Imagine a world without XBOX

XBOX and their sequels were the death of gaming.

I'd rather imagine the world without the cheap family dvd player, ps2.

Nice consolewars thread OP.

it would be exactly the same except Sony would get all the blame instead.

a world where we're stuck with the PS2 with its hundreds of great games and the gamecube with its 14 game library

the xbox was a great console and pc would still be dead today if it had never existed.

Industry is shit as it is but would be more so if sony and nintendo didnt have another to put pressure on them

I'd rather imagine a world without Nintendo.

I for one am pretty pissed. If it wasn't for the xbox we might have gotten a Deus Ex sequel worthy of its name.

the first deus ex wasn't that good and the system has nothing to do with ion storm choosing to use premature under developed technology and failing to deliver.

Opinion discarded.

it was easily the worst game of its kind, and falls apart after hong kong.

It's the litmus test for gaming taste. And you sir, have none.

He is probably a Nintendo fanboy who never touched the OG xbox beyond gaylo and thinks it had no games when it actually was second to the ps2 when it comes to amount of exclusives.

well you know, besides the obvious.

Oh yeah, nevermind al those games that wouldn't have existed and that Armored Core would have died without the first xbox. Look, say what you want I think xbox has been a net positive. It saved a few franchises. Kept Microsoft from going full retard on their pc operating system for ~10 years.

it's a Holla Forums-core game, and it's emblematic of entry levelism into a lineage of games that only idiots fail to see the flaws and see the superior progenitors like thief and ultima underworld 2.

You have no authority in taste, considering you fail to see the many, many flaws and failures in the first deus ex and defend it like a blind fanboy bitch

Anything Xbox did, Sony would have probably done it later. After all, Bill Gates wasn't ok with launching the Xbox until some guy told him about Sony being a potential competitor.

You are taking imageboards way too seriously.

you don't know what you're talking about you plebe

You do know that i'm not who you think i am, now do you? Check the IDs.

someone who doesn't even know the influence and positive impact nintendo had on the industry

Ah, to chuckle at the incessant ramblings of the peasant and his plebeian tastes

Post-SNES Nintendo might as well would have never existed and nobody would have cared. You should eat shit and take a reality check.

First would *could

I think we can all agree that the lessons in game design taught by nintendo with their implementation of the analog sticks, how cameras function in a 3d space, and how kinesthetics operate in a 3d space are incredibly valuable and are still being put to use today. By and large Nintendo's contributions have been very beneficial to the industry at large. Post-SNES Nintendo may have had increasingly pathetic libraries, but often there was a concentration of important and great games on those systems.

You aren't going to start a console war OP, now leave.

Consoles played a big part in lowering the quality of games and making them popular with normalfags, but that was to be expected. People saw money and wanted to sell video games to the lowest common denominator, so they made consoles which are more accessible to the technologically challenged, and they made games casualized so they would appeal to the masses. I know that many of you miss those times when computers and the Internet were reserved for the enthusiast "nerd" types, but those days are over. You can make up for it by making enthusiast communities and playing games made by individuals instead of by studios. Console users are awful but most of them are little kids that don't come here. You should all be out making and sharing games and mods. Shun corporate shovelware, DRM platforms, and consoles. There's a lot of intelligent video games if you look deep enough. Don't expect companies to make a good product.

the most important and best games of all time are console games, there's only a handful of meaningful pc games

I bought an Xbone S last weekend. It's honestly a decent for what they're going for nowadays - a "it just works" media center PC. Especially with UWP app support it's actually a pretty open platform to develop stuff for. Just downloaded VLC this morning and I can use it to stream shit from my desktop PC to my living room. The controller is pretty good, too.

Xbox is not responsible for shitty focus testers telling warren specter to change the game, or the fact that he acquiesced,

I mean, most Xbox 'exclusives' just eventually got ported to PC

imagine not being such a loser that a video game console is the bane of your existence

Except they didn't.

only a few did, you can still find people begging for panzer dragoon orta, jsrf, steel battalion, etc, etc. Xbox had a very nice library that retards all too often assume it's all available on the pc.

Are you serious right now?

let me guess, halo, halo 2 and fable are the only xbox games you know about

Sega were already burning money on the Dreamcast because the debt accrued from the Saturn was that massive. Their hardware division was already dead by the time Xbox was already in development

Oh that's cute, he thinks only Microshit was responsible for that.

Oh look, another redditor who's frame of reference for Jap shit is what trickled over on American shores instead looking at what came out in Japan, which was a lot of weebshit to begin with. Probably doesn't know Japan's PC gaming market was ALWAYS catering to lewd animu making dating sims and VNs since the 80s.

Oh look, he thinks Microshit was behind that when it would have inevitably happened on PC at the same time.

