llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=8EAforbigguysonly
llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=EATheFutureIsBright

Current MA games
llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=MA8deathmatch
llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=thisoneworks

Current LA games
llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=L8NightFightNight

IMPORTANT
If you want to make a game, understand that we have several going already, DO NOT, try to make a big game, it will only end up with frustration, stalling and AI's.

It's much better to make smaller games and only have a few big matches, you will get more and BETTER practice in.

Current happenings.

ATTACK OF THE AI's
M8deathmatch, had some of its key power players go AI due to poodles with way to much ass.
Currently all nations are taking territory but losing it as well due to global enchantments and the AI's ability to sense WEAKNESS

THE GREAT STALLING OF AGARTHA
Agartha has stalled in the MA game "thisoneworks" apparently mimicking their golems they have become deathly still and now nations rush to kill them to have turns that don't take 24 hours.

THE 7 YEAR PEACE
In 8EAforbigguysonly 4U many nations are swollen with pent up aggression ready to burst out all over some unsuspecting nation.
Arco and Lanka finally finishing a 5 year war which if to be summarized would be two nations to afraid to risk their armies leading to the weirdest Guerilla tactics ever witnessed.

IF YOU WANT TO LEARN
Good fucking luck, this game has a dedicated but smallish player base, the majority of helpful forum posts are located on Desura which is going bankrupt which means only about half of threads are useful.
Moddb has useful information as well as Steam discussion.

Everyone is eager to answer any questions as we are starved for something to talk about while we wait for turns.
Any experienced players are encouraged to go to the dom 4 wiki, and help contribute information as it is incredibly barren of relevant info which isn't already in the instructions.

dom4.wikia.com/wiki/Dominions_4_Wiki

www.illwinter.com/dom4/manual_dom4.pdf

Other urls found in this thread:

llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=L8TermAbortion
z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?showtopic=2517
mediafire.com/download/tm6ffltylsy7d92/Isle of Avalon.zip
llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=EaNothingBadWillHappen
dropbox.com/s/f4a7a78i4ziipzb/biddyn-v1-1.zip?dl=0
llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=8EAnosurvivors
llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=MemeTeam
caspian.dotconf.net/menu/Software/SendEmail/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Hey. Host for thisoneworks here. You may have received two turn files for turn 8. Do the earlier one so it doesn't mark you as a staler. Not sure why this happened.

BUMP THE FUCKING THREAD YOU QUEERS

Can I have a link to the working torrent?

Fug, I'll back and do the first one. Why is it that it sent out 2x turns?

I would if I had it, someone will probably link it tomorrow.
Though I think the torrent was from 2014-15 so don't use it for practice for multiplayer until you know the differences in the versions.

Do your turns faggots.

Also, I'd like to play another LA game so I can be Mongolians.

I asked in the other thread about this but didn't check it before the thread died. Saw this craft in Dom inspector, is it possible to actually enter other planes like you can in CoE?

No, the extra planar things like abyss/void are through events, mostly assassination events if I'm not mistaken. Go play LA Rlyeh if you want a crash course on fighting shit in the void. That being said I like some of the things the Swedes did in CoE and extra planar things are for sure one of them, but I lack the ambition to see how they would fit into a hypothetical dominions 5

Actually the spells Claws of Kokytos and Infernal Prison send you to other planes. Each turn you have a chance to return or else you have to fight some demons. This book makes it more likely you will return.

On a side note Im the creator of the Magic Enhanced and Im doing some bugfixing and balance tweaking for the next release. I can see there are a few games here using it and it would be really helpful to see how things are being used in actual games, particularly the late game. You can leave feedback on the thread on Dom4mods, or just send me the relevant turn files to magicenhancedturns (at) gmail.com

I'm no expert on the game but people on the /vg/ thread on 4chan were bitching that with Magic Enhanced Lemuria is OP in LA.

Shouldn't thisoneworks be rolled back seems the admin manually hosted the turn because he didn't want to wait for agartha and accidentally did it twice or something fucked up because everyone stalled last time.

Fug

Seems i initially misblamed the admin, something else must have fucked up since i have the 7th turn file and have an email confirming that i sent it in.

Also sent in Ulm for the L8TermAbortion.

Sent in Ulm

I never forced host or anything. It just sent two turn 8's. At first I downloaded the later one, but it said I staled when I knew I didn't. Also my mercenaries retired a month early. So, I downloaded the one that was sent earlier and it was normal. I figured this happened to others as well. So I wanted to tell everyone to do the earlier one.

Cool sent in Gath
3 SLOTS OPEN FOR L8TERMABORTION, DO NOT JOIN IF YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO SEND IN TURNS HOT AND FAST

Some weird turn number shittery is happening, i got a massage about stale turn on turn 9 while the stale turn shows it was supposedly turn 7 that was stale but i received 8 with no such message, and now when i send my new turn on turn 9 it rejects it saying it's wrong turn number.

Ok same thing just happened to me. Since Agartha has been dragging the game anyway, I may just restart the whole thing if everyone else is ok with that.

Otherwise I'll try rolling back a few turns. But I'd really rather restart it. We're not that far in and we may be able to get a new eighth player.

I guess this one doesn't work.

I can live with going back to start, even though I have had some great luck with +gold events and expansion.

Yeah go for it

Sent it my mongol god

*sent in

You should send an email to the llamabeast guy first so he can check out what went wrong on the server if he's interested. He might be able to fix it but we probably should just leave it and start a new one, unless he responds what to do quickly. We are not actually that many turns in, it was jut dragged out because of Agartha.

oops. Just restarted the thing.

You still got to launch it.

Let's see if an 8th wants to join to replace agartha.

oops.
link would be helpful

Tien Chi how is it not only are you the last to send in your turn everytime WHEN you are one of superpowers?
I saw that ROS spam you used on CTIS.

