Games whose name you don't remember

Trying to look for an apparently obscure as fuck game with no luck so far, so I thought you could help me.

Feel free to post other games you want to remember though.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Futuristic_racing_games
youtube.com/watch?v=JFyOMNipn_4
nesguide.com/games/overlord/
satoshimatrix.wordpress.com/2012/03/23/top-100-nesfamicom-games-list-all-in-one/
hover.ie/
myabandonware.com/game/offroad-27q
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Séralini_affair
amazon.com/Emergency-Mayhem-Nintendo-Wii/dp/B000R37SJQ
amazon.com/Emergency-Heroes-Nintendo-Wii/dp/B0013A3GAW/ref=pd_bxgy_63_img_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=TH0TP7S75598WPFPY1S7
thegamesdb.net/platforms/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Shit user, can't help but here's a semi-bump

I have a weirdread: impossible one: the only thing I remember from the game is that it used the sound of the common loon bird for UI and/or background effects. Embed related.
I shit you not I spend an hour every other week just listening to this with my brain screaming "I MUST REMEMBER"
Recently I'm starting to remember that it could've been an online game in the browser - I give that a 20% chance

bump

I think Age of Mythology might have loon sounds in it

What was the name of that PS1 game where you play as a skeleton in armour? Its not obscure or anything.

Maybe Zeus: Master of Olympus?

I don't know I was around four years old.

I remembered some more details from predevelopmental years

I tried googling "PS1 games with female lead' but I got a bunch of oddly political nonsense from very strange people.

Hours of googling didn't get me anything.

Thanks bey.

this was released in like 2001
although you probably would have mentioned if it was a fucking rts on the gbc

I don't have the answer, but Uprising sounds similar, only you drive a single tank and build bases. It had 3 games (to my knowledge):

Serious Sam: The Second Enounter. First level. In fact, most of the first act has that beckground sfx.

Mega Qbert

No, I remember the grid being flat.

My bad, should have been more precise.
Like most German games, it was on PC (I found the article about that game in a strictly PC-magazine).

Very vague, but this was also probably around the 2005-2007 era

I can't remember the name of a Gamecube game I saw as a kid. you played as some blonde chick fighting monsters with I think some kind of card/summoning system and a manticore fight fairly early on. There were these little blue glowing spirit guys too.

Besides this, everything points to Armies of Exigo. Black Hole is a hungarian dev, not german.

Is this it?

A black 3D space with randomly generated, colored ASCII objects.
You can freely move inside this space.
It caused huge CPU load some 10 years ago because it's all generated in realtime.

I haven't found it anywhere since.

No, that's definitely not it.

Thanks user, that's exactly the one.

WAIT, found it, it's lost kingdoms 2. I knew the UI looked similar.

Here's an obscure one.
If you can find this game you're a fucking saint in my eyes.

I can't remember what exact year I used to play it but it was somewhere around 2001 and the game itself was shareware/demo

Long shot but maybe Theocracy? That has tons of bird sounds effects.

A 3d action/platfrom with cartoonish graphics. the protaganist is a boy and he has a sword. it has some prince of persia vibes.It's not that old probably 2002-2008 range. I don't remember much of it but I remember I hid it from my brother so he doesn't delete my savegames.

Nah, it was darker themed and in the city for the most part

This thing? Or maybe Prince of Persia (1999)?

Did it happen to also have huge multicoloured bars at the top?

What platform did you play it on?

Age of Empires certainly had that kind of ambience.

Baldur's Gate too, actually.

Nope it was more polished that that and the protagonist was a kid like 12 years old kid.

PC.

Magma mobile?
NYR?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Futuristic_racing_games

This sounds vaguely familiar, but nothing concrete comes to mind. Xena on PS1 maybe?

I don't remember the hud looking like that at all, The HUD was more kinda bland I guess you could say having black/white text and the standard

NYR Looks near what the style of graphics it possibly had but the cars were limited to being on a track

It's a lot different than I remember, and I could have sworn it had a rage-inducing multiplayer mode, but it does have a giant whose fingers you attack.

if this is what I've been looking for all these years I'm going to be super disappointed

youtube.com/watch?v=gKMRY9qj4jY&t=5m5s

my god, that is it
it's so much worse than I remember

what is the point of living

You could give it a try; you'll either recapture the magic of your lost youth or completely smash the nostalgia and your precious childhood memories along with it.

