Vita Thread

"BASED PQUBE" Edition

WHATCHA:

Most importantly, are you still having fun?

List for Upcoming Releases: iplaypsvita.com/upcoming-ps-vita-games-2016/

Other urls found in this thread:

playstationtrophies.org/game/demon-gaze-na-eu/trophy/83917-Muramasa.html
playstationtrophies.org/game/demon-gaze-na-eu/trophy/83918-Beyond-Muramasa.html
archive.is/t3DZD
archive.is/OnXUJ
exhentai.org/g/839997/a88574f3da/
youtube.com/watch?v=UesSdrRwMio
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for titty weapons

Second for Benis

SAO Lost Song, a little Risk of Rain, and I'm trying to get back into ZTD

PQube to give us UPPERS too. I wouldn't be surprised if they had it up their sleeves, since they admitted they've been working on Valkyrie Drive for a while now. It'd be nice if Bamco changed their minds about SAO Hollow Realization's North American release being digital-only on Vita, but we all know that's not gonna happen.

Not much of anything yet. Can't get the brakes fixed until at least Monday, so I can't spend any money until I know how much I'm gonna get gouged. All these upcoming releases too, augh.

Any news on when they gonna localize Berserk game? A release date would be nice

nothing yet. Japan gets it September 21st. No known dates for NA or EU, but it was confirmed that we WILL be getting the game. So far, the only known playable characters are Guts, Griffith, Casca, and Judeau.

FAT
DEPRESSIVES
that other dude shit the last thread up far better then I did
I don't think he was trolling though. Fucking sad.

That guy was the fat depressive.

I pity you guys, it must be sad to face the truth. That Sony dropped the Vita.

I want to think he was trolling, I can't imagine somebody being that autistic.

Can't you just post your autism on cuckchan?

Who cares as long as Spike Chunsoft is supporting it

Fucking hell, when are they gonna open for pre-order

m8 cuckchan isn't even autism anymore. It's just edgy normalfags echoing old memes they don't understand. It both deeply saddens and terrifies me.

Alright I haven't played an Atlier game since Iris. What's good in the store?

That's old news man, it doesn't bother me anymore. Besides, Vita has arguably the some of the best 3rd party support ever seen. Who needs Sony's games when Vita already gets the best weebshit?

chill nigga they only just announced it. They won't have a release date available until they get the game finished/just about finished. They haven't even confirmed if there's gonna be an LE yet either. I feel you though, I'm ready to secure a copy of my own too.

Ayesha+ was really good, albeit pretty easy.

This is the shit right here. I played the fuck out of my PSPs because it had so much going for it.

Demon Gaze. So far it's fun. Also:

Valkyrie Drive

Just got Dungeon Travelers 2, Sorcery Saga and Natural Doctrine. That'll take a while to get through.

Alright decide what I should play this fine weekend for me;

Trillion God of Destruction
Dungeon Travelers 2
Odin Sphere
or Airship Q

*huff huff* Pinay, I want to, In and Out *huff huff*

Those little messages were great. I could really feel the community of like-minded comrades. I hope they bring it back as is for DG2, but with new and improved innuendo.

I never had a PSP, but I've emulated it a shitton on my PC. I couldn't believe I missed out on so much good shit before.

Those are all hard to pick from, but Trillion's got my vote

It's also nice when people leave multiple messages, creating small conversations about how they'd use mushrooms. If it were all serious stuff like "kick here" and "up left up right up" it wouldn't feel like a bunch of ragged treasure hunters writing whatever was on their minds.

Who has gundam breaker 3 and a japanese PSN account? I got my copy in but can't use the code so I wanna give it to someone who can use it. It's the first edition 4th form barbatos.

What did Sony really bring to the table though? Oh, so now I won't get to play Uncharted: Cucked by a Nigress Portable Edition or God of The Last of Us.

Not getting Gravity Rush 2 kind of sucks, but it's just a sequel. Sequels, by their very nature, are of less worth than original IPs simply because it's shit you've already played before - just incrementally different/better/casualized or whatever the case may be. Unless you're following a storyline, or the gameplay is significantly different, there's no reason to buy latest installments.

And GR's storyline was fine for what it was as an excuse to structure gameplay, but it's not something I'd necessarily invest money into continuing.

I never gave a fuck about Jak & Daxter. I never gave a fuck about Ratchet & Clank. I never gave a fuck about NutSack Boy. Sony's first parties are usually forgettable at best, and derivative me-too shit at worst.

Nobody is getting a good new Gran Tourismo. Nobody is getting a good new God of War.
Nobody is getting a good new Uncharted.

So why should Vita owners feel left out because Sony isn't supporting the Vita? What are they really missing out on?

Welcome to 2015, non-importers. I eagerly await the SJW salt over this news.

For fuck sake quit it you fuckers, its gonna be another 40+ what basically saying "my opinion > your opinion"

Anyone here from Britbongistan?
The "Big in Japan" sale is still on and I wonder what I should get.
I'm not actually sure what the first two are, but they're cheap and the screens look confusing but pretty radical. I know what Tales is and heard it's decent, but it's not a new unknown and the fact that it's a DS port puts me off a bit.
Which to get?

Demon Gaze is a dungeon crawler RPG like Sekaiju no MeiQ, no idea on Trillion though.

you dun goofed

I heard Demon Gaze is supposed to be fun, but I'd look up some gameplay footage to be safe.

I was a PSP fanatic. I had six at one time before they gradually got bleed out by younger family members. Still got a ton of back up batteries for the 2001 model I currently have.

The main problems with the lack of Sony support is that most of the updates don't actually fix any problems. Just anti piracy measures. They don't fix the PSN store for the US. They won't lower the memory card prices. They keep forcing digital instead of physical to encourage more memory card purchases. And their way of transferring data is obtuse as hell.

Other than that, new Dream C Club when?

Where's the most affordable place to buy a Vita?

I want one so bad for weeb games

Cute girls, cute uniforms, useless everything else. Hanging out in a cabaret trying to get girls drunk was fun in Yakuza as a mini-game, but didn't hold up on its own. They should bring the characters back in some other kind of game.

Demon Gaze is a fanservice heavy dungeon crawler where you make a team of 5 people, get loot from dungeons, and force monster girl bosses to join your team. It's a pretty casual one without many mechanics but it's great for people new to the genre. Not really difficult besides a few bosses which are brick walls and the final boss. Not a bad game if you're looking for a easy experience that doesn't require too much thought. Also its music is done with a vocaloid program if you're into that kind of music. I certainly enjoyed it.

Trillion is a dating sim fused with Pokemon Mystery Dungeon gameplay. You have to kill a boss with a trillion HP and you train female overlords, one at a time, to kill it. Low budget definitely but fairly unique. Honestly you won't find many games like it. Trillion is tough as shit and when an overlord dies, it's usually gruesome and emotional. I would recommend it if you want a dating sim with some combat to it.

You already know about Tales of Hearts R. Just know that the translation is pretty bad at times but I don't think it fucks with important plot points.

I have them all. Demon Gaze is alright but the writing localization is shit. Not real deep, just standard dungeon crawler stuff. A few classes but you are always going to have three certain characters in your build because they are indispensable. So with the other two slots you have five choice and some are good for exploring and some are practically tailored to boss fights. No random items. Enemies drop Gems that you throw into portals in certain parts of a map. You can throw three gems at a time and the more and better gems you throw the stronger the enemies. Found out the hard way it is only possible to get 34 artifact gems in a play through. Because of how rare they are you will want to save them for end game area and use them with increase gems to up your chances of getting something good. If you don't get an artifact you want reload a save and try again. Shit like True Snipe and Dual Wield on your Gazer will fuck shit up and let you use your five hit combo every turn without concentrating provided you have a high enough agi to not miss.

Trillion is buggy as fuck. It was supposedly fixed but I still get shit. I quit playing after a while. It's an turn based RPG where every action takes a turn. First and Final Boss has a Trillion HP and you got to grind out item scavenging and wooing your waifus on a time limit before you have to challenge the Boss.

You die

A lot

Sometimes because the fucking camera goes under the god damned stage or some other bullshit like that.

Tales of Heart R I have yet to play

how nice of you user But you unlock 4th form Barbatos through natural gameplay.

dayum. If they didn't emulate so well on PC with a gamepad to boot, I'd buy a PSP for myself to CFW.

Demon Gaze is a pretty nifty dungeon crawler. A good intro to the genre if you were looking at picking up Dungeon Travelers 2 later on. Trillion is a waifu-raising sim with a bit of a mystery dungeon style to the combat. The cutscenes are VN-style of course, and there's a nice set of CGs to collect from the story and from each Overlord.

All I know about Tales of Hearts R is that 8-4 localized it; proceed with caution.

no random items like treasure boxes. There are little pop ups for consumables and key items, but gear comes from gems.

Thanks based wall of texters. I figure I'm going to start with Demon Gaze since it's babby's first dungeon crawler, I'll leave Trillion until next sale or something. The time limit mention put me off it for now, I've got Atelier going at the moment for time limit based games.

Eeew gross

As in specifically like the Pokemon Mystery Dungeons with only four attacks with limited uses, or just like the Mystery Dungeon series or roguelikes as a whole?

Fuck now I kind of want to start all over.

I know, just figured someone might wanna redeem it or something. Maybe someone's got some kind of redeeming fetish?

Yeah, and good luck grinding for the masamune for that last trophy. You will be reloading a lot.

Trophy?

Two actually but one is much harder.
Muramasa - silver
Beyond Muramasa - gold

yeah. That's why I've avoided it.

Probably. I mean there's a guy around here somewhere that gets off to tiles, so why not that too.

Still a nice gesture of ya though.

just like the Mystery Dungeon series/roguelikes as a whole. You have plenty of attacks to use.

For

You wouldn't buy this or a PSP for anything else. There's a reason why there isn't a 3DS general. Besides the big games like MH, it doesn't get many niche games sadly. Rune Factory and Stella Glow were the last games that I saw people gave some attention to.

Understandable. I was just hoping to get one localized to see it for myself. If the game its self was shallow then I can see myself not playing it.

In DG, some of the early artifacts are very important like Duel Wield. Parry is a mid tier one that's insanely OP if you go luck/vitality build. Defending makes you invincible. There's also the fact that levels play a huge part in this game. Having a high level means your attack multiplier, defense multiplier, hit and dodge multiplier go up really high. It makes solo runs absurdly easy (besides OHKO monsters, kidnappers, and certain bosses) because of all the exp you can get.

Pic related.

So if VD does well, you think it will bode well for Uppers?
Have some disposable income but more interested in Uppers than this.
Outside of DQB i have no other guarantee purchases this year.

ur 1 cheeky cunt m8

Cheap, non-proprietary memory cards.

When I bought my vita the shop didn't even stock memory cards for it what the shit.

I hope it does well too. The game was released too early to go with the anime and it killed it. It's certainly not better than Senran Kagura Estival Versus. But I would say it's on par with Shinovi Versus. Their dress-up is on par with SV but it doesn't have as many costumes I believe. Or rather not every costume can fit every character. But it's nice how thigh highs wrap around the thighs tightly instead of just being a texture like in SK.

It does somethings better than SK though. Better aerial combat system. No blocking but makes up for it by making good dodges build meter. Transforming with a ton of meter makes you stupid powerful unlike SK where you only transform for the HP refill. But like SK, fighting un-transformed is not that fun. Everyone has a more varied playstyle and bigger, but Momo is never fun to play and the game has less characters in general. Also it's a little harder than SV.

Fucker hit hard and was only in danger if he was K.Od. That halves your defense. Otherwise enemies were doing abysmal damage to me, assuming I didn't dodge. Getting Parry broke the game because defending made me deflect every attack thrown at me, and that's not a exaggeration. I would let my monster go berserk, throw down regen, and deflect attacks on some bosses.

I seriously hope Nintendo isn't the only handheld provider next gen. They NEED competition.

Oh lordy, Senrans don't have hips like that…

Hope you didn't buy the censored version.

Yeah the proportions are better in VD imo.

Damned right. The thighs in VD look a lot better too. I hope in the next Senran game they make them more like they did for Deep Crimson, where the boobs have a natural sag to them, and of course VD's hips and thighs.

That's one thing that gets to me with SK. The girls have the same body type besides Mirai. Same waist, hips, asses, and legs despite Yomi, Haruka, and Ryobi being bottom heavy or Yagyu being slightly chubby according to SK2.

Odin Sphere. After I dropped my Vita, the game gets frame rate drops sometimes. Do you think there's a correlation or is it just my imagination? Maybe the drop fucked up the memory card. I have a digital copy.
uh. I don't know. I guess I'll buy Risk of Rain. Isn't Darkest Dungeon coming out on the vita?

Has anyone considered asking PQube, since they seem to be entering the business of bringing never-evers west intact (hopefully they can prove they'll stick to that), if they might be able to give some thought to Omega Labyrinth?

Hearts R's fun, but as the other guy said, the translation is garbage. Honestly a sad case. Namco's used 8-4 a lot in the past for Tales, starting with Abyss, and usually they've done an adequate job. But with Hearts R, Namco didn't seem to care about bringing it over in the first place, and when they felt forced to, they let 8-4 go nuts on it.