Literally the only thing you got right… almost. SegaNet on Dreamcast required a subscription fee. MMOs also required them. Basically companies were already charing for shit. Not to mention in the PS2 Sony's free service basically meant you got what you paid for (jack shit), whereas XBL actually warranted the price because it was so feature rich compared to PSN. Honestly, it almost seems like a fluke that the PSN was free during the PS3 era, as it seemed like Sony would've charged for it earlier. Even then, if you're playing console games online you're faggot anyway.

There's other dumb shit you posted but you've already been proven retarded by other posts.

Actually, i guess you are right user, now that i think about it.

Guys, can someone torrent me the PC versions of Orta, Otogi, and Ninja Gaiden Black?

They're about the only xbox games ANYONE knows about, they're about the only exclusives that actually sold worth a damn.

I'll give you some credit if you're talking about retro consoles. Otherwise, that's absurd.

nah, it's true to this day. even this generation the only games worth giving a shit about are console games.

don't care about sales, I care about games.

You're another retard aren't you?

Why did you leave it blank for my reply.

just so you get (you)'d and see the image

user, sorry if i'm annoying you, but most of these games were also released on PS2, yeah they were not as good as the Xbox version, but still man.

multiplat but better on another platform is a selling point for pc games, why not console games? The xbox versions for those games were usually a lot better

I recall playing dreamcast games online for free all the time.

No they wouldn't. PC games were niche in the '90s, and video games were still more niche than they are now in general. The biggest selling PC games back then, the ones everyone makes a big deal out of, still had mediocre sales compared to games on say the PS1 or N64.

whose fault is this?

Because it was an honest to god ISP

I said nobody gave a fuck about xbox beyond halo, halo 2 and fable, and still don't, even on Holla Forums there isn't that much interest, not that it doesn't have worthwhile games or whatever.

Woah, there was an XBOX version of Metal Gear Solid 2? I can't really imagine it being better than the original PS2 version.

Take a look at the exclusives faggots. It's pretty comparable to the Gamecube, yet no one bitches about its library.

Yeah, I don't recall anyone ever playing Doom or Quake.

It had small bouts of slow down in the Tanker mission because Konami couldn't into the Xbox

But it had 5.1 surround sound in the entire game (PS2 only had it in cutscenes)

it's got some features removed sadly, and some performance issues so it's not as good, but it's still a good game

Hey guys, it's a newfag who never posted in the Xbox general threads those charts are from, laugh at him for being a faggot!

Interesting… i thought it would be more in controls, but performance? Do the Japs just hate Western fans?

Well, maybe we should make inforgraphics that only feature exclusive titles
how wrong you are

nah, konami just kinda botched it. Japanese devs that worked on the xbox produced amazing games like otogi 1 & 2, panzer dragoon orta, breakdown, and steel motherfucking battalion. Microsoft had a massive track record up until about 2009 of developer outreach programs and they targeted japanese developers a ton, got incredible support. Why do you think Lost Odyssey is such a big deal on the 360?

imagine the gamecube exclusive list, it would be a 1024x768 image

Which games? Very few games actually used SegaNet, since it only lasted bout 11 months.

kek

Halo was already being developed, Microsoft just lucked out when they managed to sign an exclusivity deal that would later lead to Bungee joining the Microsoft family for the next 12 years.

frankly halo's health/weapon system is better thought out than most other games.

OP is a faggot, we can literally end the thread on that.

Also nothing wrong with the original Xbox.

Also Halo prior to MS acquisition was a Mac (with plans for PC) game with a Half-Life like inventory system for weapons. The health and shields were a thing too, look at the pre-xbox trailer to get a idea of what it was going to be

Except Xbox live and all the shit that came with it.

Wasn't Halo an RTS back then though?

xbox live was great, tons of free dlc.

Watch this, should answer some questions.

Are you implying DLC did not start in the PC?
You dont know what you are talking about OP. Get out of here.

what? you could technically find high resolution pictures of box art and scale them to whatever size you need them to be, so your statement makes no sense, but I'm just pointing out that people like to shit on 7th gen consoles and onward for being "lol nogamestations" but it seems this trend has been alive since even fucking forever.

it wasn't the best point to mock it on, but generally the gamecube library is very small. mocking consoles for being "nogamestations" misses the point. Honestly in any console generation a single console probably gets more and better exclusives than the PC does in that period of time. Hell, even the Wii U, despite some really big misses in its past few releases has had more games than the PC in that same period of time. I struggle to think of a PC exclusive worth giving a shit about in the past 5 years, but the Wii U's had splatoon, 3d world, captain toad, mario kart 8, and plenty more that justifies its existence. Far from the best system, but the point is clear.

not sure what point you're referencing, then. Are you trying to say that consoles will always have more exclusive titles than PC? I don't know if that's necessarily true, but that's not the point I was making. The point I was making was that people like to always say how much better quality consoles were in the past, and it's just patently untrue. People say that older consoles, especially the 5th gen, had the widest range of quality content, but if you go look back at their libraries, you'll see that it's the same fucking scenario as today. That is, there are a few highly praised and revered games, and the rest are largely considered shovelware tier garbage.

