WURM UNLIMITED:LAVA IS FOR GAYS EDITION

WURM UNLIMITED THREAD

Holla Forums SERVER

Britfag's Texas PVP server:

Kingdoms: Mol Rehan (AUTISM AND PVE+PVP) / Horde of the summoned (EDGY NOMAD LIFE AND PVE+PVP DICKWAVING) / John Kellogs (ASKING HOW TO JOIN MOL REHAN)

6x Action Speed / 3x Skill Gain

IP 216.245.223.162:3724

DOWNLOAD

Client: mega.nz/#!CFhzyTwA!9iODdZa5ICE1k9xsnZ7q8oMlzoUCHGz87StMlVkOEas

Torrent Hash: 700bbcc83d0abdda15c072c7d53779becc9ffec6

UPDATING/REINSTALLING

BACK UP YOUR PLAYERFILES AND SMARTSTEAMEMU FOLDERS, YOU WILL LOSE YOUR CHARACTER IF YOU DON'T

REMOVING THE CHAT FILTER

EDIT GAMESETTINGS.TXT IN "Wurm Unlimited\WurmLauncher\PlayerFiles\configs\default", CHANGE "censor_chat=true" TO "censor_chat=false".

MODS (WORK ON BOTH, EXTRACT IN GAME FOLDER)

wurmian.cloudapp.net/mods/client-mods/

'I'M NEW'

ASK AROUND FOR HELP IN KINGDOM CHAT/FOLLOW SOMEONE THAT'S NOT AN ENEMY, OR READ THE OUTDATED WIKI THAT'S FOR WURM ONLINE, NOT UNLIMITED wurmpedia.com/index.php/Main_Page

HOW TO BLOCK THE IRC NAMED #WRC

ADD IT'S IP (FOUND IN SERVER'S CHAT TAB) TO HOSTS FILE

LAST TIME ON WURM UNLIMITED

BADMIN TURNED OUT TO BE AN Holla Forums FAG, RICHFAG IS SETTING UP A NEW SERVER ON ACCOUNT OF WHOEVER IS HOSTING THIS ONE IS FUCKING SHIT, AND THE LAVA FUCKED EVERYONE'S SHIT UP.

THE NEXT SERVER IS CONFIRMED TO BE MAINLY PVE WITH A PVP AREA

Other urls found in this thread:

wurmpedia.com/index.php/Animals
forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/142401-wu-datamining/
i.imgur.com/ZPMhbiQ.png
i.imgur.com/lE0iAw6.png
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/178658416/wurm classes/mods.zip
youtube.com/watch?v=OkGgdIBX1to
mega.nz/#!5ZxDmZIR!oTxP7GUCMnpfYYRGBxv93N_6jU6O6myewnTGU-XsZ1A
mega.nz/#!ZVBwETzY!ql2sTtLA9m9wPdtEuJNYxFEUiBDXrNLKoPqGgHEqp4E
mega.nz/#!MRZBkTZZ!tCCeiq068o-pNfUjy7qhpTUDW8msT7mhjKZ5AIQlvk0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bow_drill
wurmpedia.com/index.php/Multi_Server_(Wurm_Unlimited)#Server_Neighbors
steamcommunity.com/app/366220/discussions/0/483368526584627813/
citadelservers.com/client/knowledgebase/151/Clustered-multiple-Wurm-servers.html#collapseThree
youtube.com/watch?v=_q6chUtSef4
epochconverter.com/
steamcommunity.com/app/366220/discussions/0/483368526574215099/
hollaforums.com/thread/10053803/video-games/wurm-unlimited-lava-is-for-gays-edition.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why did people freak out over pvp?

Why complain about being killed by another player while botting or afk when it could have just as easily been a troll or some shit?

Is it that hard to build a wall? Is it that hard to train on a training dummy for an hour so you're not dead weight if something goes down? The problem wasn't with fightskill being too easy to grind, it was with you being too lazy to grind it, or build a proper wall and work together as a group to make anyone who tries to break it fuck off

Did anyone actually complain about dying while afk/botting/macroing?

I remember the complaints being 'pvp is shit' and not much else. Hell we had more deaths to random pve enemies walking in than we did to pvp by a long shot. I think we even had a couple of people drown. Dying was certainly not an issue no matter the cause.

Someone in alliance or GL-MR chat did like an hour ago

My log goes back over an hour, I guess I just missed it but I'll take your word for it.

Haven't been on for about a month now, has everyone moved over to the Holla Forums server?

Because people only really had to get into one, maybe two fights to see that all it was was stunlocking and running away from guards. You could say 'but muh arrow towers!' and make a reasonable argument, but you'd rather blame shit on a non-existant boogeyman.

Also having full-pvp servers means people constantly have to look out for spies because 'LOL I TROL U :^)' which is bad for the existing players because it makes them paranoid, and bad for new players because they have to deal with the resulting paranoia. You can't have pvp and large towns, it's just made to drive a wedge between people
Also, anybody that wants pvp either hasn't tried it or is looking to use the 50 exploits (like stunlocking) to beat everyone regardless of skill.

How shit is Wurm with ping? I have about 5 friends including myself that want to join but if 120ms will make us suffer then fug dat

With pvp? Fairly horrible but that's just pvp in general. Without pvp? latency has absolutely no impact on gameplay.

a 3-5 second stun with a 15 second cooldown isn't stunlocking

especially when you can still move while stunned

So what even happened with the lava and shit? I haven't played for a month.

Badmin became Worsemin.

Do like the original WO setup - higher grade ores in the PVP area.

Lava ate all the coast in the entire map. It was slow and inevitable Armageddon.

You mean badmin on WRC server?

No on the Holla Forums server. Someone set it up a while ago when WRC was having trouble and a lot of people migrated there. Then a few days ago the admin lost his mind and decided to cover the coasts in lava.

But why?

Well I mean PVP seems to be a decent part of the game so I guess we are fucked. Thanks user.

Naw it's the shittiest part. And I think there were maybe a dozen fights in all the time the server has run.

This game is 95% about building a comfy house next to a lake and roasting fish. The other 5% is combat, and half of that is pvp. The new server supposedly has pvp limited to a single area.

who the fuck knows why
he got tired of playing, he got tired of being admin and though "hey, fuck this shit, let's go out with a bang" in a pathetic attempt of gaining attention like a fucking faggot

epic meem trolling

I'm starting to get the impression that a lot of people really had no idea what they were getting into when they asked for a PvP server. (I used play on a PvP realm, so I was okay with it, but I can see a lot of people don't really like it all that much, which is perfectly understandable.)

Look up almost any PvP video on Wurm. You will notice the same pattern. One side with either better gear or superior numbers or both will ride up and attack another side currently in the middle of doing something else. What happens next is the other side trying to evacuate the area with as little casualties as possible.

This is because in Wurm the result of PvP is a foregone conclusion. It's simply the nature of the beast. It's not like other MMOs where both sides potentially have a fighting chance. Assuming both sides are playing effectively and rationally, it is attacking side vs fleeing side, where the goals of the attacking side are fairly obvious while the fleeing side needs to either leave immediately or rally enough numbers of fighters from the kingdom that they become the attacking side.

On the subject of shield-bashing, either deal with it or switch to PvE. It's that simple and no one's going to fault you for switching to PvE.

Aussie here, 500+ ping constantly, Fucking get on my level, the game is loading bars online, get fucking gud

I know what you're saying but it's not even an option. Even if you wall yourself off there are still spastics out there that will actually spy and connive regardless of what you do. Furthermore the poll that we used to vote on this server type had something like 80 votes, which is far FAR more votes than there were players.

The entire affair was a mess and ultimately nobody ended up happy because of it. In saying that however, Holla Forums will bitch no matter what happens, myself included, so it's par for the course at this point and really not something to get worked up about either way.

Im in straya too and dont lag at all.

remember the pve mod I am proposing? what if we made that but it would only be effective for the top right 1/4 of the map? of course, AreaQL would not work at all, but that way…

actually forget it, my mod would require no one to play on hots.

