grimcalc.com/build/MFdxucW
gracefuldusk.appspot.com/items/8489-Bane-of-the-Winter-King
grimcalc.com/build/U0iZ6Fd
grimcalc.com/build/gqcoC2v
grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42210
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yours truly.

Not me

What constellations do you choose for Warder?

Funny you ask because that is literally my latest character class combo. It really depends on what your build is; I am going lightning and retaliation so I have been going for Spear of the Heavens. To get there so far I have taken Tsunami, Lizard and Ghoul for some survivability.

No one because we spent the last week or so setting up 8/v/ private Diablo 2 servers:

Grim Dawm more like Grimdark amirite

More like Grim DORK

It's my preferred ARPG atm.
Playing Soldier/Occultist Tank.

I chose Falcon and I have no idea what the fuck I'm doing. I just want to smash shit with big 2 handers. I dumped points in some passives in Soldier and Savagery's tree in Shaman. How bad did I fuck up?

Played it 2~ months ago, got to the whatever the "big" town with farms around is until i grew bored.

Really lacks the interesting and cool locations of Titan Quest.

You can always respec in Devil's Crossing. The only thing you can't respec is the fact that you chose warder and the points put into either soldier or shaman but it shouldn't be a problem.

Your mom is a heap of shit.

This heap of shit is fucking great tbh.

Playing for the first time as warder and focusing on health+health regen, so I'm going for behemoth. Damage wise I'm considering lightning, but I'm willing to listen to better alternatives.

Frankly there are so many skills for lightning in shaman I thought it came naturally.

I went with Wendigo Totem for survivability but it is quite deep in the shaman tree for some.

Aww shit we got a Grim Dawn thread. Been thinking about getting back into this.

OK, I respecced a little bit. Went Falcon, Fox, Hammer and trying to eventually get Tsunami, Kraken and Tempest. Am I spreading myself too thin?

I wouldn't know without knowing your items and skills. +24% bleeding damage doesn't do much if none of your skills inflict bleeding in the first place. What skills did you take in soldier? What types of damage are you dealing?

I killed the herald of flame and stopped. This game runs like shit on my toaster

It's not as good as Median XL, and it's not as good as PoE, but it's different enough that if you've played those to death you can probably get a couple hundred hours out of GD.

Yeah, but Median XL is just spammy garbage now.

It's definitely gotten a bit "intense" since marco took over, but I think it still provides a significantly better experience over vanilla LoD where self-farming any of the high-end runewords is effectively impossible, and you can literally grind for years without seeing a single HR drop. Meanwhile all of the gear in Median is within reach with reasonable drop rates, and content is effectively skill gated instead of grind gated.

It's alright

It's dog shit im sorry

You take that back you, you

double nigger

We're talking about Grim Dawn user, not Mafia 3.

Why the comments in this thread are so random?

I'm still using Savagery which inflicts bleeding, it seems to be a decent default attack.

we're currently stuck in a shitposter storm. hopefully it lets up soon.

Nigger, I'm running mine on a fucking 2012 style AMD processor. What kind of worthless shitbox are you using?

ajj lmau

AMD fx-8320

Runs fine with my AMD FX-6300. Are you sure you GPU/ram isn't coming up short?

I like to shit lightning too.

Weeb pulls a sword out and thinks he's a badass.

Life isn't fair sometimes.

I have a R9 280x GPU and 16 GB ram. I don't understand why I can't even play this game at the most bare bones of graphical settings.

My problem with GD was lack of variety.
Enemies, armor, location, everything - game looked exaclty the same for the entire 30 hours I put in it.
I got bored and never finished. It felt like an endless Act 1 of an otherwise great ARPG. I don't regret my time with it though, it was pretty good.

I wanted to start a Warlock or Witch Hunter but I'm also currently playing a Haruspex in TQ AE.

Decisions, decisions…

We went through this before in the previous few GD thread. The two soldier patron gods are about as real as Yahweh. Oleron and Menhir's abilities are basically derived from faith/rage depending on who you worship.