If you want to compare consoles with PC, though, you can't look at a specific console, like Xbox, and compare it to the entirely of the PC's library, because PCs don't go through iterative generations, so all of the exclusive content that has ever been created for PCs is still "active" within the current "PC generation" because there is no "PC generation".

I don't know if that makes fucking sense, but generally, the PC platform has the most content and also has access to the best of both worlds when you consider ports and emulators and user generated content. Console wars are shit, though.

I generally agreed with your point, I was just offering an aside to what I often see here.

The only difference between these two worlds is that Microsofts gaming division would have taken longer to go to shit. You act as if somehow a console with under 1/6 of the main competition's userbase was somehow the single major landscape changer since the 6th gen. The downfall started with the PS1 with games being marketed and widely consumed by a much older audience than what previous gens had had. By the start of the 7th gen the audience was overwhelmingly older people with disposable income who could afford the dlc, who could afford the online play and companies couldn't leave that gold mine alone.

Of course I would rather live in that world because I would have probably gotten Age of Empires 4 and Halo balanced and built for mouse and keyboard.

Sega droping it's consoles was better for everyone, you'd have lived to despise sega if they stayed making consoles.

All of the consoles should have been banished then we could have extended that brief gap of the master race to our current golden era of the pc master race. Amirite fellow leddi- I mean channers?

Are you seriously going to sit there and try to tell me something on fucking DOS or win 95 will work FLAWLESSLY on today's hardware without emulators?

The popularity of the PS2 was more of a factor towards consoleification of everything than anything else and most of these don't even apply to Xbox exclusively in the first place.

Microsoft is the cause of a shitton of cancer, especially console FPS even being a thing due to Halo. But most of what you posted is just garbage blame game.

Also
If you bump this thread you are a cuck.

I guess Halo would have been on Mac so the Applefags would now have in total 5 games on their system.

You simply have shit taste, user.

Just imagine how much better the world would be without Bill Gates.

This. Consoles are what needed to be erased.

Imagine a world without video games

I actually like good games though, so this would hurt more than anything. Consoles have had more good games than PC.

Please make up your mind.
There's bad practices but DLC itself is not inherently bad.
Again, an issue with the practices of companies, because during the time of the 360 and Original Xbox, The PS2, Gamecube (I think?) PS3 and Wii all had free online. Shut up nerd.
Do you mean the dark era of Bethesda RPGs?
Did you know that Sega actually died in the console race because they took too many risks (some of which having little to no reward to them to begin with [see saturn])
what
Nigger you JUST FUCKING SAID they copy the west, which is it?
what a small, stupid nerd you are

please shut up nerd

Imagine a world.

Imagine.

And now during the current year guess who's decided to join in on the paid online? Thanks to literally Xbox, people have been eatting up this shit and shell out for it monthly, literally an aspect of a fucking game that's been free on consoles prior to xbox's existence.

It's only a short while until nintendo decide to do the same thing than nintendidnu's will say that it's ok because it's nintendo.

Uh, PS4? That's it. I can still do free online with my Vita and PS3, and even do crossplay between them with a friend. What's your point?

That's a pretty shit world.

How can you "violate" a monitor? They don't have feelings.

>not fucking your monitor

I want to cuddle that monitor

I surprisingly have a video that sort of fits that.

only master race is having both consoles and PC, consoles had a purpose when they kept pushing their limits, now it's just slightly prettier graphics with no major innovation to gameplay mechanics, consoles as is now are no longer needed yes.

Right now PC should be the go to for gaming simply because it can handle more in terms of mechanic innovation over consoles, unless consoles pull a rabbit out of their ass their time is effectively over

Explain. I was already an adult then and I don't recall PC gaming being dead at any point in the last two decades.

PS2 era was undoubtly the shittiest era for PC gaming.

I remember having a hard time finding decent PC games to play (GTA3, Max Payne, Warcraft 3, what more… yeah, Doom 3, which wouldn't run in most PCs of the time) and ending using it mostly to play abandonware, MAME and console emulators.

Who was really the responsible for this lack of good PC games?

okay, now name some of the games in the 'etc, etc.' category, because you exhausted the xbox's library of non-ported exclusives

Kill yourself any time.

You have this really strange misconception as well that the Xbox is the only console that'd ever adopt this shit. I'm gonna let you in on two secrets.

1) If it wasn't microsoft, it would have been someone else

2) ur a faget

Reminder that the people shitting on the original Xbox are actually younger than the console itself, and just buy into the memes.

This statement is the most distiled form of absolute True fact, However i must add something
Going back in time to prevent X-Box from ever spawning would have only slowed the inevitable

Cut all non-exclusives from that list, then you'll have an argument.

It did happen on PC, actually. Most big 2004 PC games, including Half-Life 2, launched broken or with severe issues like the Steam client completely failing and refusing to authenticate retail copy keys. 2004 was almost the year that killed PC gaming becase despite how revolutionaary Half Life 2 was, games were shipping broken and people were left waiting for patches. And there was no widespread broadband coverage back then either.

It was so bad that J Allard came up with the certification policy on 360 that companies had to sell a game that worked on day 1 and passed QA and any oversights or crash bugs found after could only be fixed with a free patch using a limited file size. Any more patches after that would cost a company $40,000 in certification costs. And he outright said it in interviews after the 360 reveal that just because a console is online capable doesn't give any publisher an excuse to ship a broken game and games had to be working on Day 1. Period.

Now look at the industry. Phil Fish had a temper tantrum over Microsoft's reasonable policy of "Don't ship a broken game" and everyone sided with the cuck instead. And now AAA publishers ship broken games and no one questioned them because QA is now down to "Does it run".

The 360 was the continuation of the Xbox Huge till Ballmer made the massive mistake of pulling J Allard from the project to create Zune, then when Peter Moore left for EA because he wasn't in love with the idea of running a console brand again, they hired Don Matrick from EA instead of promoting Robbie Bach to the VP position (that the Xbox team wanted internally because Bach was there the moment the Xbox was concieved). Don Matrick was a ruthless micromanager who surrounded himself with his own staff than the established Xbox team who were all quietly shuffled off to MS studios or had their roles diminished. But because he got highly profitable results, the board loved him.

I'm going to post J Allard because goddamn did gaming go to shit once he was pulled off the 360 project. He actually gave a shit about gaming and gamers.

He's not wrong the FPS genere was not the casualized cancer it is today until Halo came out and sudenly onlune focus, regenerating health, linear levels, quick time events, hand holding, spoon feeding and 2 weapons at the time became the norm
Yes i know Halo didn't start all off these however it was still the turd that started the avvalanche of shit we have today

Why not with emulators? Using DOSBox is not a feat of geekdom worthy of praise. Some DOS titles from GOG are already bundled with a ready-to-play DOSBox configuration. No hassle at all. I'm talking about Master of Orion 1&2, Blood with all expansions and so on.

Xbox became an American centric brand. No longer any global appeal.

I still remember the cringe when they put cable TV as a big feature on the stage in 2013.

It's too bad because making PC gamers cry about the loss of their exclusives was a beautiful sight.

Now Xbox is GearsHaloForza.

But I'll always remember playing Jade Empire, Breakdown, Ninja Gaiden, Genma Omimusha, Morrowind and Panzer Dragoon Orta on that powerful black box.

Except for using a leak-prone capacitor for timekeeping.

Explain what is good exclusive to the DLC concept. Game expansions were present before.

I stopped playing games on release completely. Every game ships broken and needs a few months of patches. I pity the idiots who played Witcher 3 on release.
Everyone is a beta tester.

I actually save money on games by waiting too.

deathrow, the amped games, best versions of the thps games, wreckless/double steal 2, crazy taxi 3, breakdown, black, timesplitters 2 & 3, fatal frame 1 & 2, gungriffon allied strike, mech assault 1 & 2, metal wolf chaos, crimson skies, dennou taisen droneZ, nude@, xyanide, conker live & reloaded, voodoo vince, ur mum, rent-a-hero no. 1, smt nine, tenerezza, castlevania curse of darkness, ninja giaden black, magatama, phantom dust, otogi 1 & 2, raze's hell, gun valkyrie, crimson sea

it's all right there. Dunno why you need to be spoonfed like a little baby

there wouldn't be a dreamcast

And Jade Empire wasn't that good, from my memories of the PC version. Very easy to play and featuring just another cookie-cutter story from Bioware.

so I went throught the first section and marked all the non exclusives

I could keep going and do that for every category but I think you get the idea

kinda misses the point of a recommended games list in the first place. Just because a game is on PC does not mean it's best on PC. Xbox versions of games, barring a handful of titles, were usually the best versions of those games, even if a PC version happened to exist. Regardless if you're looking at a recommended games list for a platform, chances are you want to see the best games for that platform, exclusive or not, and decide for yourself if those versions are interesting to you.

That you suck Sony's cock? Yes i think we get your idea loud and clear fam.

I used to be a PC gamer but I'm disillusioned with the masterrace. Steam is videogame Facebook and everyone is playing MMO/MOBA shit.

Imagine that some were also on the PC.

Don't you have a backlog of PC games enough for several years? For example I'm playing the expansion to first Dungeon Siege now.

Seganet and Dreamarena weren't free. It actually charged a tariff to your phone account for access. PC games, unless you wanted to pay for shitty, crowed pub servers. You had to pay for Gamespy/Wireplay/Happy Puppy etc. It wasn't new and no one really blinked an eye because PC was doing it forever.

Oh and people were happy paying it at the time because Microsoft actually did shit like send out newsletters containing demo discs, magazines, competitions etc every quarter. Beta testers even got free T-Shirts, copies of MechAssualt and three years of live paid up front as a "thank you".

