Harry Potter Games

I've been wanting to explore Hogwarts, but dunno which Harry Potter games is better for it. I actually would want a Harry Potter experience outside of the one in the books, having your own adventure in a house of your choosing, etc, specially where I can explore Hogwarts as a whole, like fucking everywhere since I think it's an interesting place..
So, what is a good Harry Potter game for what I mentioned, or in general? I only played a few, namely the secret chamber GC and The Goblt of Fire PS2. Nothing great, I liked the GC one, though.

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/download/hk7ht5tle1x98hp/acadDLC16.7z
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The GBA Harry Potter RPGs are fun. Go pirate them.

This, OP.

Harry potter and sorcerers stone is more fun than it seems on the Gameboy Color

A Bully styled game for harry potter would be cool

I've read before that they're good. I'll give them a try, although that's not exactly what I'm looking for.
Also, I just remember I played the PS1 Harry Potter games. Maybe is nostalgia, but they were fun, too.

The fact that there isn't a harry potter mmo makes me extremely sad.

Don't be. Imagine what the fucking players would be like.

That would probably be the best way to do it.

HP 1 2 and 3 on PC are the goat wizard school simulators
Just don't play any of them after EA got their hands on them and everything went to shit
1 is a little rough and janky gameplay wise but the atmosphere is there
2 is actually a good game, controls really fluid, pretty perfect all around
3 they went a little hard on certain aspects of gameplay that slow the flow down but overall it's still acceptable

Why hasn't this been done before? Like Persona but with witches 'n shiet.

Yes I know Magical Diary is a thing, but I want an actual videogame, not a Visual Novel.

If my memory serves, Order of the Phoenix brought back the sort of free-roam exploration, not as good as the originals, but still okay. Then EA decided to turn the franchise into a fucking third person shooter and everything went to shit.

Because Rowling hates vidya and no one here is talented enough or dedicated enough to try and make a game like that on their own.
I want it too, though.

THIS

The first game is a grindfest, but the second one was much more fluent and fun. Look up The Chamber of Secrets for the GBC as well.

What's that about? I believe you, I'm just curious as to what she's said.

I'm just going off hearsay, honestly.
I've heard in other threads that she dislikes games, but I don't have any evidence that she's said that.

Offtopic. But what the fuck happened to their poster design. The first 3 look awesome and then after that its all Twilight bullshit (you could literally put Deathly Hallows next to Twilight footage and likely wouldn't be able to tell the difference.) Also Jesus fucking Christ those posters make me feel old. I guess that also kinda explains things too, Rowling took the demographic from Nerdy bookworms to retarded Tweens looking for a fap. Naturally the games would get neglected. I actually really liked that Open World one a few years back.

I do agree though, an MMO would've made sense. But I would have argued for it being set before all the dark tween bullshit.

Harry Potter's always been at it's best when it's more about the silly magical world stuff over Harry being an edgy fag. Sadly, that's not exactly out of character for any teenager ever, but still.

This. There was an innocent charm to the original Harry Potter books and movies, that it was a strange magical world with elements of danger. I don't remember anything past the second movie much because it turns into this edgy, Twilight clusterfuck and dark shit everywhere. I had watched Philosopher's Stone and then Deathly Hollows and it would be hard to believe those two are the same series.

I suppose it's at least good that there's no Cursed Child movie yet where Harry is a minor character in his own fucking series.

I think the real Redpill moment for the series for me. The.. That's it I'm out of here.. Moment was when Ron see's Hermoine fucking Harry in a hallucination. I was like. Nope now you've completely ruined Hermoine as a character for some Fap Bait. Yeah we get it, Emma Watson is a slut. Now can we just not ruin the only good performance she ever did in the first 3 films thanks. Like what the fuck.

Rowling is a terrible writer. She got lucky with the first 3 and then completely gave up after that.

The first three films were good because they had a competent director.

Pretty much. Rowling and the movies decided to move into a much darker tone as the series continued, perhaps to try and feel like it was growing up with it's audience, I dunno.

To be honest, the thing I felt most closely captured the feeling of Harry Potter's early days of a fun world with likable characters populating it was Little Witch Academia.

HP falls apart when the generic chosen one plot and the more serious elements take over, the series proceeds to lose a lot of it's charm later on when it gets away from the magic and into reality. Showing some of the darker sides of the wizarding world is all well and good, but at times in the latter half of the franchise I felt like I was watching a generic thriller/action film with fantasy elements over the magic world I liked a lot as a kid.

