Youtube going down like the hindenburg

So I kinda want to talk about this, just because this feels like this is a train that about to crash into a nuclear plant.

This is has been a on going more and more youtube being this big thing and not realising not how big they are they can still fall regardless.

Like, let me talk about it from a perspective standpoint like a business decision this hole advertiser friendly video thing, who does this actually pay who wins by kinda enforcing this. because all I see is youtube losing like all the people who make important and good things on there, now getting told to basically get told to fuck off.

As for why, I honestly I feel if there's any place better to discuss this then I would not know of it, because despite this site being the shit post kings their are a fair few of us who still use youtube and I think this should be open to being talk about.

Other urls found in this thread:

clips4sale.com/79943/feetextreme/Cat0-AllCategories/Page1/DisplayOrder-desc/Limit10
twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/695777795922726913
archive.is/AXGFM
youtube.com/watch?v=m0Q5jO8I59w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

nobody fucking cares holy shit

I care so you're wrong.

He showed you, you bully.

Maybe you're a nobody

That just makes you a nobody, you nerd.

Mainly I kinda want to see how this all plays out, because I am pretty positive we will get many keks here and there.

Honestly I am one those people who loves watching horrible things happen a lack of empathy can do the mind wonders, and honestly I want to see how this gets blown up

The only real important question that's going though my head is how big will the boom be.

"Some men want to watch the world burn." And boy howdy did I jump on that boat.

It's telling that they names the subscription service "Red" when it was the catalyst to enable sitewide political censorship.

You sound like you're 15 years old.

Guess free use was never in their intentions then, honestly makes me think this was the plan from the beginning maybe this was what youtube was leading up to but they couldn't start off as that.

a majority of youtube users are normalfags, and normalfags are oblivious to these issues and just follow what youtube feeds them, which is "advertisement friendly"

i don't think youtube is dumb enough to sink, they just won't care when they kill all their smaller channels

Why hasn't someone other than Jewtube (I actually mean the jewtube site, not youtube) made their own site yet?

I want it to burn.
Then again i'm an arsonist so whatever.

Hmm, yeah you have a honest point, I mean getting rid of retards like pleasediepie and mark, would honestly feel like something really stupid I mean the views honestly don't lie.

If only zippcast were still around

I'd love to have a toast to youtube shooting itself in the foot, but your posts sound like a fucking 13 year old typed them

Hitler used the Hindenburg, do you think he would use youtube?

Smaller channels will just turn into advertiser friendly teasers for their main channel on other sites, I think Vimeo is going to see a huge surge in users.

Larger channels and networks will just fall in line, the content creators bound to them will be censored (basically, anyone under Machinima, etc.)

Youtube will definitely stop making money, start losing money, but google will keep it hooked up to life support forever, hoping it'll make a comeback. Youtube isn't going anywhere.

What's the over-under on anti-white, anti-male videos being flagged as advertiser unfriendly?

Ehh fair enough, honestly it wasn't my best then again I don't think I needed to do so given the context, I mean what else is there to say besides their cutting off their arm at shoulder when their already missing their legs.

Nice try Archfiend

user, die fuhrer did not make it to ze submarine.

He dead.

It's terrible. People are trying to make an honest living off their content but now YouTube is making it harder and harder for them to do so.

Normalfags don't care, but they WILL notice if their favorite e-celebs stop making content they like, which the e-celebs will do if it is no longer financially incentivized.
They probably won't riot and complain, but they will move on to other things.

nigger hitler was sixty years ahead of the curve

Full30 is there for gun channels at least. I've tended to use it for a while to watch gun videos, and recently changed over exclusively after Forgotten Weapons had to pixel-censor a swastika in a video on a Walther pistol so YouTube would let him post it.

Hosting a video is easy, finding a way to pay for sending a million people a gigabyte of a cat falling down is fucking hard. Youtube lost billions for years to establish itself, can you afford to compete?

OH BOY

=NOT VIDYA GUYS, SAGE AND MOVE ON==

He used fascism.

