Mount and Blade Warband

Hey Holla Forums. I played 107 hours of Native and after a big break i feel like going back but this time with mods, any recommendations ? I'd like it to stay relatively believable so no magic or skeletons.

Gekukojo.

Here's a list of Single Player mods:

There are tons of other mods but they are either slight changes/additions to certain game features, fantasy mods or literal garbage.

Brytenwalda

AD 1257

It's buggy as shit though.

Fixed it for you. And this is the real problem with M&B modding, none of them actually change the game in any significant fashion.

All it always seems to boil down to is different models for weapons and armor, slightly tweaked troop trees and the inclusion of Freelancer and Diplomacy. Gekukojo is about the only one that tries to do something different by eschewing shields, not that it really matters all that much, since all clans have the same troops, but at least the assets look pretty and you can tell the guy had a clear idea of what he wanted to do.

One and the same, and not too surprisingly, fantasy mods are the ones with the most autistic and unhinged modders.

Can't disagree with the fix, though I was being specific so OP knew exactly what kinds of garbage he should avoid. But definitely avoid 'fantasy' mods like the plague

I genuinely believe this guy is a bonafide cuckold.

And the PoP team is off to write a book about their deepest lore, likely to get sued by Tolkien's family.

Mods are for cheaters. Play vanilla or wait for Bannerlord.

Thought you were talking about OP for a second till I saw the images (not that OP isn't a cuckhold heh) but good God we're reaching autism levels oven worthy.

Why would the Tolkiens sue them for having such an original and well-thought out lore though ;^)

I'm just glad they'll be too busy with that project to shit up the Bannerlord modding scene.

But in all seriousness, I hope Bannerlord brings mods that are more substantial than an endless parade of reskins and scripts made of spaghetti code, because, as much as I love playing M&B, it does get old without any more meat to it.

They'd likely prefer if writers of horrible fantasy settings didn't try to uplift their work by throwing dubious non-sensical connections and turning their stuff into a "fan-fic".

I'd like mods that focus on lower scale adventuring gameplay, which will be qute feasible if they make creating quests, NPC dialog and scenes easier.

THE BOOK IS OUT

Hopefully the improved modding leads to great mods, though it will lead to a whole bunch of autistic and effortless trash regardless of the outcome. Especially with the huge gain in an audience after the siege trailers and people hyping up the game.

BUY THE BOOK

US only! MDE will get to int'l orders soon

Oh, yes, and confirmed underground parts of levels and fuckhuge maps.

If the code allows for skillchecks in dialogue and adding additional skills and attributes you can basically make it into an open world RPG.

That's always the case with any endeavor.

I'm actually happy with that. If Bannerlord achieves Skyrim mod status it will be pretty great. You'd then have a dedicated and talented modding scene, this time based around a game that isn't shit, and without Bethesda kikery.

I sure hope so, at least there will be a few good mods that stand out of the sea of the oncoming cancer

smdh sam how do expect us untermensch to get it now

There is already a thread at

I can't wait for bannerlord….anyone have a link since utorrentz is MIA?

Thanks for the suggestions, i think i'll check out Gekukojo for the ultimate weeb experience

You should play PoP.

Download the anons version from cuckchans vg, its better

He might as well play a Korean MMO instead, at least the lore isn't nearly as shit, and the grind is likely less.

What mod would you suggest?

1257 (or Medieval Conquest - an unofficial continuation of 1257 development - once the bugs are ironed out), Gekukojo, Brytenwalda, even Light & Darkness (that is getting chapter 2 soon) are better than the piece of shit PoP is.

For the life of me I can't understand how such shit mods ever get popular. It's the Misery of M&B modding.

Chorincles of Might and Magic(HoMM)
Warsword Conquest (Warhammer)
Nova Aetas if you would rather play a happy merchant sim
GekoNewer if you're a flithy weeb

Hey that looks good.

its bretty fun and theres a load of content and detail

It's buggy as fuck.

Hopefully the turkroaches also don't dumb down the game for the masses of casuals that are now interested with it. if they do hopefully it's the difficulty setting being able to go retardedly low.

Boringwalda
also why get a mod when you can pay for DLC? :^)

107 hours, what are you casual or something?

Sorta related, Of Kings and Men is in Alpha at the moment. The idea is a combat system a bit like M&B, but with a persistent MMO world where you can capture castles n'shit with your clan in 200 player battles.

Bannerlord is basically Warband 2.0 with sieges that aren't shit. TW did what most developers should do, take what works and stick with it. I've yet to see any indication the game has been dumbed down beyond the questionable choice of letting your weapon cut through multiple opponents, and even then I'm not sure if it was a planned feature or something they're still working on.

It's shit. You're more likely to get a similar mod for Bannerlord than for this joke to work out well.

It was probably done to buff melee weapons on foot since most people use lances and bows

yeah it's a nice change
I hope they make fights a bit more tactical (smarter AI) and instead of getting ganked by 4 dudes who can swing through each other there's team killing and the AI tries to avoid it.
But i guess given the game's size making the AI heavier by having team killing would probably kill FPS

The game was made by the guys who made crpg for Warband. The devs have been working faithfully on the game for quite a while, it's fairly basic but solid at the moment. No reason to be so cynical.

The easiest way to balance that would have been to put a bigger emphasis on why people used certain weapons.

The point of a spear or lance is reach, and once you get past the tip the enemy is pretty much fucked. Another way to balance it is to encourage carrying shorter weapons that can be more easily swung in packed melees, give player the ability to cut off pikes and make characters that are more lightly equipped faster and crouched lances breaking on impact and having a limited number of "shots".

There's plenty of ways to encourage varying playstyles.

Realistically you're rarely going to live through three or four people ganging up on you. It's why the game emphasizes the sue of horses and why I very much welcome the dawn of honest to goodness troop formations in Bannerlord.

I wonder if the formations can be made permanent or if you will be forced to drawn them up for each battle.

Yes, let's make the gameplay worse because of realism on a game where everything else without exception is heavily unrealistic

I think the AI is mostly fine as it is, the only time the flaws are noticable enough to be irritating is when playing in the arena where they all gang up against you despite it being a free-for-all or if you unironically went for an army of horse archers.

Mate, the way combat is set up you can't fight well if enemies gang up on you, nor would I want it to be.

Does this thing feature companion inventory, auto loot selling, and improved tornaments?

Or any of these?

No clue but you still have to go into town every single time you want to talk to the village elder or guildmaster.

n-no but you can be a cool skellyman