded to think otherwise on that but this isn't about your side of this sadly.

this is about sierra denying every and any sprite I do based upon the fact that his circlejerk doesn't like me using any bloody excuse he can when the fucker knows better

I know that most cures for diseases are made from the diseases themselves but good fucking grief.

Both of you should just stop. I don't care who started it, I don't care why it started, and I don't care if you're having fun shitting up the thread. You both need to get the fuck >>>/out/

It's past the bump limit anyway you fucking tryhard.
Since you insist on being a backseat board volunteer, do it in the new thread.

36 people on right now

I usually don't want to play a head since i'm terrible at the commanding part but shit like that makes me want to start a mutiny

So here's something I've been wondering as a sec guy: if the Captain or HoS is just murderboning people, can I arrest them for breaking the law or does that fall under mutiny?

They have higher authority over you so probably not. I think you can still defend yourself.