I don't think it's the memory that got damaged but some of the actual hardware.

kill yourself

shit. oh well. now I have a reason to buy an OLED. next time I'll get a case for it too.
I'm just glad you don't think it's the card, cause I got a 64 gig and it'd be tough to make that purchase again with how big of a waste of money they are.

I felt the complete opposite. Valkyrie Drive felt like an evolution of EV in a lot of ways.
- faster combat (dodging instead of parrying did amazing things for speeding up and smoothing out the flow of combat)
- bigger, more varied levels (they don't end in less time that it took to load them)
- multiplayer modes have odd mechanics that don't exist in Senran, like the statues
- Super Smash Bros as a multiplayer mode
- move sets feel more varied between any two given girls than some Senrans
- survival and challenge modes added more replay value than I thought they would
Senran does have VD beat hands down on the dress up, but I just liked VD better as a game.

The Super Autism Online games are decent timesinks

Does this faggot handheld have piracy yet?

How decent are they anyways?

Nah, I'm having fun. The games are 10x better than the anime ever was anyway.

indeed they are. The combat in Hollow Fragment can get a bit stale at times, until you switch weapons (scimitar is fun as hell), but it's much improved in Lost Song. The combos link better and it's easier to cancel out into a dodge or use a block if you need to, instead of getting caught in the middle of a combo half the time.

Only for PSP games, there isn't much beyond that. And with that, you'd be better just buying a PSP and CFWing that instead, since it'd be leagues cheaper. The Vita won't be cracked until Sony stops supporting it completely and totally, shutting down it's online functions as well, otherwise they're going to keep updating it even if for no other reason but to prevent it from being CFWd and eventually Piracy like PSP.
What they fail to see is that the CFW for PSP is one of the things that made it such a good selling handheld.

I'm highly doubtful the Vita will ever be cracked like the 3DS though.

What people who say this fail to see is that the PSP was sold at a loss, like all non-Nintendo hardware. Sony stopped supporting the PSP in the west precisely because people were buying the hardware, but no games.

Thanks m8

The only thing I miss from Sony are the HD PS2 collections. Uncharted, GoW and AAA crap can go to hell

When will they make a SAO game where I don't play as Kirito? Changing his outfit doesn't count

I really wish that the HD collections Sony's done (for both the PS3 and Vita) could have been better utilized as a way to give games that were well liked but underperformed in sales a second chance. I mean, it's nice that stuff like Ratchet and Clank, MGS, Jak, etc still wound up being able to played with the PS3, but it was mostly stuff that already sold really well the first times around that got given that kind of treatment, leaving relatively few being games that were either still expensive at the time, or hadn't done too well in sales getting HD rerelease (such as ZoE2, or Yakuza HD, which the west never even got; I suppose Yakuza does a lot better with the native Japanese audience though). And in particular, with JRPGs, they only did so for FFX/X-2, Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts II, and Tales of Symphonia Chronicles. Meanwhile, stuff like the PS2 Wild Arms games, Shadow Hearts, Suikoden, .hack IMOQ/G.U., etc, which could have benefitted from another chance in the spotlight (as well as better availability/prices, especially in the case of the latter), never got those. Hell, in many cases, they still don't even have PSN rereleases.

They're pretty all right, all things considered.

Hollow Fragment and Lost Song each have their pros and cons (having to split this up because I got the error that it was too long)

+ In Hollow Fragment, you have many weapons to choose from thanks to the weapon mastery tree. As KiddyToe, you naturally start with dual blades, but can also choose to use (from the start) Dagger, 1 Handed Sword, Club, Great Axe, and Spear. The weapons/skill tree are sort of one in the same. As you continue using a weapon and sort of level up your skill with you, you gain skill points to spend on the next Level of weapon, and each Weapon Level you spend skillpoints on grants you new Sword Skills for that weapon. Say for example I have 8 Skill Points, currently, just from whatever weapon I've been using. I can use those skill points to say, upgrade my 1 Handed Sword Skill up to Lv. 5 for 5 Skill Points. When I do so, my damage with Sword Skills gets a +25% permanant damage boost. I'll also unlock the ability to purchase the next tier of sword skills. In this case, those would be the moves "Savage Fulcrum" and "Meteor Break." Unlocking a new Sword Skill also costs skill points, just to be clear. There are also some other abilities you can access brancing from certain weapon paths. For example, investing in Spear Lv.1 will grant you access to the "Tactics" skill block. There are a number of Battle Skills here you can purchase with skillpoints as well. Battle Skills are usually not weapon-specific, unless they require a shield or something. You have 8 buttons to map skills to. 4 for Battle Skills, 4 for Sword Skills. Here's a screenshot of the Skill/Weapon tree. This general system of being able to use any weapon in the game gives it a lot of life, as using the SAME weapon, while rewarding in it's own right for maxing out all the skill levels for it, gets stale after a time. However, in Hollow Fragment, you can ONLY play as KiddyToe or whatever avatar you make for being (not)KittyDoe. In Lost Song, you can play as any of the character you unlock as you progress through the game, that alone is a rather fresh breath of air. Each character has 3 weapon types they can use, assigned to whatever fairy race they are, so if you want to switch up the way you play, you can just change your party leader to Asuna, Lisbeth, Klein, Leafa, Philia, Agil, etc. That comes with a cost, however, as the weapon/skill tree simply does not exist in Lost Song, at all. Instead you gain new skills by still using the same weapon with a certain character, like using KiddyToe's dual-swords forever and leveling up his skill with them. It almost seems you unlock weapon skills and battle skills both at random levels, or when your weapon proficiency hits a certain level. As a result, the skill/weapon proficiency progression in Lost Song feels so much slower.

+ In Lost Song, you can have a party of three people (that includes you). Whereas in Hollow Fragment, you only have you and one other partner.

+ In Hollow Fragment, when you reach a Floor Boss, you go in like a Raid Party with other random NPCs in the game. The bosses are usually pretty sturdy and can hit hard. These parts do a good job of capturing that MMORPG feeling. Meanwhile in Lost Song, since it's just you, Tweedledee, and Tweedledum, Boss fights aren't nearly as, how should I say, lively. You don't get that rush of ganging up on the super-powerful boss. In turn, the boss fights in Lost Song are pretty piss easy until you get where I'm at (ie near end-game.) Even still they aren't HARD, per se, you just have to actually stock up on items and pay attention to what the boss is doing.

[continued…..]

+ Hollow Fragment is practically two games. You have the story and such from the original Infinity Moment game, but brushed up, improved, and molded to fit with the new big draw: The Hollow Area. The Hollow Area is sort of this semi-open world section of the game you can just kind of run around and explore (until an area boss stomps your shit in like no tomorrow). The Hollow Area is MUCH more free and less constrained when compared to the grind of completing floor after floor for Aincrad. It's also intended that you sort of jump back and forth between both up to a point (say, floor 86 or 87 i think?) and then focus more on the Hollow Area until you get some serious levels under your belt. The Hollow Area is also where Philia's story comes into play. Lost Song, isn't nearly this big….at all. You have the three main floating islands, and then a fourth one you go to for end game/post game stuff. And from what I've seen, neither game really have much of a "post-game", but the fact that Hollow Fragment is much more content-rich makes it feel more complete when compared to Lost Song, initially. Lost Song DOES have quite a few post-game things to do, such as getting Excalibur, the strongest sword in the game, and enhancing it to Rank 10, it's final form. Post-Game also pretty much gives you immediate access to the rest of the character events/quests as long as you're walking around town as Kirito. You can also unlock some additional characters in the post-game, such as Seven, Kuroyukihime (from Accel World), Lux (from SAO: Girls Ops), and I think one or two other. There is only one extra dungeon, however, that's like a boss-rush dungeon, which ends with the A level-1000 Seven boss fight. Clearing that dungeon actually gives you access to the Excalibur quest line. There some DLC missions that came with the NA version of Lost Song on-disc/cart that are automatically unlocked when you hit post-game as well. It's all a bit grindy, but where I'm sitting now, it's a good bit to look forward to.

+ In Hollow Fragment, your armor equipment changes your appearance in-game. This is a personal favorite thing of mine in games, you can also give you partner armor, and it'll change their appearance. Each armor has it's own design and such. Some are kind of similar, some not-so-much. There are also costumes for the waifus you can unlock by maxing out their support, attack, or defense roles by praising them in combat when they perform and action that corresponds with one of those three things. In Lost Song, you get some equippable costumes for each character. Most of them were DLC in Japan/Asia that come either as an upate or on-cart/disc for the North American (and European?) release. There are SOME unlockable ones from doing character events, like the "Original Costume" that each girl (and Kirito) has. Each girl also gets a bikini, school uniform, and bath-towel outfit. I wish the bikini designs were more varied though, Sakuya's being the only real unique-looking one.

+ Lost Song looks better in general, graphically speaking, which isn't a huge surprise since it's a remake/redux/hd-redo? of Infinity Moment. It seems (to me at least) that the character sprites and character CGs in general are bit crisper in Hollow Fragment than they do in Lost Song, not that they look bad in LS, but just a bit more vibrant in HF imo. also Hollow Fragment has lewder/more fan-servicey CGs than Lost Song does. On the flipside, Lost Song has tiddy physics and easy upskirts while the girls fly. So it's sort of a trade off.

This is all I can really come up with right now off the top of my head. Each game has it's draws, most certainly. Each game was also developed by a different developer though. Hollow Fragment was designed by Aquaria, who are also doing the upcoming Hollow Realization, while Lost Song was developed by Artdink. I'm hoping Hollow Realization will take the best of both of HF and LS, while improving the few things that need improving (like giving us even lewder CGs AND lewd outfits)

NEVER EVER

I'm finally bored with Odin Sphere after unlocking Mercede's book.
And it's ironic, because I was looking forward to her the most. Crossbows are cool.
I just cannot imagine fighting the same enemies in the same locations for another 20 hours.
And the plot? I can't take it anymore. It was endearing at first because I thought the whole gimmick of having the game be read by a small child was kind of cool, and the Valkyrie book seemed like something a girl really would read. But the charm's worn off now. Using a gimmick like that to excuse such shitty generic writing only takes you so far. I don't know if it's a localization problem or gooks are genuinely this bad at writing but… it's hard to believe they paid people to write such utter schlock.
also i like how the one and only Shakespeare vocabulary used in the entire game is "'Tis". They say "'Tis" like every sentence, and that's it. It's bizarre that they did that.

I got one at release and I only used it to play PSP games with the shitty PSP mode thing
Come fucking on

Alright, so I recently I have been suckered more and more into kantai collection stupid sexy submarines and I know there is a game on vita. Would anyone recommend it? I don't have a vita currently but it seems like that may be able to satiate my weeb list in a few other areas as I don't have a ps4 either and most weeb titles get dual releases. Also I have a psp that hasn't been used in forever and I'm wondering should I try and fix it up and put cfw on it or just sell it to help fund a vita? also is the actual kantai web game any good? I haven't attempted it yet because I know there is not translation and my moon runes aren't very good

I know there's one guy that shows up from time to time that got the game. Maybe see if you can get a response from him.

If it's got CFW on it, I'd recommend holding onto it for playing eboots and PSP games for free. Unless you just emulate those anyhow.

you must be doing something wrong since one route takes me only 6-8 hours

I still have to do Mercedes, Oswald and Velvet, that'll be 20 hours of shit I've already seen.

That's all Sony updates. Anti piracy measures. The Vita is for weebs with a expendable income. However, it's a audience said companies can rely on because we actually buy their shit as long as they pander to us.

For one, keep that PSP and add a CFW. There are so many good games to play. If not then just use PPSSPP so you can play those games on your PC at a higher resolution. Second, I believe the Vita game is mainly a port of the browser game from what I remember someone saying. From how an user described it on /a/. It's a casual though fun time waster. Usually played while doing something else since it doesn't require much attention to play. It's a little import friendly with guides online. Only thing that will take some time to memorize are events from what they said.

What trophies? Are they hidden items or something?

Mirin those trips

They are just extremely rare drops

playstationtrophies.org/game/demon-gaze-na-eu/trophy/83917-Muramasa.html
playstationtrophies.org/game/demon-gaze-na-eu/trophy/83918-Beyond-Muramasa.html

Fuck, why did they have to make Hollow Fragment so ungodly long? I played the damn game for over 90 hours, still have tons of stuff to do, but just want it to end now. I want to play the sequels without skipping anything, but I'm just getting sick of this one since I played it so long, What do I do? Just say fuck it and finish the IF content and say fuck Phillia? Is there a new game plus that will make it easier the second time? Because I'm worried if I don't do the HF stuff I'll never want to do all of this stuff over.

Does anyone want to play The Last Blade 2 tomorrow?
I main Amano. I'm new as fuck to the game.

Ah, so trophies are just really rare items then?

Here's something one of Xseed's employees wrote about localization and why it's not a bad word. I find it kind of stupid, but I'm not a big Xseed fan. You guys may like it.

archive.is/t3DZD

I like how they right away admit that localization is purely profit-motivated and has nothing to do with what's good for the consumer.

No, you don't. What you're talking about here is still within the parameters of "translation." For instance, if I have a character saying 「それは朝飯前だ!」, barring a pun, the translation wouldn't be "That's before breakfast!" but "That's a piece of cake!" because they're very similar phrases that both convey the same meaning and attitude. That's still translation, and it doesn't justify "Let's change Tokyo into New York or LA, and ramen into hamburgers!"

I just getting really sick of publishers talking down to their customers and treating them like retards. I think it was that Hatsuu girl who put some post saying "Well, the requirements are low, so if you really wanted to play the game you'd buy it on PC" about Trails in the Sky's third game. It's like they don't understand that they're catering to us. If someone is disappointed they dropped a PSP version of a game, that there is no dual audio, or the translation isn't to their liking, etc. they have every right to be. It seems like it's standard these days to be all defensive and give some catty response rather than actually talk about it or just say "sorry if it disappoints you, but this is the decision we made blah blah".

Or we'd just skip some worthless middle man company and get the actual game. Fucking hell foreignization companies are arrogant pieces of shit considering they don't contribute anything to video games at all.

I actually saw Experience advertising how the Japanese version of SoSC has English subtitles. It would be interesting if more games did that and cut out the need for western publishers. With the rise of digital importing is becoming more appealing to some people too. I suppose there's still Nintendo region locking their systems to try to make you have to go all in one way or another though. It's gonna be a mess if NX is locked and is secure as the Vita.

Nintendo's very dedicated to forcing one or the other, even with the new Pokemon games having language select you can only choose when starting, and can't freely switch - probably because they don't want people comparing easily to point out how god fucking awful the foreignizations are.

Yeah, accurately translating emotions and nuances is what's expected of a good translation, I don't know why that would be exclusive to "localization", unless people of different countries somehow have different emotions.
The only difference between a translation and localization is that the latter does all the paperwork that allows the game to be sold in a different country, and (in some cases) voice acting.
Did they say all of this just because some people don't understand how long it takes for a game to be released in another country? Because otherwise I don't understand what they're trying to prove here.

You could always read the wiki, I think that gives you the basic jist of what's going on

So it Natural Doctrine worth a look? I liked weird RPGs and it looks vaguely similar to Valky Prof 2.

Please post Near results.

it's the one and only turn-based game on the console that provides any semblance of difficulty. I don't know what's making you call it "weird" buzzword though.

to save time, just imagine the most normalfag games in the library.
that's all i get around here.
i don't know how someone who has no interest in any vita games other than shit like borderlands 2 gets tricked into buying one of these.

If you're not enjoying yourself, then I see no reason to keep playing. Simple as that.

Does the online cross play with PS4?

If they were tricked into Borderlands 2 in the first place…

i believe it does.
not that it'd matter since i checked three times a day every day back when i was really into it and didn't see a lobby open ever.
i'd play with you though. i'd play with you long enough for both of us to get every multiplayer trophy.

I have a digital copy of it because the cheapest vita I could find happened to be one bundled with it. I tried trading it for literally anything, I even offered to give it to a drawfag if they'd draw me a quick picture. Absolutely no one wanted it, I tried getting rid of it for two whole days. So, I redeemed it myself and now it and 20 pieces of its shit DLC sits in my download list embarrassing me.

In your case you didn't get it for your own interest though, it just was there, and I presume you have a much more robust library of games otherwise.

That's how mine always was too, but now I have someone who plays Neptunia and Digimon. It's probably a cute girl who's here as a foreign exchange student.

After putting so much time in not finishing just seems wrong. I still enjoy the skits and stuff. It's just that the same combat repeated over a thousand times gets kind of old. I wonder who was the first one to platinum this game without a guide and why people want this game on PS4 when by design it works a million times better on a handheld.

I actually gave some insight on the game here.

I would say it's worth it if you don't mind mediocre graphics and a lack of story in trade for some great gameplay. It has dual audio btw.

Because, and I've said this here before PS4 owners (who don't own a Vita) hate the handheld for some fucking bizarre reason. The only thing I can think to put it down to is some weird form of jealousy that the Vita gets more 3rd party support from Japan than the PS4 does.
I have HF on both Vita and PS4 and the only thing that's improved on PS4 is that the translation was fixed and maybe the graphics are slightly prettier.
It's glaringly obvious though that nip games that get both Vita and PS4 releases are developed on Vita first THEN ported to PS4 with some minor improvements. It's obvious in SAO, Akibas Trip and Digimon Cyber Sluts.
So maybe that's where it all stems from, user autism.

Honestly forgot that application existed. I got a mix of things, but mostly indies and incomplete lists. CBA posting screenshots right now.

oops wait a minute, I didn't realize you had quoted me about The Last Blade 2, i thought you were asking about Natural Doctrine.
yes last blade 2 has cross-play.
but like natural doctrine, nobody is ever online ever.
I'd still play with you, though there aren't any multiplayer trophies so we'd just be playing for the sake of getting good. Which is more noble anyhow.

i guess, i don't have as many games as some people here do. only half of my memory card is used up at the moment. the only game I regret buying is TxK.

Would you play natural doctrine with me? The card collecting shit makes my autism feel so good. And we could platinum it together, assuming you haven't already.

I refrained from preordering that because I heard about bullshit AI. So it's not bullshit, but just difficult?

I don't see a problem in dropping games you put a lot of time into. It's your entertainment and the weekend. You should be doing something you enjoy before going back into being a wageslave/student. From how I see it, what do you gain gain from sticking with something you stuck with for ages but don't like now? I think it's just emotional investment holding you to it but if you're not feeling those emotions anymore, then just move on.

And for that reason, I haven't beaten a game in ages because I keep jumping around. Shit is a double edged sword but I'm definitely having fun.

Didn't even notice it until people pointed it out in the comments. On Normal Mode, the door near the bottom is closed. On Hard Mode (which I was doing my first playthrough on) it's already open and you must make people run down there to close it before enemies flood in and wreck your shit. Once the door is closed the battle is much easier. Trying to fight them through the door is complete suicide because all the gunmen will spread out to create a massive link and instantly fuck whoever is in their sight.

So difficulty settings actually change the stages besides the enemy's strength. Also I don't think the mage has that steel protection spell on hard as far as I've played.

I haven't played ND in ages so I'll go with Last Blade 2. I've only played it a little with friends so I'm still scrub-tier. PSN is Longsworduser if you want to play.

okay, just give me like an hour so I can go over my character's moveset again in training. I have a terrible memory.
I assume your username is referring to monster hunter? if so, cool

For anyone who actually has played the game, they would realize this makes no sense and is most likely complaints from someone who got killed over and over by doing the same mistake.

For one, the enemy usually outnumbers you. They play by the exact same rules as you do but on normal your characters are stronger than them. On hard, their units are almost on par with your characters. Either way, both of you are influenced by RNG and many other mechanics. The AI doesn't shoot through walls, teleport, never miss, always crit/stun, dodge forever, or any other bullshit.

What can be seen as "bullshit" is the AI playing the game how it's supposed to be played. Which is make massive links with proper spacing, momentum based movement, attacking in groups, and attacking one person at a time to shift the tides of battle as quickly as possible. On one review, a guy complained that the enemies were bullshit because they kept ganging up on one character. Not realizing that it's exactly how you're supposed to play the game. Early on, any death is an instant loss but that isn't the case in later stages. The game throws a bunch of checkpoints at you in the missions too so you never have to start from the beginning unless you're stuck at the beginning of said stage.

TL:DR people are complaining that the AI is bullshit because it's playing the game fairly and beating them. It's like accusing the AI in Chess for cheating despite playing by the same rules as you.

It was a joke from Monster Hunter Tri online. Whenever a longsword player would come in. Everyone would get discouraged because, 9 times out of 10, it would mean some bad player tripping everyone around him so he can pull off his spirit combo on a downed monster with no regard to anyone around him. He somehow thinks he's doing more DPS by himself than the whole team attacking at the same time. Bonus points if the other weapon users are heavy hitters like the great sword or hammer.

My actual main weapon is the sword and shield.

I haven't played the Vita KanColle Kai, but I have played the original PC KanColle. From what I've seen the two are basically identical gameplay-wise, barring a final battle in the Vita version that doesn't exist on PC.

Overall I can't recommend the game- IMO it's too RNG and microtransaction-heavy to play for long- but it isn't hard to get into the PC version and try it free for yourself. There are guides online to help with registering, playing, and understanding what's going on (since the game runs in Flash, for a while there was even an English converter, but I don't know if it's still around). Hatsuharu is best shipgirl

Looks like I got a bit carried away there sperging knows no bounds I suppose

The Kancolle game for Vita is…okay. It's about what you'd expect from a phone/mobile game. After realizing that myself, I quit wasting my time on it. Sure, the ship girls were cute. But it's just all menus and little-to-no character. You can furnish your Admiral's Office, and you also have the option of using micro-transactions to furnish it, if you so choose. I never unlocked any furnishings in-game myself, but I think there are some that you can get with in-game currency. I definitely paid too much for it (about $50). It's not worth it really imo.

I only put 41 hours into it before realizing just how much shit there is to do, and promptly dropped it. I'll probably go back for HF eventually, but I'm almost done with the main game of Lost Song, and the post game isn't horribly long at all, but requires a bit of grinding from what I've read. I don't feel like I've missed much of anything from dropping HF though. You all survived the events of SAO, and now all play ALO, which just had a new expansion added (which is where the game starts).

I don't think anyone would blame you for dropping it. If you want to know the deal with Philia and Strea, just read it in the wiki. They don't hardly mention that stuff in Lost Song anyway. But in case you didn't know for sure:

Strea's story unfolds as you progress through the floors/clearing floor bosses in the main game. Philia's story IS the Hollow Area, so you'd be majorly spoiling the game's stories for yourself. I wouldn't necessarily encourage reading the wiki unless you just have to know. Like I said though, it's only ever mentioned in passing once or twice in Lost Song, and even those times it's pretty vague.

I forgot Near even existed I've never used it before. This looks nifty if you like taking your Vita out and about with you, but I never take it outside. I wouldn't have guessed the Radius for this was so large though. I'm kind of surprised, here's mine then. What are "game goods" though?

Mah nigga, I'm also a big fan of GunFUNlance. I'd probably main GL if I didn't love SnS as much as I do.

alright. Why don't you host a session?

my favorite weapon is bow. I used to do autistic live action roleplaying by myself and i had always loved the idea of using arrows as an improvised sword during a close encounter.
when i found out you can do so in freedom unite, even going as far as to using the arrow attack to sever tails, i basically shit my pants.
of course, unfortunately, soloing the game with a bow is an impossibility, but I tried.

Amano is one smug fucker.

That was pretty fun. Though the connection was bad at times we still got in some action. My grappling skills need a lot of tweaking.

holy shit i forgot i'm not player 1 for a moment since i'm so used to the HP being on the left. i stood there doing nothing letting it time out and gave you a win. i'm fucking retarded haaha.
that was awesome man. i don't know how you remember the movesets for so many characters.
amano is the coolest character i've ever seen in a fighting game. he's like a johnny bravo samurai. he doesn't even need to unsheathe his sword to fuck you up.

you're way better at grappling than me, i only connected like four that entire hour. your connected practically every time. i attempt grapples wastefully because i think his headbutt animation is amazing.
we should do it again sometime, assuming i ddin't bore you to death by playing amano over and over. or we could get back into natural doctrine together.
that was the most fun i've had with video games in months

I was wondering what you were doing. Now it all makes sense.

I play fighting games a lot and most of them have follow SF2's formula for movesets. This one has a few too. Quarter circle moves are usually projectiles, some form of space closing attack, or rekkas. Half circles are command grabs (but in most fighting games this will be a 360 instead) or rush attacks. Dragon punch motion is usually anti air. Know this and you already know most character's movesets.

I really like his character too. He also has a tricky playstyle that punishes bad reads heavily. Johnny from Guilty Gear really fits the "Johnny Bravo samurai".

If you want another easy fighting game to learn I suggest Garou: Mark of the Wolves which is also a SNK fighter. If you want a good anime fighter with simple controls. Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax Ignition and Melty Blood are good alternatives. Arcana Heart 3 Love Max and Guilty Gear are pretty tough to learn. But both are still great games and Revelator has a great tutorial for new players.

I used to play any fighting game available on the PS2 back when I had one with a modbo chip installed. Guilty Gear was the one I was the absolute worst at. I lost no matter which character I played or how long I studied their moves for. So I'm glad you warned me that Arcana Heart 3 would shit on me, too. I would've wasted forty bucks.
That Hokuto no Ken fighting game was significantly easier than Guilty Gear despite having the same devs, to me at least. I was okay enough with Rei. I highly recommend it if you want to fuck around. It's definitely not a serious game, you could theoretically get an instant kill right at the beginning of a new round.
Street Fighters were the only PS2 fighters I played vigorously. I'd annoy the fuck out of my friend who used to play with me because, like TLB2, I always picked the same character every time, Ken.
I regret getting good with Ken, he's such a generic character and he's so overused.
literally what the fuck, i can't believe how nice Xrd looks. I would DEFINITELY main Johnny if I ever play that, too.