I will still develop it, but I doubt we are going to use it now that it came to this.

At least the no-epic-curve and fog-spiders-hate-everything can still be used

**fog spiders hate everything exists so that the admin can put down spawners like that skeleton 'event' that the badmin made, the issue is that as long as there are maxbeasts alive, no new ones will spawn, and the fog spiders are there to constantly kill far away monsters so that the spawners can do it's job, I could make them age super fast, so that they eventually die, that way we will also not have one fog spider every 10 steps like it is currently)

I like the sound of that, how about tthat lava spread switch?

Do you even play the game or do you come here to shitpost?

Karoon my main mongol, if you are still reading these threads I require you to log on to WRC and put your pendulum in the storage house somewhere
I want to build a well

I also need access to your wemp farms.

>I like the sound of that
which that?
Man, that shit is super complex, and reading decompiled code is hard as fuck.

It might be easier for you to try to change all lava tiles to rock tiles via DB.

Stopping it from flowing will probably not happen, I will check if I can make a mod that gives you a command to changes all lava tiles to rock tiles though (but that will have to wait about 11 hours

And yes, path of power make lava thingy IS indeed super OP

also, lava break buildings, but it's easy to change it's flow by just making the other tile height be higher

It has so many limitations for a reason (Magranon domain, friendly deed, path of power level 7, cooldown, WO's "flow" is slower). At that point it becomes an ability you use for "decoration".

Why not just give everyone that faith ability which lets you walk on lava then remove it on the new map

I might have found it, send me the com.wurmonline.server.zones.TilePoller class that we are using right now.
I want to see if it was changed somehow

if ((Tiles.decodeHeight(tile) > 0) && (pollingSurface))
lava shouldn't flow below 0 height

also, just stopping the flow won't solve the problem, we have to force freeze everything

I haven o idea what you're talking about, i haven't even got a decompiler

open server.jar as if it were a zip file, inside you will see a lot of folders, navigate to server.jar\com\wurmonline\server\zones\ and extract the TilePoller.class file, upload it somewhere and post the link.
no need to decompile anything

also, check the mods folder to see if badmin didn't put anything there

m8 just because you want to play Powerpoint Wurm doesn't mean I want to

there is almost nothing that requires realtime input in this game
you are not at a disadvantage for having a high ping

Server down?

they're just mad I beat them in a 1v3 even though they outclassed me in terms gear AND numbers

Here

Also, can someone find a teir list of monster difficulty, or a veteran can make their own

Imblying low ping means low fps

rip server

Do you want me to bully you again with my 12 FS and tactical superiority?

There's a table on the wiki: wurmpedia.com/index.php/Animals

No idea how accurate or comprehensive it is though.

All hail the FUCKING LEGENDARY HOSTS

It's like we're carrying the curse of Ivan, never to be free.

Okay server is back online from hosts side, i'm getting a network error, anyone else having this issue?

Submit a ticket if you lost progress, include your x/y position and I'll come fix your knarr

forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/142401-wu-datamining/
i.imgur.com/ZPMhbiQ.png
i.imgur.com/lE0iAw6.png

Total combat rating is what you want to look at.

For instance, spirit animals (gorilla, hyena, boar, anaconda) have 14 while the Avatars of Vyn/Mag have 96 and Lib/Fo 86.

did you search specifially for "Wurm server hosts" to find this shit?

Worse, I clicked on an "Officially supported" link… ugh.. Just chalk it up to the fuckups tally

that weapon information is all wrong
it's like they never read the code

weapon damage is decided by type
float base = 6.0F;if (weapon.isWeaponSword()){ base = 24.0F;}else if (weapon.isWeaponAxe()) { base = 30.0F;} else if (weapon.isWeaponPierce()) { base = 12.0F;} else if (weapon.isWeaponSlash()) { base = 18.0F;} else if (weapon.isWeaponCrush()) { base = 36.0F;} else if ((weapon.isBodyPart()) && (weapon.getAuxData() == 100)){ base = 6.0F;}if (weapon.isWood()) { base *= 0.1F;} else if (weapon.isTool()) { base *= 0.3F;}base = (float)(base * (1.0D + attStrength.getKnowledge(0.0D) / 100.0D));float randomizer = (50.0F + Server.rand.nextFloat() * 50.0F) / 100.0F;return base + randomizer * base * 4.0F * (weapon.getQualityLevel() * weapon.getDamagePercent()) / 10000.0D;
specific weapon damage is a percentage of above numbers
steel spears (pierce) = 90% of 12 = 10,8
huge axes (axe) = 60% of 30 = 18

then you add in your str (20 str = 20% extra damage)

then you make a randomizer variable which values 0 to 0.5 (random each attack)

the final damage is base + (randomizer * 4 times your base * quality * damage)
meaning that quality only increases the upper bound of the weapon damage. A 0QL huge axe will deal always 1 base damage, and a 100QL huge axe will deal from 1 to 5 base damage if undamaged

Worse yet is the attack speed chart, it does not even fucking take into consideration the weapon weight

int speed = 10;int timeMod = 2; //normal stanceif (performer.getFightStyle() == 2) { //defensive stance timeMod = 4;} else if (performer.getFightStyle() == 1) //offensive stance timeMod = 0;if ((primWeapon.isBodyPart()) && (primWeapon.getAuxData() != 100)) { speed = (int)performer.getBodyWeaponSpeed(primWeapon); //players are 4 if I am not mistaken} else if ((primWeapon.isWeaponPierce()) || (primWeapon.isWeaponKnife())) { speed = primWeapon.getWeightGrams() / 1000 + 1 + timeMod; //spears and short swords, carving knives} else if ((primWeapon.isWeaponSlash()) || (primWeapon.isWeaponSword()) || (primWeapon.isWeaponAxe())) { speed = primWeapon.getWeightGrams() / 1000 + 3 + timeMod; //swords and axes} else if (primWeapon.isWeaponCrush()) { speed = primWeapon.getWeightGrams() / 1000 + 6 + timeMod; //hammers} else speed = primWeapon.getWeightGrams() / 1000 + 6 + timeMod; //misc weapons like scythesif (pos != -1){ // those 9 direction attacks, all but center position increases swing time by 1 aiming = true; speed++;}

this 'speed' number is not in seconds, but you can be fucking sure the proportions are correct, even if the actual swing timer is hard to determine

Well, a low ql axe will have 5 damage (base 1 +base*4)

But that means high ql axes do between 5 and 25 damage… Thats a pretty fair jump

not really, a 0QL axe gets whatever comes from randomizer * base * 4 multiplied by 0, resulting in just base + 0 damage

Well that spoils the point of imping

a 100QL axe is on average, 2.5 times better than a 0QL axe, you can't just toss it out of the window

either way, skill is way more important

1 skill = 0.01 damage
50 skill = 0.5 damage
100 skill = 1 damage

the only server hosting experience I've had was when I hosted custom modded minecraft server from a friends, who actually works as a server administrator, home linux server and he gave me access to it through winSCP SSH and most shit was done through command line for the actual server stuff and drag and drop for uploading shit onto the hard drive of the server
don't know how the headless Wurm server handles as I haven't tried it locally yet, but the standar interface and how you can't feed commands to it through the command line is fucking cancer

Keep ahead, headless men!

headless is another word for no GUI or command prompt only

So, never played wurm and I've no idea what this shit is exactly. I'm downloading the client. What's good to know before starting?

I don't want to watch some autismo-jewtube walkthrough to get into the game, thanks.

the maple trees are cuming, harvest their cum while you can

it's a sandbox like minecraft, but with more shit to do and actual skills to level up

Do I have to pay the game? Or just torrenting the client is enough?

To do anything, you have to double click an item first, then left click or right click the stuff you want to use the item on.

Learn how to keybind so you don't have to right click and go through 5 tabs to do something.

