Space Thread: Sieg Kaiser Reinhard Edition

Who would you follow in the journey to conquer the sea of stars?

Other urls found in this thread:

canopy.uc.edu/bbcswebdav/users/gibsonic/Snaiad/snduterus.html
gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=list&tags=houtengeki
pixiv.net/member.php?id=93360
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=762354003
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

fucking jews cultists, they ruin everything

Oh boy, more LotGH posting.
WHEN THE FUCK IS FLAGSHIP COMING OUT HOLY SHIT.

The one time an anime almost made me cry

I was confident that Reinhard would die, but the deaths Kircheis and Yang caught me completely off guard.

It hurts to live…

Does Louis get bullied the whole anime?

These two images side by side made my day a little brighter, and I couldn't conceive of a way this could have happened. Thank you user.

Yeah, he's the only negro in the entire universe.

I'd follow Miracle Yang

Rainhard is an egotist

What a pleb.

That's pic related though.

What the show suggests, and what I generally find to be true as well, is not that a republic (it's not a democracy) in and of itself is a bad form of government, but rather, like all other forms of governnent, it typically winds up being coopted by assholes.

The rank and file officials were actually fucking based. It was just that their work was undermined by the ones at the top more worried about being reelected than doing a decent job. Kind of just like real life.

Best ship incoming!

Venator only interesing thing is that is also a good carrier. Star Destroyers II and Paellon star destroyers are much better ships anyways.

That's not true, he was way better than Yang.

The idea of the show was that Reinhard and Yang were both right and wrong at the same time. The whole message of the show is that both democracy and dictatorship are viable political systems that often get co-opted by faggots.

It's really not that fucking hard to grasp guys.

The part where

tends to be ignored, mainly because the viewers are the faggots.

Buy the fucking books, goys.

And best starfighter here:

Thats why I consider the Vulture awesome. Its legacy wakes rape-traumas in Clone wars veterans, so much that it hurted the Imperial Navy doctrine.

Agreed

Well, to be more exact, the whole message of the show is that there is no perfect political system and that ideologies outlive their usefulness and that changes need to be happening so that history doesn't stagnate. Yang lived in a corrupt democracy that was being slowly destroyed by a benevolent Empire, but even then he wanted to protect the ideals of democracy not only because he believed in them, but also because he knew, no matter how benevolent the Empire would be, it would slowly grow tyrannical over time.

On the other hand the Empire starts off as tyrannical but undergoes changes to show that the ideals of dictatorship aren't inherently evil and have their own place in the world.

Not only that but both Yang and Reinhard are aware of that fact, and Reinhard even AGREES with Julian in some cases at the end of the series. After Julian of course proved himself to him. The whole idea is that both the Empire and the Free Planet's Alliance are necessary to each other in a way.

You can't just pick a side and say that it's the right one. They're both right, and they're both wrong.

Post, and explain, your favourite, and most hated faction of the main Sci-fy universes!

Best: Galactic Empire.

The empire did (almost) nothing wrong. Just replace Palpatine for any other guy, and things would have become better. Best fleet in the universe. Good yet simple aesthetics. Promoting unity and order in a galaxy full of outer rim niggers, anarquist corellian spoiled kids who swallowed too much republican propaganda, and fighting against barbarians menaces from inside and outside the galaxy!

Worst: Republicans
Even during their conception, the Republic was a clusterfuck. Literally just a clique of oligarchs, underrepresenting the galaxy, with just the entire Senado representing only a part of the galaxy (And im excluding the outer rim, mind you!), while being composed of a hughe and shitty bureocracy, that shouldnt even exist.

Every time the Sith came, even when the Republic was not weak, they still got their shit fucked up. And during the Clone Wars, The entire Republic had to be forced to resort to clones, just to even try to be even to separatists. Rebel scum is shit because they try to revive the zombie that the Republic was; But they are better than them because at least they are fighting with little resources, using gorilla warfare, agaisnt the might of the empire.
And they have some excuses too, since Palpatine started sniffing to mauch dark side, and started doing bad stuff. And also with the Empire not punishing Tarkin for blowing up Alderaan (That was full of rebels and weapons anyways, regardless of what rebels say)

Best: Cardassian Union:
Based species of fascist union of people fighting for their civilization wellbeing, agaisnt a dangerous galaxy of Borgs. Proud species, that value highly warfare and combat, but arent as obsebsed and retarded like the Klingons. Ship design was repetetive but cool anyways.

Pajama-boys hipters who use the books "Brave New World" and "Das Kapital" as manual to create their federation. Faggots who always try to become the UN in every conflict, instead of fighting or doing realpolitiks.

Also, their ships are unapealing bland shit, that woulndt scare even a chihahua.

Best: The Imperium of Terra.

FOR THE EMPEROR

Worst: Anything Chaos related
Heretical scum, and a danger to all existance. Enough said

Best: The Goldenbraun empire.
Aristocratic empire, reborn from the old empire, replacing the old and exhausted high aristocracy with new blood. And giving more power to the aristocracy, to not make the Emperor not too powerfull.
Ships are strong and beautifull Starfighters are cool with their mobile quad-cannons. Too many dangerous pillars on the ships, tought

Worst: Federation
The same is said like with the SW Republic. They were more invested in small political shit, and in fighting each other, than to defend their own people.
Ships are cool, tought.

Dumb animu vidya question: how would you design the controls for a game that was based around the Outlaw Star? It looks like you'd need a fuckload of sticks for movement and arm articulation. I was thinking having twin stick with modal controls, so if you activate the arms, the controls switch from general spess movement to the two sticks controlling the arms and pedals to control other things. A dance mat maybe? It'd be way easier but far less cool if it was limited to 2D, like if it were a mech game or something.

Though, I don't really have plans to make it into a game, just thought about it one day and wondered how hard it would be to make into a VR game about grappling space ships.

Why no Gundam Space Game?

FACTION UPDATE
Alright CMDRs, since I have no way of ever finding out if Fdev has actually put our Player Group into their system yet, I figured we could move on to the next part of the application. So here are the things we need to create a minor faction:

How do I establish a minor faction?

So what does a minor faction get me in Elite Dangerous?

What’s the limitations and policies for a minor faction?

Furthermore take note of these items:

If the system that you are applying to contains any of the following systems, it will be rejected: Sol, Alioth, Achenar, Lave, Cemiess, Sirius, Robigo, Rauta, Eravate.

1) too many applications to said system,
2) reserved system,
3) lore important system,
4) locked out by request of Frontier.

Please list your PRIMARY desired system as your first choice, secondary and a tertiary input are required if your primary system is in use. It should look like this…
1) My Primary System Here
2) Second System
3) Third System

since the process takes literally 6 months+ to get the minor faction into the game, there are some serious concerns that while waiting, another group of players will be added in to our requested system. There can only be one player faction per system, so we will need autists capable of playing online and searching for systems that are not claimed by other factions. Often times, folks on the forum suggest doing recon over potential systems to make sure no player faction exists there yet before filling out this section.

i dont remember Yang having the superior force in the whole show, Yang always manage to draw the fight and get the hell out of there before it got even more uglier.

