Paging conties and psychos

Are the Lacanian ontologies of Real and Symbolic comparable to the biopolitical categories of zoe and bios respectively?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=LuG8ElyirC0
is.muni.cz/el/1423/podzim2015/SOC587/um/AGAMBEN_HomoSacer_1998.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=OF8-9w2bPDw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

bump

bump

bumbump

Please explain what Zoe and bios are because I've never heard of it

No. These are (at least after Zizek/late Lacan) ontological categories that center around their respective impossibilities.
see Zizek's lecture: m.youtube.com/watch?v=LuG8ElyirC0

The "biopolitical" is mostly confined to the sphere of the Symbolic.

You also forget about the third ontological sphere: Imaginary.

So, in total, we have 3: Real, Imaginary, Symbolic.

bump 4 assblast

Thanks! Listening right now.

I am aware of it. I was trying to make parallels between the first two is all.

What I know comes reading this: is.muni.cz/el/1423/podzim2015/SOC587/um/AGAMBEN_HomoSacer_1998.pdf

Can you explain to me how to knots work exactly with Lacanese/psychoanalysis in general? It seems like Lacan would be suggesting that through cutting one of the rings you would be able to separate the remaining two, like cut the imaginary and you can separate the real from the symbolic, cut the real and you can separate the symbolic from the imaginary, and so on and so forth.

You (we) are (sadly) not in the position to cut any one of them because your very ability to question each one of them hinges on them being operative.

Oh, so it would be likeโ€ฆsay retelling a story in a certain way to fit present circumstances?

you can not 'cut' any of the ontological rings because that would mean that you surpass the very human condition which allows you to question ontology in the first place. the closest you van get is a psychotic episode.

Wicked.

what?

What's a psychotic episode, really? I was a patient at a psychoanalytic practice and when I had gotten these very vivid and forced images in my head of family and friends sort of 'melting' away and they [psychoanalysts] said it was a psychosit episode, and that I might be psychotic. This diagnosis got them to advise me to get a prescription for an antipsychotic (Olanzapine/Zyprexa) which completely knocked me out and then led to me going on fulltime antidepressants (Sertraline and Escitalopram, the latter of which I still use today, but I'm trying to reduce and eventually get rid of it).

Don't mean to shit on psychoanalysis in general, but my own experiences with it have been absolutely useless, if not detrimental to understanding what's wrong with me.

First of all, nice dubs.

More importantly though get off the meds as soon as you feel ready. Porky is lining his pockets by making you sicker. What you really need is psychotherapy.

t. person hospitalized for psychosis

Psychotic episodes are loss of contact with reality.

To be clear, normal people can have hallucinations. Many have them as they're going to sleep, or if they're sleep deprived. The difference between these 'sane hallucinations' and a psychotic break is insight. Sane people realize they're seeing shit when they hallucinate. When you're in a psychotic break, insight is nonexistent. The conjured reality trumps (lololol) the actual reality, and the formation of delusion is the inevitable result.

Note I never mentioned schizophrenia in this passage. That is because psychotic episodes can occur without schizophrenia, in the context of a brief psychotic break, or in schizophreniform disorder, as cycloid psychosis, as folie ร  deux, and many many other obscure or even culture-bound forms like running amok.

The difference that separates schizophrenia from all of the above is that it is a chronic disorder: it is not episode dependent like the psychotic bipolar but a near permanent fixture of life for the schizophrenic. This is why you must present with psychotic symptoms for at least six months in addition to a general decline in general interpersonal, career, and psychosocial functioning through that time period. In addition to the symptomology, schizophrenics have a number of cognitive deficits, in working memory and sustained attention as well as motivation and learning. This is because psychotic episodes are not good for the brain in the long-term.

Neither are antipsychotics, so schizophrenics have the choice between a shit covered rock and a shit covered hard place. Talking cure doesn't work either, which is why I give money to schizophrenic hobos on my block.

I really can't.

p. 79.
no

Get off them "meds" (that is, undertested drugs that permanently modify your brain chemistry) NOW.

NO! (& kys)
youtube.com/watch?v=OF8-9w2bPDw

Fuck off with your political psychiatry. I have no interest in it.

these two are opposed, mr. clever guy

What happens in heightened schizophrenic episodes?

who knows?!

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT TRUE SCHIZOPHRENIA

AS A SCHIZOPHRENIC I'VE BEEN DIAGNOSED AD SCHIZOPHRENIC SO I'M AN EXPERT ON THESE THINGS

kys

IM TAKING THIS SCIENTIFICALLY APPROVED DRUG SO IMA EXPERT ON THIS ISSUE

kys

kill yourself

Wow, what a horrible fucking thing to do. As a ๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€(bipolar๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€)) person who stopped taking meds, you are really misdirecting your fucking anger. My doctor told me I would have to be on antipsychotics and mood stabilizers for the rest of my life. Literally spooked me into taking the meds for 4 years despite still experiencing symptoms because I was so terrified of being put in a psych ward again. During that period of time, you bet your ass I would have regurgitated pharmapropaganda under the delusion that I was helping people. Telling people in that scenario to kill themselves is fucking abhorrent and you should be ashamed.

forgot to take off my shitposting flag

p.79
>inb4 not killing yourself

contradiction of terms

B-but Freudfag, your insistence on t-theory alienates the true s-sufferers of these conditions from realizing their t-true condition!

You should be ashamed of yourself!

If suicide is such a great theory why don't you embrace it then????

I honestly believe in the rightousness of assisted suicide.

because I don't start threads about my mental suffering?

Now this triggers me. Tell me, what else do we have? Are you seriously going to attack me because I propose we create and follow theory?

Are you, by any chance, an hysteric?

No you unsympathetic jerk, I'm not criticizing you for posting theory. I'm criticizing you for hiding behind theory while glibly telling people who are suffering to fucking kill themselves. And you rationalize it by saying "well I am not experiencing the same level of mental suffering! therefore i can tell others to commit suicide"! I'm reading your fucking .pdf and it's some good shit but why the fuck. No amount of Zizek memes will make encouraging suicide in such a vulnerable population ok. Jesus Christ.

Two of those posts aren't mine.

that I am not, for I posted books that can be used by these people who suffer from their conditions

I agree this is bad, but

what's wrong with suicide? seriously?

seriously? what's your problem with it?

All life is sacred and precious you s.hitlord!

It's called a soul, you cretin!

I must admit it's rather weird reading all these threads about psychoanalysis on leftypol when I actually go to an Lacanian analysis

*Lacanian Analyst

Where did you get this .gif from? Are there more?