Shaman are into the old gods. Ultos and Modrogen both once walked cairn but have since left cairn in the hands of their believers (though you never meet anyone who worships ultos).

Occultists are into the witch gods which were once humans until they did something that turned them into abominable demigods. They have since left the mortal plane to either form their own worlds like ES's Daedric prince, or they are in another dimension all together ala Cthulhu.

Arcanist and demolitionist both study alchemy, but differ in that arcanist draw their power from the aetherial dimension while demolitionist make their own shit and occasionally gets blessings from ulzuin, another god without any lore at all so it's possible that it's another case of skill + faith.

Nightblades basically practice kung fu and qi gong.

That's not Diablo1

I do and it's good.

Why do all these damn ARPGs have spiders?

GOTT JEHOVA
GOTT DER RACHE

*Teleports behind you*

Spiders are like, the quintessential poison mob for ARPGs.

But then who the fuck is this?

Chthon?

Ch'thon is hardly a forgotten god.

A sequel hook.
I love it. It is so out of place and nobody really knows what the hell it is about exactly. Just a ominous fucking door hidden in the middle of fucking nowhere.

has anybody mentioned the obvious about that same god being presented on the Desecrated Shire pop-up?

>>>/oven/

That's dreeg. It's a woman.

Dreeg looks totally different. This statue is missing all of the eyes and quills and shit, plus it appears to be riding a spider of some sort.
Apparently it also shows up in the musty cellar under Burrwitch, but I just went there in my game and it wasn't in this spot.

The forgotten gods is a questline featuring lore about the three witch gods Dreeg, Bysmiel and Solael.

The quills are actually from the guardian of dreeg, not dreeg herself.

I'm not sure which guardian you fight at the end of the questline, but since he does a lot of poison damage and regens like a bitch, I'm going to guess that's the guardian of Dreeg

Shit, nigger, is this a ruse?

The skill tooltips are what occultists understand about their gods. The questline's lore will give you second hand information about the witchgods. It's pretty realistic that there's a discrepancy between the understanding of a god from the perspective of the players(borrowers of blessings in this case), information from other witches and finally information from a direct worshiper made immortal.

What the fuck are you talking about? Post screenshots or shut the fuck up, don't make me take my character to the Temple of the Three to take pictures of his fucking shrine.

Oh wait no. I'm having a 4am over the gods. Went to look for the dev blog that had the reveal.

grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37260

Bysmiel humps a goat, dreeg does yoga and solael looks like he's on fire.

gracefuldusk.appspot.com/items/2946-Nemesis

There's one more (demi)god fitting the whole shadow/dark thing that hasn't been given form though.

I couldn't stomach how slow the game was.

If I were on a windows machine, I'd probably use paint to paste their faces poorly onto the Backpack Cuck image. With Dreeg being the goat and Solael just the ghostrider skull.

What the fuck is a backpack cuck?

I've only seen the picture.
Alright, then.

This guy.

Every fucking time I hear this guys voice I already die a little inside from his stupidity.

I put about 80 hours into it before I got bored.

I suffered from the same problem of TQ. You never felt like you got anywhere.

welp, time to commission plague of gripes.

Holy fuck!

Reminder he cant sign upto a forum, he thinks the signup page is broken.

also his own GD review on steam is still there, he goes by the name TLgamer.

How is he even able to keep himself alive?

Who knows, if my internet wasnt throttled id start posting videos from his youtube channel.

Can someone embed the tabletop simulator video?

I just started playing GD and holy shit I'm actually having a blast. I usually play kiting characters - in Diablo I go rogue and D2 amazon, so I went ranged two handed demolitionist with occultist secondary. I don't know whether I should bother with putting points into any summons or just go straight dps

They're both good options, although I'd suggest summons for survivability. The Occultist's hellhound is particularly good for that since one of its abilities makes it more of a target.

