So, at first MOBAs were real-time strategies with a single unit

So, at first MOBAs were real-time strategies with a single unit.

Now they became first-person shooters with a single gun.

Which genre is going to be butchestreamlined by ASSFAGGOTS next?

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/402570/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Shit games with twitch integration are starting to pop up let and right.

is the any genre left to be fucked over by esports?

we even have esports platformers

how would one make a roguelike as esports?

Sports and racing games

It's this faggot, I'm sure you'll have good ideas.

Why do people type like this?
It takes up so much space unnecessarily. It's fine to double space to break up paragraphs, but to break up every single sentence..
Anyway, I'd say the next logical step is to make a TPS "MOBA".

dat

reddit

spacing

You're right, i've been awake for too long.

The

more

space

the

has

the

more

attention

it

gets.

jRPG moba?

but Reper has 2 gunz user:^)

I'd play MOBA baseball and NBA game. Racing games have been perverted by arcade racing games with shitty handling since a long time ago though, so I wouldn't care if there was a MOBA racing.

I don't know, must be more unique abilities and strategy instead of player's reflexes.

dragons dogma

jRPG are too slow for the ADD riddled masses that pour their money on this type of game.

To this day this is the most retarded shit I've seen fags on Holla Forums come up with
I am amazingly surprised that people actually caught onto this and started using it unironically, and denying any kind of argument because someone uses too many spaces

This is such a retarded thing that I've seen fags trying to fit in by using this as an insult when the other person wasn't even leaving a double space
You people are so fucking cancerous that you might as well be form reddit, ironically enough these shit insults and logic that were used to "keep reddit out" invited it right over here

Kill youre selves

How is that different from any other MMO?

What?
You seem to be seeing things that aren't there, or assuming other's opinions are mine.
I asked why people double-spaced every sentence. I didn't say anything about spacing in general.

ASSFAGGOTS only effect ASSFAGGOTS, I coulnd't care less what genre they try to blend with next.

And I was talking about double spaced sentences, I thought it was obvious, but apparently it isn't for people that complain about reddit spacing

It's pretty obvious were it's coming from.

He never said anything about "reddit spacing", either.

That's what we thought about roguelikes, and look what happened.

m8 you're trying too hard to fit in

reaching much?

this aint reddit

Define "MOBAs." Is it just eSports shit now? Is TF2 retroactively a MOBA?

Do we have to go through this every time? Lurk more, there is a reason we call them cancer.

TF2 has classes, different weapons and no 3 abilities per class+ult

So does that make it a MOBA or no? Honest question, I thought it only applied to LoL, DOTA, HotS, etc.

Oh nevermind I see what you are doing

MOBA now means "anything I don't like."

It no longer refers specifically to a genre where there are specific lanes for NPC minions to run down, towers to destroy, currency with items to buy, etc. No, now it refers to literally anything where you hit a button to do something, so long as you personally dislike it.

Well, no. It doesn't have the structure like it does in Battleborn where you're collecting cash, spawning spots to create minions.

I mean, I see what OP is getting at. Actually I think I get it now. Never mind.

I really can't wait for MUDs to be streamlined

it'll introduce so many people to the genre,

resulting in more new games

maybe even better graphics
since MUDs are pretty cheap to make,

a triple A studio will guarantee a fucking intensive MUD

Ironic reddit spacing

Is still reddit spacing

Nobody cares you whiny cuck.

They're called CRAPCUNTS OP

:^(

Naw he's right to an extent but

I think he has a point as to making classes more specific re: limited to one weapon. But mostly eSports shitting things up.

Kind of. Still seems like a blurry definition to me.

Guilty Gear 2

no i'm not joking, Guilty Gear was the first to succumb to MOBA idiocy

Holy shit why?

My point fucking proven. Anything is a MOBA to you people as long as you don't like it.

I'm not defending these games. They range from shit to barely mediocre. But call a spade a fucking spade, not a rake.

Doesnt matter, thankfully it sold like shit

This tbh

Forced meme. At least ASSFAGGOTS provided a reference as to where the game comes from. CRAPCUNTS might as well mean "Arena Shooters I don't like because they stop people from playing this particular multiplayer FPS that I enjoy".

WEW

How is overwatch a moba?

It draws heavily from ASSFAGGOTS mechanics

Still trying to push that shit huh? Shit like overwatch smells and looks exactly like ASSFAGGOTS cancer. Sure it is a FPS now but its still on the same level

Nah

>>>/4chan/

This is literally a MOBA though, do you not see the towers spawning slow moving waves of enemies?

They play this trashand are probably paid to promote it user

Putting a little space between your ideas helps the eyes to digest what they're reading

its actually pretty simple

No?

(checked)
What mechanics does it have in common with ASSFAGGOTS?

There is proper formatting on this site and there is cancer like "reddit spacing".

Hotkey+Position heavy gameplay, Cartoony characters from different backgrounds/settings, Low skill ceiling, 3 chokepoints, Heroes instead of classes with no weapon swapping.