I don't recall the game being very good personally, but I haven't played it in well over a decade.

Space Haste 2?

Uprising: Join or Die?

looks nice

AUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRGGGHHHAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRGGGHHHAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRGGGHHHAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRGGGHHHAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRGGGHHHAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRGGGHHHAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRGGGHHH

And here is an image from the sequel.

Claw.

Claw.

Claw.

Captain Claw to be more precise

Yup that's definitely it, thanks guys!

why can't you google "pirate cat game"?

You could've just googled "pirate cat platformer"

AUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRGGGHH

thing is, I don't think I ever played it. I think the older kids at the day-care hogged the system.

I could, but then I wouldn't get to circlejerk about some childhood game I fondly remember despite having trouble progressing past a handful of early levels with you guys.

doesn't really sound like Midwinter, but here you go

Oh shit yeap that's it, good god it's been forever since I've seen it

most technologically advanced item we had at our daycare was teh gramophone on which we listened to communist friendly nursery rhymes and fairy tales like "The three little capitalist piggies", "Old Lenin had a farm", "Twinkle, twinkle little Stalin" and of course "If you're happy and you know it so do we".

We had a TV. I remember watching that old Superman cartoon and Tom and Jerry on it. Good times.

This thread made me look up the name of the first vidya I ever played. Damn my dad had some good taste despite not being into video games himself.

Ooh, I waited for a thread like this. I've got 3

#1 Some obscure japanese shareware game from around 1997. 2D game with dragonballesque characters, the idea was to run in circles on a map and do it in the fastest way possible using shit like walljumping. Required some asinine old version of DirectX, like 2 or 4?

#2 NES japanese game, the MC wears a too-big baseball cap and attacks everything by kicking soccerballs. The 2nd stage was on a rollercoaster i think?

#3 Some chinese/japanese NES game. I think the MC was a black-coat wearing spy. I remember one cutscene where you were shown an appartement building, and tho characters kissing in one of the windows. After, then the light in the window would go black.

Forgot to mention thanks, shits been driving me nuts trying to find it the last few months every now and again

Fuck you guys, because of you I want to watch the whole Xena PSX Longplay, I don't even know if it's actually that game.
AUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRGGGHHH

Golgo 13.

It was a weird sort of cartoon-animated puzzler about a woman in a shower, with a lot of losing conditions like dropping a glass bottle of perfume and freaking her out, or somehow accidentally turning her to stone. I don't even remember how the hell I stumbled onto it back in the day.

Thanks a lot, asshole, now I think I've played it in the computer lab back in the day.

Alright, here we go:

I've been searching for a while now, help me anons

It's not b&w but the rest fits for Blob Volley

More like Arcade Volleyball. Still couldn't remember the name, thankfully it was one of the search results.

It was a flash site that had games like one where you're a cupid that spends the game collecting arrows through some tedious means and then shooting them at a girl and a guy on a bench in order for them to fall in love with eachother. There was also a game where you're a squirrel and you run along the sides of urban buildings collecting nuts as long as you can before you miss a platform and fall out of bounds. It was basically a precursor to the running platformer mobile genre. Also I remember both having classical music as the backdrop.

here's a weeb'em in honor of losing that last shred of childhood magic

This sounds like a game from one of those compilation discs

Looks like was really hard since i don't remember much about it. Here's another game i want to know:
Ringed any bell?

Dark Cloud or the sequel.

I've been wanting to remember this game for a long while since I played it on my friend's Super Famicom back in the mid-90's, so help me:

That's it! Thanks a lot. I'd really appreciate if you could find my previous game too.

I know this is some of the vaguest shit but that shit was fucking baller to my 8 year old mind.

Fuck I forgot to mention it was exclusively for the PC.

Was it top down or first person?

No early relation to Blast Corps?

The only thing that comes to mind is The Blob from Clay Fighter.

Nope, thanks though.

alright, let's try this again

that game was scary

I think it was top-down

Ignition?

No, but very close! I'm relatively sure the graphics weren't as refined as that yet. Thanks though.

