Dragon Quest: Builders

So have you tried the demo? Thoughts?

It's like a finished version of minecraft. story. build RPG towns, town gets populated by roaming NPCs, people in town function according to jobs (ie: build a blacksmith jobs and a townsperson will use it and build shit)

its comfy as fuck too. comfy game of the year 2016

pictures

I actually really enjoyed it. Who thought that if you took terraria and gave it actual charming and fun npcs and quests you'd get a pretty sic (and comfy) game.

more pictures

Does it have multiplayer ?

i enjoyed it way more than i thought i would. it kinda looked like an IOS game at first. its very addictive. its the perfect "home base builder" game.

no i believe its a single player game, so hopefully it keeps from developing a toxic fanbase so i dont have to be embarassed about liking it.

Looks gre…

The fanbase of such a game is already toxic.

Does it have those shitty forced accents that plague the mainline dragon quest titles?

Because if it does, I ain't even gonna bother pirating it

also worth mentioning, it is not a lonely world as a single player game. there are tons of NPCs that populate the town and have quests/dialogue and personalities.
it reminds me alot of the original dark cloud. "i need a house, pls build" so you lay down blueprints and construct the house according to them, having to go search for resources in the massive world if you dont have them.

the dlc is blocks with goos on them, gold blocks, and a pink version of the most common tree. it doesnt mean the fanbase is toxic. just the publisher

from the demo, there are no voices.

The fanbase of games with DLC is toxic. Full stop. The consumer is responsible for supporting bad business practices, no matter how trivial.

I can see that you're trying to avoid responsibility for your upcoming purchase, though.

nigger, i own a PS4. this is literally nothing by comparison.
regardless… what new games dont have DLC? even EDF has DLC. do you just abstain from playing any new games?

and it will be console exclusive?

No, just from buying (financially supporting) them.

atleast for now. what ps4 "exclusives" are still exclusive besides bloodborne?

yea, minecraft looks much better.

kudos.

well save for my Xbone (sold it cause it's trash) and my Wii U (in the closet).

KoF14, at the very least.

King of Fighters, Yakuza, Gravity Rush 2, Last Guardian, KH2.8, Persona 5 if you don't a PS3 (hate that piece of alien garbage). Probably some I'm missing but yeah it has some good stuff. if you're uninterested in weeb trash not too much though. O keep it for cases like Wings of Freedom where the PC port doesn't pick up my 360 pad.

Can't get the demo because I put my vita on the high seas, I don't expect much from this game, really didn't like the sandbox "build your autistic shit" in minecraft, and terraria's being 2d.
I also saw it was more rpg than sandbox and had more direction, and the story mode's world wasn't proceduraly generated, so that's a plus for me.
And I played the first Dragon Quest earlier this year, so I'll enjoy all the references to the previous games

but the demo is still available for download for ps4.
its really just dark cloud but instead of that semi-auto construction, you get much more detailed and customizable construction. and instead of a randomly generated dungeon, you have the randomly generated surrounding world.

It really is comfy as fuck.
I've never played Minecraft or any Minecraft clones so it being the same probably seems less shitty to me.

Shit, that's what it was. And I loved those, so this seems appealing to me.

Since when has single player been a strike against a game's quality? What was so great about multiplayer in Minecraft that similar games suffer for not having it?

Apparently the game is only 250 mb.

Because games nowadays NEEDS multiplayer to be fun to the average pleb, after all they like to say "it's fun with friends!"

But I don't have one, not until there's more games on it that I can't get on pc or another console

you dont get to ebin troll 8yo autistic children i guess.

any news on a pc release or is this never ever? DQ: hero's came so maybe?

i wasnt aware dq heroes got a pc release. if that happened, this is likely a timed exclusive for ps4.

Really too bad it's console only, because I'm really hyped for this game, and it didn't happen to me in a decade or more.

But no way I buy a console …

I'll just wait a few years until they port it to PC, or a few decades until PS4 emulation.

If it helps with hope, the cover doesn't have the "Only on Playstation" on the box, so there's a chance.

nice, that does look like good news

thats the japanese box though. did the japanese box have the same thing on it?

does anyone know how long the demo lasts? is it timed? does it freeze it after a certain objective? should i stop playing at a certain point and just roam?