Focus on a single job until you're good at it or else you'll be an ADHD scrub that doesn't excel at anything.

torrent is enough

So… What's the deal? Is anyone playing on WRC?

I feel like it's a bad time to get into this.

Ain't gonna risk it, tbh….

Keep ahead, headless men!

Why do any of that though?
That is abysmal levels of retardeness, roasting a fish is clicking a few buttons over a fire, its not comfy and its only fun as you get higher QL shit which only means more nutrition.

PVP is the end game, or PVE events, not fucking eating a sandwich, like nigga, go outside, and eat a sandwhich, there you just did everything you suggest Wurm is about while saving hours by not grinding to get the necessary skills.

ShieldBash is not the only stun, and I explicitly avoided mentioning it because to say it's the only one is misleading to literally everyone and you faggots keep acting like that's what everyone is talking about when they say there's too much stunlocking in pvp. This is the shit I'm talking about when I say, the only people who want pvp have never played it before, or are looking to exploit the people that have never played it before.
The shittiest part is, you people appear to be the former person, on account of the fact that I didn't even fucking mention ShieldBash and you still decided to bring it up like fucking autists anyway. Shortswords have a stun effect. Large Axes have a stun effect. Chain them together, and then you magically get them stuck in place for 9-15 seconds, during which they deal 0 damage, which even 'dealing with it' means you are going to lose no matter what, because by the time you're almost ready to deal damage, they're ready, or nearly ready to stun you again. Moreover, you could just be like and lead around 10+ reincarnated horses at a time to fuck everyone who isn't a worshiper of libila.
Wurm pvp is fucking garbage covered garbage that only mega-autists who like throwing garbage at everyone actually likes.

Is this the end of Holla Forums Wurm?

Everyone chant Badmin Bane, pls go

Joke's on you, I quit before I even knew who the badmin was.

You must miss it to lurk like this, so long after your departure

It's really not hard to see it on the front page and make a post.

Why though? Why go out of your way and post that, and then sit here replying to me a few times, unless image boards are all you do and you have like 12 other tabs open full of Holla Forums threads.. That's fair then.

can you have two servers running at once?

You're a major fag if you don't have at least 70 tabs open at a time.

MULTI SERB MODDING

Yeah why.
if you mean multiple maps then i don't know… i would definitely LIKE to do that

Yeah, why do you think I started playing Wurm in the first place, nigga?

By that logic, why did you stop?

yeah, sorta like that
I don't want the normal server to stop just so that some people can check the pve mod I am making

If you guys could get on some custom maps, that'd be great.

pls

The shit was fucked, lad.

What about the one really nice one from before? The one badmin couldn't import or something.

Was this mountaintop like this the last time I came over here for lumber?
En Route now to see if there's lava up there spreading around, if so I need to leave ASAP.

It was tundra that just turned to it's Fall skin, my bad.

I am stupid
A 100QL weapon actually does 3 to 5 times more damage than a 1QL weapon

Now that I think about it, that's a lot less orange than lava.

richfig bls get on and clear a path at the mol rehan spawn

Made a server mod to fix the lava shit

players requires to relog to see the change
lava tiles are converted to dirt tiles.

uploading

dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/178658416/wurm classes/mods.zip

USAGE:
Any player with power >= 4 can type #fixlava in the GM tab to fix all lava tiles

the server should output how many lava tiles were fixed into dirt

THIS WILL CHANGE THAT MOUNTAIN WITH LAVA TO DIRT TOO

Like all on the map? Or all in your vicinity?

Had a though last night that you might be able to mod it out by removing lava tiles from the game then re-adding them. Conversion to dirt makes sense, but rip ocean.

96 effective blacksmithing, and this is a horrendous slog. I don't want to think about what getting to 100 quality will be like.

youtube.com/watch?v=OkGgdIBX1to

Don't worry about getting it to 99 yet, just work on more tools enough ql80~ stuff for say, 10 smith/wood/clothfags and 99 will come naturally.

Old lava was better

Magnons don't know shit about pvp

why badmin
why did you do this to us

You should be able to dig for some water.

You are sure this works?

INSTALLING Anti lava mod

For my understanding this will be a temporary solution as lava will still spread, this will just get rid of current damage.

backing up first just in case things get worse, get to a safe place if you're online, you now how backups tend to throw you back a while.

Sheeit, I was one level away from 90 blacksmithing.

inb4 2 day rollback

all map

includes where the lava was not a problem, like atop a mountain

yes

there will be no more lava in the entire map after this

It removes current lava, but new lava still spawns, it's a bandaid fix

Seems fun, would build house here

Anyway, right now I'm trying to get a new map working on the new serb

But why

I have no idea what is happening at this point, either. Last I remember is getting on a boat.

Autism found a way to ruin the current map for everyone but mag priests with 35 faith.

can't you re-download the server.jar that you are using?
I am pretty sure badmin fucked it
also, upload the current one so I can look at it
I can't stop new lava from spawning if I don't know what did he change

Also, there is the offchance that the new lava being spawned is natural from the previous lava tiles, try running the fix a couple more times

There is also another off chance that I am missing some of the lava, since the first two versions were not getting all lava tiles

UPDATE:

Pirate fags can now connect to the new serb.
Pirate clients work!

Confirmed, the old server file has the bad code in it causing the lava to spread, lava started popping up on the map after I logged in with pirate client.

Uploading BOTH to mega right now, will post here for data miners to help figure out how to get rid of Lava cancer but keep pirate connection information

If it's the server code itself it would keep happening on new map, right?

Why didn't you just start from a fresh install of wurm for the new server?

yes

I did start fresh, but the old server code ALSO has the code peice which enables pirate clients to connect, I knew this, I'd hoped he'd put the lava edit in the mods file.. but it's a direct server code modification..

I don't know how to put in or get rid of either of them, which is why I moved old server.jar file to new ser… I backed up and took the new server code out of new serb before doing anything so nothing is wrong, nothing will be long term…

But I need help finding the problem

mega.nz/#!5ZxDmZIR!oTxP7GUCMnpfYYRGBxv93N_6jU6O6myewnTGU-XsZ1A
Link for corrupted server.jar file

mega.nz/#!ZVBwETzY!ql2sTtLA9m9wPdtEuJNYxFEUiBDXrNLKoPqGgHEqp4E
Link for fresh server.jar file

mega.nz/#!MRZBkTZZ!tCCeiq068o-pNfUjy7qhpTUDW8msT7mhjKZ5AIQlvk0
Link for "Working Pirate Server.Jar" Which Badmin removed when I started excommunicating him

I'm going to try the last one right now.

working on a fix right now

also, told ya

Working Pirate server confirmed for not having Lava code, none is spreading from where I am.

those of you who haven't already, download it, make sure that ANYONE can run a pirate server whenever and wherever they like.

None of this Ruski serb Jewing shit.

the lava code seems to only spawn lava at height 0

but I will verify now, just finished extracting the offending classes and I am going to look into them

To fix, just replace those files in the broken server.jar with the same files in the original server.jar

Alright, now we reach a fork in the road.

I have a custom map i wish to install, 8kx8k
it's breddy tasty fam, even has an island set out for PVP already.

This may take a while to learn how to implement it, unless someone who's familiar wants to put up their hand and make sure it works then upload everything they have and give it to me.

Otherwise, the heavenord map which is already implimented is working and ready to use, I've learned how to get rid of the artifacts and other items which are too OP, I'd do that and then link two serbs so everyone can sail away from GTX hellscape.

No Poals, Speak your mind here.

Pretty tough choice, but I'll vote for custom.

try to use the custom map, however I am currently busy working on the files

especially since it have a pvp island

if (tileHeight

the modifications on the player class seems to be only "what are the starting items"

If he fucked with players, then we probably would have found out about it by now.

What a mess.

Gonna replace corrupted jar on old serb to working pirate serb to stop teh spread of cancer

We have found a cure for cancer today.