I already have and today i went to my bookstore to file a pre-order on the third one.

They just dissolved the Senate when he did that. Ignoring all the EU bullshit, and just putting the movies out there on their own, the destruction of Alderaan was entirely so that the politicians that just lost their jobs couldn't, or at least would have a harder time, getting the general populace to join the Rebellion as revenge for their lost jobs.

I'm sure its better if I actually read the EU, but the movies gave a perfectly reasonable explanation for the Death Star on its own. Stuff added later like the Eclipse would make more sense for fighting an actual war.

Kamille was also a whiny hot headed brat. He also happened to be going mental for the entire fucking series.

Kamille was literally the best developed character in the gundam franchise by far though, he's the only character with dynamic change that reasonably changed with the series of event in any anime.

People that dislike Kamille are just betas that can't handle such a macho guy

Yes, Sheev was just preparing the galaxy for the Vong and that meant some unscrupulous actions had to be taken. Too bad the Rebel Scum never found out the truth and Coruscant got sacked and they lost their precious Nu Republic

No, it's the Jedi. Every single era that has a Republic and Jedi Order they work side by side (Actually just the Jedi jewing the Senate) doing everything wrong, look down on anyone that didn't have enough Midichlorian juice in their mommy's womb, manipulate parents into surrendering force-sensitive children into their death cult using the Sith (which hadn't been around for a long time in the Prequel era) as a boogeyman to justify their actions. Then drag the entire galaxy into war despite their bullshit rhetoric about being peackeepers and consistently show themselves to be ineffectual commanders with no empathy to the disposable men under their command.

The Star Trek MMO makes the Federation even more retarded than I have ever seen

He managed it in Vermillion by splitting the Reinhard's fleet. Yang also evened his odds against Reinhard by manipulating the battlefield to in Astarte and his Iserlohn. But yeah, most of his 'miraculous victories' were just giving the Empire a bloody nose and retreating without casualties.

I don't think, outside of the capture of Iserlohn, he ever managed to be in a battle where he didn't take sizable losses.

It's just that he managed to have far fewer casualties than was conceivable under the conditions he was constantly placed in.

Yang has no vision, he will never accomplish anything and can only ever react. Reinhard is making a better world.
While Yang may be a better tactician, he has no real ability to use his battlefield victories to make lasting gains. Reinhard springs back from every setback into a position of ever greater strength that he uses to improve his position even further. This is why the keeps winning the war, even while loosing some of the biggest battles.
For example, when Reinhard is attacked on the home front by the nobles running the empire, he crushes their revolution and crowns himself emperor.
When Yang ended the coup in the republic, he went back to service keeping his head down, while a new crop of corrupt politicians took over the country and ran it into the ground, eventually causing the republics downfall.

His battles weren't bloodless, but most of his retreats were, because his opponents always think it's a trap.

More like no will. His only aim is keeping democracy alive, and you can hardly do that as a military dictator.

the ships crew are humans, user, even if they are not main characters.

hell not even Reinhard did everything, he left that shit to his wife and that cyborg guy.

And this is achieved by letting blatantly corrupt politicians sell the country out to its enemies in the hope that they can secure themselves comfortable positions under their new overlords?

its not his fault that people are stupid.

In a system where people elect their officials, if you claim to stand for democracy you have to respect their vote, even if they vote for human trash.

I can give you that he was developed, but he was going mental by the end of the series and the newtype shit was quite questionable even at the start. Do you not remember him looking between his legs in the interrogation room and seeing the fucking stars? Or how about when he opened his helmet to the vacuum of space in front of Emma because he was going nuts from everyone dying.

Sadly goes with the territory of defending a republic.

Reinhard might be a benevolent dictator, but he is on a power trip, thinking the galaxy is his.

See, when he took over the empire he already held 2/3'rds of the known systems. He could have easily ended the war then, but he didn't. Because he wanted more. Nothing would ever be enough for him.

I have no great love for democracies, but Reinhard never sat well with me, simply because he desired more conquest.

It's not exactly that he wanted more control, it was just an excuse to focus on anything but his lack of will to live with Kircheis and Annerose no longer in his life. The only reasons he did anything at all. Take away war from Reinhard and there's nothing left. And you know goddamn well why they couldn't leave it alone, the fuckers at the FPA signed their own death warrants by taking in the "legitimate" empire nobles.

How so? I dont play that game.

He could have had piece if he wanted to.

And didn't he marry somewhere around that time?
If the fucker really has nothing to live for but conquest, he SHOULD kill himself.

Newtypes are like psychics who form bonds that are much closer than normal humans and can feel everything a person is feeling to put perspective of his mental state by the end of the series he watched all his friends die in front of him then felt the pain and sorrow each of them felt as they died and passed on. Kamille was the character who actually was effected the most by the war by losing each of his parents, friends, and mentors. Literally anything where he had a sense of belonging was washed aside

he just wanted to conquer the stars, save his sister and drink with the redhead guy, but his sister got raped anyway, he coundnt kill the emperor, redhead guy dies because huurr duur no weapons allowed and the magician died, leaving him all alone in the galaxy with noone to fight against. He just gave up on life.
Wife?
Kid?
nah, fuck them.

Yes, I realize that. In case you didn't read the "driven mental by everyone around him dying" part. Even without Paptimus mind fucking him, he was at the point where he needed to not be on the battlefield anymore.

Sadly, you are right that they never do that part of Newtype powers any justice outside of him. They made a half hearted try with Quess, but it was shit, and Quess is the absolute worst.

The Terran Empire seems more reasonable than the Federation.

Be more descriptive, please.

Kamile was literally the equivalent of an unsanctioned Psyker from 40k. With nothing to help keep the voices in check he's just going to be lost to the madness. Kind of tragic honestly

The Federation literally oppress their population, blockade planets, slave trade, even perform assassination missions against heads of organizations that dare speak out against their tyranny. I wish my harddrive didn't fail cause I had a host of pics that I could show you. On top of this the Feds are beyond retarded and literally wrong at every turn, distabilising the entire quadrant at every turn. There's a mission where they board a Civilian Romulan Medical Facility that is researching cures for diseases and blow it up. Quite literally the Federation blow up a civilian hospital and shrug it off cause "lulz, we do no wrong!".

There couldn't have been peace even if he wanted it, the space jews wanted him to conquer all of it before offing him. And again, FPA became an offensive hypocritical shadow of its former self when it housed the FUCKING remaining Goldenbaum dynasty. Reinhard could not have been allowed to ignore that, they had just obliterated the high nobles, this became a continuation of that.

His body was way ahead of him on that front.

I am convinced he never loved Hilda and that it was just another distraction from the void of his life. He couldn't legitimately love anyone but his sister and Things Would Be Better If He Were Here.