If Rowling is smart she'll go back to fleshing out the world she created with a lighter tone, which appears to be what she's doing with her new movie, but who knows.

>I suppose it's at least good that there's no Cursed Child movie yet where Harry is a minor character in his own fucking series.

Give it time, five more years or so and they'll adapt it.

Rowling's whole thing is that she got lucky. She jacked a premise from a story, rolled with it, and got lucky enough to have the lighthearted charm carry her through the first few books.

Even then, apparently, a lot of the reason those books stand out as much better than the latter series is because her editor sliced out a ton of shit, before she got too big for her britches and kicked 'em to the curb.

That's the books though, the films fall apart because the director changed after the first three. Goblet of Fire is competent I guess, but Half Blood Prince is a joke, Order of the Phoenix infinitely forgettable and the Deathly Hallows started the trend of needlessly splitting a story in two for the sake of it.

Just download the Minecraft maps that people made of it. Someone made a 1:1 recreation of Hogwarts in Minecraft.

You never get to explore Hogwarts ala an MMO type of wandering in any of the Hairy Putter games.

Order of the Phoenix on PS2 has all of Hogwarts modeled for you to explore
Short of that, the GBC games surprised me by being decent JRPGs in spite of being made by EA (of course, almost everything from EA in that era was surprisingly good when you compare it to their current design philosophies)

Did it ever

Cursed Child's that bad, eh?

It's not like much happened in the first half of Deathly Hallows, so they could have just trimmed the fat like they did with the other books. Guess they really wanted to wring shekels out of the audience instead.

Alright you niggers, describe some actual gameplay for your game.

I've been playing around with the idea of a spellcasting system, I dont like the idea of quick casting or mapping spells to a single button.

My solution: nested radial menus.

The player presses a button to start casting (I imagine this as a shoulder button on a controller, or the middle mouse button on the keyboard) which opens a radial menu with a couple of directions in it (one direction for each spell type, up for transfiguration, down for charms, left for curses, etc).

The player moves their input method into the section of the wheel of the kind of spell they want to cast, and another radial menu opens.

In this nested radial menu there are a few simple spells available, as well as options to go further into more radial menus for more complicated spells.

In this way, powerful spells can have a more complicated input requirement. The number of radials can also be increased or decreased to raise or lower the difficulty of the input.

So, I imagine that a simple shield spell would have a quick input that can be done extremely fast in the heat of battle. Eg. ←↓. Which would basically become a flick of the wrist.

While something much more dangerous, like a curse to boil someones blood would be a bit more complicated. ↑→↓→←

Think of it like fighting game inputs but a lot more forgiving on the timing. The differences in skill between two players will be found in how quickly they can cast spells and how best they can utilise their arsenal.

Oh, I forgot to mention. Movements in the radial menus translate to movements with your wand.

Skilled players may be able to identify enemy spells before they are cast based on their opponents wand movements.

Tried academagia? its like KoDP but in a wizard school.

I've been saying this in many of these threads, you don't specifically need to build the game around Harry Potter. The setting is so generic you can get away with making a simulacra and dodge Rowling's shit worldbuilding.

The magic system in HP is complete ass, there is a minimal amount of spell specific rules and that's it, the rest is people waving gay little wands and shouting Latin at each other. There is no complex interplay between spells, no mechanics to set up specific barriers and breach them, no intricate syntax and vocabulary for spells.

If it was up to me I'd throw away all the wang waving bullshit and focus on the language of magic and how spells are constructed. What is the most basic element of a spell? Is it a sound or an image or a combination of both? What are the rules for combining these basic elements into more complex structures?

Can you simply say (in magic) Fire and produce fire? Can you say Big+Fire+Ball to generate a big fireball? Should the potency of the spell rest on how much "mana" you poured into casting it? What are the limitations of the language? What are the hardcoded rules that govern the general and particular of spells and spellcasting? How do you devise a system that encourages the player to be creative with spell creation and that learning is the way to power?

One of the most frustrating aspects of Harry Potter is that he's sitting on a veritable arsenal and instead chooses to spend time being a fuckwit while knowing Wizard Hitler wants him dead.

So something more along the lines of magicka or ultima?

I always liked how in magicka even when you were mashing keys to cast a spell in a blind panic you would usually have a rough idea of what it would do.

I dislike the idea of mana, because it just gates a spell behind an arbitrary number. I fucking hate the idea of having a spell that requires 100 mana but a players limit is only 99.

