Ragnarok Online Thread: Forbidden Knowledge Edition

A sprite based MMORPG. First launched in 2002 in Korea and 2003 in the US. The Grandfather to Tree of Savior.

ratemyserver.net/

A handy tool to help explain quests/items/monsters/maps. A must have.

hero-server.net/

pandoraonline.net/heRO_wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

The private server we'll be playing on.

Key features of HeRO server are as follows:

Pre-Renewal

Low rate: 5x Base Exp / 5x Job Exp

Levels cap at 99/50 and 99/70

More can be found in Info & Features tab.

Guild name is InfinityCircuit

Type /bgm to turn on the glorious background music.

If you've never played Ragnarok, this is a great place to start. If you're an old adventurer this is a great way to relive those old times with a decent server that isn't bot infested.

Guild Document 1st Draft
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SoxJaMGZq7uHH-4RgEQGgCqPHfQtqmtt3ogd7MtkJZg/edit#gid=0

Making a guild emblem, opening maps and having fun

Other urls found in this thread:

gn0me.org/vfw/
pandoraonline.net/heRO_wiki/index.php?title=Buddy_Beanie
irowiki.org/~himeyasha/skill4/pri.html?10gXdNsXdAhFbbsOqnkebNjX
ratemyserver.net/index.php?page=detailedlistserver&serid=793&url_sname=heRO
pandoraonline.net/heRO_wiki/index.php?title=True_Poring_Island
pandoraonline.net/heRO_wiki/index.php?title=Poporing_Island
irowiki.org/wiki/Quest_Items
ratemyserver.net/index.php?page=creation_db&op=1
ratemyserver.net/index.php?page=creation_db&op=3
ratemyserver.net/checkstatus.php?id=793&name=heRO
irowiki.org/wiki/Quests
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SoxJaMGZq7uHH-4RgEQGgCqPHfQtqmtt3ogd7MtkJZg/edit#gid=0
ratemyserver.net/quest_db.php?type=60000&qid=60026
ratemyserver.net/index.php?page=misc_db_list
ragnarokchampion.blogspot.ca/2011/01/ragnarok-whitesmith-guide.html
ratemyserver.net/index.php?page=download_kROLinks
rathena.org/board/topic/102572-kro-full-client-last-update-06152016/
irowiki.org/wiki/Rachel_Sanctuary_Quest
endlessroforums.forum-pro.org/t11-info-secret-pet-skills-and-bonuses
ratemyserver.net/index.php?page=mob_db&mob_id=1200
irowiki.org/wiki/Pet_System
ratemyserver.net/index.php?mob_name=Bacsojin &page=mob_db&f=1&mob_search=Search
pandoraonline.net/heRO_wiki/index.php?title=Item_of_the_Day
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

gn0me.org/vfw/
Vertical firewall training, important for mages

Is that magician reading a book on how to fuck?

Novices can't really do too much. They have a skill that can be learned via a quest called "Play Dead" that is handy, but you lose the skill if you chose any other job class (I forget is Super Novices keep it or not). Get to job level 10 and decide on what class you want next.

yes

Your basic physical strong hitter class. Carries a sword (two handed or single handed), spear, or dagger, and a shield (if you're using a single handed sword/dagger). Swordsmen can be built a few different ways. My personal choice is to build his stats in STR, AGI and some DEX. If you're going to be a tank, swap out AGI for VIT.

Toss magic bolts of different elements at your foes. Wields staffs or daggers. Magicians are best used with INT (for strong spells) and DEX (for faster casting) builds. Other good skill points can be AGI to evade attacks, or VIT to take more hits.

Long range fighter. Archers who are using bows require arrows. So always keep an eye out on your arrow count before going into the field as arrows are consumables. You can find arrows for sale in most NPC shops. Archers Damage with a bow is determined by the DEX Stat. So pump up that DEX. Similar to the mage AGI can help you evade foes while VIT can let you take more hits.

for guild emblems, people could post them in the thread and we'd pick one. it needs to be a 24x24 pixels .bmp image

The Happy Merchant is here! Merchants are primarily used by players who just want to get more profits on the loot they sell to NPCs. But can also be used to sell items to players by setting up a shop. You'll find lots of player owned shops around towns. Merchants can also be good fighters similar to swordsmen. To be completely honest, I don't really have a good idea on how best to make your merchant, but if you'd like to fight with a sword, dagger, or axe, I'd recommended a similar build to a swordsman.

Extra Notes from another user:
"Two-handed axes suit Merchants.

Remember, the weight that you have on your cart makes you hit HARDER, therefore ALWAYS have your cart filled to maximum capacity with whatever useless crap you have. Try to reach the perfect cap.

AGI / STR are your friends with a Blacksmith. They hit harder than Knights and faster than them, exception of a Frenzy Lord Knight. Knights just are faster, last longer and are easier to have.

Blacksmiths / Whitesmiths lack proper AoE skills, and the best skills costs MONEY, so be sure if you want a merchant.

However, if this server has resets, that I dont know, you can perfectly fine have a Blacksmith reach lv99 and not rebirth him, reset his stats to DEX and LUCK to craft elemental weapons to yourself and the guild, you can also sell them to players since they are quite valuable.

Since you craft weapons, you can try to upgrade them beyond the safe +4, try to reach +10, don't go beyond that.

Whitesmiths (rebirth of Blacksmith) can UPGRADE weapons way better than the NPC with better % chance and with less materials."

Agile and quick hitters, Thief's can do very well for a new player who's looking to get a bit more out of each fight. Using daggers or swords Thief's can learn double hit as a passive skill to sneak in a little extra damage per hit. They can also attempt to steal items off monsters even if they don't fight them at all! Thief's are built best with STR and AGI in mind with some DEX thrown in. There are other ways to build a Thief but that's just my suggestion.

Everyone's best friend. The main healer of the party. Acolyte's specialize in buffing and healing other members of their team. Build them with INT for stronger heals and more SP or be a combat Acolyte and put points into STR. Ether way, remember to buff your self and your party members.

Taekwon's are a pretty interesting character type. They primary use no items to attack with other than their kicks. Leveling up Taekwon's skills are basically determined if you'll go ether Taekwon Master or Soul Linker. Level a Taekwon with STR, AGI or VIT and some DEX to help hit. You'll start out your early days being a physical fighter so be strong for now. If you decide to go the magical path of a soul linker, you can always reset your stats in this server (for a price of zenny).

Extra Notes from another user:
">I've never played Taek Master

Star Gladiator (Taek Master) are the most weird class of the bunch, depending if the number of the day is odd, or if it's day or night or what month it is… His power changes.

He can only have one of these powers in three maps, however, you can stack all of these in a single map.

It also focus on targets with the same name, choose wisely.

As you can see, it sounds pretty stupid, but when you have a Star Gladiator stacked a single map, they become GOD destroyer of worlds.

This little fellas deal MASSIVE damage on that map and are truly fearsome.

If you are an advanced player or you want to invest to be filthy RICH make a Star Gladiator and put your three maps on Morroc, where all the Satan's Morroc shadows are. If you focus the Ghosts you can try to lure them alone and 1v1 them into oblivion and pray to the gods that you get Diabolus ring, which usually costs a fucking fortune."

Gunslingers are ranged fighters who specialize in firearms, be it revolvers, shotguns, Gatling guns or grenade launchers (there might be more but I think thats all of them). Gunslingers will have to buy all there ammunition from venders, similar to how a archers arrows are consumables so are bullets and shells. Level up similar to a archer with Dex as your primary focus. AGI or VIT to dodge or stay alive longer. Gunslingers are pretty neat if you can get the hang of them, but NOT A RECOMMENDED STARTER CLASS as the weapons are expensive and the ammo is slightly as well.

