This was made by a single dude using UE4

This was made by a single dude using UE4.

how can other engines even compete?

Other urls found in this thread:

assetstore.unity3d.com/en/
gamesharkreviews.com/news.php?t=Lost_Soul_Aside_-_Bing_Yang_Interview
archive.is/SkTg6
store.steampowered.com/app/338040/
exhentai.org/g/972905/601478ce37/
exhentai.org/g/474059/31e1e6f337/
unrealengine.com/marketplace/first-person-horror-template
unrealengine.com/marketplace/assets?lang=&q=ai
unrealengine.com/marketplace/content-cat/assets/animations
unrealengine.com/marketplace/content-cat/assets/environments
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Correction: made by a single dude for several years before he switched to UE4

AGDG is laughing at you

then why he was given contract oportunities and money to finish it's game from many studios then?

because he got the attention from casuals

I need some citations from this.

You think one guy did all that environment modeling and texturing. Get the fuck outta here.

But do you have proof it's stock assets?

He spent 2 years working on this.

https:[email protected]/* */[email protected]/* */blsy

You think a single guy can make that high detailed character model and environment? I know peoples can be gullible but come the fuck on

Gameplay looks button mash shit and repetitive as hell, and the visuals are literally korean MMO ripoffs down to the effects

Download asset and arrange shit is hard work apparently
assetstore.unity3d.com/en/
Here, start downloading and make your crappy games already

Looks like shit, though

What logic are you trying to use here? I need to be a game dev to tell how a game is shit? He uses stock asset, stock animation, stock AI

gamesharkreviews.com/news.php?t=Lost_Soul_Aside_-_Bing_Yang_Interview

He didn't programmed shit

And yet it's still a lot more than what /agdg/ has ever churned out.

I am absolutely willing to believe that he didn't make a lot of his assets, but you need a single fact to back that up.

The logic that you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

He seems to be right.

atleast /adgd/ is making their own shit with their own hand, not stock garbage

archive.is/SkTg6

Took me 2 seconds in google. You have to be completely idiotic to actually think this guy didn't use stock assets even if you didn't see this tweet. A lot of people on /adgd/ for the most part do everything themselves from programming to 3d modeling so comparing them to this guy just points out how little you know of what goes into content creation like this.

/agdg/ everyone.

at least he has a game and looks better than agdg shit.

SHILL BTFO

I can't believe there are peoples stupid enough to think 1 guy can make all that shit

we aren't saying he made all that shit, we're saying he put it together into a product that far outstrips anything butthurt /agdg/ virgins have ever produced in quality

almost as idiotic as claiming that you should only use ASM because using an engine is cheating.

why didn't he made also his own OS because using windows is also cheating?

The amount of effort he put into his work tells me he didn't really give a shit about his own creation, which means the game will be a pile of fancy mediocrity at best.

This isn't even better than YanSim

If you consider faggots that take songs then stitch them together and pitch shift some notes composers then sure, this dude "made" the game.

You've been saying the same crap over and over. Of fucking course its obvious he's using stock assets, he still put it together himself and it's more of a game than anything /agdg/ will ever put out.

so you can't use other peoples works as leverage?

wow, he didn't coded his own tools like photoshop, what a hack.
wow, he didn't coded his own OS, what a hack.
wow, he didn't build his own PC from raw materials, what a hack.

dumbass.

So our options are "It's a completely original work, he made everything" and "He's literally just arranging premade assets."

The answer is in the middle.

And? Of fucking coarse it looks better because half of the assets are actually made by professionals and not himself.

I'd actually put more faith in /agdg/ than this guy. I've seen some cool shit in /agdg/

HOW CAN THE WHITE MEN EVEN COMPETE

You know you can just buy blueprint right? He already said he doesn't have any programming skills. If you dont know what blueprint is

HE BASICALLY BUY THE GAMEPLAY

do you realize agdg didn't made their own engines, right?

All these are to his "game" what pens are to the artwork.

And neither does a lot of famous people in the video game industry.

Lol at all these desperate shills.

We IDs here, faggots. If its so obvious, why do you need proof?

So if he's using stock asset, stock gameplay, stock environment, then what did he make?

Like who? Bethesdick's The Great Todd Howard? Cucklord Anthony Burch? Phil "Twittershoah" Fish?
If you are involved in game development, you either work the scripting department or the assets department. People who do neither are idea guys and 99% of the time they're a bunch of fucking hacks. I'm not about to give the asian jew the benefit of the doubt and assume his idea is The Next Big Thing That Will Positively Change The Video Games Industry For The Better.

If there's a story, the story.

idea guys mad that they can't even make a game using assets.

Gee, thanks for pointing that out. It's not like I didn't already know that.
You showed me proof here and i accepted it, dipshit.

I'm sorry for actually having standard.

so you think ussing assets is magically pushing a button and doing it?

why companies spend millions if they could make games using recicled assets between games?

In his case, he pretty much had everything ready. He didn't even have to code anything, just slap Blueprints on the assets and put them around the flat ass map asset.
They do. Why do you think every single Angry Bird game is pretty much the exact same? Do you think they spend millions or hell, even dozens of thousands dollar on those rehashes?
Every single series' sequel reuses assets from its predecessor, they just don't essentially rehash their games that way because it's too blatant.

you're arguing with a retard pls control yourself

so, using your logic, if companies does it already, why a single guy can't do it as well?

Do you think a person can't use assets?
Do you think a person has decades of time to make all that work?

Because a company made its own asset and reuse their own asset. The dude didn't make his own asset and didn't reuse his own asset. How is this hard to grasp?
If he uses assets he got for free, to the point where it makes up the majority of his game and the core mechanic of it, then I wouldn't call it his game.
However, if he just uses them as placeholder and actually replace it with his own assets, then I'll personally admit I was wrong and judge his game based on its merit. Right now, its only merit is an unholy amalgamation of bits and pieces he stapled together.