Holy shit I fucking found it

Not a standalone but a mod for half-life 2
You start out in prison grab some combine body armor and you have a tattoo on your hand or some shit
It had original music and voicework I believe

It's older than the comp. discs, the background of the screen is black with white head-feet-noses bouncing the ball around

So it's not Arcade Volleyball?

famicom game (I think, I played it on a famiclone)
you play as a tank/mobile base thingy that can suck enemy units and then deploy them as your own.
you move from the bottom to the top and sometimes an enemy UFO/mobile base thingy will swoop down and try grabbing your units.
images for attention

That is a lot of games that fit the bill
Super C, Heavy Barrel, Ikari Warriors and so on

YOU BEAUTIFUL MONSTER YOU

Thanks for the suggestions, Anons

AoM and AoE
I don't remember AoE having that, but I'll check it out again, but I never played BG ;_;it's on my backlog I swear

Never played those, but I did play Cesar (which is similar to Zeus, but neither seems to have that sfx)

I really hope you are a female because I'm starting to have feelings for you for suggesting what's probably my single most favorite game. I haven't played in 2 years though so I'll have to install and see if that's the one

Something has been really bugging me for a while now, maybe you guys can help. The game I am trying to find again was an rts that had demons and gunpowder units available, but you had to make a choice of which path you would take to determine what units you got. One of the demons looked like a graboid, and another carried rocks on it's back that were launched using a claw hand on it's tail. I can't for the life of me remember it's name.

Oh I also forgot to mention that this rts used a farm system where you could not train units beyond a certain amount based on how much food your farms could provide, if you over produced your units would suffer greatly

Warrior Kings.

You just confirmed it for me, I can't believe I didn't just google "rts with demons and gunpowder." Thanks a lot user, now I need a torrent. I hope the share thread has it

I got nothin' to say other than more Hex girl

no name no hex

This arcade game where you race I think it was monster trucks, and had a special joystick thing. Think there was an announcer too

What was that game that had a literal gun-man?

Trampoline Terror!

I've been trying to figure out what this was called for several days. Please help me.

This is literally all I can remember about the game. I think I was like seven years old when I last played it.

Xandra No Daibouken / Whirlo

Front Mission 3?

Okay, something I remember playing back when I was very, VERY young, likely one of my first vidya ever played

Maybe Nox? No idea

Nox, it wasn't isometric.
Unless it was, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't.

Severance: Blade of Darkness?
Demonstone?
Rune?
Maybe one of the Risen games?

The only other thing I remember was that it was black and white.

It's a lot older but it's not Dink Smallwood is it? It doesn't have the orbs though…

Sorry, it's not uprising. Graphics were more dated with a black sky if not mistaken. GUI is also old fashioned, with two horizontal bars (Armor and Fuel if not mistaken) on the bottom left and 2x2 inventory on the bottom right with some buttons. You couldn't build stuff either, though you could retrieve and drop floating, octahedron shaped turrets that would shoot at enemies with one of the two tanks. Remember there's also two types of sci-fi-ish airships that can also be piloted by the player in some missions.

First/Third person. You could alternate between both.

Sorry, it's barely like that Graphics are more modern than that, for instance.

Desperately trying to remember this flash game from the early 2000's, but it seems so obscure i'm losing faith in finding it.

It looked extremely similar to Samorost (pic related) both in it's design and gameplay, and i had looked to try and see if it was the same dev, but to no avail. Pls help Holla Forums.

Heres one ive been wondering about and i cant find it.

Thats all i can remember I barely played since it was a demo and ontop of that too hard for me as a kid it but want to actually do now since im interested.

Oh no, definitely more top down.
I went through a list of RPG games in between 199X and 2008 on Wikipedia and couldn't find it. It did get me to start playing Gothic.

It's newer than that or Nox.

Dungeon Siege?

I remember it was low poly and a TPS, though the rest is really vague.

Also, it used weird colors, like the wall being purple and some brown-yellow table. It was also night and raining, and it was dark as fuck inside the mansion.

Watching Dungeon Siege 2 just gave me chills.
Then I saw image related combined with the inventory screen and THAT'S IT! Everything looked brighter in my mind though.