In later years, it became bullshit when they were offering nothing for it because at least early 360 had gold betas and demos to try and they still sent out the newsletter never mind 1 Vs 100. But back then, Xbox live was fine. No one complained because the price matched what you got out of the service and Microsoft didn't just slap an online paywall in at first and expected you to pay compared to now where they dangle some indie shit in front of you.

If anything, people were fucking pissed because Acclaim went out of business before that Xbox version of Re-Volt was completed since it was supposed to be released as a completely free game for every Xbox Live subscriber.

I mean, you could play the Gamecube version of Soccer Slam missing half the content. Or the PS2 version missing half the framerate.

Or the PC version of Crazy Taxi 3 missing the entire soundtrack and looking worse than the Xbox version.

Or miss the complete version of Burnout 2 with more tracks and crash junctions than the PS2 and GC versions along with higher resolution and custom soundtrack support.

Hard decision user.

I used to be a big PC gamer for a long time. From 1993 to 2010, but after that I started seeing there was almost no good games coming out. Frankly it burnt my ass, as I think anyone would feel burned by a drought like that. Played most of the games I cared about. Console games are usually better, more interesting anyway.

What?

Thanks, this video proves that bungie has schizophrenia and is shit at making games.

Thank you user.

Not if you want mostly strategy and FPS games.

Not only that, but PC mustards are the biggest fucking apologists i've ever seen, going so far as to fucking fix games for publishers

The funniest part about the demos is that they claimed that the only reason they stopped doing them is because people WANTED them to stop producing demos

Or you could play the PC version of Silent Hill 4: the room that's barely functional

rts is kind of a dead genre lately, and fps games? Some of my favorite games are first person titles but I really can't deny that there's been a steady stream of absolutely fucking nothing worth playing in the genre since call of pripyat.

ok lol

Also turn based, like grand strategy and 4X. PC also has some nice space sims I enjoyed playing.

Thanks god Bill Gates created the Xbox brand, or the internet would be filled with even more $onyggers.

Too bad the brand was ruined by some incompetent super-retards who only got promotion through corporate nepotism.

is it because you're a nintendrone and have a chip on your shoulder?

What wrong with community patches for a 10 years old game? You can pirate it with clear conscience, your purchase won't benefit its creators anyway.

he's not even a fanboy
he's just trying to fit in

would sonyggers even fucking be the cancer they are now without the og xbox leading to the existence of the 360?

>Threads made in a template fashion (Foolz posting) and console war bullshit like "PC will never EVER get Bloodborne" will result in thread deletion or bumplock.

Mods pls.

excuse me, are you unironically defending j fucking allard?
steam was shit purely because it was in its infancy
you are viewing these massive growing pains through a modern lens

This of it this way, anti-Satan. Without Xbot, there won't be any competition for the biggest cancer in gaming and Dreamcast will still be alive till today.

Xbox just got really jewy, sony started the shit

No, only Jason has it. Watch this

While M$ didn't start the trend, they certainly made it a common thing with map pack DLCs. In turn, they also allowed Horse Armour onto their store.

I'm probably in a minority, but of the three I find Sonyggers the lesser of the cancers.

Yes because they would have been defending $599 to this day.

Because J was right. And always was right. Steam was fucking broken. Half Life 2 shipped with a fuck ton of bugs that needed patching through steam so even after the authentication nightmare, the servers still kept fucking up.

Someone in the industry went out and made a move to protect customers even though it made publishers and developers (Especially indie developers) mad and told them to fuck off because it's his console and his rules.

Tbh I'd be okay with this. The only thing I'd miss would be he eventual 360 controller design.

Gotta appreciate xbox for allowing the one market they have no influence on whatsoever to be the way it is now.

who said anything about sony? most of those games are avaible for gamecube and PC too

J Allard was nothing more than a huge dork. Whatever you think he was right about can probably be attributed to him doing something obvious or getting lucky. Microsoft's xbox division has always been lead by dorks, dudebros and out of touch execs. The only exception was Ed Fries.

Not even talking about DRM or whatever, i'm just saying that lately whenever a publisher shits out a massive PC turd, like bethesda, or that new mafia game, you'll see tons of mustards come out of the woodwork to defend this shit or make excuses for it, or just fix the game.

I find them also less cancerous than the other competitors but still equally shit currently. Sadly this whole discussion is pointless since smartphones and tablets are already the next overlords.

Slippery slopes user. Maps used to be free updates. M$ initially released the Halo map packs as priced but then made them free a few months later (probably only at Bungie's request but who knows).

Sony would still kill the Dreamcast, Xbox or not.

It actually was, MS' policy for their market place was shit but it was Bethesda that started the useless DLC trend and the userbase for enabling such a thing.

Only because the PS2 had a built in DVD capability, the Dreamcast was actually more powerful than the PS2

Dreamcast was very much dead when og xbox came out, yes.