Extra Notes from another User:
" This is a FUN class with NOTHING more. It's REALLY expensive to have a Gunslinger and ANY class do all of their jobs better.

However it's just fun to switch from pistols to shotguns or gatling gun just cause you can.

His skills costs money too even."

Ninjas are a little strange as they can be ranged, up close and magical all at the same time. Figure out what one you want to make and build accordingly. I've seen some pretty crazy stuff done by ninjas in my time, so I've come to respect them as a class. Plus they look neat. Sorry for lack of detail on this class, I've never successfully built a proper ninja so I have little to offer.

Extra notes from another user:

" Like the gunslinger, its an expensive class and not recommended for beginners.

However Ninjas can be of use unlike Gunslingers.

Melee if PvP. Magician Ninja if PvE and PvP. If you wanna throw shurikens in PvE delete the character."

Masochists unite! This is your class if you feel like suffering as a novice for 45 base levels. Super Novices (or SN) will find that they have all main 6 1st classes skills available to them! Whats nuts about it is that you're allowed to get 99 Job levels! So you can really get a ton of first class skills and mix and match. Mind that because of this builds will vary. But if you can deal with the suffering and strife of those first 45 base levels as a novice, this might just be for you.

pandoraonline.net/heRO_wiki/index.php?title=Buddy_Beanie

I highly suggest any new players attempt this quest. Not only will it familiarize your self with the world, but also unlock this wonderful hat.

"The Buddy Beanie is a hat geared towards lower level characters! If you are base level 85 or lower, then you obtain the following bonuses: +600 HP, +80 SP, 5% more exp earned from non-boss monsters. All characters gain the 3 defense from the hat regardless of base level, and it is refinable. It has a weight of 20, is equipped in Upper Headgear slot, and requires a minimum base level of 12 to use. "

A few praises of the game by other users:

07/14/16 (Thu)
"The game has a level of open-endedness that only games like EVE can top, and this was further reinforced by constant updates of good content and a subtly enforced sense of community; players are also relevant to the game at all times, whether its to the economy through item/card drops, what content they can access,or community-driven matters.

We may urge people onto an easy fast track for leveling, but even amongst us being eager to share our veterancy, we all have varying ideas and strategies about how to play the game and progress, especially early on; and this is something that's even survived the era of forum/gamefaqs guides for literally everything.

Everything about the game, from its art to its music was solidly done and iconic; down to every last enemy and map in the game, which you could show to any RO player and they could tell you something unique about it; whether it's the weakness of the enemies there, the card the wandering boss of the area drops, the requirements to enter, or just the music.

To me, it's the Thief of MMORPGs; a game that's spectacular, only because it did things right, and it should've been surpassed far, far long ago."

07/14/16 (Thu)

That's a bigger deal than it sounds like.

Just saying RO is merely more open than ToS is an understatement, you can go anywhere anytime and party up with anyone to kill strong ass monsters to level fast or get good gear, you will most likely die trying though, because the monsters are a real danger even if you have the same level as them.

There are no questlines guiding you through the game, you basically level just by killing mobs and the few quests give you stuff like items, special skills and access to new areas.

The gear is much more solid in this game too, Instead of getting a new sword every 5 levels you can get a top tier neutral element from the shop instantly if you have the cash, note that it may not be the best sword, because those often lack card slots for advanced builds and they have no element. This makes crafting gear and refining a much more important thing right from the low levels.

The best thing in it to me is the monster layout and party playing, there are strong monsters everywhere and they can be anywhere on their respective maps, makes playing with a party very important in almost every place you go especially on the higher level areas. Of course you can still solo, but you'll be pretty limited and will have to tackle weaker challenges.

Note that when you kill an enemy, no matter your level, you always get the same XP, so no matter if you're and kill a lvl1 monster or manage to kill a lvl100 one there's no XP penalty. You still get shit % from the low levels because they give you low XP already, but killing stronger enemies anywhere is very rewarding. In most MMOs and even ToS if you team up and kill a strong monster you get shit XP because of level discrepancy, instead you have to go into shitty instance dungeons and kill low level strong monsters.

I don't quite get how vending works

Ok, All the information I can think of is posted.

Hello fellow guildmates. How's it going?

Today as stated in the OP one of our goals is to make an emblem for the guild.

Feel free to post ideas here.

Guild emblems need to be 24x24 pixels.

you need items in your cart to use it

I got that part but what do I do after I put them from the cart to the shop and set prices

once you set prices its up to other players to buy your things.

You'll see merchants set up along side busy areas in hopes of selling there goods, so you can do the same. The thing is, you can't play the game while selling so you'll want to to @autovend I think the command is, this logs you out of your account and keeps your merchant selling while your away from the account.

Most people make an alternate account for selling goods or just sell goods when they're done playing for the day.

you wait for someone to buy it
this server also has @autotrade, which lets you close the game while your shop stays open ingame

Yeah that's the part I was wondering about thanks

Another day, another comfy

What happened to the one we got on steam chat on day 1?

Still have it. I figured I'd collect a few before I made a decision.

Where the fuck is the healslut why isn't Hilda online I have questions dammit

if it's gameplay related, ask away

SOME ONE STARTED AN EVENT

GET THE FUCK IN FAST

46 badges with half of my points into AGI. Bleh. Full VIT might be the best next time.

ANOTHER EVENT

What stats do you need to be a good heal slut and what skills do I need?

Int/dex
Look through the skills, shouldn't be hard to figure out what's useful and what's not.

you need int for heals and sp, dex for cast time and vit for survival. You can level int until you're healing for 2016 while blessed, it's enough. Then get about 60 dex and the rest vit, I'd say.
As for skills, I'd get this irowiki.org/~himeyasha/skill4/pri.html?10gXdNsXdAhFbbsOqnkebNjX

Safety wall is good but hard to get as a priest, unless you downgrade Kyrie eleison to 4 and take a point off aspersio

Another event

It just keeps happening!

Is there a way to reset stats and skills in game?

Yep.

SW building in Prt plaza has a resetter. Free 'til level 40

Nice thanks.

DID SOMEONE SAY RAGNAROK ONLINE THREAD?!

God damn these events. they just keep happening.

great for items but god damn too many at once

4 EVENTS ON A ROW

don't do it nigger we're having a good time

So why did Killiask leave I still have his bottles

if hes not memeing we need another alchi

I'll admit, I'm not really in the mood.

So, I've only ever played Ragnarok on the iRO server. What's it like to play on a private server? Does the 5x Exp rate make leveling seem too fast? How're the events that supposedly happen a lot?

It's fast but not too fast. 5 times the speed of a snail doesn't equal sanic

oh lawd.
5x doesn't make things any easier, if anything it eliminates the fresh hell that some classes have to wade through while being underpowered (ie merchants). You also get 3x drops, custom islands that help mid-level grindan, insta warps, color palete changer, EVENTS

And more you can find out here
ratemyserver.net/index.php?page=detailedlistserver&serid=793&url_sname=heRO

SOURCE

Stop, Holla Forums, you're making me want to play again.

The ride never ends

i'm not doing another zombie run fuck you tank blacksmith

It's a natural reaction, user.
Give in to your desires.

He's not one of ours.

he won't hear you here

None of us are this loaded to do this many events.

In my 7 years on this server this is getting close to the amount of events in a row that was last seen when this system was put in place.

I ended up going after all

thats nuts

events are exclusive to custom servers and tend to give bretty good rewards

Today's been a good day to be a new player on this server

You should join in. there might be room for you in the guild.

No worries about asking questions. We'll do what we can to answer them.

It's fun , hope you come check it out.

Put me in the guild, logan, or don't talk to me or my wife's son again.

It's like you want to just get in to make us look bad.