Not a dude on a horse but Blood Omen?

Revenant? Might be too old. How about Sacred or one of its sequels?

The answer to has been found, it's Dungeon Siege 2.
Thanks for Sacred though, might play that sometime.

Used to play it when starting elementary school.

Nigga thats Gizmos and Gadgets

Not sure. The isometric view is fitting. Not sure about the bar on the right. Im afraid i dont remember enough of it. I didnt run around in any dungeons during the demo though. Im pretty sure of that. The place i remember looked more like an open town square but it was really dark. And from what i can see in the video blood omen had pretty bright-ish outside areas.

Seems to fit the genre, but it's not what I recall. Whatever game I'm remembering had a similar appearance to this for sure, but it was much more cartoonish. And by that I mean things were more colorful, despite a black background, doors were curved, shit like that.

It isn't a monkey island game. i have checked all those.

I can't remember the name or anything and honestly the only reason I remember the Amiga part is cause my uncle gave it to me as it was on its way out. Wish I still had that shitty old box, Amiga had some good shit.

Here's one I can't quite recall.

youtube.com/watch?v=JFyOMNipn_4

this?

oh my nigger i found it.

Props to for pointing me in the right direction though.

I remember this game, it was a decent time waster

The Citizen maybe?, there was a section were you disguise as a combine elite soldier.

Thank you!

Sounds like the Samurai Pizza Cats game

Hopefully someone knows what I'm talking about.

Murphy's Law? They were only in German from what I remember, but they were great.

Whelp. having spent yet an other day searching for the game to no avail
I'm starting to feel like it was a flash game in the browser which means I'll never find it
I'm starting to lose it ;_;

Sounds like one of the older Elite games

Neighbours from Hell?

Starflight or Star Control?

this drawing will surely help

Yep that's the game

Fuck they're amazing

Two flash games. One was some bizarre game about pregnancy and embryos, maybe on a machine or treadmill. In the other you were some guy with a sword and weird hair going around killing monsters. One level could be blue colored, and he may have indigo hair. Three exttas: a top down Hot Wheels game on a city, another where you are a rocky ball sliding down a cliff to meet your parents with sad music. Also, agame where you are a fat guy, getting rid of calories. That game could have been 3 in a row style, and definetly had a ranking system about precious stones and metals like amethyst and gold.

AstroPop is a space game about bricks. Also, there was a virus game where you had to heal the virus with pills or a guy would go from fever to coma.

Lotts of gaps in memory

Yeah, I remember that one.

More specifically, isn't it the one where your car gets towed away?

Oh yeah, the calories guy mjght have had to avoid eating certain food like burgers.

Random names to think about: Kalokie Outpost, Tinos Fruit Stand, Alien Shooter, Huntsville Crimes, Chocolatier

Iirc you were chased by 3 evil cars. I checked the site and it aint there

I dont remember much, but here we go.

Its not much, but ill know it when i see it

Ill add one more thing i remember to it.

I remember one from the mid 90s, may have been developed by 7th Level, where you flew in this hovercraft thing around a Bladerunner-esque sewer or city something. The walls were predominately blue, and you could change which plane you were going on, So if you hovered towards a wall on the ground and hit the wall, you would adjust 90° up and shift your plane of vision, hovering up the wall.

And it wasn't G-Nome

Not alone in the dark by any chance?

Its a long shot, but I am looking for an online flash game (or at least flash like) that I played many years ago. It was online multiplayer and could be played in the browser.
Basically, you are a pawn on a map with hexagons. If you got to a hexagon neighboring another players pawn, each person had a chance to lose their pawn. There were also green hexagons, which, if you were on (or next to, can't remember) them you could make your pawn into a "house" which would spawn more pawns about once a minute or so until the green hexagon was used up. You could also transform your pawn into a castle, which I believe gave it a bigger chance to win against a pawn, but you could no longer move the piece. Transforming back into a pawn wasn't possible.
The game didn't stop, so if you went to bed, you would usually go into a corner and make a bunch of pawns into castles around 1 pawn hoping to survive the night.

I haven't been able to find anything on it in the last 10 years or so. I am probably going to remake it at some point in time.