In this, I think JK actually did a good job. There's no wanking about powerlevels in Harry Potter, you aren't born a better wizard or witch than anyone else. Instead, magical power comes from hard work, determination and focus. Voldemort wasn't a prodigy because he was born that way, he was a prodigy because he was autistically focused. Dumbledore wasn't the most feared wizard because he had big mana reserves, it was instead because he had such a vivid imagination.

Until the stupid bitch decided to make a wand stronger than any other, fuck

Not once in Harry Potter is a character described as being tired from casting spells. This is the best part of the system for me.

Of course Harry and everyone in the wizarding world is a retard though, the world was clearly built as the series was written. Why the fuck would people use portkeys or floo powder if most adult wizards can apperate everywhere? And take people with them as well? Shit wasn't thought out at all.

I like it. Its like magicka with mouse movements instead of key presses.

I actually do like limitations, it forces you to be creative, instead of spamming avada kedavra. Most myths about magic make it clear there is always a cost involved when breaking the rules of the world.

But there are. Dumbledore is the most powerful, followed by Voldemort, it makes it clear some wizards are more powerful than others.

Truly superb Jewish propaganda, and then the brainless liberal cunt fucks it up by saying the magic gene is recessive, thus making it plain that Voldemort is actually right.

Yeah, and then you'll get players gaming the shit out of the system when they figure out the most efficient spell combinations and will merely keep spamming those. And have you seen depictions of magical fights in Harry Potter?

It's just people spamming colored globes at each other and swatting them away with their wand. It looks gay.

Harry chief among them. He should have you stolen a gun and shot his enemies with it.

Because if you apparate when you're distracted, you could lose a body part in the process. I recall them mentioning that some people did that when taking the exam for apparating.

Are there any good games with complex casting mechanics? I want to be a wizard and shit but not pressx2fireball but actually invoke the arcane to zap a mother fucker.
Dragon's Dogma has some really neat spells but you just charge them until they're ready which isn't very interesting. Magicka was pretty neat too but mostly in an ohgodwhatthefuckdoesthisdo panic way that's fun with friends and legend of grimrock was cleaner but a bit boring.

I'm not saying there shouldnt be limitations, but I am saying that having mana, or magical energy or whatever the fuck you want to call it, be one of them is fucking gay.

I'm not going to dispute that Harry Potter is pretty fucking liberal. I mean, the whole pureblood movement is a pretty blatant allegory for racial supremecy. But nowhere does it say that Dumbledore or Voldemort were born better at magic because they had bigger magic reserves or a more developed magic core or some gay shit like that.

The system shouldn't accurately mirror Harry Potter. Frankly I think the entire series only got more retarded with every entry, but just because Harry Potter has a spell system that uses wands and lacks mana doesnt mean that any spell system that has wands and lacks mana is shit.

If the wands are your problem then you can swap them out and have staves, or rings, or magic language, or any combination of them and who cares what else.

Players are going to game the system and find the most optimal spell set up to use no matter what you do, in fact, I would argue that that is part of the fun. However, the system needs to be balanced enough that alternate strategies from the dominant one are viable and there is room for experimentation.

Except once apparation is introduced we see people zipping around in battle with it. I'm pretty sure Hermione apparates like 5 people at once after she got tortured for hours in book 7, I imagine she would have been pretty distracted at that point.

The main character's a dirtbag Slytherin? It'll work.

Magicka, I guess.

That doesn't really mean you can't try to limit players in what they can exploit. A game with little to no limitation in that aspect is boring. I do agree that the mana system is shit.
You have to be clear, if you want a simulator or an actual game.

Actually, the main reason I made this thread for was for exploring the world. As I said in the OP, I think it's interesting outside the shitty Harry Potter story, the world around it is pretty interesting, although the last movies have some retarded shit.

Sounds interesting, will try, although I never played minecraft.Also, it's not like I want an MMO, I just want exploration a la Skyrim, maybe, single player full of lore and shit.

Well yeah, it got shitty.

You can tell just by the posters the first two are an actual adaptation of the books (kids are in robes because magicians don't even know how to dress like plebs, etc…), then they changed the director and it became random action teen movie with magic in it. It follow the general plot but there is nothing left of the world building and background setting that makes Harry Potter peculiar.

Oh it's bad.

This is the reason retarded writers (like Rowling) should never, under any circumstance, touch upon time travel.

why did they go back in time? Everything was fine once voldy was killed.

Chamber of Secrets on gamecube?

Like others have said, the portable games are pretty good.

I bet she is going to make the next few books about fixing the timeline somehow, otherwise it just made everything that happened in her previous books beyond worthless.

What about an horror game centered around witches and wizards?