To be honest, that last one with the hospital is because the player is being manipulated by a shape shifting alien who is trying to start a war between the Federation and the Romulans.
There is no excuse for them ignoring the Klingons warnings of such shapeshiters infiltrating planets all over the quardrant, and going so far as to go to war with the klingons when the klingons hunt for said shapeshifters lead them to invade other nations. Then it turns out one of the Federations chief diplomats was a changeling. Ooops. And some high ranking officers on the most important station in the federation where also a Shapeshifter and not discovered until said station was attacked and overrun by a fleet of Shapeshifter ships. Ooops.
That last bit is what it takes before the Feddies sue for peace with the klinks and try to actually help them deal with the shapeshifters…

Its not that Reinhard needed an excuse to invade the FPA. They where still at war with them at the time, even if neither side was invading the other at the time.
The point of the high nobles seeking asylum, was that they where extremely unpopular with the greater population after the Libstad revolt, on account of the whole "nuking their own worlds to keep the dirty peasants in check" thing. So it wasn't an excuse Reinhard needed to invade, but it was a fantastic Casus Belli for resuming that war that the population of the empire was enthusiastically behind. So it was more a matter of insuring public support for resuming the war, than finding a reason to do it in the first place.

The best is how Mon Mothma is proven to be a complete shit leader of an actual government. She nearly destroyed the New Republic in a few month after its inception.

Technically STO is an alternate continuity from the TV shows, movies, and completely separate from book continuity (the one where they finally grow a spine and purge the Borg). The Federation goes full retard despite dropping all pretenses of being peaceful explores and militarizing like crazy (they deploy carriers and battleships apologetically now). They start another war with the Klingons (to be fair Klingons always chimp out and act like niggers whenever they don't have their way), fight a 3 to 4 to 5 way war with the Borg, what's left of the Romulan Empire (the JJ Romulus exploding shit is "canon" in this verse though the playable Romulans are a part of the "Romulan Republic" who are basically privateers who side with either Fed or Klingons), the Tholians, and the Undine (the shapeshifting Species 8472 from Voyager). Then they throw a fit over the idea they should perform joint operations with the galaxy's superpowers to fight off all the fucking Borg and Tholians and shit. Then the Dominion rape DS9 because wormhole ayys lol. Then the Romulans discover a Stargate to a working Dyson Sphere and they discover the Iconians were the ones who manipulated the entire game's plot. Then the Feds, Klingons, and Romulan Space Pirates form an alliance but that doesn't mean Klingons get Starfleet ships because they generally don't get shit.

Then Delta Quadrant happens and the Federation manages to out retard their previous retardation by forcing EVERYONE to side with the Kobali (basically a reverse Borg) even though they are holding Vaudwaar stasis pods hostage. The Vaudwaar have also become a group of overpowered trenchcoat nazis because Iconian magic and mouth parasites. They nuke the snake nazis and find out the Iconians are going to war with them. So they get Sela (Tasha Yar's Paradox Baby) to fuck off somewhere while they fight Iconians. But the galaxy somehow remains largely unaffected by the Iconian War despite their ability to teleport to anywhere at a moments notice, so they tell boring stories in blog posts on the game's website instead of putting that in the game. Somehow they made the Iconian War arc worse than the Reapers in Mass Effect 3. But the absolute worst is when they get the Krenim to use Time Travel to fix the Iconian problem (your Feddie captain doesn't even mention the Temporal Prime Directive in this dumbfuckery and the others are just along for the ride). Then it doesn't work because Sela came back and it's revealed she caused the Iconian War by shooting one of them in the past and we just awkwardly stop the war by giving them their magic bowling ball after they blew up Earth Spacedock the second time. Fuck the Federation. I'm not even going into the Temporal Cold War from Enterprise because everything so far has been beyond stupid.

TL;DR: Fuck the Federation, they are evil retarded scum and are treated like they do nothing wrong.

The New Galactic Empire did nothing wrong.

Pretty much this.
Feddie story missions are basically you going to different places, meeting new species or species you already know, have a small wall (sometimes large wall) of text thrown at you and then you start playing photon torpedo volley ball.

As Romulans you have a pretty neat revenge plot against a Tal Shiar commander who massacred your colony while you were still on it.

And the Klingong story lets you fight your way through feddies and even brings you to klingon hell to punch klingon satan in his ridged dick.

u wot m8

I'll continue on anons tale by telling what happens in the temporal cold war (which isn't cold at all, there are ships shooting at each other and retcons made left and right!).

So we start off after the awkward peace party of the iconian war, as our stalwart captain Fleet admiral Playerus Charactericus, is exploring a planet because everyone else was banging bitches on the holodeck.
We discover a warp capable alien race on a moon orbiting some gas giant.
We then initiate first contact which is very lame since we only talk with one of their scientists who is trying to stop their sun from shutting down (which was the reason why we even went to that system in the first place, to check out the odd sun that was about to shut down).
So we help the scientist and her plan of firing a fusion warhead at warp speed at the sun didnt work, so we start thinking about evacuationg the moon, when Doctor who A COMPLETELY ORIGINAL CHARACTER, KAL DANO, comes around on his shuttle sized time ship that is bigger on the inside than the outside, to help us save the aliens.

But after using his deus ex machina console called Tox uthath, some Tholians warp in and demand to get the mcguffin.
We fight off some Tholian boarders aboard Dano whos ship and they steal the thingy anyways, so we start chasing them.
On the next episode (mission) we encounter the Tholians near the planet of Na'Kuhl where they shut down the local sun for seemingly no reason, we then wrestle the console away from them, time warp with dano to the past risa and hied it there so jean Luc can find it during the next generation and then return back to the present only for dano to get shot and then fall through a time rift to past and die there.
After that we get introduced (again) to the temporal cop who helped us during an earlier story arc when we got to some sorta alternate timeline where Tholians were ruling the galaxy.
We then fish dano's body from the time vortex and answer a call from the angry Na'Kuhl who don't really like it that their sun is not on anymore.
Next episode, time agent takes us to the future to witness the signing of the temporal accords, for some reason, but the whole ordeal gets torpedoed by Noel, a Krenim scientist who invented the time ship mentioned in the previous post, as he is declaring the temporal accord null and attacking the station with his fleet of his own ship, some Krenim ships and some Na'Kuhl ships.
After that we time warp back to the present where we confront Noel before he has started this bullshit, he escapes and starts the bullshit.

I don't even remember all the shit that went on after that, but this is pretty much what happens afterwards.
We end up making enemies out of some time traveling aliens, headbutt with the Na'Kuhl in the past, causing a Romulan planet to get nuked by a planet killer, then we run around corridors on Earth while the Dominion war is raging (because time travel), we snatch the tox uthoth which Picard apparently didn't destroy and take it to the future where temporal agent Chekov, voice acted btw, takes it and uses it aboard Enterprise-J to destroy some sphere builders during a large battle.
Oh and terran empire was there too a bit, just for shits and giggles and so is temporal agent Daniels from the enterprise series.
Also the end of the temporal war arc ties to the TOS character arc (yes, we can now make feddie TOS characters with their own tutorial section and tutorial star map).