Also, slightly less on topic. I am looking for old mods and maps and what not for rainbow six rogue spear. I know my old clan had about 12 gigs worth of them (which was a fuckton in those days, your average map maybe being a meg or so big). Sadly almost all of these seem to be lost. If anybody has any of these saved anywhere, I would appreciate it. I have downloaded most that can be found relatively easily on the web, but I would really love it if somebody had a fuckload of them somewhere. I doubt I have more than 50 meg of them. Some of the maps I am thinking about are the glasshouse ones, but really, any will do.

G-Police?

Holy shit this is it! Thank you very much!

There was a multicart full of NES games I played way long ago with a friend, but it was actually for SNES. There were all these strange games I want to revisit, and the menu music was unique. It seems like the longest shot, but how would I find a rom of this thing?

Looked it up, I don't think so.

While not the user you responded to, That was another game from my childhood I couldn't remember.

I can't remember anything else about that game.

I'm going to see if someone knows these games here again.

I only got that game once, played for 5 minutes and made the guy who sold me that give me another game.

I only played this one once too, but the GameCube wasn't mine and I doubt I can find the owner of it to ask about this game.

Shinobi?

No, but this Shinobi looks cool.

If I remember correctly, the ninja from the game I'm talking about wears some yellow clothes.

Any of these look familiar?

Or these?

HELP ME, Holla Forums

In like the late 90's or early 2000's I downloaded just a demo for a game you could buy online. I can't remember if it was an indie game or not.

My copy probably was having graphical issues, so my experience of the game was that the challenge was seeing what was even happening, since everything was a white texture.

After like weeks of playing I found out there was a "full game" and it had screenshots with textures.

The game itself was kind of a 3d maze thing, with enemies acting more as hazards than real enemies. It was something of a puzzler in the regard that you were expected to predict enemy behavior as you moved.

When you died, I think the game over window said "It's a dog eat dog world" or something to that effect.

I want to say the name of it was something tribal sounding, like jumanji and Zathura. I know those aren't it, but it's all that comes to mind. I've been trying for fucking YEARS to find it.

There was this game like Mario for the NES but you had a mining hat or something, anyone?

The SNES was released in Japan in late 1990; there's no game that fits all of those parameters.

If i had to make one guess, though, it'd be this steaming pile.

Offroad Thunder?

It's not 5 people and it's '93, but just in case. Screens are from Paladin's Quest

Trying to remember the name of this game i played back in the late 90's.
You played as either a soldier, hacker or mage and you could switch between these just like in Trine.

Bump. Anyone knows about any of the games I posted

That's the one! Man, now to see if I can find it online. Seems like a great "gitchy movie" game.

Helicops?

I swear there's a 5th gen game in which Lifesavers (the candy) are pickups

Not it, sorry.

Also something else i remembered

user, you need realize that I'm in tears right now because this brings back so many memories. I now know all the video games I played with my grandma at her house on her Genesis. It brings back so many good memories with her. There's no way that I can possibly express to you how happy I am.

What's her name, Holla Forums?

Is this it?

Were there odd cutscenes where you talked with bosses?

I can't remember if there were bosses or not. If you know a similiar game then go for it.

First one could be Godai Elemental Force

PLEASE HELP I BEEN HUNTING THIS ONE GAME DOWN FOR YEARS.

win game

shamefully, I think I know what you're talking about, but don't know the name of the game itself as it was a game my cousins owned and I only played it once

game for megadrive(?)
main character was a robot(?)
the first(?) boss was a worm
you have a grappling hook
there are 3 light bulbs(or suns) that represent your special power charges

This game has haunt me since 2006 when I was in 3rd grade watching my big brother playing it on an emulator.

I think that's it. Thanks, have a cat girl.

I remember one user was looking for this exact game years ago (maybe it was you) and somebody did find it.
Looking through databases now, but I did find this little thing, looks interesting.
nesguide.com/games/overlord/

Sakura Taisen maybe?

Help me
It was kinda like Crazy Taxi (pick up people, bring them to a place) but it was with ambulances or other medical veichles, each with a different speed and passenger (maybe) capability. You could choose between arcade, 3, 5 and 10 minutes play

oh god this page
do not open it
satoshimatrix.wordpress.com/2012/03/23/top-100-nesfamicom-games-list-all-in-one/

One more try: The playable airships look roughly like pic related, and the left one shoots twin red lasers while the other one shot single blue ones and can carry bombs.