Nice to see people willing to admit Rowling is complete shit at developing settings. Deathly Hallows was Rowling's chance to show us this "wider wizarding world" we'd heard about since the first book, and what happens? Harry's in a tent for half of it, and just revisits past locations for the rest, with the only exception being Godric's Hollow. Everyone told me I was an idiot who just didn't realize that Rowling has tons of ideas for more books in the universe to flesh it out. Now, we have Cursed Child proving once and for all that Rowling didn't create a living universe with Harry being a single part of it, but rather she created a very small stage to put a spotlight on Harry, and that spotlight doesn't move even when Harry isn't the main character.

Bullshit. There are tons of times the books mention certain wizards being more powerful than others. Aside from the obvious Dumbledore and Voldemort, I think it was Barty Crouch that was described by Hagrid as "powerfully magical", and Ginny Weasley's bat bogey hex is said to be much more powerful than standard. On the other side of the spectrum, the books constantly shit on Neville Longbottom's lack of power or proficiency with magic, but that admittedly is probably just to make Harry and his friends look better in comparison.

I think that the harry potter with the best hogwarts I played was the order of the phoenix for the ps2, iirc.
I never read the books myself but every room you saw in the movies was in that game, it was amazing.
The gameplay itself was pretty neat too.

I also remember enjoying the prisoner of azkaban for the PC. These are the only ones I remember so I guess I didn't like the other games very much.

Chamber of Secrets on the ps2. There might be a better version of it but I only know the ps2 version

I also feel this way. Also fucking hate how they have magic yet just use it as a replacement for guns.

Rowling didn't write Cursed Child

But there was one. It was one of the first games I ever broke too.

Shit was fun as fuck

Voldemort’s daughter tricked Harry and Draco’s son into going back in time.

Also Harry’s son is in Slytherin.

No, it’s all fixed instantly in Cursed Child.

It’s like 70 pages because it’s just the script of the play, not an actual book. Pirate the PDF and just read it.

Or not, because it’s designed with Hermione being a nigger.

Just to fuck with these idiots, we should start assuming Padma Patil is white. After all, the books never really say what race she is.

It is also mentioned in the books that she was white but apparently Rowling forgot about that. She also ok'd hermoine as emma watson for the movies so if she already had in mind that she was black they wouldve gotten a black actress instead. Im sure a kind user has the book quotes handy because I dont

That actually sounds more realistic and interesting for the character. Harry Potter was a rather common, if slightly stupid kid, no reason why he should stand as a hero, since he was only special because he survived as a baby. Sure, he killed Voldemort, but not because he was great, more likely because he was the only one who could.

What the fuck?

Yes, I have vague memories of it. It looks like it's the same PS2 version, and that should answer this

Resident Evil 4 feels like that.

This is exactly my problem, and I'm looking for something that isn't this.

It actually wasn't mentioned in the books. The part that people refer to isn't a reference to her race or skin colour but just is essential describing her as scarred.

So niggers faces turn white when they are scared?
Wouldn't "paled" or "scared" or anything else fit better than white?

stop the fucking thread this need atention, is she hot?

They would be more accurate. However it's clearly an exaggeration. It's not mean't to be taken literally.

I wouldn't be surprised if she was a snek.

and that she returned tanned from her summer vocation, and Rowling sketched her as a white person in 1999 and whatever other examples of her beeing white exist within the books.

I've seen the picture.
I was only arguing about the "Hermione's white face was sticking out from behind a tree" line.

Thanks for clearing up the misunderstanding.
She can also tan and turn pink (not red) while blushing and her mother is white.
With all that she must be a very very light skinned nigglet.

Polite sage for posting useless garbage.

Nah best way to fuck with them is by pointing out that black Hermione makes perfect sense since she uses alohomora more than any other character in the series and is even the one who teaches you the spell in the games.

A possible idea I had for something like a magic school would be to use eastern magic/theme instead of the usual European medieval style wand magic. Then use short staffs as wands that could increase/decrease in length (like young Goku's powerpole) which could be use for vertical movement and self defense.

One of the things I never liked about the director of the HP was that I thought after the first 2 being directed by Chris Columbus, then another guy for the 3rd movie and then they got another director and stuck with him for final 4 (4 and a half? . . . 5?) movies.

Speaking of OotP, it's longest HP book and yet it ended up getting the shortest HP movie.

It been a few years since remember reading it but one of the original EA devs who worked on the GBC games was on neogaf and claimed that an EA manager would tell the console HP game teams what to do extensively while basically ignoring the GBC team who did their own thing without much interference.