I'm getting madder knowing how M$ fucked our present day indirectly.

Both $ony and Micro$oft were intrusive profiteers. The console battle should have stayed Nintendo vs Sega, the companies which re-built this industry from its ashes after the 1983 crash.

That was Ohm's project though and didn't use assets from halo, Haloid might be a thing but RWBY still has a high chance of existing if you remove RT

Isn't neogaf a bunch of sony bronies?

Microsoft claimed to be pretty hands off with bungie though, so who knows, it's possible it would have still been an FPS, and for all we know Apple would've brought out the Macbox instead(Steve Jobs was reportedly fucking pissed after he heard Microsoft buy out bungie, so it was definitely a big deal for them)

MS had no hand in changing it to a TPS, watch that evolution of Halo video I linked, the decision came from one of Bungie's founder's Jason Jones

many xbox exclusives were funded directly by microsoft and would have never existed without them. How do you think game development works?

It wasn't entirely useless, you could use it to get rid of Shadowmere when you got sick of him.
:^)

M$ could have easily told them to either include it in another DLC or to fuck off. While Bethesda is certainly in the wrong, the stores really need to take responsibility for what they sell.

And Microsoft can't fund PC game development on their own OS because…?

The Asian Cuck actually formed his 'skills' from working on the RvB series and other projects. If he didn't work with them he'd be a NEET till now and still alive.

too small of a market, xbox was a project that microsoft had dedicated interest in penetrating the home console market and put a lot of money into it. microsoft pc game support declined pretty hard in the late 90s because the market was already theirs.

Try and keep up?

Wait are those shots to suppress that allergic reaction he eventually died from? Or am I being dramatic?

I've had cats all my life, and I've never known one to bite and scratch like that.. Did his girlfriend end up keeping the damned thing even after Monty died because of it?

yes

can't believe that's actually the way it went down
what a fucking retard
did he do it for a girlfriend?

also yes

His girlfriend is a fucking cunt.

If I remember correctly shes also asking for sympathy bux

yeah I wanna agree, and I also worry this cunt's conscience isn't weighing very heavily, but in the end he was the one to make the choice to jump through hoops for her

When I used to live with my parents they kept a cat that looked like an angel on front of them. Every night it will come over to my bed and try to push me out of bed knowing very well I'm mildly allergic to it. Of course the day I used force was the day I got kicked out of the house. At least I'm alive. Cats are inherently evil and I pity those who give in to their cruelty.

of fucking course
there was either that, or moving on way too easily
maybe I have a chip on my shoulder about women, but fucking christ

She might be a cunt, but he's the biggest cuck that rival's or surpasses burch. Then again, all NEETs will fall for any girl that shows their pussy to them for their first time. Don't give in to temptation and harness your mana.

If you're trying to make the case for how xboxhueg was functionally the same as the 360, you shouldn't tell everyone how the 360's development was totally different from the OG xbox's.

No, it's because ps2 brought a lot of casuals whose first console was ps2 because their daddy and mommy bought it to watch dvd movies.

that's a nice meme

Here's something to calm you down.

As opposed to your "everyone who dislikes sony is a nintendrone with a chip on their shoulder" meme?

that's not a meme though
you're here aren't you?

I am not calm.

I never owned a single thing nintendo. Nice meme, bro.

Don't think parents bought a ps2 for the DVD player capability. If you checked every household in those days they would have another DVD player in their living room.

And ps2 was the cheapest of them.

then you're either a liar or a retard
even I don't dislike Nintendo enough to have never owned one of their products

It was, but it was still a kid's toy.

People like this deserve to hang. This should serve as a lesson, never try to fuck a cosplayer.

And you're certainly a retard because I didn't say I never owned anything by them because I hate them so much.

I hope all of you are thirty or older.

I never said anything about your reasoning, brainiac. You're a liar, a retard, underage, or a poorfag if you've never owned anything by Nintendo.

Is that a fact?

You're doing really well.

Isn't it ironic that you're the first in this thread to even use "chip on his shoulder"?

All of what you said is bullshit, OP.
Western devs would have died sooner, Japanese devs would have moved to mobile years ago, Halo would have released on Mac and PC and still led to the 2 gun system, DLC was already a thing with expansion packs, etc. etc. etc.

I know Holla Forums
was worried for a minute it wouldn't get a response, since it was taking so very long
Thank fuck you couldn't ignore such an old post

Shit, sorry, I had vidya to play.

Huh? Expansions never weren't as cancerous as
DLCs.

Wow.. It's like every single thing I hate about modern women in my hobbies all rolled into one insufferable person.

well, shit

You are the reason that good AAA games are dying out.

"Graphics" are fine. What's not fine is pushing pretty filters and particle effects and other extraneous graphical bells and whistles, which usually comes at the expense of a stable framerate, good design, and more testing.

None of that is expensive to put in a game, snowflake.