Smelly lizards and pig giants are one hundred years too early to challenge grorious and most high China.

I work late and it takes an hour or two to do a turn.

No excruses, shamefur disrpray! 100 yearu of misfortiono on your famiru!

I don't really care but if I don't turn bully I'll die

What did you actually cast in those battles where some mages wrecked huge armies?

Probably RoS.
Arco was using it against me as well, which is why I made the OP image.

Llamaserver fucked up 8EAforbigguysonly again

We need to start hosting our own pirate-friendly PBEM games

Its not fucked up, its processing.
The server is the one which processes turns and battles, the larger the game and the longer it has gone on the more files and more computing.
Its probably in que right now, give it an half an hour.

It's 4 hours behind schedule though. I think it failed to host, i have seen that happen before, you should tell llamabeast.

I'm not the host, however postponing hosting, then clicking host now should work.
If it doesn't and everyone stalls we can roll it back.

I clicked a few games and it seems that ours is not the only one stuck on processing turns.
I will postpone hosting by what 24 hours or so.

L8Night also stuck.

Yeah force hosting is doing nothing, we will just have to wait for a fix.

The whole server is down you newfags, this happens often and once lasted several days.

Once it does go up again, give it another hour as it starts crunching through all the queued games.

Looks like turns are moving again.
Also, reminder that thisoneworks still has slots open. I'll start it tomorrow afternoon regardless, though.

dammit

If you don't get any today you should just start it.

Bump

I'm going to hurt you now, Niefel.

Reposting the LA game.

Hey you can play this WW2 mod I made, if you want.

z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?showtopic=2517

When we get a game finally finished I will probably start up a gimick game.
Has anyone seen any good maps for 3 players?

Were you planning on putting any mods in the match?

Isle of Avalon is good as a 3 way map, I've played it in a few blitz games before.

Well that's what I was
I would be making a 3 player game using the WW2 mod on a 3 player map.

Forgot pic and download link
mediafire.com/download/tm6ffltylsy7d92/Isle of Avalon.zip

Nice I like that map.
I will probably make the game as soon as one finishes, but right now anymore games will probably end up with someone going AI or stalling.

Also I will be making a new rule for the games I host, unless specified rushing is not allowed.

It takes days to get a game going and people expect to have a good game, not be rushed by some meme loving faggot.
Our disciples game was fucking ruined because Pelagia starts with a fucking KELP FORTRESS IN HIS CAP.

Meaning its incredibly easy to just rush many civs and it ends up with someone getting a huge advantage and steam rolling the game.

Rushing in any game that I host that isn't specified will result in the game being started from the beginning, the offending players pretender deleted and the game restarting.

Has also happened in out new EA game.
Fucking meme elves rushed vanheim then went AI when they couldn't finish it.
Now Vanheim I can only guess has a fucked started, we have TWO people AI in less then 20 turns.

Fucking annoying as shit.

Please give opinions on whether or not I'm a rule loving faggot with terrible ideas.

To respond even more to myself, my justification is this.

To take Pelagia as an example.
They have 150 defense for their home fort.
Kelp Fortresses have no upgrades so there isn't shit you can do about it.

So in MP if you play with another water nation your expansion will be incredibly gimped as you build an army JUST for fort defense, and even if you were able to keep a force from taking the castle, you still have to deal with being unable to make new units.

I GET wanting to win, I GET not caring about some whiny faggot discussing rushing.

However we don't have a large community here, players come and go because after losing a few games people like to take breaks.

But, if we don't TRY to make shit fun for newer players or people in general this community will die like every other Holla Forums community.

There isn't many games out there like Dom 4 I think this game can appeal to quite a few faggots out there, but I want people to at least have the opportunity to learn the game, and some things you can only learn in multi.

Once we all become meta gaming faggots like 4chaims /domg/ I wouldn't care about rushing, but to me it seems like a lot of more experienced players fucking up less experienced players solely because they can and because they want to win.

Again I don't care if you fuck up some scrub, but at least give them the opportunity to do something, because no fucking scrub is going to have a gameplan to get level 3-4 spells out the gate as soon as possible to make a optimum army build.

Again all of this could be me being a butthurt faggot about the LA game, however I'm still pretty pissed off about how the Disciples game went and it became less playing the game and more being picked off one by one by someone who has half the map under their control.

Instead of being so strict with it, do one of the following:

Make a game where pelagia is forbidden. Sort of like how we sometimes forbid ermor in MA games when we want a break from dealing with skelespam.

Make "no rushing" a rule and post it as a game message to remind people if, and only if pelagia joins.

Choose a sea nation and make a pact with your neighbors to gimp pelagia early on.

thisoneworks has started, get those turns in lads.

now i have to disable one of the balanced and enriching warhammer races if i want to use others

Disable elves.

way ahead of you

Favorite maps?

Oh, Gath. I thought you said you were the baddest.

When?

When you made the game. You said "only the baddest can join" implying you are the baddest.

Oh well I guess I was wrong. ;_;

Man, one of my first games of dom 3 was on that map. I played Ryleh and pretty much ran everything. But the fucking jap/onis slapped my shit so hard I never finished it.

Its so small but it has something for everyone, if you have sailing you can take that little island.
If you need wastes there are plenty in the middle.
Nice forests for forest nations, and even swamps in upper left.
Water nations can lap the entire map in a few turns making them manuevarble like a water nation should.

Then the chokepoints are great if you can snag them early, but they can also be countered pretty easily.

Valanis would be next but many of the areas are meh, and can be real shit if you start on them.
The caverns are nice though, which there were more maps with caverns.

posting dank OC

Sorta, but not really.
It's like and said, getting a dude sent to another plane is the result of an event or a spell. Every turn they're in there one of three things can happen: either they find their way out into a random territory, they have to fight a bunch of shit like demons or void critters, or nothing at all. That book skews the dice rolls in favor of getting out.