MANTIS CARD GET

How do I play this game? I'm level 30 and I have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing.

naisu

Get Job to 50 and lv 99 to prepare for rebirth, need 1,200,000 zenny for that plus some items for the rebirth quest. Then youll be reset back to a high novice and prepare for 3rd Job.

explore, do quests, farm mats for craftings, lurk ratemyserver

If you're new to the game, explore around, get the feel for the world. It's pretty awesome.

But if you'd like a bit more guidance let us know your job and if you'd like to join in the guild. We can help you out further from there.

Some how you don't know my name when I'm in the chatroom everyday, was in the guild (my name should be in the exit log),I was standing right in front of you and my name is the 2nd on the google doc? Are you really taking memes this seriously? I'm not going to turn this into stupid drama. Either invite me Super Killias, or don't.

I'm in the guild.

I'm not trying to make this drama ether. Just you're coming at this kind of in a way that was making me unsure.

I'll invite you in, its just I was trying to weed out anyone who wasn't from the thread earlier because I've already had a few people try to get in without being from here.

sorry for the confusion.

Well ok then. Good looking out. Sorry for getting bit too worked up.

Sorry, get a lot of people each day, its hard to keep track of them all.

What have you been training on so far?

I thought there was also Rebirth classes, such as Monk > Asura or Rogue > Stalker. Is that Renewal? is that in this server?

What you see in this post is what is in the server.

Rebirth classes are in.

Thanks.

Question again. What is Renewal? why is this pre-renewal?

renewal was a major overhaul of the game that changes a LOT of things, and many people argue that it finished killing the game, that's why there are pre-renewal classic servers.

Renewal in a lot of peoples eyes completely threw the game on its head in terms of balance. Added some new things, changed monster spawn situations and all sort of things.

Pre-Renewal is a way of saying "before shit got fucked" basically.

At least that's what my understanding of it is. I've only played Pre-Renewal servers.

I would like to know as well

Renewal was Warp Portal's attempt to modernise some of the game's mechanics (read: ruin the game's mechanics). Gravity weren't involved with RO at this point and had left several years earlier.

Things like attack, attack speed, cast speed, defence, and even how your character could level were all overhauled along with the functionality of a lot of skills and stuff.

The changes didn't go over so well, so pre-renewal environments became popular.

Thanks. Heres a final bump.

Loved RO back in the day. Had all classes maxxed in one random private server but never really looked much into the game outside of PvP and WoE. I never played post-renewal. I did get to play Soul Linker/Star Gladiator and I remember sucking mana out of all people with my GTB card and 99 int and vit, it was so much fun. It was a x10/x5 server too so GTB was super rare. A random guy who thought I was a chick gave it to me because I was guildmaster.

Never did Ninja or Gunslinger though, i had stopped playing because Vanilla WoW kicked in.

I have good memories of RO. I'd love to replay but it would have to be a PvP oriented guild and I'd totally log for every WoE because that shit was so much fun.

Read

Also, imagine, when you play RO even if you are a low level and you manage to, somehow, kill a high level as fuck enemy, you get a fuckload of exp. With renewal you could get less experience than a shitty monster of your level that you can kill 20 at the same time.

This is important since in RO if you had enough skill and a good party you could go to end game dungeons while being a "low" level and power level like a motherfucker. Obviously, dying still meant losing exp.

Yeah that second part is really crucial to describing what made renewal so shitty.

The levelling side of PvE became less skill / gear / party-gated, and became almost entirely level-gated. This also made the game more linear since you basically couldn't go to the zones that weren't appropriate for your level any more, I mean you could walk there, but you wouldn't get anything for going there no matter how many friends you had together to kill shit. You had to stay within ze dezignayted levelling areyah, and it fucked the entire exploration aspect of the world up, and messed with everyone's favourite levelling spots.

I blame the modern MMOs for that though. RO thought it had to catch up to them and started this streamlining bullshit, that's the worst part of renewal for me (other than that they didn't fix most of the bugs that are in the game since launch)

Can someone add me to the guild? Name is Bastt. need help getting 40 of those scale stems for the arrow craft skill

Get to the center of Prontera

Remember guys, when the only wizard tells you.
Pay attention
We lost our priest due to this earlier and it shouldn't happen again.

kek

Stop wasting storm gust on a single minotaur heck

This happened at goats too. At necros or thors this may get you killed or party wipe if we don't have an SP prof on standby.

we won't be going those places anytime soon. But I'm down for some raydrics or tower HOs if there's a dev sader with me.

Kick 3k moonman from the guild, I am just not autistic enough to enjoy this game sorry guys.

RIP.

It's just that you didnt play on the golden age or you have shit taste, probably both

Sorry to see ya go. if you ever come back, we'll make room for ya.

I thought taking you to umbala and nilfhelm would make things more fun for you

good places to grind with a party.

pandoraonline.net/heRO_wiki/index.php?title=True_Poring_Island

pandoraonline.net/heRO_wiki/index.php?title=Poporing_Island

List of items to check whether something is worth throwing away or not
irowiki.org/wiki/Quest_Items

if I remember correctly, there are a few porings there that will push your shit in if you get close.

So I haven't really bothered to go back.

But feel free to try it out.

oh, damn good find. thats going in the OP pasta.

Holy shit, look at the exp yields. We should go there

Nah I the only thing that auto agros is one big ghost mini boss

If you find bloops take a screenshot for me, I was causally searching for a little bit with no luck

it was good just the nature of the game is not what I am looking for

hey OP please remove DonQuixcope from the guild and add in my alt, Snek, instead.

Also I'm hunting wolves two maps west of alberta if anyone wants to join. I'm a 43/33 bow thief

Never played RO, is alchemist fun I kinda want to try it

Why am I not Alpha yet logan? I'm a fucking wizard

It requires patience, planning and shekels. Play another class if you haven't played RO. Then get into alchi.

But are you a /wizard/?

do yourself a favor and respec.

Stalkers are either two builds, Backstab spec to remove casters (STR )or armor strippers (DEX), the latter is not really that good because of all the MISS MISS MISS MISS and they're not useful in practice or in pvp meta

with that said, if you want to PvE, you're better off being an assassin, and that doesn't use bows at all.

Trust me, it's for your own good. Double attack with knives is more dps for leveling anyway. If you want to shoot arrows you shoul've gone Hunter.

I've already set him up on the right path with zeny and advice.
- Askvardt

What about plagiarism rogues?

Who combo Monk here?

You better keep to trifecta>quad and not go any deeper, user.
Getting final blow kills their damage.

fate doesn't want me to have fun

me

ratemyserver.net/index.php?page=creation_db&op=1
archers refer to this list for crafting arrows.
Remember you can buy fire arrows in lhz, einbroch and phantom ship I'm looking at you shooty

I'll pay zeny for arrows when you pry it from my soft, quivering hands.

Also you can make quivers inside the weapon shop in Payon (500z per quiver, holds 500 arrows)

definitely worth it for 0.2 arrows, meh for 0.1.

Used for flying Kick just to get behind people to stealth and backstab or Raging trifecta blow for chance of proc on stab for more damage AFAIK . Also see it used for traps. You don't build a spec around plagiarism/intimidate anyway.

Flying Kick is best due to its sheer mobility mostly

to reiterate AFAIK Rogues/Stalkers really get useful/buffed in renewal with Shadow Chaser. They're "why be a rogue when you can be an assassin" before renewal, although backstab build with swords and 1 shot is fun in WoE, Assassins can do that just fine too and actually kill more than just squishy players. its just because stalkers have better stealth.

Stalkers are gods of pvp/woe but not for damage, it's for full divest and stealth recalls

I'll be making a pure forger smith to make elemental weapons for the guild, but for that I'm gonna need you guys to leech me cause I don't have money to reset build at 99. the merch is lv40 atm.