VIDEO GAMES

There are still places like Vimeo and Dailymotion, but nobody switches over. Many people have tried to create alternatives but died out. They all lose money, even Youtube, because it costs money to buy drives to store videos, but many videos don't make their money back in advertising due to low views, or having no ads at all.

Report it brother, you have to fight it.

Faggots.

Good riddance

Good. Maybe it can take all of the fucking Let's Players with it. Good fucking riddance.

I personally think we should band together, report all the content that infringes the tos from big youtubers until we force these big youtubers to leave the site and choose a better option.

It won't be a hole in Google's pocket, but at least they won't have control over the biggest video platform in the internet.

Sounds pretty interesting, but am pretty sure they get away with still hanging around some how, fuck dsp is still a thing mind you and he's flag reported and trash in all kinds of ways yet he still lives like a cockroach after nuclear warfare.

I see the SJW thread sliders are in full force right now.

You would hate-fuck a good looking SJW?

hey, i stopped reading about four sentences in because you write like a fucking idiot. bye

I tried but couldn't understand what the fuck you were writing.

Anyway, I think it's odd that so many big companies are trying so desperately to force marxism and tyranny censorship and all that then falling flat on their faces. They're like lemmings jumping off a cliff one after the other.
Surely they can see that it doesn't work?

I dunno, YouTube really looked like it was going to fail like ten years ago and it's still around. The problem is there are no alternatives out there and even if someone made one no one's going to switch all their shit away from YouTube. That's why Google Plus failed: No one would migrate over from Facebook for Google Plus. Google knows this, which is why they pour so much stock into YouTube: They want it to be an indestructible beast, because it's probably the second most profitable thing Google's got with number one being their search engine.

Sorry, guys, but we're stuck with YouTube. The Internet made its choice. The public has spoken. They've won. Game over, man. Game over.

What happened to Zippcast? What was wrong with it? All I can find about it is an Encyclopedia Dramatica page that looks like it was written by somebody who was fucking twelve.

Of course

Who the fuck cares? It's always been a shit site. Good riddance let the e-celebs make a real living instead of doing nothing.

Hey, I art is art, I enjoy it no matter the source fact is none of you morons can draw without being with a dick in someone's mouth.

As for youtube, people will just learn how to stream its better than half assed lets play's anyway.

Its somewhat the truth, but at the same time people are making more of a splash like ever before. Unless they actually try to turn back they're get fucked a bit.

And I like when tumblr faggots actually stay in tumblr. Go back

the internet must be consumed by capital, there is no other way aside from revolution, and everyone's too busy watching youtube videos to revolt

What's the summary of this? Is it likely to actually bring Youtube down?

Sounds fun.

Doubtful. but I think the smaller channels wont get anywhere without someone seeing the ability to grow and raising awareness.

So

Basically, to summarize this friendly advertising is going to enforce you to either make video that okay to advertise on or you can just get fucked. by that I mean you stop making money off your videos.

No

Body

Fucking

Cares

Faggot

Thanks for letting everyone know.

Would Hitler support the Jewish media?
Hmmm, let me think that one over real carefully.

NIce trips, now report the thread

Thanks for correcting the record.

Fuck jewtube.
Let it burn.

Vimeo is infested with hipster types so I would expect it to go to shit even faster than youtube did.
Dailymotion is okay, but it's search engine is ass which makes it damn near impossible to find what you're actually looking for.

Only downside I see to this is another round of hearing retards whining about not getting respect as "content creators."

H

E

L

L

O

R

E

D

D

I

T

This should be categorically untrue on Holla Forums. The influence YT has on the gaming industry is ridiculous, it gives huge amounts of sway for ecelebs in gaming, but it also can fuck AAA in the ass because it gives consumers a lot more power having a centralized location where videos of a game could be played.

