Yugioh general

ygopro is temporarily dead, get devpro
any ideas for my gem-knight/lightsworn deck?
i tried it today, lost to kozmos because they otk me easily, and to an anti meta deck - ariande made all his traps cost nothing, he used like 10-15 traps that negate my shit, as well as macro cosmos, necro valley, banisher of light. i pretty much didn't stand a chance
i beat some people with old decks but i'm pretty sure i would have won those with any deck
also people at my club are salty because i'm the only one here who has gem-knights and i don't want to give them to anyone for the europian championship
it's so nice seeing my entire club selling their monarch decks. now if they'd just sell the kozmos as well

Other urls found in this thread:

nicoblog.org/psp/yu-gi-oh-arc-v-tag-force-special-jpn/
yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/October_2014_Lists_(OCG)
ygorganization.com/ocg-12292014-japan-decklists/
duelistgroundz.com/index.php?/topic/145347-official-goat-format-thread/&page=125
ygopro.us/
ygopro.co/Downloadmembers.aspx
ygorganization.com/
yugioh-card.com/en/limited/
yugioh-card.com/ph/event/rules_guides/forbidden_cardlist.php?list=201604&lang=en
ygorganization.com/category/decklists/ocg-decklist/
youtube.com/watch?v=adVDxsmjWIM
youtube.com/watch?v=hcn0JID76n8
youtube.com/watch?v=DTUsLmEg2U8
youtube.com/channel/UCsVykoz6jrElTKyceZXGe5g
youtube.com/channel/UCBN9XqkKuLKPZgFRfZ8-fhA
yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Yu-Gi-Oh!_Duel_Links
yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Yu-Gi-Oh!_Duel_Monsters_Saikyo_Card_Battle
mega.nz/#!D993EDoQ!XexiJaftNnlwII9dTe05ETEdzI4wTwQ-zMLh4BTQeVY
yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/The_Dark_Illusion
drive.google.com/file/d/0B756-kFK5JKXQm02SzdkanZHdjQ/view?pref=2&pli=1
es.yugiohcardmarket.eu/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Shit just got updated today
You fucked up son

This guy sounds like an wanna be e celeb but he offers some methods to get it

Here is a screen showing the update

Why would you play a children's card game?

To fight the oppressive goverment and ride motorcycles to fame and to revive a red head out of a coma and fall in love with you

Why else?

Blog incoming sorry
I've been coming to these threads quite a bit lately and it made me realize why i haven't been feeling 'whole' for the pasts few years. I quit playing around 2012 but before that i had played ever since LOB initially came out in the US.
It was such a huge part of my life and i stopped playing because a lot of my club did. I stopped going to tourneys, trading, buying, socializing, etc. I never realized it but almost every single friend I've ever made was because of yugioh and without it I've lost pretty much all of them. Not really sure what the point of sharing this was aside from thanking you guys for making me realize this. I'm gonna be getting back into playing irl once i have the cash.

Also a tourney is underway.

we can link twitch streams?!
since when?

I don't recall a time when we couldn't. How have you not noticed, especially with the SGDQ thread that's been on page 1 the entirety of the past week?

i never visit those, never noticed streams till now

My current deck, mostly netdecked since I can't build even it was to save my life

For a very long time

nicoblog.org/psp/yu-gi-oh-arc-v-tag-force-special-jpn/

WARNING:
-The translation is "funny".
-The AI cannot into Qliphorts.
-Do NOT give the AI a deck with Cybernetic Fusion Support. It will set it, activate it in response to an enemy Heavy Storm, and pay 4000 LP for nothing. (Thankfully, I didn't have to learn this the hard way.)

The game is OCG (as opposed to TCG, so don't expect to be using Burning Abyss), and came out in January 2015. The three most recent booster packs available are Duelist Alliance (translated as "THE DUELIST ADVENT"), The New Challengers ("NEXT CHALLENGERS"), and Secrets of Eternity ("THE SECRET OF EVOLUTION"). Here's a link to the banlist that the game uses:
yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/October_2014_Lists_(OCG)
And also some decklists:
ygorganization.com/ocg-12292014-japan-decklists/

I'm sorry to hear that. All the people I hang out with I know directly or indirectly because of Yugioh, but when we all moved on we didn't drift apart.

I played a bit of the game, I actually chuckled at the translation they translated all the cards and you most likely know the story anyway, they need to do something to stay sane while doing this free labor
Some of the translated stuff is chuckle worthy like a destiny draw quote is "there are 2 kinds of people in this world, people who admit to peeing in the shower and liars" or Yami saying "That's what happens when you believe in the heart of the cards, you fucking win"

Another tip for new players:
When you buy packs/decks, if you already had 9 copies of a card, you gain 1 JP instead. You can spend a few JP at the duel statue to unlock new booster packs containing promo cards and such, and you can spend 200 JP there to duplicate one of your cards (this is the equivalent of entering a card's password in the old games).

So that's how you get JP

my friends 'grew up' and started to play magic instead.

Thats putting in nicely. Lots of out of character swearing, memes from the old abridged series and overall just cringy dialogue at times but to be fair, that may be from the original version as well.

But I have been enjoying playing again, I stopped playing around the time Dragon Rulers were starting to become a thing and they banned the key cards to some of the decks I was using at the time. Dragunity and Gate Heroes

Why on earth would they use the shitty dub names? Chazz Princeton is infinitely inferior to Manjoume THUNDER!

Most of us only hung out during the school hours at the club so when interest in the game dropped they just stopped showing up. I only have two actual friends from that time still but both of those are pretty much over aswell.

I've played a bit of magic (and own a bit of cards) but it's never appealed to me like yugioh has.

Why are Synchrons so fun to play?

my favorite deck is ded

Twin twister was a mistake

what the fuck is going on with modern ygo anyway? I heard DN and ygopro are ded.
I tuned outta this shitty game in Feb 2015, right before Nekroz were about to drop. Now I hear that deck is fugged and there are new powercreeps eating the meta, namely monarchs which run kuraz are now a thing

Monarchs is playing solitaire and Kozmos is infinite floating
About Pro and DN, it was the faggots who own the anime in the west.

Nekroz by design made it impossible to make viable decks that used XYZ, Synchro or Fusion in original state.
They had so many monsters that auto won vs Extra deck monsters and ways to search out and easy summon their 2700 / 3300 heavy hitter monsters that banished all forms of attack and defense.

Their lore is pretty cool.

What truly made them scary is specifying banished and now destroyed, a lot of cards with their fansy "can't be targeted by X" effect usually also says "that would destroy this monster" and the go to bypass is using that level 4 xyz to send it back to hand but this is banishing it meaning it's locked out now with no re summon chance.

$10 on konami's replacement being broken garbage that's never updated and you'll have to pay for virtual cardboard

ygopro is not dead. The download just can't be hosted on their site anymore. It is still getting updates and it's open source so it will likely never die.

The thing is, it needs a way to be distributed.
Not having doors opened to new costumers is bad, you know, since that means that your base will slowly decrease over time

Complete trash, probably the most unbalanced tcg on the planet. Power creep tends towards infinity.

You can find some fun if you don't play against monarchs, kozmo, pendulum anything, and burning abyss though. Pic `1 related just happened. Pic 2 is my ninja deck, it's fun as fuck and extremely adaptable. Toolbox decks are the best decks, does anyone know any other toolbox decks besides Glads and BMV?

you could just try regular ninjas
the new support they got wasn't bad
or chaos dragon ninjas
or lockdown ninjas
or trap-monster ninjas

Konami is going fucking insane. I managed to care until the start of Monarchs vs Kozmo format, but the rate of power creep keeps intensifying. The jump from Plant Synchro to the Xyz era in 2011 was smalltime compared to what's going on now.

I can't believe you lasted that long caring. I realized the game was blown the fuck out by power creep during year of the dragon 2012.

