Paging conties and psychos

Eli Evans
Eli Evans

Are the Lacanian ontologies of Real and Symbolic comparable to the biopolitical categories of zoe and bios respectively?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=LuG8ElyirC0
is.muni.cz/el/1423/podzim2015/SOC587/um/AGAMBEN_HomoSacer_1998.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=OF8-9w2bPDw

Alexander Nelson
Alexander Nelson

bump

Wyatt Foster
Wyatt Foster

bump

Ayden Garcia
Ayden Garcia

bumbump

Adrian Allen
Adrian Allen

Please explain what Zoe and bios are because I've never heard of it

Jacob Garcia
Jacob Garcia

No. These are (at least after Zizek/late Lacan) ontological categories that center around their respective impossibilities.
see Zizek's lecture: m.youtube.com/watch?v=LuG8ElyirC0

The "biopolitical" is mostly confined to the sphere of the Symbolic.

You also forget about the third ontological sphere: Imaginary.

So, in total, we have 3: Real, Imaginary, Symbolic.

Jaxon Jones
Jaxon Jones

bump 4 assblast

Oliver Myers
Oliver Myers

Thanks! Listening right now.

You also forget about the third ontological sphere: Imaginary.
I am aware of it. I was trying to make parallels between the first two is all.

Elijah Barnes
Elijah Barnes

What I know comes reading this: is.muni.cz/el/1423/podzim2015/SOC587/um/AGAMBEN_HomoSacer_1998.pdf

Jonathan Hill
Jonathan Hill

Can you explain to me how to knots work exactly with Lacanese/psychoanalysis in general? It seems like Lacan would be suggesting that through cutting one of the rings you would be able to separate the remaining two, like cut the imaginary and you can separate the real from the symbolic, cut the real and you can separate the symbolic from the imaginary, and so on and so forth.

Benjamin Martinez
Benjamin Martinez

You (we) are (sadly) not in the position to cut any one of them because your very ability to question each one of them hinges on them being operative.

Blake Martin
Blake Martin

Oh, so it would be like…say retelling a story in a certain way to fit present circumstances?

Jaxson Richardson
Jaxson Richardson

you can not 'cut' any of the ontological rings because that would mean that you surpass the very human condition which allows you to question ontology in the first place. the closest you van get is a psychotic episode.

Connor Martinez
Connor Martinez

Wicked.

Dylan Thompson
Dylan Thompson

what?

Leo Campbell
Leo Campbell

What's a psychotic episode, really? I was a patient at a psychoanalytic practice and when I had gotten these very vivid and forced images in my head of family and friends sort of 'melting' away and they [psychoanalysts] said it was a psychosit episode, and that I might be psychotic. This diagnosis got them to advise me to get a prescription for an antipsychotic (Olanzapine/Zyprexa) which completely knocked me out and then led to me going on fulltime antidepressants (Sertraline and Escitalopram, the latter of which I still use today, but I'm trying to reduce and eventually get rid of it).

Don't mean to shit on psychoanalysis in general, but my own experiences with it have been absolutely useless, if not detrimental to understanding what's wrong with me.

Caleb Harris
Caleb Harris

First of all, nice dubs.

More importantly though get off the meds as soon as you feel ready. Porky is lining his pockets by making you sicker. What you really need is psychotherapy.

t. person hospitalized for psychosis

Levi Taylor
Levi Taylor

Psychotic episodes are loss of contact with reality.

To be clear, normal people can have hallucinations. Many have them as they're going to sleep, or if they're sleep deprived. The difference between these 'sane hallucinations' and a psychotic break is insight. Sane people realize they're seeing shit when they hallucinate. When you're in a psychotic break, insight is nonexistent. The conjured reality trumps (lololol) the actual reality, and the formation of delusion is the inevitable result.

Note I never mentioned schizophrenia in this passage. That is because psychotic episodes can occur without schizophrenia, in the context of a brief psychotic break, or in schizophreniform disorder, as cycloid psychosis, as folie à deux, and many many other obscure or even culture-bound forms like running amok.

The difference that separates schizophrenia from all of the above is that it is a chronic disorder: it is not episode dependent like the psychotic bipolar but a near permanent fixture of life for the schizophrenic. This is why you must present with psychotic symptoms for at least six months in addition to a general decline in general interpersonal, career, and psychosocial functioning through that time period. In addition to the symptomology, schizophrenics have a number of cognitive deficits, in working memory and sustained attention as well as motivation and learning. This is because psychotic episodes are not good for the brain in the long-term.

Neither are antipsychotics, so schizophrenics have the choice between a shit covered rock and a shit covered hard place. Talking cure doesn't work either, which is why I give money to schizophrenic hobos on my block.