How do you go from game assets to fuckin OS and PC? That's not fuckin comparable, idiot. Those are tools which you use to make assets.

It's like someone is painting something and copying people and you say "WOW WHO CARES DUDE, DOES HE HAVE TO DO EVERYTHING HIMSELF. DOES HE HAVE TO GO PLUCK HAIRS AND GATHER WOOD TO MAKE BRUSHES. GIVE HIM A BREAK DUDE"

I know it isn't much, but it already looks like a better game than the latest FF.

It's not stock assets, well, at least for the most part. He bought most of the assets with money from his fucking pocket. This is the most acceptable and reasonable thing you can expect from a small/one-man team.
For a small project, having to pay artist every day is wasteful, outsourcing this kind of things makes perfect sense.
The game looks cheaply made but with pretty graphics. Might be worth trying it out, but I don't expect too much. Still miles betters than most Indie fuckers (again, it doesn't mean much).

How is this relevant? To be a gamedev, you need to create something original. He even bought the fucking gameplay since he can't code for shit. In comparison, this is an indie dev from japan using his original character and unique gameplay mechanic.

well, at least one thing is certain:

It'll be better than Final Fantasy XV

I don't know what the big deal is over buying assets. The only difference is studios own the rights while he doesn't. It's already pretty impressive that he was able to create this alone and do the jobs of several people.

A game, don't listen to anybody saying using stock assets doesn't count. Even with stock asses I've rarely ever seen anybody complete a game let alone a decent one.

Its efficient, but it's lazy. Just think if this trend took off. You'd have a bunch of games that look the same because they're using the same assets.

He bought and stitched together the fucking core of the game itself. All he had was a story. That's it. It's not even a good story, it's the same cliche JRPG bullshit regurgitated for the umpteenth time.
If he ONLY bought the rigged models and the maps, sure, I can let it slide. It'll be a game with inconsistent visual but at least it's a game that he made. But he bought everything from the ground up aside from some idea.
He didn't. He did not make the assets, he did not code, all he did was buy a bunch of shits and throw them together. How is not putting actual effort into making your own game acceptable in any way, shape or form?

Shit that no one takes seriously.

I can smell the jealousy and envy through my screen.

The idea of bought assets doesn't bother me, it's just another way of paying people for their work, but I don't see how that makes him the sole creator of that work.

And what's the fate of RPG Maker "games"? Horrid, bland, babby's first pieces of shits.
Violated Heroine, Ib and Yume Nikki are the few example of good RPG Maker games, and not a single one of them use premade asset, the creators made their own assets and sometimes even coded his own extra systems. They put effort into making their own games, and didn't go to fucking exhentai, download a bunch of art, throw it in RPG Maker and call it a day.
The only reason casual slurped this gookshit up is because UE4 makes it looks shiny and the Blueprint system basically allows him to outright buy the mechanic itself (look: the scan ability in the trailer). If it was another RPG Maker game, nobody would even raise an eyebrow.

I understand if you were putting the finishing touches on your game, and thought maybe you needed something extra, bought a tree model and put it in the background or something. But if you buy fuckin everything then what is even the point, what have you even made.

Considering the new UE, is it time for Holla Forums to stop shitting on mobile games? They're pretty amazing now, so much so that their quality exceeds most console games.

Mobile games will always be trash.

Where's Quentin

If he actually gave a shit about his game or was competent in any way he'd make the assets himself. He's just a Jew

Anita, please.

Wasn't he going tl shoot up his school?

when are you going to start coding your own OS so we can play your exclusive games on it, faggot?

post your face when AGDG opened a local salt mine here in Holla Forums

The audience for mobile games is very different, they'll never meet my demands because of the required simplicity by the main mobile audience.

Never finished.

You have no clue what RPG Maker vanilla assets look or sound like or poor spritework.
Programmed, unless it's XP or higher you can't actually code anything and have to use what the engine gives you.

Yeah fuck originality. Who needs Aryan pride or resolve?. Just grab other people's pieces and smash them together and call it your original product like a kike

aside from the same things that RPG maker suffers from,
looks too empty, combat system is neat, but I can't get behind the voice acting or the character design.
probably a walking simulator with some combat(y) bits/10
even tales of zesitira had fucking towns/10
for that matter the story doesn't even look god damn interesting/10
ping ability and hud look nice/10
but once again character design holy shit/10
sage for shit thread

What about gameplay? He bought a blueprint from the UE4 marketplace. Does that still make him a dev? what is it that he develop?

Yeah, fuck anything that ever had anything licensed or made by others on it. I sew my own fucking clothes!.

Is this the thread where we use smug animeme pictures for arguments? What is /agdg/ even doing here?

Better than going the kike route of buying your clothes then claiming you tailored them yourself.

Pretty sure the guy's gonna credit the author of each asset on the game's credits. I hope so.

My understanding is that he only bought models and payed for animations. Do you have any source on the whole "buying code"

It's like that guy making OoT "remake" videos

He was using mostly bought/stock assets and only recreating the scenario without any combat or physics or anything, how is that remaking a game, it's only the fucking visuals but there is no game, fuck that dumb shit, that is not a single man making a game
It's a single man recreating a scene using his daddy's credit card

Citation needed

That's a different story then.

This guy produced more than entire /agdg/ had and will have had produced in next 3 years.
Please /agdg/ link to some of your creations.

Jesus fucking Christ you bunch of autistic fucks. A guy makes something that looks pretty okay, by himself, without any studio control or asking for cash via Jewtreon and Kikestarter and all you do is bitch about it and try to tear it down. For a solo effort it looked quite well put together and, while seeming shallow, got my attention.