Old turn based isometric strategy game with DnD stats for your characters. The only unique thing I can remember is that the best equipment in the game was called Odin. You would make your moves then the AI would make theres along the battlegrid. Game could possibly be 15 years old and shareare.

This was disney game back in the 90's that played on a big box vcr like device. Not sure if it actually worked with the vcr. I know it took time to set up. It's not the disney vcr board game. It had it's own controller. I played it a few times when I was younger before my family gave it away since I didn't use it enough.

I've got one

any ideas?

old 2D sprite game for PC

first level is on a moving train, you're in a power suit and shooting at robot things

warzone 2100?

There a few games I am looking for I posted pretty much this exact message in the last thread I edited out the game someone found for me and added a little more info.

1) One game was a weird space/moon/planet landscape game where you had to visually scan (like look over and monitor, not a scan game mechanic) an environment and carefully look for very subtle things moving then you click them to advance, it was like a rover thing with science shit.

2) Another was a cartoony archery game that I don't remember much about; other then it was very hard, there was green fucking every where, I remember a little red too, I think it was a ladder style tournament game progression and there were robin hood looking motherfuckers all over the place.

These first 2 games were both on the same computer and possibly came from the same game disk.

The last one was this really fun pc game where you were a cat or a mouse where you had to either catch the mouse or the cat, this one I think is pretty easy to find if you are lucky it was top down and probably would be considered a realtime puzzle game, I think it came with the pc, perhaps a native free windows game, I tried looking for this one but got no luck all the results are for random unrelated mobile/facebook shit.

Any help would be appreciated, I wouldn't even know where to start looking. You would be doing me a big favor if you gave me any names.

PLEASE HALP

>With mostly human enemies through the levels maybe all the enemies were human

My memory is so clouded that I can't remember anything else. The enemies MIGHT have been Nazis, but I might be wrong.

The game is pretty much like dynasty warriors but there are muskets. The thing I remember the most of it that theres a moment where a guy who looks like Coa Coa is talking up about having some formation of muskets that allow for endless shots. Also you could run into empty bases and take them over.

…Samurai warriors?
Warrior Orochi?

If it's not then possibly Sengoku Basara or possibly even one of the Kessens.

And another one

I remember a lot about it because I found it and lost it again.

Holy shit, it was literally just Return to Castle Wolfenstein. I'm fucking retarded.

I would have never guessed it from this description and it is one of my favourite shooters.
Also:
>>maybe all the enemies were human
But, user, in RtCW all enemies are monsters.

My memory was clouded as fuck.

1st Game I ever played was this dos game where you drive around and have to dodge obstacles so you jump over them with the space bar on this black and white wireframe track. I dont think i'll ever find it.

I remember something similar, although I don't think the track was just a wireframe. It was 2D and had something like "4x4" and/or "road" or "rover" in its name. Tried to look for it but no luck, and it may even not be what you're looking for.

you mean Hover?

hover.ie/

No. It was a DOS game. I still had a CGA monitor back then, I think. Side-scroller.

nah

myabandonware.com/game/offroad-27q

?

it's a GMO experiment

no, its something like this.

you mean taking a type of mouse that is know for developing tumor and giving it ogm to proove that ogm are bad for human, when is not :^) ?

Wow I was just thinking about this game, thanks user

No, i mean giving a rat only GMO to eat and see that it causes a tumor since roundup pesticide is in the fucking food rather than normal Food.

and the other rat who only ate normal food was healthy.

there is no mouse or rat that is known for developing tumors, what the hell are you talking about.

I recently found a game I played in elementary school called Gizmos and Gadgets. Some parts of it look a lot like that screenshot. I only looked for it because of the music.

Indeed. I wonder if I'll like it better if I try it now.

Was it first-person, or side scrolling, or top down, or what?

Looking for a Game which is similar to Dungeon Siege 1-2 and Diablo only it is pure single player.
it is a old as fuck PC game which i remember playing it when windows 98 was still a thing. it had a very dark setting and the beginning area was one hell of a clusterfuck castle.
Not sure if the starting character was fixed or could be created.

certainly isnt Nox.

im pretty sure first or 3rd, i dont know…

WOWIE user THAT'S IT!! THANK YOU!