I normally play the same as you, but I started playing a Soldier with a focus on regen and defense and had a great time, although my lack of magic defense is starting to be an issue on higher difficulties.

Beat the game on Veteran, started Elite with "pure" Arcanist I put some points into Occultist, which was a big mistake, now playing some Summoner and having a gay old time.

REMINDER TO NOT PLAY THIS GAME ON NORMAL!

This guy is either the world's greatest troll or a very strong case for sterilizing all of humanity.

he's up there with DSP and Chris chan.

You can go both.

I'll be honest - I got bored of it. I rolled Demolitionist, and then found out that it's a class that doesn't actually need a secondary class. I pumped points into some bomb skills, and the game started feeling very samey. The same issue I had with TQ - never finished the last act of that one.

My problem with Grim dawn was that no ability I looked at really excited me. I loved diablo 2 and one of the many reasons was because every character had a badass ability that really made you feel powerful and was rewarding to level up. Everything I have seen in this game is just mediocre. Couldn't get past the first act because it was just a bit more of that brown color palette that makes everything look the same leading up to what I perceived as a bland unexciting top.

Druid was complete shit for 10+ years in Diablo 2.

what in the fuck do you have equipped that deals up to 5000 damage?

This thing deal 170k crits

Not even joking.

That's a big stick.
I don't even have the resolution to display all those bonuses.

You kept pressing 6 instead of 5 by mistake, didn't you?

The Immortal Throne act feels way too long, yea. I finished it recently for the first time and just wanted it to be over.

I really wish somebody would make a cool mythological ARPG though. TQ has a great concept. What was that game called where you can play a Viking and some Egyptian wizard guy? I remember it sorta bombed.

Aren't autists mean to be smart? This guy's a fucking moron.

Yeah, i have only 4 fingers on left hand

you can still play 2012

i do

lol what a loser
Which one's missing? Index?

Loki?

Right, thanks!

If you're going ot play it, do report back. I remember playing the demo back in ye olden days when such privliege existed, and I can't remember much of anything other than camera being fucky and everything feeling … hollow.

Yeah, meat slicer. Cook is a dangerous profession

I'm using a FX 8350, something else must bottleneck your game.

I believe it is called the The Hidden Path questline.

One of the gods that dev havn't addressed yet, possibly left for expansion or DLC. But this god had a nice farming area in the blood grove until one of recent patches where they removed a guaranteed treasure trove, which could potentially drop a rare ingredient or blueprint.

Holy fuck your stupid nigger.

Speaking of treasure troves, what is a good place to farm Dynamite? Because it sure feels like Old Arkovia's mines aren't really giving up much.

Forgot what the mine with cromleys gang is called, has some guaranteed dynamite spawns

Yes hello

Farm Aether crystals/shards and craft 3 Dynamite per Shard. You can craft Dynamite in Homestead and Fort Ikon.

The very first mine has some dynamite, otherwise wait until you get to Homestead, there a blacksmith can craft dynamite for you and it becomes a non-issue for the rest of the game.

Oh, nice. I'm swimming in Aether Crystals, just need to convert to shards and then dynamite

I started a new game as an Occultist hoping to go petmaster. I rushed for my hellhound sparing a few points for the raven on the way. It was all cool but I thought he was a little underwhelming and figured it was a lategame sort of build… until I learned that if I resummon the hellhound he explodes in a fiery inferno and reappears fit as a fiddle next to me. Now my strategy changed to positioning him just right so I can allahu akbar him and one-shot as many monsters as possible at once.

How come warriors always get the coolest looking weapons? I realize this is more of a caster weapon, but swords and giant scythes are much more intimidating than crossbows or teeny tiney maces

Compensation for being overly gear dependent compared to their spellcasting brethren and being harder to play in lategame/advanced difficulties.

I really don't understand what the fuck is wrong with the game or my computer. About 1/10th of the time I try and play it, it'll actually work and I can actually crank up the graphical settings quite a bit and it'll run fine without any stuttering. The other 9/10ths I have no idea what's causing it to shit itself even with the lowest settings possible.