I understand and appreciate having fucking standards, but this? This shit right here? This is why no one gives a fuck about you all as a demographic. You are literally impossible to please. God himself could come down, split off from his majestic beard the most epic and well done video game in the history of the world, with no publisher, DLC or microtransaction bullshit, and you'd go '6/10, needs more/less Waifus'.

Jesus Christ, pretentious hipster faggots, the lot of you.

Look at this delusional sheep, look at him and laugh.

I don't remember anything about the guy paying for code but I did hear some rumors about him copy pasting code from public forums(Which is whatever if you ask me)

Get ready to be called a shill.

then you can go back the way you came and leave us be

Read

You think a guy that can't code for shit know how to program an AI?

A SINGLE GUY MADE THIS ENTIRE THING BY HIMSELF
What's your excuse now, Holla Forums?

What did he make exactly? the asset? the AI? gameplay mechanic?

That's my Laura.

Sounds more like a rumour, a very baseless one.

I'm having a hard time making a fucking texture for a shitty eroge game, I won't make a game any time soon.

She is mine now

I made her to share
It looks like shit though, I'm not happy with my laura

That same stupid blood splatter effect on the screen effect that all these UE games looks like such shit. It's like a the 'stock assets repack/propelled itself through greenlight on a rocket of explosive diarrhea' badge.

The point is he didn't make anything, dipshit.

He ASSEMBLED a game. Like how you buy parts and assemble a computer. He didn't make shit.

He put things together and made a demo, more than most /agdg/ will ever do.

How do you know that?
Bought assets are easy to spot, same with effects, but how can you know he didn't code the gameplay and everything else?
Honest question.
Also, do bear in mind that "assembling" a game isn't the same as assembling a computer. You don't throw around the "parts and it just werks, that's what every Unity indie dev from the last couple of years thought and that's why many of those games have severe performance issues and other shortcomings.

So, where is the line then? Do you have to make all your own assets? Make your own engine? Avoid using any combat system that has been used before? Make a whole new controller?

I find your argument extremely weak and borderline sophistry. At best it's arguing semantics. I can't fully judge the game without actually playing it myself, but it seems like something that time, effort and talent when into making, which means I'm going to default to it being something he 'made'.

Holy shit you are autistic.

No thanks nigga.

You guys have no fucking clue what Blueprints even is. It's a visual scripting system, meaning you still "program" using flowcharts.

Sure you can buy BP implementations on the asset store, but they're worthless if you don't know how to integrate game logic.

"Copy-pasting Blueprints code" is actually how you get things done most of the time, since that's what majority of UE4 tutorials are all about.

store.steampowered.com/app/338040/

I can see everything clearly now

That's pretty much what I thought. I still don't think he simply bought the gameplay BP. He probably did that part from scratch.
If this was all done with BP and it works alright (performance wise at least) I'm fucking impressed by the scripting language. The game looks meh.

Ebin meme, can I download it?

You really don't have an original thought in your empty skull, do you?

It is semantics. If you copy 80% of your game and the other 20% you actually put work into I wouldn't say you "made" a game.

Only reason I care to post here is because people are saying WHOA THIS ONE DUDE MADE A GAME, and when you look at it even if he did make it all himself it still looks like ass, so who cares anyway.

I'm not related to the guy and couldn't care less about his kiddy game. All I know is it serves as a good example of how an original Unity concept bound for Ouya can be repurposed… his programmer quit and he switched engines so he can "program" the game himself, finding more success on PS4.

I've never seen someone this salty.

I say bravo to that single dev. He made his dream game by himself and it looks okayish.

What was unique in that video?

You think a person with no programming background can do a flawless walking animation?

Nah, it's more the principle of it, and people being misinformed (mostly just plain wrong).
Any dev here could buy those same assets, and guess what, do the same shit.
It really show how much effort they're going to put into the final product, which isn't much, and should not be encouraged.

Although, if you want the "mobile gaming quality" deevolution for pc games then keep on encouraging this shit, and buy these games up.
You'll get the same generic assets used left and right… have fun with that.

See above.

Depends on the tools.
In blender, or an equivalent 3D modeling program with a pre-made animator tool then most definitely.
However, you just stated the animation, and not anything else that goes into implementing this into a game (state transitions for the state machine, logic for transitions, etc).

You're assuming he has no programming knowledge or you know it? Honest question.
Also, animations are likely outsourced, animation is hard to pull off as it is, there is nothing wrong with outsourcing it, it's a more efficient way to get the final product as you don't pay a salary for years just to get a handful of animations out of some random fuck. Getting the animation to work in the game with all that it implies does require some programming, it could be a bit hard to do, but that would take assuming that the animations work as intended all the time and he did a good job or, again, that he can't do it because you seem to know more about him than I do. Either way, you seem to be talking out of baseless assumptions, maybe backing your claims with evidence could clear this up a little bit.

full neo/v/

Holy shit /agdg/ stop being asshurt and use this as an example that if you work hard you can do shit like this.

Oh the idea guys board is laughing at the ones doing work. How normal for agdg.

It's more like a procrastinating board, rather than idea guy. I do enjoy the board, but they do procrastinate, so do I. Nothing wrong on acknowledging one's own shortcomings. No need to be a salty faggot over it.
There were several attempts at putting together a game with pre-made content, they all failed miserably, both as game and as product.

/agdg/ over half of these arguments are weak and other half are just sad is this a mix of cuckchan and salty faggots?

T H E S A L T M U S T F L O W

Salt mixed with autism

Saltisium, the internets most valuable mineral.