I've loved Monarchs forever and the friend who was keeping me in tune with competitive got the PePe core before it spiked. I kept budget decks or pet decks up until the adjusted list, and still have water and Monarchs together.

Now that I think about it, I still need to get Spider Hope Too Many Names Shark Dragon for my water deck.

Yuya vs yusei voice actors is underway right now. on stream.

That was a good duel, no surprise who won though.

Nice beard, good jaw, voices a good character
Bald, woman jaw, fag voice,voices shit character

Why is he so fun to use with Exod Flame/Obliterate and not the Instant Win?

By the by, if you people are having trouble with Treatoad in YGOPro/DevPro, They cannot respond to Dragodeus's Pendulum effect. So it's pretty effective even with a shit amount of attack, just need to be above 1100.

How are you even able to play Exodia long enough to get one out before your opponent bails? Also, can you post your deck?

No clue, but considering Monarchs exists, which are much worse by the by. I don't think they mind it too much.

My deck is pretty shit though, I abhor Burning Abyss, Lightsworns and almost every self-mill based deck with a passion for some reason and tend not to focus on shit like that. So Instead I made a pendulum focused deck. Intended for Single duels but I had most success with Tag duels where the partner massively appreciates the bounce support.

Daigusto Emeral MVP for Exod Flame/Obliterate fuel too.

Out of curiosity, why don't you use Where Arf Thou?

…Fuck. I knew there was something I was missing.

I miss my exodia deck, i hate how almost every single card in it was axed.

where are people playing Goats online now that DN is down?

ygopro/devpro
why weren't you playing those to begin with?

because the two most active Goats communities I know of were using DN and YGOPro is buggy?

I really miss Chicken Game. It was a truly degenerate card but at the same time it made for some really fun plays.

People still play in goat format?

Puyo Puyo 20th Anniversary.

Even more Percy updates?

I guess it is truly not dead. We have to add a new download link though.

yeah, from what I can tell it's the most popular old format, with Edison, Dragon Ruler, and TeleDAD following far behind.

duelistgroundz.com/index.php?/topic/145347-official-goat-format-thread/&page=125

This thread has been ongoing for years.

There's groups on Facechan too but you have to try and find one that isn't full of faggots.

pic related, the last deck I was playtesting as a slightly more aggressive version of Kris Perovic's 2014 DGZ War League winning deck.

It'd be cool to find a big playerbase that does Exarion + CRV Goats or Exarionless Goats. The weird Exarion Goats format predominates.

CHOO CHOO MOTHER FUCKER
Konami has finally pulled its hand out of its ass and is releasing most of the rank 10 train cards over in America and Europe in Dragons of Legend 3 : Unleashed and The Dark Illusion

My nigger

current deck. Yes it is shit, and yes, I don't understand anything to pendulum

this my deck atm
the seven sins in the main deck is supposed to be gospel of revival (ygo pro bug on linux)

Don't worry, no one that actually likes the game plays pendulum.

Also, can someone please explain this new banlist fuckery to me? Haven't played in a while and I have no idea what's going on.

Are there any download mirrors for YGOPro? I'd like something to visualise deck lists now that DN is down. Don't bother suggesting DevPro, that thing is a piece of shit on the off chance I want to duel and not just deck build.

I'd guess playing against the new support isn't as frustrating as watching your opponent play 30 Spell Cards in one turn.

Generally speaking, a deck has to be built around Pendulum Summoning if you want to use the mechanic.

Be more specific than "banlist fuckery", because that's been going on forever.

ygopro.us/

I am pretty sure Salvation is not Percy.

Even though it is continues to be updated it seems like a lot of people already have left Percy.

to be fair I literally just started online dueling shit and I have no idea what I'm doing

I have it in my head that Salvation and Dawn of a New Era are both worse than DevPro, but I don't remember why I think that about Salvation. I know that TDoaNE didn't (maybe still doesn't) handle extra Normal Summon effects properly.

I know there was a point in time where Percy and DevPro were the only versions worth using, and even back then DevPro was a joke.

Thanks for trying, but I guess I'm too nitpicky.

Blue Eyes is Fun

Isn't Dawn of a New Era the old Kaiba Corporation game with similar to YGOPro's UI (in some aspects), but still being manual? I was never much into Salvation because it seemed pretty much dead. I know it was used for testing new card scripts that ended up in Percy anyway, but less buggy.

Thanks for making the thread for me. I was tired due to work but here I go

Yu-Gi-Oh! Thread YOU CAN'T KILL ME MOTHERFUCKER EDITION

Where to play Yu-Gi-Oh!

For online: YGO
ygopro.co/Downloadmembers.aspx

For story: Tag Force games on PSP
nicoblog.org/psp/yu-gi-oh-arc-v-tag-force-special-jpn/ (Has "We tried to be funny le xD" translation so be warned)

ygorganization.com/

yugioh-card.com/en/limited/

Try the OCG banlist to mix things up.
yugioh-card.com/ph/event/rules_guides/forbidden_cardlist.php?list=201604&lang=en

Some decklist
ygorganization.com/category/decklists/ocg-decklist/

How to get better
youtube.com/watch?v=adVDxsmjWIM
youtube.com/watch?v=hcn0JID76n8

Testing cards
youtube.com/watch?v=DTUsLmEg2U8

youtube.com/channel/UCsVykoz6jrElTKyceZXGe5g
youtube.com/channel/UCBN9XqkKuLKPZgFRfZ8-fhA

UPCOMING GAMES

yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Yu-Gi-Oh!_Duel_Links

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters Saikyo Card Battle
yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Yu-Gi-Oh!_Duel_Monsters_Saikyo_Card_Battle

Salvation got a bump in the userbase since DN and ygopro died off, so there's people to play now there.

Percy is actually still alive and it is getting updates, so it is very stupid that people left.

We're here for you user. We'll be your friends and speaking of that I was wondering if you guys would like a tourney? I don't know how to run/ stream one though so maybe a better mind than mine can do it. Also they fucking didn't show finals because the tourney run for too long, that is unacceptable.

Because "Synchro Shogun!"

My niggers. The fucking $50 Knight Express Knight is getting reprinted in the august set

ygopro is still alive. It just updated and I played a duel. Also here is my TCG D/D/D, I have to make due with Konami is giving me and it is decent.

Will the west see a realease of the the New 3ds game?

TDoaNE is done by Kaiba Corporation. I learned about it by running across YouTube videos of some guy trying to get a Horakhty FTK. He had two videos of TDoaNE letting him use Gem-Knight Seraphinite's effect twice in a turn (Seraphinite says "You can only gain this effect once per turn"), and he didn't know it was wrong because the automated program let him do it.

Are any mirrors still up for Percy?

I could make an archive of my game and upload it somewhere. I think it should be enough.

Isn't there like 4-5 banlists now seperated by generation? How's that work?

That was only for a irl side tourney.

mega.nz/#!D993EDoQ!XexiJaftNnlwII9dTe05ETEdzI4wTwQ-zMLh4BTQeVY

Here is a Percy link.

Thanks fam. I want to brainstorm for the new Metalfoes/Metalphosis monsters and seeing everything laid out like a DN/YGOPro decklist helps me think.

Damn though, the search function is so sad compared to DN.

They are a really good pendulum engine. Fortune ladies work nice with them.

Patrician AS FUCK

Another faggot who plays Toons.
Good luck.

That deck is impossible to compete with.
Pic related is the absolute best I could come up with

my brother and me bought some cards years ago and i bought more cards in a second hand store.
any guides i need to read to make a non retarded deck?

see

BUMP

so how is it?
also how many of you faggots have registered in the mobile game?

Saikyo is shit, and so is the mobile game. I didn't register for it and deleted after a few duels.

i was expecting the mobile game to be shit, but not the gameboy game.

It's a free to play game with only 700 cards, micro-transactions, and neutered game play.