On the government topic, I like the United Citizen Federation from Starship Trooper. I like the fact that voting and reproductive rights have to be earned and not any Twitter-educated retards can do it.

they were to drugged to know what were they doing, but i think they wanted to kill yang and the blonde brat to keep the neverending war

A lot more than 6 million died in the wars with the FPA. Unity is worth it though.

Your explanation ignores the fact that Palpatine engineered the Clone Wars.

Don't forget that they added "Agony Phasers" as a weapon type recently, which are a direct upgrade to regular phasers in that they can disable a whole ship for a short amount of time instead of a single subsystem, while causing a DoT effect that is supposed to emulate the fact that they integrate the Terran's agony tech (Agony Booths, Agonizer) which allows them to inflict intense pain on others.

The Agony Phasers are some of the most expensive/valuable weapons in the game, especially the omni-directional array.

==UMMMMMMM=

I don't think is a video meme

???

this isn't gmaes ok?

Unless you're gonna fix this with some anime titties you need to

STOP

All this talk about LotGH and no one has actually played the game?

Are you anime tits?

I have a catgirl.

I have.

That's pretty oppai, where's that from.

my apologies

I found a copy a while back but haven't played it yet. How was it?

I don't know moon.

No idea.
sorry

dang it, we need more

Not too bad. The battles are really drawn out and everything has a half second delay to your orders to make it difficult to micro but that might just be to make your orders feel like orders rather than moving your fleets. Unfortunately since everything is in moonrunes you can't really play it at a high skill level. Also fuck planets.

Bumping with a good goy ship

Accept it user.

Don't matter if its the Mirror Universe version of the Fleet Version, Vo'quv is still best carrier you can get that isn't a lobi ship.

Thank you user with the 1911 GET. I had forgotten about Doctor Who and his Tardis. It should be noted that the Planet Killer was the Doomsday Machine from TOS (though that should have been obvious, but the Undine have their own weapons that get called Planet Killer) and Scotty helps you and old Chekov save the day (voiced by Doohan's son Chris because Jew Jew wouldn't let him be Scotty in the movies).

I fully expect Disney to out-retard Star Wars within the year though if they haven't already.

Just another casualty of the trading autism in that game and their shit balance forcing everyone to be DPS fiends since Delta Rising

Is the ED Group user in the thread?

This thread seems to be falling off the board faster than the last one.

they posted a few hours ago

Thanks.

I would go for a Prison Colony. Maybe on fringe of the Empire I don't know many systems there.

Most Space games are either now being revealed as scams like SC, shit games like ED or vaporware like Mandate.

Nothing much to live for anymore.

No, I think we are bumplocked.

Already?

They probably saw all the anime and thought "this can't possibly be a video games thread", because they don't even read threads, just look at the first few posts.

We've been having space threads for a while now, oh well, let's make a new one then.

Well we could also find a way to yell at Mark about it as well.

Will there ever be a Zapp Brannigan game where you fuck over everyone by a mixture of your incompetence and amusement?

So many things hidden in this vault that could be really bad for the Federation if the rest of the quadrant knew.

Does anyone else still care they're holding on to Genesis Devices? Would have been useful shooting off one inside Iconian Herald Spheres instead of having that stupid Klingon send an entire armada to the grave and accomplish nothing

We're bumping again.

Bomb his new home

Better, I replaced the leaders of the planets by my operatives and quietly took control. When 'first contact' was made they simply joined my empire without any resistance. They were some sturdy reptilians that I made into my shock troops, slaves of course, only humans are allowed citizenship.

You could also bomb his farm and his waifu and blame it on a meteor but where is the fun in that?

This seems rather backwards, but I have taken to using the report thread function to tell hotpockets that they are retarded and need to unbump the thread.

I'm planning on looking around systems in my free time, but I would really appreciate help from others on this effort. Only so much my autism can do

I mean un-bumplock, holy shit

Why even live?

ah man of great taste, didnt even need to know moonrunes to know what the fuck was happening.

funfact, this guy is the voice actor of the Bentusi.

We definitely need a wacky fun zapp game

Is that Stellaris?

Yes

Actually, that one mission did more to win the war than all the battles fought until that point.
Keep in mind the Iconians had billions of ships in that sphere. Enough to litterally blot out the sun in there. The only problem they had was actually getting them out of the sun before they had completely overrun the galaxy.
They had won nearly every single battle they fought against the alliance of everyone else.
To be blunt, the alliance was overstretched and crumbling, defeat assured unless they did something different.
And the mission did accomplish what it set out to do. They killed an Iconian. There's only 12 of them of the entire species and we'd only seen 3 of them taking part in the invasion itself. So, while the victory was pyrrhic, it did manage to kill one third of the enemy's effective high command, throw a second third into chaos as its commander completely flipped her shit, leaving only a third of the invading army effectively fighting.
And its not like the war could have been won by continuing to try take them on head on like they had been.

If anything bugs me the most its the last mission of that arc, where you have to go back in time and assassinate the 12 Iconians before they escape the original destruction of their homeworld, and the player is never allowed justify is never allowed to actually try to complete your mission, but is instead forced to save the 12 very Iconians who will latter try to wipe out all life in the galaxy. You can't even tell the klink captain who desperately wants to save them to fuck off and do his job or remind him what is at stake if the Iconians actually survive. You even have to give the worst of the iconians the idea that living for nothing but revenge against everyone else is a good thing. You simply can't progress the mission until you do so.

If you check the board logs it wasn't even Mark that bumplocked. That retard Lime did

Why the fuck should he care about the space Jews or the Goldenbaums?
He's the Kaiser!
Didn't he fuck over Kazinski and his little merchant state?
And what power do the Goldenbaums even have? They are of no further threat to him.
Not to mention, did he even ask for the surrender of Goldenbaums in exchange for peace? I don't recall him doing that.

Then we yell at Mark about Lime being a faggot again.

I just want a reason to yell at Mark.

FUCK YOU MARK! FIX YOUR BOARD!

Incoming superior alien planet.
Only planet where some predators can LITERALLY fuck you up.

canopy.uc.edu/bbcswebdav/users/gibsonic/Snaiad/snduterus.html

burned pernamemtly to my retinas

Read the anatomy part. That thing under the "head" is the mouth part.

The head is where the reproductive organs are situaded

Pretty much this. It's board tradition to call Mark a kike and fix his board. Same reason with Hotwheels.

What's the point of a ground mode?

The guy designing these has issues

They can launch their torpedos/missiles.

Sometimes you must enjoy simpler things in life.
Pirating now. Whats the latest version?

1.2.5 (328a)

Thanks.

