I

I

DEMAND

That someone summarize the incredibly convoluted plot of the MGS series to me.

I am about to marathon the entire series in order of chronological release. This includes all novels, cell phone games, and Wii games. I will 100% each and every game to the highest point possible and for the books that includes reading the Preface.

It will be made easier if I knew what the fuck was going on.

Memes > Genes

Nanomachines, son.

How old are you?

MGS is shit lmao
kojima fanboys are cucks

It is a critically acclaimed series and I'm about to find out why even if I have to spend a month of my life doing it.

I already did it for Megaman earlier this year. I regret it

And you need us to tell you what it's about before you do so? Are you some kind of retard?

Just play it ya dingus.

I fu ked your mum lol 😅😅😅😅

gay cold war
first there's a snake with no clothes
some stuff about giant tanks blowing up the world
snake gets hard
series goes downhill

MGS1
Bad guys want main bad guys dads body, but good guy doesnt want dads body given. Good and bad guy are brothers, except bad guy threw his toys out the pram and would nuke US for dads body. good guy stops it.

MGS2
Good guy from 1 dies in a ship, bad guy from 1 comes back in form of an arm on another bad guys body. Cut to new good guy who goes through to suffer an exsitential crisis because it all ends up fake. Good guy from 1 isnt dead after all, helps good guy 2 and beat overall bad guy in the end before fucking off their own ways. bad guy also ends up being another brother, but thats pretty forced.

MGS3.
This is the story of the good guy/bad guys dad becoming the legend he is. He has mother issues on the was-good-guy-turned-bad Boss, goes on to beat up some slavs in the jungle before killing Boss and being a bitch about it.

MGS4
Whole lotta shit that's difficult to even half ass like this. Good guy from 1 turns into an old fuck but still does good. bad guy from 2 (other bad guy than bro bad guy) is head bad guy, they do a around-the-world chase with other good and bad guys from the series coming back through other ways and shit. Ends up with bad guy of 2 and good guy of 1 beating the shit out of one another before only good guy is left. he fucks off to a graveyard where dad is alive, despite what is assumed, they have a talk, overall main bad guy of series comes out and dies before dad dies. good guy fucks off to some and eventually become a stick in Metal Gear Rising in JP only.

Why'd you post best Mega Man girl if you wanted a Metal Gear thread?

The first two games really aren't that convoluted, and the only time the series ever had a decent story, everything after that is LOL TIME SPANNING GLOBAL CONSPIRACY AND NANOMACHINES LOL

Aile is love.
Aile is life.

critically acclaimed by fanboys

not posting the yuri picture

A woman dies for her country. A bunch of people take her ethos and misinterperate it.

THIS THREAD IS FUCKING SHIT

MAKE IT AGAIN BUT THIS TIME MAKE IT GOOD.

OP, what the FUCK are you doing nigger?
Why isn't this thread being sagebombed to death? Fuck you, son.

or you could just post more aile smut

The plot isn't all that convoluted, basically there's two or three groups trying to control war economies from behind the scenes and an ongoing philosophical argument over how devoted soldiers should be to their countries and how much countries should expect of them. Both ramp up in presence from 1-4 and then are basically just absent entirely in 5 because 5 has almost no plot at all.

you gay user?

Funny, so is Borderlands and Bioshock.

Pick one.

Also see
Here's the games he didn't do
MGSPO
Some guy makes his own army and metal gear claiming he's the true successor to the Boss. Big Boss kills him and and does makes and army of his own

MGSPW
Big Boss makes his army and foils a plan by the CIA to make an AI that has the boss' mind and create WWIII. The epilogue perfectly sets up for the events of MG1

MGSGZ
Big Boss has to rescue Chico for being a bitch and then Paz. But then Huey lets some bad guys crash Big Boss's army with a few survivors and then Paz renacts the Dark Knight Intro scene in a chopper with a bomb in her vag.

MGSV
Big Boss isn't actually Big Boss, Miller is reduced to an angry cripple Huey fucking kills his wife, Skull face does nothing and dies, Ocelot does nothing but talk on a radio, and not Big Boss doesn't go nuclear once. Possibly made to spite everyone involved in the series.
But hey you listen to Kids in America while shooting African soldiers.

No nigger I'm having my cake and eating it too, yuri is shit.

