That gun you used for the rest of game as soon as you got it

What's her name, Holla Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/53635/?
kevinduc.com/#/borderlands-2-jakobs-weapons/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I dont even remember the supershotgun on Doom 3. Thats how unmemorable that game was.

It was in the ROE expansion pack

too much fun for this world

Jaberwock's eyestaff in Alice. Felt so satisfying to unleash a hellfire laser on my enemies.

Crysis wasn't the same without it.

Some folks love the Bastard but I prefer this one. Once Polis is over: I don't spare any military-grade cartridges.

Any game with an LMG usually means I have my pre-chosen weapon of choice.

Not as soon as I got it, but as soon as you reach the sniper section. Using the drop gun trick to get 20 ammo from every pickup, I quickly max out ammo reserves and use mostly this weapon for the rest of the game.

Either this or mosin were fine rifles, easily one-shooting any enemy followed by a single shot from a secondary or a shove to finish them off.

I can't be the only guy that preferred the normal shotgun to the double barreled one right?
I mean, the double shotgun was overkill for 80% of the enemies, and wasted two times more ammo, is not even a good weapon because of the rate of fire it has.
It's probably my least used weapon in doom, i pass most of the time using the normal shotgun and the minigun, using rockets for cacos and barons and the laser gun for cybers/masterminds

The SSG is good for clearing rooms of imps and zombies, because it does the same damage a rocket does but in hitscan form, and the shear number of pellets spreading around the room helps.

In base Doom 2, you almost always have maximum shotgun ammo, which heavily incentivizes you to use the SSG. Since the SSG is literally as good as a rocket launcher in terms of damage, and ammo for it is overly abundant, most people use it for the majority of Doom 2 and end up developing a kind of respect for the SSG.

A no-SSG run of Doom 2 would be kind of interesting, now that I think about it.

Depends of of your feeling toward the gun I suppose, especially in the old Doom games.
But the S-Shotgun has a larger spread, hits like a rocket launcher and can clean more ennemies at the same time than the classic shotgun.

In the new Doom, the Super Shotgun is clearly stronger than the simple one, especialy when you can shoot two times with it.
It's also the best weapon to take down those fucking Pinkies since you have to kill them at the closest range possible.

Applies to any Contra game I've played

Red9

Put a few points into Enforcer ammo and tank and you will basically never run out, I did a 1 hour 20 minute run of Cook Off yesterday and got 842 kills with it.

It's too much fun and when you put down your bipod you can hold down key areas just retardedly well.

ha

The weapons in Heretic are too fun to just use one.

Just about every AK in every game with realistic weapons, I just love the sight picture.

This. I refuse to use anything else when I play resident evil 4.

Every single time I feel like "Yeah fuck it these people are mentally handicapped and I'm gonna lose anyway" I pick up a Negev and get an ace.
It's like a lucky charm.

I feel like the next time I play it I should challenge myself and play with the blacktail.

Corvus is best elf.

Which Halo is this from?

This was the best one

I wish all the guns were as satisfying as that one.

You are in no position to act disgusted over anything

Once I got these 3 I saw all my needs covered. Eliminator for mutants, Tunder for cheekis, Vintar for long range targets

They should make you just move slower in siege mode. On Nightmare i could rarely use it unless if i charged it before the enemies started spawning or saw me.

You happen to be homosexual.

Rarely a weapon felt that great in your hand. Close enemy? Plough them the fuck out with the joystick.
Enemy running toward you? Rip their fucking legs out and let them fall just before you so you can stomp their face.

Am I the only one who hated the vintar in Stalker? I never use that ugly piece of shit

Reliable, but still inferior

If you get the the third perk for it, you can move while it's charging.

Blacktail is actually statistically better than the Red 9. Draws faster, has more damage output and is more forgiving if you miss.
I still like the Red 9, though.

Really? I didnt bother with any of that crap. I just got the maximum ammo capacitiy, didnt even upgrade the health and shields.

the answer is always yes to this question :^)

in all honesty though its extremely powerful, albeit wonky looking. if you can get gud with the rangefinder on the scope and l2bulletdrop you'll have more fun with it

anything that can drop an exo with a single headshot is ok in my book

I mean, I wouldn't call it a gun…

Concussion rifle in the original tho.

Only the best weapon

Enjoy not getting all dat loot back home

FO2's version of the .223 pistol was fucking boss

armor piercing, 20-30 damage, common ammo, smg model so you can give a spare one to myron or sulik and not worry about getting sprayed in the back

i used it all the way through the endgame, headshots on guys in MkII power armor would knock them out or blind them, and abusing jet/buffout for 2 shot per turn meant you could solo whole squads of enclave troopers without a whole lot of trouble

This weapon right there was the power of God all along. I used it for 90% of Dead Space 2.

with the 2 round burst and being careful you can drop mans no problem, magdumping into mutants is always viable as well. tbh i kept a shotgun on me for "oh blyat" moments but i'd almost always have the AN on me even if it was less powerful…being able to snipe, roam around and clear rooms with the same weapon is great

Ack!

Cutter is great, but fully upgraded Force Gun makes you untouchable.

well there's THAT but actually finding the fucking thing is another story

Yeah, the special perk with that mod allows you to move. That's quite cool.

In terme of badassery, I think the minigun turret mod is more fun anyways.

Same goes for full upgraded plasma cutter if you have skills in this game. Force Gun is just an easy way out. Guess what got all the nodes first.

I never understood the love for the supershotgun.
The normal one was always my prefered choice.

That other one that looks like it but is wider is way more OP. You blow away all the limbs in one shot.

I used only the cutter when replaying the trilogy on the hardest difficulty just add some more challenge, i would have used the assult rifle instead but its so weak you run out of ammo all the time.

Less efficient though

Shit, i think ill replay it, didnt even see the chaingun alternative mode

Oh yeah. Fuck that assualt rifle right into its muzzle. That thing is horrible to use.

The SSG shoots 20 pellets to the SG's 7, so it's much better in ammo conservation as well as damage output. And I don't see your point about overkill since a good deal of the enemies can take multiple shots from the thing. That, and there's almost always a ton of shells lying around, which isn't true for rockets.

shotgun shoots 7 pellets at tight range
super shotgun shoots 20 pellets at wide range

shotgun has it's uses but most of the time you're just wasting ammo that could be used for super shotgun which shoots 3 additional pellets per single ammo count

I love how many people discard the Force Gun without giving it a shot first and never upgrading it. Oh, this gun doesn't explicitly cut off limbs on the first shot, SHIT TIER. Nevermind that you get insane crowd control, grenades (in ds1), and with a few damage upgrades dismember even elite necros in 2-3 shots even on highest difficulty level. Force gun is my "OH SHIT" button.

I dont remember finding a lot of ammo for the force gun, is it even possible to use that weapon more than once every 5 necros?

People loved the RCP90 but this thing just blew it out of the water. It was like a handheld minigun that could turn you invisible.

Thats exactly why i didnt use. You only need it if you fuck up. I bet you use the stasis in combat too.
Try getting gud :^)

In DS2 it's amazing. It does 5 damage per shot, as opposed to cutter's 10, and at max level it's 9 damage vs 20. But you find way more ammo for it, it has amazing stopping power, and doesn't need to be oriented per limb. I did a pulse rifle only run on Zealot, it was easy as fuck, easier than plasma gun only.

IIRC you find 3 ammo per bundle in DS1 and 2 per bundle in DS2. It's enough that once you get a couple upgrades, you never run out unless you use it inefficiently (outside of point blank range).

I'm talking about the original where uou just need decent luck. By the point you get it in the second game you don't need it.

I'm not saying I prefer Force Gun, it's bad exactly because of how good it is. It's just that you said
Also Force Gun starts out really weak as well.

It's a really nice fallback weapon on Zealot, otherwise it's just too OP.

You can get that in the first area and it remains the best shotgun till the end of the game.

Came here to post this, damn that gun is just hnng.

All the shotguns in Red Dead Redemption were insanely op.

Nothing else is required.

I dont see that gun working on any levels that have waves of enemies. It did work wonders when I first encountered cyberdemons deus exs though

I kinda miss halo

This fucker right here

The nail gun in FEAR.

