Beloved Games That Will Never Be Remade

At this point this is fucking atrocious. There's not even fucking fan remake going on. If I was filthy rich then I would fund the remake myself.

Biggest mistake of that game

Mercenaries
Hot Wheels Turbo Racing

fuck, those were some comfy times.

Why would you need a remake for it ? It's very good to this day.

Never played it, wut is it.

Most games will never be remade. Most games don't need to be. Here's one that wasn't finished the first time and actually could benefit, even though it would be unrecognizable if it ever happened.

Proper Western release never.
Not that I really care or anything, but you figure for all the love this game gets that it'd be easy enough to just throw it out there for free cash.

you're looking at it with childs eyes. it was a pretty mediocre game that tried to get those FF7 shekels too hard.

good music though.

This shit was lame even back then crap like Final Faggot seemed kind of cool

that was a pretty shitty generic jap rpg, why would anyone remake this turd

Im not denying that its still good but the graphics has aged poorly as with any 3D PS1 game. Just a graphical update is all thats needed among some minor gameplay tweaking.

The game was in development a year before 7 released. Plus it had good amount of unique mechanics and aesthetics that it is distinguishable despite both of them having the same skeleton.

Turn based RPG. All nonranged characters have different movesets/combos you can choose from.

Why would anyone remake this game? All they'd be updating would be the graphics.

so everybody in the development team had already seen trailers and previews of FF7 and decided to copy it.

again, terribly generic game, for a legend game, i'd rather go for Legaia, at least in legaia the combat system was incredibly creative for its time.

Why?

as i said

they're looking at it with childs eyes, LoD is a generic JRPG, it wasnt shit, but it certainly wasn't too good of a game either.

yep, nostalgia faggotry is one hell of a homo drug

I'm surprised that Square didn't opt to bring the VC port west, but then again, a lot of companies seem to have something against giving various regions games they never got the first time around (NA still has never officially gotten Terranigma, PAL has never gotten Xenogears and Wild Arms 2, among other things). I suppose maybe the fact they'd need to translate it might keep them from doing so.

If i remember this right(i recall hearing this when a furfag translator starting bitching about repros), companies are legally entitled to use things like fan translations if they wanted to, since all the work done on the game is considered pro bono for the company.

I don't even think you could make a game as big as Xenogears was meant to be nowadays.

Honestly, I don't think I'd trust Square to actually do a remake of it that would do the game proper justice at this point.

I suppose so, but it seems somewhat rare that a company actually does decide to acquire a fan translation script and make it official, as opposed to just doing it themselves/whoring the translation work out to other translation companies. And even when they do officially pick up fan translated scripts for official usage, that can cause drama (such as what I've heard has happened in the Falcom community with some hacker getting asspained XSEED paid the translator he was working with for the script, but since they didn't need a coder to insert it, he got no shekels out of it and continues to bitch).

True. It's also kind of wierd that the series gets passed from company to company like a cheap whore, but still manages to have awesome music each time. Haven't plax XCX yet, but isn't that by the guy who did the music for Gundam Unicorn? I trust that

More that Monolith Soft kept being passed around like a whore, and since each prior company kept the rights to whatever Xeno- games they made, they've only ever been able to make spiritual successors of sorts to Xenogears (at least as far as games in that vein go; they've had a number of original projects like Baten Kaitos as well).

Some time back I'd thought that perhaps Nintendo would have at least given them what they deserved, considering how well Xenoblade Wii turned out (I remember seeing some interview that they'd worried they'd have to cut a lot more than they did due to time constraints, but NoJ proved surprisingly lenient about giving them more time), but if anything these days, even if they did make something good, NoA/Treehouse/8-4/whatever company NoA whores it out to would most likely ruin it in localization. Though admittedly I've heard XCX has issues that go beyond just translation fuckery.

And yeah, the composer was Hiroyuki Sawano, known for stuff like Gundam Unicorn and KLK. Looks like XCX has been his only vidya work thus far (aside from some apparent work in 2014, but I can't make heads or tails of what the fuck the listing of "3594ε" is supposed to mean on there).

Anyone who still thinks that after Xenosaga 3 was published is either an idiot or part of their legal team.

Stop.

What, you mean Nightwolve? He's basically a lolcow, dude genuinely thinks everyone in his "IT career" has been out to fuck him over, including people who wouldn't give him shekels for an incomplete fan translation(he tried to sell get "donations" for the Oath of Felghana fan translation patch until someone from Gamefaqs leaked it, and he's been butthurt ever since, only now he's found another scapegoat in deuce). For some reason he has it chiseled in his brain that Deuce and Thomas (((Lipschultz))) (WyrdWad of xseed, but don't tell him he got jewed even if he insists he did! He's a good goy after all.) have used his "IT" work or whatever, when the reality is they sent the script off to Falcom so they could insert it instead.