What the other anons didn't mention though is that it's virtually never a problem. Generally speaking, the kind of things that you would want to send to hell, namely thugs or SCs, can usually fight their way out without any trouble so at best it becomes an inconvenience that lasts a couple of turns. The spells are too expensive and too much trouble to be worth casting on average assholes, so nobody is going to bother. Beyond that, the events that can send dudes to a plane of hell are exceedingly rare so there's really no reason to prepare for it unless you know somebody is going to try to pull that shit on you.

Hexawyr and Biddyn are beautiful maps, though hexawyr is a bit too big for my tastes. It doesn't even look that big until you actually try it out either.
I've always liked Galadia and some of the other maps by the same author, but I'm a bit boring when it comes to maps.

You have a chance to get horrors and even the most well equipped SC can get fucked by a strong horror.

How Popular is R'lyeh here?
Or water nations in particular?
I might join the next game you guys make.
Not even interestested in getting out of the water. Just let me chill in the sea and make everyone absolutely insane with 600 Astral Perls + Imprint Souls.
If you think that's a bad spell, wait until I crap 20 priests in your dominion and assfuck you with 20 temples in a single turn. R'lyeh kills dominion fast as shit.

The problem with LA Rlyeh is that an AI is almost better as only an AI has the patience to micromanage 50+ insane commanders with redundant commands in case someone goes insane right before you attack.

The current mod magic enhanced provides some flexibility however by allowing you to craft an item which gives void sanity.
I can't think of a game where Rlyeh has been a threat however that could always change once someone gets enough experience with them, if it wasn't for the micromanagement I would play LA Rlyeh as the freespawn can be great.

Also Burden of time doesn't work on every civ, if you are playing MA there a few nations which have long lived units.

Nah, no Burden.
I've tried many things with R'lyeh, but I mostly roleplay because they're fun like that.
But sometimes I'll get lucky with magic sites and hoard a bunch of gems.
Every single time that happens, it opens up a wonderfull combo for me.
See, R'lyeh is easy enough to defend underwater. Especially with their "archers" that just scream at people until they keel over.
The main problem is taking to the land.

For that, you hoard 600 Astral perls. Convert from other gems too.
Now, you NEED 24 mages capable of casting Imprint Souls. The bare minimum this worked with was 20 mages and 500 gems.

The other thing about R'lyeh is the low upkeep cost. I mean, there's cheapers Civ's, but R'lyeh is cheap enough.
Hoard a lotta gold while you're building up your gems too.

The third important detail: your scales are semi-important, paths of magic for your pretender are less important. It's the dominion that matters. Should be at least 8. I play with 9, 10 for shits and giggles.

The combo goes as following: send spies, scry, anything to spy on the landmasses. Locate poorly defended provinces (the one's people don't usually care about).
Now, on a single turn, cast 24 Imprint Souls.
Some will not survive or be crazy and can't act next turn.
Usually, 18-20 survive. That's 18-20 new provinces for you each with a priest commander.
Have them build temples (hence, why you need a lotta gold). Then have them pray like mad. Eh

The AI usually starts purging them, but takes a long time. It often moves it's main army to the purge and I can even take a fort or two if I'm positionally correct. It doesn't even matter. By the time they did so, and their dominion is already kinda weak (remember, you should have dominion 9), you're ready to recast another 24 Imprint Souls.
Repeat as desired until you eclipse their dominion and they die from it.

t. lizardmen

That's a good strat for single, I don't know how well it will work in multi.

Only suggestion is that you take dom 8 on large maps as you will have the province numbers to get 10 dom with temples anyway.

Also magic scales would make all of that easier for research and reduced magic resistance.

I love ryleh.

I am unbelievably shit at the game though so I never get anywhere with them or anyone else for that matter. I also find myself wishing regular infantry and their equipment mattered more.

Holy fuck
ITS INSANE FOR BLOOD

Absolute madman!

We'll all be insane by the time this is through.

I can only hope so

mad hybrids are pretty good

wat

His ~20 PD did all the work, the elephant didn't actually fight anyone

Shhh lets us pretend.

but it was a crazy elephant

The fuck is this game or thing?

Buy from Steam or Pirate? I would like to think I'm autistic enough for this game.

It's a game thing where you set up sprite armies and watch them fight.

You give your armies and mages a script to read off of then watch as they fuck everything up.
Occasionally they even manage to fuck up the enemy's shit too.
Also, skeletons and assorted giant monsters.

Its a game about insane elephants.

If you can find a torrent go for it, I would advise you to try before you buy.

The main attraction to this game at least for me is the nation roster which is fucking insane, the different ages which change gameplay quite a bit.
The nations which change thematically and mechanically in different ages.
The incredibly in depth magic system which can make a lowly peasant the divine hammer of their god through buffs and magical equipment.

Also there is several spells and items that can make your commander into a suicide bomber ISIS would envy.

If your peasant happens to be human though he'll be shit though.

bump for possible new matches

There was this image of someone who succesfully kitted out a human farmer.

Anything can be made into a decent thug given proper equipment.

Its actually a MA game I switched it because we have quite a few EA games going.

Small map room for 3 players, its will launch automatically when filled.

Let me just download the mods and whip my pretender out, then.

NAZCA AND CAELUM

This is looking to be a nice ass game, we just one more crazy motherfucker to join this game.

Extra points if its Xilbalba, then we can 3 nations of flyers.

OY VEY

I was going to play as Caelum but was a few minutes late sending my god in so I figured I would take the south american knockoff instead.

I won't have access to a computer until Wednesday, requesting an extension for 8EAforbigguysonly and EATheFutureIsBright (I already sent in the current turns, though).