You'll unlock some portal and when you try to use it it will tell you that's where the demo ends. You can keep playing in that first area though.

(impressive)

There's actually a good chunk of content in the demo if you explore enough. Has anyone fucked with that dragon?

>fucked with that dragon

dammit /monster/

he said WITH

awesome. im going to beat this demo to death just like Nioh. (does finishing the demo unlock anything in the full game?)

I doubt it, I do remember during the japanese beta if you kill the dragon you get a fancy ass couch, so theres that. But the dragon take so little damage and can kill you pretty fast so it's probly not worth it.

wait. if you die in the demo you dont respawn?

Well it lets you save, maybe you keep some of your progress?

Also, I just found out that I can't tunnel under mountains. It's even worse because I flooded the tunnel to make it more spooky and now it goes nowhere. Now I have to build goofy dirt bridges everywhere if I want to get around.

you cant tunnel under something? wtf? how do they expect you to mine? whats stopping you?

There's a layer of unbreakable(?) blocks about six blocks below ground level, maybe two/three blocks below sea level. Plus you run into mountain blocks, which can probably be broken with a tool you get in the real game. It's entirely possible that the depth limitation is for the demo only, which makes sense.

the demo is a pretty small download so that would make sense. but honestly, the meat of this game is on the surface so its not a deal breaker if its shallow. i havnt had a chance to explore the landmass. does it have a surrounding boarder as well?

It's surrounded by water, but there's more than just the little starter area if you climb over the mountains. The demo just doesn't let you build bridges to the other islands.

A friend of mine beat it with like, the second shittiest club you can get in the demo, and all he got was a big green comfy couch.

Honestly, it's not hard, just incredibly tedious. You only do one damage per hit unless you crit, which does about 10 damage. He does enough damage to kill you in three hits, but that's it. Most of the damage I've taken was from running into his hitbox as he rotates to face you.

you cant build bridges but you can travel?

Still sounds like a lite version of Terraria.

You can explore the little island it gives you, but you can't build out over the water surrounding you. So all the other areas you can see are off limits until you get the real game.

Yeah, you can kill it if you're patient. You get a comfy sofa

And now that I have it, I think I've done everything there is to do in the demo. Well, except getting the town to level 5, but fuck that.

terreria is worse than minecraft.

In what universe ? at least terraria has gameplay, it's not just about playing lego with other autists.

Terraria always looked like a shitty combination of Low G Man and Castlevania to me, as far as the gameplay went, aside from doing 2D construction.

HESH WANTS SEX

clearly we are not from the same planet.

most of it is build home, there is no real sense of progression because you can dig down and easily get end game armor.

Couldn't get past the tutorial, which drags itself for far too long and has too much dialogue. Even your character shows signs of being bored when the Goddess or whatever talks to you, but no level of self-awareness can get me through that much boredom.

Even assuming the game picks up after that, I think it reveals some fundamental issues, because the game seems way too kid-friendly and hand-holdy for my tastes. I couldn't even change the button configuration (fucking X to open the menu? Just no). This is all incredibly nit-picky, and I might give it another chance when I feel like it.

I find Terraria to be limited due to its 2D design. I honestly can't get into it and have the motivation to be creative when building stuff. Having a 3D world is just objectively superior in that regard.

How do you know you'll even be alive or capable of playing games in that time? This is probably why timed-exclusivity is still such an attractive deal (and a scummy practice too). You might as well just go for it, unless you can't spare the money for basic needs, which I can totally understand.

Doesn't look like it.

well this looks like shit

In what way?

Its fucking dead Jim, let it go.

Yeah no, Squeenix can go fuck themselves.

Hong Chong version is english and physical

Isn't it only in japan

With the shitty camera, why would you want to try to tunnel underground? Maybe if they add in a first person camera mode, but for now it's just a mess - which is why to build a room, you need four walls, but not a roof… because putting a roof on your house pushes the camera off to the side making it difficult to navigate, look around, or manipulate the interior.