SHIT

I know that one, it's kind of meh.

Nah

kawaii

Nigga really? It is really simple
That's for the original, now for X
Only after X6 the story gets kinda complicated, and it's only because of an story fork, it overall stays the same with an heroic robot saving the day

I want to fuck that robot.

MGS is overrated

do you want to beep her in the boop?

B-but user she's a cyborg.

Aile butt is best butt.

It's a boy fam.

He's not joking, though.

The whole of the series is that your genetics aren't what shape you, but your actions and the actions of others. What you put out into the world (such as through the Internet) and what you consume in return is vastly more important.

It's easy enough to defy your genes. Defying your culture is a LOT harder.

Stories that are tied by rigid plot like MGS are absolute trash. Mise en scene is a lot more aesthetically important than plot. You don't need to care about such stories. Look at Dostoevsky, even with a simplistic plot his books are extremely interesting, the experience is unaffected by stupid spoilers unlike your chinese animeems.

Lesbo or not, they ain't interested in you either way you ugly out of shape basement dweller.

Nothing new under the sun, everything on earth is vanity, it's easy to deny everything if you really want to.

is that so?

A protege solider misunderstands his mentor's dying wish for world peace in THE WORST POSSIBLE WAY and then the entire planet suffers for it for the next 3 or 4 generations.
Then 80 some odd years later a cyborg ninja and a US Senator have the sickest fight ever in Afganistan!
Presumably after this Sunny and Bladewolf go to space.

war is bad but we will always need soldiers

I actually own this one. And it's actually weird: how the hell did that end up in a dinky used book shop in Brazil? Did someone really bother importing a long-forgotten vidya-based novel from two decades before? Or was it imported back in the day and got forgotten in some warehouse? It was in decent shape so I doubt it belong to a kid, but it also didn't look completely new… I probably will never know.

They fucking censored the cover art.

Genes decide what your body is like. Culture decides what your thoughts are like.

Then how come Nietzsche is the most famous modern philosopher?

Okay, starting chronologically, it kinda makes more sense.

So, we start back in WW2. For one, there is The Boss, who is basically rule 63 Captain America minus the super-serum; leads a band of superpowered freaks (and a guy with a flamethrower) called the Cobra Unit on the side of the Allies to win WW2, getting pregnant and giving birth on the shares of goddamn Normandy on the way because she's kind of batshit insane. And she works for, and her her kid taken away by, a shadowy Illuminati wannabe group called The Philosophers, who train super-soldiers and spies to better shape important events.

But when the Cold War picks up almost immediately after WW2, the Cobras and the Philosophers are broken up, returning to their various countries of origin to deal with shit while, and the Philosophers hide a fuckton of money in various places. The Boss trains a protege, a guy who goes by Snake, to be a super-soldier-spy in her mould, and also gets involved in some ill-fated shenanigans involving space missions and nukes that fuck her body up. Everything is basically backgrounded by the petty dick-waving between the US and the USSR that would characterise the Cold War, and the human pawns used by both sides.

So in the 60s when a prominent Soviet rocket scientist wants to defect to the US, Snake is sent in on a super-secret mission to pick him up, in a jungly place somewhere around Kazakhstan. This mission proceeds to go horribly wrong in ways not thought possible as The Boss apparently defects to the Soviet Union, specifically teaming up with a batshit insane Russian colonel who has electricity powers for no adequately explained reason, as well as being built like a tank. (though The Boss can still throw him around, 'cause super martial wrestling) And she brings a nuclear bomb bazooka as a present, and it turns out the colonel is building a weird-ass rocket-tank called the Shagohod that can use an airport runway to launch a nuclear missile; in the time before ICBMs, this utterly changes the dynamic of the Cold War enough that it would easily cause a nuclear holocaust. And he uses said nuclear bazooka to blow up a factory basically just because he can, which causes the White House and Kremlin to both shit their pants.