A board filled with egocentric cancer jerking each other over ideas they will never do and as you yourself said: it doesn't produce much. A board containing numerous types of cancer similar to yandev.
Just stay in your containment board.

You need to improve your reading comprehension, maybe look at the whole thread or at least the conversation string.

I legit feel bad for the AGDG faggots here. They are hurting with such intense jealousy.

I'm impressed that thread descended into a butthurt shitfest but nobody even bothered commenting on this

Like seriously, is there even competition? What engine is trying to be better than Unreal and how?

Inb4 unity
Inb4 hurr make your own engine

kys fucking cocksucker

Is crytek even doing shit anymore?

If I correctly understand how these blueprints work, it might be a very handy thing to build upon.
I've been hesitating to try and do anything gamedev-related for years mostly because producing low-level spaghetti code for AMD and nVidia cards separately isn't my idea of fun, but it seems like UE4 might alleviate at least some of my concerns.

idtech maybe?

You're full of shit. If someone takes a bunch of pre-existing assets and assembles them in a way that is compelling to me personally as someone who enjoys games, I'll have no issue with it. It sure as fuck isn't a principle of the consumer, so that only leaves the camp of failed idea guys who can't even do the same thing this guy is doing.

And you need to stop defending agdg.

Crytek wnet bankrupt dude.

Really?

What am I salty about, retard.

I'm not even googling this, can't be real

Is it possible that we have a female game journalist that doesn't suck balls?

>https:[email protected]/* *//dont-hate-the-game-engine-hate-the-game-4ce2c66bdddc#.qzz1p7o3h

Apparently yes. Damn.

You've spent the whole thread being super asshurt about this.

So you're saying this shinny turn is even MORE low effort than a Five Nights Ar Freddy's sequel?

Let's be honest here for a second guys, like some of you I am also struggling to find time to do a shit pixel animation, which will look terrible in the end anyway. I am impressed by how the trailer looks, and the guy did put effort into it even if he bought stock assets. If I would compare yandere dev's animations and models, or undertale's spriting to this, I'd prefer this.

But what I want to say is that we cannot completely judge the game until it's actually released or there's some demo. I think right now it looks bland, sure it has very impressive 3D models and animations, but the level design looks a bit boring. It does looks like a bunch of assets joined together.

What I do not want is for everyone to have the same expectations from every indie developer. I want to make my own "OC do not steal" characters, I want to imagine my own assets and enemies, and I want everything to be consistent. It would suck if I had to abandon originality because people want something shiny. But if that's what people want, in the end there's nothing we can do about it. But I can't in either case hate the guy for making a polished trailer out of this. Objectively it does not look bad at all, but it lacks originality.

Fuck, this was such a long post. I just wanted to say that it looks impressive but I'm sad people don't want something original instead.

You actually made a good post user

Pic related, originality and programming from scratch. The guy in the OP is clearly inferior.

Did Yandev not learn to make tiny functions for everything instead of page long big functions?

Thank god he left this board and will never return.

You don't have to abandon that, he payed to get those characters model for him (plenty of modeling studios offer that service); it is outsourcing, not grabbing the first openly sold model from some asset market (ie: Yandere dev) and shoving it into the game. Even big companies outsource some of their shit, is not a big deal. What's left to see is whether the game runs well or not and if all the flashy combat actually works consistently or if it's utter crap.

This, I mean come the fuck on, even a fucking basic switch and a state check isn't exactly advanced computer engineering.

I really do hope you're not trying to defend s shinny turd by bringing up a mediocre coder that also uses downloaded assets and modeling not done himself

He did pay for them, but I think he bought premade assets, not custom assets. Paying for so many custom assets would cost quite a ton of money. Imagine just for that main 3d character, how much it would cost to build from scratch just for one person. He probably bought premade assets like yandev did. This is of course just assumptions.

I think there's a very difference between asking an artist to make you something based on your design, or to browse through already made art and pick what you like. But in the end it doesn't matter, the trailer looks professional, and I do not actually remember seeing those assets in many games myself.

No, you make the kind of game you want to make. Just don't expect to be the next big thing. Moreover, if I ever decide to make anything I wouldn't be expecting it to sell. Or be praised, even. Good games of olden times weren't good because they were hoping to get X money in Y time - devs were making what they wanted, what they believed would be fun, cool, challenging and so on.

I read the characters were designed by him and he payed to have it modeled for him, not a pre-made. Trees, rocks and some other shit are probably pre-made assets.
Having a character model done is not THAT expensive, depending on where you ask for quotation, of course. He is from Hong Kong, there is a shit load of cheap places to get that shit, same for the animations. If chink kong land fails to deliver, you can always turn to the Koreans for that.

Recommend me some UE4 porn games lads

My point is that using shit that already works is a perfectly fine practice because you are given at least a certain level of guarantee that it won't be a choppy piece of shit. If you can make something good with little effort then it doesn't really matter if it is good.

Calls require more CPU time than branching. Don't know how optimisation affects things nowadays, though.
Also the first screencap is weaker, even though there are some things obviously in need of improvement.

I know it's less efficient, but there are other ways to make your code more efficient. First thing you need to do is to make everything very flexible and readable. And how do you do that? Many functions that you can reuse. And if you change some big part of gameplay later on you don't have to ditch a huge function too, it also saves time.

If that's true then I do have respect for the art. If it's not just some random crap that's stuck together. Where did you read this though?

I don't know if it's that cheap, you see a lot of 3D modelers asking for 20 to 25 dollars + an hour. Of course we aren't talking about pajeet models here. If it would actually be this cheap then why don't we see more professional 3D models in indie games?

I meant in terms of graphics, that people will want something that looks great. So you need to compromise in how much shit you can do in the game and dumb it down just so it looks better. I could do that, but it just doesn't feel right to me.