Not going to lie that spin/sheath was really smooth, but it would have been a lot better if he'd not sounded and looked like an autist

get on that shit high DPS immediately, nigga. I'm playing zoo as well.
Couple of notes: My tornadoes are pretty useless and Blood of Dreeg is only useful on me, but even that is debatable, because it heals so little. It's easier just to resummon your pet, especially the Hound. I've heard that the Raven familiar has great AOE, but I haven't tried it.

Briarthorn was my next level up. Ten points in shaman is irritatingly slow. Going to pump him full of points next before I give them AOE.

You could go with one point in each raven ability max but he really gets obsolete very fast. Not even the heal/stun is worth it. I would say at your level you better move those points into hellhound or briarthorn

Fair enough. Also found a nice off-hand and gave it a searing gem thingie so I can roast stuff up with fireballs before I have to put points into Dreeg's.

tornadoes are only good if you're a lightning focused caster. It's pretty good for a physical focused fighter too since it scales off your bonus last I checked. But yeah, one level in it is shit. I have a shaman with full lightning kit running on lightning ward and tornadoes and they take out bosses in seconds once you stack summon them.

It also helps if you are a melee fighter because it reduces enemy accuracy. Running lightning melee shaman is ballers.

Melee caster hybrid shaman build aka shit lightning out of your ass build is pretty fun as well, but a true glass cannon

I've noticed you haven't put any points into a damaging skill. Commendable. I love the Eye of Dreeg bomb and proc crazy thorns just too much to give up.

Anybody got recommended OBS settings for a GeForce 9500 GT? Because this looks like shit.
I swear I'm playing this on more than 35-40 fps most of the time.
But the stutters are real. Old card.

reddit in a nutshell.

the voice alone gets me.

maximum wew

Just get a searing ember and find a good item to attach it to ASAP and it will carry you without needing to invest points into Eye of Dreeg until much later on. I have yet to see if I'll need to put points in them later but I really want my pets to be doing the heavy lifting.

I got this on GOG, can I give someone else my installer and have them play online with me?

You can play LAN using hamachi or whatever you like. non-lan multiplayer uses gog galaxy.

You don't need any damaging skills, just curse of frailty (will hit the entire screen) and watch your pets go to work. For big AOE packs, pop the dog and you're golden.

I've got a 57 Conjurer that is currently tearing through Elite easier than any other character I've ran. Bramblebro, firedog, lightning dog (from savage relic) and skelebro (from black grirmoire) rip everything to pieces.

dude it runs worse than on my integrated intel

Change in options.

Uzhe pomenjal, bratan, v proshlom threade eto rekomendovali.
Like I've already said, it runs at a solid 35-40 fps, it's the OBS recording that 1) slows it down a bit and 2) records it at such a low framerate for some reason.

grimcalc.com/build/YJBZHSs
This is rougly what I'm going for when I max out my primal strike warder soon.
Not sure if maelstrom is actually worth so many points.

Not me because none of the torrents work and I haven't paid money for a game since 2012.

what does vindictive flame do exactly? I noticed activating it increases my DPS but by the description it sounds like a retaliation ability.

update your OBS to the latest version of OBS-studio if you haven't done so already

It retaliates with AoE stuns.

Is this the game where the dead bodies disappear and runs like shit even though it doesn't look much better than Titan Quest?

it's an AoE nova that activates on taking damage with a chance to stun
it also grants health regeneration and some global speed increase

oh so the regen and speed bonus are alway active? so it was the attack speed bonus that increased my dps

regen and speed bonus is active as long as you have the Vindictive Flame buff active, same as the other aura in demolitionists tree

Anyone have a clean save game on Elite difficulty, or have a link to a save editor that can make one? Basically allowing you to start on Elite with Normal completed and an appropriate level but your class unchosen and attributes unspent.

I can agree with that.