I meant that more in the way that they can't just continue with the universes they had been making with Xenogears and Xenosaga, since they don't own the rights to either themselves and no longer work for Square or Namco.

Yeah, I think that was the guy.

Why the fuck would you want modern game devs to remake a classic?

Xenoblade 1 is actually technically kind of the first game in the Xenosaga/Xenogears timeline, because the pocket universe was created by a Zohar Phase Transfer experiment. This is why the Bionis and Mechonis appear to be biological and mechanical versions of Deus/Omega.

Remakes are generally fucking cancer, and most games should never get a release past the first sequel. You just need one as a proof of concept, the other to polish the formula. Then move the fuck on to new IPs.

Wild ARMs 1 remake was good, except the US version got fucked and delayed for three years.

Huh, maybe I ought to give that Perfect Works book a look through sometime; I'd generally heard before that Xenoblade was stand-alone aside from sharing some themes (as well as not even called a "Xeno" game at first).

I liked Wild Arms ACF myself, but it's rather love it or hate it as a remake goes, and in a lot of discussions I've seen from anons in the past, people seemed to prefer the original on the PS1. Doesn't help that ACF has some bugs, and the translation quality doesn't exactly beat the original's translation, which had its own issue. Still a good game even if not the best remake if you ask me.

Kind of wish Wild Arms 2 had seen a remake, if only so maybe XSEED could give it a better translation than it saw prior. However, Media.Vision doesn't own the series, and it wouldn't shock me if they can't do anything without SCEJ's approval, and Sony seems content to ignore the series.

Depends on the company. Namco, for example, has proven to be pretty decent with how they've handled remakes of various Tales games (such as taking Destiny PS1, one of the less refined games in the series, and remaking it on the PS2 into a game I've seen importers claim to have the best 2D combat in the entire series). Though of course, the west rarely officially sees said remakes (Hearts R being to only one here, and even then 8-4 botched it hard in translation).

That Tales of Destiny remake is almost 10 years old. That's not very modern.

True, but it's not like that was the last remake they did in the series. Narikiri Dungeon X was in 2010, Innocence R in 2012, and Hearts R in 2013.

I don't think anyone at any level gave 2 shits about Hearts R, lets not just blame 8-4 on this. Probably the only reason it got released at all was because the producer or whatever liked it, and Gamestop seemingly ponied up the cash for a gamestop exclusive release(or so they advertised).

I've heart the Phantasia port they added with that is considered the definitive version, any truth to that?

I thought it had more to do with Sony doing something right for once and doing a survey to see what games western Vita owners wanted, with Hearts R getting enough votes for Sony to prod Namco, who prior had no intention of localizing Hearts in any form (though Baba claimed it to be a favorite of his that he wished the west could experience).

From what I know, the version bundled with it, Tales of Phantasia X, includes the additional voice acting from the prior Full Voice Edition (which was pretty much a port of the PS1 version with additional audio), as well as combat tweaks the make it the most refined version of the game in terms of gameplay (both to flow of combat, as well as properly proportioned combat spritework, compared to the chibi party member sprites the game used to use; embed related). It also has a guest character meant to help tie it in with Narikiri Dungeon who shows up from time to time; not sure if that's considered a hit or miss aspect or not. Absolute Zero has picked up both ToPX and NDX to fan translate, though their translator, Thoroughim, has put both on the backburner for now until ToD DC is finished, as, should something happen to him, he doesn't just want to leave a legacy of just mostly focusing on Phantasia when there's other games that have been in higher demand to be translated.

Yeah was a pretty good game. I had a turbofire control so I could press x fast for magic.

or jumped into the series when nintendo decided to make a fucking xeno game. The blade series is the super mario wii of the xeno games.

To be fair, Twink Deus Zanza was pretty great.

I think that's why FF7 is being remade in parts, come to think of it.

It's worth noting that XCX's director apologized for a lot of shit in it and said the third game will be more like the first. I don't remember the source on this, so you're free to not believe me.

Undoubtedly. It's going to be much more costly in both money and file size to render all of were once flat prerendered bitmaps into rotate-able 3d environments. I think the PS2 is probably the last era where you could do a truly "grand" scale JRPG, just from the point of view of assets.