I'm liking the sound of this, especially the identifying enemy spells via good observation of the player.

you could play academagia, its a wizard school simulator thats aparentl based on the earthsea books.

plus its made by Black Cock Studios

Her race is mentioned in the book.

It's also on the books, the Deathly Hallows has her on the cover. Also JK Rowling forgot that she chose the children playing them based on how much they looked like the characters rather than acting merit.

Leting that dumb liberal bitch J.K Rowling continue to write for Harry Potter is a big mistake, she should have learned from George Lucas that just because you're the creator of this world doesn't mean you are the best choice for that world.

She continues to let her political narrow minded views dictate the course of the harry potter world and actively continues to sabotage any sense decent lore in the world purely because SJW are her target force.

No it wasn't. The world is actually pretty neat and cool some of the better fantasy set up in the modern era. Just get the fucking cunt Rowling out of the story making before she retcons everything just so her stupid middle age bitch self can feel good about herself on twitter.

Honestly go look up her twitter feed, it's a nightmare of PC culture and her just literally ripping out established story plots just so she can please liberals.

Because people are morons and allowed Rowling to control her series, she's turning into another fucking Lucas.

white as in pale not necessarily white white.

Sure, people all around use the word white over the word pale to describe a pale face. Sure thing, double nigger.

The books are british, they have a funny way of talking.

Not so funny that they would use white to describe pale over the word pale.

I this instance I'd assume it's used to describe a sense of shock.

Even if that were the case though, "white" would still only apply to caucasians or, possibly, asians since black people don't tend to suddenly invert their skintone whenever they experience mild fear.

Dude, I'm pretty sure a black person could be scared to death and not turn white. Much like they don't blush in the same visible way that white people do.

brown person here
we're only pale if we have European ancestry

Gross.

FLIPENDO!

I dunno about you but I've never met a "pale" black person.

FLIPENDO!

BOOKFAGS ON SUICIDE WATCH
WHEN WILL THEY LEARN?

The PC versions of the first two are better than the PS1 versions. You got a full quiditch league in the PC version, it was the best.

The fuck you talking about, son?

Sounds like a rip-off of King of the Hill Online

Claim your houses, boys.

Ravenclaw and Horned Serpent are masterrace.

Get back to your containment thread.

Fuck off retard, it sounded like horseshit so I replied with an equally fake game.

Unless you're supposed to be an Ed Edd n Eddy Online fanboy, in which case I fucked the meme up

Horned Serpent looks like a penis wearing a fedora.

Hufflepuff here, you speshul snowflakes can suck our balls

I guess I pick Wampus because playing Hunt the Wumpus was a highlight of my life.

A little bit, yeah

Year 2 never ever

see>>10937845

WE

Meanwhile, Little Witch Academia is getting a TV anime.
Japan wins again.

wew

Well when your only other choices are "muh heroes" Gryffindor, "muh villains" Slytherin, and "literally who" Ravenclaw

She hates vidya and would never license out an MMORPG. Claiming it would keep kids indkors. Which is stupid, because Pottermore does that too.

We got HP games because they're based on the movies.

Heroes and villains are more interesting than Hufflepuff. One of the few noteworthy Hufflepuffs dies because reasons.
And Ravenclaw is dedicated to seeking knowledge, to find out more about the magic around us.
There is more talent in the pinky nail of a Ravenclaw than in the combined bodies of three Hufflepuffs.

Final Fantasy Type 0 is basically Japan's take on Harry Potter.

Hufflepuff is basically a house for people that end up working in "Muggle research" or kitchen magic or something boring like that.

Would it be faster to use a gun than to say abrah cadabrah?

Why not both?

xir

Why is he in British Desert DPM?
This from a training exercise?

EVERYONE SAYS YOU BELONG IN A ZOO

Compared to 1:08

I would like Harry Potter book more if wizards and witches weren't so stuck up about muggles and were open to using their technology. It would be cool to see a blend of technology and magic.

Don't be a pussy and do it like The Void did.

Do you think that if non-wizards ever found out about the wizarding world, they might try and develop antimagic technology?
It'd be pretty interesting to see a wizard-muggle war with that in mind.

You mean guns?

Magic sucks shit at direct combat. A pair of cruise missiles can kill off half of their population in Britain, and good luck setting defenses up against that.

However, the fact that so many magical spells and disciplines revolve around mental manipulation and transfiguration makes it insanely good for guerilla warfare.

No, user.
I mean like EMP grenades but instead of taking out electric currents it takes out magic instead.