It was a windows top-down game where you played as a pirate ship going through fairly linear levels. You moved and rotated the ship using the arrow keys.

Enemies were mostly other ships, and you sank them by shooting cannonballs from your sides. As you got past the first few levels you would have to navigate past flame wheels and bullet bill things like what you would see in a Mario game. The artstyle was cartoony and simple 3D, and I remember being in awe that sunk ships didn't disappear, but would just sink to the bottom and stay there until you finished the level.

I think the game was fairly successful, as our neighbor worked for ATI and gave us other free recently released games like Duke Nukem and Half life.

I feel like it's a really obvious answer but I can't find it on google or even wikipedia's list of pirate games, and I can't remember the goddamn name for the life of me. The CD-ROM was black with a skull on it.

Is it the Buck Rogers game?

Almost positive there's basically no games from this genre in that time period, it died out in the early 90's
Your description sounds most like Planet's Edge to me.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Séralini_affair

Overboard! is the only one I can think of.

trusting monsanto
I guess there are stupid people.

GMO is genetically modifying foods, it is not a good thing. it will not solve world hunger, it will only contaminate your body. changing 1 genetic line in a code can have massive consequences that you can't predict, that is why we use rats and mice.

yea yea dat super sleuf game nigga had like 5-6 diff'rent joints fam shit wuz tyt.

That's the one! Thanks user!

okay, this might be little hard as I dont remember much but

this is terribly vague I know, but Im pretty sure if I saw some gameplay footage I would remember it

Possibly a Resident Evil game, Dino Crisis or Silent Hill?

it was an FPS on PC back in the early 2000s

Maybe?

nah it wasn't sin, it was more open ended, or at least had the illusion of being open.

Way back in the day I rented a snes game and never found out what it was.

no one lives forever?

are there any databases that are just a single screenshot of every famicom game?

Monsanto is cancer capitaliste pig,
ogm aren't not all bad :^)

thats fuckin it! thanks user

I've kept pet rats for ages. Unspayed female fancy/dumbo rats get tumors (usually benign) like mad in their later years. Spaying reduces the incidence of tumors by like 99%.

Polite sage for off-topic. Tried, but I couldn't identify any mystery games.

Chrome

There were a few that were on the wii.

amazon.com/Emergency-Mayhem-Nintendo-Wii/dp/B000R37SJQ

amazon.com/Emergency-Heroes-Nintendo-Wii/dp/B0013A3GAW/ref=pd_bxgy_63_img_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=TH0TP7S75598WPFPY1S7

nevermind it was field combat, I remembered it used ride of the Valkyries and a quick google search found vid related.
no more hex for anyone.

#2 sounds like Doki Doki Yuuenchi

Also varying dogs were a type of enemy. Their behavior was color coded, and the models were pretty low poly…not even sure they actually looked like dogs.

100% false. The two rats i got as a kid from the pet store both got horrible tumors. Friend also experienced the same. The current pet market rats have a 80% chance of getting them.

Its alright to be ignorant though.

This one's been bothering me for about 10 years now.

Man, that pink-haired girl looks so smug.

3D third person PC game where you can open locked dungeon Door by shooting things above them. I want to say they were ocarina of time style eyeball symbols being shot with arrows.

Game was medevil. Had caves…maybe had pre rendered backgrounds?

All I remember about when this game came out was my friend had the first Blade movie pirated on his PC at the time (big deal for late 90s/early 2000) so I'm GUESSING this was sometime from 1998-2001?

Good fucking luck with this one.

Except you can
How about you actually read up on how GMO seeds are made instead of spouting rhetoric.

To this day, I cannot find it anywhere or even find its name.

This ones reaching a bit but given your vague description, any chance its Galerians?

Not really vidya but there was some old card making software that had a dog help you that I believe was a labrador.

Also there was some game on school computers in 1997 that had Zoo animals that I think were trying to escape?

2d/3d? Maybe Darkstone?

It kinda is open ended. You make a few branching choices during the story, and there's like 3 endings with some different missions leading to them.

