Attack on Titan Video Game Thread

Not liking a video game just because it's based on an anime is contrarian bullshit.

Not liking an anime just because other people like it doesn't make you a more tasteful and worldly person, either.

Holding a grudge against other people for liking a game you don't like, accusing them of viral marketing and/or shitposting just because of your own loosely defined haughty self-righteous standards is at its core nothing more than being a contrarian.

Discuss!

AoT games are better than Spiderman 2

Other urls found in this thread:

twitchtv/moshini
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Sometimes, when I look at the trailers for a game on Steam, I want them to have some actual fucking gameplay rather than pre-rendered CG bullshit. What's the draw of this game? Spider-Man with neck slicing?

check the catalog you dumb nigger

just play the fan games, both guedin's and the tribute game are better

Pretty fucking much, yeah.

On the bigger ones you've gotta slice all their limbs off one by one THEN go for the neck.

I wonder if Holla Forums would still like Attack on Titan if it never blew up so much in popularity that even normalfags know about it.
Never got why it got so popular anyway.

The game itself is pretty good. Have no issues with my Ps4 controller. Pirate it or get it on sale though. Not worth the price they're asking for.

i think it's the opening, action shit so the normalfags don't get bored and that potato meme grill

for the pc maybe, the the ps2 one was way better

Spiderman shot webs to the moon and his "web slinging" once you got high enough was just disappointing and monkey-bar-esque.

In the new AoT game (can't speak for the 3DS one) the hooks actually attach to whatever's nearby which gives it a stronger ground and helps (me) suspend disbelief much better than the spiderman games.

but is it more fun

the ODMG is more fun than web slinging, but I do occasionally find myself missing the ability to play bowling-with-thugs as you could in Spider Man.

Sasha's a fan favorite, don't blame her for memesters taking that shit for a joy ride.

Don't shit talk Spuds, bud. Rest of the show is trash, but Spuds was the best.

I hardly stood it when I was actually a tumblrite: my reluctance to be one doesn't change anything
The pacing was garbage and it is a hard example of wasted potential. The tone is fickle. I liked the fangame.

I couldn't deal with the anime. It was like watching Naruto all over again and I grew out of that 10 years ago. Didn't see what was so amazing about it at all.

I like the game but I wish it was kind of harder.

The only video I've seen of this game is from Rurikhan. honestly not trying to shill e-celebrities. It looks like another lazy Japaneses video game that has alot of potential and might even be fun at times but doesn't entirely deliver. If it was a lower price point I might check it out. However it sorta seems to lacks focus. Same general critique would be true of most Middle market Japanese games (especially Monster Hunter Clones) where they introduce brilliant gameplay design elements but then water it down with feature creep and copy past gimmicks that turn the experience into a rote grindfest. On the one hand it's the kind of middle market game I wish the west would produce.

It's a pure fan-service game, if you read the mango or watched the animu and found yourself thinking that all that high speed action looked cool, then this is that high-speed action, faster, arguably better. But it's just that, there's not much depth to fighting titans, there's no insane high skill floor and ceiling like in the tribute game, it's fairly bare bones, but it really delivers on looking and feeling like Shingeki no Kyojin.
If you're really into the manga/anime then go ahead try it, if you think you can deal with the repetitiveness you might even buy it, but if you aren't interested in SnK fan-service then I can barely suggest a pirate.

OH MY FUCKING GOD DROP EVERYTHING GENE WILDER JUST DIED.

this game is hands down the best way to watch the anime, too.

I've watched some anime before it came out.
Watched attack on titan a bit when it first came out.
And then watched some more anime since then.
Honestly pretty much a pleb as far as anime goes but it's just not the biggest thing for me.

That being said I really didn't see the appeal of AOT and most anime series that I have watched I've enjoyed more.
From what I remembered the pacing was very bad. It had tons of development and a huge passage of time in the first 2-3 episodes followed by a long ass stretch of nothing happening. Didn't really give a shit about most of the main characters. The opening theme song made me cringe.
The setting was interesting ill give you that but from what I watched they didn't really explore it. I remember some short arc where the expedition force (or whatever they were called) were heading out to explore some new territory and then proceeded to find absolutely nothing interesting or anything that would have helped build the lore of the world.

Maybe it gets better in later episodes? I dunno but in any case the show failed to hook me after watching a decent number of episodes.

Fucking trash games there, the Ching chong unity browser game made by a single dude is better then multiple games made by full staffs, discuss this bullshit and why aren't these staffs made to preform ritual suicide because of it.

Also
No, because if you don't like that sort of content in 20-30 minuets spurts, why would you want to interact with it for an 8 hour period, not liking it for that reason seems pretty reasonable.

Yeah.

If they can't give good reason as to why they do not like the media and act instantly hostile about it then yes I'd say yeah.

so I've never watched this anime, so can someone tell me why titans are depicted as giant naked retarded? and why are they dangerous if all they do is randomly walk around?

It's an interesting concept with shit lore.

I have a feeling this game will be trash because there is no fucking actual gameplay footage anywhere for a game that's about to release in a day. I hope I'm wrong because as I said it's an interesting concept. I'm wondering if you have to perform precision slices or it's just contextualized/QTE'fest. I'm assuming the latter though.

I liked it from the first episode and then went on the to read the manga and my enjoyment all went to shit when it gets to the part when No erin you are the titans because at that point the initial concept that it sold me on was gone it's not going to be about man fighting giants anymore it's going to be about men who can become giants fighting other giants and from what I have continued to look at in the series it has pretty much become that

Same. I stopped watching the show when the main guy turned into a giant and wrecked everyones face. It took away all of the tension and drama.

That nigger was in his 80's, he's lucky to have lived that long. Motherfucker probably had a great life, too. Don't mourn for those who lived to their fullest, take comfort in knowing that they were able to live a satisfying life.

Because there are 2 native fears in the world.

Things that are larger then you, and the fear of being eaten.
the titans are simply meant to be the embodiment of those 2 things in a single monster.

Well it's not even half as much now, the dev has put a lot of effort into making it more and more easy, they used to move 3 times as fast and their hitboxes were much larger.
Still 20 times harder then the official licensed ones which are glorified musou games.

For what it's worth, there aren't flesh mechs running around everywhere and there's really only the one fighting on the side of the humans.

It kind of evolves the combat from fighting giant cannibal retards to fighting giant fleshmechs which is pretty cool.

I'm aware of some things that happen later on in the story, I read up to Pic related, It's just not what drew me into the series and it's upsetting since there isn't really a good alternative that isn't a really shit story like Gantz and Terraformars.

The manga is shit. I'll give you it started good until it became "WE WUZ TITANZ N SHIET",then it tried to go 2deep4you a la Evangelion.Since the author never expected so much success here we are years later still trying to reach this fucking basement because they have to keep this floating to make money. Non content with it, here comes political drama with thousands questions and never an answer. Since he left so much out, he is going to pull a big fat fucking mess as finale trying to reconnect everything or he is going to leave shit out.

That still doesnt explain why they choose to make them giant naked retards that walk around and only eat people if you happen to be by one when it strolls by. were the artists so creatively bankrupt that they couldn't develop an interesting and terrifying monster?

It's simply a guy who's bigger then you that can and will want to eat you, it's a human shape, you can visualise something like that actually existing, them being retarded is simply because the human shape is actually not made for those prepositions and makes walking around extremely hard They fight the colossal titan again later and they realise he's literally a sitting duck because he actually needed the wall to keep himself standing up

It's "proportions" you idiot.

k thanks luv u

Did they check out the basement yet?

It's full Jap voice as far as I know. No worries about Sasha being Burchified.

I really need to immigrate to Germany

this looks like it plays way to easy it should be hard as fuck to kill titans you shouldn't be able to kill 3 in 1 min like he does in the video with fucking arman. i would say the tribute game is way better but theirs no way to put in full screen in the browser anymore so its almost unplayable.

I chuckled.

Kabaneri game never.

I still like it even if that does make me a faggot.

I read the manga since the begining(well, since Eren "died") and the anime mostly killed the joy for me. Because of the popularity exploding, the scanlator dropped the manga when crunchyroll/niggastream picked up with their questionable translations.
Honestly, didn't like the anime. full of powerpoint-esque scenes and the gore was heavily toned down. It was too fucking dark/edgy to the point jokes like the potato girl looked totally out of place while the manga had many silliness. Titan Eren looks like shit and the anime original ending was atrocious Fire Titan Eren realy? Annie shipping out of nowhere. And what about the fucking walls?.
The worst thing was that by that time, the manga was at the same time boring with those politcal parts and just retarded like the casual reveal of Reiner and Berth being the Armored and Colossal titans. I dropped when Historia and Eren were kidnapped by Levi's superior or something like that. I think it had been a year since they last showed a titan Eren's trying to "get hard" was funny in the chinkfag translation.

