Why do people suddenly defend Doom 3 after nuDoom became popular? Gameplay wise, both games shat on the original Doom...

Why do people suddenly defend Doom 3 after nuDoom became popular? Gameplay wise, both games shat on the original Doom. Doom 3 is System Shock 2 sequel without the RPG while nuDoom is fast paced Halo with gore. Why does Holla Forums pretend that Doom 3 is the better game?

Other urls found in this thread:

poal.me/3zs4aw
steamcommunity.com/id/ownosourus/recommended/379720/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

why do you make claims of people doing something incredibly specific without offering proof such thing ever happened? I know why: because you're a faggot OP and you have no clue how to start a thread without resorting to clickbait-tier OPs, also:

because new Idsoft is even more Jewish this time
it all comes down to antisemitism, as usual

at least this Holla Forums tolerates racism

because Ressurection of Evil wasn't too bad

for one.

Not for long shitlord

Still doesn't live up the original game tbh, but yeah, I wish nuDoom will get a similar expansion pack.

Nobody is defending Doom 3. They're just saying its better than 4. Holy fuck if you're this autistic then just stay away from all social circles.

don't go spitting self-fullfilling prophecies around like that, you know how meme magick works
im gonna retreat into IRC soon

Bitch, you best be joking. Doom 4 is nothing like Halo; Halo's notable innovations were the weapon cap (you could only carry around 2 weapons at a time, and had to drop a weapon to pick up a new one) and regenerating shields. Doom 4 has neither.

Why do you people keep replying?

Hi Ruggarell. I saw this thread yesterday.
Doom 3 isn't perfect but I have always thought it was a fantastic game, even if it's not a Doom game. Doom 3 kicks fucking ass in it's own right. NuDoom is just shit.

And fuck me for forgetting to sage this shit thread. It was on the front page anyway so whatever.

doom 4 is better than doom 3.

also the original doom is overrated averageness.

inb4butthurtfanfaggots

we don't faggot, doom ended at doom 2

But is Bethesdoom better than Doom? We know it's worse on the modding front.

Doom 3 is cramped, dark, and boring.

It's not.

This guy gets it. It was already settled in the other thread anyway

Take the poll kids! Vote "honestly." poal.me/3zs4aw

Nostalgia. They naturally root for the games of their youth. In 10 years, today's kiddies will fondly remember Doom 4 the same.

Too bad everything your shit game does, Doom 1&2 can do but better.

Everyone was disappointed with Doom 3 at release. Only Holla Forums seems disappointed with Doom 4. Doom 4 won't need nostalgia to be called a good game as it already is.

It's a case where people re-examine a game after not liking the direction the series goes instead.

NuDooM is better than the original

Holla Forumstards had a bandwagon hate campaing way before the game even came out, and to dont lose face they are doing desperate shit like saying 3 was better

Is it? I tried the demo wasn't incredibly interested. It wasn't terrible but it certainly didn't interest me enough to play until it goes on sale for cheaper.

I wouldn't say it's better but otherwise I agree. Very good but not great.

DOOM 3 WAS A TERRIBLE VIDEO GAME BECAUSE IT WAS DARK

I don't know I hate Doom 3
The people who play modern FPS are extremely stupid. I have even seen people complain that nuDoom was too hard and the maps where too confusing
because it is the better game relatively speaking

Trolls trolling trolls?

because Holla Forums is full of contrarian hipsters what the hell else is new?

It's really telling that the only thing NuDoom shills try and sell the game on is that it is slightly better than the bottom of the barrel. I think we should start calling it "Mighty No. Doom" because of that. "It's better than nothing!"

nuDoom isn't better than the original but it's definitely better than Doom 3. D3 was revolutionary for graphics but shit for everything else.

Doom 2016 is a better doom than Doom 3.
Doom 2016 had problems but it did a few things right like good enemy design and platforming.
Doom 3 was just bland all around. It was a bad horror game and a bad action game.

holy fuck just drop dead

Do you not like platforming?

Doom 3 isn't that bad…

Because it's great. So great, that it even got a shitty Downgrade version to sell it again.
Doom4 is a shit Bethesda FPS with the name of a popular franchise slapped on it. It's not Doom and will be forgotten in a few months.

There absolutely nothing good in ConsolePortDoom, not a single thing.

Is it just natural for Holla Forums to hate everything new, i mean i understand the hatred for Mafia 3, but c'mon now.

No really. What's wrong with Platforming in FPS? Doom 2016 was the first game to bring it back in almost 15 years.

Some anons hold that opinion, some don't. I like Doom 3, but it was not a good Doom game. It was an ok FPS. I have no interest in NuDoom because it looks like it plays like crap. I'm not even going to pirate it.

I found the platforming in the original Half life kinda annoying, Half life 2 just replaced them with the physics puzzles.

It's really not that bad. I shit on it because I compare it to Doom 1 and 2 which I'm old enough to have played and loved at release, but if I'm more fair and compare it to any single-player FPS in the last 5 years I can't think of anything that beats it.