Precisely.
Should muggles ever find out about the wizarding world and a war happens, the wizards will be fucked.

Don't you know, user? Anything related to guns is slavic because le serbia menes xDDDd

Well there is this TTRP setting some user in the VTMB thread got me intrested on that died in 2004 and the last edition of it totally didn't existed where this is also a thing.

You see, you have a bunch of different schools of magic with places everywhere and you have something called the Technocracy that fights them because magic is dangerous and must be kept under control.
What they do is that they engineered weapons for the specific reason of fighting mages, such as paradox bombs and other shit that disrupt reality or cut off the mages' connections with the outter realms.

In the backround you can clearly hear an eastern european language spoken.
It is most likely training exercise and the man with the PKM is in a Ukrainian volunteer battalion.

PS1 Version of Philosopher's stone
PS2 Version of Chamber of secrets
GBC Version of Chamber of secrets DO NOT PLAY THE GBA VERSION, IT IS SHIT AND THE BASILISK IS ANAL BEADS
GBA Version of Azakaban

These are the one's o've played anyway, Te RPG ones are fucking amazing.

I played the PSP Goblet of fire but it's hard as fuck.

And finally:

Also, one more thing: The PS2/PS1 H.P Games are all composed By jeremy soule and your TESIV: Oblivion will sound fucking amazing if you put his music in.

The only thing that ISN'T in the publish HP2 Soundtrack is the Basilisk's fight theme, which is fucking bizzare as it's one of the bests ones

Anyone have nightmares about doing the dungeon with the sleeping troll as a kid?

The closest I was to ever feel that was when I played WoW in a private server. All I wanted was to experience the story and feel like part of the world, It didn't work, but once I felt something pretty damn unique.

Itwas a nice little experience, our plan was to kill all the Alliance leaders for the fuck of it. Later that day we went and killed Furion and Tyrande, but not a lot of people came to help them. I hate that private servers are only for autistic PvP and [Current expansion] end game shit.

Although this sounds nice, how in the fuck will Hagrid have time for all the retards who wants to spent time with him? Unless his house becomes some kind of private place where only your player can be while other players have their own room with their own Hagrid and during the time he is outside he can actually remember everyone.

see
see

Well of course it'd be 1-on-1.

Hagrid is not for sharing.

This sounds a lot like the miracle signs in Black and White

With that sort of system you should rip one of the good ideas from Arx Fatalis. In that game you have to draw combinations of runes to cast different spells (don't rip this, mouse drawing sucks), but the cool part is that you can choose to cache a spell for later, a maximum of 3. You still have to draw them in the first place so they know what you might be using, just not when. Or it could be a way to balance powerful defensive spells that take time to charge but may need to be used quickly.

Nobody posted "hufflepoof" yet?

How? The biggest wizarding communities seen in the series lived right under the muggle's noses. Do you seriously think that any government in the world would nuke london?

Besides that, Wizards have teleportation, mind reading and mind control readily available to them. They may not understand muggle power structures, but all it would take would be one soldier to bed caught in order for the commander to be found, and after a quick teleportation and application of the imperio curse that entire branch of the military is compromised.

Keep in mind that there isn't a clear limit on exactly how many people can be mind controlled at once.That means that a single wizard might be able to compromise the entire military power structure of any muggle force.

Also, wizards can and do regularly wipe muggle memories. Imagine the chaos that could be caused if strategic information was wiped from high ranking officials.

Also keep in mind that wizards can travel backward in time five hours with the use of a time turner. Any attack will have to eliminate all possibilities of time travel bullshit from the wizards to prevent them going back in time and arranging for them to avoid the attack entirely.

Finally, most wizarding areas are warded against muggles, as in, muggles literally cannot notice them.

So since the muggles have no way to effectively target the wizards, no way to effectifvely defend against the wizards, no way to detect or prevent wizards from turning any muggle traitor, and no way to even remember that wizards exist after encountering a wizard, I suspect the wizards will just wipe the memories of all the muggles, give the person who revealed them a slap on the wrist, and continue living the way they have been living for the past couple of hundred years.

LOL

turning my flag off

First two films and first three books were GOAT.

Have a link? The igggames link is dead.

mediafire.com/download/hk7ht5tle1x98hp/acadDLC16.7z

wasn't there an MMO planned for this at some point? i have faint memories of that

There was, but it never really went anywhere.

Why has there never been a slice of life school but [quality] game? There was bully, but that was story based and structured as such.
I want a game a-la dead rising where you have shit to do across the school, but still have to keep up with the game's schedule.
That way it can be story based but still have shit like classes, free time, time for interaction, etc

Is this from The Wizarding World or was it one of the other ones that WB also stuck down?

