ITT: Unconventional horror games

What are some horror games that go against the principles of what horror games usually are?

Take for example Six Days in Fallujah, a realistic game that would fuck with the player by having insurgents ambush the player in fucked up ways, having dead enemies squirm about dying on the floor rather than immediately dropping dead, moral decisions, and generally having a very damp, dark, and depressing atmosphere, like a real war.

Though nobody knows what the status of Atomic Games is currently, they say they are still working on the game, and their website has been updated for this year, but no word otherwise.

Bump.

i'm not sure i understand the thread. do you mean "scary or disturbing things in a non-horror game"?

if so, the screaming of the wounded in red orchestra 2 is absolutely PTSD tier

War is horror, and politicians treat it like a game.

It fits either way.

That's the only thing Tripwire did right with that game. Make war seem like a living hell, as it should be portrayed.

that game looked interesting, i remember fox news complained about it until they shamed the devs into cancelling it. The days when the right wing was the SJWs wasn't really that long ago, that game was cancelled in think it mid 2000s.

I could never into this games. I cant get any kind of major emtional response from MP games. Since at the end of the day MP games are really only about winning the match and rinse, repeat.

It would be interesting to mod some other game with those sounds though.

in a lot of the maps, they're spread out enough so that you don't get the usual competitive MP problems - faglords camping the "good spots", etc - and the combat feels a lot more organic i hate using that word but it fits

feels really immersive, especially when you've got some guy with a machine gun in the third floor window pinning your guys down, all you can hear is the muted rattle of his gun and the snip snap zing of the nearby bullets, and some poor fucker in the ditch is hit and screaming for his mother

The fact that people actually got paid to make not one, not two, but THREE Bubsy games keeps me up at night.

I didn't know they're still working on it. Thanks, OP.

Shit like murder or Trouble in Terrorist Town can actually be terrifying if you are scared by the inability to trust anyone around you, or by the pressure of lying continuously if you aren't used to it.

I think the most memorable moment in TTT for me was when someone threw a smoke grenade in a room with many exits and I got separated from everyone else, and some guy walked up to me. We both thought eachother was the traitor and we had to keep giving our alibis for each of the murders and vetting it with the rest of the group until someone got murdered far away from us so we knew it wasn't each other.

and if any of you are fa/tv/irgins I would recommend Green Room and It Follows for unconventional horror movies. The former is set up like a typical action thriller but its shot and has audio like a horror movie, and the latter is set up like a typical slasher movie but plays out as a very strange slow paced thriller where the tense mystery is less "where da monster at?" and more "is that person walking towards me a monster or some regular dude who happens to be walking towards me?" It Follows also has the best horror OST of any movie period, though feel free to prove me wrong I love this shit.

Those guys are alright. They made Close Combat series.

V IM DRINK AS FUCKING RIGHT NOW I JUT AAW SATH THIS SSTUUD FUCKING GAY COMINC IM PISSING LIEF SHIT OFF RIGHT OW FUCKING WHAT THEUFKC HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

this aint the LOL thread dog
got a solid heh out of that comic though jesus christ

sage for off topic

(Fuckin' checked.)

Has anyone tried to apply RO2's PTSD inducing shit to another sim-like game, like ARMA?

The CC series is still going, but Atomic don't make it.