Minigun + Bear Killer is the "I have everything covered" combo, really. Well, the heavy armor Secreta Agents in the endgame are a pain in the ass but I think they always are. Maybe Psi powers or Cyber powers can do something, I never used the latter as much as I should have and never used the former at all. I definitely don't think there's any combination of weapons/armor that allow you to do really well at those final assaults on the Temple.

I try not to stick to just one gun. I try to use a different one whenever I can so I won't get bored.

get the fuck outta here, that weak ass balls. they don't know how to design a gun

I have found that TRK works best in the final level, until you go to the final part through the underwater passage. Although having those pistols as backup is a must.
But, as someone already said above, in the looter stronghold TRK gets you killed, plain and simple.

So satisfying. I need to reinstall.

The Fomalhaut. I'm going to be lost without it in Zodiac since it doesn't spawn in the same place.

Pretty much all weapons in Painkiller are fun. I like the basic one most though. It's amazing how they managed to give the basic, time-honoured concept of chainsaw a new spin.

Used nothing else once I got it; Plasmids are just a superfluous gimmick. In the third act when you don't need to loot anything so often: Liquid Nitrogen makes the game breeze by.

This is way too fucking powerful, it's great. And not limited on ammo like the shitty Alien Blaster it replaces.
Runner-up is This Machine, which is what I use to kill all the NCR commie fags.

Muh independent strip. This Machine is a hell of a fun gun. I liked That Gun and the 50.cal AR .

House 4lyfe
That Gun is pretty good, but no other pistol beats A Light Shining in Darkness

I have only sided with house once. I should really try and go for it next time i play.

32 rounds of facemelting goodness. And it's only guarded by worthless Raiders. Who thought this was genuinely a good plan?

My fucking dick that shit is too good. Even with the world's lowest energy weapons level it outranks 70% of the game's weapons.

I'm too lazy to get New Vegas to actually work without crashing or corrupting saves every ten steps.

Did you add the anti-crash mod? After I added that it only crashed if a mod I added was fucking up. I've never lost a save file too. What the hell are you doing to it?

It's like enjoying FO4 and being retarded go hand in hand or something

Being lazy as fuck when modding, and generally adding mods along the way.

So little ammo though.

Excellent tastes in videogames.

All the guns in FEAR are near perfect

I refuse to use it solely on the fact that a pistol with a rifle stock looks (and is) fucking retarded.

That's a rifle with a drum, not an LMG.

I have died and went to Hell, am I.

nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/53635/?

It took me awhile to warm up to the dynamite. In most games, I get grenade-ADD and forget I have them until after I'm done with a fight where I could have used them.

But with Blood, you really needed to use them, because those fucking cultists and their hitscan weapons were mean and there wasn't always enough ammo for your regular weapons. But once I got the hang of using dynamite to get them around corners and such, it became so satisfying.

Even if thrown weapons are especially awkward in 2.5D games.

user, a release game - a game that supposedly went through dev, test, beta, prod and so on, - a game that have sold at least tens of thousands of copies, a game that is praised by many people should not require an anti-crash mod. A fan-made patch? Perhaps, and even then it is a travesty. But a mod? Surely, I must be suffering for my sins.

I guess the Germans thought different.

what the fuck do you want me to tell you? They made the game in under 2 years and were forced to get it out by a deadline.

You had to use both, really.

The SSG was great for places where you needed a lot of punch but didn't have the space to use the rocket launcher. It would have been out of place in Doom 1, but in 2 you had a lot more beefy enemies that necessitate some heavy close range firepower.

But the pump-action was still the work horse when it came to weaker enemies. Much better range, too. The lateral spread made it great for groupings at a greater distance where you'd just be wasting your ammo with the SSG.

This is what tends to happen when you're given one year of time to work with bethesda's cesspool of an already shitty engine.

They tried a lot of shit that turned out to be impractical while testing new things. They also lost the war.

That Bethesda is shit. Alternatively, that in 100500 octillion years I may find salvation after I've endured enough.

I know how it goes, they did the same to Arkane.

more like hysterical piece of arse

What is it about a shotgun in a video games that makes you feel safer by having it out?