So they drag Snake's sorry irradiated ass back to the hospital for a week and the CIA tells everyone involved 'FIX ALL THIS SHIT' and they launch Snake back into the jungle to get rid of the Cobras, the Boss, the Shagohod and anything else embarrassing. He manages to do so. And turns out in the process he was being played by numerous double agents, including the Boss herself; her defection was a ruse to steal the Colonel's treasure, which is the utter fuckton of money left over by the Philosophers; the other double agents also want all that money. (one of which is Ocelot, who becomes important later, and highly implied to be the Boss's son, though neither of them are sure) Also basically everyone involved wants to fuck Snake and/or The Boss. This is also important later. The Chinese try to steal the Legacy by having their honey trap fuck Snake, but it turns out she had a fake and Ocelot nicked the real one, also The Boss follows through on her mission to be killed by Snake and maintains her cover to the end even though it means she's remembered as a war criminal. The American military and intelligence thinks this shit is so hype they give Snake the codename 'Big Boss', while Snake learns of the big mess after everyone had been playing him like a goddamn fiddle.

At this point, Snake is all 'WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING MOTHERFUCKERS' and decides to quit working directly for ungrateful, manipulative national intelligence agencies and starts his own mercenary company. After a false start or two with a game that doesn't really matter, in the 70s he ends up hired by totally not a KGB agent to investigate some weird shit the CIA and their mercenaries are up to in the pacifist nation of Costa Rica…

…this isn't that much of a summary, but it's a complicated story.

STOP RIGHT THERE NIGGER

PLAY IN RELEASE ORDER

In Metal Gear Solid 2 Ocelot throws the entire story out the window. Also, for some fucking reason Ocelot glued liquids arm on and now his arm mind controls him. It also changes his voice actor to the one for liquid, this confuses snake so much that his head literally explodes.

Now that Snake is dead forever. You have to play as gay raiden, a big stupid crybaby losers who doesn't even smoke. This time you have to infilitrate a remote military compound called Metal Moses, which was captured by a group of genetically enhanced genome super-soilders.

Raiden fights a magic vampire wizard then the wizards head pops off to reveal that he was actually solid snikes brother solidus snake, a super-cell-nano-con-mega-soilder cloned from the same nanomachines that created Solid Gear. Also he is is the president of the united states. "Brother, I am the KING OF THE PIRATES". Turns out Gas Snake is the leader of a deadcell nano-centro-processor duonamic simbafu group called The Sons of the Guns of the Patroits. tm

You see it turns out that everything so far was completely staged and fake. Liquid Snake was never the true ring leader at all, but was answering to Solidus Snake the entire time who was the biggest bad guy of them all. But then he gets double crossed by Ocelot who is actually Liquid who was actually a quadruple agent the whole time. and the biggest most evil bad guy of them all.

But Smetal Snake saw it coming all along and reveals that he is actually a proxy ai created by the patriots 1000 years ago, but Solidus reveals that Rayden has information that is being carried by the nanomachines in raydens cerebral cortex. You see shitty rayden is actualy a robot this whole time, working for le-lu-li-lo-la-la-low and the patriots but he didnt even know it because of the matrix.

So Rayden chops of doctor octopus's head off and becomes the president of the united states, but Solid snake was alive all along and goes back in time to the 1960s so he can blow up Metal Gear Solid before it was even created.

Unfortnuately he was too late, Ocelot also went back in time and shot metal gear ron into the the future with his future gun.
so metal gear snake has to shoot back into the future but now its so many years future hes old as shit, even though hes died from old age he has to defeat a group of renegade genome super-soilders known as the Sons of Foxhound. Liquid Ocelot who is now being mind controlled by 30 different double-agents through his left leg, turns off all the guns in the world so that nobody can ever shoot anybody ever again, in turn saving the entire world. So snake beats him to death.

the end

*guest starring big boss*

Big Boss : very convincing, but all completely wrong, you see snake turns out everything that ever happened was fake and staged by the super-patriots, the patriots were just a pawn and a reverse-triple agent working for solidus snake, but when he found out they were working for him he double crossed his own self in order to make himself work for them to trick them into being a triple reverse agent for his own self. hewas also a rogue proxy ai and a nanomachine you see snake shadow moses wasn't a remote nuclear warhead facility at all, it was actually a humongous on switch for the biggest metal gear in the world, metal gear herman. A metal gear so powerful that is so powerful that everything in the entire universe is not even existing anymore. You see snake Liquid Ocelot was actually my mother.
It all started when i was in office as the president of the c united states i discovered remnants of an ancient-nanograde-genome-supercon-simbafudrive–metal-gear which was a quintrople agent working for every country in the universe - on the moon.
he was also a rogue-ai and the leader of the super patriots.

