So what kind of weapons would you put into your dream game?

So what kind of weapons would you put into your dream game?

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/320540/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zastava_M91
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zastava_M76
youtube.com/watch?v=B_cX1SwiC1Y
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinetic_bombardment
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

This as a baton/mace

Dont do that

I'd want a racing game where everyone is in a weaponized wheelchair.

I'd love electromagnetic weapons and generally more believable weapons rather than just some boring lightning gun. I just want the gun to have circuitry and use electricity to shoot out its bullets. I can dream.

I'm thinking of this gritty Die Hard like yuri guro survival game set in a dorm building where knives are forbidden, so all the weapons are pretty small but painful. My sister's idea actually, she's pretty critical when it comes to this kinda stuff. I ain't a sicko like her.

I like slow but hard firing weapons. I would love a arena shooter with bolt action rifle or lever action rifle type weapons.

Generally weapons that allow you to shot once, and then need a second to be ready to shot again. The gauss gun in half life was fun and one could throw in a bunch of shotguns too.

IEDs made with a crafting system allowing you to make shaped charges, EFPs, FAEs, incendiaries ect.
I want to make all kinds of nasty shit like a claymore filled with alkali metals.

i would really like to play a game based in early 1980s los angeles where you're cleaning out gangs. maybe as an undercover cop or something, but the story isn't important. you'd have only a shotgun but would have different loads - birdshot, buckshot, slugs, improvised rounds etc. maybe a revolver or something too.

i love revolvers and shotguns in games because when they're done right they feel like you're wielding the end of the goddamned world. noise, the kick, the fact that after every round there's a satisfying animation of the revolver chamber turning or the shotgun's slide being pumped. also, i'm not talking hotline miami 80s A E S T H E T I C S, I'm talking like Predator 2

Hawaiian shirts

Hyperweapons. Alternatively swords and other sword like weapons, falchions, sabres etc. We need some proper swordplay vidya

Underrated tbh fam

store.steampowered.com/app/320540/

I love that after watching a shitload of videos I still find ones I have never seen, thanks user.

mundane or wacky objects that are only powerful because of the user.

The idea sounded a lot funnier than the actual product looks like

I dream of a game with actually good shotguns.
Only way to get them is to mod them to not suck dick in most games.

There is a wheelchair racing mini-game in The Warriors game, but I can't remember if you can use weapons

I want a game where the main weapon is a chargeable cannon like the X buster, but the max charge shot is so powerful it thrusts you in the opposite direction of firing so you can use it for air boosts and dashes n sheit

SVD a cute

Just to be clear, that's not an SVD.

Handguard (?) looks a bit different but thats it. What else would it be?

A PSL. A glorified RPK chambered on 7.62x54. It's not the same action as the SVD and while the stock and handguard kind of look alike, the receiver is really different.

Why would someone build a sniper rifle based on machinegun-designs?

I'm gonna ask like I retard because I know shit about weapons

It's not that uncommon for machine guns to be used at long ranges. Having a sniper based off an MG platform really isn't that outrageous.

The RPK is a reinforced AK with a thicker barrel. Those two things work well to get some extra accuracy. Machine guns aren't necessarily inaccurate, generally speaking, having a quick detach barrel can hinder accuracy, some other shit might do it too, but those are generalities, you need to look into designs individually to see how it would go.
Another designated marksman rifle based on the AK is the Tabuk, I don't think any game has ever had that rifle.

Are you just trying bait plebs with pictures of guns that are commonly mistaken for other guns?

i wasn't aware there was another gun that used the .50AE cartridge.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zastava_M91
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zastava_M76

I never understood why he would randomly smash the button with his finger.

I want a game with a VZ just to let the players trigger /k/ by calling it an AK. Oh, and also for the neat wood-impregnated plastic furniture.

definitely not any real weapons. They are all too boring. I'd like the movement system to be devised and the weapons to work in tandem with it, augmenting, crippling in some senses.