That creates butthurt, because they didn't expect to surpass the original, but being worse than 3 hurts.
Carmack was still working on D3 while nobody involved in NuDood had anything to do with the original.
NoobDoom is generic shit.

Except for id mom.

PLATFORMING IS SHIT IN FIRST PERSON

I tried Doom 3 for the first time today. I have played and enjoyed the first 2. I played the demo of 3 around the time it came out, but I never bothered to play the full game.

So you get a cutscene and land on Mars. You have to find your way to the Marine HQ. Every NPC there is to talk to is completely useless. They just rumor about strange occurrences and "Delta Lab". Getting lost and having to backtrack a few times, I eventually make it to the Marine HQ and get yelled at by the sergeant. Then I just keep walking until I find the scientist I'm supposed to find. Demons attack, as if nobody saw that coming, and almost everybody on the base gets possessed. I'm not certain why the protagonist and other characters are spared. This is where the game starts to bug me. You have enemies to shoot now but there's only zombies, imps, and marine zombies. The combat is completely boring. The zombies walk towards you slowly and hit you. It's easy to shoot them. The marine zombies shoot and take cover, but killing them takes no effort. Imps are back and they have ninja skills. Just like in the older games, they're easy to kill just by avoiding the projectile. The only real danger is when enemies sneak up, but that doesn't happen unless you start going faster, which you might do if you're bored. You can open lockers by getting codes from voice recordings and they have extra supplies. Is there no way to open them without listening to the recording? I get that sometimes it's nice to be immersed in the story, but what if you've played a bunch of times and would rather have it more fast paced? I made it back to the Marine HQ and was told to help do something relating to communication. That's when I stopped playing. I was bored throughout and it just made me think about how much I prefer combat in old Doom.

Is there any reason to continue. Does the game get any more exciting?

Bethesda "id" has nothing do with the idsoft that made Commander Keen and Doom 2.
There is nobody working at "id", who was involved in Doom 1, 2 or 3.

nudoom isnt halo with gore, nu doom is an amalgamation of id software titles of years passed. it's a combination of mechanics from the likes of both Doom and Quake, as well as drawing from Brutal Doom, and even unreal tournament.

this isnt "halo with gore" it's practically a love letter to these old titles and you shit on it without knowing what it really means.

as for your question, doom 3 was never a bad game, it just wasnt a doom game. people went in with the expectation of it being like doom 1 and 2 and were disappointed to find a game more akin to resident evil; which is a fair complaint, but on its own merits, Doom 3 is a good game

and reminder this is coming from someone who plays and thoroughly enjoys every single doom title, from the original to 2016's.

jesus christ motherfucker
I actually really like nuDoom but you fucks are annoying.

You basically played the non-skippable interactive intro cutscene.
Yes, the campaign builds up tension when you continue through the various parts of the Mars stations, where it devolves more and more into "evil" until it drops you into hell a few hours in and becomes pretty awesome.
Don't forget playing the expansion afterwards, it's even better.
It's just not like the first Doom at all, you have to like Resident Evil style horror games and the exploration (reading the pads, listening to the audiologs etc.)

And don't play the "BFG edition" downgrade.
It sucks. Get the original Doom3 1.4

I did get the BFG edition. What's wrong with it?

It really doesn't benefit from not needing to switch to flashlight to a gun. I would assume that would be annoying in original game, but the game was really designed around the darkness, and it sort of made it into a basic shooter. Granted I still had fun with it.

There is no way to open lockers without listening to recordings or reading emails to my knowledge. I guess play on Veteran mode, the game becomes a lot more tense that way. The game is more of a slow burn type deal though, if you're expecting it to play like Doom 1 or 2 you'll be let down like I originally was.

While it's a fast-paced shooter, Doom^3 is a good horror game. D44M is a poor fast-paced shooter and a poor horror game. It has nothing left to fall on

also, it's been objectively proven that you move faster in Doom 3 than in nuDoom. You can really feel this when you compare the Knee Deep in the Dead remake in 3's engine to the retro unlock in 4.

and at the very least 3 doesn't have LOCKDOWN LOCKDOWN LOCKDOWN

Halo did not invent regenerating shields. Terra Nova: Strike Force Centauri did

that little green thing on the right? Shield indicator. Actually tracked it in four directions depending on where you were hit

*while it's a BAD fast-paced shooter

they turned the lights on

It's a shoddy console port, a graphical downgrade and basically broken.
Avoid it, get the proper PC version from 2004. Simply pirate the ISO and use the official patch from idsoft. It doesn't have any copy protection.
You can also get through it without needing the flashlight at all.

Is it that brighter? I remember some parts where it's completely pitch black.

I can best compare it to Super Paper Mario and Sticker Star, OP. A number of people didn't enjoy SPM they were lamers tbh because of how weird a change it was from the previous 2. Then Sticker Star came out and people had much more appreciation for SPM.

Doom 3, I had a download code for it but I've long since lost it, and judging from videos it looks meh. I actually played the nuDoom demo and fucking hated it. Oh boy it's Halo 6!