…so, the next part. Big Boss and his buddy Kaz start up Militares Sans Frontieres, or MSF, as basically the modern world's first full-blown private military contractor, with the idea that they can work for who they want and be soldiers without the pretext of politics, which is a bad idea for a multitude of reasons but Snake and Kaz are good enough at it that it goes pretty well to start with. It turns out Snake's old boss from the CIA, who apparently has the name Hot Coldman that goes entirely without comment, was reassigned after the debacle to Latin America, where the CIA is up to various historical and ahistorical shenanigans trying to fuck up anything that looks like communism and replacing it with military dictatorships instead, usually backfiring in typical CIA manner. So the actual plan they have of using giant autonomous robots with a simulacrum of the Boss's mind as a doomsday device that automatically launches a nuke if the Soviets do (because the Coldman is utterly convinced that humans will never push the button. Spoilers; he's probably wrong)

Even the scientists involved in this think he's batshit insane; Huey the doormat dork with legs that don't work and a fancy electric wheelchair who vapes ends up sick of being bullied by Coldman and joins Big Boss to help him take out the ridiculous robotic war machines that he built as prototypes, while Strangelove the mostly lesbian British scientist is somewhat friendly towards Big Boss, even when she tortures him trying to figure out what happened to The Boss, her ex-girlfriend. She's the one who made the AI based on the Boss's mind through her actions and words, for the record. Also there's a ton of 2001 A Space Odyssey and Dr Strangelove references.

So Snake manages to destroy the Peace Walker, a rather ironically named nuclear-equipped giant robot, before it can nuke Cuba or the MSF offshore base, or at least damage it to the point where The Boss's simulated mind breaks its containment and decides to commit suicide rather than launch a nuke, singing all the way. Big Boss decides that he'd never do that, and this means he doesn't have anything in common with The Boss anymore and embraces the name that he got for killing her. Also, Kaz has been embezzling the whole time and wants to start a burger joint, Big Boss isn't really worried.

Also it turns out that Paz the pretty Costa Rican schoolgirl that the KGB agent had used basically as a pretty face to get MSF to agree with the mission is actually a yandere spy for Snake's old boss (the other one) who's formed his own shadowy international conspiracy and really, really wants Big Boss back so he can play straight man to their shenanigans like old times, but will settle for killing them all instead. So Paz hijacks the giant robot that MSF had been building (!) and equipped with a shitload of weaponry and a nuclear warhead (!!!) recovered from Peace Walker as their own nuclear deterrent; officially known as Metal Gear ZEKE, and the first true Metal Gear; a giant robot equipped with a railgun and nuclear warhead that can bypass various nuclear treaties and launch without being detected by conventional means til it's too late. Big Boss doesn't seem too concerned about these implications; as ZEKE is just something to keep the superpowers off his back. (spoilers; it doesn't) He manages to defeat ZEKE and Paz escapes just in time.

And then everything goes wrong. Though I haven't properly played 5 yet.

isn't that the same thing ?

release order is a chronological order

And why would faggot OP need the whole fucking story if he is going to play the games anyway?

OP you are gay and homosexual

What was Megaman Trap's purpose? was this supposed to be Inafune's moment to make a jailbait loli trap waifu for his fetish before fleeing Crapcom?

by trap you mean that girl with the Zero armor on the beginning ? Because Aile is clearly a girl

This isn't the official interpretation, or even a very good one, but it's the one I like the most because autism.

Is there any more to this picture? Searching didn't turn up anything.

only if youre a weak willed babby

Sadly no.

I am A-OK with this interpretation. Kojima's work really went downhill after 3.

It all starts at the end of World War One. The war was so destructive that the elites of the United States, Russia, and China, formed a secret group known as The Philosophers whose goal was to prevent the world from being further engulfed in brutal warfare. The founding members of the Philosophers were the most committed to this ideal and were known as the Wisemen's Committee.

As the world entered the 1930's the last of the Wisemen's Committee had died off because apparently not only were they rich and powerful, they were also a bunch of fucking geriatrics. The Philosophers that succeeded them did not take their jobs as seriously and decided to pass the time through subterfuge, intrigue, and otherwise surreptitious shit that bored Illuminati wannabes typically do. One example of this is the creation of "charm schools" which are meant to produce spies and sleeper agents that are adept at blending into foreign cultures.