Testing is expensive. Pretty graphical bullshit at the cost of framerate happens all the time, especially in console releases. Kill yourself.

but resolution is
progress is really slowing down when people want better graphics while also pushing higher resolutions
I hope things are gonna calm down when 4K becomes an accepted resolution
graphics have really stagnated, and I feel as if it's a combination of NVidia and AMD not competing as hard as they can, and people wanting to play at 4K
I guess there's no real incentive for Nvidia and AMD do go for any sort of quantum leap, when you can just go for small increments every year or so and people will buy it anyway

I don't hate this bitch, I hate the beta cuck who allows these people to exist.

You think this shit happened often in the past?.

Had more fun playing Xenogears than GTA5 on high but I'm the minority.

Thanks to this relentless push for graphics games keep getting more soulless. Gotta sell millions to break even.

This post is so wrong it's ridiculous

No it would've just been Playstation vs Gamecube. That's it. With just significantly more flocking to Playstation. It would just be a console war between Nintendo and Sony. Nothing all that significant would change.

I think you misunderstand why they did it. It's because they were impressed with how well these games sold in the west and thus wanted to copy that. It wasn't because of Xbox.

I think you don't understand why that was done. It was done because of gamepads in general. If Halo didn't do it, some other developer would have. It was inevitable with the rise of console FPS which was only starting to happen at the time.

This always happened, before Xbox, and will continue to happen after Xbox.

What is PSN store

The entire industry was moving towards Digital Distribution with Steam. Xbox just did the digital store first on console but Steam was already around at the time.

I suspect the only reason Sony didn't charge for online during the 360 generation was because Microsoft was doing it and the PS3 wasn't selling so well.

If PSN was the only option I suspect they would've charged for it. Either with the PS3 or the PS4. Especially since they ended up doing it with the PS4.

This had nothing to do with Xbox. I doubt you would've even played Fallout if 3 hadn't come out.

This is retarded.

The reason these games phased out for more casual bigger budget titles had more to do with sales and larger budgets. Arcanum sold something like 230 000 copies when it released and that was considered pretty good for the studio. Now if games don't sell 3 million copies they're considered a failure. Entirely because the dev spends millions on the game and wants it to sell as much as possible. Because of how competitive the industry has become. Xbox had nothing to do with it.

I think this is just naive. The industry has never been welcoming towards new IPs. And this is true of other industries like movies. It's why almost every movie is a sequel, remake or adaptation

It's always been console focused, you just haven't been playing attention. PC gaming was big but it was never bigger

Nintendo experimented with motion controls before the gamecube. And experimented with 3D before it to. All of these things would've come about regardless. Nintendo was interested in innovating beyond controllers.

Really naive

Sega was basically bankrupted after the Dreamcast. They essentially became a new entity similar to Atari. There was no way they would attempt another console after it because they cost billions of dollars to produce and every single one since the Genesis had been a financial disaster.

This entire list is just naive wishing. Xbox wasn't what caused all of this. It was all headed in this direction.

Personally own modded OG Xbox. The xbox does multiplats better than any other console of that gen. Why shouldn't they be on the list? Not only were they better, they tended to have exclusive things as well as DLC which you can just pirate obviously

Just Holla Forums being Holla Forums. Back in the real world people only buy one console. Exclusives aren't very important anymore.

Look at the best selling games of 2015 and spot the exclusives. Xbox, PS or PC everyone gets the same games.

Everyone is yelling for better graphics. Nowadays it takes 5 years to make a game!

It boils down to:

Soon.

You think it happens often now?
Some men just fall for it. It's always been like this.

The ps2 brought casuals, killed the dreamcast, is the reason movie games are so popular and neogaf.

More often than in the past.

Dreamcast killed itself by thinking it could release early and get any sort of headstart.

And I'm not sure why PS2 is the console that gets fingered as being the one that brought the casuals. Why not the PS1? Or the Genesis? To me it's the 360 that brought them in any large number.

Steam brought in millions of casuals. Not something people want to talk about though.

I don't think just owning a PS2 or Xbox makes someone a casual though. I played Mania Khemia on my PS2 not GTA San Andreas.

Dificult to say. People used Steam back in the day because it was the only way to play CS1.6, and I'm not sure if those players were the casuals of their day. I'm not really objective enough when it comes to that.

Pretty sure hipsters are considered casuals

and where did you come from, friend? Maybe it's a good idea to go back?

go back where
to the front page of Holla Forums
no, i don't think so
maybe you should go back to Neogaf

who said anything about neogaf?

you don't need to say your from neogaf
to know a sony defense force shill
when you see one

inb4 (215) shows

what
gave you
that idea?

you're the dudebro who cries HIPSTER when someone makes a throwaway comment about playing a niche-ish/weeb game instead of gta, and I'm somehow SDF?