Not only would the PSP launch UMDs like frisbees of death if you twisted it slightly, but the square button on the first batch was fucked and wouldn't register half the time because in order to fit the controls that close to the screen they had to place the sensor slightly off-centre. Ken Kutaragi then said that the square button worked as intended because the PSP was designed that way. So that's why he mashes the square button, because it WOULD NEVER FUCKING REGISTER. Useless piece of jap shit.

Look at this fag

shooting is usually the least interesting aspect of every shooter

Like this?

Don't be too shocked. Tightly wound newspapers were used as bludgeoning tools at british soccer events, since you couldn't restrict them. If humanity ever needs to invent new weapons, just leave soccer hooligans alone in a room with random junk, tell them their team lost, and there'll be one man left standing with a deadly weapon somehow assembled.

A motorbike handlebar

Weirdest most unconventional weapons we've ever had in the history and none of that boring shit that is your typical swords,axes, maces, bows, rifles, pistols etc.

What were those swords that looked a bit like arabic writing?

The norwegian postal workers knife-gun

Neat Harmonica Gun and Keyblade, dude.

One of the assassin's creed had that pistol.
It was either black flag or III.

That pistol in the 3rd pic, something's really off.

It looks bended due to the camera's fisheye effect

it was in unity

3 also had a duckfoot

I only learned harmonica guns were a thing after watching one of Ian's videos.

I want a post apocalyptic game with home-made guns that use really weird but cool actions.

A pump-action rifle or a bolt-action shotgun.
Rare but they exist.

A spear, I've never played a game with good spear combat. Poor Spears, always getting the short end of the stick.

Or anything with chains really.
Even throwing a pistol on a chain with a second chain to pull the trigger once it gets next to your target for more damage.

These memes. They will be lost in time. Like tears in the rain.

Probably because a spear is a battlefield weapon. The kind used by hundreds of dudes in formations and behind shields to poke at other dudes who hopefully won't poke them back. Most games handle combat either at a close enough range where something as long as a spear would be impractical or at a long enough range where you're using ranged weapons, or both, and mostly with small numbers of combatants.

That idea isn't even that sick or disturbing user. I'd love to play a game where you can improvise and create weapons out of absolutely anything. It'd be fun.

Play Metro 2033. It sounds like the kind of game you'd like

A gun shaped like a bullet that shoots bullets shaped like guns.

CARLOS

Everything I could fit in 10 cartridges. Most weapons of a class and cartridge would have the same stats.

I did play Metro and enjoyed it, but I wish there was more. The book was also much better story wise.

You don't know shit about shit. It hurts to even read your bullshit.

Is that a fucking Bwaka knife?

underrated weapon and underrated weapon weapon taste right there.

He's right though, spears are battlefield weapons that require numbers to be effective.

In one on one combat, a spear just doesn't hold up against other weapons.

Just look at the video (combat starts around the 5:00 mark), even when the spear does "win" a bout it's due to weak glancing blows that would have, at best, left a nasty scar whereas almost every winning strike by the sword is a heavy blow to a limb or the head.

surely there is no greater disgrace than raising another man's child.

Japanese H&K

This was a prank call right?

Surely these people must have some amount of self-awareness right?

Guys right?
GUYS?!

But both my parent's were in prison and I was raised by my grandparents.

He starts talking about Ben Garrison. What do you think?

Actually, the spear being an impractical weapon for a duel type of situation is actually correct.

There is a reason why pikemen carried one handed swords as well.

The spear is a really easy weapon to learn and master, a week in medieval bootcamp was enough for a peasant with a pointy stick to become a reliable spearman. The thing is that if your enemy gets past the pointy end of the stick and closes up to you, you're as good as dead.

seriously user?

I didn't watch the entire thing, now I feel retarded
kek

Every single AK variant

were they in jail for molesting you?