I'll be taking turns slowly today, guys, sorry. Don't get annoyed that I took one but not the other.

this is probably the most fun I've had in a game of dominions so far

slowly is better than not at all

Niggggaaaaaaaaaa

Oh well maybe this will allow fuckers to send in their turns for the neglected games.

Also once again.

THE TEMPORALLY CONFUSED GAME, THAT THINKS ITS AN EA GAME BUT IS ACTUALLY MA.
SO FAR 3 NATIONS, 2 FLYING HAVE JOINED, EXTRA POINTS IF SOMEONE IS A BAD ENOUGH MOFO TO BE XIBALBA AND HAVE NOTHING BUT FLIER FOR LAND NATIONS

Jesus fucking christ someone cap this off already.

WE'RE ROLLIN, GET THOSE TURNS IN FAGS

About time.

MACHAKA WERE WAITING FOR YOU STOP OPERATING ON NIGGER TIME

NEW TURN

Stop trying to hoard time, schlomo.
We tried that already

Reminder that this game is still looking for a pretender.

Are you using an ancient version of Biddyn that can't be found anymore or something?

I don't know. I'm not the host but I was able to download the map no problem.

hmmm it seems to crash the game though

Gonna host that shit on dropbox after
I DOWNLOAD IT FROM FUCKING FRANCE

Here's the fucking link
dropbox.com/s/f4a7a78i4ziipzb/biddyn-v1-1.zip?dl=0

I tried version 2.0, 1.11 and 1.1 and 1.0 and they all give me bad neighbor errors that crash my game.

Sorry my neighbors dog got out and bit me and my dog.

What a little bastard, you doing alright user?

Yeah, it bit my hand and knee a bit, and my dog got nipped in his mouth.

The other dog is really fucked up though, my dog was tearing into that ass.

goddamnit

Glad to hear it, that'll teach him to bite off more than he can chew.

Some shit is wrong on L8termabortion so I will change map and to were it works.

Thanks fam, gave me a reason to finally pull Snek back out of the recycle bin.

Works just fine, ready to pillage some shit

throat singing intensifies

How do I actually do well in this game? I'm never any good at strategy games but this one takes the cake. Should I be pumping out a particular set of units every turn? Should I be making armies of nothing but sacred units and blesses? Is formation really important? Should I manufacture tier 0 crafts en masse to outfit my commanders? I'd appreciate a few pointers.

I like the masonic reference, this guy does his research!

Depends

The attraction of this game at least for me is the variety of strats you can employ.
You can have a strategy to win by early expansion with troops.
You can focus on building thugs or super combatants which are single unit armies.

Bless units depend on the nation, every nation has sacred however only some are worth spending points on major blesses.
For example a nation like Lanka which has almost every summon as sacred benefits quite a bit from bless, meanwhile Ulm with only one sacred benefits less.

Formation is usually only important for multiplayer, and it does help depending on the situation.
Line formation is useful as the late game troops will be used mostly as a way to destroy cheap units like undead and protect your mages.
Skirmish is useful for archers as the wider they are the wider their firing spread who knows you may luck out and have a arrow hit an enemy mage.
Double line is great for spear units, spears have a chance to keep any enemy back keeping them out of range of attack while attacking themselves.
This works well with double line as units with pikes or other long spears can hit as well.

This is highly situational, tier 0 crafts largely serve as hard counters for enemy spells, like Wrath of gods.
Which is a global enchantment that rains lightning bolts anywhere and can kill commanders.

At level 0 in construction you can build ring of tamed lightning granted you have a mage in air 1.
This negates any damage from lightning leaving your commander protected.

Blacksteel helms are protectiona against the infamous RoS which is a spell which afflicts the whole battlefield the helmets increase the chances of low health mages from being Allahu Ahkbar.

I have more advice however it hurts to type so maybe someone else can give you some additional advice.

I gotta sleep, sorry EANothingBad.

Good Morning
LETS GET THOSE TURNS IN

I'm back earlier than I expected, thanks for the extension.

wew
just took an assload of turns

same always nice to come home make a drink and see that you have four different turns in.

Man fuck this shit, is anyone else noticing a huge increase in magical sites that cause disease?

I don't think you can find a doom horror in the void. Almost anything else is a pushover short of getting soulslayed which is something you would be more worried about in the first place since you're far more likely to get slapped with that than a planar shift.

Also I don't think there's an item that helps you return from the void any easier. I'm not 100% sure, but I think the item only applies to kokytos and hell which are pretty ezpz.

IF YOU STALE, YOU'RE A FAGGOT. REMEMBER THAN ONE CAELUM

I'm pretty sure I've encountered those cat horrors there.
I could be mistaken, greather otherness's are fucked though especially because they occasionaly travel in packs arisen

Are the turns in this game quick or does it have the Civilization V problem of you having to wait for the other nations to do their move? Thinking about buying it. Would you recommend it to someone who liked Victoria II?

Turns are simultaneous. So all turns play out at the same time

Turns are resolved simultaneously. When everyone is done giving orders the turn is processed so you only wait if somebody is taking longer.

This only applies when playing what we call "blitz" where all players are connected simultaneously like a usual multiplayer game. Dominions games are more commonly PBEM play by e-mail, where players send in their turns to the host, llamaserver in our case, by email and usually take only 1 or 2 turns per day so a complete game can take months of real time.

Don't expect any depth in regards to diplomacy or trade. Especially in single player. This game is all about the battles.

Trade and diplomacy happen all the time though.
It just there is no mechanics relating to diplomacy.

WEW
E
W

You had me panicking there for a minute nigger.
Its been so long since I had a turn I was thinking I was Abysia.

FUCKING T'IEN CH'I

Sorry its me Lanka holding up the turn, I'll be home in 30 minutes.