It's been sometime since I played the Unity game but this one looks too easy and the movement looks "wonky". Like the characters looks like they're flying instead of swinging like the Unity game.
Still, it could be fun with some friends. Might try when the price drops a little and my friends who still read the manga/animefags only pick it up.

Still, if anyone wants to spoil me the situation of the manga since I dropped, feel free to do so. I want to pick it up when the manga ends but it seems Isayama really liked the money He already made a statement on how he changed the ending because it was a downer ending like the oneshot. The foreshadowing of the first chapter might have been dropped too

This is my biggest gripe with the game. You can tether yourself into a part of a titan, and then just glide around him again and again, not losing momentum and hardly falling at all. The most challenging part of combat so far has been turning off 'combat mode' to fly towards a building in order to get to the backside of a titan, although I could just hook into it again, and boost myself around him with my magical floating gear.

real weebs are massive faggots

I'm glad Koei is doing something slightly different.
Unfortunately copy paste musou like the new Berserk game will outsell this.

But that's just as well, Koei operates on a small budget and this game will see a sequel even if it doesn't sell crazy numbers.

Also AoT is trash, both the anime and the manga are mediocre for the simple reason that the author had just a starting idea, some vague guidelines for a basic plot, and then was thrown under the bus of massive success wich sent him spiraling down the path of filler and scrambling for anything to bloat the plot and profit off the IP as much as possible.

Play this game if you want a neck slicing swinging simulator, you don't really have to give a shit about AoT to like it, at all.

its just a shitty gundam clone but instead of mechas they use gaints without skin.

People don't like the anime because the anime is shit. I couldn't even finish it I got so bored.

So, are there panty shots? Very important.

AoT is normalfag material. I would think it to be the other way around.

The only way the series can end on a good note is if it turns out that the scoutards have been fighting for the wrong side (pretty much a known fact already) and fleshmech users dindu nuffin.

Being such a whiny fag about other people who don't like what you like makes you a huge fucking faggot.

Not in the one with doc oct whichever number that was. Same engine as prototype if I'm not mistaken.

user really

insofar as I know, humanity is still proper fucked the entirety of the story no matter how much cool shit they get because the Titans power creep right along with them.

Some person can mighty morph into a Titan? Well now suddenly there's a mighty morphing titan in their ranks that's fucking their shit up instead of helping them.

They find a new titan weakness? Wow there are suddenly a ton of abnormal titans that are basically MADE to subvert that weakness.

It's not just a story of "OH FUCK, GIANT THINGS ARE COMING TO KILL US AND THERE'S LITERALLY NOTHING WE CAN DO" the whole way through, but if it was then it would be a short story rather than a series because everybody would die and there'd be no more reason to tell a story.

I mean unless a handful of people survive in some kind of bunker, but then it'll just turn into another one of those godawful "humans are the REAL monsters!" survival stories as the survivors start to lose their minds and eat each other.

I wish there were more outfits.

Watching the super serious cutscenes (which I couldn't take seriously to begin with) with Eren in his janitor outfit wielding mops is much more amusing than just rewatching the anime in CG

lol keep whining

I thought it was fun.
Though it's kind of weird to see everyone charging at the titan with normal gear and that pay to win fag going around with DLC weapons.

Played until the Levi part, none so far. They used pants and it's more shounen shit than harem shit.

I have first-hand experience with Mikasa's dress costume and it has a solid bottom you can't see through like some kind of child's toy.

I'm done.

I wish I could but I dropped it when author took a fucking hiatus. All I remember is Historia's the heiress of humanity's memories via eating a specific titan user who was eaten by Erens dad and then the scout squad staged a coup.

the anime was shit and the manga got shittier than ur mon after the jew girl fight.

The author had no fucking idea what to do with his setting, or maybe he had the same idea that everyone else has figured out, and now is just stalling to get a better one.

At first the game was hard, but easy to cheese due to totons getting stuck in buildings.
Then we tried to go FAST.
Then reel appeared and FAST became the norm.
At this point it became easy.
Btu then crawlers with shitboxes appeared.

Manga was one of the most cringeworthy things I've ever read, and anime reeked of QUALITY.
Does this game at least have good gameplay? Do missions last longer than 6 minutes? Do you have to repeat the same shit over and over again? Is there any sort of freeroaming/conquest mode, or it's just mission after mission with shitty cut-scenes in between?