YouTube was alright, years ago, when it wasn't owned by Jewgle, and people were making videos out of passion instead so they can make bank on corporate shilling (and then turn around and go "oh yeah goy it makes no money thats why we care so much about our adsense being turned off") but no website has cropped up to fill that vacancy

I'm happy to watch it burn. We should be throwing fuel in the fire, pissing off the faggy e-celebs and getting salt, instead of acting like 7.9mb webms are somehow superior

/r/ing a non-commercialized video upload site with a categorization and/or tagging system like Danbooru

The sad reality is that youtube will probably make tons of money by betraying their original supporters and content creators.

Nearly every trendy website has done it in recent years. They distinguish themselves from the crowd by allowing users to be edgy and basically do whatever they want. That way they'll attract young people who will spread it to their friends and families. And then they kick them out when the advertisers come knocking on the door. It's actually kind of surprising youtube hasn't done this sooner.

Yeah, because most other video sites don't even want youtube's audience. Their entire business model is based around catering to niche markets.

The only way we're ever going to get a decent youtube alternative is if people are willing to pay for it via subscriptions like with Netflix and Twitch.tv

hi handsome :3

I agree with you 100% I honestly felt really sad when I heard people earn money off of just playing games, I mean dude am glad you like games but it's a hobby not a job.

I as for everyone else who gets the shaft that isn't some game fag I feel bad for because people who indepth complicated animations or any other thing they work hard at, is just going to be fucked by this find less motivation to actually keep working at what they love creating.

Youtube is shit and dying, Twitch is now the main audience.

Thread over.

I don't like twitch.

user, the own founder of jewtube made the first comment in years on his account asking what the hell he needs a jewgle plus account to even post a comment.

That place is fucked and many of the best and top videos that made youtube great to begin with in its early years have all been taken down ages ago.

I guess it's up to another Pajeet to make a jewtube successor with less jewry.

Well, yeah.
Isn't that, in a general sort of way, how we all wound up here?

Yes and no. There's no denying that what happens ON YT is a major influence on the industry, yet I would also say that the platform itself is overall neutral. Maybe not in intent but in terms of actual effect, since they have no real ability to compel interest. It's just too big to herd their users one way or the other.

This is definitely true, and I feel that it fits in with the general shittification of the web that seems to have occurred over the last decade or so. Everything has become a form of aggregator.

You are a fucking retard

See above.

I know, but it really is the future for online shit, which will KILL US ALL.

source?

Feet Extreme

clips4sale.com/79943/feetextreme/Cat0-AllCategories/Page1/DisplayOrder-desc/Limit10

But YouTube isn't owned by Google
It's owned by Alphabet

It's funny. Years ago, I once mentioned how I wished youtube would let people save videos. Everyone asked why. I said it was so that I could have access to that video even if youtube did something to it. I was laughed at and called a retard who didn't understand that youtube was forever and the videos would always be there. That's how stupid and naive the population of 4chan was several years ago.

I heard that Twitch.tv was allowing uploads now so they can dual-specialize as a video site. How's that working out?

GLASS BREAKS

That's a bit of a silly attitude, isn't it? Hobbies and jobs are not mutually exclusive.

I think what you meant to say is that "it's a hobby, not a career". There is no path for any of these people to progress down, they are taking the easy route now for a quick buck, but they're shooting themselves in the foot employment-wise.

Can you imagine their life at age 40? No one is going to want to watch a weird, 40-something trying to be hip and cool with the kids, and no respectable employer wants to hire someone who's done literally nothing with their life for 20+ years.

They will just live off of dead mom and pops money.

Get with the fucking times.

You're right I should have worded it better my mistake, you're also right about their futures honestly am just lucky I have people to fall back onto, I don't think the people who do this stuff have that kind of luxury.

If I were in front of you, I'd slap your ass because of how silly you're being.

They will have options down the road because they'll have connections.

It's like when Newgrounds was lost all over again. They never understand what made them so great to begin with and then become surprised when they lose it all.

The internet is so fucked these days. The vast majority of people including a bunch of casuals here I bet only go to a number a websites they can count on their own fingers. You faggots need to learn how to diversify your internet assets.

jewish name game.gif
days without jewish tricks.png

Was this before or after eternal newfag summer?

nigga u gay

what?