Wew, consumers such as yourself are why the majority of games are unoriginal generic garbage.
Have fun with cod:37 "BCS we know you'll buy it"

He didn't write his own code he used unreal blueprints.

Unreal blueprint is a visual coding system, that doesn't mean he didn't have to write all the game logic.

And honestly, I think blueprints and other shit like this is harder than coding. I don't get how and why people choose visual tools like these. It's so much easier to simple write out the code, and it makes more sense in complicated games.

The hardest part is knowing where to begin on the journey of game development. I want to create but have no idea where to start learning code. Unity is looking like my way to get a foot in the door.

Supreme. Stay assmad.

The hardest part is not knowing where to begin, it's beginning to do anything. To learn something new and totally unfamiliar. You can start learning anywhere.

I suggest simply learning what coding is about by going to codecademy and completing the javascript and python courses. This will take you a few days or a week. Then simply get an engine, if 2D game maker, if 3D unity. And start watching any tutorials which helped people.

Copy a simple flash game as a first project or do anything simple. Then when you want to make your dream game write a vague design doc, don't go autistic on it as many things change through time, start learning how to draw and just DO IT.

Jumping straight into Unity or (especially) UE is just going to overwhelm you. Learn some programming fundamentals with something like javascript, python or lua - there are plenty of sites that let you fuck around with them in your browser without having to set something up. Once you're at least familiar with core concepts, then look into 'real' languages that you'd want to develop in.

You don't want to be learning a language and APIs/quirks of an engine and how to handle the IDE all at once.

No, first thing you do is write working, well-documented, well-tested, reasonably readable code. Then you may add bells and whistles.

Writing a shitload of small functions without real design-imposed requirements is at least a waste of time and usually creates more work for yourself in the long run.

Minecraft sure is visually impressive.
user, you need to realize something about modern day programmer's job: you either want to do things right or you want to have a good salary. If it's the latest then just forget you have conscience, inability to deal with retards, being able to get angry, average human patience, soul etc.

Damn I knew 4chan was here, but you cuckchan users didn't have to be THIS mad.

It dosen't matter he's using some licensed assets or whatever, that point is, he's going to make fucking MILLIONS. No one complains about Doom using public domain sounds, do they?

That counts as bell and whistles in my opinion. The first thing you actually should do is write something readable. From that point you can improve it and optimize how you want. But write something readable.

I don't know how you program but I like writing reusable scripts rather than very specific stuff that gets used once.

Minecraft is an exception, there are always exceptions. But yes, I agree. You either want to make money, or you want to have integrity. There's no in-between, and this sucks, but it's the reality.

I know shit about programming, so I don't know what's wrong in the picture.

Suit yourself, just make sure you're not shooting yourself in the foot. If that opinion is backed by experience - hey, sometimes things work differently for different people.
In my experience those are a must unless you're writing a small shitty utility you're going to use a few times in your life. But anything bigger than that, especially fuckhuge client-server projects for retarded corps with their own neat little set of rules, pet management and so on? Pure nightmare.

Whatever works best in context. Reusability is a great thing, but over-reliance on anything is bad. You subconsciously start to look for ways to cram your personal favourite technique into things that might not really need it.

Chained conditionals (if(…) {…} else if(…) {…} and so on ) should be replaced by switch(). Also constantly comparing strings is dumb because it takes too much CPU power. Enums should be used instead and, coincidentally, switch can't work with string variables but enums, being, essentially, integers, are fine.

ITT assblasted corporate shills and salty AGDG hacks with noting to show but fractured ass. Marvelous.

He's a one-man team, you lunatic. How much probability do you think there is of a single person setting a precedent to the point where it "ruins" gaming? Fuck, even if that happened it would be a step up from the already samey and simplistic 2D art style of a good chunk of indie developers. Maybe the money from buying assets would go towards some talented artists for a change.

He is overcomplicating shit by unnecessary clusterfuck nesting and thus proving himself to be incompetent. For example if someone wants brown eyes, the program will run through by checking nine other conditions for eye color before reaching the one chosen. A much more efficient, even if slightly unprofessional, method would be to let the user type in the RGB values, which would not only be much simpler but would also let the user pick whatever the fuck they want rather than giving only ten pre-defined options. And this is just one other solution, there a million other ways to do it and Yandev picked one of the most retarded ones you can think of.

He's not from Hong Kong. He's a mainland Chinese. Makes sense, seeing how everything wither look copied or uninspired.

Besides, someone from Hong Kong wouldn't have the motivation to do what they want.

*either

It's pure undiluted "aktewelly…"

He is from mainland China? I thought they didn't have computers there, amazing.

not like you useless faggots matter at all, all that coding and shit for what? what games have you released? you've done nothing and are wasting your lives. anton & cuckpecker never came, that guy with the big assed half-robot girls keeps posting webms but he hasn't finished shit either and never will. Meanwhile this gook already has a contract with console makers to release his game.

so fucking what? do you look at each individual blade of grass in an open world game? no, no you don't, and regardless of that, the gameplay is looking pretty fucking "better than anything /agaydg/ could come up with in their collective lifetimes"-good.

eat a dick /agdg/, you are all potential fish fillet wannabes waiting to explode. just like fish fillet you're waiting to have that one-hit wonder so you can be pieces of shit about it and just like fish fillet you have no real talent.

yeah, you keep making those assets you autistic saltlords, maybe a jewish corporate master will buy them for a bag of nickels in the year 2030. Meanwhile a gook (also hired by corporate jewlord) will be your boss, because he knows how to put ideas together to make a product, and you don't.

Sauce user, i beg thee.

I

i really dont remember, but the girls name is Jam.

I

Reading your post I think of cuckchan's AGDG, not this place. The devs here haven't given up yet.

