Ty the Tasmanian Tiger

Seriously can we get a thread going about this handsome motherfucker? These games were the shit, they were like the Banjo Kazooie equivalent for the GameCube

Other urls found in this thread:

kromestudios.com/TY/
gcap.com.au/speakers/innes-mckendrick/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The steam port is pretty good, now that they fixed grass.

Isn't it still in EA?

But thats a ps2 game

No, It's independent. KROME completely owned the IP. EA only distributed.

Yep still is, dunno how the PC version is gonna compare to just emulating the game though.

the devs of Ty made Blade Kitten, she even has a Ty costume that you can buy if you find enough of the collectibles/money in game

i gotta say it wasn't too bad of a game.

I meant that it is on Steam in Early Access

That's what I thought, looks like the dev is still sending updates out at a regular interval at least.

Oh, Early access? Yeah it is. The port is basically done besides like some leaderboard shit.

Sorry, not into male tigers

you mean you wouldn't give him your cummies? :^)

A friend of mine had this.
It was shit.

I certainly remember playing it, but not much about what happens. I recall using mechs to fight fires?

Tasmanian reporting in.

lurk more

This game had a fantastic OST

The games were bad, not even mediocre but bad.

I don't agree.

I think that was in Bush Rescue more than the first. There might've been a mission like that in the first that I'm not remembering. It's been years though.

Guess I'm picking up that port once I finish a few of my other super backlog of games

We even have a Boss Cass banner, you know?

I have nothing to add but have a bump because Ty is great

Not sure what to discuss, how about favorite levels?
Mine were the Lenny Lyrebird level because I like how you had to do the opposite of what he said in order to progress through the maze, (It also made me laugh a couple times) and the "Bridge on the river Ty" level because of the music.

I legit am hoping for pc ports of them all. I doubt I'll get that but I'd love having an excuse to play all these again. Ps2 emulation is too intesive for my old computer

Megarang is the best, with Kaboomerang in close second.

After completing the game, I'd sometimes hang out in Beyond the Black Stump just repeatedly jumping off the cliff.

Opinion discarded

Were any of the sequels any good? Also isnt the pc remake made using unity?

Yes
and No.

they're still making Ty games
kromestudios.com/TY/

Also just want to say as an Australian game developer who was friend of friend of Krome developers, I'm glad they still exist. Its just they'll never be what they were in 2008 nor as good as when they were the God Tier Beam Software.

Now you made me sad -_- I really hate whats happened to Australia's industry. Krome are really the last of the greats and I hope they survive.

What are the modern Aussie Developers like?

Depends. The old guard are good guys, I spoken and worked with Pandemic, Team Bondi and Ratbag guys in the past and are really awesome. The rest- ie the Majority tend to be cancer tier SJW types with Pink hair or a penis where there shouldn't be one.

Yeah the industry got really bad. I've been solo the past 2 years because of it and have no intent of ever associating publicly with the local industry. I still can't believe how bad it got.

Gamergate really did a lot of damage, even though I fully support GG, so many went Anti-GG because the press and associations like the GDAA/IGDA forced them to. Now they all talk like a hive mind and like to bitch about the industry when their games don't sell, stating that the industry is "an old boys club and so there's elitism preventing our games from selling" nevermind that your game was just shit which is why it didn't sell.

We're in a lot of trouble. Its not good. I try not to think about it. At the moment I'm just gett'n gud till I get a product out.

I'll say too, Game Dev Students in this country are the most selfish entitled little shitheads, they actively go out of each others way to sabotage each other's employment prospects. I'm not cool with that. Generally Australian students don't appear to work very well in Teams, they're narcissistic assholes and I'd really hope that changes soon because its having very bad effects on employment in Australia's games industry.

Gaming industry is a ship thats sinking because of holes from every end of the ship. Core gamers, Casuals, people coming into the industry that don't even like games. We're all responsible for its shit state. It's gonna come down, and i recommend you be ready for it.
by not caring anymore of course

I've seen the worst the industry has to offer. I was ready years ago.

You know our industry is fucked in Australia when shit like this is happening
gcap.com.au/speakers/innes-mckendrick/

… yeah…

Make bad game, rip people off, Please do a talk on gays we'll pay you for it.

do your self a favour.. don't click on the schedule.

Good for you my man. It's a shit reality i'm growing to deal with. I got into 3D modelling and every day i fucking thank my lucky stars for choosing that of all things. When gaming tanks, i've still got it. Movies, Tv shows, Online shows, ect ect. Options are limitless.