This, entirely this. Even in FO1 that thing was a murder machine. With a crit build you'd be able to kill 3 super mutants per turn.

Not as good.

Plenty of games come out rushed because of publishers, incompetence, money, etc. Problem is that "mods will fix it" has become Bethesda's rallying cry.

And yet the Mauser bolt action is the most copied bolt-action rifle too this day. It might look silly, but it still had a use. You don't know shit about guns.

Good taste, mah nigga.

Regular shotgun is good for further away targets and shit.

Which is exactly what I'm talking about. Only that before it was additional content, fixing their shitty scripts, quests, items, systems that govern gameplay, adding shit that's glaringly missing. Now it's fixing fucking crashes. I guess Fallout 20 will be just a design document and everything else will be done by community.

It's been a while since I replayed it, but I don't recall that being an issue.

I got through literally the entire game using nothing but these two guns.

i mean i already expected it since this board is full of heretics but it gets me every time

Stocked pistols were most common in China at the time, due to the fact that their import laws made getting a rifle rather difficult. Thus, handguns with stocks became commonplace. and A E S T H E T I C

This existed in the era before SMGs or SBRs though. It was a niche role to be filled. Just like how pistol caliber lever actions were the sensible go to guns before removable magazines were a thing.

Nice assholes

mah nigger

But seriously, all the lever action/revolver type guns in NV make me so fucking hard

Speaking of Bioshock - Spear Gun in 2 was this kind of weapon for me. Cheap, reusable ammunition, insane damage and versatility.

I'd love the dynamite so much more if the explosion radius was a little larger.

The incendiary cannon definitely outclasses it though. While it lacks the charm of just throwing dynamite around, it has a much greater aoe, range, damage, and has that sexy 'THUNK' followed by a screaming explosion.

So is the chaingun.

I liked that special pump action you got from the mutant hunting jobs, but otherwise I feel it.

Start charging in the middle of a jump, it'll usually do the job before you get the movement mod.

Pic related. The revolvers are good enough for distant enemies.

wait a sec that's not the storm either

I prefer dat dere stormtech for the sheer convenience of 5.45. Maybe I'm just a unique weapon whore…

Agreed, shut niggers down fast

I loved that carbine that made the squeaky noises in CoD2, I forgot its name but it has a large clip and yellowish brown wood.

What's wrong with Duckduckgo?

combining it with the ice plasmid felt awesome too.

I seriously hope this is bait.

Good luck trying to control a full auto broom handle without a stock faggot.

Does this count?

PFFFFF

Not every game has an AK and every AK in games that have them are good,

It's like magic.
Goes exactly where you want it to every time.

This is my go to gun in UT4. It's not the best for many situations but I often wreck with it as soon as I get into tight spaces. It's single handedly put me at the top of the scoreboard many times.

Also UT4 is the best current FPS out. Just wanted to let this fact be known.

my main ever since UT1

Fuck, that's a sexy rifle to hold.

I aint a /k/ autist friend.

And I re-iterate, what's wrong with Duckduckgo?

Intermediate caliber, feeding from a belt, presumably select fire. That makes it an LMG

>Borderlands 1. Borderlands.

Ah crap.

They were right to make the manufactures more visually distinct in 2 like so
kevinduc.com/#/borderlands-2-jakobs-weapons/

Then the rest of 2 happened.

:^)

Torgue weapons in Borderlands 2 were for sexual. Firing explosive rounds in rapid succession never felt so good. Torgue was the rad ones.

It's a shame they cut out the Tediore brand assault rifles. Those designs were hot.

Don'r forget they're all named slang for penis.

hahahuhahwhuhuhuhwhaahwuahwuahawuwhuwuahwuahwuahwuhauhwhuahwuwah

Dynamite allows you to blow up enemies behind obstacles first and foremost, as already mentioned. Second, you can throw a few bundles with different remaining fuse length to turn your retreat into massacre if dealing with, say, gargoyles. It has lots of uses.
Napalm launcher is good, but it is too straightforward. Also too easy to at least clip yourself if, say, a gargoyle suddenly decides to come down and chomp on your face.
And then you have proxy and remote dynamite. Really, dynamite is one of the more important and hard to master aspects of the game.