The thing is they pulled that stunt twice. Once to send a fleet as a distraction for a strike team that didn't even succeed in killing T'Ket (and the loss of her arm doesn't seem debilitating to her) because the Klingon was too busy being a gloating nigger instead of finishing her off. When they killed M'Tara (again at the cost of a massive fleet) they just pissed off the neutral Iconians (along with any Diplomacy fags in the fanbase) and encouraged them to purge the Alliance and for some reason they don't launch any devastating strikes on anyone (unless that shit was covered in the blog I didn't bother to read) since the Alliance's battle fleet was effectively crippled. This also happened after the coalition discovered that not even half of the Iconians were even involved with the fighting or wanted to continue the war. The crippled fleet is why they resort to ignoring their own rules and try using Time Travel as a weapon and it turned out they inadvertently made the Sphere Builders with their fuckery and in turn the Temporal Cold War.

There's also the problem with the Heralds. Midnight revealed they had some kind of personality of sorts, even if it is all "I love my master" but no one explores the use of slave armies or thralls in the war. Of course everyone has been wondering since the beginning why people like the Federation don't have legions of Androids and Hologram troopers doing the legwork in most combat situations. It's the same bullshit with the Prometheans in 343 Halo where the slave army serving the bad guy is just things for the players to shoot lasers at.

But Midnight is insulting not just because the war arc went to shit right away and stayed shit until it ended shit. ESD gets nuked, again, and it is not commented on neither are the repurcussions to the destruction of ESD for the second time. Sela comes out of nowhere after hiding the whole arc with Gamma Quadrant Dominion, who proceed to do fuck all. Then the game forces you to be sympathetic to the Iconians who are too stupid to understand the concept of tech sharing or were somehow unaware that hoarding their tech not only made them a target, but the other "lesser" races would have felt like hostages constantly being at their mercy. It's so bad that they openly discuss nuking Iconia in broad daylight. Klingon cap's shitty pleas to spare the Iconians are just shitty fee fees nonsense and everyone blows him off until the bombing starts and suddenly everyone is doing exactly what he wants. Sela does not take advantage of this opportunity to blast stragglers while they are scattered and confused, especially T'Ket or M'Tara, just so the mission can end with "Predestination paradox lol" and giving them the magic bowling ball so they can stop blowing up ESD even though T'Ket still wants to fight everyone.

The only redeeming feature to STO now is that I like some of the Tier 6 refits of existing ships (the Temporal stuff isn't bad but fuck you if you think I'm spending 13k Zion coins on that shit)

Also it's fun how they revealed in a blog post that the Sphere builders have been killing off entire universes while trying to change the physical properties of those universes to better suit themselves, so they could stop lurking in sub-space.

So thanks to Klingon feefees, we have billions of direct casualties from the Iconian war, destruction of Romulus and thus tangentially the birth of JJ-verse, crippling damages to RR, Klink and Feddie fleets AND the deaths of infinite amount of people on near infinite amount of universes the sphere builders went and destroyed.

Isn't it also funny how the "retardedly evil" terran empire did the significantly less retarded thing and just fucking shanked the Iconians in their beds.

The target of the mission you fight T'Ket in wasn't T'Ket. She was a target of opportunity that presented itself while you where trying to sabotage some omega particle nonsense.
The emperor was acting like a complete retard when he chose to fight T'Ket mano a bitch, I won't argue that either, though her losing an arm proved that such a strike mission could work. This is most likely the entire reason why they try a proper assault, leading directly to the death of M'Tara in the second mission.
However, the second mission didn't cost the alliance the war. They where already losing, and big. The more ships came out of the sphere the worse it got, Diplomacy was never an option in the war either, their stated purpose was to exterminate everyone else, and this is what they did.
Consider their alternatives when they ordered the fleet off to the big battle that let to M'Tara's death. Diplomacy isn't going to happen, the Iconians are already genociding everyone, annihilating planets and destroying countless ships as they strike with impunity anywhere they please without warning.
Every day the war goes on, the alliance loses more ships and troops weakening their strategic position, while thousands of Herald ships pour out of the Sphere, strengthening the enemy's position. The longer the war goes on, the worse it will get until the alliance collapses completely. They had no choice but to throw everything they had into one last attempt at crippling the Iconian war effort before they lost so many ships they wouldn't be able to launch any kind of operations against the Iconians. And it worked, for a while. It threw the Iconians into disarray, and without the Iconians to lead them the heralds didn't seem all that full of imitative.

Personally I think a much better storyline would have involved the players being send 200.000 years back in time, only to find that the galaxy is already under the Iconians boots and the players now have to organise a resistance that will ultimately lead the attack on Iconia.

We do agree on Midnight. That shit was irredeemable and the klink captain should have been shot for collaborating with and aiding the enemy.
Other fun options would have been an assault on their Sphere and using one of those missiles that make a sun go nova on the star inside it. Then back off to a safe distance and enjoy the fireworks as the resulting supernova wipes out a large chunk of the enemy's entire fleet in one big boom.

Anything but the "time shenanigans made them realise we saved them in the past so they aren't evil anymore but can't be held accountable to the trillions who died in the war" bullshit.

>>>/monster/

Yet why are all of the other weeb tier threads still around then? Oh well.
Mark a kike

Why is the Terran Empire acting smart? They're not supposed to act smarter than the Federation.

Maybe I didn't feel like we were losing the war other than the obvious fuck ups caused by the Klingons in the missions because there was nothing going on outside of the missions. No Red Alerts like the Tholians and Borg where you race to a planet being sacked by Herald underlings. No refugees running to safer areas like Earth Spacedock or DS9. Risa, enough said in the books where Borg get purged Risa was destroyed Meanwhile I'm just a powerful badass who joins 4 other powerful badasses who regularly pop Herald ships like it's nothing and the story goes on to say we're losing but doesn't do much to make it feel like it was any worse than the Dominion War. It should have gone on for longer and our presence in the Delta Quadrant should have been the result of us running away and pooling what's left of our military resources (provided traveling between the Solenae gateway to the Solenae Sphere then to the Jenolan Gate to the Jenolan Sphere then to the Delta Quadrant isn't as instantaneous as the game makes it out to be)

Oh fuck I forgot about that teeny weeny missile from that shitty Star Trek film. Then again they probably forgot about it too if using something like that wasn't brought up. Then the war would be used to finding the holdouts or actively venturing into whatever subspace dimension they hide in and attack them there before they teleport into normal space right over Andoira or something.

what would had happened if they escaped?

Dunno, maybe try landing on another planet, massacre the population and keep on moving.
Or maybe they launched the ships because there was something in the gravity well and they were programmed to attack enemies on sight within the gravity well.
Anyhow, the ship design they had was the same molluscoid aliens have, aka tentacle faces.
Beyond that there was no visual representation of them, just a mention that they were "Horrifically mutated".

Gee who'd thought?

So far that was the only such occurrence, i have had the discovery of alien space station occur twice to me now and i have discovered a total of 3 alien hadron colliders.

Well guess you should keep disturbing Tomb Worlds user then :^) Keep us posted.

Prepare yourselves men. The time of our glory is upon us.