REMOVE THIS

I don't really remember. It was a long time ago.

Mate that was almost 10 years ago now. Newfag wave came in 07.

watch pewdie get a free swear pass because he's such a huge money maker for them. its always just the little guys that get shit on when google and youtube shake shit up

we're going to be forced innawoods before you know it

Does such a thing even exist?

2007 didn't feel that long ago to me

tear

Dude I have no idea what the fuck you're trying to say? Are you saying that Youtube is going to go down in a world of shit because they cut the ads to some cuckservative or what?

Also, what the shit does this have to do with video games?

Yes, but not for more than a few months. Then they get fat and ugly.

Its relation to video games is that so far it's affecting fucking everybody regardless of content which puts things like Let's Plays/video walkthroughs/etc. at risk along with disallowing a shit-ton of content if it's not kosher or family-friendly. Hence video games.

Dude, OP didn't mention video games. In fact, I can't play Youtube, now can I? If you're going to be a normalfag nigger, go to fucking Holla Forums and talk about how much you'd rather watch obnoxious faggots and other ecelebs play video games, instead of fucking playing a goddamn video you normalfag.

Also you're probably a nigger or a beaner that should gb2leddit.

in most cases it's somebody elses "content" so it's jews trying to outjew jews , on the other hand jewtube wins because it can finaly go full 1984 due to it's very vague new rule system and since there is no viable alternative available so that's never good

It was alive a few months ago.

Good idea.

Really, just shit up their report system for some keks and salt from the big name fags. Even a TOS strike that gets recinded later gets their man-buns in a twist.

welp, time to take down every single battlefield and ass creed video

It's all a distraction maneuver.

Intelligent, nihilistic, and with a wicked sense of humor. You don't need to tell us about how special you are, idiot

How long until an ipfs youtube replacement

twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/695777795922726913

The curse is real.

*Tips katana*

yeah, they're gonna distract me all the way to video downloaders and dailymotion

Oh Jesus. I'm not surprised that there are landwhales and betas and Jewgle but I AM surprised that these people have anything to say. It's like companies WANT to fuck themselves up by hiring this human filth.

yeah just like twitter
you always make money by pandering to crybabies, right?

They're on overdrive to damage control over the Wikileaks email.

I really want to know what was going through their heads when they decided to implement this.
This is simply not a sustainable business model, and their stockholders/executive board must know this.
My guess is that they'll selectively enforce this…

Although, with their dropping of the "Don't be evil" slogan back in 2015, due to the beck and call of their parent company… this type of 1984 shit was inevitable in most part due to their wide spread reach of online influence (as the drop of said slogan is a sort of internal paradigm shift of the company, and says a lot due to the act itself).
archive.is/AXGFM

I didn't see that email, u mind spoonfeeding this cave dweller?

See:

I just want to know why. Every major company on Earth already advertises on youtube. What advertiser is holding out because of "inappropriate content"?

I mean it could be them trying to weed out partners so they have to pay less people money. But that seems very very dumb, as every single one of the top channels on youtube has content that would be considered inappropriate with the new rules, which would mean those channels stop making their money, so they stop making videos, so there are no new videos for people to watch and thus less ad money for jewtube.

youtube going down over censorship is an overstatement since majority of users watch cat videos, kinder surprise opening videos, and newest music videos from our jewish overlords

silly sjw wars means nothing for youtube as far as money is concerned except pushing for shillary

Google actually wants Youtube viewership to drop. They made a huge mistake purchasing it, it bleeds them money every year, and can't shut it down because it's too big.

99% of the changes to YT over the last 3 or 4 years were entirely pointless, so…

I kinda wish google would suddenly be like "ok we're closing down youtube in a week, content creators will have additional month to backup their stuff then goodbye"

I'm amazed they still can't get the comment section right. It was better as it was before they bought it.

Like the layout team changing things around randomly from time to time just to keep themselves employed.

I remember reading that the the top channels on youtube are distributors of music videos and adverts for movies and television shows, that sort of thing. I think the biggest channel that produces original content is pewdiepie, and even he's a fair way down the rankings. Every other channel is basically nothing.