I registered in a mobile game (idk how many there are) specifically because I won a Facebook contest where the prize was cards in the mobile game. My entry was literally a joke that they liked.

vols are asleep, post some lewd cards

everyone got ridiculously good between february and now. its probably because i dont run meta decks
see whos laughing when they start limiting kozmo and yz cards

as in yang zing? that's not going to happen user.

wow ur so good kid

check em

what's wrong with twin twist and maxx c?

user, what the fuck

check my d/d/d deck
got my second dark law today
not sure if i should put big eye instead of one of the caesar xyz

what would happen if they changed the rule to:
"you cant repeat cards"

the market would collapse

yugioh highlander is shit, 90% of decks would die out

Here's a challenge for deckbuilders:
Make a deck designed to wreck XYZ and Pendulum decks, without using Pendulum or XYZ cards within itself. (You can use pendulum cards or cards that have "pendulum" in their name or desc. so long as they never have to enter the pendulum zones.)

Bonus points to anyone that makes a viable fusion deck

qliphort demise

fucked up, meant yosenju demise

Monarchs

you're welcome

Almost forgot Shaddoll, but they've been shit on by the banlist and they play best with Xyz Monsters

scrub shit

anything that prevents special summoning lol….

monarchs i guess

go win some tournaments if your so good

your deck a shit, go play metalphosis instead. it's all fire normal monster fusion, but it's actually decent.

you'd lose like everyone else when i pull first of the dragons turn 1

come at me right now fgt

You know what to do, user, IT IS TIME TO DUEL

i'm hosting on US ygopro. name is checksum, pw is rage.

Nice comeback boyo, you sure showed me.

I am not the user you should be battling, I am just raising the fire
You want to fight c0a2a1

yeah, i know, i'm just making the game open to spectate

i got a doctors appointment at 4:30.
i dont really want to play someone who i just showed my full deck too anyway

Wow, what a pussy-ass, ugly-ass, stanky-ass, bitch-ass nigga.

thats one of the worst pub decks ive ever seen
lol at the maxx-c dante xyz
people prescribed adderall have to go to the doctor once a month now

dante for ghost cherries, dumbass, it's in the side. and if it's so shit, then why don't you prove it, double nigger

i'll be back later
im not playing a kaiju deck

I've got other shit to do tonight, not going to hang around for this faggot. i'll kick his teeth in tomorrow or some shit

EU YgoPro
Name: Loony
PW: Rage

Come fight me fgts

This has to be bait

Chicken shit.

checked

don't take the bait, user

using a diff deck
fight me

bump

Maybe he had a coulrophobia.

I wish I was 10 again when times were simpler.

The game was always intended for 13+. It is just that Jews decided to market it for 6-year-olds in the West. I am sorry that you never grew up.

BUMP

concept makes me rock hard, need to figure out how to deliver

I think you mean Herald of Ultimateness. Don't forget Archlord Kristya either.

As someone who doesn't keep up with the metas and only picks archetypes that have nice art or styles, or have some silly gimmick, is running a Roid or EleHERO deck still viable? Are there any Synchro/Xyz/Pendulum decks that are actually fun to play, win or lose?

Oh, and:

Roids were never viable
Elemental HERO is at a similar power level from when they were tournament viable, but they've been left behind by power creep
Most Synchro decks do big combos that are fun and challenging to pilot but frustrating for casual opponents
DevPro is and always has been shit

Anyone trying out the new D-Hero stuff?
It has good synergy with form change, because the new fusions are level 6 and 8…..

Cant wait to see the rest of the D hero stuff.

One of the new D-Hero Fusion dumps a D-Hero from deck to grave and is level 6. Time for Beatrice shenanigans.

What uses can you see? Only use I can see is deadlyguy < discard and mill malicious < special malicious < beatrice < mill shadowmist < get search < special malicious

Roids were never viable, but they were always funny.

Any other fun decks? Whether that means mechanics, bullshit like summoning 5 things at once or just cool art.

I like Green Lightsworns/Sylvans

Excavating and spamming the shit out of lonefires is fun and the deck is pretty good when not fighting tier 1.

If you like hero, MASK HERO is the only good version, Destiny might be good in a month or so.

I've had some mild success running a toon deck recently. It somehow works kinda well against the meta, though the success rate is usually about 1/4 against me.
Here's my deck. Anyone got any suggestions to optimise it?

I can always appreciate scrub shit that you do because it's funny and not because it's good.

Fun is subjective, so it's difficult for me to answer that. Crystal Beasts are interesting (but bad), and Crystal Abundance is one of the most rage-inducing cards in all of Yugioh.

If you want to actually make a more efficient deck, get rid of the Normal Monsters, Manga Ryu-Ran, and Blue-Eyes Toon Dragon. I don't know what anything else does off the top of my head, but those monsters are especially bad because they don't advance your position in any noticeable way. If you have any cards where you draw them and think "I wish this was something else", get rid of those too.

why two shadow toon but one mimicat?
why the normal monsters?
why two attack goblins but only two gemini?
why no raigeki?
why two toon worlds but no terraforming?
why all the boss monsters you can't really special summon but only 2 cyber dragons and 2 red eyes, which could be used to summon a few key toon monsters?
why 2 toon briefcases but only 2 solemns and 2 call of the haunteds with 2 toon masks?
why only 1 mermaid when it's your easiest ss condition?
use scrutiny on what cards you need and what cards you don't need, and also try to work in techs and utility that doesn't hinge entirely on toon kingdom/world
I threw something together that should have several options for wincons and flow nicely but it's untested so don't take my word for it
pic is actually outdated now, added 2x terraforming and dropped 1x mimicat, 1x toon defense (bog spirit does this for me)
this further improved consistency albeit with some extra chance to brick

I will never get another win with this deck but yeah, it worked OK

can't read those extras

Good, i always wanted a game translated by 4kids 4konami.

From left to right
Star Eater
Ascension the Sky Dragon (IMO you should also consider Leo, the Keeper of the Sacred Tree)
Goyo Guardian
Coral Dragon x2
Number S39: Utopia the Lightning
Dark Rebellion Dragon
Number 39: Utopia
Number 101: Silent Honor Ark (IMO replace this with Heartlandraco or something)
Castel, Skyblaster Musketeer x2
Diamond Dire Wolf
Steelswarm Roach
Daigusto Emeral
Gagaga Cowboy

I agree because YGOPRO breaks whenever I try to use ascension as intended, Coral Dragon is the tuner I use for making it, so I get draw retention/removal out of it
Ascension is just a wall that turns back into useful cards but as long as it's present my opponent can't butcher my useful cards and/or attack me, and netdeck lolotk don't run bouncing

WE GOAT FORMAT BOYS

What's the point of running a toon deck if its not toon-y?

You said you wanted to win more and he tried to deliver on that.

because it increases winrate and toon effects can help achieve this. mimicat and card stealing and you can lock-down enemy's levels fours in xyzs, toon mermaid's entire existence, and all this searching, it's a blast
there's no reason to not have an extra deck you can use, even if it's just castel, silent honor, and utopia
updated decklist, verdict's still out on if it's really better but theoretically it's more consistent

Is there something about the current meta I don't know that makes SH Ark not shit compared to a second Castel?

lockdown, it doesn't return the card to be easily searched by the infinite searcher works of modern archetypes, they have to at least kill it first
bypasses, multiple trigger effects that can activate in reaction to castel cannot activate against silent honor due to higher priority and the way it targets
these two reasons are enough to at least have one benched, normally you wont need it but it's good to have
usually you see it used commonly with cxyz or overlay support cards where it can run up 2, or more, where castel would still be a material short
the logic isn't too far off to question why you would have dire doggy in a non-beast deck but it has niche uses and backrow destruction that you might want instead of castel's effect

here's an example, too
you're facing the top tier odd-eyes meme deck and you really really don't want to have to deal with an absolute dragon or rebellion dragon so you want to pop the odd eyes they summoned as a beater. it can't go to the extra-deck grave or he calls it back via pendulum and it can't go to the deck because he'll use sky iris to call it back and pendulum it
if you remove the pendulums or sky iris he uses the stupid draw power and effects to call up more of them or summon out new cards, and you don't have a twin twister anyway
dropping a silent honor and walling off the intermediate piddlyshit is a good solution for this sort of situation that may delay an extra deck summon by a turn or two and force them to use removal effects, by which point you would need and potentially have a castel
it's just another situationaly useful card that you take because why not

Last time I played (right after the adjusted list was announced) decks did more GY recursion than searching, and returning a monster to the deck usually meant that it was gone for longer than if it went to the Graveyard. What happened to change that trend?