Seriously vote for Trump you faggots. Hillary=WW3 with Russia.

then hillary it is, we need another war to boost our technology and maybe JUST MAYBE create a new power source that isnt oil and better energy storage tech.

I wonder who could be behind this post

Yeah, okay Shekelstein. You're not fooling anybody

Yeah, wars sure are known for being downside-free engines of human advancement, you piece of shit.

the only funny thing that sammy boy was in was officer maggot

Is this bait?
This is bait, right?

The invention of nuclear weapons destroyed any possibly technological gain from a new world war, the only thing that will result from this is nuclear hellfire blasting us back to the stone age.
Wait until we have better space travel, then we can have our big war.

why is this gundam cutting his dick in half?

Thanks for correcting the record, Chaim.

but oil is hands down the most cost effective source of energy that we know of

IT BEGINS!

Err, what begins?
First time player here, should i be concerned?

No
The endgame crisis are all jokes

The Beast, not too bad if you are prepared. Better than the fucking Outsider.

O shit it's the (((intergalatic jews)))

Heheh.

Aren't you guys excited for the 12409535th voxel-based space game where you can do ANYTHING?

No, I'm really content with NMS. Multiplayer doesn't appeal to me and that game has a terrible art direction, I don't see why anyone would get excited for that. Doesn't Space Engineers basically do the exact same things? Why would anyone give it kikestarter monies?

LITERALLY
ANYTHING

Do you say that sarcastically or are you serious?

Not on this scale. Honestly, this game is a lot of things I've wanted, but is lacking in various other features. A vanilla Minecraft server offers more gameplay variety.

StarMade

are empty planets going to be the new autsimblocks fad?

Since NMS and Spore failed spectacularly, that can only mean that this next grand idea is going to succeed. I mean how likely is it to lose ten times in a row? Aren't you excited goyim?

They are about to come upon us! Now let's see where they will perform their landing onto our galaxy.

Wait a minute…

Is this forceful frontal penetration?

IT'S HAPPENING!

And so i got a message from some ugly abomination beyond space and time as well as some sorta untranslateable message from an extra galactic being.

Unless they figure something out for the non-autistic players in terms of ship building it's going to flop just like any other voxel shit
I tend to sink hundreds of hours into good games but FFS I refuse to sit in front of some blocks trying to build a spaceship pixel by fucking pixel

Got your Macro Cannon Batteries ready?

FOR THE COMMONWEALTH!

And then these poor Anons realize that they have absolutely zero hatred toward any other man on this planet. And that if we go into a war that's going to be the fault of a handful of men, who decide our fate and are in charge of the nukes
We die for their benefit

This user is on the right way

And here comes the main body!

OH SHIT!

Purge it.

Holy crap! Do you have enough ships for that amount of xeno?
Forgive my laziness, but what gaem? Or mod?

I don't have enough fleet power.
I think i am fucked.

Stellaris

user. Why do you only have one core world?

Remove abomination.

Seems to suck less than the Outsider. Some fucking Xenos found it funny to experiment with Jumpdrive and opened a rift right next to my outermost Domain, got really weakened fighting it.

Here's the current status of the invasion, multiple 30K+ stacks of xenos ships on 4 systems.
I am currently trying to concentrate my fleets to one system and see if i can take them on one at a time.

Such a great idea! Do it Mr. Human!

Because rest are parts of semi-autonomous sectors.

All i can hope for now is that my lances manage to purge the ayy lmaos before they can get close enough to chew on my ships.

I'm serious, it's the best we're going to get in the genre for quite some time. I don't see the point in placing any hope in these kikestarter or early access titles, it will be a miracle if they actually finish them at all.

Oh my fucking god, they just keep on growing!

I bet you need Psy corps for this.

Let's just say i was expecting some 12K or 15K blobs, not a fucking armada of 30K fleets.

How? Why not just play something like X or even PULSAR?

Send in the MI

I think you're supposed to form allied fleet to defeat it but since they gutted the Diplomacy aspect to sell it as DLC later the AI is too retarded.

I had to deal with the Outsider myself even though it was completely destroying and AI empire from inside but they insisted in going at war.

Situation on the invasion atm.
90K blobs have been sighted, i think we can pretty confidently speak of hive fleets at this point.

If you are lucky they might try to invade a Fallen Empire.

That big grey blob behind the Valurt Dominion happens to be one.
But im betting on no such luck, currently they seem to be heading more towards Lox'Ungrak territories through my lands.

It's more a tech demo than an actual game at this point. A neat tech demo, but a tech demo none the less.

Chinese guy obviously.
German faggot was genius, sure, but had no idea what he was doing, he was too fucking emotional for pettiest of shit and his woman looked more like a man than him.

I've played the X games a lot but they're a very different type of games and pulsar doesn't appeal to me at all. Apples and oranges.

You could easily play Space Engine over NMS, or even ED, even though seeing the completely wasted potential is souls crushing.

here you go little one
gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=list&tags=houtengeki

Space Engine is pretty rad but it's not a playable game (yet, I hope it becomes one someday). I agree that NMS had the potential to be much more but what we got was good enough for me, it's the closest a space game has come to completely catering to my tastes since Starflight and Homeworld.

As for ED, again, I don't enjoy multiplayer when it comes to space games. For some reason I like online shooters a lot but when it comes to space games I prefer a solitary experience for some reason. Maybe it's a part of the attraction of space themed games for me, travelling the vast emptiness of space. Homeworld was different because it was an RTS but I think you understand what I mean.

For many people the MMO dealio is a huge part of the fantasy I understand but not for me. Even if for example Kike Citizen did deliver on everything it promised and more I would still not play it, the aspect it focuses on just isn't for me.

pixiv.net/member.php?id=93360

I understand, I feel the same as you. I only have ED because I got scammed with the Single Player mode they removed.

Are we going to have X4 this century?

There was a solo mode last time I played. Are you talking about something different?

probably thought there would be some kind of story-driven gameplay

Which I would've loved too… But now we have to live with a cryptic message/info every month to keep the dads excited

Who knows, I think I heard they made a decent profit with X Rebirth but due to how badly it was received they want to go back to the old formula. The problem is that they used to do it very iteratively with each game building heavily on what came before so the question is if they can salvage something from X Rebirth or if they have to start from scratch now.

There was supposed to be an offline mode. Got removed because of the 'muh BGS' even though I remain convinced it does not really exist. Even if it does, it is basic as fuck.