Now where have I heard that before?

Best save your favourite videos now lads

A lot of which have profanity, sexual innuendo/themes, or controversy.

Ah I c, yeah, it's a tentative but possible connection.

All the other changes I've seen has decreased the usability. Though the HTML5 support upgrade was good, but that's about it.

Those were once populating all the top channel spots, but once they actually implemented the curbing of bot clicks and such; those channels fell in popularity as most of their views/clicks were fraudulent.

Imagine the shock going through the web. Imagine the terror when they realize they can't post a ranting video about it anymore.

I'd kind like to see that happen.

Good point. There's a lot of rap music on jewtube.

Yep. That's about the only noteworthy thing I can remember. It seems to me that even Google doesn't know what to do with YT or where they want to go.

Hey goys, remember YouTube Gaming??

trips for the frog god
let it be so

"Nothing of value" and all that.

I shouldn't be surprised, but I am

Honestly, I think it's fuckin bullshit and I can't stand this shit. My problem is, there's not much that can be done. Even if you did create a competing platform, how would you get the highest content generators to move over to it, and how would you make it more profitable than Youtube?

Videos which are about self-help, depression, suicide, etc are being demonetized. A lot of people think "THIS IS THE REGRESSIVES, THE LEFT ARE TAKING OVER!" But no, because Youtube is demonetizing THEM TOO.

No idea how to fix it, no idea if you can fix it. How do you get advertisers to jump onboard with a new platform? I don't know, if you can figure it out, do it.

OH SHIT WHAT HAVE I DONE!

Don't be afraid. Relish your power.

they move to patreon funding? I see this trend a lot

So the whos are sabotaging youtube as an income platform to move people towards their friends at Patreon. Makes sense.

that girl in vid also made good point about trying to push people over to youtube red, seems ad block is really pain in the ass for them and that YT is not making a lot of money

I don't think Patreon is really a sustainable platform because most of Youtube's adsense dollars are passive, as in companies pay for ads on videos. Patreon is people actively paying for Youtubers. Patreon requires weekly donations, unless someone wants to keep cycling their donations, like donate $30, cancel donations and then wait a month, do it again to give $30 a month to someone… There's no payment options on Patreon, it's once a week and fuck you if you want otherwise… But most people don't pay PewdiePie to do what he does, businesses do. If it came down to users, how many of those kids he does videos for would actually be able to donate weekly to PewdiePie and how much? I don't think he'd be making a million a year like that, so Patreon isn't a real solution because it's a step down for 95% of content generators.

To my knowledge, the only Youtuber who had the presence of mind to do it his own way before shit hit the fan was Ross Scott where he basically took donations directly from viewers on his own site and said fuck Patreon and fuck Youtube adsense.

So let's get a list of alternatives going just in case

Dailymotion
Veoh
Vimeo

What else?

I miss divx, dat quality

And obviously twitch for gaming stuff.

is even worse with progressive nonsense

You realise the vast majority of YouTube users just watch stupid viral videos and listen to music?
Pretty much nothing will come of this.

The problem with Patreon funding is that it requires users to do something.

Getting money through donations was never an issue; but you can't sustain yourself on donations if your target audience cant or wont donate money to you. Its something your users will actively have to do, and every extra step your users have to take is a huge filter that stops you from actually getting anything.

Advertising, on the other hand, passively pulls in money from everyone.

Both have their advantages and disadvantages (Patreon, for example, favors high quality content, where-as advertising favors pushing out as much shit as possible), but the ideal is going to be a mix either way.

There's also hitbox.tv as twitch alternative. Its not nearly as popular, but it doesn't have a contentID system stripping sound from VODs.

Alright, so twitch is out.

You can add vid.me to the list, but it's really bare.

Only a matter of time until legislature is pushed that will require them to have some kind of contentID system or be made liable for IP rights violations.

That could only work for people who are already well-established and have a large enough fanbase.

Good luck achieving that ever though.