The key to grabbing is making the enemy want to block. I don't know if you noticed but you can somewhat control people's movements by attack close to them but not hitting them. Attacking the enemy but whiffing makes them raise up their guard even if they're not being hit. Empty jump ins can help as well. When someone jumps at you, your first instinct is to block high to avoid overhead attacks, or parry the jump in attack. This can put you in a good position to grab people.

Arcana Heart 3 is one of the harder fighting games to learn because the movement system is not like most fighting games. You're going to be fighting in the air 70% of the match and the game is highly aggressive. Most defensive options are used to play more offensively too. And there are so many character combinations and large movesets that it take someone like you ages to get used to one character. Vid related is high level play. The game is about as fast as Melty Blood.

Always wanted to play that but can't ever get it working on MAME.

I'll try to keep that stuff about grappling in mind, thanks.
Arcana Heart doesn't sound so bad if that's the case. I used to juggle people in the air for entire rounds in MvC. I can't even pinpoint why it was that I got fucked up so bad in Guilty Gear.

Since people got to talking about Natural Doctrine:
If you're going to play it, skip all events and dialogue. It's all awful, truly awful. I've been told that the prototype of the game didn't even have a story and that it was forcibly shoehorned in at the last minute.under instruction from the kike producers.

I am throwing money on this

So guys, what's the best party setup in Demon Gaze?
What stats should I be pumping into my Gazer? I read something about agility so that I can use duel wielding later? Please respond.

You must be talking about Kira. She's the grappler of the game and has the second highest health pool. With the evil arcana, she can even teleport making for some scary situations. In most fighters, grapplers don't have a teleport ability.

Luck is the most important stat for a Gazer. You don't need to duel wield but if you're planning to then you need agility to make use of it. I would say go with Vitality and Luck mainly. Let the rest of your team do the damage while you hold down. Your team setup doesn't matter that much as long as its varied. Like don't make a team of 4 wizards. But that would be funny if you could make it work.

you can't go wrong cause the game's too easy

I perfer my Gazer to be Vit Agi build with Dual Wield(later God's Arms) Slash 3 and True Snipe. You get it just right and you can spam Jupiter Bane every turn with your best weapons while your Demon rages. Slashes are good for quick chains.

Pally Dorf with a pure Vit build. As soon as you hit cap you are going to want to put it into Luc to resist status changes. Don't worry about hitting shit and just equip for max Eva and Def

Healer Migmy with a split to Mys and Vit. Hit Vit early as Mys will sort itself out for the most part later. Gear that has Vit on it is is good early game as Vit increases your HP gain at level up.

The rest is situational. When I am dungeon crawling I like to throw a Samurai or a Ranger for their ability to crowd control while the Gazer focuses on a particular enemy. Fighter or Assassin for burst damage on bosses.

Whatever you do, don't make the mistake I did and go full MYS.

How big is the download for Last Blade 2? I was thinking about picking it up along with one or two other things, maybe. I've only got 5GB on my card.

This Mid-Year sale really sucks though.

did you guys notice how the people asking for help in demon gaze and adventures of mana last night weren't saying "i'm stuck on a boss, what do i do?"
they were saying "i'm lost and don't know where to go."
just thought it was pretty funny. people in SMT threads commonly ask what demons to use to defeat bosses.

i want to say around 500 megabytes, not going to bother to check though. all i know is it downloaded in like four minutes.
add me if you get it. my PSN is marcopolisneko

All right, thanks. If that's all it is, it won't be an issue. I'll be picking the game up within a few days (hopefully), but i'll go ahead and add you.

has anyone ever had any problems with Jet Set Radio?
first the game crashed entirely and i had to reset
then i had some major stuttering during cutscenes
then only the audio crashed this time. had to reset again.
what the fuck my man?
i'm thinking this is all caused by my accidentally dropping my vita yesterday. i really blew it.

what the fuck

There was a firmware update a while ago that forces a maximum time until automatic standby, so you can no longer leave the machine on forever.

Shit is supposed to still download while in standby.

Anyone here play God Eater Resurrection? How is it?

What weeb vita games have the best ecchi and fanservice?

Still no RE4 for Vita, despite the fact that they've released in on everything under the sun. Don't touch REv2 either it's a dogshit port.

Gravity Rush is objectively better on console to be fair.

What happened?

It's God Eater Burst updated. GEB is pretty good Monster Hunter style game play toned down a bit. Bullet combos can be interesting. I have Resurrection but I haven't played it yet.

Okay for any canadians that were worried about not getting games because the post strike, they're on a 30 day cool down period so you're good for about the next 25-27 days

I'd heard that was a bad port, what was the problems with it?

Aside from the obvious graphical difference, the shadows are toned down too much, ruining a lot of the atmosphere. The framerate was complete shit, dropping all over the place all the time until they patched it, and it's choppy at best.
It's only worth something for the Raid mode which is a fun time sink. I played the game on PC at 60fps and it was alright but they were clearly very lazy on the Vita port.

Jesus, I didn't know what to expect from my first Atelier game, but Ayesha is… something. Easily one of the best looking games on the system I've played, and the music is pretty damn good as well.

Which just has 4, EOU, and EOU2. 4 is considered good. EOU is considered OK, and EOU2 is considered one of the worst games in the series. Even in the EO threads I make, people avoid discussion of the Untold games and usually recommend people 2 - 4. And now, EO5 is holding FM music under DLC

archive.is/OnXUJ

EO/SQ is one of my favorite series these days and ATLUS is trying their best to not make me want it.

Try downloading it to your PS3 and transfer it over that way. Maybe it's just me, but my PS3 seems to have a more stable connection for downloading than my Vita does.

At least 3DS piracy is easy now

Already installed, m8.

Why the hell did you have to remind me of that?

**Personally I don't see the issue with including FM as separate DLC. EOU and EOU2 already had the original soundtrack made, but they would've had to make an FM soundtrack separately for EOV. EOIV never got an FM soundtrack to begin with so it really is something extra rather than something that was cut out of the product for DLC. Hell, after the FM soundtrack DLC for Protect Me Knight 2/Gotta Protector in Japan, I wouldn't be surprised if Koshiro came up with the idea for the EOV DLC on his own.[/spoiler]

Personally I don't see the issue with including FM as separate DLC. EOU and EOU2 already had the original soundtrack made, but they would've had to make an FM soundtrack separately for EOV. EOIV never got an FM soundtrack to begin with so it really is something extra rather than something that was cut out of the product for DLC. Hell, after the FM soundtrack DLC for Protect Me Knight 2/Gotta Protector in Japan, I wouldn't be surprised if Koshiro came up with the idea for the EOV DLC on his own.

I SUCK COCKS

Or they could've just made it in FM to begin with like they were supposed to.

i stopped playing at 4 when they introduced cancerous as fuck difficulty settings.
not just difficulty settings, but the ability to change the difficulty anytime you want.
"just use self control and not play on easy"
it's the principle of the thing. they're pandering to casuals and they can die. and plus, i don't feel at all accomplished when i beat a boss on expert knowing that i could have at any time switched to easy and won instantly. it takes away the sense of achievement to me.

Yeah, I suppose I should read the full thread before posting. Didn't sleep too well earlier.

Still, worth keeping in mind for the future. Used to get sick of the signal on the Vita crapping out at the old place I was at and started using my PS3 for download and transfer of Vita, PSP, and PS1 games. And if anything, it's been a good habit to get into for me, as the signal at the new place I'm at is even more iffy.

Was Atlus doing this shitty paid DLC stuff on their own prior, or did it mainly start up when Sega bought them (or whatever their relationship is)? Haven't paid the 3DS much attention since I don't have one.

At the very least, they weren't doing so with the DS, though I don't think that system had paid DLC of any sort.

Have you ever thought about the fact that maybe the people that really want the FM soundtrack specifically are a minority? I love me some good PCE-style music as well, but you've gotta be kidding yourself if you don't consider that only a small portion of fans give a shit.

Again, I'm pretty sure the DLC was suggested by Koshiro himself.

I would have been fine with the FM soundtrack as DLC if it was announced way after the release instead of making it painfully obvious that they are stripping it from the game for extra bucks.

Protect Me Knight 2 did it right, they didn't announce it until a year and a half after release, when they were releasing the big DLC expansion.

The series was meant to evoke classic PC-88 era gaming, which is why we had still sprites and still draw the map on the touch screen. 4 dropped the ball hard, but that doesn't make an excuse for them to not get it right with 5.

Consider this; Koshiro's music is probably one of the first things finished with the game. He could've worked on it on his own and pitched it as a DLC like with what happened with Protect Me Knight 2.

Considering EOIV didn't have a separate FM soundtrack to begin with, I'm willing to bet something similar to what I described above occurred.

Right, I get what you're saying, but didn't EOIV sell the best out of all the games in Japan?

They easily could've interpreted that as people liking the orchestrated soundtracks.

"Gamers" have the memory of goldfish. We must be reminded or else people will become complacent or forget how their getting railed anally.

You know I would say "who cares what difficulty people play on" a while back. But after Fire Emblem Awakening taking away perma-death on easier modes and Fates phoenix mode, I actually do care about this. Those games brought in so many casuals that the audience is completely changed now. We have a sea of casuals games out there, FE got casual enough with the GBA games. We don't need the series to be butchered any more. At least Fates Conquest was a nice challenge.

Right around when SEGA got them. I believe it mainly started with SMT IV.

Honestly, I'd rather play a different game at that point. Took a good look at some footage from the game, and it doesn't impress at all. The strategy is there, I'm sure, but there's little to no charm. Soundtrack is pretty plain, visuals are average, voice acting is average to bad, and people talk EVERY TIME you make a move– It just doesn't seem very appealing. Well, not 30-50 bucks appealing, anyway.

What multiplayer games are played here that aren't goddamn ARPGs?

I'm more inclined to believe it was made during the production of the game based on the fact people have been begging for an FM ost since EO4 didn't have one and how DLC dungeons in EO2 were produced with the game.

Well they've got to make up for shitty Sanic Boom sales somehow

I remember, I just pretend it doesn't exist sometimes when not discussing the game.

Fighting games. What other types of games were you expecting to play multiplayer on? Shooters barely exist on handhelds. Beat-em-up and racing is a very rare genre these days. Strategy games are mainly for PC. All you have left are fighters and ARPGs.

suit yourself, natural doctrine is the only RPG that's made me happy in six whole years.
old RPG's didn't have any story so I don't mind having to skip all dialogue personally. I even prefer it over hearing anime bullshit plots.

Virtually any other game that has multiplayer? There's a lot of them. Hell, fighters are less popular than the likes of EDF, it seems.

how difficult are the EDF games anyway? i know practically nothing about them. how much in common do they have with monster hunter?

There are varying difficulty levels, but it's pretty easy to get into. The idea is to work your way up through the difficulties to get better equipment.
Besides grinding, virtually nothing. I mean, you fight enemies much larger than yourself. And you can roll if you play Infantry class. And you can co-op with people. But mechanically? Nothing, really.

I get you. I'm just not one of those pure gameplay types. The game overall needs to be appealing. ND's presentation seems like ass, even if it is challenging. Doesn't really make me want to play, or rather, keep playing.

It'd be like comparing a potato to a bookshelf. They're nothing alike, aside from the third-person perspective. EDF has difficulty options as well, so it's as easy or hard as you want. It's more fun to do the harder difficulties online though, trying to solo those is just asking for frustration unless you have super-kick-ass weapons (you only get the best weapons from the hardest difficulty anyway).

It is important to mention how much was cut from SMT IV, it amounted to what sohuld have been the Neutral Route and true ending, as well as all of the post game.

welllll I'll bite the bullet and buy 2017 sometime soon, thanks

EDF2 is still going for 20 bucks right now, if you're interested.

Sure. EDF is plenty fun, it's just nothing like MonHun. 2017 is pretty fun too. I've enjoyed EDF2 as well though, but dropped it to play other stuff for the time being.

i'm worried if i start with edf2 that i won't be able to go back to the older ones though.
just looked at the wiki page, i can't believe the franchise started with a Simple 2000 game. I have a few of the simple 2000 series on the PS2, like zombie vs ambulance and a swat team simulator. they're total schlock, the police one is unplayable.

I'd argue you don't need to if you have that and 2025/4.1, but at the same time, it's really not hard to go back.

i take back shitting on zombie vs ambulance, simple 2000 hits it out of the park once in a while. i just saw on youtube it has over an hour of cutscenes, they clearly put effort into it.
but unfortunately you can't get anywhere in that game without being able to read japanese.

in that case i'll get it while it's on sale, thanks

I don't mind difficulty settings as long as two criteria are met
1. you can't change the difficulty setting unless you start a new game
2. there are trophies for beating it on the harder difficulties
the second one seems petty, but i don't like knowing that casuals playing on five difficulties below me get the same trophy for beating the game.
ironically the rarest trophy i have last time i checked is for beating max payne 3 on the hardest difficulty. i don't know how that's possible when the game has millions of players and is easy as fuck.