I did for a while, until POE came about and that was actual garbage, then GD came around and im on that atm until something better comes along.

reported

Can someone post a melee build that isn't shit? I couldn't level my soldier past ~15 because its AoEs were so frustrating to aim and hit so few targets, and it lacked survivability due to having to be in melee

Any mods that would increase the drop rate like tenfold or something?

I want to do another playthrough and something like that would be interesting

It would be Shamans again. Their primal strike + torrent means you hit one thing for a shitton plus five other things for a little less shitton. If you really want to you can also get Thunderous Strike which basically removes the cooldown entirely so you can press a button to clear waves.
Shamans are clearly Master Race Class.

No user, reflection tanks that regen like a crazy bitch are the master race. Though GD has less reflection than TQ

My game keeps freezing. I've gone through Old Arkovia ruins 6 times already, but I keep crashing either in it or when I try to use the Broken Hills portal.

I've already beaten the game once, why does this keep happening? I really do need a new graphics card.

I played it until I realized the levels aren't random and then went back to path of exile.

I've got the same problem actually, my game crashes randomly, sometimes I get an hour, other times I get 5 minutes between crashes

>play youtube.com/watch?v=w4oHBoeuZ10

Play in windowed mode.

Is that a sponge or are you trying to get rid of the dead googles in your basement?

back to cuckchan with you.

Fuck off back to 15buxChan.

With one point in Laceration, Blade Arc hits 11 targets in 280 degrees which is pretty much everything that isn't directly behind you. You can't go wrong with a Witchblade, but until you get your resists up you do need to play conservatively on Ultimate and then you can go back to facerolling. Normal/Veteran and Elite are both fully facerollable, even with bad res.

Borderless windowed mode + disable steam overlay.

You doing it wrong, and don't understand the meaning behind what you're saying.

Google/Skype is supposed to be exclusively used on social media platforms to drop fat redpills without being silenced and avoiding their censorship bot. As the kikes at jewgle cut us out of search results over a year ago, there is no need for that here. We can (and should) freely say nigger and kike.

Alright, so far I'm not impressed with Wendigo Totem. I don't have the upgrade yet, though, so that might be why it doesn't seem to be very impressive. Also, one thing I don't like about WT is the fact that it basically forces you to stay in one small area to reap benefits from it when what actually usually happens is I run around chasing down enemies and smacking them to death with Savagery. Considering a respec out of WT but willing to give the upgrade a try first.

top kek
This guy is so fucking hilarious.
Even his voice is maximum sperg.

WT is primarily used in retaliation builds where you wade into a pile of enemies, drop it, and let them fuck themselves on your %reflect while it heals you and further drains them.

As you've already figured out, it isn't particularly useful for mobile builds.

Yeah, gonna respec out of WT and see if I can get something more useful like Oleron's Rage in the Soldier tree.

I don't get how someone can be so absolutely braindead and still be able to use video editing software.

He must be faking it. Must be.

1 more because this guy is amazing

polite sage for offtopic

Has anybody else tried making and running a character through the Crucible to see how they compare to a normal character? I've got the vague feeling that I'm gimping my character in terms of components and craftables.

youtube.com/watch?v=_CEbWxb-Lh4
Here's the video he's complaining about for the curious.
He's complaining that the blender default scene already starts with a cube so he's not actually doing it from scratch.

Woah, man, warn a guy before you go posting that level of autism.

he autisms over TIL, but i just plugged it into google and got Today I Learned

This is my planned build, devotions and all: grimcalc.com/build/plQkz0g

GrimCalc is bretty handy.

Crucible is great for earning first 10 or so devotion points. Not sure how it would work if you just went all the way with it, because of the way the cost of devotion points ramps up.

Doesn't work

Retarded build question since I have like 30 hours into this crap but still don't get everything:

Why do people say Cadence is shit? How the fuck is primal strike supposed to be good at all (compared to blade arc, anyway), and how is savagery better than cadence?

grimcalc.com/build/MFdxucW also if anyone wants to help me out here, I'm playing co-op with a friend and I don't know where to invest those last 12 points

Why do you have both of your mastery bars maxed but so few skills

What level are you?