You guys should gather mats for the weapons you want (remember that chance isn't 100% so you'll need more than one set)

Here's the list for mats ratemyserver.net/index.php?page=creation_db&op=3 (put this in the next OP)

To make a weapon elemental you'll need the corresponding elemental stone (rough wind for wind, flaming heart for fire, mystic frozen for water, great nature for earth)

100x Steel for a weapon, that's realistic

By the way the best (and the only worth making) elemental weapons are:
(Knife) Damascus
(One-handed sword) Flamberge
(Two-handed sword) Claymore
(Two-handed axe) Two-handed axe hurrr
(Mace) Sword Mace (Stunner is better but needs an mvp drop)
(Fist) Fist hurhadfgadsyf
(One-handed spear) Pike
(Two-handed spear) Lance

no bows?

can't craft bows for some reason. I think it was because they didn't want other elemental bows to keep some value to them instead of them being outshone by something some one could make.

Bows have elemental arrows already, right? Seems a bit pointless.

There are droppable elemental ones, they even deal bonus damage with the elemental arrows.

shoutout to OP who tanks for free

Have a lewd buddha we found

Does pre-renewal have the Third Classes: Rune Knight, Ranger, Mechanic, etc.?

Because heRO server doesn't have any of them.

Thanks mate. That's a good looking statue.

The server only has classes listed in this post

No, but they're slowly backporting Post-Renewal content like the new areas and items for the server; 3rd Classes might eventually show up but they'll be pretty different from they're other implementation.
As they are, they'd basically trivialize the rest of the game and turn PvP into a shitshow.

SOON

Should've go with == "MAKE RAGNAROK ONLINE GREAT AGAIN". ==

I fucking warned you

Eh at least you unlocked the map…right?

Yeah, fun times…

Could be done if we had a priest.
We really lack priests.

So how exactly do I rake in the cash as a Hunter?
I'm almost to the Job Change quest and I've never played one before, but I've heard they're great low-effort farmers.

>Lacking priests, one of the most fun characters in RO and my main

Listen nigga, when I'm a priest you are my minion.
If you want me to support you, then you have to listen what I say. If you're impolite? Enjoy your target with Increased Agi and for you Bless and Increase Agi lv1 with no healing, if you learn your position I'd res you.

People fail to realise how good and important the priest is, the priest doesn't need a party, you need him in the party.

You kill things that are hard as fuck to kill for melees. Hunters require investment in arrows and SP items so you can spam DS on everything.
If you're totally new to the game three easy spots for you to masturbate yourself to death to earn money would be Brasilis dungeon (the green mermaids for roses), Gonryun Dungeon first floor (Enchanted Peach Tree), Moscovia Dungeon (Third floor, Mavkas for crystals and roses).

Remember to carry a fucking poring pet with you, hunters can't into weight.

This guy knows his shit. Listen to him.

I can smell a White Mage coloured Fedora on you from here.

I've never used a fedora on my life but I did spend over 7 years on this game.
I love being a summoner or Necromancer, Priest was the closest I could get in RO
It did wonders making everyone in the party my minions doing the dirty job meanwhile I was just supporting them

Also I always play Tank Priest, I would always be able to do everything.
No party? Anubis or Nameless time.
Party to X place? You bet your ass that everyone's my minion, if there's another priest I either teach him/her the proper way of "Your Minion and you". All priests love that shit and it improves the quality of the community, you have less dicks and people that even say "please". It's like natural selection when you teach Priests to be like this.

RO is to this day the only videogame to do support/healers right.
In every other game I feel like a crippled baby who needs protection in order to fill a niche

In RO it made me feel like a powerful pimp who could healbomb monsters that were a big threat to others.
Also once you hit priest no downtime ever

How can a healslut say so much with a mouth so full of cock?

Bitch Priest be comfy yo.
Magnificat, heal everyone, buff everyone, Lex Aeterna left and right, heal bombing bitches, exorcism in Nameless killing MvPs alone, going Battle Priest and killing Shadow Morrocs with the tip of your dick.
Priests are way too good in this game, the only thing they can't do is kill MvPs that are not undead.
High Priests + Sniper = Proceed to kill everything and everyone in the entire game. Safety wall + Traps are way too good.

The point stands, you need the support to survive, the support doesn't need you. This is RO, not your typical shit MMO.
Get yer healslut meme elsewhere, it doesn't fit RO.

alright some posts in this thread mention grinding and no quests
What does that mean, "no quests"? No quests at all in the whole game?
How bad is the grind?

This game looks nice but after Black Desert I don't think I can stand another game with constant grind and no quests

Simple question - can you play as one class, but look like another?
For example I want to be ninja, but look like wizard, is that possible?

no.

There are a handful of quests in the game, but almost all of them are complex, unmarked, and/or don't give EXP. They exist, and are certainly useful, but they aren't going to be your themepark traintracks.
The game's built on its grind, its the meat of the game and it knows it, and there's so many ways to approach it that you can play for as long as we have and always have a new way to play.

Also, the pre-server-maintenance event was Smash porings and MVP Master-rings being spawned in Prontera. (I expect another event in an hour or so when its up, probably a novice one.)
I used this opportunity to make Uncle Adolf proud.

You're a pussy.
It has quests but the quests are not done for EXP, some are repeatable for EXP but some people told me in this server they dont have those.

So, the main quests and the only ones that people do are to open dungeons to, exactly, grind/farm.

RO has always been about exploring a big fuck ass world with fuckloads of options to choose from to level and farm. Then you would go in a party to do the same but in hard as fuck places that would be impossible or nearly impossible to solo.

Then you have MvP questslines that you have to repeat (and they are long as fuck) each time you want an encounter with the MvP, which means Boss.

Practically what you're going to do most of the time if we don't count the events and the "I need this specific item so Im going to this place" is just leveling, aggroing a lot of enemies at the same time and killing them with AoE till you're high level or max. Then when your character is max, you either farm to grab better equipment for it so you can farm items on better areas or kill MvPs with it (or go to parties with that one character).

However, the main attraction that RO had was not only the vast exploration and places to level to choose from: it was the PvP. The PvP in this game (WoE, War of Emperium) is absurdly the best PvP in all MMOs, there has been 0 MMO's that has even gotten close of how good the PvP in this game is and how much skill you need.

Black Desert is shit and you should be ashamed of trying any other MMO. RO has been always the pinnacle of the MMO's and it has not been surpassed yet, which is funny after so many years since it shouldn't be that fucking hard. After playing seven years of this game I cannot play it anymore because memories, all other MMOs I have tried has been complete shit.

The only thing you can change is whatever is on your head (hairstyle, cosmetics on the head which are mouth, face and hat) and the colours of the class costume.
As you can see, this way noone can hide what they are which is really important in PvP.

Are you for real nigger? For all garbage that BDO is, combat exp only coming from combat and not fucking quests is the single best thing in it.
People like you have killed MMO as a genre and turned it into goddamned errand boy simulator.

Where are you guys? server's up

This keeps happening to me and I can't afk vendor. Why?

sounds like you might need to run the patcher before you start the game.

If that doesn't fix it I'm not sure whats up.

Thanks

always launch through the patcher

Actually there is another notable kind of quest, class change quests.
1st job quests are really simple and range from "find this npc very far away" to "absolve this obstacle course".

For 2nd job it gets really interesting, quests and the tests involving them can get complicated and require some items that are very hard to get.
But holy shit, they feel so rewarding once you finish them.
More MMO need quests with npc nagging you and trying to teach you about the principles of your class

Let me explain, my problem with BDO wasn't the grind, there was other factors to it too.