As far as the engine goes, they may as well start from scratch or from X3
I heard that Rebirth's engine doesn't support changing ships even if they wanted to let us do that. At least their community support is kinda good

That has been bothering me for a while: if it does, how the Hell does the BGS keep track of the x billion stars and planets' orbits and positions without needing a google-sized server cluster.
I don't consider the rest of the game such as markets and factions BGS just because they are incredibly limited on purpose to avoid smart people getting rich and powerful

to be honest, I think it would be even more shit if it was storydriven
like modern day WoW where everyone is the hero, instead of just being some schmuck adventurer

I swear my best bud keeps saying this same argument

ED players are already some untouchable elite-class citizens on paper and just completely ignored by the universe. This breaks my immersion the second I realize that no matter if my rank is an Elite combatant/trader or that I'm a federal admiral AND and imperial king, the game still treats me like any other peasant. The two don't match up and either has to be fixed, otherwise it makes no sense.
You don't have to be a hero to have a story anyway: ED would do just fine with WoW-like raids, instances, quest, whatnot. Just to have something to force players to co-operate and visit Open Play for anything other than to refresh the mission board - and to have something that resembles an end goal in the game

This is how multiplayer killed ED, it could have been so much more, instead we got some basic as fuck game with random encounters, no persistence and RNG out the ass.

so being offered more money isn't enough, and it's not enough that the higher ups in the corporations and factions in the systems only barely remembers you if you're not allied with them?

Situation report from newb user.

I am basically fighting a losing fight here, for each fleet i kill it seems like their other fleets just grow stronger.
All i got atm is a single 37K fleet with my economy barely able to replenish the losses i take.

Tips are welcome.

Get someone else to do your dirty work and once they are both weakened, take them both out.

Now I need someones help. I went to war with the first alien race I found and not only irradiated their planets, but I also stole their star charts. They have mapped so much more of the galaxy than me, which makes me want to expand as quickly as possible into their territory. The main issue here is that my ships only have enough fuel for a year on their own and it will take decades if not centuries to colonize everything. I don't know where to go from here.

If it's like the Unbidden you have to find the source, maybe the Queen.

Nope, it's the swarm, or scourge or whatever zerg-like critters these are.

Pretty sure there must be a Queen or something, you may be fucked otherwise.

How the hell? Did they nerf mineral production in the latest version? If you have that many planets, even if they are sectored off, you should be making at least 1k minerals per month unless you handed them off to sectors as soon as you colonized them.

Also how do the others travel? If they use hyperspace it should be easy to bottleneck them in certain locations either with your own defenses or you can send a fleet near where they respond as a distraction while you use a wormhole deep in their territory where it would take several jumps to catch up

Of course, the Jew route where you get powerful empires to side with you is the best option

Im currently trying the deep striking tactic.
We are yet to see if the aliens even react to that.

Welp, looks like they do react.

The infested planets spawn the fleets, bomb them into oblivion.

Players can save ship designs and sell them on the in-game market.

I would love to, but minor details like 100K fleets and 13K space stations are kinda slowing me down on that.

Also i changed the rate at which sectors are giving me resources from 50% to 75%.
Hopefully this wont cause a rebellion of any sort.

Seems like this is the sort of time you wish you had Nova Cannons.

You bet.

Also im just about ready to throw the towel in with this save.
my 40K fleet was cut in half and my frontline repair station was destroyed, so now the horde is next door to my homeworld.

Fine, just to humor you i will keep on fighting till the last of my settlements have been infested and devoured.

Hopefully it'll at least be a neat ride.

What do you guys think?
It A.I. Rebellion worth a try to get faster research speed?

Raids, space game. Oh god fuck no. Fuck you, and fuck your need to be given a fucking story hero bullshit. You are just some asshole with the pilot's federation. You are not an actual admiral or king, you are a reservist and considering the game lets you essentially buy your rank it means little. Literally thousands like you who go where the credits are.

Also stations react to you based on your reputation level with them. Allied ports are much more friendly then neutral. Just sayin.

Yeah
You just have to hit them hard as soon as they pop up since they get a huge research and production bonus. If you leave them be for just a little while, then they'll sweep the galaxy clean of meatbags

Then let's not do that, im already quite busy with the swarm of teeth and claws.
On the other hand im definitely gonna get myself some space marines.

I feel that you hardly read or understood what I said. You got upset so easily hurts me a bit. I know that you are not this blind, user, you're just upset a bit and need to take a step back and try and look objectively at the game.
I never meant exact copy of the wow-style raids - and I never said it.
What I meant was that the game desperately needs something that HAS TO BE DONE in groups because fuck playing an MMO with others, right? The game needs more high risk high reward gameplay options rather than the next place to haul shit from for a grotesque amount of money.
And don't even start on the missions or actually ANY ways to progress in the game - a game where you have to repeatedly do the same thing over and over and over again for literally hundreds of hours just to be able to get any feeling of progress (ie access to larger ships, engineers, outfitting and insurance for all this) is a either not a game at all or a pretty shit one indeed.
You don't need any skill at all to achieve or even DO anything in this game - just good old time. Any tard over the age of 12 with a double-digit IQ can and will enjoy ED without even noticing how shallow, empty and unchallenging it is.

A shitty game mechanic is an intended feature when it suits your argument, it seems.
Calling the ranks names that imply higher authority, putting them behind a wall of grind and pretending that they matter when they actually have no other function than being a convenient way of pretending that the game has any depth or content is a poor design choice from any respectable game designer, let alone Frontier; and keeping it in the game just so that we can pretend to have some progress toward what's pretty much a single ship per power (which are not even worth it because a small fighter can and will destroy them) is just insulting.
The powers are a joke. Along with the entire Power Play. They had the chance to make it into something huge and instead what you've got is a stale proto-cold war with meaningless ratings that require you to have a second job's worth of free-time and even more meaningless expansion-related battles which reduce to stale repetitive game mechanics without actual consequences.

Among the literally thousands of billions in the Bubble. That's pretty good in my book. Maybe even a "hero" for having killed more fucking pirates and imperials/feds/whatever than there are people on the fucking station I'm residing at. But hey I'm just an asshole in the pilot's fed!

You mean they play different audio files and the station icon changes to green? OH wait: the rng also builds missions that earn me a bit more cash for actually the same effort/cr. Wow! Such depth! So much programming needed! Offer me that 120 tons of hydrogen haulage for 200k! I'll transport it in my small fighter to the station that's 10Ls from a scoopable star. Makes sense.
Really, just look at the missions: you'll recognize the pattern that they have a pretty fixed work/cr rating which is shuffled a bit with RNG, given a different skin and et voila, you've got your procgen awesomeness whatever.
Stop with the cog in the machine argument because half the game points toward the exact opposite. Especially if you look at them rationally. But then you've got game mechanics which are geared toward this ridiculous argument for whatever reason and then you've got the lack of game mechanics acknowledging the players' actions and deeds. "But it's early access still in development my favorite time-sink!

Is it too much to ask for rational game design choices? I mean look at X3 or EVE. Even that spreadsheet sim has more player interaction, REAL player driven economy, group activities (ie raids or whatever you want to call them), more depth and more high risk - high reward activities which can actually be fun.

space is the place

heil kaiser

Maybe you'll accidentally unleash the Necrons and they'll fight them?

There is only ONE true answer.

Sieg Kaiser Reinhardu!

