Anyone else own this piece of shit? The gyro keeps turning on in mind and turning into the mouse. Anyone know any fixes?

Anyone else own this piece of shit? The gyro keeps turning on in mind and turning into the mouse. Anyone know any fixes?

… I remember being excited for that thing.

I really want to get one if I could find it a lower price
Definitely not paying what they're asking for it

Why bother? I just use a generic $25 logitech usb controller and it works great

No one is going to help you cuckchan faggot.
Die in a fire.

Yeah! I got one the same day I got my Steam Machine so I could have a computer that plugs into my TV that isn't a console!

sup 423f3b

Because I wanted one, because I like using trackpads for fps games.
And you can post on Holla Forums with it.

This probably isn't the best place to ask. Try steam forums or something

Anyway, remember when people were excited for this piece of shit?

No

Tried that, but thanks anyway I was more interested if it's some kind of hardware flaw of some kind.

Aren't they going to make a Steam Controller 2 soon or something?

I was actually hoping to grab one of these, my DS3 makes my hands hurt after an hour or so of playing.

I can push the big button ans do big screen mode too wow

I just use my keyboard like a normal person

haha man am i glad Holla Forums has never had those filthy 4chan posters around here and nobody from 4chan has ever come over, especially not that big exodus in 2014

Really? It's much more comfortable than any other controller I've had over the years with the sole exception of the original Microsoft Sidewinder. I mainly like how the DS3's dpad has rounded edges for each directional button. So many controllers have dpads with sharp-edges… talk about a sore left thumb. Especially if you play fighting games.

If someone makes it obvious they're from 4chan, they're gonna get bullied

You're the exact kind of fag I hate to share this site with.

That's great user. Everyone is proud of you.

Just google it you ginormous faggot

Because that's absolutley not the first fucking thing literally anyone would do. Fucking christ it's annoying to have the fucking cursor keep snapping to the topright corner because I'm upside-down.

That is fair

Nigger I spent way too much of my life on 4chan to pretend all that time never existed and get a big head about being on another website now.

really don't suggest you use a gamepad without analog sticks and a d-pad. The entire idea of using a gamepad on PC is you want to get around the limitations of mouse and keyboard, not have a shit alternative to mouse and keyboard.

If you want a good gamepad, the wii u pro pad is the best around, and there's also an adapter by mayflash to easily plug it into your PC. allows dinput, xinput, and while under dinput can sync up to 4 pads.

So how much longer until we get charts like "Holla Forums's recommended xbox one games"?

the fuck are you even complaining about

Are you that desperate for a feeling of superiority in your life?

Your first mistake was buying this thing. If only there was some kind of third party driver support there might be a fix available.

we already have xobx hueg threads so give it about 6 years more, anyway, if you don't have something better than to complain about people liking shit you do not i urge you to commit sudoku and die

speaking of which, there hasn't been one in a while. the original xbox also has a bigger and better library than the cuckcube

Mark, our board owner, owns one, he loves it, you should buy one.

I have big fat hands. Eventually I get cramps from holding it too long.

what did you think of the xbox duke controller? hated it when i was a pre-teen, but now it's really comfortable. nice vertical 6-button layout too.

I never used the HUEG controller, I used this one, though, and I never really felt uncomfortable. Same with the 360 controller, though I think that's more because of the size of the controller than the button layout.

How ever did we manage before this wonderful gamepad?

is this controller worth getting for $12? My dickhead friend is selling his.

If you intend to use it for controlling PC, it is worth it. If you will sit in front of a desk with it , it is not worth it.

It was made with using PC from couch i mind, not gaming.
This post was written using steam controller.

i think you need to do less lsd

Xbox 360 controller would be my favorite controller of all time if not for the shitty fucking d-pad. I really don't get how companies keep fucking that up time and again.

Yes. Throw it into the thrash.

If you're an HTPC user you can easily afford one of the ultra-comfy lap KB/M trays.

No compromise.

No, DualShock 4 is everything you need.

Also real talk, /a/ here is too fucking dead.

and I could be wrong but the filename isn't even a "4chan filename" it's a timestamp.
Fucking newfaggots.

what's the point

what kind of gay games use this

PS2 games if you care about properly emulating them.

There's some H-Games that use them.

I use one for wiping my ass with, I find it quite good for that.

only metal gear solid abuses that, plus why would you bother emulating them when you could use actual hardware?

Now that's an appropriate answer

Ace Combat and Metal Gear.

Alternatively I can play games with actual pad.
I mean there is a lot of games that were designed for a pad. Steam one also isn't that bad it is just worse. I even enjoyed EDF with Steam Controller than with KB/M. It was only thing I enjoyed more played with Steam Controller. Rest was just fine.

What I am saying is this thing is valid and quite cheaper than KB/M HTPC setup.

I remember how I once decided to give up on out /tg/ because I wanted faster one.
On 4chan /tg/ there was Age of Sigmar thread, active one. Everyone there started playing after release of Age of Sigmar. Everyone also bought their new armies from Gw.
I remember how I gave up hope shortly afterwards.