Originally I took more skills but my build is pretty much just auto-attacking with blade arc, I didn't feel like the investment in the other shaman skills was worth it without really getting passives, and I felt anything I could get to use as an active would be better spent getting passive bonuses or a toggle somewhere it's still a work in progress

40 right now, at the moment I have blade arc and laceration maxed, got the passive for shaman 2H maxed and am working towards primal bond to get some damage reduction + bonus bleed and physical

Who says cadence is shit? It's top-tier.

I was digging around for build ideas and people in the GD forums seemed to favor other basic attack skills instead, I never really understood that since cadence allows you to reach really stupid DPS extremely early into the game.

What's the point of veterancy?
You are gonna pump so much points into physique it seems wasted.

Reaching the point where I could wear the heaviest armor in the epic and legendary categories without having to equip anything giving me physique %, also so I can use any of the 2H melees since they get pretty steep reqs.

I get around 805 or so physique by the end of my build and I should require about 790+ or so after the reductions to be able to equip the heaviest shit, it's a pretty good bonus I thought

Makes more sense to max military conditioning first.
Veterancy only gives 1% at the later levels and physique also means health.

Guess I'll swap those points around, at that amount of physique the difference is actually much more in favor of military conditioning.

Are there any skills that are worthwhile without much spirit investment or specific gear on shaman's side? I didn't want to get a briarthorn since I'd end up being locked to pet gear, the primal spirit only lasts 20 seconds and as far as I'm aware most of the lightning based skills are bad if you don't stack lightning first.

Heart of the wild is amazing.
+35% health on level 10

I wasn't sure if it was outright 35% more health or 35% more health based on whatever the aura recovers, really wish this shit were specific on the skill tooltip

Also wendigo totem is great for the healing alone.
The life% heal goes up every 3 or so levels.

I didn't see that on grimcalc so I wasn't sure how good the healing got at later levels, would it be better to just level totem itself and ignore blood pact?

Not sure about how important bleeding damage really is in your build.

It's not really a focus, but I feel like it helps a lot as a secondary form of damage, it's not like I could build for anything else without changing way too much stuff around.

I dumped more into cunning because damage, my endgame is only about 30 pts in Physique and 50 in cunning (leftovers in Spirit to equip amulets and rings really)

313 spirit is the most you'll ever require for accessories it seems, I don't recall the cunning reqs but I do know that if you plan to use any of the heavier pieces of armor then you're looking at 800-900 physique reqs, it's pretty bad

gracefuldusk.appspot.com/items/8489-Bane-of-the-Winter-King

Found one of these. What do you think of this build to use it

grimcalc.com/build/U0iZ6Fd

Elemental Awakening and Merciless Repertoire would give you a good boost to cold if you wanted to build for it after getting that, I don't think there's much you could get for that in Soldier unless you want to build for Squad Tactics in order to off-set the slow attack speed.

You're right, that Elemental Awakening does look pretty good but Merciless Repertoire seems kind of lackluster. I might dump a few points in Blade Barrier instead of that for more survivability

Not planning on going hardcore but I've noticed I don't tend to do much damage when I'm lying on the ground as a corpse

Playing on normal still or what?

Just about to make the character now, was speaking theoretically. Whichever I end up spending the excess points on, they'll be late pick-ups anyway

I have no idea what the fuck I'm doing with this character.
grimcalc.com/build/gqcoC2v

If you're going soldier too I'd seriously recommend trying blade arc before you invest so far into primal strike, from personal experience it's not that good as an AoE clear skill, and in terms of doing good 1v1 damage you might be better off getting something like Slam or Brutal Slam on your weapon instead

Could do a retaliation build.

Played it. Gave up after killing the Warden. Uninstalled. Realized that as shitty as it was, there was still hope that it might get better later on. Tried it again as a different class and beat the game on veteran.

