How shit is it going to be?

How shit is it going to be?

What's a good alternative?

I've already played Alpha Centauri extensively, but didn't like it as much as Colonization

I'm looking forward to the changes in wonders and multitile cities, as well as combat. As usual, wait for the expansions.

Civ5 was so bad that I have no hope.

Tried Pandora or Fall from Heaven? That's literally it.
My suggestion is to simply forget this exists for another year or two. Maybe they'll patch/dlc it to a playable state a'lla IV/V.

At the risk of being internet bullied, I'm going to say that from the videos I've seen it's looking good, as in better than 5. I like the changes to builders, mid-game boredom, barbarians and civic tech. The crazy requirements to build wonders also make for interesting gameplay, and gate the possibility of building one, so I suppose that wonder cock-blocking won't happen as much, that alone might warp the entire meta around the terrain around your capital allows.

Endless Legend

Wait and see, it might be great or it might be terrible, either way there will be DLC.

Civ 3 was also terrible yet civ 4 was good.

How was XCOM 2 in launch?

Shit.

Actually good, it had a couple of minor bugs that were quickly patched but for a launch in (current year) it's about as good as it gets.

Same with the last two, wait until the DLC to fix all the shit, then wait to buy it for 5 bucks. Or pirate it.

It was decent to completely broken depending on your CPU among other things, but good luck if you rocked an AMD

I feel bad now because it worked fine for me

As you should. You bastard.:^)

How about older Intels? Or is there just something magically shitty about certain AMD CPUs, besides them not having the raw horsepower?

No idea. My first firsthand experience with the game was months after the releaseRemember plenty of salt though

What I find funny is how they're working with AMD to optimize the game for the DX12 multi-GPU as if people care about performance on turn based strategy game with tablet shovelware graphics.

I had the game at release with a i7 4930k and GTX 980. Anti-aliasing killed performance and it still caused some issues the last time I played in June

its not going to be any worse than 3

This is what happens when you write all the core game systems in fucking UnrealScript

As good as Beyond Earth was. that is, shitty with MUH grafix

beyond earth didnt even have muh grafix it looked like poopoo