This cycle of international fucking about and sticking their dicks into foreign governments temporarily halted when their secretary knocked on their door to let them know it's World War 2 and Hitler actually went to war the absolute madman. Probably because he was sick and tired of these retards playing Spy vs. Spy in his backyard.

After unclenching their assholes they decided to pool their massive wealth and resources to deal with their immense fuck-up. This pile of wealth accumulated to over one hundred billion US dollars, which back then would equate to over one trillion dollars today.

This wealth came to be known as the Philosopher's Legacy and was used to fund advances in the war such as rocketry, the Manhattan project, and in 1942 equip a group of super soldiers known as the Cobra Unit, founded by The Boss.

The Boss was an American daughter of one of the more powerful members of the Wisemen's Committee. When he told her of all the shady shit the Philosopher's were starting to get up to, the group had him killed and sent her to work at a charm school. Because what? Wouldn't you want someone whose parents you killed to be the one training your spies?

In 1941 she was assigned as an adviser to the SAS, and during operations in Egypt she met and fought alongside David Oh, who would become Major Tom/Zero and founder of The Patriots/Cipher. By mid-1942 she had assembled a small group of elite misfits into the Cobra Unit and were essential to the Soviet victory at the battle of Stalingrad. During the Normandy D-Day invasion, the Cobra Unit was assigned to take out German V2 missile silos. By the way, during this mission The Boss was nine months pregnant with the child of a Russian Cobra Unit member, The Sorrow, and so she ended up giving birth in the middle of a fucking firefight via an emergency C-section that resulted in the scar upon her chest seen in MGS3. This child, who was given the name Adamska, was taken away by the Philosophers and would grow up to become Revolver Ocelot.

After World War 2, what remained of the Philosophers Legacy was stolen by a Red Army officer because Russians are sneaky fuckers who can't be trusted with anything. He was in charge of laundering all the money and had split it up into multiple accounts in banks across the world. The proof of the transactions required to access the money in the first place were all stored on a single microfilm which was now being used exclusively for the Soviet Union's benefit. The Philosophers broke apart and divided into three factions: American, Russian, and Chinese.

Meanwhile, The Boss, despite losing her parents and only child now, saw no reason not to continue just punching in to work every day. The Cobra Unit was disbanded and in 1951, she participated in nuclear testing in Nevada, the effects of which rendered her infertile. She soon sympathized with a teenager named Jack, whose real name was actually John, because he also had his diddly bits ruined during nuclear testing at Bikini Atoll.

They fought in the Korean War and for years they trained as master and disciple in order to remember the basics of CQC.

Now if you thought losing her parents, child, and the ability to have another child was big enough of a shit sandwich you ain't seen nothing yet.

This went on until 1959, when the never-ending cycle of The Boss getting recruited to do something and then immediately getting fucked over continued. The Boss was recruited by the President for a top secret plan that involved bribing Russian scientists and intellectuals that were against the Communist regime into handing over the secret plans of their space projects 'n' shit.

The CIA didn't want to help so The Boss used Philosopher spy channels to infiltrate the Soviet Union to accomplish this. The CIA then took the credit for this when the top secret plans started rolling in. Upon inspecting the plans being sent over and realizing something was fucked up, The Boss requested clearance for a mission to investigate. The CIA thought she was just assmad they stole her credit from her, so she infiltrated the Soviet Union again, this time alone with no support to personally find the guy who sent the plans, only to find out the CIA didn't even bother going through with paying the fucker. The CIA then blamed The Boss for this fuckup to avoid bad blood between them and the newly inaugurated JFK.

The Boss was then chosen for Project Mercury to see how the human body handles being in space. Her experience from nuclear radiation in Nevada meant that there wasn't much to lose if she got fried by space radiation. The test would've gone smoothly, but some bureaucrat told NASA to slap a window on the ship at the last second. During her flight, the view of the Earth from space inspired The Boss's idea that the world should be whole, united as one. At the end of the flight however, that very flight fucked up her re-entry and caused her to crashland. She survived, but was stuck in a coma for six months. When asked why their top agent was out of commission, the military lied and said she participated in the Bay of Pigs invasion and got rekt.