Are you telling me that Tecmo-Koei, of all people, managed to do what a bunch of other vidya adaptions couldn't and made Attack on Titan fun?

I'm a Koei fanboy through and through and I'm surprised at their competence.

It's okay.
About 15.
Yeah. Killing titans is very samey.
Cut-scenes are the anime in CG.
There is another mode but I think it might just be "kill all titans in the levels from the story mode" mode.

The creator pretty much confirmed that the whole story is pointless because literally everyone is going to die in the end. I'm cool with downer endings personally but it all feels kind of pointless when everyone dies at the end of a film.

Hotline Miami 2 did it pretty well
Also the creator said he might change the ending since people like the series so much, that he'd only kill everyone if the series didn't get big

It would still be shit regardless of popularity. Like Fairy Tail that lasted as long on fan service. I'm surprised nobody has uploaded this yet. Came out during free comic book day but no scans up anywhere.

The gameplay is simple yet fun
Missions last as long as it takes you to complete each objective. There are primary objectives and secondary objectives. Usually, you can rush to the primary to get it over with, but once you finish the primary objective you're done with that mission. In order to maximize your score and collect upgrade materials, you want to kill as many titans and complete as many secondary objectives as possible. With all this in mind, missions can last anywhere from 5 minutes to 20 minutes or more, depending on what you do and what your objectives are.
What do you mean? On the one hand, you could answer "yes" in the sense that you'll be killing titans and nothing else for the entirety of your play time, but there is some small amount of variety in who you can play as, in the objectives that you must complete, in the abilities that you can use, and the maps that you can visit. Yeah, you're pretty much playing as Eren, Mikasa, Armin, Jean, Sasha, Levi and the rest of the main characters. Each one has a special set of abilities you can use, but a lot of these abilities overlap. For instance, Levi starts out with the ability that allows him to do extra damage, which is activated as he gains momentum and begins to spin. Mikasa has an ability that allows her to easily slash downward at foes. Both characters can do these moves, it's just that they start out with different moves and learn more as they're unlocked, so Mikasa will eventually learn the spinning move and Levi will eventually learn the overhead slash.

As far as variety in maps, you've got the city and sub variations, the forest and sub variations, and the plains and sub variations. Maps are large but there's maybe 6 maps in total. Same with titans. You've got normal titans, abnormal titans, and armored/bizarre titans. Pretty much everything can be slaughtered in one hit once you upgrade your gear and level you character enough. Armored titans require that you sever specific body parts before their nape will be come accessible. Armored titans are the only real thread, and they usually appear as boss battles.
There's two modes: story mode and co-op mode. In story mode you simply play through the story, and in co-op mode you can play offline by yourself or online with other people and complete various missions. In co-op mode, there are two types of mission to choose from; you can play survey or exhibition missions. Survey missions are one single mission, while exhibition missions are a series of missions that you must complete consecutively. They're all pretty repetitive, but it's still satisfying to play. Basically, the secondary objectives have you go to x location and help x ally and then they reward you. Sometimes you have to defend them from titans while they complete an objective like setting traps, sometimes you'll have to assist them in killing all the titans within a specified area, and sometimes you'll have to escort them to another point on the map. Primary objectives are the same; you go to x location and kill x titan or a number of titans. That's really all there is to it. Here, have a webm.

Everyone dies, it's an inevitability of life.

Gonna test it on PS4

twitchtv/moshini

(add the dot)

No thanks faggot

those links are filtered for a reason

Your webm is busted but your choice of equipment is top tier. Too bad it's the most hideous set.

Faggot.

Well fuck. Hopefully this one works. Bump.

Not gonna lie, that looks fun.

Game looks easy as piss

This.

It is easy as fuck. In the tribute game you have independent control over each of the cables that you shoot out, which means you can ultimately have greater control over your character's momentum. In Wings of Freedom, you press X (or square on PS4 controller) to automatically lunge through the air. Your bungee cables automatically attach themselves to nearby objects, so you don't have to think about it, you merely hold the button down. You do have to worry somewhat about your positioning, but it's not difficult, you just have to pay attention to where you're going. If you do run into an object, you'll just bounce off it or begin running across its surface until you jump or keep moving so that you naturally run off its ledge. Speaking of jumping, you can press A (or X on PS4) to jump, and then press the button a second time while in midair to execute a propellant boost. You can do this up to two times, provided you have the ability that allows you to do so. You use the boost in conjunction with the bungee cables and you can travel large distances very quickly.