This is one of the stupidest things I've ever seen in a Yugioh thread, and I used to stop by /a/ threads.

Both S H Ark and Castel say
There's no difference in priority or "how it targets", only what targets are allowed.

I disagree. Diamond Dire can target cards that Castel can't (specifically, face-down cards), while S H Ark can only target a subset of Castel's targets.

People run two castels because he can target any other faceup card where shark can only target face up attack monsters which is bad now because of kozmo. So thats why people have been running two castel or utopia ray just to give the Utopia the lightin more materials. Thats the reason people dont run targeting cards like compulse and fiendish chain.

checked
Take out the 3 toon mask for 2 solemn strikes and and sandstorm mirror force. Take out rippling and breifcase for another sandstorm and a battle fader. Here's my attempt i forgot to put sword of the seven stars though

konami released a horde of searchers and pendulums reduced the importance of calling from the grave
off the cusp I came up with a situation here where this would be relevant, it's not too hard. just a reason to have one on your extra deck instead of duplicate castel since the toon deck can't field shitloads of level 4's anyhow
it is, I've gone through the rulings and corrected my thinking. I was under the impression silent honor was spell speed 2 (quick effect) and not 1, which wasn't the case
I don't use the card with enough frequency to have had that come up because situations where I want it over castel ARE niche
but the effect it has on them is different
both are removal and Castel's removal is usually stronger, however certain archetypes have great amounts of deck searching and draw and run smaller and smaller amounts of key boss monsters because they can bring them back with brain-numbing ease
SH can in some cases forestall with greater strength than Castel and that's why I ran it in the extra deck.
as of yet running that toon deck I haven't run into a scenario where I would need 2 castels or could even field them in any case

Nigga why is your background Taylor Swift?

What the fuck is this post? user your among friends, you don't need to try and look like a pro.

Why not?

Blue-eyes and Monarchs use the grave all the time

You don't wait for the situation to change your thinking, yugioh is all about thinking ahead even if it's a turn, 3 turns, or a match ahead.

A friend wants to play alt wincon and doesn't want to bother with ponying up the $50 for a playset of Card of Demise. I told him to try Balance of Judgment instead, what do you guys think?

Yes I tried to dissuade him from it, before anyone asks

a plausible situation that has happened at least once and where silent honor would have more potential for delay and disruption than castel, I didn't even have to search hard or cherrypick to find it too. I just went to yugiohtopdecks or whatever it's called, clicked on the first deck in the list, and wrote out a scenario based on that
the argument is if an extraneous second castel is better than a silent honor which I keep saying is only there for niche situations, and yes, that is a niche situation
frankly the nitpick second castel shit is more posturing than anything I've posted, and I've explained quite clearly why shark is there and even admitted that one of two reasons was wrong
the other one has not been refuted in any way shape or form

wrong, you're misconstruing the point entirely
castel is a top tier card worth playing, but in a deck with only moderate summon power and very little longevity, running two of them instead of having the option of locking down a card in a different manner is frivolous

Since Saikyo is DOA, should I get ZEXAL World Duel Carnival? It has at least 5800 cards, apparently, which should be enough to get comfy on handheld.

Balance is ok but a bit too slow. You want to draw cards on your turn, and these days you can lose in a turn. Remember it's alwasy speed over recovery and CoD is faster.

Yes. I have it and its nice overall.

I'll give you that. Toons have cards that don't work together, they just have toon in the name. Toon Dark magician and Toon Red-Eyes are the only cards that help the deck. The way to play toons now is DM toons or Red-Eyes toons. Here's what I came up with.

I know that targeting is bad. As soon as Castel was released, people dropped S H Ark. I'm asking what changed that the other guy thinks S H Ark is worth the slot over a second Castel.

I'm sorry, but my main takeaway from this discussion has been that S H Ark is only useful at low levels of play. The deck you've just described is flawed, to say the least; in a format where Raigeki is reasonable enough that everybody gets one, most decks should be able to either defend or rebuild field presence.

The situation you described earlier is not only incedibly specific, but also relies on flawed deck building. If this Odd-Eyes monster is so good threatening that it's safer to use S H Ark instead of Castel, why not have multiple copies in the Main Deck?

Is it possible to use both Toon DM and Red-Eyes Toon or are the engines to summon them too exclusive?

The engines are exclusive only to them. You CAN run both but, it's an uphill battle with bricking and not being able to attack when they are dropped so it's easier to just run them as if they're boss monsters.
Also take out the sandstorm. It messes up their effect where they can only attack directly because the monster is facedown and it doesn't count. use regular mirror force or air force.

Any tips or suggestions, fam?

Needs more Ultimaya and methods to get Ultimaya out.

How would I even squeeze in Ultimaya Tzolkin?

I suggest a rope.

What do you think about what I said in the other thread?

Main deck a heavy slump. People WILL maxx c you and get draws for days. Try to keep drawing as well with Hyper, formula, and change warrior. Also replace Santa claws with Gameciel Kaiju

Yeah, a guy we met at locals suggested this although I couldn't remember the name.

As for Santa Claws over Gameciel, the kiddo is cheap so he went with Santa Claws, in an ideal price range he'd have Gameciel since the thing can be in attack and allow for the OTK through Crystal.

Thank you for your suggestions, I've applied the changes.

MORE CIRCLE JERKING

The normal summon is very strong in this deck. It's either an instant Librarian and Formula or finishes the bord lock with a Herald of Arc Light.

It's Stardust Charge Warrior, and it allows for a draw upon it's Synchro Summon, it's technically the fourth Formula Synchron without being a tuner.

They pull their own weight very well since it helps save the normal summon for the synchro summon of Herald instead.

Level 6 Quickdraw target that helps out going into Crystal Wing with ease.

It helps with the Draw power since this deck needs as much of it as possible.

A brief history of the deck. We started off with Chicken Games, Pseudo-Space, Upstart Goblins, so it'd be roughly a 31 card deck (28 if you included the Terraformings which were included since they had 6 viable targets), but after Chicken Game got hit to 0 and Upstart was limited to 1, we resorted to a Lightsworn Engine with 3 Luminas, 3 Minervas, and 2 Raiden's and their search and draw enginge, but this proved to be too inconsistent so we cut it down to 2 Lumina's, 1 Raiden, and 2 Charge, but even then it was bad.

So now we're here with something slightly more reliable without having to have specific cards to net 2 draws.

He tends to be less live than Dandy or Glow-Up. If I pitch him for Quickdraw, he just sits there in the grave for a while. We could try to squeeze him in though.

Synchron Explorer requires a Synchron monster to be in the graveyard, while that sounds ideal, most of the time I'd rather just use Junk Synchron and have a Level 1 tuner in the graveyard since he's still a tuner and a gateway to T.G>Formula> +X plays when I have Doppel in hand.

DUMP

Why does literally no one run with U.A decks? They came out and got kinda popular, but then dropped off the face of the planet. The archetype seems like a pretty decent non-extra deck reliant deck, allowing you to play some lockdown stuff with it.

If I had to guess, Solemn Strike killed them. The last time I looked into U.A. (admittedly, might be before the last wave of support) they were reliant on level 5+ monsters that can't be Special Summoned without already having field presence. They didn't have recovery the way other decks did, so one Solemn Strike could completely undo 2-3 turns worth of setup.