Well I don't know about that. Not saying you're wrong, just that I played most multiplats on PS2.
All I'm saying is that the exclusives make a console. There should be more exclusive titles, otherwise there's no reason to have a console in the first place.

If what you're saying is true, the consoles will go the way of the dodo once people realize they're paying a premium for very weak hardware, on top of other bullshit like a closed marketplace that has no competition from third parties and the nonsense that is having to pay a fee to play online.

oh wait
i'm wrong
you're not SDF
your Bob Chipman
how could i be so blind

user, you should really play them on the Xbox. The difference is incredible, and while the Xbox maybe has 20 good exclusives, the multiplats really make it great. Multiplats on the xbox generally have
>dlc which you can pirate
I own every console of that generation. well a modded Wii to cover NGC and a CECH-A CFW PS3 to cover PS2 By owning a modded Xbox you can liberate some space for the multiplats of the era, saving money in terms of storage space.

It's only the most visible.
We were on a train for this shit for a while, Halo just happened to head there.
Half Life 1 and Duke 3D clearly indicated cinematic games were gonna' be the most visibly successful, and cue shit train from there.

Imagine a world without Microsoft

I want to do what you're doing, user. How do I into modding all my consoles for every game ever?

ECKS BAWKS isn't responsible for all that shit and you know it.
This is weird bait because nobody really cares about them even.

There would be more PC devs but still quite a lot developing for the Playstations.

Infinity Ward still has Call of Duty 2 with its health regen on the PS2 paving the way for the extreme casualualization of the FPS genre.

The Great Recession still happens in 2008, browser and mobile gaming still happen, the casual onslaught can not be adverted.

Dreamcast still would have pioneered DLC.
People would still be dissatisfied with Sega so hard the Dreamcast fails.
Bethesda still comes out with horse armor.
Rushed games still get made with day 1 patches.

It is still possible Sony would charge an online fee because greed.

RPGs still enter the dark age because of competitive gaming becoming the mainstream.

The golden area still dies because of the previous reason.

IPs still get regurgitated all be it potentially without the Xbox ones on xbox.
Halo just becomes a slightly less casual PC title but still a franchise version of itself before becoming a crossplat.

Nintendo would have still released the Wii.
The game cube would only have sold slightly more.
They would be putting out the same shit.

Shit would still be casual.

Sega would still be shit.

Alternate history is not just wishful thinking.
There are down sides and many things that are unavoidable.

For instance Sony may not see any reason to make a console as particularly cutting edge if their greatest opponent isn't even that technologically sophisticated themselves.
Why go that extra mile?
Graphics are then even more stunted than in today's market.

Lol, most of the problems with gaming nowadays were started by your cancerous japshit games.

The movie industry in that world is pretty great.
A lot of practical effects.
Tron never gets disqualified from winning best special-effects "for using computers" because Steven Lisberger never gets inspired by Pong and thus never even makes Tron.

The no videogame thing kind of sucks but a balance is maintained.

Well my definition of "casual" is someone who plays triple A titles but I'm sure everyone has their own ideas.

Also, if not for the Xbox, SMT's first attempt at an MMO might not have failed. But then we might not have had Imagine. I'm conflicted on this.

In other words:

AAA has nothing to do with mainstream, user. That term is purely based on budget. His definition of casual is retarded, but that is no excuse for you saying retarded stuff as well.

Usually when I imagine a world without XBox, all I think about is the big three will consists of Playstation, Nintendo, and SEGA.

In mature gamers households, it will be Playstation or SEGA's successor to the Dreamcast.

Usually when i ever think of a world without Xbox, i think of Apple, steam, and possibly Nvidia, not because i want it, or actually like but because, lets be real, that's probably who's going to take over when xbox goes away, Nintendo start's sucking Apple's cock, and Sony goes bankrupt.

I wonder how different the gaming field would be.

This would mean that Halo will be PC, I don't know about Gears of War (I saw a Gamranx vid were if they go multiplat, they'll go bankrupt), and Sunset Overdrive will go to Playstation or PC.

Sony going bankrupt is part of my first world problems nightmare, since I grew with Playstation/Nintendo/PC.

I knew that Steam might fill in the Xbox void.

Nintendo is doing a bit of that sucking, that's one of the few things that this universe have in common with that AU.

Come on now, there's only one company that can be blamed for the Gamecube's relative failure, and it sure as hell isn't Microsoft. Where's the evidence that a good chunk of the N64's audience switched to the Xbox?

I imagine a world without ATARI who started this bullshit

And yet look at how Deus Ex: Invisible War turned out because it was made for the "most powerful console" and not PC.

Heheh. Imagine a world where this thread didn't appear at all. :^)

?

we have IDs on this board
in the future check what sort of posts someone has made in the thread
before
making
an
ass
of
yourself

CoD2 was not possible on PS2
I don't think CoD1 was even possible on it

u wot

Xbox was the least of that game's problems, if it was even a problem at all.

Which is why
i know
you're a Nintendrone, blob