I wasn't complaining about turns, I was complaining about him slaughtering me. ;_;

I hope you enjoy your care package Lanka.

China wirr grow rarger.

Thanks for your assassin's hat, Lanka

You mean you don't have an mages summoning iron pigs, with 20 others casting gift of reason, while another 20 produce horror helms for your army of fear inducing piggies.

Yeah, me neither.

Patala, you're a cool dude.

Abysia sent in the first turn late too, maybe he thought he has 48h for the second too, anyway if he doesn't send it the turn this time we should probably wait for a sub or at least have someone set it to AI if not just restart the whole thing.

I'm going to force host when its just Abysia until I find someone who can set AI.

If anyone needs a third party to set a game to AI use Steam's discussion to request help, usually some queer there will do it.

Things are about to get much cooler, R'lyeh.

Wew I wish IllFraud would fix commanders.

Randomly without any fucking reason a commander will run forward and attack the enemy which causes the army to rout as he gets hurt and runs off.

==WHY THE FUCK IS THIS HAPPENING CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN IT==?

Did you set him to stay behind troops

Yeah and put his ass behind them far away.
I've had this happen several times.

They either stay behind the line, however this time he ran up and attacked heavy infantry along.
Didn't even get a wound just took 4 damage then fucking routed.

Disappointed I didn't get my hat back.

Is EATheFutureIsBright broken?
It seems to think it's still turn 32 when I got a .trn for turn 33.
Do we just re-use turn 32 or does the admin need to fix it himself?

Fuck if I know I will screw around with it and get it to work, ignore emails until I get it fixed.

Also you absolutely have to delete you 2h file when I do this rollback as it will confuse Llama server.

Welp guys I think I have utterly fucked our EA game.

How utterly fucked are we talking?

I'd also like to know

According to the other end of the link to the game in OP, which I only just now checked, fucked into non-existence.
I'd say that's pretty utterly fucked.

People have had luck contacting llama beast and getting the game salvaged I will try that.

Thinking back just force hosting it and having everyone stall would of been perferrable.

I was doing great in EATheFutureIsBright ;_;

Yeah me too, this fucking sucks, a shitty week just got shittier.

Just got wrong turn error for l8night. Seems llamaserver thinks it's still on turn 43.

This happened to EATheFutureIsBright
Guys make sure you are deleting your 2h files when you send them in DO NOT HAVE DOM 4 OVERWRITE.
Also whatever you do, do not rollback.
Create a forum account and contact llamabeast at their forums and he can probably fix it.

I just went into my sent folder, redownloaded my completed 2h for turn 43, and resent it. It worked. And now turn 44 is already done so I'll just resend that one too I guess.

TIEN CHINK
Did you really waste 200+ astral pearls dispelling blasphemy?
I get 200+ bloodslaves a turn, your in for a treat.

FUCK LLAMASERVER

How the fuck am I supposed to play L8NightFightNight if the game wants the previous turn file?

Is it doing it again?

Patala sent in his so try again?

game is on special till the 5th, spread the word. Ermor Bless

I'm going to request the turn be resent to me, but I've tried 5 different times now with no results.

Game is still broken on my end, maybe it works for Patala and Agartha but I can't the turn submitted.

Okay, I sent in the .2h for the last turn and that worked in the sense that the server processed it. I'm still being told that I stale turned however.

reeee get out coles

Anyone played conquest of elysium?

Yeah, its pretty neat. I wish Dom4 had some of the tracks on it's soundtrack.

I heard the fourth one was shit. Which one is the best?

Weird. Host was gath. Not sure if he'd be willing to roll back turns or contact llama or something. Are we retarded or has llamaserver been having more hiccups than usual?

Yeah something screwy is happening. Last turn I submitted was 44 and now it's saying it's on 46.

I don't know what to do.
When this happened with EATheFutureIsBright I forced hosted it.
Everyone stalled and the turns were still 1 back.
Then I rolled it back a turn and it dissapeared.
I will make a forum account and get in touch with someone that can help.

Fourth is the latest and greatest, it adds multiple planes, more factions, a couple hundred new units, new battle systems etc.

this mod is hilarious being able to use artillery and tanks. if only guns could resemble guns and not have a lobbed stone throw as the attack

Oh shit, it seems that the current L8NightFightNight turn actually worked out. Get on it Patala

Did it work without saying you staled? I was waiting. I'll take my turns though.

Yeah it worked, I meant to get more done, but I had thought the turn wouldn't work so I just did the bare minimum of casting some shit and shuffling armies around.

Damn Abysia in L8TermAbortion, can anyone set it to AI ?

I've been neglectful I'll do for L8TermAbortion what I've done for the MA game, I'll just force host.
Unless you know someone who will owns the game who isn't involved in it, who will give you their email so I can put it in, so they receive the turn so they can then set themselves to AI.

(checked)
Float Cat Horrors aren't so bad. The nastiest part about them is their little bit of damage reversal, but it's low enough that most thugs or SCs aren't going to even blink.

A Greater Otherness might suck depending on the chassis you have in there. Trample is always a bitch and Othernesses have nearly unroutable morale, a butt ton of health, and good resistances. Even still, they don't have much protection which means a decently strong dude will fuck them up pretty quick; hopefully quicker than they can get fucked up.

I would be more concerned about encountering a Vastness. They teleport so they close distances immediately, they've got big damage reversal, and paralyzing attacks. Those things will ruin your day, but the chances of actually running into one is incredibly low.

But all this is pointless talk because I'm fairly certain there isn't a way to send someone into the void like there is with hell and cold hell. You have to either deliberately go to the void yourself through R'lyeh's voidgate or get sent there through some random event.

Pic exactly related but I thought I should share some Dominions images.

Pic NOT exactly related

I thought there was a spell rlyeh had where they go through the dreams and either assassinate or pull into the void.