I honestly don't get why you folks are suddenly triggered by agdg. It's not represented by one poster. Most are aware how unproductive they are I'm no exception but they still try to make an honest thing in the end and there have been several devs that put something out there.
Isn't that what the industry needs and what you should encourage?

well, I found something. exhentai.org/g/972905/601478ce37/

Thanks

thats not the porn though

Yeah, yeah, so the guy used stock assets or purchased assets. So what? You can think of a commercialized game engine as an amalgamation of "stock assets" in and of itself, unless you take elements from that engine and heavily modify them so that your game has its own unique personal touch to physics or lighting or processing or whatever. For one person, it would simply take way too much fucking time to
-Put all these elements together and form your finished product in a timely manner
It's just not realistic, unless the scope of your game is quite small and you're already an exceptionally talented individual in every discipline that would be required (in visual arts, in sound engineering, in musical composition, in programming and logic/computer engineering, and in literary analysis/writing). Even then, it would still take quite a long time for such a talented individual to put all of these things together by himself. It's pretty much impossible for someone to create something as sophisticated as a modern video game without any external resources.

I'm not saying his game will be good, or that he deserves some fucking award for buying assets and putting them all together, however it's not a fucking cake walk, either. You do have to understand how these elements fit together, which will require at least a basic understanding of whatever scripting language the engine requires that you use, and the efficiency to put all of the systems in place and test and test and test to ensure that they work in tandem with one another and without any glaring issues. It's fucking work.

Basically, if you don't think it's work, you're basically scoffing at the idea of a man digging a 3 feet deep and 500 foot long trench with a shovel instead of his bare fucking hands.

The Cave Story guy pulled all that off on his own

I got it now, exhentai.org/g/474059/31e1e6f337/
I wouldn't be spoon feeding if I didn't want the source too.

His scope was much smaller, which is the big difference.
A single guy, or even a small team, generally can't make something that's comparable to a AAA game and fulfills all of those points, or just most of them. Sure it's possible, but few people try and even fewer finish it.

Games with the scope of an SNES game usually range 1-3 years to make for a small team. That's already a gargantuan task.

Tell that to the guy what's making We Shall Wake, yes games cost a fuckton of money, but that doesn't excuse the heavy re-usage, nor does it excuse the guy getting so much advertising for basically doing nothing. In a sense the marketing ploy for this game is "What if Final Fantasy XV wasn't made by hacks who think One Button = Awesome is good game design". However that's all it has going for it. Hell I think I saw a few animations from DMC4. How can you excuse that for "it's just a one man job", especially when the bastard is now being contacted by sony of all companies. I'm sorry but this game pales in comparison to We Shall Wake and Tetrachrome, since there's actual playable proof of concept for those games. As opposed to this game which belittles all of the action game developers who make ORIGINAL games rather than "What if Final Fantasy XV wasn't complete shit".

We don't know the scope of this game, nor do we know anything about it. At least We Shall Wake and Tetrachrome were shown in a pre-pre-pre alpha state yet were showing the progress of how the game was shaping up. Although the We Shall Wake guys are making a different game due to financial problems.

3D generally means the scope is bigger, at least visually, as 2D is better suited towards smaller games. But you're right.

I played the living shit out of that game and non of the animations look like that. You can't steal assets and then try to sell a game, the few companies that tried to do that ended up getting their shit pushed in hard and they were stealing more irrelevant stuff than the animations that are being played in front of your face all the time.
The game is a thing of it's own, it looks bland in terms of world building, but so do most indie games, even the somewhat good ones. I do conceide that we haven't seen the game running outside of trailer footage. I don't think the game will be good, but turning it down because it has purchased assets is fucking retarded and hypocritical, even AAA studios outsource parts of development, specially animations and middle-ware stuff like tree generators and physics; What he is doing is not that different unless you can prove all the assets were pre-made shit, something no one has been able to show evidence of.
The whole situation is kind of shitty because of the reactions and the "wows" this thing is getting just because it looks flashy. The map design looks bland, it might have 3 or 3 enemies to fight and only one weapon/combat style, but turning it down from the get go based on what we have seen so far is just as stupid as thinking this is the third coming of jesus just because it was made by one guy.

I dunno meng, the whole trailer feels like another No Man's Sky. Now I get re-using SOME assets, nothing's 100% original. However the majority of the trailer IS fishy as fuck. I think it's the developer gettings massive amounts of attention when people work their asses off on using their own engines and their own animations, just to be left in the dirt because the Chink has more AA.

You can crank out 2D assets faster if you're working alone, but 3D has a lot more steps involved for one finished thing. Modeling, texturing, rigging, animating. The more content and people you have working the more cost effective it becomes than 2D though.
Am I wrong?

no you're not. I just wanted to post smug

do you feel accomplished now?

Oh, ok.

Only a handful of people are skilled enough to make a good engine from scratch for a 3D game like this. It is their fault for being too retarded to know what's the limit of their capabilities.
Also, putting a coder to animate or model is almost as retarded as putting an animator to code. The chink invested some money to come up with a better product, people made baseless claims about him "buying the code too", but unless they have any evidence at all of such a thing happening, they are just spewing bullshit. This is just a coder that knows how to be more time efficient. I don't get what's NMS about this other than not being able to know how much depth there is to the flashy combat; regardless, that's not the complain we're seeing on this thread, people are only bitching about him buying assets, that's a retarded complain.