First of all, no one ever wanted to group up to grind. The Holla Forums guild had the initial group get to 50 in under 2 or 3 days, and everyone else was left in the dust to do it on their own. I tried multiple times to get groups going and was able to get maybe 3 set up, but each time it was just silent people and would only last an hour

Second, the quests that were there had shit for rewards and loot didn't matter. You could, and were encouraged to, buy your max level armor off the auction house. There were no restrictions, so you would get some money at level 10, buy it, and then spend all your time adding crystals to it to make it stronger. No accessories, items with special effects, nothing. It was your base armor and costumes you had to buy. The quests themselves would just give you some points for your housing/slave system

Three, crafting sucked. It was fairly okay in depth, but you couldn't get most of the materials yourself, not even by farming. You had to work your housing/slave system to have them get stuff from nodes for you, and was nothing but waiting. Get 3 honey and some dough, make cookies, sit for an hour until your slave brought in 3 more, repeat.

So the grinding, while a bit boring at times, is not my real problem. A better question for me to have asked is how good the crafting system was. I'm okay with no real story or quests as long as I have something to do when I get tired of grinding for that moment.

heRO servers are down I see.

I was just on

Already up my man.

Servers east coast based. in Canada

seems ok to me.

ratemyserver.net/checkstatus.php?id=793&name=heRO

Lemme first say straight up. That shit won't fly in this guild. Priests are essential to any party. People have to respect priests as they have to deal with wrangling us all like professionals. At the same time, any priest that at a point just acts like a cocky son of a bitch, insults the group and or actively avoids them to solo is going to quickly learn how he is replaceable. I would rather have a mediocre priest who is friendly than some asshole who is slightly better.

Except when you want any good gear.

The game is about grinding. The quests in RO are fucking hidden around and often not even in plain sight. You have to actively look for the NPCs and interact with them. There are no click here to go forward. There is no overarching main story. All lore in game is done via studying the environment and the dialog of all quests. Which amount to actual fuck ton.
irowiki.org/wiki/Quests
They unlock new parts of the world and often some exist merely as side quests that can be done with rare materials.
For example there is the quest that requires some rare shit, but allows you to get rare swords that while novelty, actually have some uses and rare enough to have their own actual sprites.

I can agree. In RO the entire world is yours to explore. There is no limit to where you go maybe except quests gated by level you need to be start it. That's for your own safety usually anyway. RO is so different because there are so many spots to level and so many different ways.

Also I do agree on the PvP. Its unlike anything ever devised as its unbalanced as hell but fun as hell.

For example.
The wizard test requires you to gather elemental stones if you aren't job 50. Then requires you to answer a quiz that you have to score high on.
Then the final part is a combat test that if you didn't skill right for will completely fucking dunk you.
On ever portion enemies are aggressive, inflict status and you are timed to 3 minutes per room.

The sage test is a fucking book worth.
The others are long or contrived as hell too.

The only exception is the Knight test. Simple and straight forward like the swordsman test.
The knight test requires some easy items and just answering questions.

RO is different because end game items are often dropped by common newbie monsters. Meaning that new players would often see higher leveled players going about and farming. Meaning that communities interacted often. Its also a means of recruiting.

Quests in RO are different as they actually have meaning.

Crafting in RO is wonky. Firstly it requires specific builds and loads of gear, but holy fuck is it worth it.
Blacksmiths with the right gear and materials can create weapons of the 4 base elements. That firstly.
The rewards are fucking great.
Weapons created by a high ranked Blacksmith actually do MORE damage as well.

Alchemists require shit tons of mats for all their main skills. They are usually powerful in some form. Their potion making actually has a ranking system as well.
Any alchemist who is in the top 10 ranking for making potions has 50+ percent more potency for their potions. That is fucking HUGE overall for shit like slim white potions or blue potions.

Well I guess this expedition is going to be even shorter than usual since I can't even connect
Goodspeed to you Holla Forums, and hello darkness my old friend

A reminder, job changing before 50 is almost never acceptable.

Nigga its a really important shit and you get a lot of money here by doing so, although some craftings are niche.
Blacksmith / Whitesmith creates elemental weapons which are really good and needed for some classes while leveling.
Alchemists / Biochemists crafts homunculus (a pet for their class) and condensed potions which are really good too.

Nigga, I just teach a lesson to dicks, you would never have a problem with me unless you are being an asshole. Good priests are not replaceable
You can clearly tell a good priests from a decent one by Kms, they are gamechanging. Most people think they are just heal bots, they are not.

It is NEVEr acceptable, even useless skills that you may never use can have a use in specific situations. Always level your job to max.

Before rebirth, it doesn't matter as much.

If anyone needs my priest Hilda_, I'm levelling my merchant "Happy.Merchant" Just send me a msg if you want to party.

Daily Reminder

Alright, so crafting is pretty good then? Can any class craft or is it only merchants tree classes?
I'm thinking of going merchant turned alchemist, are there a lot of those in the guild yet? I'd rather not be a class that's not needed at all. What other classes are needed still?

Archers can craft Arrows, and Sages can craft Skill Scrolls (!!!) but that's about it in this version of the game except for Cooking which anyone can technically do but it's better for crafting builds to do it anyway. Assassin Crosses can craft Deadly Poison, but that's only useful for them because if anyone else drinks it they die instantly.

Would not recommend Alchemist as your first character, the 50 level slog to actually become an Alchemist and then levelling up and crafting the Embryo for your Homun and configuring the AI is so painful it will kill whatever joy you felt for the game. It is very cool once it's all done though, it just takes so much energy to get there compared to levelling up a Hunter and auto-winning at levelling + farming.

Merchant classes craft, theres also cooking which I've never done, so I'm unaware of the details. But it's useful since it gives temporary bonus stats.
We have a smith and I think another aspirant to that in the guild, our first Alchemist switched mains to hunter since it's hard for a first char.

Quads ^

Actually I think our alche switched to crusader instead. It was someone else that switched to hunter.

I'm the only alchemist and what said is true.

This is true. I plan on continuing my alchemist work. I enjoy making potions and shit, but I'm not going to be able to do it full time until get my homunculus level up.

As quads says:

It is not recommended to go Alch as the first class, its a clusterfuck. Homunculus are fucking hard and a pain in the ass, you should only go for them when you actually know about the game.

Ofcourse, you can go alch like a dumb fucker first time, but that will make you stop the game unless someone holds your hand about nearly everything till you have your fucking pet ready.

Blacksmith / Whitesmith all the way if you want to craft, they make the best profits while crafting anyways.
Going forward in time

If you are afraid of RNG, which is the highest success chance with a whitesmith, you can always ask for Clown/Gypsy to increase your DEX and LUK with Marionette, also a Priest with Gloria spam. You can, also, wear LUK equipment.
Meanwhile it is true that crafting won't make you a billionare unlike Star Gladiator farming Shadows Morroc, you will get quite the sum without risking your life on it.

Your name appears on the shit you craft and there's a Top 10 crafters on the server depending on how much shit you craft
Treat well your customers and even if they forget your name, the item will tell them

ratemyserver.net/quest_db.php?type=60000&qid=60026

trans quest.

How's the sequel?

Also, I haven't quit. Just got distracted like I always do in every rpg. I like bombing people with potions and I like crafting. Also, plants. So I'm not done with alchemy by any means. I'm not going to switch my main because I don't want to flip flop too much.

ratemyserver.net/index.php?page=misc_db_list

also, everything you might want to know

What sequel? Ragnarok has no real sequel. They launched two different ragnarok 2 and failed both times, for the same reasons.
ToS was everyones hopes of being a spiritual successor to RO, but it failed too.

Yea there's a save girl and tool shop at the monk city now, they sell berserk pots and ygg leafs, p good

there's new kafra model and she a cute

alright, i should plan on getting Ragnarok then.

How much are hatter cards going for? I've got 3 of them but I don't want to feed them to the jewish tailor for a chance at getting an ok hat when I've got the fuccboi beanie to use for the next 35 levels anyway.