The assassination technically goes through the void, but it's not really sending them to the void it's just using the void as the battleground. You're fighting a 1v1 in their dreams, not sending them to fend for themselves against horrors.

What a missed opportunity to do something cool.

There's a lot of things in this game you can say that about.

You can always just give an assassin the dimensional rod and have him smack people with it for that effect, though you'd have to deal with the guy going insane.

I guess that's true, but that's a really ridiculous way to go about it.
And if you've got somebody willing to just throw artifacts like that on assassins, you probably have bigger things to worry about.

In Magic Enhanced you can send Hound of Tindalos assassins that can banish targets to the Void

Bump to stay alive.
I hate seeing dominions threads die.

You could have prevented this.

Damn, I forgot to send a guy into that. Could have sworn that I did but I'll get you next time greekfag

I finished my first two AI games, I didn't expect to sit down and play for 5 hours straight but it just happened.

Congrats lad. Did you play a pirated copy? If you did like it the game is on sale for a great (-60%) discount on steam
Yeah I know, but you never need to have steam open to play the game, just run it from the .exe. Unless you need to update but that doesn't happen very often.

I actually bought it at 50% off a year or so ago, I've just now got around to playing it. I've stopped using steam, it's good to know I don't need to start it to run the game.

Sometimes it gets uppity and asks you to enter your CD key, but I've only had that happen to me a few times.

Can we get a new EA game set up?

I'm not going to be the first to choose my nation though since I'm the host I'll give a bit of time for other anons to go about it before I send my god in.
llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=8EAnosurvivors

Sent in Marverni.

Joined as Yomi.

This is the theme for L8NightFightNIght

One more and we're good to go, two more would be ideal however.

Can I get an extenstion for EA Bigguysonly, I will be in meetings all day today and wont be able to send my turn in until after 4.
So I need only a 6-12 hour extension.

I postponed for 12 hours, lucky for you I decided to check this morning.

Just a reminder, I'm looking for balance feedback on Magic Enhanced (particularly the late game options). In particular the Globals or anything that seemed too spammable or not worth the gems.

You can comment here or send turn files to magicenhancedturns(at)gmail.com.

EA TC's Petition Zhurong might be a bit overpriced. I didn't test it a ton, but in the current game I'm in Flames From the Sky has been more effective and costs 20 less gems.

Also, not sure if this was a bug and has been fixed, but casting The Stars Are Right as MA Rlyeh didn't give me Cthulhu. It never spawned. And it seems a little weird to me that friendly provinces get attacked by void creatures. Considering they only attack in your dominion, the Rlyeh player gets hurt the most by the spell.

Yeah R'lyeh got fucked by the spell, LMAO.
Every other turn he had his cap taken by a random event.

Blood Harvest needs tweaking, its too OP.
I'm saying that as someone who is using it in my Lanka game.
The dom boost is cool, the extra blood magic can be lowered a bit so far almost all my blood mages that have been around have gone from lvl 1 blood to lvl 2-4
The income boost should just outright go, growth on top of %50 more income ends up with me rolling in more gold then I know what to do with.

I would say keep the Dom boost, lower blood boosting frequency, remove income bonus and if possible greatly increase the free spawn.
With throne of moon +1 growth, blood fecundity +2 growth and blood harvest +1 growth in a nation per event I still rarely get more then 5 free spawn a turn, and even then they come 1 every 4 turns and almost never consistently.

If you guys want to start now I can find a different map since we may have to wait a while for a 6th player.

Since we had a guy join as Sauro I'm starting the match.

FUCKING SAURO REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

IT'S THE FIRST TURN

8EAforbigguysonly is finished. Good game, was the first one I've won apart from matches where I stomped on new players like an asshole.

Fought 6/9 nations (everyone other than Machaka, Kailasa, and Arco, who died before I met them). All defensive wars, which I thought was funny.

And my pretender. Works surprisingly well considering how fucking stupid it is.

I'm sorry I was finishing with Tien Chink
I kicked his ass up and down the field and then the nigger decides to claim the throne because his ass was getting handed to him.

Fucking pathetic.

Lol, so you sit on the throne thinking you can finish me with military, only for me to get off Blasphemy and kick your ass despite having 200+ demons of fire.

So you claim the throne GG, I'm going to chalk this up as a win for me.

Fuck host you had one job

Nevermind I'm a fucking moron

Mate, take a look at the graphs. I was ahead of you by every metric other than your army size which was largely chaff.

The little circled blip was all that I lost in that last battle, which was the first real loss I took the entire game.

I killed 3X the number of troops you did, and was technically the winner. If the mage I scripted to cast Firestorm had actually done so (still not sure why he didn't), your entire army would have died as many of your mages are weak to fire and you didn't cast any fire resist spells.

I challenge you to produce a single battle which you won against an actual army.
Produce it, you can what ifs, but your army of skellies and ghost were decimated, every thug you had other then the two doggos was destroyed.

I had several of your castle disabled from sieges by less then one unit for 10 turns.

Also you would of lost inevitably from Blasphemy which you couldn't dispel.
Other then thrones you lost in every regard and of course you will out do me as far as income and gems go as you owned 3/4ths the map from other searching sites yet you couldn't take a province from me other then the caves.

Again, you win technically but you got fucked up lil nigga.

I didn't bother posting dominion as you can only do 5 images in a single post.

You were beating me there, but it doesn't really matter as you weren't in any position to domkill me.

Ladies we both know who the real winner of that match was.

I was winning there because blasphemy + blood harvest makes my dominion impossible to reduce.
Meanwhile given time you would of been dom killed alone by blasphemy.

I'm dissapointed our thugs never got to face off.
One time they were a square away from each other but all my ganas kept taking the spot.