I've never heard of this game before you mentioned it. I've taken the liberty to search around for some information. I've see the demo footage of this game, and it showcases the combat mechanics. Sounds like a cool concept, but you're wrong if you believe that it's being made by one person alone. There is a team of individuals who are working on this project. I don't know exactly how many because that information isn't readily and straightforwardly available, however it is clear that there are at least four people, if not more working on this title. Additionally, this game has been in development for at least three years, and there's no definitive release date in sight. That alone should indicate to you that making a video game with personalized assets is quite a daunting task, even for a small group of people. It's simply common sense that work must be spread among several talented people who specialize in various disciplines if these devs ever hope to release the end product in a reasonable time frame. Futhermore, it seems as though this game is being developed by using an existing game engine (Unity). So, to recap
In comparison, the guy making Lost Soul Aside did all of the work by himself, and we do not know to what extent he has outsourced assets. Unless there is some hard evidence that the guy paid cash to build a game using nothing but assets made by other people, then I am inclined to believe that he just worked his ass off to make this game happen.

It's pretty funny and sad how OP made 50% of the posts here. He probably doesn't even realize how shitty his trolling is.

[citation needed]

What fucking shit analogy, user. Better one would be an artist given a paintbrush but instead of using it to paint, he just paid other peoples to paint his background and do the shading and calling it as his own work. Gamedev stand for game DEVELOPER, what did he develop, what did he create?

Buying assets=!Paying to get everything done
That's what the other user was pointing out. We all know there are purchased assets there, but that doesn't mean there is no merit on everything else.

All of the NaCl ITT from the /agdg/ babies could feed a large family for decades.

There is no merit because your game are limited by what is available in the marketplace. He doesn't have any background in programming (he works as a 3D artist in korea) chances are, he have no clue how to program enemy AI.

Not taking any sides, but in UE4 you can literally buy blueprints, or in other words, pay for good to go algorithms, check this out:

unrealengine.com/marketplace/first-person-horror-template

Same goes to AI:
unrealengine.com/marketplace/assets?lang=&q=ai
and animations:
unrealengine.com/marketplace/content-cat/assets/animations

The only effort that remains are overall game design, level design and directing cutscenes, the last two are relatively easy, but laborious.

You can buy those too
unrealengine.com/marketplace/content-cat/assets/environments

It's not nearly as simple as mashing shit together and you're done. Look into it yourself instead of assuming shit.

False. He could pay artist to make assets for him, as far as I know the characters are "OC".

Are you stupid or something?

but he didn't

But he did, mainly the characters.

You are assuming shit, blind nigger, I never said he was mashing shit together, I just want to clarify that even code is merchandise in Unreal so we can't be sure what is "OC" and what is isn't except for these three I pointed out.

And as said, even those can be bought, so not even that

I believe what he meant is that not even the map is an obligatory responsibility of the devs, that can be bought too.

You are triggered as fuck, calm the fuck down.

This asshurt is strong

what about the gameplay? the AI? you know, the most important part in any game?

Even if you buy it, you need to tailor it to the game. Unless he bought the whole combat system with all the animations already prepared to work, with correctly set logic for transitions and all the other shit you need to have a working product (highly unlikely), the gameplay has at least a big chunk of work of his own. Same with the AI, it won't be drop-in working unless you use some complete package that just happens to work well with the enemies he included into the game. I went through the shop and found nothing similar to what he has shown in the video.

He implied that maps are all there is to level design, which is awfully wrong.

Not an argument.

Why are people so salty about 8/agdg/ again? The threads are fairly active and there's several enginedevs alongside anons using the usual freetard or proprietary engines, with almost no ideafags to speak of.

UE4 has shown that mobile is the future.

Go look at the trailers or gameplay of UE4 mobile games.

It's over. All the consoles and PCs are finished.

And not just UE4 but look at already existing mobile games like Final Fantasy Mobius. Look at it.

And not just mobile games like Final Fantasy Mobius, but look how many mobiles there are relative to PCs and consoles.

And not just the number of mobiles there are relative to PCs and consoles, look how much money they make and the market share they hold.

And not just how much money they make, look at how many downloads they get.

And not just how many downloads they get, look at something something praise Moloch.

The replies to this thread and all the people calling this fucking fag on his bullshit is 100% undeniable proof the 4chan refugees have arrived.

It's either UE4 or Unity 5. Your call, boys.

Alright alright, I understand that we got a bit salty about it. You can't stop it, we're also developers and we get a bit sad when we can't compete with this. But what's with all the hate for agdg? Did most of the devs from agdg do something to you (the poster that keeps complaining about agdg)?

Do you know how much time it takes to make a game alone?

Well, he lives in Seoul now.

making video games in general should be encouraged, yes.

I think that you shouldn't make games for the sake of it, but make them when you can bring something new to the table. It's so funny how there were incredible platformers years ago and now they are all shit.

oh come on. the lack of people making games for the sake of making games are what you get when everythings been taken over by big corporations.
what do you mean by bringing something new to the table though? what are some examples compared to other games?

I don't hate on big corporations making games, I just don't buy their games honestly. Most of my favourite games are not indie games, most indie devs take inspiration from AAA games and movies. Like everything out there, 99% of everything is shit. If somehow in the future every single corporation makes shit games with greedy shit in it I'll only play indie games.

By bringing something new I mean inventing a few features or innovating upon some old ones. I honestly can't think of any examples, so maybe I am indeed wrong on this. I just think that you should put effort into giving players a fresh experience. Wouldn't you want to play a GTA game where you are the cop and you'd have all sorts of equipment to bust gangs of drug dealers for example?

fuck yes, vigilante missions were the best minigame

Better than Trinity.

FTFY

Wew. This is why people are making fun of agdg

Lord this is beyond salt.

Wew. This is why peoples are making fun of 4cucks

This looks genuinely interesting.

Is there a schedule for demo / release ?

This place is well on it's way to become a clone of 4/v/. Absolute cancer.

wow this girl is fake as fuck
bonerkill

How is it different right now?
Its just 10yo kids shitposting with 10year old memes and finding out who is more butthurt.