I just wanted to playbuy video games

Did you try it again after a bit? Cause I've had that happen with a card before and it worked after an hour/

It's taken that long before? Last time I bought one it was immediate. I finally got a hold of a Sony person though. They're saying I already redeemed it…

Yeah, it only happened once and I thought the chick at the register didn't scan it right or something.

I've never had an issue with Sony codes but I did have a problem with dragon age codes once that came with the game.
I got in touch with EA customer service and they immediately sorted it right out.
And that's the nicest thing I'm willing to say about EA.
I usually get my PSN cash through cdkeys and they've worked fine every time

So after a nice little chat with some dude over at customer support, he says that I redeemed that code (that I bought literally about 30 minutes ago) on 4/17/16. After their file-sharing-uploader thing for in-chat fucking up three or four times, he finally got my amazon screenshot and said that they would send me an email in up to 3 business days and to follow the instructions there.

…..so now after all this, I'm back on the Amazon digital library page, and NOW the code has magically appeared ABOVE the purchase date and purchase details….Sony's gonna think I tried to scam them now.
God damn it all.

In hindsight, I realize now that I jumped the gun, and feel rather silly for it. The code wasn't there before though. Next time I'll just wait patiently I suppose.

I'm downloading Last Blade 2 now at least.

lololololol you got my birthday present I gave to myself.

I hope you didn't redeem that code

oh shit should I not have? I already did and just downloaded LB2….

If sony already gave you a refund or is processing it, they can ban your account if you used the code you said didn't work.

If I were you, I'd go back to costumer service

nah they didn't give me a refund or anything.

That would been if I followed through with the instructions in the email they sent. Instead, I replied to that email with something along the lines of "I'm sorry I'm retarded and should've waited a little bit for the code to show up don't ban me please I made a mistake" instead.

don't you just love it when you order something and check the tracking number and it hasn't moved in days?
glory to the postal services.
i'm going to kill myself from boredom.

Every fucking time I order from play-asia.

i never order from overseas unless i have absolutely no other option.
i'd rather pay $150 for something from an american seller versus paying $100 to someone out of my country.
i bought a watch once. never gets delivered. i gave the guy a bad review, so he sent another one in the mail in hopes i'd remove the review. it disappeared, too.
never trusted gook shipping after that. two in a row? fuck that. i'm guessing someone ripped it off in the customs.

The copy of DT2 I ordered did that, and didn't leave Texas for four or five days. Still arrived on time though.

been playing LB2 for about an hour now, not really sure what characters i'm fond of right now.

Mukuro can go eat a dick though. I finally beat him, but I could almost only do so by spamming the counter button. No matter how I moved or jumped, he was always right there to meet me with his fucking spinning boomerang. Shigen is just plain tough…

And how come I can't just grab my enemy, when it seems like they can grab me any time they want to? Am I missing something?

sauce on that pic

Anyone got the vita games info graphic list for July 2016??

when i first fought mukuro, i honestly thought to myself "this guy simply must be banned from tournament play." nope. he is not. i'll never join tournaments 'cause i'll be worried someone will play that cunt.
you have to be like fucking two pixels away from an enemy to grab them. the AI is pretty broken in how they can insta grab whenever they want.
i hate fighting AI juzoh just as much as I hate fighting mukuro because of this. juzoh grabs every five seconds and it seems impossible to defend against.

i recommend trying akari, there's nothing dislikeable about her. if i wasn't playing amano, i'd be playing her.

>brexit
fuck me

source I wanna bully her

The digital version's on sale at the moment if you don't mind digital.

For what purpose?

How much are each going for? Chances are, (going off markdowns I've seen each game at individually here in the states), the individual on-sale prices would likely still come out cheaper than the bundle would normally.

I suppose having the individual ones be the ones marked down also helps people that had been buying them individually already before the bundle was made.

Oh noz people are having fun in a single player game in a way I don't have fun. Please prepare a soothing balm for my shredded and abraded sphincter.

Well, it's currently not a business day, so it makes sense that your shipment hasn't been updated.

did you quote the wrong post or something

The AI is bullshit and reads inputs very hard. They will grab you whenever possible and know the exact distance to do so.

If you don't like futa on female, stomach deformation, bullying and excessive amounts of semen. Then this is not for you. But if you do, then it's God tier.
exhentai.org/g/839997/a88574f3da/

Now I remember why I barely used her.

you don't like seeing girls sad? it wouldn't stop me from using her, i'm actually going to try to branch out to her once i have amano's moves successfully memorized. i really love her katana style.
i do get kinda sad when i see amano die though…

by the way, do lee's fire moves cause any frame rate drops for you?

Nope.

then you are a master at misconstruing words. that was like the most inoffensive thing i've ever written about difficulty in games.

Muramasa Rebirth
For pic related to come out in October.
I put in an order for Trillion: God of Destruction. It should be in by Wednesday.

But you're still salty about how other people are playing single player games that in no way affects you.

it does affect me. it ruins the community for games that are casualized in such a way, and it takes away my sense of accomplishment.
sorry for not supporting cancer like you

i'm glad stomach deformation is as common as it is now

"it takes away my sense of accomplishment" exactly. What's your gamerscore bruh. You gettin' them cheevos? Press Y to tell all your facebook friends about your new trophy.

Learn to get your sense of accomplishment from your accomplishments not arbitrary automated third party acknowledgement of them.

I'm a weak man
The only time I've noticed frame drops is when I was against another Lee.

why should i feel accomplished when i know i could have just pressed one button to make it an instant win
why should i feel accomplished when i know others out there did just press one button to make it an instant win

when did the megami tensei community start becoming shit? persona 3 and 4. the final nail in the coffin was SMT IV.
when did the etrian odyssey community die? EOIV.
that dude i was quoting there just told me his fire emblem community died recently.
casuals in those communities outnumber veterans 40 to 1. many of them rarely bother going back and playing the old games, and if they do, they still prefer the new ones anyway.
what do all of these games have in common? they're easy as fuck, and the latter titles have difficulties that can be changed with one button mid-game.
must just be a coincidence that casual games were introduced, followed closely by the degeneration and death of the franchise's community in your mind though

It's been dead for a decade and a half - Kaga leaving probably would've been enough itself, but then they went full retard and started marketing it to the West.

You're awfully bothered about other people. Maybe you should try playing games to play them, and not caring about whether other people did it in one button press or not. I don't see how that affects you. You did it a hard way, and you consider doing it that way an accomplishment, so you should feel accomplished.

The fact that you don't is something you should examine and ask yourself why. That's like saying "I squatted 300 lbs but an elevator can lift 1000 lbs higher and faster so I have no feeling of accomplishment"

Be upset all you want if there are no enjoyable games, but if the game is enjoyable on a high difficulty settingm which is in the game and available, then fuck off with your whining that there's also options for people who want to play it easier.

it means nothing
you are nothing
I am nothing
we spend significant amounts of time and money perfecting skills that are useless
but hey at least you got that plat

i've never played as lee, yeah it's always when he's an opponent that i get drops too.
someday soon, my autism might compel to me buy a katana identical to hibiki's. i've liked swords like that ever since i saw muramasa's from Ninja Gaiden.

i can't believe you think communities dying is a non-issue, why are you even on Holla Forums if you don't care about talking to people about games?
and your metaphor made me think of a counter metaphor. you think those body builders don't feel the same way i do? imagine you've worked 10 years to get a perfect body, every day is pure suffering and depriving yourself of pleasure. they don't even fuck because they're too sore.
and all around them are people who got the same body in 1/5th of the time because they used steroids and took the easy way out.
it minimizes their achievement, it disgusts them, it demotivates them.

Stop ruining Vita threads faggot.

Some of them, yes. But many, not. Because they aren't doing it for other people, they're doing it for themself. They know they got it through hard work, and have the health benefits and long lasting habitual/discipline benefits etc. They know. And that's what matters. (Source: I'm a weightlifter and am very pleased and proud of my gains and health improvments and genuinely don't care that some people get more jacked faster on steroids.)

I'm mostly on Holla Forums for news honestly. Mostly the vita thread, to see what new shit is coming out, and to occasionally ask questions. I've always believed that the main value of a community is to find the few people in it worth developing an actual friendship with and doing that. But even so. If you can't talk about a game at all because a bunch of the people discussing the game played it on easy mode….. shit nigga I'm a cuhrayzee games autist and I can still enjoyable discuss DMC3's story or favorite Bayonetta weapons or whatever with people who play them on easy, even though I don't. I dunno man. Sounds like you're upset people are liking things you don't like.

i don't see any benefit from talking with people that have 8% of the skill and knowledge i do about a franchise.
would you take fitness advice from a guy who's using steroids and has been working out for one month?

Nothing is ruined. Damn, some of you complain too much.

I would argue that if the only thing you look for in Fire Emblem is the difficulty then you should just play another game. Only a select few titles are that challenging. That being said, it's not as though you can't find those who aren't just waifufags and will discuss aspects of the game. You're thinking in absolutes, here.

Yeah, the fanbase has gone downhill. That's more a fault of IS pandering than it is to the games themselves. They wanted a more casual audience, made games that cater to more casual players, and got what they wanted. There weren't even that many veterans in the GBA days, since they pretty much jumped ship after seeing how different those games were. Kind of a silly complaint to make now.

I haven't bothered to play through a single game on Lunatic(why bother, when it's beyond fucking retarded). Does that mean I can't talk about it?

Probably not but I'd still be willing to discuss fitness with him. Maybe I'd give him pointers, maybe we'd discuss nutrition or "Man I fucking hate leg day" or where we want to get to.

I don't have a problem with people playing easier modes. But a game suddenly becoming easier to appeal to a wider or having an easy mode when it never even needed one usually invites people who ruin any community. Worse is when this new community is pandered to. Shit man, casuals have enough casual games. Can't I at least have a few niche games to myself without them pandering to casuals? As mentioned before, this happened with Fire Emblem.

I like some casual games and there's nothing wrong with being casual. I know I have a casual interest in other mediums and being yelled at for my casual interest would be childish and annoying. So why should we do it to others? Saying that, I wouldn't like my favorite series changing demographs because devs/publishers want to chase the casual crowd. We have enough thoughtless games already.

It was never a huge community in the first place. But it got worse when Untold came about because that was not only not as good as 4, but it also aimed for a broader audience that didn't exactly understand what the series was about because they were attracted by the story mode. It became worse when ATLUS got really greedy with DLC in Untold 2. This distrust with ATLUS combined with the direction they were taking with the remakes is what truly ruined the community.

That was probably me. The series should have ended with Radiant Dawn honestly. Awakening was just bad for so many reasons and it being casual is the least of its problems. Fates was the final nail in the coffin because it didn't just appeal to a different audience, but the localization combined with the scummy "1 game spread into 3" is what made older fans distrust Intelligent Systems. Awakening killed the community, Fates killed the series for old fans. Saying that, Conquest isn't a horrible game.

Yeah but that dude was suggesting that he objects to low difficulty modes. I agree if the entire game is stripped and it just isn't fun anymore that's a bad thing. But he was doing an "all things being equal fuck people who play on lower difficulties if they get the same cheevos as me it ruins my fun" which like…. is kinda sad. Is my main point.

i don't play fire emblem, i wouldn't know anything about it. this is the guy that does
i am your SMT man. and your roguelike man.

i know this pain very well

Not him and can't speak on exercise shit specifically, but in general it's often worth getting fresh viewpoints on fields you're very experienced in, if only for the fact that it's very easy to get stuck in one mindset and lose sight of other possibilities. Obviously new insights are going to be less and less likely as time goes by, but there's always a chance.

That said, I do agree with the necessity of an elitist mindset - while I think difficulty levels are fine as long as there's still a real difficulty as well, I do worry that after their introduction brings in profits, it tempts bad developers to tone down the game's quality to appeal to the newer casual crowd because of the profit potential.

This. I like FE for the most part, but SRW is basically the same thing but better in every way imaginable.

To be fair, I don't think the older fans cared about the localization much since we don't play the games in English to begin with, and that would be more Treehouse's fault than Intelligent's anyway.

Those faggots just reset, anyway. It's really no different.
That has always happened, but now you can waifu everyone.
Only good map design doesn't apply to Awakening and the like. Enemy variety is the same as usual, and weapon balance is there. It's abilities that break the game, which helps to fuel the eugenics aspect of Awakening and beyond.

Shadow Dragon was my shit. FOH. Team Marth.

I honestly found it annoying to play through. Had a much better time with Birthright. I welcome variation of objectives, though.

So that's what it is then. And I'm surprised Mukuro isn't banned, he's full of shit. Not only does he hit hard, he can keep you at bay all too easily.

I'll give Akari a try then. She's cute. I liked playing as Genbu too.

4/vitagen/ makes one about once every two or three months. So the June one in the OP is the newest one there is, right now

And you can't cancel the grabs by pressing the grab button, can you? I know you can't counter them with Triangle.

If you think of it as "any unit dying is a lose condition" doesn't that make the game harder?