Would you kindly ensure that the "Working pirate server".jar has the edited newbie stuff, and not 50ql karmour and weaposn like its set to by default

Its safe to log on now, no more lava, I promise

ok, gonna check that

no, it's using the original starting items

just open the jar and replace the .class file

it's as easy as replacing files in a normal zip file

the class file is com/wurmonline/server/players/Player.class

I will make a mod to change starting items today when I get home

Thank you

Madman.

Just give them cloth armor, crude tools and a shaft as weapon.

Steel and Flint is a luxury item

It takes a couple of hours at the most to forage enough shit to make your own basic gear.

Steel&flint is just about the only thing that's a pain in the ass to make because it requires you to find flint and kill a lava spider. Or stumble on a treasure chest with ql95+ shit just sitting there, like I did.

Fuck off casuals
srs survivors only

yes it is, 2 minutes of foraging on rock tiles and you get a flint, whatever it's rock shard or iron for the other item, you can get those easily too (forage on rock also give 20kg of rocks sometimes)

OK, start people with NO gear and a severe wound.

Iron and coal. Coal requires charcoal pile. Lighting the pile requires flint&steel.

yes, let's make it so that the "new player experience" or early game is so bad that no one new would want to stay and make their own settlement

jesus christ it's like you guys have severe head injuries on top of your lobotomized frontal lobe
just start people off with a full set of leather armor, shovel, axe, pickaxe, saw, knife, clay bowl, flint and steel, compass and a rope all QL 10
you know, just like what you started with on Wurmian Refugee Camp
wasn't the whole point of the Holla Forums server to make it as close as possible to WRC but without the constant lag?

Obviously we should make a mod that lets you start fires by rubbing branches together, but it has a 15% success rate and has an action timer of two minutes :^)

fuck, that's right

I am going to mod a bow drill lighter then, will do the same thing but uses a bow string and a shaft to make

(or let stringed bows light items)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bow_drill

no, make a mod for a firestarter that takes a stringed bow, a shaft and a plank. alternatively make it a bow, cotton string, a shaft and a plank

IT'S JUST A PRANK BRO

Mite b cool

did i do good user?

the downside is that it will weight a short bow + plank + string + shaft, that's about 6 kilos?

once you get your precious steel you can make your own shitty lighter, meanwhile manly man will use the bow lighter

replace the plank with a wood shingle to make it lighter maybe

CASUAL
NEXT YOU ARE GOING TO TELL ME TO REPLACE THE SHAFT WITH AN ARROW SHAFT

ALRIGHT the flint and steel is all they get

That's it, that's the new player experience

uh, yeah. that's a great idea, adds yet another step to making the bowdrill AND makes it lighter

next step would be fire piston

2 handles + some iron something, dunno what, might make a new item for it too.

uses 0.01 tar to light, so you need to walk with a jar of tar too, total weight should be something like 0.3 + tar

You can make a campfire with wood scraps and kindling.

but can't light anything besides a campfire with kindling unfortunately

that's why I am going to make two easier to make but heavier alternatives to steel and flint

Should be able to make your metals hot though.

it is

Just use matches.

Codebro can you give me an email address I can contact you on.

I need to make sure the new map is working, but my local dedicated server is being retarded and won't even open on default everything.

Does it refuse connections or just not start?

ok, log in into the game

I'm in

I don't know your ingame name, just PM Guedez

first, there will be no restart
second, there at least 8~ people

there used to be 40 online at the same time at one point
maybe some will come back when all the fucking restarts, retardedly slow characteristic gains, badminery and general malicious shenanigans has been sorted
but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for that to happen

Not including Macro/bots

And then once we get settled we can start shilling to other autistic sites

please do this

dont you feel some something for what you manage to build? abandoning the town like that

it may appear deserted but it is not

squatters?

no, actual citizens

I play on both servers.

Update

Codebro is going to make sure new Rhodesia works in a private setting before we put it live.

Another 24 hours on the clock and we'll have made some progress.

New *Brodesia

gonna try to get that working as soon as I get home

waiting patiently for my wurm fix

Just finished downloading and already got it running, what was the deal?

do you have access to this interface?

I don't know man, I am going to sleep

this was super easy to set up, just download the file, extract it in the same folder as the other databases, select it from the drop down and there you go

for linking them:
It is suggested that you copy the entire server folder so that all the configurations are separate, otherwise you would need to manually set it up every time

I am going to sleep, gonna make those two steel&flint alternatives tomorrow

Rhodesia works? no problem whatsoever?

What's wrong is my wurm server thing won't even boot up the original adventure and creative profiles, and I have no idea why, if its working i will slap it on right now

create a back-up delete and replace them

UPDATE:

NEW BROHDESIA IS CURRENTLY BEING TRANSFERRED ONTO NEW SERB

I repeat, the new dream is becoming a reality

Transfer will take a few hours

finally

Exodus When?

F

fuck i need help badmin put a hole in the map and i fell down

Post hole

I got out now managed to use last breath to climb out

Update:

FTP succeeded.
Connect via a pirate client, Looking good.
World loads up
Fucking haevenjord

remember to do step 2

I did that shit

Alright, I did the old switcheroo.

Server turns on

105% memory with no fucking players on

Doubled allocated ram
8k map is resource intensive, fear not.

open the wurmlogin database and go to the servers table and change the map name to the map you're using
the server software is absolute fucking dogshit and you HAVE to close it down after every single edit you make in order for it to save the change properly if done through the server GUI

meanwhile

How hard is it to create more monsters?

Is it safe to log in if I want to start a fresh character? Will I have to build a ship and go on a second exodus after the WRC one?

possibly just as hard as this

however, I got no models for them, and you know how it feels to see a cow named panda

making new models would be bat shit insane hard, because I have absolutely no idea what the game expects of them (there are tons of different ways to do it, and the game might have made their own way for this)

You can always ride on someone elses ship, if you want to play right away, then I suggest not building anything EXCEPT a rowboat, otehrwise grind skills ready for teh move

I hope this isn't the map, that looks like shit to traverse and there's barely any land.

you will have to explore to know :^)

8 thousand by 8 thousand beautiful squares in every direction

Isn't it beautiful lads

NOW, don't get too excited, upon doing this I found that there are NO factions, I feel like this will be a bit of a problem so i plan to remedy it now

BUT ITS HAPPENING

oh yeah, please, make it spring

Is the server down right now?

it is for me

Currently yes, I'm in the middle of connecting it so I can send a dummy through

Now I must make this as CLEAR as possible.

If you do see a "Plot course" option on your boat, do NOT use it, until i have ensured that the exit is safe to use.

plot course currently confirmed

testing dummy now, Serbs up for thsoe who want to know how it goes down

Is anyone else romanticizing the grand Exodus? We're all going to sail away for the promised land.

The Grand Exodus was back on WRC; this is a handful of Cubans sailing towards a land that isn't fucked.

going through the GTX server files

Server tells me we're playing on heavenjord when I know we arent… I am fucking confused as fuck

The server name and server database name are different things

And faggots, remember to set 'enable pvp transfer' thingy on your profile, otherwise the ship will go and you will stay

I don't see that option on the in-game profile. Do you remember where the option is specifically?

Huh. I could've sworn the only option there was Equip options. Maybe it's because the server isn't linked yet? Guess i'll know for sure when it's back up. Thanks for the spoonfeeding.

So are there factions on the new map? I might want to be a HOTShead.

You'll probably be a faction of one.

thanks for the reminder, i wasn't aware of it

There is one observation that must be made
wooden items (items with the wooden tag, or items ending with ", treename") should have it's damage reduced to 10% of the damage shown, thing is, Huge Axes have the wooden tag, and spears ends with " ,treename", for that reason, I have removed this observation, making belaying pins possibly not that OP, but stone chisels should be just as strong as shown

Another observation, the damage you deal is multiplied by (skill with item)/100
meaning that if you have huge axes in 20 and stone chisel in 40, you will deal more damage with stone chisels

(can someone with 50+ in stone chisel test that?)