By the time she recovered, her spy in the Soviet Union was discovered by the Soviet Philosophers and was converted to a double agent by The Sorrow, who had returned to Russia. Because the spy had betrayed the US for reals this time and not because he didn't get his paycheck from the CIA, The Boss was sent in to neutralize both him and The Sorrow. If she didn't, then the Philosophers would kill her son.

The Boss and The Sorrow confronted each other on the bridge, talked about old times, and talked about which one would be the one to die. The Sorrow decided he should be the one to go, and so The Boss killed the closest thing she had to a husbando.

In late 1962, The Boss was contacted by Major Zero and under the authority of the CIA they formed Force Operation X, the FOX unit. Other members of the unit would come to include Donald Anderson, aka SIGINT, who would become the Chief of DARPA, Dr. Clark, aka Para-Medic, and John, now Naked Snake.

While all of this bullshit was going on, the СУКА that stole the Philosopher's Legacy was busy dying and passing over the microfilm to his son, Yevgeny Borisovitch Volgin, a colonel in the Russian GRU who wanted to overthrow Khrushchev.

Colonel Volgin used his limitless funds to build the military fortress of Groznyj Grad and fund the Shagohod project, which was only made possible by the brilliance of Dr. Nikolai Stepanovich Sokolov.

Dr. Sokolov grew to fear his creation, the Shagohod, a nuclear armed tank that can be deployed anywhere with three miles of flat terrain to allow it perform a rocket-boosted phase to launch an ICBM, and he defected to the West. His family was able to get out, but as a result of the Cuban missile crisis one of the Soviet Union's secret demands was that Sokolov be returned to them. The US did not know about the Shagohod yet so they complied. But in 1964, a mole working for The Boss revealed that the Shagohod project was nearing completion. And so the CIA decided it was time to retrieve both Sokolov and the Philosopher's legacy.

And here is where Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater starts, with the Virtuous Mission as a dual attempt to retrieve both Sokolov and the Philosopher's Legacy.

Also the reason Major Zero is able to inform you of so many things is because he has covert XOF units on the ground whose only purpose is to remain hidden, monitor the mission, and provide intel.

the absolute madman

More like "the absolute shitposter"

Absolute shit taste

Kids use the power of megaman to turn into power rangers! Together they will beat the evil corporation seeking to control the wolrd!

Metroidvania Mega Man could have been awesome.

Could have been.

if Holla Forums is anything to go by it's underrated

Not knowing what is going on is part of the experience.

I love ZX and ZXA, the idea of turning into bosses and changing forms in general was fantastic, if hamfisted a bit in ZXA.

Plot wise it was meh but then again i can't say i ever gave one quarter of a shit about plot in any megaman game.
MMZ had slightly better plot than the rest but it was still "meh i guess that's ok".

I sure as fuck never played these games for the plot, dunno about you.

that plot is all that mattered in megaman

Biometal's fucking goofy as an idea anyways (especially the implication that Ciel ripped X, Zero and the 4 Guardians out of the afterlife just to give some tablets consciousness) and I think there was a magical girl trend or something around the time ZX was produced that might've led to it in the first place.

Mega Man's plot lies primarily in supplementary material anyways, they go into shit like the original Mega Man not having free will that the games barely touch upon if at all.

Two dudes fall in love with a blonde jewess who dreams of open borders. She dies, and they try to interpret her will. One decides it means to control everything and get everyone to work together, the other thinks it means to never let another soldier be used like she was again. He then abandons her because he finds out she was some kinda weak peace-loving hippy and decides to create a world of never ending war. The two dudes ideologies merge and create a horrific controlled society of neverending controlled war, done by soldiers in contract armies as a way of life.

Exacerbating the issue, the guy who's in love with controlling everyone is also gay for the other guy who wants a world of neverending war. When warbro decides to reject controlbros feelings. he steals warbros sperm and makes kids with it to keep some semblence of him around, while he tries to trick warbro to stay. Unfortunately milking warbro like this breaks their friendship forever. Then warbros illegitimate child created by controlbro ends up ruining everything by destroying the world of neverending controlled warfare by sheer determination and willpower.

That is truly a shame.