I didn't even try HappyMerchant because i wanted a space in between the words.

Good thing,
Walking back and forth to that place was horrible, even with agi up.

You guys have convinced me to have more conviction. Homunculus leveling is going well. I'm a hoarder too, so I just can't live without my push cart.

Just be glad you got the cute version of the amazing slime instead of the useless loli whore.

Hatters are always fairly sold for 300k.. However I did see some one offering to buy at 400k this morning. perhaps he was feeling generous.

Anyways, be sure its a hatter card before you decide to sell it.

That's the one I was going for. The build I'm using pretty much guaranteed it.

Also, I wanted the other slime.

there are ways to set up so that you get a particular homunculus?

Yeah people discovered that particular stat builds influence the rng of what homun you'll get.

So which class is typically played?

All the first 6 classes I posted after novice at the start of the thread are generally seen as the typically played classes.

All the others after are a bit gimmicky and can be hard to do at first. So just look at those 6 and consider what you think to be a good fit for your self.

Oh alright, I've been debating whether to go thief or swordsman. Too bad there isn't a rapier wielding class. Thief seems neat though

Thief is a great class to start on as its fairly cheap and you can nab extra items off your enemies by stealing from them at the start of the fight.

Also while I have you here, how the hell do I change the screen settings on the game? I set it as windowed and now I cant see the chat box and its generally very small. I should have just set it to full screen

It's in the folder you downloaded, called setup. While you're at that, enable the BGM too since it's off at default.

Very fun indeed

SinX?
How about using, that nice TOOTH skill and shit underground nigga?

he's probably a lv30 thief

I'm kinda lost with Flee numbers after so many years.

Shhh… there's no such thing as sequel to RO.

Honestly though, if the sequel can't even get the attention of Malaysia and Singapore, there is no way in Hel that it will do well in Freedomland.

Libertas

What is mammonite.

I'll go ahead and assume that you're not playing with everyone in a brand new account on a low pop. server with no +10 2-1-1 Axe for sale. or Endows, or Alice Hat, or Earth Deleter, or Iron Wrists

Too much dex, too much Vit.
Go all the way AGI STR fagget, also you're using shit items.
Pantie + Undershirt at least if you're poor nigga.

Grab that sweet sweet Blacksmith ass and farm those HP items from Moscovia 1. After getting some leaves, you can go New World quest and hunt pinguiculas while dodging Vespas like a true nigger.

If you dont wanna do neither Moscovia neither New World, well, be a fagget killing Pasanas trying to grab the card to sell it to people that go to Thor.

You can level up a shitty magician to get a Sage to craft scrolls and farm Marionettes to get her shitty hat that will help you more or less. There's no way you'll get into Abyss Dungeon at your level.

Sorry about that lads, power went out around my area. Just forget looking for me.

Don't be talking like that. You still in Morroc?

I can't kill pasanas in a sustainable way even with water converters, 28+12 is the default dex for pvm BS, having even 99 agi wouldn't let me flee anything that you'd want to farm at level 89 which is when I'd have that by going full agi, there are no undershirts for sale, if there were any they'd be for around 1kk~ which I don't have, pinguiculas would murder me even while spamming fish, a marionette doll hat is much worse than what I have available including the buddy beanie.
I appreciate your try at helping, but there's nothing about playing as blacksmith/whitesmith that I don't already know and haven't already done on kRO. I'm not really looking for solutions (because I know for a fact that there aren't any), just venting that I'm locked out of the game.

Iron Wrists are 50k, go buy one.

Here's the thing: with two Iron Wrists, I'd need 3 mammo's to kill one HO (with converter)
You can't do it without Orc Lady Skel Worker weapons, lad

We are going to find you. You will join us and you will have !!FUN!!

NO NOT THIS SHIT AGAIN

DONT MAKE ME INSTALL YOU NIGGERS

AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I can give you an undershirt, I have one lying around.

YOU HAVE TO OBEY YOUR DUBS!!!

Technically yes, but powers out and I don't know how long till it comes back on. I'm posting from my phone right now.

BOOM, server is fucking down right before the event

nvm, my connection just went down

Farm the panties and undershirt you nigger.

I'd personally go for 18+12 Dex since you wont usually go for many enemies that will dodge you, I never said about 99 Agi, but yes to reach 80~ to get a better ASPD with way more STR.
Vit is not needed since you'll spam healing items anyways, seriously, try Moscovia 1 and kill those titty fairies, even if they give you shit EXP they're easy and give you nice healing items that you can stack for a better area (also Iron Wrists).
In fact, I always leveled my blacksmiths right there and then I would send them to Mavkas till nearly 99/70 with maximum jew autism.

The objective, in my opinion, with the blacksmith is not about leveling fast, it's about making money WHILE leveling. Then spend that money improving the character or another one, also reset to get the 4 elemental axes at +4 at least my man

Does this server have that shitty PvP thingy? I dont remember the name, that one arena that was weird as fuck with exclusive items. Cause the Blacksmith can reach 190ASPD with the tip of his dick there.

Battlegrounds? Yeah but no one ever joins so I think it's basically impossible to get points. My dex was at 18 as a merchant but I leveled at leaf cats too much, I had to raise it up. My hit now is 130 which lets me hit kahos, blazes and stuff at 100% almost exactly. I can't go to Moscovia because no one sells the quest items and I can't kill a bunch of the mobs needed.

alright I've decided to go Schlomo class and then go blacksmith
Any tips on what stats to get and gear to look for?

ayyyyyylmao

Grab some agi
Smack shit with hammer
Horde fucking everything.

ragnarokchampion.blogspot.ca/2011/01/ragnarok-whitesmith-guide.html

WE /party/ NOW

solo first job master race
oh god how do i level faster

wew I should have made a real class to play with you guys, maybe when you all reborn and catch me again I can join

go somewhere else

Don't tell me it's already time for stings

We fun bois now.

Go to alberta, find the cat at the docs and go to neko island. great place to level early on.

Go kill Geographers in ein_field04

you could try out isis with silver arrows, gonna need to kite though
or just search rate my server for good mobs, i was doing the same earlier for my lv45 archer but there are so many options

oh yeah theres also peach trees in gonryun

Rolo here, I can't get back in.
Is server kill?

We're back.

how do i get to einbroch again

we're on

Do gunslingers have ANY use? They seem cool as fuck, and I've had a burning urge to use them.

Can I get some details on Soul Linker too?

Just like the Dragon Ball MMO. I so wanted to play that when I heard of it.

Take the domestic airship from Juno. If you haven't unlocked Juno's warp, you can Kafra warp there from Aldebaren.

They are a fun class to play, pretty sprite too. But you can't expect to be at the same power level of a Sniper who is a transclass and has arrows of every element readily available and Double Strafe.

I don't know much about Linkers but I've seen their Esma/Eske/whatever spells and it's insane strong.

What do you think are the best skills for a super novice?

I can understand that. But I like playing underplayed classes. Is alchemist any good?

Depends if you're doing a mage or melee SA. For melee double attack/improve dodge/improve concentration, for mages you should have your bolts/bless/improve conc./owl's eye

Alchemist is crazy good, specially creator. By all means, if you want to, try playing Gunslinger for a while, it's a fun class. You can just make another character whenever so it's fine.

don't make a gunslinger as first character, it needs a lot of funding.

Hope everyone had fun partying. Its time to eat and sleep. Good job at Majos and Ice dungeon. Lets party hard tomorrow sometime okay?

Any time, Loremaster.

That was a ride

I'm okay with waiting for stragglers once i hit 99

Alright then.

What makes them good exactly? Don't they just make shit?

That third pic hit home real hard, man

they throw acid bomb on shit and it does more damage the more vit the target has. top dps against anything that isn't a ghost type

They get a pet that is basically stronger than them and carries them to 99.