Two, I think I will convert
I am going hermit anyways

Correction, there was an error in the formula that was making the tools not lose 70% of the damage

this is the fixed table

(stone chisels still do more damage than short swords)

Alright, I've done everything on that Multi server list.

What am I missing?

i'm no codefag but i imagine the parry rate of a stone chisel compared to a short sword would make it useless by comparison

short swords are pierce type weapons, not sword type weapons, they don't get the sword bonus to parry that is equivalent to weighting 4 kilos less (the heavier, the less the weapon parries)

meaning that chisels parry more than short swords

correction, it have both the pierce and the sword type in it's tags
I am going to investigate this right now

I found this while looking for a guide

steamcommunity.com/app/366220/discussions/0/483368526584627813/

DO NOT TAKE AWAY THE WEAPON OF CHOICE. WITH THE CHISEL I SHALT CARVE MINE LIKENESS INTO THE SKULLS OF MINE ENEMIES.

(attCheck * defender.getAttackers() + defPrimWeapon.getWeightGrams() / 200.0D) / getWeaponParryBonus(defPrimWeapon)

this is the weapon parry skill check difficulty

attCheck = the result of the attacker skill check on fighting
defender.getAttackers() = number of opponents
defPrimWeapon.getWeightGrams() = weight of the weapon that the defender is using
getWeaponParryBonus(defPrimWeapon) = 4 for swords, 1 for everything else

swords are 4 times more likely to parry than any other weapons (includes short sword)

hand to hand and axes should be unable to parry

it's unclear how much the weight of the weapon influences in the chances to parry, since skill calculations are hard to understand, thus it's hard to compare the "attCheck * defender.getAttackers()" to "defPrimWeapon.getWeightGrams() / 200.0D"

yeah, short swords still blow chisels out of the water in the parry department

Well there must be more to it than that, because I see myself parry in aggressive stance with a huge axe.

It's not often but it happens.

caravel is ready to sail and awaiting server migration

Get in here and load your shit at the edge of what was once our bay

It was a server event, demon invasion. Server owner flipped out, assumed direct control.

I might need you boys to come pick my little ass up from the BL I got stranded in the ocean when the server went down and we were sailing the first time.

That was because Badmin offered absolutely no explanation, and instead baneposted.

Then when i started to try and assume control, he fought tooth and nail against it, clinging on to control as long as possible and finally when I assumed control, said essentially "Fuck you then" instead of explaining what happened.

And laughed in my face when I failed to do it right the first time.

ill come sail to you wind permitting

sometimes I think the faggot left loads and loads of unused code just for idiots like me to keep looking at ancient server code thinking it means anything

citadelservers.com/client/knowledgebase/151/Clustered-multiple-Wurm-servers.html#collapseThree

Im sailing to the black light now whats your name lad

I'm at work right now I'll be home in an hour 30 but it's Althazar

tell me when I can just kill myself and respawn on the other side

In theorym those who want to just start anew on new serb can do so now… is there anyone out there wanting that?

I'll do it, what's the IP and shit of the new server if I'm using the WRC client?

Alright, Those of you who are on the old server, if you intend to go take a look, DON'T join with the charactery ou intend to use to crossover, because you will get a "Wrong password" error even without having a password, and I'm not gonna fix it, use a new character until we fix old server.

167.114.156.149:3774

I don't know if I did this correctly but it spawned me in the middle of a huge lake or the ocean. Still have 'freedom' chat channels and shit so I might have just fucked something up and landed in the WRC server

Which direction are we supposed to sail to?

50QL longswords are back

nice livemap gayboy

If we start a new character, will our progress on that character be saved?

I think the starting areas need to be reworked…

Am I the only one using livemap? I thought it was standard procedure…

There's a few vocal people that just sit in town all day that don't use it.

starting areas haven't been made yet because the new server doesn't have kingdoms.

It's about half and half it's more fun to explore and find shit than have a map tell you where everything is in my opinion.

Is there an altar of three?

I don't know I'm still on the old world, we have followers of every faith once the glorious exodus begins someone will be able to convert you.

[21:06:39] Butchering increased by 1,0000 to 2,0000
[21:06:39] Butchering decreased by 1,0000 to 1,0000[21:06:39] Butchering increased by 1,0000 to 2,0000
[21:06:39] Butchering decreased by 1,0000 to 1,0000[21:06:39] Butchering increased by 1,0000 to 2,0000
[21:06:39] Butchering decreased by 1,0000 to 1,0000

what is the meaning of this?

How big is this map? been walking for around 15 minutes and I see NOTHING but Olive Trees.

Am I in Greece?

8192 by 8192 tiles
it's going to be empty of animals unless the spawn count is cranked up by 4 times the amount of the current server

What do?

open and keep for yourself

he cant open it apparently and I'm way too far away to ship my ql 76 lockpick to him

Hug the mimic

Why does leveling the ground take around 2 minutes on this server? I remember it was faster on WRC.

Butchering was always wonky.

it's 50% faster here
you are wrong

unless you are talking about the new map (in which case, I can't know for sure)

the time it takes is dependent on the amount of dirt it needs to take too

I don't think characteristic gain is matching the other server.

Whats the status report Richfag?

which other server?
WRC or Richfigs Holla Forums server?
you gain about the same amount of XP for Mind Logic on the Holla Forums server at 27.50 as you do on WRC at 44.50
can't remember exactly what the strength gain is like but it's somewhere around 32 on the Holla Forums server you gain the same amount as 45 on the WRC server
shit's all over the place instead of just flat rates across the board for characteristic gains

He's talking about

This server, which is new server #2

The new server isn't matching the old one.
But mods aren't installed, so that's probably why.

then maybe clarify that it's the new Holla Forums hosted server, since for some the old server is WRC

HE'S COMING

youtube.com/watch?v=_q6chUtSef4

PANIC

To the person looking at the code, can you check something for me real quick?
In dual wielding does that attack speed of the second weapon reduced TWELVE FUCKING TIMES?
This is important.

like many nerfs in wurm, dual wielding got hit and then never looked at again for balancing purposes and has been effectively useless for many years.

I imagine that we could easily fix that if it's really just a 1/12 speed nerf.
It's probably a hard coded number that we can change in the source, right?

Why don't we worry about getting a server up and running that can last longer than a month before worrying about reverting changes that have been in the game for years?

When will winter end on the new new server?

4th week of the starfall of the diamond

Because I want to dual wield :^)

But yeah I joined up when the new new server launched and I already started terraforming before realizing that the mods arent even working yet.

i thought everyone was using the nowinter mod and the notree mod render and the mod that locks the time of day to noon and that mod that makes the fog go away

And I thought I was cheesing for using the livemap mod…

only scrubs do this

There's nothing stopping you from dual wielding though. It deals more damage than using a single weapon doesn't it? It's just not as high as using a single 2 hander. You can fight in melee combat with a staff designed for casting sorceries despite the fact that it uses the unarmed combat skill aswell. The choices are there, don't ask people to start modding the game just so someone can dual-wield frying pans and be as effective as someone using a large maul.

you lot complain about pvp and combat in general in wurm being the worst most shitty part of wurm but when someone wants to have a little fun with it and dual wield frying pans its suddenly "no dont do that itll ruin combat"

each parry you miss, there is a 2% chance that you will be giving the chance to try to parry with the second weapon.

it's useless, like in real life

Except dual wielding already exists, and you can use it however you want. We had someone dual wielding mauls just the other day while we were fighting our way into the troll fort. You can even fight with no weapons at all, it just takes more time and effort if you want to be both a special snowflake AND effective at what you do.

If dual wielding had been removed from the game entirely, I'd be on board with tweaking it back in because it simply gives people another option, regardless of how well it worked.

Is wealthy fag competent yet or should I try again tomorrow?