DT2 as always. Recalled someone asked me ages ago about the differences between the Vita & PSP versions. Far as I can tell, graphics, layout, manner in which attacks land, and an arraignment of monster sprites that don't appear in the Vita version. The maps, to my observations, are the same more or less.

youtube.com/watch?v=UesSdrRwMio

Link here shows an assortment of monsters that have yet to show up in my game. Granted, I haven't unlocked the final dungeon but I've cleared everything else. Aside of the Mandragora Royals sprites, I don't know what else could pop up as far as "new" is concerned.

As for the attack manner, take a look at the promo vid they made for the PSP release 3 years ago.

Not this anytime soon. It occurs to me I've been on this game for almost half a year and have clocked more hours on it than damn-near every other game I've ever played. Oops. Still grindan to kill at least one god. Only got 4 Lv99s, one halfway to Crown status, and a whole league of people in the low 60s that need to come up, since every single realm has at least two different Advanced Class requirements. Mind, this is to actually get to the boss room/boss fight. There are other class doors, but that's strictly to explore the dungeons themselves:

Ice World: Valkyrie & Etoile
Abyss: Party of no more than 4 w/Soul Summoner
Hell: Dark Lord & Witch
Dawa Shrine: Sniper
Skyfort: Magic Princess & Joker
Maharashtra: Not sure yet
Gear Castle: Not sure yet

For the bank to open so I can put down on my copy of G*G:DP

Nabed Trillion since it was on sale at Amazon. Don't know if I'll regret later or not.

>fun?
Lots of it. Always fun customizing a character class to not be useless in a fight. My Katana build kunoichi went from not able to hold her own to the perfect killing assist monster. Once I tweak her casting speed, she'll never be hit again.

Not really, but it makes it more tedious.

There's a difference though between getting fresh viewpoints every so often and nearly always having fresh viewpoints in lieu of discussions with other people who know their shit. It's like when FO3 came out, and suddenly all discussions about "Fallout" were about a shit-tier psuedo-rpg instead of the originals, or how Arena Shooter is currently being misused to refer to class based trash like Overwatch.

Same shit happens with Reflex. Sometimes it's nice to have a new player come in and give feedback, but there's too many people who come in thinking they know anything about the game after playing it for a week and get buttblasted when people tell them they should get more experience.

Not sure how unit progression works in FE because I never got into the series, but as someone who quite likes FFT, losing experienced units is way worse than replaying a fight because they're gone in every subsequent fight too, whereas having a party that is guaranteed to get stronger makes things much easier as time goes on (especially if the game is balanced around you losing people).

You get plenty of characters that can take their place. It's also relatively easy to grind in later games.

I was probably the PSP vs. Vita version fellow, since the Vita version is still going for full price here, so I may as well just pirate it once I finish DT1.

I dunno, in most games I'd say fucking up at the end of a stage and being punted back to the beginning for it is a fair kind of difficulty, as opposed to the kind where they let you just keep going or restart a few steps back.

For sure, just saying like with everything else, moderation is key - a little bit of each.

I can see that, but I guess my mindset is just that if you die at all that's a fail condition and claiming a victory even with someone dead is "cheating."

No, shut the fuck up. I can agree to a degree on the difficulty thing but EO4 was a good game. It's like comparing RE4 to RE2. (Except that EO3 is better and the gameplay isn't drastically different.)

Because they had never released a FE game in the US prior and all of the Nip nostalgiafags fucked off. Sacred Stones wasn't very good, but the other two GBA games and the Radiant games were pretty good.

No, they just abuse reset scum like a bunch of faggots. I found this back when Fates first came out on Xshill's channel, people will play on Hard and Normal, but they will use time (L+R+Start) resets to avoid losing anyone. like stated here

What the fuck is the point then? Why not just play Casual?

Your mindset is retarded. Soldiers die on the battlefield sometimes, you have to live with that. ==IT'S WAR MAN, WAR NEVER CHANGES==

I WANT TO STICK MY DICK IN A CUTE GIRL

But in most games, there are save/checkpoints in that case, are there not?

The game has already given you your win/lose conditions, so that's not up for debate. Anything beyond that is additional tedium, which is fine if you want that, but it's unnecessary. If you feel that your strategic ability is lacking, play on a lower difficulty. When you're comfortable, bump it up a bit. Simple.

It's not just abilities that breaks this game. Pairing is extremely broken too. And their way for trying to balance it out is just as stupid. Pairing is a rescue command that turns any average character into Radiant Dawn Haar or Blazing Sword general Oswin. FE in general gives much more advantages to having a few stronger units than many different units since every class that isn't a thief, dancer, or healer is just dealing damage in some fashion.

They try to balance this out by giving enemy units maxed out forged silver weapons. These are probably 1 damage point away from being S tier weapons. If you ever wondered why not pairing was nearly suicidal and somehow enemies are hitting like trucks yet are still somewhat accurate is because of that.

Actually I believe that's exactly how you break grabs. You grab at the same time they do. Doing this to a human player is not that difficult if you see the throw coming. However for a CPU, they know when it's possible to grab you at the furthest range possible. There's no way you can react to it because you didn't even know you were in grab range most of the time.

On the off-chance you're not just ironically shitposting, fuck realism.

Not really? The only one I can think of off the top of my head is SRW. Most other games I play don't let you just respawn a few steps back and let you pick up where you left off without any penalty.

That just sounds like an excuse more than anything.

Or I could just git gud and refuse to move on until I do it right. You wouldn't move on from a stage in RMZ until you get a 100 on it after all.

Yeah, don't remind me. The map design is awakening is what irritated me the most. They're just about all awful. Every single one. I still remember that damn Gangrel chapter
Yeah, shit like that just annoyed me. And i was playing without Pair Up, so I couldn't just tank shit. I think I lost Cordelia that chapter. Awful game.

your opinion of EOIV doesn't change that it killed the community and discussion of the series.
when it came out, there was like 9 threads a day about it and every single one was filled with retards playing on easy who never owned any of the DS EO's, and clearly had never played any other dungeon crawlers, either.

Again, you're adding tedium to the game. I don't choose to do that, and the game doesn't make you do that. Regardless, people choose to. It's unnecessary.
Yeah, you can make a mistake one chapter and not do it again later. Instead, you pressed restart.
You're literally making an excuse to restart.

Haven't played that series. Does it do permadeath? Is losing a character an actual lose condition?

you can make a mistake one chapter, live with that mistake, and not make it again later*

The bullying meme is for queers.

I had to explain that there's a big difference in playing knowing whether permadeath is on or off. You will be much more careful if you knew you couldn't just continue if you didn't feel like resetting.

It's like walking over a shitty bridge with a safety net under it. How you walk across that completely changes if that fall below the bridge is steep or not. 2 meters off the ground? Not scary. 20 meters off the ground? You're not going to treat that walk across the bridge the same even if there's a safety net.

fully agree, it was funny for less than a week.
i wish cuhrazee and comfy meme would die too.

How is it tedium? It's making the game more difficult.

Or you can not allow yourself to progress until you get good enough to beat it the proper way, the way games ought to be.

Not really, because I'd rather not - god knows how many games I have on my backlog to work through as is, and working full-time eats up way too much time. It's not a satisfying victory if I win by cheating though.

Can't really do permadeath since almost every character is a "main character," wouldn't work with the narrative. Losing a character who is a force deploy on a stage is generally a lose condition, though some are always lose conditions like battleships, or Gaia/Godmars in games he's in due to the anti-matter bomb in him. Otherwise, it's a major penalty to your funds, and in games with Skill/SR Points (basically bonus challenges like "clear the stage in 3 turns") the loss of the Point.

No I'm telling you that it's a video game, one based around a permadeath mechanic. Sometimes your soldiers die and you have to live with it, that's the game. You didn't lose the battle as a commander, you simply suffered casulties.

Some of us left Halfchan years before the Exodus, it's not my fault you discussed the game with complete faggots. I've only ever discussed the game with my friends or people here.

Would it be easier if I just said it's ok to shit on them? Tell them that they're trash? It's quicker and too the point to say otherwise.

None of these are meant to be funny, it's just board lingo. You can cry me a fucking river though because cuhrazee is never leaving since people use it to describe particular types of action games.

I don't jerk my cock to bullying because it is funny. I pull my pud because seeing the weak abused makes it hard.

Ryona>Bullying

The game is designed around permadeath, and you're restarting to circumvent that. That is tedium. You would rather restart the whole chapter than just continue. That is tedium.

Then it functionally different from Fire Emblem and really doesn't need to be part of the discussion.

Yet you seem to not understand how this is tedium?
You are exemplifying my earlier point.
This game is not designed to be played that way, but it does give you that choice. Permadeath is a mechanic in the game for a reason. People really seem to not get this.

We're talking in circles. If you still don't get it, then just forget about it. Repeatedly restarting in Fire Emblem is tedium and NOT the proper way. You may be comfortable playing that way, but It's not meant for you to play that way. It is still an option, though, hence why it's very inviting to more casual players. If you need to repeatedly restart, that's indicative of you not knowing what you're doing. You're on the wrong difficulty level. Simple as that.

P4G has got to be one of the most dull games I've played in a while, it feels like everything from the social-sim aspect to the actual gameplay was half-assed. Social link activies like Soccer or Basketball could have been mini-games a la Bully (nothing too complex but functional and gives you something to do) They could easily take influence from Yakuza to make all of the non dungeon crawling much more fun. The dungeon crawling could be PQ level so it doesn't fucking suck so much ass, but none of these things are really considered.
I'm 30 something hours in and just beat the boring brick wall Teddie boss, when does it end?

What's the point of an RPG if you never have to live with your actions, if they never have any major impact?

I actually enjoyed the game on my first playthrough. Didn't think much and played hard first playthrough without many issues. I tried a second playthrough and every problem hit me like a brick wall.

Maybe the plot would make up for all this? Nope, it's also trash. Gangrel was the only fun character in this whole game and his only motivation was "I'm a dick because I can be". They went off on a whole different story with the conqueror which had nothing to do with anything and lead to nothing down the line. If undead were destroying absolutely everything then you think the Conqueror would notice and do something about it. Absolutely no mention of them from him. Then they're just like "Hey, aren't we forgetting some crazy cult has been trying to resurrect a demon God with the Fire Emblem?"

I don't ask for anything beyond average. But damn the game might as well not even have a plot. At least it had some good music.

Problem is with those 2 words is that many people have a different definition for them. Comfy could mean mindless gameplay to some. While for others it could be something like a visual novel. Which is why I avoid using them when describing any game.

At around 80 or so hours

Not sure what you expected

O-oh. Well, I understand now at least.
Thanks for the info user.

3 was good though

Could have been worse. You could have played 3.

lol

Yeah, unfortunately for me, it WAS my first playthrough.
I was already used to that due to playing FE12. Fucking Wyverns. I did get very annoyed with not knowing where they would come from or when. That resulted in some very unpleasant times. I dropped that game a little more than halfway through. I just was not enjoying it.

To those of you who play multiple dungeon crawlers on the Vita, just how do you do it? i'm picking up DT2 tomorrow, and from what I understand, that game is pretty goddamn long. I can't imagine playing 3 of these consecutively. I considered Stranger of Sword City, but I figured DT2 would be enough(and it had a demo, so…). I typically just tend to go for one game of a particular kind each in my library.

Comfy generally means can be played comfortably, somethine someone thinks is comfortable timesink, or something casual but with a lot of fun stuff. Like Kirby.
Though I've also heard anons call Age of Empires 2 comfy (something I agree with) so you are right in that it varies from person to person.
Cuhrazee is less debatable since it's always associated with DMC, Bayo, etc. Action games with crazy high skill gaps and combo potential.

I think I'll just watch the anime and drop it then. Got some Muramasa/RE3 to play.

The store I got it from offered a free PSTV if I bought a game. My only compatible options were
So I took P4G for about $18.

3 was kind of cool, and I liked the anime but it was a shitty game.

I did, I'd rather go back and be FeMC then play more of this scooby doo crap.

easy dungeon crawlers are 30-40 hours long typically.
a 40 hour game can be done in less than a week for a neet. it just feels longer because people get bored and take breaks.

I don't need to be an ace attorney to see all these contradictions.

Couldn't stand the original P4. It just felt lacking in so many areas gameplay wise. Didn't help that I didn't care for most of the characters either. Still enjoyed the fighting game though. Akihiko and Shadow Labrys were my mains.

I don't. It takes me months to beat games because I'm constantly jumping around from game to game.

Couldn't get very far in 3 because social links are a terrible idea and the combat wasn't particularly interesting.

Got suckered into buying both 3 and 4 because a weeb friend went on and on about them (and Super Robot Wars, which I would have actually enjoyed more) and claimed I wouldn't be able to find decent copies of them for cheap about a year after release. Now they just collect dust.

Then I got Nocturne and DDS and never looked back. Turn pass is an infinitely better system and recruitment/consumption > random loot drop cards

That makes a lot more sense. Barring having enough grindautism to finish Disgaea, P4G is probably your best bet

I keep forgetting about that. You guys marathon games like it's nothing. Do they ever revisit these games?