It's not an issue then, you only get one of the three end game events for a playthrough

While I greatly admire your trips, I believe kek has made a mistake giving them to you. Following the worst father in the history of mankind is idiotic. He can't even get his children to stop fighting each other.

It's Reinhardt you stupid fuck holy shit I bet you didn't even watch the show fucking plebs

pic related you

KEK makes no mistakes.
The primarchs were stolen by the chaos gods, you cannot blame the E for their upbringing.

Good news guys!
Star citizen its getting stronger with each year!

Flash poll!

How will the SC saga end?

This Star Wars weapons mod for Space Engineers is pretty nice, needs a slight bit of work but it is nice.

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=762354003

You sure are a dumbass huh?
It's Reinhard von Lohengramm or previously Reinhard von Müsel.

Testing out a new gif

with no survivors?

Which art books do you guys recommend? I'm going to buy pic related and I actually have money to spend but no vidya to buy so anything else like this? I only know of a couple of artists who draw space and science fiction stuff.

i only download space stuff pics i find in the internet

THEY EVEN CALL IT GENE SEED!!!!!
What faggorty!

FFS, goy!

Have a small, fast distraction fleet that jumps in first and lures the defenders away from the planet.

Then jump in the real fleet and glass the planet.
Rinse and repeat.

Noob user here again.
Current war situation is following.
The swarm has attacked a nearby fallen empire and the empire seems to be folding before them.
Also life sucks and my fleet is slowly but surely dying.

Sounds like you are wanting to both have engaging content that is meaningful but you also don't want to have that content to involve taking up time and possible effort. You want easier access to bigger ship, engineers, but frankly if everyone has it and can get it with no effort it's no longer really interesting. That's the problem with sothis in the first place, people in the largest ships with no fucking clue on how to use them.

I have no idea what you want in the game. So fuck man, what do you want in your space game? Pretend your Chris Roberts go nuts.

Is this stellaris? How is the empire building? Is it super complex? Can is the ship design?

Just pirate it, Paradox doesn't deserve the money
It's pretty meh, there's not a ton outside of war and the mid game is pretty empty of stuff to do

Guess I'll go back to playing aurora and star ruler, I guess.

Stellaris it is.
Pretty average, research tech, colonize planets, that sorta stuff. Your planet count is limited though, so after a while you gotta start making sectors which are semi-autonomous.
Not all that complex. It looks like your average map painter game, but it's pretty straight forward.
Ships are designed in a way where you choose one or more modules (depends on ship size) that house different amounts and sizes of weapon and equipment mounts.

Noob anons war report.
ENEMY IS AT OUR GATES!

Enemy is being pushed back hard, at this rate nothing will remain of this invasion fleet!

Game looks similar to Star Ruler 2. Any difference?

Havent played star ruler 2 so no idea.
But based on what i remember of star ruler 1s demo i can say this.
You cant change the size of you ships.
Only time you produce a larger than average version of a ship is when your military dictator changes, that's when you can build in their honor a flagship that is larger than regular ones in size but it costs the same and has same stats so it's not that big of a difference.
Also no planet killing contraptions as far as i have seen.

Exterminatus in progress.

REMOVE
XENO
SCUM

Less spaceship variety, but better diplomacy, politics, events, more races… It's better in pretty much everything except combat

Two large fleets moving in on our capitol world.

Battle report.
Minor casualities sustained on commonwealth fleet while xenos are suffering catastrophic losses.

Only single one remains!

So when do you counterattack?

I was exterminatusing couple of planets from them while they decided to come over for tea at my plase.
Managed to glass one rock and then i had to run so the bastards wouldn't eat all the crumpets like they usually do.

This game turns in to Starship troopers + Warhammer.

Also it looks like there just ain't no rest for the wicked.

It's what happens when your approach to balancing is to hit it with a sledgehammer than use a scalpel.

Well ain't that just nice.

This is actually going better than expected.

Emperor thank whoever invented tachyon lances.

As our adamant navy is holding back the alien scum, our gallant land forces have fended off an invasion.

Reinhard all the way. Let Furor Teutonicus engulf the Galaxy in flames!

Never seen this in the Novel.

Yang is that is the only guy who was able to keep up and taint all of Reinhards perfect victories. If they fight on truly equal terms and total war broke out, my second sentence would become reality.

This. Screenshot worhty all along.

IT'S PURGING TIME!

Planet purified!

You're going to create the Imperium of Man user aren't you and do the Great Crusade?

I will if i ever survive these tyranids.

This party is getting cuhrayzee!

why nobody plays this?

I've been trying to learn how to play but goddamn does it need a bucketful of autism

Welp, that murderblob is dead.
Now i just gotta kill this blob down here, though it has almost gotten all the way to my capitols shipyard.

What is this? Can I get a dl link?

Oh i have played it and then it slowed down when i started to amass a lot of shit.
Why is there no game that doesn't slow down with a lot of shit going on?

What game has best first contact?
When I played Stellaris for the first time I really liked that sense of mystery when I still didn't know anything about the aliens and what they can do.
The only enjoyable thing about NMS was trying to decipher what the aliens want, but the dialogues quickly got repetitive.
Posting shitty OC as a contribution to the thread.

forgot to scale it down

Damn, it's been a while since I read that, but the last part of the book always sticks out in my mind.

In Star Ruler I would have simply collapsed the star destroying the entire solar system.

I wish such a thing was an option.
Then this entire Tyranid-lite would have ended in its cradle.

Also, it's been several minutes since i saw a single xeno fleet in transit.
It's like a calm before a storm.

(on phone so I might get a different ID)
user, I'd love more engaging content and all that, but I want it to be behind a skill barrier and not a time one. I don't want to have to spend 200 hours (as it is in the current state of the game), because it makes everything meaningless for 2 reasons: anyone can have it given enough time (and it's the same amount of time for everyone regardless of skill level), and most people, including me, simply don't have that time. It really puts me off knowing that I'll either have to dedicate more time to the game (which will make it boring in the long run) or have to exploit unintended features like Sothis mission board refreshing.

My dream spess gaem would probably be something with the scale and immersion of Braben's VISION(tm) with X3's freedom. Limit Theory was promising to be just that, except the sole dev went nuts and now he's refusing to give any update on his work

Where ever the hell they are i don't care.
The swarm seems to be at its limit!
I am now pushing it back to the void whence it came!

wasn't this game getting some major shit for a while?

I dunno, i wasn't paying too much attention when it launched.

Also, who comes up with these names?

Remove Xenos Scum
Revenge for the fallen

I've been withholding from playing that because I don't know moonrunes, and I do kinda want the maximal enjoyment out of LOGH game.

No wonder he sounded familiar.

What book?

It's Fiasco by Lem

wew, all that LotGH shitposting bumplocked this thread pretty fast.

I don't mind much

The second volume was translated? I thought only the first was.

It just recently was released.

>implying I hate anyone

I hear the anime is getting translated

word of mouth

I heard a remake, but not an english dub. I hope they don't do it. Moonspeak for LOGH only.

New Thread

God damn it