In the tribute game, and as far as I am aware, players are not able to lock onto a titan's body, which means if you want to git gud you need to really learn how to become efficient with the cables in conjunction with the propellant so you can control your mobility. In Wings of Freedom you can press a single button (R1 or RB) to automatically lock onto a titan's various body parts, so there's no real timing or skill involved; you can lock on, burn a little bit of propellant for a speed boost, and mash the attack button (Y button or Triangle) during your approach towards the titan's body, and you'll cut them every single time.

Once you complete the main story, Eren can use his titan form for a limited time. On the bottom left hand corner of the HUD next to the character's face there is a curved shaped meter. This meter fills with every kill, and when it is full it will allow you to engage in "Decisive Battle Mode" which essentially gives you unlimited propellant and blade durability, invulnerability to damage, and an increase in attack power for the duration of the effect. Eren is able to use this ability, but when you unlock his titan form, he will instead transform when his meter is full and you press the button so you can beat on titans as though you were playing a beat 'em up style game. That shit doesn't exist in the tribute game, does it?

Anyway, yeah, the game is easy as pie. Most titans are weak as shit and can be killed in a single blow. Other titans require that you whittle away at their body parts before their nape will become available. These armored titans are more aggressive and actively try to grab you. If you get grabbed you can mash the attack button to escape and you have healing potions to restore your health. If you're low on health and a titan tries to grab you, the game will slow down and give you ample time to get out of the way before you can be grabbed.

Not really challenging at all, but it's still pretty fun if you ask me. It's extremely repetitive, so maybe it's the type of game you'd want to play in short bursts like a casual mobile game like angry birds or some shit

Potions? Really?

Well I don't know if they're actually called potions or medicine or whatever, but yes really. You get a stock of three little green healing potions that you can drink whenever your character is in bad shape. When you run out, you can sometimes pick them, and other items, off the fallen corpses of your comrades or from titans who drop them, and you can locate a supplier out in the field to acquire one of every item in your inventory. Generally, you need to worry mostly about blades and propellant for obvious reasons. Each character has their own set of stats, and each piece of equipment also has a set of stats; some characters are better suited to certain types of equipment than others. For instance, Armin is very low in strength, stamina, and health, but has decent dexterity, concentration, and leadership skills, which means his blades and propellant will last longer than Mikasa's, who is pretty much his polar opposite. This means that you pretty much have to purchase multiple sets of weaponry and ODM gear for each character if you want to use them effectively. If you don't, then you'll find that you'll be going through propellant and blades like a cheap whore goes through condoms with one character, but with another you'll be completely fine for longer periods of time.

In addition to potions, blades, and propellant, you can use three types of grenades. The first is a flash grenade that will only work on titans that have eyes. It will temporarily blind them. The second is a sound grenade that will emit a strong pulse of sound and only works on titans that are blind. Finally, you have molotovs that can be thrown at any titan for a great deal of damage. When you are locked onto a titan, symbols will appear on the screen that will tell you which grenades work on them.

Fuck all that shit. I mostly just pay attention to the blades and propellant, but I guess the other items are there if you want to use them.

I think what makes the Tribute game better is the control of your movement. But that's only possible in a Keyboard+mouse enviroment. How would you do to make let's say the Vita version(let's face it it's a portable game like Dragon's Crown with console and PC ports) to have better controls?
Tribute game controls with better AI for the titans and budget for a campaign would make a great game. I think you can even create stages in the Unity game but it's been some time since I played with my friends.

Well, at least it goes with the retarded line of the events that was happening before(Colossal and Armored reveals, Monkey Trouble and other shit).
By the way, what's the deal with Monkey Trouble? In the manga and in the game. I think it means some kind of spoilers for the animeonly fags but I don't really care.

Mark and all the "muh chan freespeech" reddit monekeys should commit a seppuku.

Discuss.

They should commit honorable bukkake instead you baka.

Actually, each character has a unique special ability and Titan Morphing is one of them.

Unless some "no fun allowed" mod is released, swinging around is fun but the titans just don't feel any threatening.

I ended up being angry at the npcs who die mid-mission, because how bad can you be?

He is breaking the conditioning. Fanboys and haters are equally retarded, both say whatever they can to fit in. But you'll always be alone.

Eren can transform in a titan in the tribute game.

Unless the anime it's based on is shit.