The active/damage skills are lame. Really, really lame. It's an upgrade over Diablo 1, but that's about it. The whole fucking thing revolves around picking one element type, which usually has 2 or maybe 3 attacks to go with it and then putting passives. You obviously want to specialize in ARPGs, but this piece of shit game takes this way too seriously. Want to do fire damage? Congratulations, you have like 3 fucking spells available to you. Everything else is passives, passives, passives. Passives that boost your attack skill, passives that boost your character, your masteries, your devotion. All passives. I want to play with abilities, not fill in a god damn fucking excel spreadsheet to bring in as many passives that boost the one or two skills I'll end up using.

Why is it so fucking hard to find gear with acceptable stats in this game? Armor with resistances or bonus armor are like 1 in 50 drop chance and armor with dual resist is like 1 in 200. And shit hurts even with maxed resists. But all the gear I find is absolute garbage like +200 spirit/+4% physique/30% acid dmg. OH YA THAT'S SO HELPFUL, LET ME RUN AROUND WITH 20% RESISTANCES I'M SURE I'LL HAVE A LOT OF FUN THAT WAY. I found *1* piece of equipment that was good and it was some random ass unique 2h weapon with a ton of elemental damage. Everything else was garbage and I had to choose between the pieces that sucked the less. Also, crafting/buying gear was completely pointless because IT ALL HAD FUCKING GARBAGE STATS TOO.

Act1: humanoids and a few aether things
Act2: humanoids and ghosts (which are humanoids except they glow)
Act3: humanoids and some giant bug… things and some aether things
Act4: humanoids, aether things and aliens from Fallout 2

I could barely draw a distinction between all the humanoid monsters. Even the zombies weren't visually impactful enough to differentiate them from other humanoids. I can't remember how any of the enemies in this game look like except the aether eyeballs, the cthulhu aliens form Fallout 2 and chtulu himself.

I forgot all of them except cthulhu. There was some warden in act 1, but I can't remember what he looked like. Every other boss was just a blur. Oh ya, they were all piss easy to beat, were no fun to fight and looked like shit.

Spam potions on cooldown and run around while your spells come off of cooldown. Defensive abilities? Utility skills? Crowd control? Nope, just spam damage because none of your other skills are worth a damn. I also spend like 3-4 hours in the same fucking area during a2 doing some ghost clearing shit and had to open some fucking door with a key and kill more ghosts for fucking ever. Jesus fucking christ, even the beginning of Act 3 in Diablo wasn't this retarded. Seriously, there were a bunch of areas where I'd spend over an hour just fighting the EXACT SAME ENEMY in the EXACT SAME ENVIRONMENT.

I paid attention at the start but the story bore me to tears before I made it to lvl 15. Voice acting was god awful all around, writing was shit tier, ambiance was non existent, environments were bland as fuck except for cthulhu's temple which had tentacles. None of the characters had any personality except maybe for that cook assassin guy.

And one final thing: visual fucking clutter. When there's a lot of shit going on you can't see ANYTHING. Even ASSFAGGOTS aren't that bad. There's literally shit flying all over the god damn place and you can't tell if you're standing in a puddle of rape or not.

Fuck this game. I'd rather play Diablo 3 and Diablo 3 is fucking garbage.

i was certain this was going to be him complaining about using the word dice instead of die, but then he never even brought it up. after all the autistic shit he's complained about he's not even going mention that?

i think my favorite part is that he constantly calls other people idiots, probably because he's been rightly called one his whole life, and he thinks that that is a valid response to anything he doesnt agree with

I don't think the genre is for you, user.

Sometimes you just have to accept you're not the target audience of something and move on

I have like 25 thousand hours across Diablo 1, Diablo 2, Diablo 3, Torchlight 1, Torchlight 2, Path of Exile and to my great shame, Borderlands 2. That's 25000. Or 25,000.

I fucking love the genre and I'm starving for another great ARPG. Grim Dawn was a piece of shit game and I got bored of it before I hit lvl 15 on my first character.