Yeah, but then you could play cards like feast of the wild lvl 5 and Mischief of the Gnomes that let you get stuff out. not to mention the amount of search power these guys get. And their lack of dependence on the extra deck lets you run shit like vanity Grisaille Prison ect.

There was a period during which it was easy to nuke people with them. But it was just a moment.

They were good. The Malfic Cyber dragon build was nice. Had a 4000 beater to stall while you drew into your power jersey but now they're just too slow. They need more support bad.

Speaking of support, there's some coming out for Ritual Beast.

They look good on paper and they can still be explosive, but they brick harder than Monarchs (even IF they have 7+ functional copies of Midfielder at any one time) and have no recovery plays beyond Feast of the Wild Level 5. Even during their heyday where they had 3 ROTA and 3 Upstart, they only got Top 32 once at a single Regional.

What they need is another monster that's Level 4 or lower, and a way to come back when a nastily timed Strike ruins their day. Even then they won't be great, but it'll do a shitload for them.

This guys play like the GB, right?
Are they fun?

Likely because they're one of the least fun decks in the entire game. All you do is watch your opponent jerk himself into the attacking one on his turn and then the negating one for your turn.

Nah, they're just another broken deck.

The new episode was very enjoyable.

Mischief of the Gnomes will only let you Normal Summon at most 9 monsters, including the one that's already level 4) Even if Mischief of the Gnomes were guaranteed to let you Normal Summon on your next turn, a deck with poor field presence like U.A. can't just wait a turn to let their opponent do whatever they want.

Also, I just realised that U.A. has difficulty protecting itself from Monarch or Kozmo bullshit on their turn, which is a problem when Monarch and Kozmo are the best/most popular decks right now.

Ritual Beasts play like the guy who designed Infernity heard about Gladiator Beast Gyzarus and thought "that's cool". GB are a proactive deck with furries, and are pretty stun-oriented. Ritual Beast are a reactive deck with moeshit, and focus on combos even though they can do stun. I can go into more detail if you'd like.

Poor field presence? You can lock down someone if you have the right combo of cards on the field. Not to emntion UA's only need 1 turn to 1-shot your opponent.

Go on, please

Not him but from my experience with them Ritual beast do a lot tagging out, that mixed with steeds can make you opponent have to tip toe around your monsters and backrow. Try them out.

They do the same thing GB do just faster and have good support. What are you talking about?

It was. It's been pretty good so far, hopefully they don't fuck it up.

Steeds doesn't target by the way.

That's not what field presence means. Within the archetype, U.A. only have two cards that can put a monster on the field on turn 1: Midfielder and Signing Deal. U.A. only have two effects that put monsters onto the field faster than your Normal Summon every turn: Rebounder and Signing Deal, and you need Midfielder or something like Call of the Haunted to even use Rebounder's effect. Feast of the Wild LV5 does both like Signing Deal does, but that -1 is a big deal when you get control by discard cards from your hand. U.A. has no floating effects, and the only recursion is Rebounder.

Not that U.A. can't establish a strong monster-based position, but it takes them a lot longer to get there than other decks.

Ritual Beasts and Gladiator Beasts both share the base concept of toolboxing your contact fusions and contact fusion material, but how they do that and what they do afterward diverges. RB main deck monsters are divided into two groups: beasts and tamers. Four of the tamers Summon other RB monsters when they're Normal Summoned. All of the beasts banish RB cards as cost or effect. All of the Fusion Monsters except Gaiapelio are summoned by banishing any beast+tamer pair, and share an effect to tag out and get back a banished pair.

Before getting b&, Ritual Beasts would play defense while looping Ulti-Cannahawk, Cannahawk, and Apelio to set up their back row and banished cards for a big push. Rampengu's effect can sub for Cannahawk's, but it's not ideal. Right now, RB doesn't do anything, because Ulti-Cannahawk is limited when it used to be a minimum 2-of, usually 3-of.

Any other suggestions or does the deck look solid as is for what it CAN be currently?

I was thinking about Spore but no one really stays around long enough to see me go full ham to even make it useful so I'm thinking just keeping Desires at 3.

Also, I'm here to shill Birds on behalf of my bird brain friends.

I'm still trying to figure out how to build a new deck. I love playing battlin' boxers, but I'd really like to try something new. After watching the arc-v anime, fusion seems pretty rad. Although Xyz shokan is pretty damn cool too. Got any recommendations for fusion or Xyz? I'm down with synchros too.

I'm just trying to figure out how this deckbuilding shit works.

Fusion decks that are ok right now are Luna Lights and Fluffals but, you can give E-Heroes and Melodious a try. Best xyz deck would be Burning Abyss mixed with Phantom Knights for rank 3,4 and 6 plays.

It does nothing?
That sucks
I just wish they made new support for the Glads

Ritual Beasts can still compete, the problem is the overtime.

This deck literally gets nothing done except establish a strong board that might not get you the win because you're looping around for a solid 10-20 minutes making sure you can LEGALLY perform that next move.

Even with Ulti-Cannahawk at one the deck cheeses as the apex of good.

Not nothing nothing, but Ulti-Cannahawk was central to everything that Ritual Beasts want to do.

How the fuck do you spend 10 minutes a turn looping when everything in your deck can only be Special Summoned once per turn?

You sit there and you do your combos and pause and think about what you'll need for the match-up your playing against since it's very swiss army knife-esque and doing plays on your opponents turn to help keep you from exhausting resources on yours.

Any advice on what cards to buy? I'm thinking about buying a box of shining victories or the new movie pack.

And this is why people should be forced to play with timers in tournament play, no one wants to watch or play against that shit because of how long it takes.

I'm sorry, I have a hard time seeing how turns take longer when the loop has had restrictions put in.

Don't buy from CoreTCG. One of their people, Jason Grabher-Meyer, came out in really strong support of Geordie Tait's "gas the gators" Facebook rant.
Troll and Toad has a reputation for canceling orders if prices spike because of new spoilers.
Alter Reality Games is in some sort of slap fight with Konami, IMO because ARG handles Yugioh better than Konami handles anything and Konami got jealous.

Just for clarification, people are forced to play with timers during tournaments. Around 2012, there were two Gishki decks specifically designed to take advantage of infinite loops. After jerking themselves off for 40 minutes, they change the loop to win by deck out. The way that tournaments work, a game 1 win after time means that you win the entire match.

Guess i know what that card he wanted was.

The movie pack is nothing but nostalgia bait. The only thing worth something is Alternative Eyes.

Don't buy either. Shining victories and the movie pack is just blue-eyes support. If you want to get cards to trade or new cards I say buy The Dark Illusion. It has Metalfoes, Pot of Desires, rank 10 trains and the new Spyral and Subterror archetypes. Here's the full list.

yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/The_Dark_Illusion

He is just trying to get the magicians for an oddeyes deck since he bought the new dragon one to use against my Ghosricks deck and after that was "too competitive for him" my hyper casual buster blader deck completely locked him down too so now he thinks magicians is the way to beat me.

You'll have no trouble. The magician deck by itself is ok but it becomes a pain when mixed with Majespecters. The main one which is Raccoon is $30 and is a three of. Also did he only buy one of the felgrand deck?

Thanks for the heads-up, but I will probably buy a box locally unless i can get a decent discount online.

I want to make the blue blue eyes deck so that's the major key point of wanting to buy them. They also have a fair bit of trade bait and cash cards. But you are right, a box of Dark illusion would be a good buy. Especially if a pot of desires was pulled, it will likely sell for more than the box.

Yep. And against a BB deck with the BB fusion and Buster Dragon synchro out by turn 3 he couldnt do anything.

Send your friend to a psychiatrist for a diagnosis.

There are lots of different "Magician" monsters and user's friend is probably going for the fruit/candy stuff from the movie packs.

Never buy boxes for cash cards. You won't break even unless you're spending $1000s at a time.

