DDDA General

DDDA General
Wyverns' colors match their classes from when they were Arisen Edition
wiki: dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon's_Dogma_Wiki
Post yer pawn here: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-n50bJM4l1R-OtlqlMjXveGUAUrPutCU5cR8b_fxYCY/edit#gid=0
Good mods
nexusmods.com/dragonsdogma/mods/96/?
nexusmods.com/dragonsdogma/mods/108/?
nexusmods.com/dragonsdogma/mods/4/?
mega.nz/#!ThVyiJBL!Uy2cpiMpl5l60Y6cpFEd0GmPr3r9Kp3T_VUvoZSEyRA
nexusmods.com/dragonsdogma/mods/46/?
nexusmods.com/dragonsdogma/mods/95/?
nexusmods.com/dragonsdogma/mods/7/?
FAQ
Dragon's Dogma is an action RPG made by Crapcom with super fun combat, comfy fantasy aesthetics, very good character customization, and [TECHNOLOGY]
You can either pirate it or buy it on GMG (gives you a $team key). You will not be able to share pawns (AI dudes that you create) with people online if you pirate it, and note that GMG purchases don't give any money to Valve
1. Do not play on hard mode, it was added as a way to make NG+ appropriately challenging and it will actually make the base game easier but more frustrating since you will be 1-shotted a lot but will get many instaheals from leveling up twice as fast and can buy super fancy weapons with the bloated gold drops.
2. Make sure your pawn doesn't have the guardian, nexus, or acquisitor inclinations. Guardian makes them stick to you 24/7 no matter what and barely do anything, nexus makes them drop whatever they're doing to carry other pawns to you, and acquisitor makes them into a greedy hook-nosed grabbler that will go look for items on the ground in the middle of combat
3. Don't go to Bitterblack Isle until you have beaten the game, and if you just killed the Dragon then you haven't beaten it yet so keep going.
4. Those shitty notice board quests like "kill 10 goblins" are not something you should focus on, you'll be killing plenty of mooks anyways on the actual quests so just accept them and play as you normally would
5. Explore, you don't have to focus on quests to play the game effectively. Running around the overworld killing mooks and finding shit can level up your vocations much faster than quests and you will find some helpful gear (if you do this in the early game at least). The overworld is full of shit like "that cave behind the waterfall with a treasure chest in it" and after hundreds of hours I still occasionally find new things.
6. If you make a loli pawn prepare to be bullied (especially if she's a mage)

Other urls found in this thread:

capcom.co.jp/ir/english/data/pdf/annual/2016/annual_2016_10.pdf
capcom.co.jp/ir/english/data/annual.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'm still relatively new to this game, is this a thing?

also
Damage mainly comes from levels, so higher level would imply higher playtime; which means you should have came across good weapons anyway.

Hardmode best mode.

It's spoilerific, but yeah. All the wyverns used to be Arisen, and their element corresponds to how they fought when they were human. The red Drakes use fire but all of their attacks are physical, no magic whatsoever. The blue Wyrms use ice and use spells a lot, and the wyverns try to stay out of range by flying, like an archer staying back from an opponent.

Hardmode is not universally not recommended, just for new players. I have a friend that used solo Bitterblack Isle on Hard Mode to powerlevel himself up to 200, then pulled his pawn up in record time as well (he basically killed a bunny and his pawn jumped 16 levels). But he's played the game through several times before and knows what he's doing.

Well I went and beat the dragon and then met the guy in the Great Everfall, didn't know game would punch you into NG+ after the Great Everfall though so I didn't get to explore the eternal night.

I did the same thing even though I knew what would happen. I got so wrapped up in finally finishing the game that I completely forgot that I hadn't beaten Daimon yet, so I jumped to NG+ and went straight to Bitterblack, got all my vocations and equipment back, and restarted Bitterblack with all my stuff.

I recommend you do, too, because it's built for endgame and postgame characters, and you'll get better equipment there than you ever had in the main game.

Ah my friends decided they were going to give it a go so I retired my first character and made a new one so they could use a not op pawn. I think this one is less retarded than my previous though, might be because she's sorcerer though instead of strider.

Not really - damage mainly comes from weapons and augments. To the point that full strength builds can still be a decent magick archer and stagger the online UrD with the Blackwing Bow with a Ninefold Bolt.

Hard mode makes you stagger more while enemies stagger less, while they have exactly the same health and defense, so it only makes fights more tedious while your tactics would remain the same, with the caveat being that a single hit from them would rape you. The only good thing about hard mode is the double exp, DCP and extra shekels which means you can abuse it to powerlevel your character/get rich as fuck.