Or go back to WRC?

you don't get competent at these sort of things over night, or even under a week of constant tweaking and monitoring and testing for 16 hours a day
you can't even give yourself an Ebony wand, which you need in order to do anything as an admin level moderator, if you happen to do something incredibly stupid like give it to a horse
only way to get a new one is creating a new character and giving that character admin level moderator status and through the new character making a new Ebony wand for your other admin character

everything is clunky as fuck and only way to edit things like server map, server name, IP, port, server neighbors etc reliably is through editing the database and some shit in the database are stored as a long ass number
character names or rather the wurmID for that name is stored as a number like 50349902080 for an example for some fucking reason
dates are stored as a number like 1443169476060 which to me doesn't mean anything
and there is little to no documentation when you search for it

I'm going to play something else until we switch. I'm still watching this thread though.

Alright I'm back, can't a guy fugging sleep?

And yes there's only the mod loader installed at the moment that's a quick and aeasy fix because I dowloaded all the mods from the old server.

Epic settings are on, and they are probably the fucked curve and not how we're using them today so I'll have to say that the character database is going to be reset before we go "Live" and have everyone else from old serb move to new serb

yo fags, what happened to the old server?

fuck, put my name on the email field

That's a unix timestamp in milliseconds, which represents the date Fri, 25 Sep 2015 08:24:36.060 GMT. See: epochconverter.com/
This is actually the 100% correct way to store dates in any software, this is like the one thing Rolf actually did correctly.

Well there goes a day's work.

Some guy got 1k butchering

Do you think we should not?

OH FUCK MAPLE TREES ARE OVULATING
"On a scale of whatever, just gather a little bit" to "DROP FUCKING EVERYTHING YOU'RE DOING AND HOARD SAP", how much should I care about this?

Fucked up the quotes but you see what I'm saying here.

is there a guild - town? im in but no one's on #WRC chat

lad just fix that problem locally, i'm here with 5 people and were all gaining skill normally. don't send us back when we just ramped up a whole day.

Depends on how much do you value the sap. I would advise you to stop everything you were doing and focus on the trees since the stuff happens once a year and you can do everything else during autumn/winter.

Make sure to take a sickle with you.

What's the sickle for? I'm not cutting anything down, just filling bucket with sap.

1000? Is that even possible?
Skill gain all seems normal to me.

Alright, Guess it's just with one guy

wait, what server are you talking about? im lost
newfag here

You get saplings for more Maple trees that will be closer to you the next year, assuming you don't have a maple orchard already.

He's probably talking about the new server.

In case he's talking about the two idiots in the old server that rushed the artifacts using DB knowledge, then that's another whole issue.

Yeah that has absolutely nothing to do with the epic curve, it's some other bug.

Ever look at the file names around here?

Badmin did.

any of you guys know how to properly use a ballista ?

it's idiotic
and yes, I should've added that it doesn't mean anything to me at a first glance
why not store it as the actual date instead of having the human operator forced to convert it before it makes any sense
the date is stored as the date timestamp in some places and as a number in other places

A timestamp as you would read it is a string. This is an integer. This isn't a website database so it doesn't contain info meant for human beings. The entire purpose of the database is to work with the program; the database exists in a way that is convenient for the computer, not a human operator. A server admin should never have to touch the database if they set their server up right, and anyone mucking about in the database should be someone familiar with databases who either is used to UNIX time or is using a database display program that will convert it for them.

Rolf literally did nothing wrong.

this is the thing though, the server software front end is so bad that it is easier and faster to edit the database instead of editing it through the software (since you have to completely exit the software for it to save 1 edit, and you have to do this after every single edit you do for it to be saved properly to the database through the software)

I see you are just baiting

No, you dumb fuck, what I was doing is explaining to you the purpose of a database.

yeah, it's a real pain in the ass

I'm wondering if it's not easier to copy the database over and then just reimburse the veterans what they intended to take over.

have you even looked at the database for Wurm?
have you even tried using the serverlauncher software for wurm to edit those databases to set up a server?
it doesn't seem like you have from your posts
a database is of little use if it can't be readily read by humans without doing cumbersome 3rd steps in order to understand it
and storing things as easily readable information for humans is hardly anything that a computer will struggle with understanding later on
don't be silly, databases in games are ultimately for humans to read when something gets fucked

just edit the database, test it and then when it works upload it to the server
reimbursing things is even more work than making a servercluster work through the software, and you only have to make the servercluster work once while reimbursements have to be made on several occasions over multiple days

Ughhh so much work..

I just wanna play the game

I just started yesterday on the new server. Thanks for putting this thing up, it's fucking huge and that is a great feeling. Honestly? I've had my progress wiped so many times that you take as long as you need if it means stability. Feeling tired of working on it? Take a break. People want shit reimbursed or something? Schedule a day for it, play and relax until then. If we're all at your mercy and we're not paying a dime then we can wait a day or three for shit like that.

Relax man, you're doing god's work by enabling autism that makes even minecrafters uncomfortable.

thank you, it means a lot to me

Yeah, well I'd suck your dick too but we're not exactly neighbors to the pat on the ass is the best I can give you.

Does skill affect ballista/catapult accuracy ?

Ask Rolf if his database is readable by humans or not, the database was not made for you, nor sold to you, nor have it any relation to you
Rolf sold the software AS IS to anyone who bought the game, databases are COMPUTER FIRST user second, you can just make views for the user later (which rolf made some, as server side commands)

maybe you are just a inferior human with little to no knowhow

for fucks sake, complaining about epoch time of all things

then even going on a dribble to try to convince anyone you are not retarded.

this is a anonymous image board, you can just change ID and you won't have to deal with the embarrassment anymore

take the easiest approach to get everything running already, just give a heads up for people if they stand to lose anything

the items on the inventory will most likely be kept if you just force move everyone though the database, just tell them to fill it with their precious and most people won't care

New Rhodesia has new Rhodesia as a neighbour
Fuckin' no wonder its not working

did you copy paste the whole server folder, so that each server have it's own folder?
otherwise one's configuration will keep replacing the other's

Im doing that now, I did it GTX's way by pulling file from server, editing server options through the fucking Wurm server launcher and then reuploading

but that DOES FUCK ALL BECAUSE TEH CHANGES TO THE DATABASES ARENT CARRIED WITH SERVER.JAR

I should have learned not to trust GTX with anything by now.. but I'm editing DB's directy by pulling them and using SQL lite before reuploading them

Speaking of which, i'll be bringing down new serb to backup and upload new DB shortly, so hunker down, and i'll be doing the same thing for Old serb afterwards as well.

When you're done with what you're doing will actions take less time? Or is it at it's intended rate on newserb?

the only one here emberrassing themselves is you user

Meanwhile you're trying to argue that one of the few sound parts of the software should be broken because the rest of them are.

Gaaaaaayyy

it's almost like you think it matters much for a computer if the timestamps are in a format a human can interpret without first converting it to something that makes sense or not
but I'll let you "win" this argument so that you can feel good about yourself

tell me, how many bytes does date in string use versus how many bytes a long uses? try to not google you faggot

now tell me how long it takes for the string date to be converted to long date, so that you can fucking compare it to another date, then convert back so that your sweet ass don't get blasted to heavens and back trying to understand epoch time

go on fucking faggot, tell me

just drop it user
it's not good for you to get this riled up over things like these
oh, and I'll humor you and give you the satisfaction that you so clearly crave
I don't know the answer to you question, nor do I particularily care

Converting to YYYY-MM-DD is pretty easy and can be done with whatever you're viewing the DB with. Doing the reverse is also p. easy but there's a dozen different ways of writing a date. Then there's time zones and daylight savings and other gay shit.
In general files are full of shit that isn't human readable. The terrain files don't go GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS LAVA LAVA LAVA either. It's unnecessary and error prone to do that just so some faggot can use notepad instead of pirating a proper program.

Badmin started doing a server event, there was lava everywhere, Richfag panicked and started fucking things up - 2 day rollback, serb deaths, handed out our IP addresses and hashed steam IDs, handed out the map and the locations of everything, etc. 1st Holla Forums server RIP.