When they transcend they get a very expensive but very powerful damaging skill called Acid Bomb that deals damage based on the user's INT and the target's VIT, against high VIT targets it can deal quite a lot and can be spammed as long as the Biochemist has the required items. With 120 INT against a target with 60 VIT Acid Bomb deals about 33k damage per use. This by no means makes them the highest DPS class (Whitesmiths, EDP SinXs, and properly built G-Fist Champs are all higher), but they're still really good, just expensive.

Once they transcend they can also become very effective AoE heal-nukers with Slim Potion Pitching, and when Soul Linked they become far more effective at single target healing than several High Priests would be combined.

Ok, I did not think the smithing class would be a top dps honestly.

And Alchemist is sounding pretty good.

Today's party was fun as hell.
Askardt is a fucking loremaster.

They're actually the highest melee dps class, but they are also kinda expensive (not as expensive as Biochemists though).

As many other people have said in this thread though, do NOT go Alchemist if it's your first character. Your first character is the hardest since you have no resources to support you, no money to buy potions, no gear to hand down from your higher level characters. Alchemists take a lot of time to level up to the point where they get their pet, and they require a lot of money for materials and potion manuals. So if it's your first class, do NOT go Alchemist unless you are really really really sure.

Might have to be shekelsmith then. Anything I should know?

Merchants in general are a long road. But you should focus on Strength and Vitality, with some dex and a bit of agi mixed in.

Watching this faggot's Whitesmith guide will give you some more insight, just focus on some of the more general Blacksmithy things he talks about, and less on the "you need an ice pick to do this" sorta stuff.

Snipe shit from cliffs/short walls. Eagle eye maxed out, hit shit beyond its detection range. I used to play with a CRT in 2003 JUST so I could change to some crazy-ass widescreen resolution to get max range.

It was a blast, got like 20 levels in these runs. To think it all started with wanting to genocide Siromas, shit escalated a quite a bit.

FUCK i missed the party!!! what level are everyone already?

We are all at least who participated in the party 80s/90s now. We were goin for a long time, felt like 4-5 hours of non-stop turbo partying. God bless Hilda.

Please refrain from thanking healsluts, you'll spoil them

I do what I want!

the priest is not the slut, the party are their sluts

Alright, I gave a few more attempts at making something to fit as a flag for our cybercriminal organization.

It's good but the infinity symbol is kinda hard to see on the original res. , that alone makes the previous draft seem better by comparison.

OP here posting from my new computer so ID will probably be different.

Anyways, about the guild emblem, what do you guys think about Holla Forums's spoiler symbol?

I kind of like the first bit of the emblem without the infinity symbol. not to say I don't like the infinity symbol, just I like the texture and color of that. perhaps instead of yellow another color that might jump out more? that aside, not a bad submission.

I like it.

The sanic monitor with an infinity symbol? Mitebcoo'

Talking about this?
Cool idea, with an infinity simbol in the middle it might be good.

That's actually porn, you absolute madman

Are we doing it? Is it porn:30?

Yeah that's the one. I'm not sure how well it'll translate to 24x24, but might be cool. ? or infinity, ether I think would work.

Which client do I get from RMS for heRO?
More specifically, which out of these?

ratemyserver.net/index.php?page=download_kROLinks

SAUCE

Any from 04-16-2016

There's a download page on the HeRO website with a full installer.

Thanks fam.

rathena.org/board/topic/102572-kro-full-client-last-update-06152016/

When I had a halfchan guild long fucking ago I used pic related myself.
You can, maybe, put his face red, remove the "no picture available" and put the background as the pink that is transparent on RO.

Just an idea.

So I can be a legendary smith and have people running around in badass gear with my name on it? Sold. That's the only thing I want from an MMO: to be a smith.

phreeoni

Sograt Desert
+ 1x / 120~130 min

Only weapons, and most of the time, elemental weapons.

Those are not used by tryharding end game people, but they are used for leveling to reach max level. Some maxed people STILL uses these weapons till they don't have the "optimum" weapons and the likes.

The weapons that are sold the most, in most cases, are Two handed swords and Two handed axes for Knights and Smiths.

If people trust you, which is really hard, you can open an "upgrade shop" when you're a whitesmith so people have more chances to get their item at a better upgrade than going to an NPC and then charge for it. However it is risky because people dont know if you are upgrading their weapon or another one, they only see "success" or "failure" on top of your head which can go into maximum jew of you destroying shit items and telling them "sorry, it broke, RNG's a bitch" and keep the item. However, that's such a dick move that if it happens more than once people wont ever come to you for that kind of stuff.

Nah, don't want them to confuse us with halfchanners. Don't want them to know we are from 8ch either.

Then why use 8ch logo mate?

This too.

It's an infinity symbol.

So is it or is it not viable for me to be a smith and do literally nothing else? This is pretty much the only thing I'm interested in.

I'd be down for pic related as our guild icon, normalfags are unaware anyways

Well you'll also have to level up to get the skills and stats necessary to forge, but after that you could just chill in town while forging stuff or selling

I like it.
I do think the Infinity Symbol should be diagonal across the middle. Also, use the pink color or whatever so we have just the infinity symbol floating in the middle.

Elemental weapons that can be handed out to leveling guild members for people just trying to farm would be great.
It takes a large amount of work to make weapons and the supply of people with these weapons is large. You would have to sell at a loss if not completely free. I could definitely see a system where people bring you the materials and you attempt to make weapons for them.
Problem is that its alot of materials and you need to be 99/70 for maximum weapon making.

no thanks, i'd rather play no vidya

If you want to explore all the world and shit, no.

I would recommend having at least three characters. Smiths are great indeed, but they lack ANY kind of AoE and ANY kind of ranged attack even if they have the BEST singletarget DPS in the entire game.

And as said:

You need to level your character to actually be able to craft shit, you can craft with low LUK and DEX but you'll fail more than succeed. No point in doing it. And as I said, smithing is for people that are leveling, in a low populated server it is easy to make a name of yourself while crafting but the income will be low as fuck since noone will buy your shit due to low population.

Blacksmith/Whitesmiths are one of my favourite classes, they are damn strong but their weakness are big as well. They are loners and don't fit parties with the exception of some places where people will ask you 24/7 to repair their equipment and your job would be just that, stay behind and repairing while people do everything (and that if they are going to places like the Tower where repairing is needed, most of the time you wont be needed).

Since they are loners and have big weaknesses their options to level up are quite low and thus you will be stuck in a grind/farm hell where, instead of thinking of leveling, you should be thinking of gathering items to make money for another character that has more chances to explore the entire world and dungeons.

Whitesmiths are a beast in PvP, but if you dont care about PvP you have little to do with them when they are maxed, just crafting and maybe farm some strange areas they spend money on their skills even

And there you have it, low population problems.

So it's basically unviable as far as actually making things. Guess I'll pass on the game then, unfortunately.

Fuck it I'm going back in. What are we lacking in the guild; tank, dps or healerslut? Has base monk been changed at all? Are there stat/skill resets? Can I level as combo first and respect into spirit? Should I just not bother with spirit monk until I ascend into champion? Can I keep asking to be spoonfed?

Just installed.
Missed playing this way back in highschool.
Hope I get to meet you guys to play with some time

It's not unviable by no means.
Highest DPS single target in the entire game means a fuckton you know?
His damage and speed is atonishing, he's great, but again, he has a lot of weaknesses to balance that out.

It is better to have two or three characters and you will enjoy without a doubt the game more man. You can have Whitesmith as your main and a secondary that can go in parties or at least farm places where Smith can't like, Priest, Wizard, Hunter, Bard…

Sorry friendo. If you wanted to create shit that was used at all levels, then you would need an alchemist. Their potions are always wanted and always needed. Weapons from a blacksmith are like at max one a character, and potions from an alchemist are used by the thousands in a single WoE battle.