The Dark Magician support cards mix well with RA, no?
I want to make one but I am not sure it would work.

I'm not buying a box to get cash cards, I'm buying a box to get a few cards that i want and some trade bait. Cash cards are just a bonus.

fucking payed for so many vidya in the summer sales.

Noice m8 but,

no psn, fucking £4 for metro redux colection is a steal, and paid the same for remake, £7 for MGSV and so on.
it was a pretty good sale for console plebs.

Noice m8 but,
I'm partly joking but home-brewing my ps3 was one of the best decisions I've ever made

redux is the rebuilds on PS4, looks fucking amazing, better than my toaster can run it.

Also interesting that they add little teasers in 2033 to set up stuff in last light retroactively. Right from the opening you are seeing the proto spiders.

Finally Reiji is back in the Annie May. Hopefully we'll see some new D/D/D's soon. Also 3 new DDD cards come out next set.

Hey anons could you tell me what this card is? It was in my dark world deck bit since it's been so long since I've used it I have forgotten it's name and effect.

I'm still trying to find a way to work my Blue Eyes deck around the new Felgrand cards. It suits my deck and playstyle but I'm shit and can't seem to make it work right with 40 card limit

I've always played yugioh casually with some cards with my brother and some games, so I have no idea of the competitive game.

How are the Six Samurai decks nowadays? I remember kicking some serious ass with their syncro summon and it effect to basically negate anything once per turn. I also loved the Gusto decks, they were kinda shit but it was super fun to throw your cards in ALLHU AKBAR attacks

six sams are still dead because they've had literally no support in ages aside from shi en going to 3
and even if he is at 3, it doesn't really help when you don't get your monsters on the field fast enough
i still don't get why they haven't brought gateway back, when there's shit way worse than it out and in the meta

bruh, never buy boosters/tins/boxes, that's just falling for konami's gambling trap
get singles from people, specifically get what you need to make your deck
i'm in a group of around 300 people from my country and trading/buying/selling here is really easy at reasonable prices. and everything usually arrives in only a day, with insignificant transport fees

Looks like a Korean Yu-Gi-Oh! card. I hope that helps.

Just because Blue-Eyes and Felgrand are both centered around dragons (hell, dragons in the Graveyard even) doesn't mean that they mix well. The Blue-Eyes stuff only supports itself, meaning you'll be ignoring half your deck more often than not.

The card that made Six Samurai strong is b&, and Gusto are in a horrible meta position because non-destruction removal is so common.

Buying single boosters are the trap. If there is quite a few cards you want from a set its a good deal.

Thanx m8 ;

Eh, I think just two Felgrand work, that being said I am not a good deck builder so, there is that.

I know they don't blend too well in 40 card limit, I play 60 card at my local shop and it works pretty good, it isn't outstanding, but it can stack up to most current meta decks. The problem is I can't seem to work it in 40 card limit, granted it's a lost cause so standard Blue Eyes is how i'll probably stay for now

The only thing that you can put into a Blue-Eyes deck from the Felgrand deck is Gospel of Revival (fuck it's American name) But, you can put a lot of the blue-eyes cards into the felgrand deck and make it work.

How? I mean, you could say something like New of Revival or something that is close to gospel in meaning. Like that sucks

The absolute madman

Why is Kozmos allowed to exists?

checked
They're banned at Worlds at least. Either Blue-eyes or Monarchs will win.
drive.google.com/file/d/0B756-kFK5JKXQm02SzdkanZHdjQ/view?pref=2&pli=1

OK, been out of the game long enough and a buddy of mine made these two decks for me to use…what do?

Honestly ditch the neos deck, its a pretty shit archetype since no field spell and the decks dead and most deck pack at least 2 twin twisters or mst, go for Gladiator beast if you want something with contact fusion that is actually good or a rainbow neos deck if you just like neos and e-heros

What should I use to special summon banished monsters and/or return them to my hand?
The deck I currently run has an unfortunate side effect of banishing a lot of my own cards.

Not use them. Here's masked heroes that got top 8

What deck are you playing? If it's Psychic I can help easily.

Gladiator Beasts? Alright, thanks user.

checked
GB can still sorta hold their own and has a nice trap card (Chariot). When you get the hang of them and learn more move up to Ritual Beast.

Ritual Beasts are like Gladiators, yes?

Yes they contact fuse but, you have to set up more with RB than GB. Also see >>10138628 for their best trap. You make a fusion or two and wait for your oppoent to over extend with monsters then you defuse back into monsters and flip steeds.

toon, actually

Don't play Swords of Seven stars for the draw two. Just play darkworld dealings, one day of peace or reckless greed. try to search the cards you want before you play toon kingdom. As it stands right now playing toons is like trying to ice skate uphill. This format is too fast for them and gets over their things easily while toons can't attack the turn they are summoned.Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

The only generic retrieval of banished cards is Burial From a Different Dimension. DARK monsters can use Escape from the Dark Dimension, and Fairy-Type monsters can use Miraculous Descent.

Somewhat. In addition to what said, both decks use contact fusion to toolbox their Main Deck monsters. Ritual Beasts are more combo heavy than Gladiator Beasts, meaning they're more explosive but also more susceptible to bad hands.

I strongly disagree with
The usable level 7 Toon Monsters are all DARK, so you could use Sword of Seven Stars and Allure of Darkness to combo with Escape from the Dark Dimension. Dark World Dealings and One Day of Peace both help your opponent set up or correct their hand, which exacerbates the problem of Toons being slow as shit. Reckless Greed might give you some results, but trap cards aren't the best way to accelerate slow decks.

I just realised that no currently existing cards can actually retrieve anything that's banished face-down. "Banished face down" is the new "you're never seeing this shit again" after so many decks started interacting with banished/removed from game cards.

Classic fag here. Long time since I actually played even remotely serious decks, if at all.

I'll be honest, straight by the rules Pendulum summon seems pretty broken to me, so I'm actually surprised not a whole lot of people play them here. Would be interested to hear some more about that.

I should go back and try to build a proper Dragon-type Deck with LV-Support. Thinking of going for the old-fashioned Horus Decree lockdown then, any recommendations for effect and spell counters once the lockdown is in place?

Playing with some first drafts, I noticed, that playing LV does somewhat restrict my syncro options to sprinkle in a lit bit of modern rules, but maybe I can infuse one or two monsters in there to take advantage of cards like Level Modulation once everything is in place.

Any advice?

Alright…here's my first run for a Gladiator Beast deck. Had to take a few sources but here it is, if you want to critique and insult

Well, here's my fuck-old Deck with some alterations and filling in the blanks where I forgot the details.

Not particularly strong I feel, especially with how easy it has become to get out powerful monsters and field control, but it's a classic to me and I still like playing it.

Feel free to tell me how much I suck and maybe help me spice it up a little.

Pendulum in theory is pretty broken, I guess either the current Pendulums decks are not broken or Kozmos and Monarch are simply better.

I always loved Horus, I would love to give some advice but I am not good at deckbuilding, oh Raigeki is legal now.
For magic destruction, there is twin twister, it lests you destroy 2 mage/traps cards for the price of droping a card from your hand

I forgot about Raigeki because it was forbidden for so damn long.

Current updated version only shuffled three cards around, so it doesn't really warrant a full image update.

(Reference at )

Cards dropped (one each)
- Spell Shattering Arrow (powerful against very specific decks, but too situation to warrant multiple copies)
-Element Dragon (Strong with the proper set-up but lacking on its own)
- Lightning Vortex (Replaced with Raigeki)

Cards added:
- Second copy of Royal Decree (Better draw chances and for replacement)
- Twin Twister (Added field control and option to drop a Red-Eyes for set-ups)
- Raigeki (Improved version of Lightning Vortex)

Thanks for the input, mate.

That's why I didn't want him to run seven stars and such because there's a chance he can banish his main monsters and never see them again. Like I said toons are fighting a losing battle.