Fuck didn't mean to sage, I'm severely inebriated

Didn't matter. What killed my dudes in that last battle was the fatigue from rigor mortis.

Freespawn, didn't matter. Was on Niefel cleanup duty until you attacked, was no great loss.

Also leftovers from cleaning up Niefel. Didn't matter.

Also didn't matter. I had 6 times the number of forts you sieged, but I wasn't recruiting anything from most of them anyways. Didn't need recruitable troops as my armies were mostly summons and freespawn and I didn't need non-cap mages anymore as their paths suck and I had all 8/9's in every type of research other than blood magic.

Also, any one of those single units you left on my forts could have been cleared by one Master of the Dead spending a single death gem to summon 20 sacreds. I just didn't need to actually clear them so I didn't bother.

Not really, I'll admit it fucking spooked me the first time, seeing 20 assassinations attempts in a single turn on my mages. But the few times it actually killed mages they were Masters of the Dead/Masters of the Way, who as I said were useless by that point of the game. My cap mages were relatively unharmed. It also didn't really have much impact on my dominion. If you look at the graph you'll see my dominion was still steadily increasing while yours was going down.

I had more provinces, more research, more forts, more gems, better armies, and had just fought off nearly every other nation.

I could have, but didn't need to. Throne victory is quicker than slogging through taking all your territory.

Oh, and I should say you were the best enemy I had. Everyone other than you and Ulm (who was fucking nuts in a good way, trying to rush a bless-heavy nation year one and nearly succeeding) collapsed without much challenge.

No hard feelings, I hope.

Don't worry Niefel, you were useless moe.

Fire Storm is a battlefield enchantment, storm cancels it out.
Rigor mortis would of gotten you sure, but the morale of my troops was near unbreakable and the constant thunder strikes would of killed you.

Dragon Girl is a unique hero and she got Horror marked and most likely died later, no?
I'm just guessing as you could of used her later yet she was nowhere to be seen.

Every troop matters, troops that I had from my war with arco were converted to be troops against you, the game is a war of economics, you waste money and ultimately the moves you made turns ago are negated from lack of care.

Quite a bit of defensive statements, lets reiterate, none of these mattered yet you didn't win in a single battle other then those sacred puppies taking out one of my davanas?

At the very end because you won the game, so the very last turn is a sudden dip, blood harvest makes my dom raise by two in every province that I own making blasphemy impossible to kill my dom.
Meanwhile 100% blasphemy will kill all dom otherwise, even with priests, I have fucked up many single player games by casting it and dying as well despite priest priesting.

Yet you couldn't beat me in a battle.

You owned that province for several turns yet delayed taking the throne, most likely you thought you could take my cap, didn't know what to do with a diseased army in caverns, after I cast 3 bloody seconds for the citadel, attacked, realized despite my army routing yours was decimated while my could regroup, so you decided to take the throne.

You won the game, but I put you on your ass and I enjoy you needing to rush to win other then deal with my superior niggery.

Oooh, you're right. That might be where it went.

Eh, rigor mortis was much more deadly. The N9 bless on my troops + their high base HP + gift of health would have kept them alive long after your mages fatigued out. Fatigue really was the game changer as it let your weak chaff take out my normally extremely strong triple-blessed sacreds.

She didn't get horrormarked, she was sitting on 75 doing nothing. Her paths aren't particularly impressive compared to my cap mages and she doesn't have any Astral so I didn't have much use for her. I sent her with the Niefel cleanup army to cast frost fend.

Just gotta disagree, honestly. The skeletons were completely useless for anything other than killing PD and breaking forts. The ghosts could have been useless but your death mages would have made short work of them anyways.

They really didn't matter. If you look at the battle report earlier, the only non-cap units I used were a few communion slave masters of the Way and some archers left over from the early game.

I was actually trying to take out your thugs by shuffling mages around, but fort mechanics meant they never got the chance to fight you other than the dogs. Which weren't actually sacred by the way, which I think is a bug.

Meanwhile 100% blasphemy will kill all dom otherwise, even with priests, I have fucked up many single player games by casting it and dying as well despite priest priesting.
Even ignoring the bit at the end, you'll still see my dominion was increasing while yours was going down. I don't know if that would have continued, but I wasn't in any immediate danger.

That army I had on my eastern front (your western) probably would have beaten the army you had in the area as it actually had nature mages to cast Relief and shit. But I probably would have taken a lot of losses so it was easier to just sit in my fort and shell your army with Flames From the Sky.

Which army is this? The one on the eastern front was mostly healed already thanks to Faery Queens + Cure All Elixers. The one I lost to you was still fairly diseased but it wasn't a huge deal as my troops have lots of HP and you didn't get any of my important mages.

I actually just wanted to see how my army would do against yours, didn't even realize your cap was there. I had planned on ending the game this turn anyways, had even told Abysia about it.

useful, rather. Their un-resistable magic attack makes them good at killing thugs.

I'm a faggot for triple posting but I just noticed the end of my post got eaten.

I think I would've still won a proper war, but yeah, it would have been a huge fucking pain in the ass holding your land when you had that many troops and thugs.

Ouch, yeah Stars are Right was bugged for MA R'lyeh in MagicEnhanced 1.1. Should be fixed in 1.2 though. I'll look at Petition Zhurong too, thanks.

Hmmm, Blood boosting should be pretty rare, I'll take a look at that.

It's worth mentioning that Lanka is pretty much the best case for Blood Harvest - most blood nations run Growth and Order, so gaining Growth and Turmoil gains them little and costs them unrest and gold. I'll tone down the income events though, make them rarer outside of the fall season. The freespawn villagers are shitty enough that upping the spawn rate should be fine. Thanks for the feedback.

What do you think of Blaspemy? Is it too much of a win condition for Blood nations? I've been thinking about upping the cost, or else having it eat blood slaves from your stock each turn it remains.