Weed, actually.

well user, just remember that winners do drugs

not to forget how they called an entire fucking army to the house over a little bit of weed, and told my little sister that if she didn't be quiet they would shoot her. Poor girl is traumatized. But my grandparents were able to sue the Randolph county police department and since randolph county no longer has a drug task force.

grandfather raising grandson is not bad because you are, by extension, his offspring. it's an inconvenience for him maybe.
kids acquired through marriage, or god fucking forbid, your woman getting knocked up by another man WHILE she's with you, are right out.

Even in a duel a spear has a massive advantage. A master of the spear will beat a master of the sword any day.

Long haired nerds who play with sticks all day have a good taste in stoner rock. Who would have thought?

I like my SVD's big

So the railgun in quake?

First gun is a shoulder mounted recoiless anti-material rifle.

Second, as you can tell from the text is a single shot .60 cal hand gun designed for elephant hunting.

Third is two bullpups bound together.

4 gauge shotgun. Yes 4 gauge.

last is a typical pump shot gun with a mac-10 mounted on the pump.

Sorry, that's not the right image but a 100 round 9mm carbine needs more love.

Aztecs had some cool shit

Uzi (especially dual-wielding), leather-gripped FK Field pistol, Tunder S14 assault rifle, Elephant gun (armor-piercing rounds), Pepperbox shotgun, Olympic Arms OA 93 pistol augmented with UT3 Enforcer parts, Mamushi Type-14 crossbow.

Red nunchuks for close-quarter combat.

Goddamnit.

oh shit I was going to post the macahuitl but I didn't wanna post twice, that's some fine taste.
it's a little funny too, aztecs and mayans developed similar technology completely separately.
Same with the incas, they had halberds even though they didn't have horsemen, which is half the reason halberds are even a thing.
also my weird war folder has some WWI stuff too.

Laser goggles. Pew pew motherfucker.

halbreds can be used as spears, thats why the have the pointy bit on the top

It's absolutely incorrect, arming swords and other small swords were back up weapons, not a "he got close, let's dump my superior polearm and get stuck with a shittier weapon" thing. Have you ever read a single historical record of a duel between nobles/knights or anything related to medieval combat at all? From where the fuck are you pulling this bullshit?
A regular size polearm will beat a sword any day of the week, any hour of the day, under any circumstance with the exception of really narrow tunnel or some other improbable condition. Longer polearms (pike's man pole and other formation-specific weapons) can have a hard time dealing with the enemy once they are within certain range, but most regular polearms designed for regular combat can go from long to short reach in a single movement of the rear hand. Hell, fucking halberds, billhooks and poleaxes were designed specifically to take on heavily armoured opponents on one-on-one combat.

I want whatever the hell this dual bolt/break action single shot rifle is

Swords were carried for a scenario where the spear would be damaged, not one where the enemy also had a sword.

The only exception to that was types of spear meant specifically for a single-use cavalry-stop, which were so long that their use was basically restricted to 'hold pointed forward, pray the horse stops before it reaches you'.

One of these things is not like the other

ITT Enemies that aren't necessarily supposed to be scary but still make you shit your pants and keep you up at night

It appears Oswald has broken his Carcano.

Uh, think you got the wrong thread user

kek
wew

artist confirmed for someone with no actual interest in the civil rights movement but wants brownie points for mentioning it.

Also, poo in loo memes aside, Indians had some batshit stuff

Quake railgun looks shit, railguns need more love
how exactly do railguns work without blasting soundwaves and in a literal sense, earrape everything?

Made me think of how much of a comeback that was.

basically two rails with a current through them which is connected by the projectile. The current causes an electromagnetic field and accelerates the projectile by rolling it along the rails.
It's pretty fucking shit in all fairness. Needs a huge amount of voltage to get to any decent level of speed.

I thought the US Navy trials with their experimental railgun actually turned out to be way more effective and efficient then they were expecting?

India does have some really weird weapons. Pic related is basically a trowing knife that's sharp on all sides except the inner edge that you spin around your finger and throw towards crowds.
youtube.com/watch?v=B_cX1SwiC1Y

Light-gas guns are far better in terms of performance. The appeal of rail guns on maritime shit is safety and even then it is pretty shitty/questionable choice. A lot of things big armed forces toy around with are bullshit to justify spending money.