At least only person I met supporting this game was shop owner who tried to sell it.

I thought it was a waste of money. And it would be, had it not been for the fact that it is awesome for couch gaming turn based strategy games.

Forget playing any game that requires fast reactions. It's useless. I don't care how much you tweak it, the game will feel extremely tiresome to play. A little touchpad for your thumb will never come close to using keyboard + mouse. I don't care how fancy your configuration is.

But I'll give this thing credit. Playing turn based strategy like Civilization and Heroes of Might and Magic on a huge TV from the couch is as comfy as it gets.

It's worse than a gamepad for games you would be playing with a gamepad, and worse than an M/KB for games you would be playing with an M/KB.
So is console gaming.

all good playstation games have analogue support

Driving games use it too. Even fucking GTA uses it.

Why bother with actual hardware when my computer can emulate it just fine?
It looks better emulated. Can load games more painlessly. Don't have to worry about the fragile as fuck laser. Can use any controller I want. Don't need an extra piece of hardware to bother with. Etc.

Also Silent Hill games. I'm sure there are plenty.

Why do this in 2016?
You can play all games from the couch on a screen directly attached to a keyboard/touchpad below it. What's the point of a huge TV ten feet away?

Everyone that didn't leave with us along the time of both exoduses deserves to be bullied

comfy

Not in my case. I sit pretty close and in a super comfy recliner. I used the term couch gaming because it's a known term.

Of course you can buy one of those keyboard/mouse platforms, but that to me is way more hassle than a controller.

What makes the Sidewinder comfy?

I take it you've never used a saturn pad

The known term is "ten foot gaming".
Guess why it's named this way.

Mine was the four button version, but that looks like the same dpad. Basically it has very rounded directionals on the dpad, even more rounded and comfy than the DualShock 3's dpad. You'd think it might be too rounded and be hard to accurately input directions but actually I did very well with it. I used it heavily around 2003 when the Mame/Kaillera netplay scene was really active. Not to brag too much but I was nearly unbeatable in Garou Mame netplay matches using that thing.

Is this your first time here?

My friend bought one and we both didn't really like it.

However its pretty fucking rad for desktop/web browsing and playing certain games. It has its utility which makes me consider getting one for myself.
I might be able to buy it off him just to make things easy.

It's garbage, OP. I have one, too. The buyer's remorse reached such a critical mass that it practically became its own sentient entity.

Just fucking throw it away.

DS4, connected via USB connection, used with DS4tool.

Best controller on the market that I've used.

This! PS4 is shit, but the controller is boss.

I don't even own a PS4. I just heard the controller was great after my old pad died on me.

I liked it a lot, but had to replace my dead 360 controller for PC and I went with a Bone controller. Like it even better than the DS4, even if the d-pad still isn't decent.

I dont even know what I would use it for
compatibility and calibration seem sort of iffy

Same. It's a great PC controller.

Why not get a $10 bluetooth dongle like everyone else?

Your dumbass would be surprised at how small of a group "everyone else" really is.

you should go back there

no user you are the newfag or just retarded, since it's not so obvious what's going on but i'm not gonna spoonfeed

webm is also related for you

maybe the d-pad since sony dpads have always been the best, but you best be joking nigger

ps3 dpad is awful. Sega d-pads have always been the best. Especially the Saturns.

thanks satan.
nice konata

what did he mean by this?

Too bad there's hardly any good ones with USB. Is the Hyperkin worth a buy?

I'm worried that the analog sticks might be easily worn out. Are they fixed?

Just use keyboard and mouse. Steam controller isn't fully functional on non Steam games and programs.

Sounds like it's broke on the inside. Might follow a tutorial and open it. Use Google.

real talk, /a/ doesn't want Holla Forumsedditors like you posting there, so stay the fuck away

thank you

Should have just gotten a steam link instead. They're honestly worth it imo

/a/ please go and stay go

Threadly reminder that this is the best controller you could get for PC

I got it on sale and its pretty comfy. Make sure a button hasnt been set for gyro activation in the menu for your desktop controls

Everyone who isn't a retarded fucking poorfag?

awful piece of shit controller. The triggers are mushy and horrible, the d-pad is garbage, the analog sticks have weird ass dead zones and its made of poor plastics that are crudely assembled and lack any sort of weight.

its up there with those crappy microsoft pc controllers as the worst you can possibly use. Just use a fucking ds4 or ds3 if you're a nigger that can't afford anything.

They changed the rubber a couple months after release. I purchased mine several months ago and it has been fine, the texture has slightly smoothed on the rubber, but that has happened with every controller I've owned.

Walmart will price match with Amazon, and it's $46 right now, so you can go in and get a 7 year parts warranty for like $5 if you're worried about it falling apart at some point.

Nah the 4 button MS Sidewinder's dpad is better. I had that Logitech one for a while and the dpad wouldn't register quarter circles on the right side as well as the left side.

kek

Logitech's 360 clone is worse than the 360 controller itself. And that piece of shit isn't even cheaper.

My PC has Bluetooth built-in.

Disgusting.