Think it was from Wizarding World.

Shame, last I heard they were looking for private investors but that will happen never ever. Why they didn't just make a shitty OC Donut Steel Parry Hotter game that was modable instead is beyond me, that way they could make money off selling it for a couple bucks too.

The woman who played her was like 40-50 years old, man. She was less Moaning Myrtle and more Joints-Are-Groaning Myrtle.

Besides even if she was real she's a ghost and would pass right through you. I doubt she'd even be able to jill herself off for all her perving on dudes does her.

Where there's a will there's a way.Even if she can't cum she gets the satisfaction of knowing a boy finds her attractive.

I don't understand why, it'd make so much sense. Every kid's dream was to be in Harry Potter's world, every autistic girl wants to date cute boys and be their own OC donut steel, it'd be a perfect setting for that kind of RPG.

Fuck Harry Potter literally prints money. But no, rather than getting sold to a competent publisher, we got the rights sold to EA, who used the property to produce garbage shovelware and third person shooters.

I want so badly to make my own HP knockoff game, but aside from writefagging, I don't have any marketable skills on the vidya side of things. I could maybe put together a halfway decent VN given some time, but that wouldn't be anywhere near as satisfying as getting to explore a full 3D environment.

Fucked a lot of ghosts have you user? Never doubt the power of the penis, ghosts want the schlong as much as anybody else, I bet ectoplasm'd feel pretty good wrapped around your dong.

It's not like the ghost in Harry Potter have a good track record. They're always passing through shit, including people.

Doesn't mean they couldn't become slightly more corporeal if they wanted. And who's to say that weird tingly feeling you get when they pass through you wouldn't feel pretty awesome on your dong as a young developing wizard?

Slytherin hall has crusty couch cushions, so you know them niggas are sticking their dick in anything vaguely resembling a hole. I bet ghost fucking is actually a big problem.

Great movie, i enjoyed looking at a brief glimpses of different white surpremists.

Well given that they teach students how to brew effective sleeping potions, paralysis potion, love potions (as well as selling them in joke shops for children), and controlling spells of all sorts I'm sure that young developing wizards get their jollies through rape and polyjuice-roleplay rather than trying to fuck a ghost.

there any more to that image?

What were they trying to do for the fourth game and why is it so bad?

Listen, as fun as raping Hermione over and over again is while Polyjuiced as Luna Lovegood is. You're eventually gonna get bored and want to chase new sensations. Fucking ghosts is still something that'd totally happen.

I think so, but I don't have it. Just check Rule 34 for Ghoul School, you're bound to find plenty to keep your boner sated.

This fucking sprite makes my dick diamonds, a shame the game is a gringfest. Not sure if modders ever fixed it.

Most people don't have ADHD like you user. Most people enjoy vanilla sex, oral, and anal their entire lives and are content with it, minus positions and foreplay of course.

I think they're still working on it.

>Pops up at least three times in game to say 'lol yeh dis shit wuz cut lol!'

Fuck

It's not ADHD, it's sexual deviancy. I didn't know I was surrounded by normalfags on here. Fine, whatever, enjoy your date rape faggot. More ghost pussy for me then.

prisoner of azkaban for gc was the pinnacle of the games from my memory of playing most of the console ones. you could ride a gryphon around the outside of the castle and land on all the little towers and walls, and there were even hidden items there sometimes. this was after the third movie changed the castle layout tho, so if you're autistic as shit that might bother you. at its heart it's really true to the look of the films and it's a solid action adventure game.

And even most sexual deviants have one or two fetishes that slate their lust. You got ADHD son, ADHD of the balls and shit.

Whatever fag, I bet you're a Gryffindor, all about monogamous relationships and shit. I'll just be over here, having Myrtle moan all over my attention deficit balls.

I don't… quite think that's what Gryffindor is about, but in any case I'd be Ravenclaw.

Without her actually being able to touch them or getting any actual pleasure on her part, of course. You're essentially jerking off to non-interactive virtual reality porn.

I think I'll just be content with my rape spells.

Confirmed for never having had sex with a ghost, just like I thought.

Also

I knew you had shit taste but fuck son. Don't tell me you actually fap to those… things you posted.

'kay.

apparently having a working dick is all you need when you're in a hospital

So what, you banged a severely autistic girl while laid up in the hospital? Good job.

