Fire emblem

Which do you prefer? Fire emblem (7) or fire emblem: the sacred stones (8)? I prefer 7 honestly. 7 has a better story and feels like a better balance. 8 has more stuff, but the story and characters aren't as interesting, to me at least. What do you think? Also, fire emblem thread I guess.

Other urls found in this thread:

feshrine.net/hacking/savegames.php
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Both are shit, Genealogy of the Holy War is the pinnacle of the series

Both are the most boring and unoriginal games in the series
I pity the nostalgiafags that praise them because they were their first

Excellent story and characters but the gameplay is unplayable

That's where you're wrong. FE4 has the most fun gameplay and some of the most interesting mechanics in the series.

I would stay the arc of the story is great, but it's let down by the fact that most characters have half a dozen lines of dialogue at the most. I would love to see a remake, but I doubt it will ever happen.
I would stay the arc of the story is great, but it's let down by the fact that most characters have half a dozen lines of dialouge at the most.

The answer would unanimously be 7 no matter where you asked this, here it'll probably just turn into another DAE HATE AWAKENING/FATES thread. I prefer the Tellius games myself, but Fire Emblem as a whole has always been pretty mediocre. Not often worth replaying any of them.

Do i need to start with the first fire emblem if I want to get the story

the word you're looking for is "imbalanced" because the maps are so huge, those with high movement (mounted units) have a ridiculous advantage

This really isn't even a contest, 7 is far and away the better game, 8 is way too babby mode for the extra stuff it has to matter.

No. Only a few fire emblems really have their story connected, the best place to start is 7.

Marth Emblems are shit, Ike emblems have better plot but are unpolished
Awakening is the best standalone for a new player
Genealogy of the holy war is definitely not for everyone

7 gameplay is very boring and easy

No it's not, it's balanced, especially for new comers. I admit the prologue tutorial is a bit of a slog because of how hand holdy it is.

The games are mostly unrelated, though some have a sequel.
Path of Radiance (FE9) on the Gamecube epitomises standard FE gameplay, go with that if you can, it's easy to emulate. If you want something portable you could do worse than 7, it's where most English speakers started and might seem boring if you play it after some of the others.
4 is generally agreed to be the best game in the series by far, but it's unorthodox.

Don't bother with Awakening or Fates yet, they're kind of crap, despite what the legions of new fans will tell you.

So just like in actual warfare?

I also like the part of actual warfare where holy weapons give a 30 point stat bonus.

Is there a fire emblem game where mounted units don't have a huge advantage?

You are one of the anons making fullchan great again. Thank you.

:3

I've always wondered, what does Holla Forums think of the Gamecube and Wii Fire Emblem games?

Haven't played 8 yet, but I do think 7 is probably the best of what I played thus far. I heard 8 has you fighting demons, how is that not interesting?

Path of radiance was. Not sure about radiant dawn, but I heard it's usually considered the better ike game

I meant to say "was fun"

I felt the opposite, SS had a better and more cohesive story and characters (better supports anyway). I didn't play 7 until much later though.

Chronologically, Genealogy is the first in the series.

Hector > Every other lord

7. 8 is good too, but the maps were a downgrade.

Also this.

git gud

Yeah, especially with all the incest, child sacrifices and implied rape going on in the story. I doubt today's Nintendo would be willing to touch FE4 with a 20-foot poll.

Have you tried hard mode, or better yet, Hector hard mode? That mode ups the challenge quite a bit and even adds some new levels and characters. Here's a link to a completed save of the game with Hector hard mode already unlocked: feshrine.net/hacking/savegames.php

They're very good, but I personally prefer FE4 and the GBA games.

PoR is one of the best games. RD, not so much, but it's still okay.

SNES > GCN > GBA > others