That takes me back. I have to leave soon but I'll try to help you and if the thread dies I'll make a new one.

Pendulum in theory is pretty broken

In a void, Pendulum Summoning is as bad as or worse than vanilla Ritual Summoning. It requires you to have three semi-specific cards in your hand; a low scale, a high scale, and a monster whose level is between those scales. That's three semi-specific cards to put one Main Deck monster on your field, with no gain of card advantage. The inherent recursion of Pendulum Monsters can be broken by anything that gets S/T cards off the field, which has always been pretty common in Yugioh.

For perspective, here are descriptions of the only Pendulum-based decks to become notable in the TCG.
Qli has four effects on every monster, a guaranteed search for any one of their cards every turn, and synergy with continuous, field-wide effect negation.
Igknight, which didn't become meta, did almost nothing set up their Extra Deck and search at a loss.
Majespecter has a +1 search effect on every monster in the deck, and access to hard control.
Lumping Magician and Performapal variants together, PePe would reliably search 5 or 6 times on their first turn, at no loss or at a gain, and had access to most of the best Synchro and Xyz monsters in the history of Yugioh.

No other Pendulum-based decks have become notable in the TCG, unless you include Yang Zing splashing Zefra.

My recommendation is don't. Yugioh is very heavily monster-based right now; letting your opponents have monsters so Horus 6 can level up is probably going to be better for your opponent than for you. If you really want to stick with this, I highly recommend looking up deck lists for Disaster Dragon because your list is a mess of inefficient or counterproductive cards.

I don't follow. Cards that are banished face-up can still be retrieved. Only cards banished face-down by Toon Kingdom are gone forever. The nature of Toon Kingdom means that he should be using multiple copies of his main monsters anyway.

Hmm, the thing with Pendulum is, that there is no real restriction on the amount of monsters you can summon once the pendulum materials are in place.

If you can search out the right cards quickly enough, you can probably do some pretty nasty stuff with it, also with perspective on syncro.

As I said, I only looked at it from the theoretical practicalities, not necessarily at the cards that currently support it.

Anyway, the idea of my particular deck is to mix a few different approaches.

Red-Eyes support each other from the graveyard, while Level Modulation and Level Up! allow me to recover and quickly boost lower-LV monsters respectively.

And yes, I do not argue that my deck is likely inefficient, it's more about nostalgia than anything else to be honest, but I don't necessarily see the counterproductive cards you speak of.

Perhaps you could demonstrate your point a little more clearly.

You have to take into account that he might not draw or have DDR to grab them, which is easy to get around now with twin twisters. They can just pop that and kingdom. Not only that he can brick very easily. I tried to play toons and that's what made me realize that some decks just can't compete. Sure you get a win or two out of 10 or so games but, that's not really doing anything. If he's running it for fun with his friends then that's fine.

If anything you should just run a red-eyes deck. It would be more consistent.

I guess, yeah. I mean it's not as if Red-Eyes doesn't get any love and some of those combos are really strong.

My line of thinking was just, if I want to run an LV-Deck (which was the primary focus), Horus and Armed Dragon make sense because of the type-overlap and Dragon-specific support cards like Stamping Destruction.

But I also needed something that I can play somewhat consistently and fast outside of LV-monsters in case I get shot down for reasons other than special summon lockdown.

Red-Eyes seemed to fit that bill very well thanks to Red-Eyed Darkness Metal Dragon's special summon from graveyard and Darkness Dragon's ATK-scaling.

I can support that archetype with relatively few dedicated cards as a fallback strategy, though a dedicated deck is certainly not out of the question.

Here is a Red-eyes deck I just made. I'm still testing it out.

I don't quite understand why you guys post a picture of your deck list when the card quality is so bad you won't know what it is. And unless you know what this low quality grouping of pixels represent then you don't have a damn clue what you're looking at.

I post pictures because typing it out is annoying but you have a point, people might not know the cards. Also I can go into detail about choices.

Monsters
3 Red-Eyes
2 Summoned Skull
1 Darkness Metal Dragon
1 Black Flare Dragon
2 Red-Eyes Meteor Dragon
3 Protector of the shrine
3 Black metal dragon
2 Kinka-Byo
3 the black stone of legend

Spells
1 One for one
3 Red-eyes fusion
2 Gospel of revival
1 Raigeki
2 cards of the red stone
1 foolish burial
3 red-eyes insight
2 twin twister
2 Allure of darkness

Trap
3 Solemn Strike

Extra
3 Black Dragon Archfiend
2 Falling Meteor Black Dragon
2 Beast-Eyes Pendulum Dragon
2 Flare Metal Dragon
1 Number 74
1 Dracossack
2 Number 11
1 Castel
1 Dire wolf

Tips
1.I made a change with cards of the red stone because Allure is much better with this deck.
2.Only summon kinka if you have a level 1 in grave to grab it then, make Beast-eyes. 3000 beater from two level 1s.
3.Always make Black dragon archfiend first with fusion. If it doesn't get killed THEN make Falling meteor. Archfiend has a better effect.
5. I'm still on the fence with Gospel because Silver's Cry has more targets but, Gospel gives you protection. So Gospel wins.

You could post a pic and then copy paste the info from the .ydk since we likely can't upload them.
Like this for example:

#created by …
#main
#extra
!side

Ok that can work also

Top tier taste

Man I am really out of the loop because it took me quite a while to figure out that Summoned Skull was added to the Archfiend pool and treated as such.

Otherwise, that seems like a very strong deck, allowing you to either discard or recover Re-Eyes for various purposes and the Fusion options are quite scary with Red-Eyes Fusion. I like that.

Only thing I can really criticize, is that I'm not entirely sold on Cards of the Red Stone, since it seems a rather uneven trade with the current deck strategy.

Even with a bit more control on which cards will land on the graveyard, you don't have Wyvern to activate effects directly from there, so it's very dependent on follow-up cards. It's already a pretty fast deck, so 4 cards that allow you to draw additional cards might not be quite as necessary, considering that Allure of Darkness is a much better trade and fits better with the deck strategy.

Agreed. Maybe take out cards of the red stone for an upstart since you burn your opponent anyway.

I took one out for a another Kinka-byo so, I only have one cards for the red stone

This was not what I was expecting

Also one of the guys who gave me some free cards sold me pic related cards for $20

Any suggestions?

That was nice of him, Yugioh has some real assholes. This is ok but you need

2 Pendulum Call
1 Dragonpulse magician
2 Sky iris
2 Terraforming

I don't know how much money you have but to get these cards just buy 2 the Master of Pendulum structure deck which should come up to $20.

It'd be funny if Tellarknights won again, just so they ban RoTA

デーモンの召喚 (Summoned Daemon, released in English as Summon Skull) was always a デーモン (Daemon, officially titled "Archfiend" in English), the English version just didn't keep that part of the name during translation.

The ommission is completely forgivable given "Daemon" didn't have any rules baggage for like a decade or so.

Going to The Dark Illusion sneak peek today. Posting the waifu for good luck.

If you mean scales, those can be broken by:
Twintwister (which is in every main deck or side deck right now)
Kozmo Sliprider
Kozmojo
8 Monarch monsters, two of which are popular on a competitive level
Fire Lake of the Burning Abyss
Atlantean Heavy Infantry
Icarus Attack
Grapha, Dragon Lord of Dark World
Lyla, Lightsworn Sorceress
Castel, Skyblaster Musketeer
Diamond Dire Wolf

The Pendulum Summon itself is stopped by:
Domain of the True Monarchs
Solemn Notice* (a very popular card)
Solemn Warning*
Solemn Scolding*
Majespecter Tempest*
Bottomless Trap Hole*
Vanity's Emptiness

*Everything with an Asterisk won't just stop the Pendulum Summon but get rid of the monsters that tried to be Pendulum Summoned.

All of these are cards that commonly appear in the decks that made top 64 at nats, excepting BTH, Vanity's, and maybe Scolding. Scolding was a 3-of in the side for the deck that actually won Nats.