But doesn't Grigori, and eventually your character, only become a dragon after first a) defeating their own dragon and then b) failing to defeat the Seneschal? Wouldn't that mean that every lesser dragon we see also at least defeated their own dragon and opened the Everfall? I think people would have noticed the ground opening that many times.

He's not wrong, if an enemy outlevels you they will take middling damage, even if you're using one of the strongest weapons in the game and it's highly upgraded. Minmaxing may be a myth, but your damage output is absolutely tied to your level.

t. tried to take on possessed pawns at Lv. 50 with dragonforged Dragon's Glaze

I had the dragon's dogma sword and was struggling to clear bitterblack mobs untill I went back around 50-60 levels later and was clearing it was ease, same weapon. This was pretty much the same for everything I fought.
Cheap build is cheap.

I didn't know that the health/defense was the same. I always figured the dogs (grom?) in BB were tanky because of hardmode.

First time playing and I've just arrived in Gran Soren for the first time. I went to the inn and when I checked my storage I found these really fancy pieces of armour, each with a little house icon next to them. From what I've gathered these are DLC items which are included in the PC release of Dark Arisen, except that according to the wiki they should be sold by merchants and not already in my storage. I don't want to ruin the game for myself by equipping ridiculously good gear right at the beginning of the game. Any ideas what's going on?

On the other hand, however, I've made quite a bit of money doing a few quests between Cassardis and the Encampment, and was hoping I'd be able to spend it on some better gear when I arrived at Gran Soren, but the armourer barely has anything, and what he is selling isn't any better than what the merchant at Cassardis had. Am I missing something, or do I need to get further into the game with my starting-level gear before I can find/buy better stuff?

Is the game still fun without the online pawn system?

As you progress further into the game, more stuff is offered in the shops. No idea about the DLC items.

Do you know what the house icon is supposed to mean at least? I've tried searching the internet to find an answer and so far come up with nothing.

Don't worry, it's not ridiculously good gear, it's mostly fanservice gear. Outfits of different characters you will meet.

More equipment will unlock the more the game goes on, and even more depending on a few factors. There will eventually be two quests that allow you to expand a shopowner's inventory. All of the best endgame gear is on Bitterblack Isle anyway, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

I still don't know why dragons dogma fags are obsessed with insisting their game is better because its so much more le awesome to do things in this game

the combat is still grindy as shit as all the enemies are obnoxious and uninteresting damage sponges

soulsfags may be hatin but u still lurkin the thread smh

The world never really changes between different arisen failures or seneschals.
In the same way there is always a duke who sacrificed his love, an Dragonborn from millennia past, the ground is always sealed up between every iteration of the chain because the entirety of the world just resets.
It's always an infinite loop of ever changing seneschals and failures, just with different people.
That is, until someone willed it to be no more, until someone was brought on such a difficult dilemma that he could take it no longer.

It is kind of implied that they come from other places and/or timelines. One of them explicitly says that he comes from the same country as the Arisen you play as, and that maybe there's something new to learn in dragon form, for instance. Some autists have theorized that these could be faggot Arisens who avoided Grigori/their own dragons for too long so the Seneschal sort of punished them by sending them to another Arisen's world as fake dragons.

Staggered/downed enemies take extra damage. Same with you, and this on top of hard mode mobs already doing straight double damage. Being able to down/stagger enemies easier in normal makes the fight end that faster. Stamina consumption being doubled is relatively harmless since you can always carry an extra ton of shrooms. I play warrior a lot and their main advantages are AoE attacks which knockdown a lot plus having an innate resistance to knockdown/stagger themselves, and hard mode makes warrior builds quite pointless unless it's a pawn who can just be a meat shield and still be efficient at the job.

I think I phrased it badly, my point was that with strong weapons such as BBI Lv.3 weapons builds and actual stats become unimportant since you still do tons of damage. Getting to 200 as quickly as possible is also important, yes.

Duels with possessed pawns are the closest thing to a PvP mode this game has, so sometimes it's actually neat to be able to do so.

It's still fun, but you won't have a harem of huge buff wizards helping you out.

The house icon indicates that an item is currently in your inn storage/bank.

I didn't know about the stagger mechanics being easier but then again, most things I can stagger with ease I can normally kill quite quickly.

Looking through the nexus I see there is a "legendary dark arisen mod"; anyone have any experience with this?

Seems to just triple spawn rates of most mobs

Soulscucks also insist their game is better. There's enough difference between the two to warrant enjoying both. Why not embrace the true way of the NEETo, the First of the Fags and just play both instead of shitposting?

But does the Everfall not connect different planes of existence the way the Endless Tower was supposed to? I mean Duke Edmund is confirmed to have refused the dragon's offer, so you aren't the only Arisen within this plane, but other characters like Selene's master and the one you meet on whatever they call the Nazca-lines-mountain seem to be phantoms from ages past, maybe different realms. I don't think, aside from the tutorial Arisen, your own Arisen from past playthroughs and other players' Arisen, there's any confirmed instance where an Arisen became the seneschal.