Might as well post this dumb theory: NuDoom was just taken over by Bethesda and Id couldn't do shit about it. Just like The Evil Within and Dishonored, but the damage was much more catastrophic this time. Fuck Bethesda holy shit.

Then why the fuck is it just Halo, retard?
Oh fuck off Todd, you're not even trying to hide your love of fagging up good games.

I want 4cucks to leave.

the guy in this video is a doom expert.

he says that doom 3 was trying to be something new and different and succeeded. Whilst nuDoom was trying to be and also advertised as being like doom 1/2 and failed miserably, it was just a move to bank out on nostalgia.

also see the comments of people defending this game. you don't want to be in their (retard)camp do you?

Eh, what's wrong with that.

Thats how Holla Forums has become just a bunch of contrarian hipsters.

You faggots dont play anything but keep running your mouths like you know anything.

Every time a game gets the treatment DooM4 is getting, its same thing. Not a single one of the faggots even played the game.

It's getting kinda' shilly in here. Everybody should wear a jacket.

Please tell us how the extreme enemy limits, chain-piñata, and Playstation-2-level-map-making make Mountain DewM a great Doom game. Without all of the Dane Cook level HAY GUYZ, REFERENCES crap, it would be just another bad shooter with more gimmicks than gameplay. Seriously, show people gameplay and don't tell them that it's supposed to be Doom, and people will ask if it's some crap banking on the name and iconography.

according to Holla Forums, no new games can be good

we all just need to be content playing fifteen year old japanese playstation games for all eternity

At least Doom 3 was its own thing that sort of knew what it was doing, NuDoom is just a Halo clone.

It really isn't, though. It plays nothing like Doom or Quake, it only has similarities to Brutal Doom in the way of executions and gore. From a gameplay standpoint, it's just Halo.
Like it if you want, but don't call it something it isn't.

Jesus shit, stop getting so butthurt a few people don't like a game you like. You don't need to employ logical fallacies to defend yourself.

No, it was castrated System Shock 2.

hey man nothing wrong with halo

but from what I've played of new doom it's far from anything like halo

even the lack of reloading alone makes a massive gameplay difference, and halo's movement is a lot more sluggish and floaty.

the games feel totally different lmao

While there are people still at id who were around during the early days, only a single person who actually worked on Quake or Doom still works at id.
Romero and Adrian Carmack are at Night Work Games now.
John Carmack works at Oculus.
Tom Hall works at PlayFirst.
Robert Prince is freelance as far as I can tell.
Dave Taylor ports Linux games now.
Shawn Green seems to be an independent programmer.
American McGee has his own studio.
Sandy Petersen hasn't done anything for nearly seven years.

The one guy who still works there is Kevin Cloud. A graphic designer.

Must suck having an extra chromosome, you fucking retard.

mcgee had nothing to do with dood

kevin cloud sucks big dick at his job then

Every single last person in that comment section deserves to fucking die. Pure, unfiltered, absolute cancer.

Okay, no. I hate Bethesda with a passion and it's PAINFULLY obviously they took over Doom 4 and gave Id the shaft, but this video is bullshit. He's just bad at games.

Nope, he sucks here so he's a scrub. I may hate Todd Howard but I hate scrubs more, so I'll swallow my pride for once. This clown has no skill and you need to suck it up.

There's plenty of reasons to hate nuDoom, and everything he mentions is NOT a good reason.

NIGGER, HIS NAME IS ON THE TITLE SCREEN

Doom 3 isn't a meme game

this niagra wouldn't be a fag if he had saged but he's a right fag

Oh no, whatever shall I do! I don't want to be on the on the wrong side of history here guys! This guy is a DOOM EXPERT, obviously what he says is gold and if you don't enjoy your free time like he wants you too then you're a loser! Geez guys, I was so blind.

I can't decide between calling you a Bethesdrone and agreeing with you that he's a stupid fuck.

He sounds underage or damn near it. He's a Doom autist speed runner, not an "expert."

He meant the new one.

He's just shit at games.

The biggest problem here is that anons either shit on the game (most of the time without even playing it first) or defend it like they have to rationalize their purchase.
Truth is, NuDOOM is an ok game, a 5-6/10 (not an "IGN 5").

Doom (2016) is great. :^)
God fucking speed!

He's an idiot then, but the other user specifically stated McGee had his own studio.

if you guys love nuDoom so much why aren't you replaying the campaign or play the dull deathmath for 10th time instead of posting there

God-fucking-DAMN I hate FaggotFist.
Ever heard his opinion on Fallout NV? He thinks it's too hard, so he likes FO3 better. He's a total fucking poser; he's a casual.

steamcommunity.com/id/ownosourus/recommended/379720/

I don't replay games, I already finished it on nightmare, and the multiplayer sucks. It was a great game, though. Holla Forums is still salty because they couldn't pirate it for a long time and it's too demanding for their destitute build. Reminds me of how Holla Forums used to cry about Crisis.

I like fast-paced Halo with gore.

If Gaylo was half as good as DooM4 i wouldnt have any problem wih it

Zelda cycle