SEGA Thread

Alright niggers, give me something to play on any of these that isn't Sonic. Preferably something that utilizes the sound chip perfectly. Thunder Force IV is fucking amazing, I really regret not giving it a go sooner.

Does R-Type not like the Everdrive or some shit? I can't get it to boot no matter what I do.

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!fQhQTKra!g5eUOzg8zm1Uc63zIu3-TItYiKmDgD2TXiHVAzyddn8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Thunder Force IV
Golden Axe
Streets of rage
Eccho the dolphin
Revenge of the Shinobi
Ristar
Hard Drivin'

Where do I find a cheap model 1 cd, 32x and power base converter?

X-Men

Wonderboy
Moonwalker
Rampage
Strider

best game ever

Ebay nowadays. Grab a flashcart as well, since good for changing CD region. Need 32X and Mega Drive with ability to make the most of it though.

Mega Drive:

SEGA-CD:

Master System:

I already had a model 1 for years. Just thanks to hipsters finding anything for less than 100 maples is a pain in the ass

I've still not got around to playing it. Isn't it a light gun game?

It's an Adventure Game / VN by Hideo Kojima that fuses BladeRunner with Invasion of the Body Snatchers and Terminator in a future cyberpunk setting. If that appeals to you give it a go.

It's not a light gun game, you mostly go around town looking for clues on a spree of murders and disappearances caused by these robots (snatchers) that murder people and replace their bodies for some mysterious reasons.

There are a couple of light gun segments but you don't need a light gun, it can be played with just a regular controller.

The game has fantastic atmosphere and music, if this intro video doesn't convince you to play it nothing will.

Just noticed the SMS:

Master of Darkness It's like Castlevania with a cool Victorian theme.

Golvellius It's like Zelda, only better.

Thank fuck then, may burn a copy soon. I think I have a PAL copy saved somewhere.

Shadow Squadron.
Snatcher, Lunar 1&2, Popful Mail, Soul Star, and Robo Aleste.
Phantasy Star IV, Streets of Rage II, Rocket Knight Adventures, Dynamite Headdy(the Japanese version, there's an English patch), Contra Hard Corps, and Zero Tolerance.
Phantasy Star, Fantasy Zone, Wonder Boy 2&3, and Golden Axe Warrior.

Don't sweat it my ninja, there's a bunch of good rips out there:
mega.nz/#!fQhQTKra!g5eUOzg8zm1Uc63zIu3-TItYiKmDgD2TXiHVAzyddn8

Forgot to add MUSHA for the Genesis.

Best hockey game: NHL '94 or 95
Best soccer game: International Superstar Soccer Deluxe
Best basketball game: NBA Jam T.E.
Best football game: Madden '98
Best boxing game: Greatest Heavyweights

Buy high, sell low.

Much appreciated user.

The Genesis is a great system with a lot of amazing games on it. For the Sega CD there's a great shmup called Silpheed, which is great version of an already awesome classic shmup. Top notch music, excellent presentation, solid 60fps and the best use of FMV's in a video game. Most people talk shit about the sega CD's fmv support, citing essentially joke games like night trap as a reason why CD tech didn't catch on at the time, but they'll never mention how silpheed uses CD tech to present amazing backgrounds that directly influence the game play. I think it's an absolutely jaw dropping game.

On the other side of things, Silpheed may be a brilliant combination of new technology and game play, Success' Panorama Cotton, a 3D vertical shmup does some amazing things with parallax scrolling and sewing the layers of parallax together to create a smooth scrolling 3D background which does the best to show off what the Genesis could do with no hardware expansions. It kinda baffles me how this was done on such old hardware, but it's as fun to play as it is to appreciate the technical aspects.

Cotton is also a wonderful series of games that had some very inventive game play, with no two, despite how similar they may appear, being alike. Each installment was a radical departure from the last and the developers rethought how many of the core systems worked each time. Panorama Cotton is a great entry and has excellent music and challenging fast paced action. I also suggest checking out the turbo duo version of the original, Cotton Fantastic Night Dreams, if only for the mindblowing CD soundtrack, and of course giving the excellent Saturn games, Cotton 2 Magical Night Dreams and Cotton Boomerang a shot.

That sounds like a horrible plan

It's the thing "collectors" do.

FTFY