I swear every single person who uses these terms ia a fucking memespewing redditfag trying way too hard to fit in on this board. ASSFAGGOTS stands for Aeon of Strife Styled Fortress Assault Game Going On Two Sides. Overwatch doesn't even fit this description, it doesn't play like Aeon of Strife (as if any of you underaged fucks have ever played Starcraft), it isn't a fortress assault game, and it isn't a game where both sides are simultaenously attacking. Overwatch is just TF2 with more characters and abilities with cool downs and ultimates that turn tides of battle. Battleborn is a FPS "ASSFAGGOT" played straight. It plays exactly like Aeon of Strife. Also you're automatically retarded for using the term "MOBA" since that was coined by Riot Games to market LoL, even though we already had "Action Real Time Strategy" as a genre name before.

Check em

None of those things are even standard in "MOBAs", and there aren't 3 choke points on most maps. Is stock classic TF2 now a "MOBA"? You have different individual heroes with no weapon swapping, low skill ceiling, maps having 3 choke points, and everything else you mentioned.

Spoiler alart: *There is no definition of a MOBA because it is a marketing term.

Then call it an ASSFAGGOTS if you wish, even if the game mods are not even close to it. But don't try to force another derogative acronym just because some random user came up with the idea that wasn't even a general concensus on Holla Forums
That's why CRAPCUNTS is a forced meme.

Really?

That's more MOBA Metal Slug than a real platformer though.

it has platforms which you need to navigate through and stage hazards.

that's a platformer IMO

Awesomenauts was a fun game.

;_;

Quick, I'll summarize the rest of the thread

Super Smash Bros is a platformer now?
Will the genre autism ever end on Holla Forums?

It's how people on reddit type because their website is as retarded as they are and because reddit users don't like to be found out you've got those silly responses by people defending their habit.

Multiplayer Online Battle Arena, so pretty much everything.

As I said before "MOBA" was a marketing term invented by Riot Games. Anybody who uses it is an idiot.

All multiplayer games, got it.

Yeah, it's an action platformer with focus on battles between equal opponents (not trash enemies that can be killed easily without not much thought) in which you have to use the stage and hazards to outsmart your enemy.

It's a plat/fighting hybrid that same way wesomenauts is a plat/moba hybrid.
Hell, i actually don't know if there is actually enough in smash bros to even say it's half fighting.

No, this

It's a useless term since it's exchangeable
with "dota" but Riot wanted League of Legends to be its own thing while doing little to nothing else to differentiate it from the competition.

That's why we assfaggots, because it defines the genre of games better.
Though i don't remember what assfaggots mean anymore.

I know, but for the sake of clarifications let's say ARTS infected with eSports cancer as shorthand can be considered "MOBAs" or fucking ASSFAGGOTS or CRAPCUNTS, whatever.

The M stands for multiplayer. The O stands for Online. Specifically, PvP.

It's

Isn't crapcunts only for shooters though?

Also, OP (1) just left this here and abandoned thread to laugh at us. Fuck.

Good point. Splatoon is Nintendo's entry into the ever growing CRAPCUNTS genre. Discuss.

I'm okay with ASSFAGGOTS when taking in account the esports cancer surrounding it. CRAPCUNTS is too generalizing because it doesn't take in account whether the game was developed with an esports focus in mind or not, or if it has developed a esports scene arround it.
If we took the latter then fucking Splatoon would be a CRAPCUNTS since

I used to have to do this on 4chan years ago because fucking shitposters would type TLDR if you wrote more than 3 sentences in a row.

The spacing looks more natural like regular speech. Most people don't have much more than a couple sentences to say about any given thing anyway.

CRAPCUNTS is a forced meme only used by redditfags

Exactly.CRAPCUNTS is Ill defined/too broad. Still pretty sure this was a bait thread.

Calm down triggero-san

gee you fucking think?

Well then I'm glad I never heard it until today.

I just wanted to get mad at eSports…

into the trash

Fuck off back to plebbit. Trump will forever be the true incarnation of Pepe, not that disgusting old hag.

Fantasy and heresy.

Super Smash Brothers

>>>/reddit/
>>>/tumblr/

kek

No?

Platformer?

Quit pretending you're from here, with your piss-poor trolling form.

Get out.

you really are incurable. at least im glad to know you got mad enough at being told by me that you came to release your pent up butthurt in another thread.

anyhow, i came in here to say that before MOBAs shitted up RTSs and FPSs, RPGs were already shitted up because they have 1 role, no branching paths to play, very little in terms of "builds", and generic stories.

this is some advanced double trolling.

its reddit pretending to not be reddit by getting angry, because everyone on Holla Forums gets angry all the time at everything right? the more angry, the more Holla Forums you are.

they're using this logic to try and ruin threads.

not ironically using more spaces to piss you retards off, this board is a shithole and its all because mark lets you get away with derailing threads with stupid made up shit like "reddit spacing"

No?

No, it's not.

he can only be the incarnation of kek for 8 years maximum user.

OK you people are fucking retarded. Double spaced paragraphs on imageboards has been a thing for a long time since there's no indenting.

Will Hi rez allow people to dump their characters into SDK with no problem?

The CRAPCUNTS term is only showing buttflustered resistance now that we have general threads about this trash.
Wow, I wonder

we have this thread every day

We have CRAPCUNTS threads everyday as well coupled with a bunch of other generals.
Its not even vidya related, it literally vidya, so whats your problem?
Just hide the thread if you dont like it :^)

so this is a duplicate thread?

So you dont know what a duplicate is?

He means a rugga thread. And yes it is, or an imitation.

So you dont know what a Rugga thread is?

They've evolved. Call it what you like, but b8 is b8.

That do exist store.steampowered.com/app/402570/