Monarchy

What do you think of the monarchy? Talking mostly in the UK, where she doesn't have huge dictatorial powers.

Do you think that it is justifiably useful to have under capitalism for its economic and 'muh culture' benefits, however bullshit the existence of a monarchy is?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kincora_Boys'_Home
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

If she can exist without taking the loads of money she does for the stupid frivolous shit she does, sure

The current monarchy is more of a benign structure, but it goes to show the depth of British ideology. Of course it should be gone.

As for monarchy in general, I used to be dead set against it, but now I see that there are instances where monarchy can be much preferable to alternatives.

I wouldn't mind a Platonic sort of monarch, at least compared to the current state of things.

Monarchy is good monarchs are not

This, crony monarchism =/= monarchism

In most european countries keeping their monarchs around it's just a pointless tourist attraction extracting about as much tax payer money as other welfare queens (not much tax payer money at all). Being vehemently for or against it is just other pointless bullshit distracting people.

I am going to start using that whenever I hear liberals criticising systems that liberalism displaced.

It is a reality show. I just want to see Elizabeth outlive Charles.

monarchs went from rulers to rich celebrities that are rich and famous for being rich and famous

They're dubious at best. No-one comes to Britain to see the Queen, or because we're a monarchy. They come to see our castles and all that nonsense, and they would do if we stopped paying for a queen.

You recognize yourself that a monarchy is a bad concept. What does it say about the culture of a country that is obsessed with ideologically prostrating itself before a hereditary ruler, even if she doesn't technically have any power? A culture that worships a monarch isn't a culture worth preserving, but a culture that sets out based on the premise that every person inside it is actually equal, regardless of birth would be one to aim for.

Of course, abolishing the monarchy won't solve all of our problems overnight, those are down to capitalism. But it would be a move worth making.

If it's true that it's a net source of revenue rather than a hole in the budget, I feel like it'd be petty of me to say it still has to go. But while the monarchy is a symbolic position, it's the symbolism itself that bothers me - it's not at all a sign of an enlightened, egalitarian society to have one family live with arbitrary luxury while millions of others are destined to poverty. This is already the case in capitalism, with inherited wealth and status, but even liberal propaganda of meritocracy blatantly contradicts the idea of a royal family.

I think they're A-okay!

someone's gotta give the knighthood away to people

you can't be english and hate the monarchy

I wish that the people of England dealt with their Monarchy the same way that the French dealt with their Monarchy.

Yeah because having an "enlightened" philosopher King and Queen would be so much better than what we have now.
Yet more proof that Rebel Absurdity has killed many of his brain cells with alcohol.

Also, I think you look fucking stupid with cat ears.

who's that? some ugly homo you found on grindr?

A pointless office that still keeps wealth concentrated in the hands of the few (one family) for no good reason at all. Just abolish it and be done with it already.

DEATH TO ALL MONARCHS
FUCK GLOBALISM
THE TREE OF LIBERTY CAN ONLY BE WATERED BY THE BLOOD OF TYRANTS

IRA AND ULSTER DEATH SQUADS IN ULSTER
REPLACE THE OLD TRADE UNIONS WITH NEW ONES
HOOLIGANS SMASHING RICH PORKIES' AND HIPSTERS' WINDOWS
MAKE THE STREETS OF LONDON RED WITH THE BLOOD OF PAKIS
ELIZABETH THE SECOND ON THE AXE NOW!

The day of the axe approaches, comrades.

Queen is scum

Hang them all

There is literally no reason to support the existence of monarchies even for non-leftists (unless you're royalty yourself) which is why supporters use retarded excuses like muh cultural heritage and muh tourism.

I can tell you're not joking

Taxes go to them so it's a waste of money. I think having a state mascot level royalty rather than a riches type is good though. Basically it would have just a figure head purely for PR.

They aren't even on the priority list.

They can exist in capitalism, but in ancomistan they'd have to join the normies.

Direct democracy national syndicalism?

Monarcho-communism is not only the sole stable, efficient, and orderly form of government but also a divinely-ordained institution.

There's (unsubstantiated) rumours that Lord Mountbatten used the same boy brothel that the MI5 and other British security agencies used to entrap Ulster Loyalist politicians and paramilitary leaders

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kincora_Boys'_Home

Honestly I refuse to believe that high-ranking ministers and politicians in the British government were abusing children and the royal family was entirely oblivious to it

Robespierre did nothing wrong

Fuck the queen

this. marxism-monarchism when

Bit shit.

it's rebel. he deserves it for being a tripcuck

Holy shit, do they brainwash Brits from a young age to love monarchy?

yeah, I also find bootlicking to be beneficial to culture.

well, Rebel is a reactionary now.

Of course.

(That's a yes.)

welfare queen.

Good thing they rejected it. She could not heat all the rooms at once. My parents do that to their 4 room house.

basically turned out the same in the end tho