Now the wealthy fuck is trying to set up a 2nd server that he hasn't fucked but he keeps fucking it up.

Check back tomorrow, maybe he'll remove head from ass.

SQLite isn't a proper program I'm guessing then

Badmin you know this isn't what happened.
you'd have explained what you were doing instead of baneposting if you were being genuine

post more smug anime faces if that makes you feel better about being a living embarrassment to you and everyone that knows you

You dump your speed if your program has to parse through a human-readable string to get ints to concat into one int before it can just use the int. Defeats the purpose of having the database frankly. It's sort of like boycotting RAM and doing all operations on disk.

We're reaching levels of smug that shouldn't be possible.

yeah, I am a failure
at least I'm not responsible for what should have been an abortion that is the wurmserverlauncher.exe
got that fuzzy warm feeling yet?

4 simultaneous days in 1 rotational day

Server down shit post time!

Update

Moving character files across was a breeze, worked so easilly, then I tried to put the items database in there and literally every single item that was inworld caused an error until the server crashed.

You may keep your skills, but your items.. well, I don't think I'll be able to keep them here.

Does this mean I will lose everything I had made on the newserver yesterday? That's a pisser if that's the case. Back to foraging wemp and iron.

FRESH START
R
E
S
H

S
T
A
R
T

Find out if the items in our inventories/equipment slots transferred with the character files. If they did, then being able to take an inventory load full of items across seems just fine.

Just let us get our shit sorted into our inventories then transfer the player files across again. (assuming inventory data is stored in the same database as player data)

this most likely just involves the old server

If we're going fresh start yet AGAIN. Then let's get epic done right this time. Either default rates with epic curve enabled, or the 3/6x rates we had with Codeanon's curveless Epic.

>Let's get epic done right™

Is the thing where you sail across map borders completely ruled out?

Yeah, it's ahh… My patience has run thin with GTX, in order for the thing to work where I connect both servers, I need to have better access trhough the command console, and a button which exists on Citadel, but not on GTX

Blame hosts this time, I've really tried my hardest with it.

Think of it as "New game+"
No items, all your skills.

BEFORE anyone gets any wise ideas, wait to log on because I need to set up Admin shit and you'll spawn in the middle of fuck knuckle nowhere.

This map is great by the way, we got lemon trees olive trees,grape bushes tar pits and clay in walking distance. lava spiders in please god no distance* thanks richfig

Why dont you transfer the old shit onto the new server then run both on the new one and do it that way?

I have done that, but the items database INCLUDES INWORLD ITEMS

And where there's no land for the items to spawn on you get a huge fugging error

Which is also why everyone who's transferring over will appear in fucknuckle nowhere

I mean like run both maps at the same time on the new one rather than having them on different servers.

Whateva it don't matta, don't none of this matta at this point.

kill yourself casual

"The server denied your connection attempt for the following reason: "

Got this when logging in. I was only on newserver, so I figured it didn't matter if I logged in.

try again

What's that, Richfag? I'm going to be spending the whole week smithing? Golly!

So is it safe to log in at this point?

Try it

still nothin' doin' boss.

I don't understand how I can log on and you can't

You should have someone else try. I'm not known for my competence.

We have people from old serb inside
Problem is on your side I geuss

Tried making a new character and that didn't work either. I haven't changed anything since last night at all.

Fuckin' damnit.

I get the same problem.

I'm special; I get a different error.

steamcommunity.com/app/366220/discussions/0/483368526574215099/

Everything's back to normal.

Are you sure you have the right IP?

I may not; has it changed?

Drop gaurd tower or get near one to fix this error

167.114.156.149:3774

The port is different to the default, so don't forget to change that aswell.

At least it's not metro.

They can't drop their own guard towers without being in a kingdom first.

I'm on the one in

or rather was, now it disced

Yep, looks like we're on the same page now.

It just werks

what IP are you using?

>The server denied your connection attempt for the following reason:

Thank you richfag for putting up with all this shit, you're a godsend.

Was getting "connection refused" for a bit, now back to the "multiple login" error.

disregard this post, I got in

there is one problem though

I am in the middle of the ocean, can you teleport me to the black light?

should I open a ticket for that? I'd rather stay offline until you are ready to teleport me

"You have servers linked in the "server travel" tab, and two or more of them have the "log in server" box checked in local server→advanced server settings area."

I am ready, every fucking nigger who needs a life raft come on and get tped

Are you still having the problem?

Yessir. Did you read this post?

Might be the problem. I know I'm not the only one having this issue though, so either we all fucked something up or it's server side.

Is it just me or does rummage run on a normal timer?

Ive done this, everyone else can connect

I can't connect with my newserb-alt to the new server either its been giving me the same cluster shit all morning

Good of the many over the good of the few. I can deal.

Trying to connect with hankhillock to the old server yields me a connection refused as well, but without the cluster error.

No no, this is important, everyone is settled on teh server, so i need to fix this, any ideas, i've already done the server option thing.

I have NOT changed anything on the old serb

I don't fucking know lad I'm about to give up.
You know damn well i've been on hillock on the oldserver plenty this week.

Also I was just playing a ton on my newserver alt last night and this morning its giving me this cluster shit.

I'll keep looking into it

T-thanks :^)

Anyone else just lose connection to the new serb?

He said he shut it down to fix shit.

Try doing a dns flush

Is that the pirated or legit client?

I just made a big pile of shafts and left it near the campfire; you don't have to forage for branches now.

Pirated client, just flushed my DNS, tell me when the server is back up somebody.

yes they do, you need crude shafts to make crude stuff

Nope, I made a crude axe and pickaxe with normal shafts.

You can make a crude axe with normal shafts at least. And why bother with crude tools apart from the knife/axe?

cool

I'll report back when I get to 256 unless they take me.

Okay

Fucking kill me now.

codinginjava.png

it crashed trying to access the localServer.REGISTRATION_PORT

What did you change?

try/* */ {/* 436 */ LocateRegistry.createRegistry(localServerREGISTRATION_PORT);/* 437 */ ServerProperties.setValue("ADMINPASSWORD", adminPassword);/* 438 */ launcher.runServer(true, false);/* */ /* 440 */ new Thread(new CommandReader(launcher.getServer(), System.in), "Console Command Reader").start();/* */ }/* */ catch (IOException iox)/* */ {/* 444 */ iox.printStackTrace();/* 445 */ return;/* */ }/* */ finally/* */ {/* 449 */ System.out.println("\n==================================================================\n");/* 450 */ System.out.println("Wurm Server launcher finished at " + new Date());/* 451 */ System.out.println("\n==================================================================\n");/* */ }
literally the last thing before managing to start the server

What does this mean, and how do Ifix it?

no idea, gonna look at this, but don't expect me to come up with a solution anytime soon

check this shit
there should be all kinds of wrong stuff with it

Has to be localServer that's null, createRegistry is static.

What's under the advance server settings tab?

that's my copy, not his
just showing the interface so he knows what I am talking about

Alright, if I link the server.jar, is there something in there that I shouldn't reveal to everyone, is this going to give away important information like IPS or Artifact locations?

the server.jar won't help at all
I already have one of those

the problem is with the configurations, not that I know what is wrong with it

just turn the server UI on, and check stuff on the local server tab, see if the stuff there makes any sense, change some value that don't matter too much, like breeding multiplier, see if shit crases

Why don't you just get a direct line to codeanon for things like this? He's going full hermit anyway so I can't imagine he'd use the information even if he had it.

Hell on the last serb he didn't exploit the fact that he had access to all the information, so that's already evidence that he can be trusted with the information.

Update, put the server.jar from old server in it to try it out, didn't work, same error.

Used teh server.jar which came packaged with the server. Still get that error.

I'm thinking this isn't to do with server.jar

the problem is on the configuration files

can you send me the Wurm Unlimited Dedicated Server\NewRhodesia\Logs\wurm.log.0? just email it to me

actually, just zip and send all of the logs

My bad, still curious though.