Hudson Ortiz
Hudson Ortiz

I went to a non-Lacanian clinic
plz tell me what happened
I really can't.

what's psychosis?
p. 79.
inb4 TL;DR me
no

Samuel Hill
Samuel Hill

More importantly though get off the meds as soon as you feel ready.
Get off them "meds" (that is, undertested drugs that permanently modify your brain chemistry) NOW.

sane vs. psychotic
NO! (& kys)
youtube.com/watch?v=OF8-9w2bPDw

Zachary Nguyen
Zachary Nguyen

Fuck off with your political psychiatry. I have no interest in it.

Ian Martin
Ian Martin

political psychiatry
psychoanalysis
these two are opposed, mr. clever guy

Cameron Allen
Cameron Allen

What happens in heightened schizophrenic episodes?

Connor Morgan
Connor Morgan

what happens in [ideologically constructed category]?
who knows?!

Lincoln Rogers
Lincoln Rogers

inb4
LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT TRUE SCHIZOPHRENIA

AS A SCHIZOPHRENIC I'VE BEEN DIAGNOSED AD SCHIZOPHRENIC SO I'M AN EXPERT ON THESE THINGS

kys

Nathaniel Taylor
Nathaniel Taylor

& inb4
IM TAKING THIS SCIENTIFICALLY APPROVED DRUG SO IMA EXPERT ON THIS ISSUE

kys

Adam Sanchez
Adam Sanchez

a chronic disorder
kill yourself

Parker Walker
Parker Walker

telling psychotic people to kill themselves

Wow, what a horrible fucking thing to do. As a 🍀🍀🍀(bipolar🍀🍀🍀)) person who stopped taking meds, you are really misdirecting your fucking anger. My doctor told me I would have to be on antipsychotics and mood stabilizers for the rest of my life. Literally spooked me into taking the meds for 4 years despite still experiencing symptoms because I was so terrified of being put in a psych ward again. During that period of time, you bet your ass I would have regurgitated pharmapropaganda under the delusion that I was helping people. Telling people in that scenario to kill themselves is fucking abhorrent and you should be ashamed.

Luis Russell
Luis Russell

forgot to take off my shitposting flag

Asher Kelly
Asher Kelly

p.79
>inb4 not killing yourself

Owen Wilson
Owen Wilson

psychosis
symptoms
contradiction of terms

Chase Hernandez
Chase Hernandez

B-but Freudfag, your insistence on t-theory alienates the true s-sufferers of these conditions from realizing their t-true condition!

You should be ashamed of yourself!

Anthony Taylor
Anthony Taylor

insistence on theory

If suicide is such a great theory why don't you embrace it then????

Christian Butler
Christian Butler

muh suicide is such an taboo and everyone for it is an evil persun :::((
I honestly believe in the rightousness of assisted suicide.

if u say 'kys' to everyone why don't you 'kys' yourself?!
because I don't start threads about my mental suffering?

insistence on theory
Now this triggers me. Tell me, what else do we have? Are you seriously going to attack me because I propose we create and follow theory?

Easton Wright
Easton Wright

posting with feminist flag
Are you, by any chance, an hysteric?

Colton Collins
Colton Collins

No you unsympathetic jerk, I'm not criticizing you for posting theory. I'm criticizing you for hiding behind theory while glibly telling people who are suffering to fucking kill themselves. And you rationalize it by saying "well I am not experiencing the same level of mental suffering! therefore i can tell others to commit suicide"! I'm reading your fucking .pdf and it's some good shit but why the fuck. No amount of Zizek memes will make encouraging suicide in such a vulnerable population ok. Jesus Christ.

Justin Adams
Justin Adams

Two of those posts aren't mine.

Levi Mitchell
Levi Mitchell

you unsympathetic jerk
that I am not, for I posted books that can be used by these people who suffer from their conditions

my criticism amounts to telling you to stop telling people to what to do
I agree this is bad, but

my criticism amounts to telling you to stop telling people to commit suicide
what's wrong with suicide? seriously?

more shitting on suicide
seriously? what's your problem with it?

Asher Green
Asher Green

All life is sacred and precious you s.hitlord!

Samuel Wilson
Samuel Wilson

It's called a soul, you cretin!

Jayden Nelson
Jayden Nelson

I must admit it's rather weird reading all these threads about psychoanalysis on leftypol when I actually go to an Lacanian analysis

Jaxson Moore
Jaxson Moore

*Lacanian Analyst

Christian Fisher
Christian Fisher

Where did you get this .gif from? Are there more?

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit