Hey Holla Forums

Hey Holla Forums.
I have a serious question and this goes out to all of you, personally and philosophically.

Is fun enough of a reason to enjoy a video game?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flow_(psychology)
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

gif source?

What a dumb question if you're having fun you're already enjoying it. Why would you need anything else? I have fun playing shitty games sometimes, I realize they have terrible parts but that doesn't stop me from enjoying them and having fun.

No one can answer it because it's a non-question. It's circular logic, you may as well ask if good-tasting food can be eaten for it's taste.

yes, but it doesn't mean you can't acknowledge a games flaws. i had fun with a playthrough of The Last of Us for instance. i finished it and said "yeah that wasn't bad" but i can sit back and reflect on its flaws and give an educated opinion on afterward. in that case it's realizing how padded out the game was with meaningless sections and shoddy levels

Unfortunately I don't know.

I remind you of the "fun is just a buzzword" which some autists take to heart around here.

I've seen posts of people enjoying a game, Holla Forums says something bad about it, and then they can no longer enjoy it.

Does that detract from your experience?

Yes. Are you fucking mental? If you're having fun with a game, what exactly is the issue?

Yes, obviously.

it detracts from future experiences, once you realize tricks like padding and false gameplay you don't fall for them again, and you're less likely to play the games with those tricks in them another time

Yeah I think so.

Yes.

Only if said game is Holla Forums approved. Otherwise, you're just shilling.

It's the only reason.

No. Fun is subjective. You need objective reasons to enjoy a game, like if it's good or not. People who have fun playing bad games are just fooling themselves and should probably have their rights taken away, like the right to vote. Women are the best example of that, as women play mobile and facebook and other dumb shitty games more than men do. And we all know women shouldn't be allowed to vote.

I ENJOY not having fun.

For yourself yes, otherwise no.

I'm not from Holla Forums. Holla Forums are a bunch of losers.

Is this some intentional mindfuck? Fun IS enjoyment of a game.

Fuck off with this plebbit tier meme.
>>>/plebbit/

Sometimes its fun, sometimes its the sake of completion and sometimes the competition and sense of achievement.

Games can be experiences.

"whoosh" is a reddit meme. aside from that one word, the gif is fine.
the fact remains that you completely missed some pretty fucking obvious humor.

>So plastic surgery is most definitely at play here

Look at the IDs, faggot. I got the joke, but this shit needs to go back, just like you.

What this user said.

The reason I personally love dungeon crawlers and fighting games is the sense of achievement.

Practicing those 1-frame links and mapping out that dungeon aren't inherently fun unless you're autistic, but that feeling you get when you rank up in USFIV or complete a Stratum in Etrian Odyssey feels really, REALLY good.

Are these not "fun"?

oh. my bad.
if reddit didn't use the joke, you wouldn't give two shits about it.
if reddit is so terrible, why do you give it so much power over you?

Does it matter? Is not like im gonna marry her , i only wanna fap to her. Girls as pretty as her are not likely to pay attention to a nerd with poor social skills m8

I wouldn't call it fun, I think catharsis is the right word.

Just use more reddit jokes, if it pisses some faggot here, then who cares.

i don't even particularly like the "whoosh" meme. I just like the rest of the gif.

Which are all forms of pleasure that could be considered "fun".

what are you, gay?

YES. Though it doesn't account for taste, having fun is literally enjoyment. I think you're trying to fish for "hey should I listen to other people who will determine my tastes for me"

Because you're literally asking a stupid question.

I mean fucking seriously nigger

As long as fun interpreted as satisfaction or/and enjoyment from playing, the yes.

Because in it primary meaning fun doesn't really apply to a majority of games, where shit is either pretty grim or turbo serious.

I mean shit even fucking tetris, you're just slapping blocks together, it's antithesis of fun, but it's really fucking compelling so you perceive it as "fun" in video games-specific connotation.

And yes, if you enjoy your game, that's all that matters.

Is that even a question?

Isn't that some type of fun?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flow_(psychology)

Is that a tranny?

If it's both genitalia then it's a herm you dickwad

You didn't answer my question, Pokemon fucker.

In the case of classic literature, I admit that I have to push myself through certain books if it means I learn something from them; of common conventions, writing techniques, conditions of society, whatever. Much of literature is depressing and tedious in reading. You're also very likely to encounter ideologies and ideas that are completely incompatible to your own. Regardless, I believe that coming out of one's comfort zone is an important aspect of experiencing literature, as it is in experiencing the real world.

I can't really say that I treat video games in the same manner, as I'm not a video game developer and that I play games primarily for entertainment. However, it is conceivable that there are people who play video games in the same manner that I read some literature - that is, primarily for study and regardless of enjoyment.

Does this mean that you enjoying video games only because you find them fun is somehow bad? Absolutely not. You're a free fucking person, so go do whatever you like.

I will, however, add one caveat. If supporting a video game means you perpetuate practices that harm the industry (pre-order culture, day-one dlc, micro-transactions, etc.) then posters on Holla Forums are justified in shitting on you and your enjoyment for doing so.

It's a woman. It's just that her ass is flat as fuck, so it really makes her look top-heavy. Wider-than-average shoulders to support her boob job doesn't help either.

I think I read comments somewhere on how the Japanese like their idols to have thin legs. So having a flat ass - by avoiding muscle-building exercise and undergoing extreme diet - is probably a side-effect of that. I could be wrong.

Yes, unless everything surrounding the gameplay makes it so terrible it's just a drag to go through. Like if everything is just ugly and straining on the eyes, or if the music and sound is grating, or if the plot is unbearable and the characters are completely unlikable and it has unskippable cutscenes. But at that point, it's no longer fun. Like others have said, if you think it's fun, that kinda automatically means you enjoy it. The only other reason to not play it would be some external thing with no actual bearing on the game's quality, like the developers being despicable people, the game being extremely overpriced, or bad business practices.

I had doubts mostly about the face. You can photoshop it on any Jpop male singer with spiky hair and it wouldn't look out of place.

You can say that about a lot of Asians.

And regarding the body shapes, I think the Japanese don't like their typical body composition with relatively long torso and legs being short in proportion to it. So thin thighs would make the impression of them being longer than usual. Add to that their fixation on height, which is the main factor they want in their models.

As long as it isn't a Tales Of game.