We need heal sluts and bragisluts. Yes there is a stat/skill reset. You can, but it would cost zeny and a few harder to farm items. Yes you can keep asking.

Post your IGN here and we should get you in guild.

I don't want to fight, I want to be a blacksmith.

Yeah, potion making isn't my jam, but I guess I'll have to keep up my search for the game that lets me be a true smith.

Thats a lie, in a populated server as a smith I got many people asking me always for 4 weapons, all elements every single time.

In a low rates people want to have all elements and if they get bored of grinding X place they can swap with that.

I made mad dosh as a smith with just Axes, and Two handed swords with the occasional combo Monk fists. But, again, the server had 800 people of average and nearly two thousands at WoE.

You are forced to fight to have better stats to be a smith mate.

I have a few questions.

Does heRO have stat and skill resets?
I'd like to try out some builds if possible.. It's been awhile, and would also like to mix and match items and cards.

Neoplasm is my IGN, level 9.

Competitive blacksmith aint easy.

Its not a lie here. This a relatively low population server. Coupled with it being 10+ years old ontop of only the guild needing weapons and maybe a few others, this customer base would be very small and I don't him to get his hopes up.

Yes. Stat/skill resets do get expensive, meet me in prontera.

How many new people signed up and still play since this thread started?

We have about half the guild on at a time total. Hard numbers wise that ranges from 10-18 people on at once in the evenings. Besides WoE time, we are probably the largest active guild right now.

@all ASURA STRIKE!
/meh :3 :3

Alright so if everyone and their mother wants to be a smith and smiths aren't that useful, I guess I'll go alchemist. Is it really that much harder?
I need some crafting in order to break up the grind and farming, and I fucking hate leveling up extra characters, because I hate seeing/doing the same content more than once in any game
If you don't think I should go alchemist then what would you recommend?

We have acquired snek for !!/science/!! purposes.

Yes it is.
It requires several hundred thousand zeny as a start up just for the books. Then more for the materials starting for an alchi aren't cheap. The pay offs are worth it though. You wont be able to craft in the amounts needed though until end game with a decent amount of gear boosting your stats

Nigger, this is RO, you have so many options that you wont do the same shit once. It's just that certain areas are optimized with certain classes and sometimes those areas are the same, example of Mermans for Knights and Smiths.

Make three characters, you won't regret it.
Also, yes Alchemist is the H A R D E S T fucking class to GET INTO, later he's one of the easiest. Priest is easy to get into but he's the hardest to play.

Well then game.

Sometimes the game chooses for you.

What the fuck is this gender-locking bullshit?

Do I have to make a new account to make a dancer?

Yes, the gender goes into your account, not into your characters. It was a bad decision but oh well.

Dancers are inferior to Bards anyways party utility wise.

Maybe I will try the bard then.

Are you guys in need of either of these classes? I see there are some skills that need both of them to use.

Bards are always welcome, also nice dubs

This is a Korean game and its a holdover from that. See if I recall correctly, in feminist Korea, its illegal to lie about your gender online.

Dancers may be "inferior" but they do give unlimited SP and with link can be a bard just as fine.

Yes, active bards are always wanted.

Dancer only utility is for Champions spamming asura with Kiss, that's all.

Bard's Bragi is way too good to compare it, its not even fair, it removes cooldown/delay and speeds cast speed.

I wish I had a general idea about stats though for a merchant going blacksmith.

mainly str and agi with some dex for hitting things, and some vit for survavibility (or not)

Agi and Str. Some on DEX like 18.

You can skip VIT like a man since you're going to suck HP items anyways en exhange for more attackspeed/dodge or more damage,

Making an autocast sage, invite please?
IGN : Mareanys
Also, what is the servers ruling on dualboxing?

irowiki.org/wiki/Rachel_Sanctuary_Quest

do it if you're 80+.Bear in mind that it's not as easy as siromas tho.

no dualing

Try getting a dokebi for the opposite effect
endlessroforums.forum-pro.org/t11-info-secret-pet-skills-and-bonuses

Mate, I know. If it hasn't occurred to you, I prefer style over substance in this case. I will get a Zherlthsh pet before I'm done.
Its pretty hard to beat snek tits.

The fuck was that pet

A rare pet.
ratemyserver.net/index.php?page=mob_db&mob_id=1200

It's just the fucking Zealotus. I've never seen someone using her other name which is shit

Have fun with the red candles.

by the way, pets only give bonuses when they reach high loyalty
irowiki.org/wiki/Pet_System

Damn, I miss having a Loli Ruri on my Taek Rank.

I thought they removed all of the pet bonuses on this server?

Not wanting the Real QT pet

ratemyserver.net/index.php?mob_name=Bacsojin &page=mob_db&f=1&mob_search=Search

Is it even worth unlocking True Poring Isle at level 69 or should I just farm the item needed for Happy Merchant alt?

Huh, thats not the image I posted.

if you would, goin' to moc_dun would be better, otherwise, if you're a ranged/mage class, go kill sum' siromas.

Why? you must be asking.

Very simple: element. at mosc_dun you'll use fire, at siromas, wind.

I wish to switch from agi monk to MvP Champ once I rebirth, that means going the Asura tree, but can they help with dungeon stuff too? I'm under the impression that they can grind along with parties too instead of just limited to asura.

With my build I'd have 13 leftovers.

Steel body tank for high level parties.

I admit it has its uses during the DB room and in a few cases it worked, but most of the time the Knights/Saders get the aggro with Provoke while I'm left slow and retarded, can't heal, can't buff can't deal damage. I ended up finding Blade Stop much more useful to shave off big guys' numbers and in parties with fewer people.

that's against weak monsters.

against necros, for example, we need a steel body monk.

I intend to apply to the guild but I want to know if you guys are going to be ok with an aco/priest who might not be entirely familiar with being a dedicated healer? I've played acolyte before but I always went monk and it's been a long time since I've last played.

no problem my man, it's better than a tsundere birdbrain.

No one's gonna treat you like shit for making mistakes. We'll probably comment on how to improve or give you ideas of how to do some of your builds, but we're all in this to help each other get better. Never feel like you cant ask for help, we need more Priests on this guild.

Time to kill some fuckin' Goats.

They really did make this quest annoying just to access a low-level grinding area / high-level farming area.

It was probably the coolest thing at the time when it first came out.

the thing that bugs me is that none of the mob (that I know of) in moscovia drop cards.

Do the ayothaya dungeon unlock quest, it's more fun and less mat gathering. You navigate a maze and find switches instead.

Could I get a guild invite? My main is Minhwu.

Oh, the shitter!

fug, blease stob

On the plus side, my ASPD is so high that I can Auto Counter tank several Goats at a time even when they use Adrenalin Rush.

Character name is Dindu Nuffin if invites are being sent :^)

wow the vietnamese are actually funny

Kinda bored of lurking and soloing now. If you guys want an aspiring Knight to lure for you, invite my main Sir Yorgh.

I finished the hat quest, thank you everyone that helped me with it. Got a Santa Poring Hat[1]!

Yo Lokrav here, just wanted to tell you guys that im leaving on a family trip for the week so i wont be able to play since the little free moments ill have will be filled with work.
just so you know if i appear inactive during this week. Love every single one of you fuccbois.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll keep it in mind.

Look forward to your return.

pandoraonline.net/heRO_wiki/index.php?title=Item_of_the_Day

Something that might be useful for you fags nearing 99. Probably better than genociding Siromas all day.

CARD HYPE

Very cool find. I never knew this in all my time on the server.

someone help i'm not going to flywing through that hell again

NEW THREAD