I just know someone is going to find this shamelessly easy but it's driving me crazy.

In 2000-2001 at university I discovered Playstation which I'd never seen before. A friend let me borrow it and some games like Lunar and FFIX over a break. I also started playing a game I didn't finish.

Here's what I know about it:

-JRPG
-When you kill monsters they drop 'lens'; I recall an NPC explaining that swallowing the lens made the animals turn into monsters
-At one point you're able to gather recipes…I think. (I was also playing Harvest Moon at the same time so I may have mixed them up, but I don't think so)

I'd love to be able to finish this game someday.

Thread is probably dead but I will post anyway.

I played this a few times on a demo disk I got with a magazine. I can barely remember the game itself but I do remember it had a cozy feel to it.

I played it on the Playstation 2 if that helps, but it could have been the PS1 for how awful my memory is.

Dark Cloud?

Like this guy?

This thread just reminded me of a long forgotten vidya. It was a PC game, 3D godzilla like game where you smash buildings and shit but everything is blocky. There was maybe 3 characters to choose from. I can't remember where I got it from, maybe a demo disc or some long dead obscure site.

Yup, that's it. I shouldn't have been so presumptuous to think that nobody could have already posted it.

One of the Rampage games?

Also forgot that it was around 2004-2008? when I played it.

No it was 3D and free roaming. I think it might have been made by one guy or a small group.

fuck

Glad I could help.

Give this a shot:
thegamesdb.net/platforms/

Ok this one has been bugging me for years, if any of you get it I will be fucking astounded.

It was somewhat reminiscent of Dungeon Siege (the graphics were also 3d) but I'm certain it wasn't a mod/conversion for it. That's basically all I can remember, played it 2 or 3 times when I was 11 or 12.

Actually I just realised I still have an old compilation disk with 500 games on it, some of them were actually pretty fun. I'm going to bed in a few minutes but I'll upload it tomorrow if anyone is interested.

i dont need help finding it, as the filename is the game name, but who remembers this shit?

Guess I'll give it a try

Played the shit out of this game, but never knew what it was called. Don't really remember any other games on it either.

Nigga that's Gauntlet. As in the famous one made by Midway games. The "cheat" button is adding new credits, because it was an arcade game.

The second one is Smash TV. You had a midway games compilation of some sort

I do. I used to play it on the Mac way the fuck back when. I still remember the sounds it made, like the "uh!" when you dropped into a new level.

Damn, I feel pretty stupid. Either way, you're a very beautiful man, user. Appreciate it.
I'll still call it cheating since I can use it as much as I want without paying

There was some game, I think which came on a windows 95 demo CD, in which you were some kind of spaceship or something in a constantly side-scrolling environment made of colored vector-looking graphics. It was a helicopter/flappybird type thing where you were supposed to avoid hitting the walls, and there were some basic enemies, mostly of the bouncing obstacle variety. As you'd go through the game, you'd pass through different colored levels, seamlessly. Shit got more and more difficult as you went on, and if you died, you'd just start over.

That's all I remember from watching someone play it for a bit in 2004

The only PSX/PS2 era protag in boxers game that comes to mind is Maximo.

yep thats it. thanks fam

cowboy flash game with this song in it.
I think it was an fps rail, but i'm not sure.

WAs some old PC game /DOS from late 80s early 90s.
You control either a barbarian guy or some amazon girl.
All enemies dress up like Spaniard conquistadors
One boss was a fencing old guy.
Another was a big dude (blonde?) with a large sword.
Enemies moved in large group and their corpses remainded on the floor upon death

I'm pretty sure the reason why he was in boxers was because they didn't give him clothing in captivity

#1 kinda sounds like Tobal #1 for PSX

Been trying to remember this one for a while:

really obscure game, but I wanted to hear the music again

Crusader No Remorse or Fighting Force 2?

Holy shit I've been looking for this game too.

I remember a weird game that mightve been something like a side scrolling shooter game for the PC. Im a bit fuzzy on the details but i think it had prerendered 3D models that is used as sprites. The thing i remember the most was that it had some sort of weird ass timer where a woman was in a box at the top and she would get older and older and eventually turn into a skeleton. I got it on one of those Game CDs that came with a magazine.