ContentID software is constantly improving; are you going to constantly revise the laws to include the newer version of the ContentID system?
Not only that, but who will pay for the ContentID system or ensure that it is properly maintained and used?
And what if my algorithms for compression and the like actually work against the ContentID system, making it impossible for the ContentID system to get any meaningful results?

Writing software being required into law is extremely difficult, and it also means you need to set a technical standard. Politicians aren't very good at doing such a thing, in case you haven't noticed.

And even if such a thing would happen, the first thing that would follow is that businesses would say "okay that's nice" and are suddenly now vested in countries that don't have the ContentID law. You'll still have to wait another decade, maybe even two, for other countries to catch up with the same law. And you bet your fucking ass those other countries don't want to write a law that relies on software maintained by other countries.

ContentID is a fucking joke, and it seems to be mostly there to scare big-name players into enforcing copyright.

faggots have to learn it the hard way.

That statement means that something is too big to be ALLOWED to fail, as its failure would cause a shitton of collateral damage and an assload of fallout everywhere.

Imagine if Bank failed (don't trick yourself, there's only really one). Imagine if the only place to work in town went under. It would be fucking doomsday.

Jesus fuck my brain hurts after reading this shit. Learn some fucking grammar you worthless piece of shit.

newsflash to you neets: when mom dies off the tendies stop

Apparently little children (as in 3, 4 year olds) are quite a large part of youtube viewership. There are people who cater to them and the most successful ones end up with 400 million views on their "Unboxing my new Spiderman action figure!!!" video. You have that parents leave their kids with a tablet with youtube open and the kids just press whatever thumbnail they think is pretty, so the most promoted child-directed videos end up with millions of views and comparatively few comments (which are mostly gibberish because the kids can't write and are only posting comments by accident) and an almost even distribution of likes and dislikes (because some kids press the like or dislike buttons by accident).

At least that's what this video said:
youtube.com/watch?v=m0Q5jO8I59w

You know what? I'm okay with the idea of Youtube having a kids section, sure, go ahead. But don't fucking railroad all of Youtube into being a daycare site. If you're a shitty parent who doesn't want to watch your kid and browse the internet with a child of that age, then you're unfit to be a parent and your kid shouldn't be browsing on their own. It's no different from plopping your kid down in front of the TV from the age of 3 to the age of 30 (like the Jim Carrey character in Cable Guy), leaving the TV to be their parent. Simpsons used to make references to this type of non-existent parenting all the time back in the 90s and early 2000s.

If you want a kid friendly youtube, do the same thing as leanback make a secondary redirect. Something like…

www.youtube.com/forthekids/ or some shit like that, let them browse kid friendly videos like that. But don't start demonetizing and taking away peoples' rights to make and monetize their videos because not everyone wants to talk googoo gaga babytalk like a bunch of fucking 12 year olds to suit absentee parenting. Surprise, surprise, the world turns on whether or not your kid sees suggestive humor, and by the time the kid is 18 they'll have seen plenty of adult content anyway, because there's not a fucking kid on this planet in first world countries who doesn't watch porn and amateur fucking by the age of 16.

People who don't want to be treated like a child, I can't blame them, because I wouldn't either.

Serves them right.

What kind of faggot has his only source of income based on fucking commentary channels on youtube anyway?

don't jump, yeah. you'll land, maybe roll an ankle, and someone who is actually worth something will crash their car trying not to hit your retarded ass

I see similar suicide methods discussed horrifyingly frequently. Of all the ways to kill yourself, why do so many people suggest a method whose absolute best case is large amounts of financial damage and mental trauma to an innocent bystander, and whose worst case is killing several people, very possibly children?
Anyone who's enough of a selfish cunt to consider suicide by traffic really does need to kill himself.

Maybe they want to take people with them, because they've heard things like your post enough times that they're convinced people are shit and deserve to die.

I don't see the commotion. A bunch of yid clickbait channels will die.

It is hugelarity looking at all these faggots saying youtub doesn't matter, when there are, what? 25 oor more youtub references amongst various threads on the board right now. Little Niggers. All in a row.