Compared to the mechanics and archetypes that already existed in Yugioh, Pendulum Summoning needs more setup for less payoff. Synchro Summoning needs one semi-specific monster and one generic monster. Xyz Summoning needs two generic monsters. Pendulum Summoning needs three semi-specific monsters.

Anything in Yugioh can do pretty nasty stuff if it sets up fast and has powerful effects. There were 6 months where the best deck in Yugioh was focused on Ritual Monsters (Nekroz) because the deck had absurd searching and draw power on top of calling back to the most powerful effects from the Synchro era. The existence of Nekroz doesn't stop Ritual Summoning from being a shitty base mechanic to work with.

Vanilla Red-Eyes, Red-Eyes Black Chick and REDD will be dead draws a majority of the time that you see them. The Armed Dragon lineup is worse than Raigeki or Dark Hole. You already figured out that Elemental Dragon is bad. Battle floaters like Masked Dragon haven't been usable since 2010 at least. Different Dimension Capsule is a bad version of Gold Sarcophagus. Level Modulation will likely lose you the duel the turn you use it because draw two for free is a huge deal for modern decks. Lightning Vortex is worse than either Dark Hole or Raigeki, and was only ever used when both cards were forbidden. Stamping Destruction is worse than Mystical Space Typhoon, Twin Twister, or Typhoon. The Graveyard in the Fourth Dimension is a pointless -1 that takes revival bait away from your REDMD. Spell-Shattering Arrow is worse than Twin Twister. Royal Decree should not be run alongside any other traps. Dark Bribe is the most notorious noob trap in all of Yugioh and has only ever been defensible in two decks at most.

Good luck, user.

I pulled Coral Dragon and won the playmat. Time to make Atlanteans!

What if I use Convulsion of Nature to flip my deck to offset the facedown banish?
Could even work as a deterrent to stop my opponent attacking as it acts like an auto-search with the other cards.

The cards will still be banished face-down.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't work that way.

REDMD cannot revive Armed Dragon 7, 10 or Horus 8. Graveyard allows me to reset those cards back into the deck to bring them back up with Level Up! or the respective monster's effect.

Level Modulation's effect allows it to revive even top-level LV monsters from the graveyard, since it completely disregards summoning conditions.

For Gold Sarcophagus or DDC, I was thinking safety against concealment. GS does make it fairly clear to the opponent what kind of card you're currently lacking or do need. DDC hides your card but it is less safe to play. I wanted to test these two against each other in that deck for a while, but maybe I should just go with the popular method here.

Dark Hole, similarly to Torrential Tribute, is a very situational card and Raigeki I have in as often as the rules permit me to. Lightning Vortex fulfills the need for added field control without pointlessly destroying my side of the field too.

Spell Shattering Arrow is not to deal with trap cards, since in an optimal scenario those should be under lockdown for most of the time. However, it would be a useful counter against Pendulum decks or those with a reliance on equip cards and burns some HP while it's at it.

Dark Bribe is the least situational counter against all manner of spell or trap cards I could think of. I could use Curse Of Anubis to protect the back of my field, but if my opponent uses 'Solemn' cards or Bottomless Trap Hole, that can still shut down my monsters at bad moments. Always drawing Decree first turn would be a very optimistic mindset to have and having something to counter some dangerous cards in general is useful to have until then or in case I lose my field control. If have more useful cards that actually negate card effects, I'm all ears.

I'll drop a Bribe and Stamping for now to add in another two Twin Twisters.

Post pics

Congrats. All I pulled was Premature Return. I did get some metalfoes though.

I've decided I'll pick up the new box and a bunch of singles, although i will still be buying those boxes but maybe after the price has gone down a bit. I'll be checking around craigslist for some good deals too.
I just missed out on a damn good deal because i couldn't borrow some extra cash, dude was selling his whole collection for 100$ He had stuff from LOB to Shining victories. It was a damn fine collection and I'm extremely envious of whoever was able to get it.

I feel bad now, cause I thought I had a full set of Abyssmegalo, but only had 1.

I feel retarded.

Why does everyone BUT me find these crazy craigslist deals?

To be fair out of 100+ local posts this was one of the only notable deals, almost everything else is ridiculously overpriced or a 'lot' with damaged cards wrapped in rubber bands. And even then it wasn't even in my area i would have had to of traveled about 50-75 miles to pick it up.

Everyone on CL is retarded, thinking their old shitty collections in bad condition with cards that have been reprinted 100 times is worth $200.

No one seems to understand this is NOT a collecter's game. Stuff is only pricy if its meta relevant AND rare.

That's not entirely true. Quite a lot of old cards are still valuable, albeit pretty much only the higher rarity cards.

Running Crystal Beasts, here.
This is my current deck, but I'm losing a lot.
I'd like to keep it crystal-y, but I'm fine with taking out a few S/T and adding some other cards, including XYZ and even a few synchros

So how is Percy doing when it comes to popularity now?

Always try to run 40 cards and always fill up your extra deck.

Take out:
2 hand destruction
2 crystal promise
1 mirror force
1 Over the rainbow
2 Crystal Release
1 Advance dark
2 Crystal Protector
2 Crystal hoard
1 torrental

Add:
1 Raigeki
2 Solemn Strikes
1 Solemn Warning
1 amber
1 Topaz
2 Instant fusion
1 Storming Mirror force
1 Eagle
1 Tortoise
2 Rare vaule
1 terraforming

Extra:
2 Castel
1 Number 101
2 Number 82
2 xyz dark rebellion dragon
1 Number 39
1 Number C39
1 Number S39
2 Diamond Dire Wolf
1 Grampulse
2 zenmaines

From what I see people use ygopro

I think one of us could uplaod YGOpro to mega, I mean, they are still doing updates

Already did that.

It's more complex than MTG

Is devpro better than percy? I use percy but I've been getting quite a bit of crashes and its becoming insufferable.

Yes. It's more stable.

God damn it.

So I was thinking about buying real life cards and get a couple decks I like a lot. What's the best way to do so? I should buy card by card or is better to get packs?

I went to es.yugiohcardmarket.eu/ (I'm europoor) and although they seem to have everything if you try to buy one by one you end buying from like 20 different sellers each with their own shipping prices so it ends costing like double its price.

yugiohcardmarket takes some time to find the cheapest stuff considering the variety of sellers. try browsing by seller.

also, if you're ever looking for something specific, never ever buy packs. packs are always a gamble and will usually lose you money.

so now that the new d/d/d support is out, is any of it decent and how do you use it?
i've only made use of savant thomas, although i'm always questioning whether i should pendulum zone him or summon him
nikola seems a bit useless to me
and the new contract is kind of pointless considering you can only fusion with the monster you've summoned

New threed when?

Take out the pots and slap in synchron explorer and Quillbolt. They give you more opportunities for T.G. Hyper Librarian, which is your go to play anyways unless the enemy has heavy backrow. Mind Control helps you getting out Trishula (which you should try running) and Road Warrior. Swap one Formula Synchron for Trish and one Twin Twister for Mind Control. imho that would improve your deck. Looks fun otherwise. Plaguespreader can be nice too and at the very least gives you more Allure targets besides your Level Eaters. (since you only need one Level Eater in your graveyard anyways) You should try achieving a deck in which, at least in a best case scenario, you will only normal summon your Junk Synchron. Since you already trade traps for speed.

It could be right now user. Just do it.

Better not say YGOpro is dead like the old OP did

There is an ai mode in ygopro

What said, never buy packs if you want to build a deck. Buy Singles and Ultra pro or the best one KMC sleeves. When the deck is finished and you have extra money left over, then you can get a pack or two.

Disgusting.

I know there is but it crashes too much. Also it turns out there is a ai mode but you still needed to sign in to play against it.

Don't talk shit.

Also I made a new thread with the OP but I don't know how to link it.

same way as you'd link a post

How new are you to image boards?