Not saying it isn't neat, just saying it shows the disparity in the levels when I can only damage them with Deathly Arrow headshots, but they can oneshot me with Endecad Shot. Not all eleven arrows either, just one of the arrows. Maybe the problem is that they gave the pawns perfect aim so they always get headshots.

Oh whoops that second paragraph is quoting

Stunlocking is a core mechanic in this game, the slightly more hilarious version is torporing which works on all the fake dragons as well.

Never gave it a try; 3 Deaths would be ultra-annoying while farming, and 3 Firedrakes + 3 Frostwyrms would be almost impossible.

It seems appealing except for the flying shit, I've played fighter the entire game and winged fuckers have been the bane of my existence.

Fair point.

Those guys are level 200 by the way, and have stats equivalent to an Arisen who exclusively leveled up in their respective vocation (the fighters would be 200 levels of fighter, the sorcerers would be 10 levels of mage and 190 of sorcerer and so on). Oh and they have infinite stamina so the rangers are the cheapest of the lot, but at least they wear crap gear. Try dueling your own pawn, decked in full BBI gear, when he gets possessed by dragons/Daimon. One shots all day, and other pawns will even straight up ignore Daimon to try and help you kill a possessed pawn first.

Winged fuckers are the only reason I finally ditched Warrior for MK/MA. Fighting Death as Warrior is actually pretty simple, but the Wyverns are rage inducing.

So a couple of days ago Capcom released their annual report. Among one of report hints at DDO probably hitting the western market. capcom.co.jp/ir/english/data/pdf/annual/2016/annual_2016_10.pdf towards the end.

Also other business plan pdfs by Capcom if you're interested capcom.co.jp/ir/english/data/annual.html

Anybody else like Strider? I feel like it's an under appreciated class.

Japanese Skyrim

The Magick Archer and Assassin classes get a few unique abilities that make them more powerful than Striders by quite a lot. They lose Hailstorm Volley and Helm Splitter but they get the likes of Masterful Kill and Ricochet Hunter plus other goodies that are tailored for advanced play, without being too specialized like a Ranger is. But Strider pawns are almost always great hires.

It seems the Capkike executives considered the original game as a flop, or at least not as huge as they thought it was gonna be, so they decided to use the IP in a gamble. i.e making an MMO out of BBS RPG (the term BBS already implies constant internet connectivity and player interaction anyway, although not strictly in-game) and try to pander to the WoW/LoL audience.

Fuck

Ranged builds in DD are pretty unique in that you actually have to be good at aiming, you really come to appreciate the thought that they put into all of the different weak points on every single enemy.

This chart is objectively true, though, sorry

Do you have the one with magic?

The BBI fake dragons are much stronger than their Gransys counterparts but have the same DFing RNG, which makes them a shit choice for DFing gear. While the Cursed Dragons are actually easy - use a rusted bow to torpor, then attach yourself to the heart and dagger it to death. One b8 is good for 2-3 spawns. It can even DF unenhanced gear if RNGesus is feeling like it.

But there are so many of them and they appear so frequently, it's better than hunting down all of the lesser dragons across the overworld. The three I was talking about were the frostwyrm and firedrake followed by a random cursed dragon encounter.

Oh you mean the ones who spawn in either the Fallen City or Sparyard of Scant Mercy. Those fights get annoying after the first few times though, I only fight them nowadays if I need the materials that they drop. The best place to DFarm gear IMO is the Duskmoon Tower. It doesn't matter which part of the main story/BBI campaign you're in, you can lay down a Rancid Bait Meat there and the Cursed Dragon will always show up. After killing one, exit to either Ward of Regret or Vault of Defiled Truths and go right back in to Duskmoon Tower, if your bait is still active, then another Cursed Dragon will immediately appear. Main advantage of this method is the higher chance, easier fight, and the reliable spawn rate of the CD.

Sparyard of Scant Mercy was one of my favorite rooms in the game because taking on multiple dragons solo was great as a Sorcerer / Magick Archer / Mystic Knight, but it gets a little repetitive as any other class. Fallen City dragon fights across the rooftops are pretty neat too.

Hadn't considered using rusted weapons to make the cursed dragon encounters easier

The Magick Archer is unable to abuse the rusted weapons trick since the spellbow can only debilitate with regular shots. The other bow classes can use Fivefold or Tenfold to the point that Strider/Ranger pawns can just carry a GDF rusted bow to the Rift aka pawn rental office and still be useful as fuck. It's quite hilarious watching Strider pawns slow an enemy down then get up close to do massive damage with Helm Splitter.