Yeah, but the rails ended up melting after repeated shots.
Funny thing about ballistic weapons, accelerating the projectile makes the thing you're shooting it out of really fucking hot.
Coilguns are better anyway

Enjoy your no penetration, faggot. With a coilgun if you spin the projectile you lose speed but without spin the projectile is unstable in flight sacrificing both distance and penetrating power. Might as well just drop a telephone pole sized piece of depleted plutonium on them from low orbit.

Nigga, I pray that you are just pretending to be a retarded.

plutonium, your mom, uranium, same density, different molecular structure.
I meant something like this en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinetic_bombardment

As we're going with a weird weapon theme here.

Most powerful weapon coming through.

Actually, tbf:

-safety is actually a pretty important concern, since you don't want your shit exploding because an enemy torpedo hit your hydrogen tanks for your light gas guns

-light gas guns can't fire consistently enough to get good accuracy

-regular naval cannons have their velocity limited by the speed of sound through the gaseous products of the combustion of gunpowder, while railguns do not have this limitation

That being said we're not gonna get rails that can withstand the heat anytime soon, so eh.

But how would you put in a game mechanic?

Kabal in mortal kombat.

How gay, everyone knows love is the most powerful weapon.

I don't know about the billhooks too much but I think halberds and poleaxes were made to be effective on horsed units (killing a horse with 1 or 2 hits) rather than armored knights.
Althought I can't deny that those weapons are effective on heavily armored opponents. the weight of an axe makes it pretty good against armor, and mounted knights could use and usually had heavier armor.

Let me answer you with a joke.

What is a friendship of nations, according to Armenians? It's when all nations unite together to fuck up Turks.

Stick with the prod, prod with the prod. Just in case though, we're police.

Revolvers.

get a life, bin that knife

I dunno, probably a custom AR or AK similar to CoD with some skins. CSGO is basically what I'd do personally.

this breeds cool as fuck weapons

a water hose

Dogs and fire hoses, you say?

maybe you shouldnt shit on the carpet

You'd be surprised.

Also, The Ship is kinda like this, though it has more conventional weapons mixed in as well.

this trick kills quickly

do they have a toilet though?

Cortex Comand had a Bazooka that shoot Chainsaws

but in the end it wasn't as good as it sounds

It actually has more in common with the AR-18.

The Indus Valley civilization invented the toilet, dude. Ancient India was more technologically advanced than modern India!

Last one is a M145 3.4x power scope with a flash hider. Not that useful for long range shooting. Just ya know…yfi.

I have never played Quake seriously. I installed it once but only played it for bhopping. I have no idea how their weapons work. I was more into half life and unreal tournament.

human brains

I know what it is, I really just put up the image for the pose. Besides, that soldier is still probably engaging at a range longer than what the other user was thinking.

You don't know what a bullpup is do you?

RULE BRITANNIA

the lake is now dry and there is a huge airport over it

I know, it's a travesty

Can't Stop the Hawk

All you need is a crowbar.

Until the guy carrying the sword grabs the spear and gets past the pointy end of it.

Spears predate swords. There would be absolutely no reason people would spend time in inventing and mass producing swords if spears were so overwhelmingly superior.

It really depends on the context.

A peasant fighting with a spear will never beat a fully armored knight for example unless we're talking about French vs Flemmish, even if the knight is carrying just a longsword.

oh boy here we go
you made this thread not me,
i'm just gonna splurg my autism

whelp theres more but can't post the rest. this makes me look like a sig fanboy but trust me sigs like 10% of my dream game arsenal folder

Reatard detected. Coilguns don't have the same wear as a railgun, and they should be more accurate given the perfect symetry of the rings shouldn't cause vibrations and deformations, like in the railgun.

Weapon that is utterly useless against armor. Even lighter armor.

How about a real sword and shield?

If using a weapon makes me look sane, I don't want it.