Yukiko/Kanji, here. I sold the game a damn long time ago, though.

i don't, personally. but i know lots of guys that do. guys that are more into SMT than even me, like super autistic about it, do all three routes. that's 120 hours in every game. i know one autist that beat all three routes in SMT Nocturne, then imported the Japanese version because it has ONE SINGLE BOSS THAT THE ENGLISH VERSION DOESN'T, and beat it three more times reading from a fucking script since he doesn't speak Japanese.
i get too bored of the mechanics and seeing the same shit over and over to do it myself.

3 Portable was my first Persona, so I'm rather biased towards it. I couldn't get into the anime movies though.

I still need to give Persona 2 a play, but I'm wrapped up in other games.

How good is Arena anyway? I always thought it was a medicore cash in on the Persona name.

Portable is the best version of the game since you can be the whore rather than go out to date some whores. That and the game is much more tolerable on a handheld where you're likely to be using it to burn time. Playing something like P3/4 on a TV like I've been forced to do is a bad idea.
P2 is best persona game

Fair enough. P3 still goes down as one of the worst JRPGs I've ever played.

No, that's P4 Dancing All Night. P4A and P4AU are sequels to P4 and function as solid fighting games.

Short attention span?

Honestly as someone who played P3 on a PS2, I could see why it would be preferable on a handheld. It's not compelling enough to take up all of my attention like Nocturne or SaGa, and there's a lot of time-wasting fluff that's perfect for burning time on the bus. If someone was hellbent on playing the shittier SMT games and had the option, I'd definitely say go handheld

Crappy timesinks don't belong on a consolelike setting. I want a real RPG for that, not something that's only worth playing to kill time.

How much grinding is in Grand Kingdom? I see it played from time to time, and it looks alright, but I feel like it's big on grinding.

See, my issue with that reasoning is that you don't even know if it's shitty until you've played it, and given you enjoy it as much as others have, then there's virtually no reason to be that opposed to playing on a TV.

See above. Persona 5's coming out on PS4, man.

"you don't even know if it's shitty until you've played it"
This fucking shit again. We've talk about this bullshit numerous times, no you fucking don't. Playing a shitty game is just reafirming beyond a shadow of a doubt that it's garbage. You can still learn about the game and educate yourself on what it's like from people that played it, watching gameplay (literally this easy), or examing the mechanics they offer.
And I couldn't possibly give a shit. P3 and 4 also came out on console, it means nothing because they're bad games.

You're acting as though whether a game is shit or not is objective. You also ignored half of the fucking statement I made.
See above. I'm not concerned with whether or not you like it. That wasn't the damn point.

But I have played it, and if you don't think I cant tell that I wont like P4 without having played it, you're retarded

A lot of people actually like P3 and P4, I didn't

Wasn't saying it with regards to my own purchases, but rather the purchasing decision someone else might prefer to make. There's just not enough meat there. It's like asking why people didn't buy an Ouya

What was your point then user? I already proved mine and I don't know why you're still arguing.
I don't give a shit if other people like shitty games, that doesn't make me want to play it on a TV. Given better options I wouldn't play P3 or 4 AT ALL. I'm saying that because they're bad or mediocre then it's only worth something as a timesink, and timesinks are much more convient on a handheld device. I'm pretty sure this is why people here like the SAO games.

Be sure not to move any goalposts.

That there is no inherent benefit to playing on a portable over a TV in terms of playing Persona 3/4. They are long-winded games. I raised the question to ask why one would be so opposed to playing on a TV, to which you came along with your grievances about the series, which were at no point part of the discussion.

How? You're playing something like Persona 3 for hours at a time regardless. It's not really meant to be played in short chunks.

How can I move goalposts when you can't even identify the point?

i'd pay money to spit in every atlus employee's face.

they went from my favorite devs to my least favorite devs with just two titles, and now they're just rubbing salt in the open wounds they've made at this point.

Arena is definitely a legit fighting game. It's sort of like Guilty Gear with a few gimmicks. Easy combos (mash square to do a 4 hit combo into a super. Great for casuals and useless for seasoned players), can turn around manually in midair for better cross-ups, roman cancel is a juggling offensive tool instead of being both a offensive and defensive tool like in GG, the Persona system its self. It's definitely a good game.

That's doesn't even disprove what they were saying. All it means is that ATLUS knows where their demograph will be. And that's PS3 and PS4.

Because a good chunk of the game might as well be a visual novel. Not only that but most of the gameplay doesn't really require that much attention and can be played casually while listening to a podcast or something. Even more so if you're planning on grinding. It's the type of game that would do better on a handheld, which is most likely why P3 and P4G were put on handheld instead of consoles. Then again that could just be ATLUS testing the waters in different markets.

It's not even debatable, a smaller device which can fit in your pocket is always more convient then a TV, it doesn't matter how long you play it since it's done to pass time. At home I'd go straight to my PC or or swap games to something that requires me to think a little bit more since I'm in a more comfortable setting. Most people have better timesinks, I'd rather play MH than P4 anyday, but it doesn't excuse the fact that since they are dumbed down RPGs they'd fit a handheld much better.
You're the one that pointed out the console release of P5, which fucking added nothing to the discussion and got asshurt when I shit on it. This only makes me think you're a purse owner fag. I don't care if they enjoy it, I PERSONALLY don't think games like P3/4 are ANY GOOD at all being played from a static posistion on a TV.

Persona 4 is getting a $5 release on PS3 I heard. Shame Arena isn't on Vita, I don't own a PS3 right now.

You said "timesink games are better on portables," yet the series reg>>10010760
It's almost 50% dialogue. That definitely requires attention. I've tried playing the likes of Final Fantasy in public, and I had a terrible time getting through it. Could barely hear the OST, couldn't get into the dialogue or cutscenes, and the general experience of playing it was worse. The benefit of a portable didn't help in that case.

Again, I seriously think this depends on the amount of time you're spending on playing. If you're grinding for hours, it doesn't matter what you're playing it on. If you're grinding in short bursts, then sure. That's an agreeable point.

No, those were released to milk the series.

You are way too preoccupied with how you feel about the game to even address the point. Persona 5 coming out on consoles was a direct response to your "timesinks are better on portables" claim. I raised the question of HOW that is the case, and you have not answered that at all.

Handhelds are meant to pass SHORT periods of time. That's largely the benefit of portability. I would be hard pressed to find a person who would prefer to play Monster Hunter for hours on a 3DS as opposed to a PS2/3.

I absolutely could not care less about how you feel. I already stated that your feelings are fucking irrelevant both to me and the discussion twice.

Handhelds are better at passing short periods of time*

I think that's how I wanted to put it. Don't want to start another argument.

And that was phrased wrong as well. My question was meant to ask how a portable would be better for a game played over extended periods of time, like P3/4, so it does matter how you play it. Playing on a TV is better for a longer play time, or at least I feel it is.

To summarize

I questioned this statement, as, as I've already said, they're long-winded games. Those aren't as great to play on handhelds as on a console/TV. I'd argue that playing on a TV is far from a bad idea, but even if your preference is on a portable, there is not much benefit to playing on said portable, because, as I have already said, portables do better in situations where there's a shorter play time.

I loved that change so much. Never picked up the character, though.

Okay I just started up Trillion. Is it just me or does the audio for the english dub get randomly quiet. Like it plays at a consistent volume with the jap dub but with english i'll get to whisper levels of quite during some dialogue sequences

Not when it's highschool VN-tier
Also I've played FFV on Vita and it's fine on the bus and on breaks at work. Gonna start on Chrono Trigger and FF6 when I'm finished. Headphones make up for background noise and reading short bits of sequential text isn't really that difficult.

That said, FF in general would be nowhere near my "gold standard" when it comes to writing in vidya, and it's fairly simplistic overall

Also do you have trouble reading books in public? Same basic principle, but the amount of dialogue you're reading in Purse Owner is closer to a picture book in terms of volume.

Oftentimes, yes.
Please don't.

Alright, but that's not necessarily a widespread issue. So for people who can read on public transit or on a break or in a lineup, reading VN-tier text isn't too much to ask for

Why? I'm already playing the Yarr Matey edition of FFV

[citation needed] Either way, it can hamper the experience of playing the game and would be better played on a console/TV.

The PS1 ports of FFIV-VI as well as Chrono Trigger are notorious for their load times and lag. It's generally recommended to play the SNES/DS versions, if possible.

Please read the posts you reply to.
See

It's like reading a fucking shitty book, everything is simple and easy to follow. I could play it and hold a conversation with other people. Just depends on if you can handle reading in public, and I understand if you prefer not to.
ha
All jokes aside, P4G isn't Final Fantasy. Nor does it have the production value of most Final Fantasy games. That is an issue with other games, but you can wear headphones to offset the issue. I kind of don't want to turn this into a handheld vs console issue either.
You aren't wrong, but it's my belief that they are much more comfy on a handheld since they're basically a lite-RPG VN

No, it's just that someone else you replied to already adressed that. That just shows that Atlus knows where their target audience is.
You sound mad, are you feeling alright user?

He's not wrong, get the DS version of Chrono Trigger it's much better. DS games are easy to emulate so it shouldn't be a problem.

they're shit games with the depth of a puddle.
if i had a son, i'd keep him the fuck away from shitty pokemon and final fantasy, even though they're age appropriate for him.
he'd grow up still playing them like all you nostalgia addicted perpetually 8 year old men

So you want to ignore the question that was being asked in the first place. Alright. It's like you argue for the sake of arguing.

Not in the slightest, but I'm a little bit annoyed when people fail to answer a relatively simple question.

It can hamper it if you can't do it, but wont if you're okay to read shit on the bus
And anecdotal evidence, but I dunno that I've ever taken transit without seeing at least one person reading a book, a newspaper, or reading shit on their phone. It's not uncommon at all

I'd rather play a better game (mechanically-speaking) if I'm going to sit down in front of a monitor or TV. Also given that V apparently has the same issues and I haven't found it to be all that bad outside of startup times (which only apply once) I don't see much of an issue

Never beat Chrono Trigger or FF6. Played maybe 20 mins of 6 and didn't get very far in Chrono Trigger either. Didn't really have the chance. I ended up playing SaGa and BoF3 way the fuck more

Also you can't be ideologically consistent harping on me for playing classic FF when you're buying EDF, faggot

Well, it's not very long, so you should have a pretty easy time with it. It's a great game, too.

what does EDF have to do with FF? genuinely asking. i haven't bought it yet and won't if someone tells me those guys were lying about it being hard.

Who the fuck said it was hard? I'm pretty sure I was one the guys you spoke to about the game, and I specifically said that the main premise of the game is work your way up through the difficulties to get better equipment. Can you people read?

And what he's saying is that you're ripping on FF over claims of lack of quality, yet you're interested in buying EDF, which is known as a budget series.

The argument was over P3P/P4G being better on handheld or TV or not. Not the superiority of handhelds or consoles over each other in general, I don't want to change the subject. Certain games do better on both.
Sounds like projecting to me. This whole time, and I'm still not quite sure why you're arguing over this.
Kind of like, how other people get irritated when you don't read their whole post before replying.

You better not be implying that EDF is bad nigger.

You all can't read, can you.

Yeah, like you failed to do numerous times. Can't wait for the new thread to start with a clean slate.

See above. New thread please.

well thanks for saving me money.
The Dark Spire was made with much less than $30k and it has 50x the depth of any game square has ever touched.
budget has nothing to do with it.

Nobody said it was hard, they said there were varying difficulty levels and that the game is built around increasing difficulty as you get better gear. You can start playing on higher difficulties but you're essentially just fighting under-leveled.

Considering you're getting this buttblasted over difficulty, why did you even bother buying a console/handheld with a relatively small library? Statistically speaking, there's a very low chance of you getting enough entertainment per dollar spent, especially when you consider that developers have to take shittier controls into account

Yeah it didn't seem very difficult. Less handholdy than modern Squeenix, but that's not exactly saying much. It honestly seems like a decent game for small amounts of time. EDF missions can sometimes take a little longer than I'd like and I don't necessarily want to keep dungeon layouts memorized all the time

Not talking about quality, just talking about how EDF isn't really any more hardcore than the SNES JRPGs difficulty autist is shitting on. I like it for a lot of reasons, but difficulty is not one of them. You're fighting fairly slow enemies the size of commercial jets with a selection of guns that involve giant explosions and heavy autoaim

Addiitionally, if you're not sure what the subject of the argument is, then please do not participate in the argument.

Did you not say you read the wiki of the series? How did not know that it's a fairly simple game? Well, whatever. You saved 20 bucks, I guess. If you're some kind of masochist, then you can start on Inferno mode, for all I care.

wow, I step away for three hours and the thread blew up. Well, working on the new one now.

That doesn't prove anything you fucking autist. That's just your opinion on whether longer games do better on console, it depends on the actual game itself.
VNs/mobile games are so fucking below even books in attention needed to play anywhere.

The argument was about whether two certain shitty games did better on handheld or console, please stop regurgitating the same accusations I leveled on you. It's just more proof that you're projecting, and now completely trying to change the subject.

for ninja gaiden sigma+ 1 and 2. that's literally the only reason, anything else beyond that was just a bonus to me. $150 to play ninja gaiden on a handheld is worth the money to me.
also project diva.

simple =/= difficult

Man we just spent nearly this whole VITA thread talking about JRPGs and barely Vita games in general, while an actual JRPG thread is dying. These threads usually last a few days.

