Emerald Nightmare (the only raid in Legion):

Kara 7.1

youtube.com/watch?v=tHK2pbrNU38

Yea…

Other urls found in this thread:

lorelol.ytmnd.com/
archive.is/nGtoQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I don't get how the raid can be too easy while having bosses that are too hard or require exploits.

How many "last chances" can you give Blizzard before you're forced to admit that you're pathetic?

You're beyond saving.

The right class for the raid and gear make a difference in fights. In Legion, people are getting raid-tier pieces with little or no effort thanks to the loot system and legendaries.

That seems to be the main problem.
The possible titanforged shit you can get randomly is too good and makes the fights way too easy for them being mythic.
Especially if you farm 24/7 and are fully (over)geared at the end.
Looks like another of Shitzards great ideas to giver casuals the possibility to get good items for end-game sontent, at the expense of everyone else who still plays wow "serious"

You can blame Wyatt Cheng and Diablo 3 for Legion's loot system (which is funny because Diablo 3's system is so bad).

It's a bad sign when the first raid is done in 18 hours or less. They might tone down classes, and tweak the system to make the 2nd raid harder (Night Hold or some dungeon I don't care about).

Wow. Literally.
Wooow.

Now they're buffing bosses to make it harder.

Talk about shit design.

is this a first? I never remember any enemy ever getting buffed in the game's lifespan but I quit nearly 7 years ago.

Its been part of the lore since the lore was raped in Burning Crusade
lorelol.ytmnd.com/

I remember they tried their damnedest to imply the twisting nether wasn't space and then the Illidan fight happened. I guess that's what you get when your writing is done by a committee of people who never talk to each other.

Yea, but the transition to the last boss was what made the Fat Boss guys scratch their heads.

Nope. Usually a boss like Archimonde was overtuned even for hardcore raiders, so they had to tone him down. I remember when they had to fix Heart of Fear in MoP because it was a shitty, broken raid nobody liked to do (trash was kinda fucked up).

I have a feeling you misread my comment.

No, you asked if they ever buffed a raid boss like this. Usually it's the opposite if top raiders are having issues with certain bosses (Mythic Archimonde in WoD).

A man can still dream…

gotcha. I don't know anything about MoP which caused the confusion.

This happened during WoD's lat raid instance when no one could beat Mythic Archimonde and Furnace (or Butcher).

Heart of Fear had a lot of problems involving the trash iirc, so Blizzard had to fix the mobs.

You didn't miss anything good from MoP. It was pretty bad.

I always heard it's an oasis compared to the two expansions that sandwiched it though.

It honestly was. Largely because it had a wide array of content to break tedium.

Saying MoP is good is saying getting kicked in the balls is better than burning your hand. Content was really hit and miss, but you were sort of mandated to do that extra content if you wanted to see MoP's endgame stuff (cape, reputation-locked faction stuff, Wow-Farmville, etc).

Raids were pretty shitty imo (Heart of Fear being the biggest offender), and had the worst loot rng; 2 drops per raid boss, and it was usually for classes that aren't in your raid. You had a chance to get another piece of loot from bonus rolls, but you wound up with gold for the most part.

Lesser Elder Charms were some of the most useless charms that were a waste of inventory space. People bitched about them, and Blizzard did nothing to make them better.

I was one of the few people who was excited for MoP (I took a day off to play it). I don't regret taking the day off for it, but holy shit that expansion was full of disappointment.

Like raid item level? I'm pretty sure the chance of that is incredibly rare. You have to successfully roll forgings five or six times in a row.

Still not hard to get with the farming you can do for those levels or anything close to said levels.

Wow… so deep… so insightful…

I'll cede that the rep-gating was bullshit, and one of MoP's bigger problems, but it thankfully eventually got better as the expansion cycle went on. Wow-farmville was thankfully quite minor, and didn't feel anywhere near as necessary as Garrisons did in WoD, or even class halls in Legion.

HoF was pretty unimpressive and the rest of that tier was merely okay, but ToT and SoO were both fine, even if the latter consisted largely of recycled locations. The loot drops were fairly similar to Cata (sans bonus rolls), as I recall, and were more generous than, say, Wrath, where 25-mans would drop 3-4 pieces in most cases.

As for charms, Blizz at least turned them into a currency as to be less inventory-clogging. Aside from that, I'll give you that they tended to be largely useless, given how fast they ended up being acquired.

I was talking about shit more like Pet Battles, Brawler's Guild, etc.

I hated ToT, but SoO was okay. Like you said, it ran it's course longer than it should have.

I don't remember Cata's loot system, but I felt MoP was way more ruthless with giving drops to people in your raid.

I loved Pet battles. I actually spent more time on that than doing endgame content.

archive.is/nGtoQ

So Shitzard probably managed to implement some of their ingame shop bullshit into vanilla, and might even show it off at blizzcon.

Mark no bully.

God fucking damnit.

I'm so glad I quit. Between the raid fights being made "safe spaces" where every class is equal, design choices that encouraged playing multiple alts (or playing 24/7 in Legion or something?) and gutting the difficulty and depth of combat - however minimal it was - made the game unbearable.