Blasphemy is fine, its like M.A.D., as Lanka reanimating acts as preaching so you have to take the time to fully equip them or have back ups.
Provided those don't die.

Then of course with a spell like Blood Harvest or something that similiary raises your dom, you will eventually be a victim to your own enchant.

Also the cost is fine, a spell like that and everyone is trying to dispel it, so regardless if someone is going to cast it they are going to use at least 300+ blood slaves.

L8TermAbortion is starting to get a bit cramped.
also bump

At least Fagbysia is under siege.

Lets make this a productive day for EA8nosurvivors lads

Also in eanothingbadwillhappen Caelum is under siege, so maybe those games will both speed up once the stalers are dead

I want to get into this game but everything is so overwhelming.

It's really not once you start experimenting, like DF or any 4x game.
There's not that much to do outside of advance planning;
1. Commander/troop recruitment
2. Research
3. Mercenaries
4. Battle orders
5. Commander abilities (rituals, spells etc)

If you want, we could do a noobs MP game - I've not tried multiplayer yet myself.

Yea let me start one up I'll be Lanka :^)

I wouldn't mind taking an arseblasting tbh, only way to learn.

What formations should I use? What spells should I research? Where should I spread the forts? Should I search for gems or have mages in the fights? The questions goes on and on. Not even Space Empires series made me this paralyzed.

Most of these questions can be answered by experimenting in single player for a bit. But, generally, you're relying on spells or blesses to give you the edge in battles.

So, you're forming armies in such a way that they are either creating a buffer to protect your mages, or charging the enemy's weak point, or any combination, depending on what your overall plan is. Having an overall plan and knowing what to research will come with experience, but a good beginners strat I think is to take a nation with strong sacreds, like bandar, get a nature or death bless, and just slice through all the AI's armies while trying out different spells.

Definitely always have mages in your army. And space them so they are spread out.

Use Double line formation for any troop with spears and decent armor

It depends. It depends. It depends.

Formations for troops is something you can work out in SP.
For spells, while it might seem like a dumb advice, if you want to leverage spells early research what your mages can cast. You don't have to know all spells but look through the spells and find the ones that your recruitables can cast that's like 4 or below in a school. Things like fireball and thunderstrike.

HAPPY MONDAY HEATHENS

Wew so it turns out swanherds are actually incredibly useful.

What for, Siege fodder?

Are any games currently open for a player to join?

They screen armies from scouts, after several turns you can have hundreds which makes small elite armies like Ys undetectable.
Along with stellar mages recruitable making scrying difficult.

They are probably the hardest to detect as far as none stealthy units.

Not at the moment, I'm hosting a few now and don't really want to host another but if someone else wanted to take the plunge I'd join.

llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=MemeTeam

Me and my friend are on a team, we want to do a 2v2 EA disciple game. Do any of you weenies want to get BTFO by us? :^)

Caelum is now gone

Yeah sure, If someone wants to be the Abysia to my Xilbalba I have sent a pretender in with scales that will be perfect for them.

WILL YOU FAGGOTS SEND IN YOUR TURN, I DON'T WANT A REPEAT OF LAST TIME WHERE THE GAMES FIZZLE OUT AND EVERYONE STALLS

I wouldn't normally play Abysia but I'll make an exception for you user.

The game is now started with a 36 hour turn timer. Good luck.

A bunch of turns have gone out
SO LETS GET IN THOSE TURNS.

ok

fug

It's pretty out there ,but at least I was able to take my cave.

CoE4 is now up on the Humble Store apparently, is it any good? Didn't want to get it on Steam but I'd be willing to grab it now if it's worth playing.

Its tough as nails, fucking confusing and unbalanced.
I've had a ton of fun with it, the multiple planes are great, and Agartha is a lot of fun.

We can be shitty together, user.

Welp, guess I'll buy it then.

Warlock best class
Necromancer is my favorite however

So far I'm crushing shit with the Troll King, though I'm guessing this class/nation is weak later on in the game despite roflstomping everything early on.

Mum can get you dragons and shit but you are better suited towards winning early.

I just attacked a big group of pygmies assuming they'd be unable to scratch him and he got raped by blowpipes, rip.

ohohohohoho

Welp Mark deleted my posts by I.P for shitposting. Been playing a bit but for some reason if I set CoE4 to fullscreen battles move at snails pace even if I set the battle speed to maximum. Couldn't seem to find anything by searching either, you have any idea what the issue is?

Playing on Linux.

I was wondering why they were removed, damn kike. Anyway, try disabling the battle background or just maybe using borderless windowed mode would help.

Seems disabling grid or terrain fixes it.

CoE seems a lot rougher around the edges than Dominions, the UI is somehow worse, can't re-watch battles, can't arrange troops, etc.

Same thing happened to me a couple weeks ago during the 4am controversy. I lost a lot of quality banter because of that fat kike.

Sorry for the delay got drunk as shit with my family and ended passing out instead of going home and sending in my turns.
pls bully

Bumping with more Greenlandic snow chimp memes; please don't let this thread die.

you done fucked up

It's going to die regardless because its approaching 400 posts.
Don't worry user I'll be hear waiting to make the next bread.

bump

Holy fuck Nazca, its seems the RNG has it out for both of us.

My fucking Hall of Fame Hero Knight, got fucking abducted to hell.
Then right after killing on of my champions you're Bane Lord gets killed my undead indi attack.

I'm a retard because I made a regeneration ring for the bane lord, but forgot to replace that red ruby thing he had. Probably would have survived if he was regenerating.

Is any special setup required for a direct connect network game or do I just forward whichever port I plan to use and give the people connecting my I.P?

You can use a command line email client and a batch file/script to automate it. That's how I do it I would have gone mad otherwise.

caspian.dotconf.net/menu/Software/SendEmail/