Tfw bored on a sunday and don't feel like playing vidya so you stay on 8ch on shoot the gun with anons

THEN ANSWER THE QUESTION, YOU FUCKING MORON. Okay, now I'm upset.

The question was open for discussion, and you choose now to offer an actual answer to the question, yet it's somehow my fault that you missed it. Goddamn, you people are impossible. If you wanted to say that "it depends on the game" and wanted to elaborate, you should have fucking done so.

Notice that I said games "LIKE P3/4," that is, GAMES THAT ARE TO BE PLAYED OVER LONG PERIOD OF TIME.

The post in question claimed that playing P3/4 on a TV was a bad idea. I made the point that the handhelds are better for games that are played in short bursts as opposed to something "like P3/4". If you're claiming that "it depends on the game" and you either agree or disagree, then say so. Don't act like a fucking moron, miss the point, and then blame me accuse me of misunderstanding you. The question has been open for an hour now. Maybe you just jumped in whenever. I don't know.

So what exactly do you want? EDF is pretty simple. If you just want a difficult game, then EDF probably won't do it for you unless you do something silly like start on Inferno mode.

To be fair though, there ARE a lot of RPGs on Vita.

Eh, I won't be picking up DT2 until tomorrow, so I figured I'd just shoot the shit. I'll wait for the next thread before asking about Shiren.

i want something as hard as wizardry 8 or freedom unite. or for atlus to release a megami tensei anthology with a bunch of pre nocturne games. hopefully physical so i could buy it used cause i don't want to give them money.

How

i could have named literally any game and you'd call it easy

PDF gets pretty hard, man.

EDF is not what you're looking for, then. That is not what it aims to be. Stranger of Sword City might be better for you. That's pretty challenging.

Except that we later argued that they were not, since P3/4 were shitty highschool vn-tier "RPGs" that could probably be played on a phone.

I did though as stated above, WE ALL FUCKING ARGUED OVER WHY P3/4 WOULD BE BETTER ON A HANDHELD this is why I made the claims. At this point you're just repeating me since you have no argument.

Second Vita thread in a row that's completely overrun by this literal autist.

i'll get it used at gamestop so i can return it if i don't die within an hour of playing

i was not involved in this persona argument at all actually

All right lads, new thread is here:

Lets all take a nice deep breath and play some videogames

Not at all, you just happened to name easier NGB and a game from a genre where literal rote memorization is the key skill while getting buttflustered over difficulty modes

In what way? What meaningful decision making processes are present? What skill, aside from memorization is being tested?

That never happened. I never made that latter point, and that contradicts the point I was making. You made a points about it being shitty and how you would rather not play a shitty game on a console, not how it being shitty means it's better for a handheld.

If you truly believe that a 60 hour JRPG/VN is better played on a handheld than a console, then we agree to disagree. If you were that fucking retard who claimed I was just mad over his opinion of the series, then you weren't making any fucking points at all. If you are not that individual, then fine. We agree to disagree, and I apologize for calling you a moron and bitching you out.

Nigga, I don't know. I just heard it was hard. Damn.

Thank you.

That actually addressed the question, I mean.

haha. i don't memorize a thing, my memory doesn't exist. i blew it with alcohol.
when you get good, your fingers move to the keys you need instinctively.
try playing it again before you say stupid shit.

Wasn't trying to bite your head off or anything, just saying that rhythm games as a general rule are not a bastion of depth or difficulty unless your idea of difficulty is memorizing a sequence

Difficulty comes in a lot of forms. Muscle memory and coordination aren't easy to develop on the spot.

So we never argued over why P3/4 was better on handheld? That never happened? You're fucking retarded.
You aren't going to be playing it 24/7 nigger, you don't read books 24/7 either.

meant to say, "whether or not" not why

Which as far as I'm concerned is a lose condition. Hell, that's how the Kachou had to play.

No, tedium would be doing the same mindless rote action again and again. I'm replaying an entire stage that likely will play out very differently due to the RNG and different enemy behavior.

Not really, the game is almost identical otherwise, just much more heavily refined due in part to having a shitton more entries.

No, I don't see how playing to git gud is tedium.

Do you even know what words mean?

Seriously, are you just throwing out a buzzword for things you don't like?

To have a challenging video game.

No it wasn't. 3 was the worst of the subseries, and one of the worst of the franchise that wasn't an MMO or Devil Children.

But that's wrong - Rockman Zero and Devil May Cry don't give you an automatic gameover for getting hit once or going over time.

You're making it sound like it's just a random chance whether you get something good or not and that it's just blindly resetting until the good result happens, rather than the good result being a matter of learning how to play the game properly and not be a piece of shit at it. That's rather intellectually dishonest but in character for those faggot tutorial prosecutors anyhow

And PS3 as well, your point? It'll still be shit like 3 and 4 before it.

There was some form of argument, but the points you made didn't address the goddamn question. I asked the question, you misunderstood and asked for clarification; I then RESTATED the question, and you proceeded to fail to answer the question. That's not a relevant argument.

I don't even know what to tell you. There was an argument but a clear lack of understanding of the topic.

But in the event that you do, it's going to be better played on a console over a longer period of time as opposed to on a portable in short bursts. If you think it is better played on a portable, explain why that is.

Just play casual mode, holy hit.

Disgusting.

I've played rhythm games before, they aren't new in any way. They have literally 0 depth though, and you're the one who sperg'd out over "low depth rpgs"

Yeah, but the lose condition for those games is actually fucking dying. You would only restart if you ACTUALLY FUCKING LOST. This is fundamentally different from your case in which you restart just because you lost a CHARACTER. Not the actual game. Not the level. BUT THE CHARACTER. Do you restart when you get hit in DMC or Rockman? I fucking hope not, because that is tedious as fuck.

I'm not reading that horribly formatted mess.

I did.
Then I did it again, despite the fact that I abhor repeating myself.
Jesus Christ the mental gymnastics going on here.
You're confusing handheld consoles with phones. I can play VN type games on a handheld for hours anywhere and it's much comfier than using my TV or monitor which I would rather use for real games.

Go hang out with the nips you contrarian faggot.

Difficulty comes in many forms.

Where? Where did you answer the question of how a long-winded game is better played on a handheld? I'm serious. Where did you answer the question of how it's better? Generally speaking, of course.

I sincerely hope that you don't think the only way to "git gud" is by restarting the whole fucking chapter when you lose 1 of potentially 35-40 units, because that's exactly what I've stated is not the point of the permadeath mechanic. Seriously dude, just play casual. If you can't handle not dying on a lower difficulty, you're not going to be able to handle on a higher one. Don't fucking restart just because you made a mistake and then claim that's how you get good.

As opposed to dealing with your mistake and losing a character. Right. This is some mental gymnastics right here.

When I mentioned that because it doesn't require much focus you can play it anywhere. That and we're on fucking 8/v/'s vita thread where people play Vita games for hours on ened. Quit throwing that shortburst faggotry everywhere. It's good for killing time anywhere, and I'll only say that one more time.
When we mentioned it's lack of complexity doesn't fit a console setting at all.

The lose condition is not getting a perfect score. With DMC and it's ilk, there's upgrades and the like that flesh out the battle system and are meant to be utilized to get said score, so progressing through the game to unlock them as well as the proper difficulties is necessary, but once you get to them, you have no excuse for not restarting any time you get hit. In the case of RMZ though, the Cyber Elf system is not meant to be used at all in the earlier games at least, and you're simply meant to just 100 every stage the first time through, which in effect means not getting hit and beating it under a certain time limit while killing X number of enemies.

Yes, sorry, how dare I invest your casual hugbox… oh wait, no, this is Holla Forums, not fucking Reddit. You should probably go back there so you don't have to deal with anyone thinking different from you.

You can state it all you want, doesn't mean you're right. Doesn't matter if permadeath exists or not, if you lose a unit, that's a fail condition. It's the same in FE, SRW, FFT, MSD, most strategy RPGs really.

None of the Fire Emblem games worth playing have difficulty settings for one thing, so I'm not sure why you're even bringing that up as an option. Even if they did though, you always play on the hardest difficulty. Always.

How is it not? How on Earth do you pretend that not being punished for your mistakes and being allowed to progress in spite of them is how you get good?

Like you yourself said, in the case of Fire Emblem there's tons of characters, usually with tons of duplicates of each class. Losing access to a character isn't that big a deal in and of itself. If you want to not use them, hell, go ahead and just bench them. Being allowed to progress despite losing is casual as fuck though.

Which I've stated numerous times, would be better to play on a console, if you're going to play it for that long.

That's the very point that you won't seem to address.

Once again, if you're going to play for a long time, it'd be better to do so on a console. It's more fit for longer sessions. Don't see why this is difficult to understand. I'm aware that you can play on a handheld for a long time, but where I disagree is when you say it's better to do so.

Most JRPGs aren't terribly complex; however, they are typically pretty damn long. How is this better to play on a handheld? Are you saying you'd rather play it briefly or with distractions? If so, that's fine, but I disagree with you.

No, it's not. You don't get a game over for not getting a perfect score.
YOUR PUNISHMENT IS LOSING THE CHARACTER. You are ignoring a major mechanic of the game.

So the point of permadeath is to make your want to restart. Genius. Your approach to these games is silly. I get it, but it's silly.

I think you're playing the wrong series. Losing a regular unit is not a lose condition.

No it fucking isn't. Only if Ramza dies do you get a game over as a result. If you lose ANY other unit that isn't important to that battle, you are permitted to go on. Moreover, in FFT, you have the opportunity to revive your unit. It's mechanically different.

The entire point of the game is to get perfect scores on each stage.

I wish people like you would stop buying video games, trying to win your money is a major part of why the industry has gone to shit

Only one GBA game was bad, and Radiant Dawn/PoR were alright. Keep pretending to be a "hardcore" fan as you peddle the idea of ignoring core gameplay mechanics out of autism.

Better to do so FOR Persona 3, or Persona 4 since they lack the depth of a console game regardless of how long it is. I use to put around 60-80 hours into Pokemon as a kid so it's no different to me.

The point of the game is to defeat the enemies and bosses. You are judged on how well you do so based on your score. The score is a secondary objective.

People who understand a basic concept of the game and don't jump through mental hoops, intentionally circumventing a major aspect of the game to avoid having to face the fact that you're bad at it?

The main difference here is that progression in Pokemon is totally different. You're given the ability to save at any given point in the game and stop playing. There's no issue with reaching a stopping point. It's very simple to play that on and off. P3/4, and other JRPGs, not so much, especially with extended periods of dialogue. Of course, I suppose you could skip them if you wanted to, but you're effectively ignoring a major component of the game.

Fair enough. I'm just making the point.

Like I said, go back to Reddit.

6 was a dumbed down retread of 1 because they had no idea what to do with Kaga gone so they went back to basics. 7 was dumbed down even further to appeal to the Smash Bros/Westerners who only noticed the game because of Smash DX and included a ridiculous 10 stage tutorial campaign, not to mention started the ridiculous self-insert fantasy aspect. 8 brought back the map from 2, but without any of the attempts at exploratory elements 2 had, just using it as an excuse for grinding. Only 6 was alright, 7 and 8 were godawful.

Those are what, the GameCube and Wii games? If so, to be fair I can't really speak on those, didn't have either platform, and assumed they'd be just as bad as 7 and 8, so I didn't bother. I'll concede those two until I have a chance to play them myself.

Ah, more buzzword spam. Yeah, I'm done with you.

If it was just about beating it, it'd be too easy. The intended challenge is to get perfect scores on every stage.

People who want to not be punished for failure and want games to let them progress freely regardless of how badly they fuck up. Seriously, you accuse me of going through mental gymnastics, yet you're somehow trying to say that I, who acknowledge how bad I am and force myself to improve before progressing, is somehow trying to deny a lack of skill, yet you are somehow not the casual who just wants to see the ending without learning or improving at the game? How the fuck do you come to that conclusion?

I'm not claiming that you restarting is a problem. I'm claiming that you're an idiot if you think the only way to improve is by restarting. I'm also claiming that you are 100% wrong in stating that restarting is what you are INTENDED to do, as opposed to a simple option. Permanent death is there for a reason. Your punishment for failure is permanent death. For some reason, whatever the fuck it might be, you don't want to acknowledge that.

I don't care how you prefer to play. I really don't. I only have a problem with you insisting that what you are doing is the only way to play and is somehow less casual/more skillful than carrying on. I'm even more baffled as to how this does not qualify as needless repetition.

Holy fuck. I bet you'd go through life with a rewind button if you could.

Yo I wish ya'll niggaz told me that Muramasa Rebirth is like the best game I'd play this year. Been playing it and it's incredible.

I hate Muramasa Rebirth. It's way too casual on normal thanks to autoblocking and later bosses on hard are completely broken thanks to level scaling and the absence of autoblocking. The only redeeming quality the game has is the graphics and those can only carry a game so far.