I'd like to run a steel beam through the back of her head and out of her cleavage

She's cosplaying an anime character I can't remember the name of. Google something like anime love juice or something, you can probably find the name

I found it!

Nigger, this has been happening on every UE since you were not allowed vidya. A showcase is a showcase. This is just portfolio work.

oh… is that not her rubbing her cooter in those vids?

I'm not seeing it

No, but that is her fucking those two black men in the back of an alleyway in those vids

Even though it's bait it got me good so I guess you can have another (You).

whatcha came to this thread to do, pally?

Unreal Engine 4, obviously.

Kill figures.

There was at least some difference months ago but then again rugga-tier shitposting is board culture now.

She is a shitty cosplayer, only baiting for patreon with some display and usually ugly.

I think this is the only photo where she looks fuckable.

That's the worst genre of game. Flailing bisexual male who swings a sword in a feminine way performing an endless set of epilepsy inducing overly flamboyant moves. You know, the kind of game that is clearable using only the basic attacks, but no life losers will learn all these extreme combos that are in the end pointless because they're just executing their muscle memory on a glorified training dummy. Worst kind of game. People who play them are worst kind of gamers.

I'd like to see what Trainwiz has to say about this discussion; being someone who does mods, re-purposes game engines to create new games and makes his own games as well.

It's undeniable that there are some rich assholes with no talent who want to be known as 'indie game developers' recently because 'digital interactive art form' is hip. That's the only reason why there's so much anger over this or why a thread about some generic looking RPG has 200+ posts.

gay as fuck weebshit but still kinda impressive, IP needs to die allahu snackbar

(you)

shut up nerd
forgot to sage

Let the summoning begin.

It seems you have concocted this strange worldview where only novel ideas can create something. Make a game without a planet, trees, or anything I would recognize or you're a failure. Let me know when it launches, nigger.

get out Holla Forums

Holla Forums doesn't play games

Nice, a new game to keep my eye on until it releases. Thanks OP.

Did he even make a full game?

go back to your hugbox faggot

by having the exact same capabilities? was that a trick question?

As long as the games are good, I don't mind mobile ports so long as neither the home platform version or the mobile version is compromised. Just means I can play the games on my nvidia shield.

Outsourcing work that you can't adequately do yourself is a common practice with gamedevs, indies included. What sense is there in lessening the quality of your work for an arbitrary reason such as "you have to make it yourself" when you could collaborate with peers in your industry to a much greater effect?

Make no mistake; I'm not defending the faggot OP, who insinuates that a single man was capable of making a full 3d game on his own. I'm saying, there's absolutely nothing wrong with getting outside help.

Unoriginality =/= Mediocrity. This is the earliest lesson that a game developer should learn if they want to get anywhere with their work. The only thing that matters at the end of the day is the execution of your ideas, be they original or not – said plainly, if the end product is shit, either nobody's going to buy it, or you're going to ruin your reputation as a developer, which is practically a death sentence.

i want to sit on her tits and shit through the gap between them
holy fucking shit post directions to where i can find more of this beauty

Shes fat user, not just chubby either. Camera poses are deceiving.

i have to see it for myself user

shes married to this guy.

Couldn't help myself

Why is everyone named justin without exception a faggot or a cuck?

Those 2 niggers have the last name Upton as well, I'm guessing thats why they posed for that photo.

Thats her on the right

Well, see you guys on the next plane of existence
Fucking 3D and their deception tricks

Eh on a Tuesday with some beer I'd smash

say Holla Forums

this stuff about the guy having used stock assets got me thinking

if lost soul aside takes off, other game companies are gonna notice

they're also gonna notice that he used tons of stock assets

that means that almost all new triple A games that aren't obliged to have a specific art style are going to use stock assets if possible

i lived to see david bowie die and to see liru get ever evered
is tehre any reason to live left?

Does Call of Duty ring a bell to you? This is already common practice. Especially with sequels which reutilize tons of assets and gameplay mechanics from previous games with small tweaks. But we also didn't revert back to low poly graphics just because Minecraft was extremely successful.

If any major changes occur as a result of this project somehow, at least it will shake-up the current trends and introduce something new in the indie scene, even if for a little while. But in your heads, you guys have already jumped that part and went straight to everything being a hell of complete genericness and mediocrity, when things currently aren't that much better anyway.

Bullshit.

old comics are great

The gooks simply have better work ethics than AGDG.

Seems like a pretty autistic excuse to have Kate Upton imply she's into niggers. These media jews will think of anything to defile White women.

This isn't just a caper, carbon copy paper!
Now make my fucking kobold guerilla trainer base defender game.

The VVVVV dev tried to do something new with an existing genre and formula.

Anyway, I think you're all retarded for bringing /agdg/ into this in the first place.

A single dude using other people's work
so not a single dude at all

What the fuck was that last one? Did his face literally split open? How is that even possible from just a fall?

They have much lower system requirements and can be significantly more optimized

tell me a single game that isn't risk of rain that came out of AGDG that is successful

It was a pretty high fall right into an edge and yes, rocks are sturdy (and the ones there were probably also sharp) enough that even our skull has no effect on them. it split his face open

Bump

Check em

Fug

Risk of rain.

Oh fuck!

Even with my basic bitch high school programming class-tier knowledge I can see everything wrong with his code. especially in that second pic.

it's okay when indies do it

Thats actually what I meant.

They are also in a one way open relationship so she can fuck who ever she wants, and she probably fucked those disgusting niggers.

Wew, I sure hope not. Never thought the game industry could get more greedy.

Cyberpunk 2077. I know how you feel though.

And we are at bump limit. Good night thread.