I preferred the Borderlands 1 naming conventions (Bitch, Weaksauce, etc.). They were more fitting for the Torgue range in Borderlands 2, because they're really taunting. That thematically works with explosive arms.

the one in Up Your Arsenal

>the one in Up Your Arsenal
>He didn't know

Her name is Black Knight Sword, and she is a cruel woman.

Normally id go for the sword types too but the greataxe is just too good

CTRL+F "bald"

Posting best sword. Balder Side Sword is a best, and the R2 poke is godly.

My nigga. I'm glad I see someone else with impeccable taste.

Since the first time I picked it up in Unreal, I never wanted to put it down again.

Glad to see all my flak cannon bros

I am partial to the Avenger however. That damage is unreal.

That's a funny way to spell Claymore

got it early in every run, never left my side.

AAATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATA

Gif not representative of the full glory that is Kenshiro-ing with rock fists.

Also feet.

There's something magical about using two weapons at once when they're both melee, especially if one of them has a dedicated key for it. Besides Douk, RTCW had this, too. I don't know how many times I rushed enemies with knife 'n foot tactics, especially against skeletons.

The funny thing is of course that the irl street sweeper is a complete dog of a firearm that is far less effective than a regular pump action in any real combat situation.

I can still remember myself laughing for a good few minutes after discovering this.

Ain't no one knocking their rifles. But to get shit right, you have to do a lot of dumb shit mistakes in the process. Case in point. And you'll notice they stopped doing that shit.

The only reason to have a stock on a conventional pistol is if you don't have access to rifles or machine pistols. Which begs the question of why the fuck you'd have access to the stock for the pistol. It takes away all benefit of it being a fucking side arm. It's all very dumb.

Today, they only exist because tryhard faggots exist who think trying to min-max their firearms will make up for the emotional deficiencies brought on by their autism.

I know the .14mm isn't as good. And there was never enough ammo for it. But fuck man, that sound.

Personally, I like sword. That's a personal weapon.

Self-Explanatory.

You do know if a game has only a single weapon you want to use it's symbolic of bad game design right?

Oh, my bad. I meant to say that this was my favorite gun. Ever since I picked this up from a secret, I wouldn't be caught dead without it and alternatively, neither would it; it would always come up when I needed it the most, whenever I thought I lost it for good.

Nice job putting words in his mouth. A good example of what he was talking about is the first DOOM game. The shotgun did end up getting more use than other weapons, but you were constantly switching to other guns depending on the situation, which forced you to master them all and actually think a little bit instead of just point your favorite gun in the general direction of the enemy then spray and pray. DOOM II fucked everything up with the super shotgun, there was basically no reason not to use that gun unless you somehow managed to run out of ammo for it, which would be really hard to do considering shells are fucking everywhere.

It was one interpretation as valid as any other. If you were a designer and presented with the problem "Players prefer x gun over all others" you'd probably think about nerfing it or otherwise making it less attractive. Repeat until all weapons meet the same standard, and you get a "all weapons must be equally bland so that they're balanced" scenario. Fuck you for making me explain this to you.

How about you niggers get some taste?

Unf. That classic Shadow Warrior riot gun design. Fucking. Sleek.

She's so perfect.

A pair of favorites of mine.

I guess some people really have different luck. I've put near 1k hours combined on both 360 and PC versions and I can count on one hand how many times the game has crashed on me.

The Shotgun in Spelunky felt amazing to use, it's so satisfying to just start blowing enemies away. Plus if you piss off the shopkeeper you can always get one at the end of each level if you survive.
Also the Plasma Cannon, which deserves credit for its awesome firing sound. 99% of plasma weapons make this stupid bloop-bloop-bloop sound, but that one actually sounded like an explosion of searing hot plasma. Too bad you have to drop it immediately to get to world 5.

"The fun part of Doom 3" for a lot of people.

What is that Battle Rifle looking one?

The fucking best

Seeker rifle from Singularity. Player-controlled bullets, slows down time, can do very sharp turns due to time slowdown.

My niggers.

She's called: Dubs the template thread destroyer.

bump