Csgo knife/weapon skin autism

tell me Holla Forums,

what is it that makes people spend thousands of real life dollars on pointless weapon skins that do nothing at all?

is it autism or something else? i don't get the appeal. it's cosmetic. you don't really own it. you can't *feel* it or *hold* it. just think of the things you could do with that money. i'd buy myself a fucking dirt bike.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Q9RjDRLBWio
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

gambling addicts

Because the casuals need to feel like they have status in the game. Rather than actually being good at the game, they can feel special about their rare weapon skin.

Dopamine release

We've had this exact same thread with the exact same tex in OP at least 5000 times. Fuck off.

Dubs

Can someone post that CrowbCat webm related to this topic?

Let's not.

Back to cuckchan with you.

Stay there.

ISSA DUBS

Lots and lots of disposable income and no respect for money whatsoever.

If dubs all you niggers need to kill yourselves. If trips I kill myself.

I when I get super depressed, as in more than usual I might add 20 or so dollars to my steam account and buy some retarded skin I don't need and end up more liking later on but in that moment for a brief second my focus is on that superfluous crap it's a shitty distraction I know but it actually works

The part that actually matters, ones without Disposable Income can and will beg for money for that 550$ knife claiming that "They can resell it and pay you back." and "IT'S A INVESTMENT!"

youtube.com/watch?v=Q9RjDRLBWio

here ya go

This. Its gambling and it preys on whales and addicts..
You want to stop p2w and cashbox shit? Get the gambling authorities to shit on Valve

Holy fuck that video. Heavy shit.

op here

that's what i've been looking for. that video included sums it up perfectly. jesus… actual human beings acting like they won the lottery over non-existent virtual items that they cannot have irl. many thanks.

ITT: Poor people who complain that they can't look baller as fuck in a game by dropping a few dollars into a game.

A fool parted from his money like clockwork
Lord have mercy on you user

Next time you hit that stage consider buying a real gun instead. I don't need to tell you what to do with it.

Could you please do the board a favour and delete that image from your computer? Thanks.

When you play vidya you're too shit at anything in real life, and this reflects in your fellow gaymers spending lots of money in games and not much else besides what is required to live
When you play CS:GO you're too shit at any game, and this reflects in them only having one thing to spend shekels on

Vid related is also bretty good

akbaring a school?

There is the whole gambling addiction market but then there is also the whole market speculation aspect to it. It attracts people because its unregulated.

same shit with skins and silhouettes happened to dota2

I don't know what's sadder, the fact that these people get excited over digital items or the fact that shit like this is why Valve couldn't give a single fuck about Half Life 3

even the e-sports fags admit it's a shit game and not actually skill based
also it's fucking hilarious how they associate one shot kills with weapons that feature zoom and have perfect accuracy with "skill"

"Feast or famine" weapons with heavy reload times are as skill-based as it gets in games like this.

the game is rng.

What?

I'd argue that their prevalence in high-level plays suggests the opposite.

People playing for hundreds of thousands of dollars don't go with the weapons that take the highest amount of skill, they take what's most reliable.

It's the same reasoning behind why you don't see anyone riding a unicycle in an olympic bike race, despite unicycling around the track taking more skill.

thats a great fucking question. i suppose its because they can show off but spend less money than they would in real life?

Nah nigga you can get a real knife for less and paint some faggy flames on it for less.

He said RNG (random number generator) but the stupid lettering makes it look like mg.

Now that Valve is being ordered to stop facilitating gambling, they're gonna make all their money with the graffiti bullshit.

Perceived value based on popularity. It's silly.

but is anyone going to care about a faggot knife in real life? youd have to do something like buy a sports car, yacht or mansion

Whats wrong with buying a botkiller user?

Not only is there the gambling aspect, It's also babby's first stock market in a way. There are several people who can reliably make profit *yes you can sell skins for real money, not just steambux** by speculating prices of skins, along with trading up with others. It also just feels nice to hold a 400 dollar knife you got from a case. It did however change the community for the absolute worst.

Being able to use the weapons in the game is only a small part of it. Most of the skill in higher play comes from effective team communication and coordination, player positioning, smoke and molotov placement, and managing team economy. While the AWP does like extremely overpowered with it's one shot kill, if you dont put it to good use or play the wrong position with it not only will your team be $4750 dollars down the drain, but the enemy team will have a free awp.

But how is the AWP RNG?

That's part of what I mean, too. The AWP, because it's so powerful, requires people to be skilled in all areas of the game.

I do miss the old vanilla look of TF2
These new cosmetics are goofy looking on them

In defence of Dota 2, you already know which heroes the enemy team has chosen before the gameplay even starts so you already know what to expect when you get into a fight. There's also enough defining features (mainly animations).

Have fun at the range?

kill yourself, dumbass

No question about it. Just straight up kids not knowing better about addiction being preyed on

Now even sprays are p2s

Gambling is a human need, or at least having risk factor. It boosts self esteem.
It's an advanced need though, it should really only be met if you already meet basic needs in your life (food, financial security, etc). Attempting to gamble before basic needs are met will create a psychological house of cards that will collapse as soon as you fail.
Achieving higher levels of human needs is more rewarding, but the heirarchy should always be respected.

Respect this

This is the real root of the problem. People substituting video games for their needs. Same thing happens with MMORPGs.

i think being aware of this ruined mmorpgs for me
that or mmorpg suddenserverdeath ptsd

I've been playing CS:GO for more than a month now, never played a CS before, is it that shit?
What should I play to experience the feeling of a good CS?