AFAIK anyone playing WoW on the live server either has Stockholm Syndrome, is paid to do it or wants to try out the game for the first time.

I remember that phoenix thingy in the raid that features ragnaros V2 which name I don't remember
It was quite fun to play danmaku while everyone was complaining it was too hard to dodge everything

How are the bosses now compared to then?

The irony is that WoD and Legion made playing as alts worse, as your main and alts are determined by the shitty legendary you get on your character. In WoD, you had to go through the mandatory garrison shit over 10+ times, and people were getting sick of that shit on their first or second character.

They're either too easy (Terrace in MoP), too hard (Mythic Archimonde, Furnace), or just shit (Xavius, Furnace, Death Wing in Dragon Soul, etc). Raids are really hit and miss.

thank lord.

I would think making all classes equally viable in raids would be a move against encouraging alts so you don't have to have a bunch of different characters to experience every raid.

honestly a better raiding experience is on Ffxiv then any other mmo out right now

>implying the music is good

FF14 isn't that bad. I'm jumping back in if they make goblins and ffxi Orcs/Quadav playable races.

Making everything viable means that if there's a fight with a mechanic that lets one class shine, you want to stack it as much as possible. See Yogg0 and Nef2.0 for two great examples of this. Stars got world first on Yogg0 because they stacked something like 8 Warlocks and Paragon got world first Nef2.0 because they stacked 11 fucking Druids.

Yeah but making only a few classes viable results in the same thing, just with less potential variety. If every class is viable you might get 8 warlock stacks from min-maxing groups but you'll also see less min-maxing groups run other shit. If only warlocks are viable every group will be running 8 warlocks.

Whats wrong with that? Normal/Heroic raid was open a week before Mythic was. Mythic+ dungeons which can give equivalent item level loot was also out. Raids are out for much longer on Beta being tested. All mechanics to a raid encounter are known before hand.

How long should it take for the high end content to be cleared by the cutting edge guilds? What should change to make the race to complete mythic raids take longer?

Nonono before Blizzard homogenized everything, every class had its positives and a lot of specs were wanted. For example in TBC a raid might want 2 Warrior tanks + 1 DPS warrior to keep up tclap/demo. But post homogenization there's like 4 specs that can do the DPS warrior's job. Hence that DPS warrior better have an alt just in case. Of course there's more to it than just class balance, but its a huge culprit that made alt galore a thing for like 3 expansions straight.

Mythic wasn't meant to be cleared within a day though. It's supposed to be time-consuming with changes that separate it from Normal and Heroic. It's going to be a problem when people get bored of the only raid in the current expansion, and Blizzard has to resort of half-assed boss buffs to keep the content alive. There's nothing else to look forward to out of…Karazhan….for 6+ months.

Back then, no one had a clue on how to play their classes while add-ons like deadly boss mods weren't even out yet. Races have been shorter with each expansion, but they shouldn't be this short.

Really put the effort into making Mythic challenging and worthwhile. Raids have been hit and miss since Ruby Sanctum (the last WoLK raid that was complete shit. Even Blizzard admitted that this one sucked). Fatboss suggested some kind of gear cap, but that might piss more people off after they busted their asses on getting the shitty legendary and titan-forged shit they needed to get into a raid (legendaries are making people miserable in Legion).

The other issue I frogot to cover was how the race was finished through exploiting Shadow Priests, which shows some holes in Blizzard's class balance and raid designs.If raids are resorting to exploits to clear a raid, something is wrong, and Blizzard won't admit it.

I've never played WoW before

Would it be worth picking up when it inevitably goes f2p or is it just pure garbage at this point?

I dont know whos more pathetic, the Overcucks or the WoWfags

Its shit user, irredeamable shit
You want something enganging and with roleplay value and actual socialization, go play Mount & Blade.

Almost forgot

The Overcucks who are playing SocialJusticeWatch are much worse. They spent money on fucking pointless lootboxes.

No, play an actual decent MMO like FF14 or even 11 if you want something old school.

Nah, i'm just yanking your chain. FF14 is okay if you need that MMO fix. Not to mention FF14 feels more like a classic FF game than any FF games that have come out in the last 10 years. Feels bad, man.

What about Wildsdtar
Ot is it dead in the water, waiting to get the last plug pulled?

You tell me.

t. MMO fanatic

it was not
it was better than the next one but shittier than the previous one like every single wow expansion since TBC

wildstar and rift man had some good shit in them but some shitty devs that could do shit right after launch

Rip in peace EQ2, Warhammer online, DC Online, ect.

Wildstar is slowly dying on the inside. Like Vanguard, it tried to be very old school, but the developers never go the memo that questing, going into dungeons, and raids should be fun and rewarding.

Rift is still making expansions like EQ, and isn't too bad as a F2P. At least you can play with bombs.

Everquest 2 is 12 years-old, and it's still an ugly piece of shit that still can't run smoothly on new PCs. I don't get it.

Warhammer Online had so much potential, but it was generic Wow trash.