It's probably not the jar but some config file.
Maybe this is a dumb question, but when you reverted those changes, what did you do? Just overwrite with an older version of the file?

The problem was on Anons client, I read the chat log and people fixed the connection issue with a DNS flush..

Fuck i am FUCKED

I flushed my DNS as well, just waiting for the serb to return to us to try another attempt

the only error messages that show up on these logs is that there is already a server running on 0.0.0.0:48010

I think it can't read the properties files, I will check which file it is meant to be

Reboot the server or check if theres a hung process of the old one still running.

Rebooted tonnes of times, keep getting the same error.

This is the response I got back from the support ticket I submitted

Think I should nuke it, and replace it with what I originally uploaded + the DB edits?

We'd only lose a tiny bit of progress, but we'd be able to play and i won't stuff around with it anymore..

For once though, this wasn't me, it was the FTP software.

see

christ just fucking do it lad, whatever man.

here comes a crazy idea

run export-dbs.bat in sqlite folder, I think it will create a lot of files like "insertwurmlogin.export.sql"
this guy have the server info, it looks like this on my copy:
INSERT INTO IDS VALUES(32611,3001,1127788,6147,3000,3000,0,3000,3394,3000,3003,3000,3000,3000,3069,1000,100);INSERT INTO IDS VALUES(28862,12001,17388,30619,12000,12000,0,12000,12016,12000,12003,12000,12000,12000,12037,4000,400);INSERT INTO SERVERS VALUES(28862,'NewRhodesia',200,200,0,0,0,0,1,'192.168.0.10','48010','QxTNXc','192.168.0.10','3724',1,4,0,0,0,'','','','','','','','',1,0,1468626807802,'7220','7221',1442559567892,1468770180377,1468770180377,1468771226152,1468770026145,0,54100,0,17684423,25385,1,1468626801548,-1,0,0,0,200,10000,10.0,0,10.0,10.0,2160,1,20.0,25.0,25.0,10.0,1.0,0,3.0,'',0,0,1,500000,10000,51,5,3600000,1000000,'Note to Self: 1. Survive, 2. Create!','New');INSERT INTO SERVERS VALUES(24731,'Connection',0,0,0,0,0,0,0,'192.168.0.10','48010','QxTNXc','192.168.0.10','3724',0,0,0,0,0,'','','','','','','','',0,0,0,'7224','7223',1468631580814,0,0,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,0,0,-1,0,0,0,200,1000,10.0,20,1.0,1.0,2160,0,20.0,20.0,20.0,1.0,1.0,0,1.0,'',1,0,0,500000,10000,51,0,86400000,0,'','');INSERT INTO TICKETNOS VALUES(0,10000,9999,200000);

see if yours is too different

Czech your email.

i'd say nuke it, we really didn't make much progress; if you're gonna try and mod shit you should really do it on a test server

Yeah what the hell. It took half an hour getting from nothing to basic tools, prolly faster than doing this.

That actually wouldn't have helped this time

just b urself

ok

DO IT

all I got was a court summons and my pay pall financial report.

Thanks richfag.

Alright, now uploading 6 gorrilion files.

Sorry about the mix up, but at least we are close enough that we got a taste

Wasn't it sweet?…

ETA.. couple hours, I'm gonna see if I can get in some sleep.

Night goys.

Wait, so what the fuck is going on
I get that shit's fucked with Wurm servers having spaghetti code and all that, but why can't the two servers be connected so I can just sail over to the other one?
I have no idea how this shit works, I just want to keep the shit in my boat, so I don't have to go looking for Clay and Tar again once I'm in the new server
Explain it to me like I'm a retard

it didn't work.

richfag plz ;-;7

Wait, the server is online?

disregard me, it's not.

[sorrow resumes as the glimmer of hope dies.]

Fuck, I just wanted to put the sprouts and other valuable shit I have on my boat in my inventory
If I logged out in my boat, will I still be in it in the new server?

No, if you log out in vehicles you dismount them.

The only thing being transferred to the new server are skills no items

why?

because wurm code a shit.

b-but

No buts, the only thing left to do is wait.

hollaforums.com/thread/10053803/video-games/wurm-unlimited-lava-is-for-gays-edition.html
lol. How many fucking sheekyforums clones are there out there?

Christ I hope the server compiles and boots soon, I want to get back to my lost progress.

it took us like 5 minutes to get branches and tools.

I know, same for me. Then I set up a local server to fuck around on and i found two branches over the course of an hour, walking through a forest hitting a key bound to forage. I have no idea what gives.

how fucked is it aside from that?

not at all, works just fine

besides not working, it works fine

Foraging and Botany need some serious revamps. One thing I can think of is rarer plants, that can be used to make potions, or something. That would make alchemy better, too.

the joke is that when i was able to forage 2 items, it doubled my fucking forage timer. all it did was make it so i could rarely forage twice on one tile because most of the time it'd get halfway through the timer and tell me i couldn't find anything and cancel the rest of the action timer

Yeah, and higher skill doesn't even reduce action timers, does it?
It's such a shit skill. You can do all you need with it at 1 fucking skill.

i mean, i haven't looked at the code but higher skill allegedly means slightly shorter timers and higher average ql of the items you find but i haven't really noticed or paid attention even

Mostly just unhelpful naming and engrish, also 90% of the file is hardcoded values that belong in a database or something.

Also, looking closer, the whole thing uses integer math, so unless the decompiler is pulling my leg all the shit about chance scaling with levels is void because the whole thing gets obliterated by dividing with 100 before multiplying by skill.float chance = this.chanceAt1 + (this.chanceAt100 - this.chanceAt1) / 100 * knowledge;All ints apart from chance.

fucking timezones

Actually, come to think of it, how long was the server up for?

probably 20-30 minutes

So is neither server working right now? Are we all stuck in purgatory?

I sorta managed to fix the server, but pirate copies are not working, it seems

can Gobabby report what happened? I see in the logs that you attempted to log in

server is up again it seems but it's on the default adventure map, none of my skills loaded

richfig pls

not richfig, it's codebro

he gave me access to try to fix this shit

fug, pls fix

fug, then it's a mix between two servers

fucking hell
at least I know the problem

it seems the players from our last server are one server 9558, which is currently non existant

it seems we are currently on server 11455, wurm is trying to log us into 11455 and then sending us to 9558

I am starting to think that I might be starting an old backup or something

richfig didn't leave me with info about the current status of the servers

if you make a new character you can play, but that's not desirable

wait, does that mean my skills are saved? or are they rip because i logged onto my main?

It means I don't even know which of the backups or not backups I should be trying to make work

either this worked or I fucked up stuff even harder than badmin did
brace yourselves

You people have never heard the expression "patience is a virtue" I swear.

oh wow, you have to use .save FILENAME after making changes to the db

wow, thanks kojima, I just did nothing

SERVER IS BACK ONLINE

I GOTTA SLEEP

I am going to get ready to sleep

post in the thread if there is anything strange going on

otherwise I managed to make it work, cheers me

WRRRRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

thank you so much for everything you're doing, i appreciate you and i'm sure everyone else does too

yeah newserb friends probably got fucked.

sweet dreams senpai

Im like 20 tiles from shore and out of stamina seriously god fucking damn wake up ausfag

that's what was happening to everyone when we first transitionated to the new server

ask richfig to teleport you when he comes back

My years of programming made me jaded, I am not so easy to please like richfig
but I did smile

I am off to sleep

It's 12pm in ausland

Thanks codebruh, now I can play in peace.

Am not too mad about my character disappearing since all she did was walk, dig, and mine. And she was barely good at any of that.

All our shit is here but we don't have permissions to it despite using the same character names.

Hope admin logs in soon.

Top grave right here, lads.

How can I find the black altar if I can't see the light from where I am?
Someone said that the light altar is to the north east, does that mean that the nig altar will be in the south west?

Neither light exists on a Freedom server.

NEW THREAD