So then what do I even bother with in the Shaman tree? The aura stuff?

but it's got a 3m radius. Do I just spam it all over the screen?

25,000 hours / 24 hours in a day = 1041.66666666 repeating days * 8 hours of gameplay per day = 8333.333333 repeating days / 356 days in a year = 23.40823970037453 years

You need to max it out. At 10/10 it's 10.3 meters.

Casual much?

But in all seriousness, I started nearly 20 years ago and I spent way, way too much time playing these games. 6-7k on D3/PoE, about 3k on D1, TL1/2 and Borderlands 2 and over assorted ARPGs that I didn't play for very long and the rest in D2.

fugg

ssshhhhiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeetttttt

Windowed mode by itself doesn't help. Haven't tried borderless/steamUI option yet. Finally managed to activate the Broken Hills portal - bolted out of the old arkovia ruins to the portal, teleported to DC and exited the game. It still crashed but at least it saved the activated portal.

Post some gameplay please, you sound like you've got the metagame on the back of your hand. Particularly this guy:

I think that was the guy that had some aether breath attack? Same as every other boss: run around spamming my skills on cooldown waiting for potions to be back up.

school / work eats up 8-10 hours, sleep eats up 6-8 hours which leaves 8-10 hours for other things
I'm not going to do the math to account for weekends

Not everybody works 40 hours a week. And I also used not to sleep much. I'm certainly not bragging about it, but that's how much time I spent on those games. Whether you believe me or not is your problem, not mine.

Spending time on Diablo 3 is just as bad as spending time on Borderlands 2 (I played both too).

I wish they would implement the speed setting from TQ AE into Grim Dawn.

It feels so slow now.

I'm talking about him recording himself taking down Commander Lucius.

kek

proud backer here
its one of the few kikestarters that went well

Was falcon the one who shots fucking golden eagles when you attack? that shit dealt way too much damage I LOVED IT
Was it nerfed?

Cadence is better than savagery when you invest in it. A tank build for example benefits from 1 level of savagery to proc stuff than cadence.

Outright 35% more health once you turn the aura on. It's single handedly the best skill for tanks.

And Wendigo does 5% + 500 on the max level. Overlevelling it I have never tried.

This guy is a god

What is it with vidya gods and being massive cuntbuckets

You can kill him. Maybe. He summons a bunch of high level monsters.

This guy is more dense than a black hole.

Seriously considering trying to piss him off enough to make him hostile so I have an excuse to kill him but the Rovers are pretty bro-tier and I don't want to piss them off

You can kill him theoretically.
He's supposed to be the strongest entity in the game right?

debating what class to roll next after Warder. Not sure I want to delve into casters just yet. Thinking Blademaster for a dualwielding blades build of some sort, but I know jack shit about Nightblade tree.

Bud I can run it on a a6-6400k dual core shitter thats literally 50 dollars, you must need to DUST or some shit

Spellbreaker using Phantasmal Blades and Devastation is one of the safest and strongest pure caster builds and is fun as fuck.

I don't get the synergy there, one's got piercing/cold/vit/bleed/chaos and the other's fire/aether

What's the build and what stats would you even look for

grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42210

Friend plays it, tanky, decent damage, very easy to play.

Oh, I see, it uses a bunch of conversion items to get it all to fire/aether

It all adds up now

DEATH
MOVE
DEATH
MOVE
DEATH
MOVE
DEATH
MOVE
KILL HIM!
KILL HIM!
KILL HIIIIIM!

So I'm about lvl 40 atm on Veteran and have been building mostly a Zoo-conjurer with Eye of Dreeg bomb being my only direct attack skill. I have centered my gear mostly around pet bonuses, but everything else is poison/acid based. I think switching to a bleeding/vitality build might be a good idea.

is it?

I assume that means he has full resist in that case. I imagine the fight to have gone horridly sideways in elite or ultimate.

bump