I banged what was essentially a real life Hermione in High School, contrary to what I thought at the time, turns out dating the bookworm is not fun at all. Funny that she AND Emma Watson turned out to be the same breed of cunt, makes it even more uncanny.

Sure, I bet you also fingered Hex from Good Game at a nightclub.

nope, i had a threesome with marilyn monroe and the queen

Pure sex.
I also really like the PS2 version of 3 even if it is drastically different than the PC version of 3.
Remember the fucking days when ports like this where so radically different playing either version resulted in a completely different experience?

Fuck I'm gonna go play that when I get home fuck me.

I'm told the Queen was pretty fine back in the way. You could get off to your pocket change.

Back when EA didn't totally suck user.
How far this industry has fallen since…

you know the expression "god save the queen"? they used it because they wanted to save her from me since my humunguous cock can cause fatal injury

Man what's your problem

she loses some points in symmetry but overall an 8/10
would romance over a candlelight dinner

I was gonna start of .gifs then move on to .webms but that other user bored me.

Who is this glans gladiator?

It's pikachu

The guy making these goes by Galian Beast. Just be warned, he is also into gay shit.

Suddenly I'm picturing a Harry Potter fighting game, with spells instead of martial arts moves. Actually makes the complicated inputs matter, and they backfire if you fuck up.

it actually took me a while to realize this is Emma Watson

i want to introduce emma wattson to emotions with my cock

It's the hair.

Sucks that she's a femicunt

Arx Fatalis has you actually draw runes on the screen with the mouse to cast spells

Is this seriously the closest we get to a canon interpretation of his appearance?

Yes.
And I'm fine with it.

Wanna know something even more weird about these games? Apparently Jeremy Soule never saw the movies before AFTER making the game music. How the fuck did he capture the essence and feel of Harry Potter so well without even listening to Williams original score?
The guy continues to blow my mind. He also said that he thinks it's a damn shame they never got an official release, but said they were pretty shoddily made and it was understandable, he mentioned that you're able to hear the conductor under one of the tracks for Chamber of Secrets, even.

It's used as a trap in the 4th book. It's kind of like mimics, but for teleporting.

>oh fuck my friend is dead

What a waste of time. It's very well animated and it's wasted on THIS.

I would settle for a First Person Point & Click adventure a la Frogwares Sherlock games.

Do you think that there is a chance of a new movie tie in with the release of that one movie about magic animals?

Probably, but since EA still has the license, it'll be shit.

Most likely if they want to get that piece of pie. But like said, it's going to be shit.

THIS REMINDS ME
Isn't there any kind of mod for the Harry Potter games that add content?

That looks like what Fable 2 should have been.

They're wizards, I'm sure they could find a way.

It have been already said, but J.K. Rollings is a cunt who doesn't like video games.

I think Akabur is a cool guy.

You sound more like a Hufflepuff normalfag. Also, those .gifs are terrible.

It is if you're an unfun person yourself.

Jesus fucking christ, just why?
Please don't tell me that shitty nigger play is canon to the series.

It's not even written by Rowling, if I recall. I'd say don't treat it as canon if you dislike it.

It's a point that Harry Potter magic is heavily skill-based, basically a mental and physical (for coordination) talent like martial arts, and that's on top of the intellectual aspect. Everyone has their own strengths and weaknesses in it, depending on how much effort they put in, what they practice for and the kind of training they get. Plus, having a good wand helps a LOT. (Neville and Ron both got a shitload better after they got their own wands instead of hand-me-downs)

The Portkeys were used basically as wizard mass transit to a particular location; unpleasant, but reliable and easy compared to Appearating, which can go horribly wrong unless you know EXACTLY what you're doing. (It's treated a bit like learning to drive, complete with licensing and tests)

A lot of stuff isn't thought out (Stunning spells woulda been REAL useful in book 3) but there's a logic to a lot of it. I mean, the whole setting is a SCHOOL for magic; clearly you don't get all the best toys from the get-go.

J.K helped write the story with Jack Thorne and John Tiffany, Jack Thorne turned it into a play script.

Lord Moldybutt did nothing wrong

why would you play trash based on trash

But this isn't a thread about your favourite game.

Didn't EA make the last harry potter games fucking FPS because the audience was "more mature now"

I think the last ones were third person shooters, I don't think they made an FPS though.

I'm honestly surprised given the size of the fandom that there aren't more fangames; there are a million and one slender clones and five nights at freddies clones, but the only Harry Potter game I can think of is that shitty Akabur thing. I suppose the need for voice acting would kill most concepts but still.

I think it's largely because the fandom is unskilled fanfic writing women from tumblr.