Morrowind

Tamriel Rebuilt just made an update video. They're talking about house Dres land which is heavy into production. Concept art looks amazing.
Fuck me for liking Morrowind. This is Berserk levels of waiting.

Other urls found in this thread:

xlengine.com/delays-and-progress/
github.com/TES3MP/TES3MP
download.fliggerty.com/download-127-874
pastebin.com/7gF2VLaf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I thought Tamriel Rebuilt was vaporware since nobody's doing any programming.

Tamriel Rebuilt needs to either shut down, or finally merge with OpenMW.

OpenMW is the superior, more concrete, pratical project that is advancing at a reasonable pace, with the superior team working on it that actually knows what they're doing.

Spreading the morrowind community like this is wasteful, and stupid.

Beth is closely monitoring these project and if they don't both hurry the fuck up and release something definitive that can't be deleted off the internet once it's out there, Beth WILL eventually shut down everything and take anything of value for themselves to release "improved hd re-releases" and jew the normalfags.

You don't really follow what's going on? First of, they're not going to switch to OpenMW untill OpenMW is released as 1.0. Once it is, they promised to make a switch. Secondly, Beth isn't going to shut them down. That's because they already have all legal permissions from Zenimax.

The projects are completely different you retard. OpenMW is about recreating the core, Tamriel Rebuilt is about adding onto the shell. That's why they're compatible.

I think they would at least make a deal or something. Hell, working on PT or skywind would make for a great job application to big B.

Remember the guy who made the shitty land mod? Even he couldn't make it into Bethesda. I doubt they'll hire you unless you know Todd personally.

They're compatible you big retard.

I can't wait to start modding this shit but I absolutely refuse to use the original Construction set issued with Morrowind, partially because of it being shit and partially because of Beths bullshit legal slop that makes mods you make on it legally theirs.

Open-MW is moving a snails pace so any hype I had for this stuff has diminished significantly, here's a screenshot of rudimentary distant lands support for Open-MW, it's going to blow the fuck out of the shitty MGE-XE distant land system, although if Open-MW isn't optimized significantly it won't matter.

It doesn't need programming, it's a mod, it needs models, sounds, scripts and textures and the assembly of these things in the construction set

these two projects can't merge, TR should go Open-MW exclusive but considering how much Open-MW has slowed down in the past few months that won't happen anytime soon, Open-CS is slow as fuck, you can't even rotate or nudge objects into place, you can't edit terrain, the camera is shit, it's in really bad shape and without a feature complete Open-CS TR can't become Open-MW exclusive.

Beth can't do anything legal against Open-MW and because the project is not US based they can't tie them up in legal fees and force them into submission that way, it's 100% safe.

stop repeating this really fucking bad meme please.

Tamriel Rebuilt is a mod, OpenMW is an engine

The only "merging" that will ever need to happen is when OpenMW's editor becomes more functional than the default one. You can already play TR inside of OpenMW so I have no idea what you're mad about.

By the Sermons! Don't reveal truth to lessers. Tis is anuddah Imperial Empire!

Hlaalu actually got demoted and is no longer a great house by the time Skyrim came around

ESO's morrowind was a fucking disaster. Stone towers and shit EVERYWHERE, when in Morrowind those were only for 1.) imperial forts, and 2.) Mournhold, the capital. Why would a tiny swamp area have big-ass stone towers and forts? Where are all my limestone shacks?

Hopefully their beloved Empire will soon follow.

Time will tell if they can make the combat not suck like it did in Morrowind.

They won't be the ones to do it unless they start contributing to OpenMW. Tamriel Rebuilt is new land, new quests, new story. Not gameplay alterations.

you'd think if they're spending so much time making a new world, they'd want it to be as enjoyable as possible.

Trainwiz claims he already prepared OpenMW combat improvement mods,but he's waiting for OpenMW to be released to upload them. Also an OpenMW SSE update.

They're actually going to create a slower leveling addon that scales better with the 3 times bigger landmass, instead of running around on level 60 all the time. Only OpenMW and time will tell if it's good.

Do not talk about that game pls.

It was an okay game though. Not a full Elder Scrolls game, but not a full MMO either. The enemy spawn was a lot faster, and you couldn't interact with every NPC or go in every house, but it felt pretty close to an ES game, though kind of like if a minor company had tried to copy the style of one and came up short.
They did have this thing where the characters from the starter area would follow you as you progressed, like they'd be camping outside one town, holding a funeral in the next, participating in the background of a fight, ect. I thought that was a very nice touch since it was all visual storytelling rather than explained to you by a big block of text like the main games.

In the end I'd say I enjoyed it, and would consider going back to try out new content, but it's not worth the full price or a subscription

Yeah you can do some gameplay changes via mods. But not combat overhauls and stuff like that. Also that sort of gameplay change does make a lot of sense for the project.

sage and report

classy

Although this might've been some of the most slowest months for progress, it's probably one of the best years for OpenMW related mods. Granted it's mostly just taking advantage of the normal maps feature, but you have to start somewhere.

THE HYPE NEVER DIES WITH ME

I imagine an idyllic future years from now where OpenMW is released, and TR in addition to all the other province mods are completely finished and playable all together so the world can finally have the perfect TES game

It'll never fucking happen but a man can dream…

Is there a single mod that makes combat not shit?
If would even settle for something like PS2-era dynasty warriors or fucking diablo.
I just want half-decent animations and if my sword visibly hits shit - to actually hit shit.

openmw is fully playable its a lot closer than you think

There's a mod that makes attacks hit 100% of the time. Alternatively you can just play the game and raise your weapon skill and agility. Over time you chance to hit will increase.

Chance-to-hit is cancer killing video games.

i think he meant more like keep the rng so it remains balanced but actually have animations show you flinging your sword a fuckload of random directions and contact the enemy on hit

This mod is amazing.

Better than anything Bethsoft has made in decades. If they were smart, they'd canonize it when it's done.

I'm a simple person, I hate RNG.
Character's skill with weapon can be represented by a lot of things that isn't chance-to-hit.

I know that morrowind is an old game, but it went nowhere since then.
Devs are lazy fucks, and combat in RPGs is one of the most stagnant things in the industry.

i agree but dont think there is a single mod like that unfortunately

Oh I know openMW is playable, I was more referring to the slow slog of TR and, to a far greater extent, Skyrim:HotN and Province Cyrodiil

If you have at least 15 points in the weapon type you want to use, you'll never miss. Decide from the beginning what weapon type your race is good at. Nords are good at axes and lances, redgaurds are good at longswords.

Personally, I love the character system in morrowind and I can't play skyrim without modding it back in.

My only real complaint about Morrowind is just that - melee combat.
It's one of the best role playing games to date. And to goes both for world interaction and for character customization.

I think you'd love Gothic

Don't you play as some preset dude like in Wircher?
I don't like that, I want to create my OC donuts for role playing. I mean what's the point of RPG otherwise?

This is why I could never get into JRPGs. Well, most of them, anyway

Doesn't matter what weapon type your race is good at, really. If the weapon's in your major/minor skills you're good.

Okay it seems that there is still a ton of confusion about both Tamriel Rebuilt and OpenMW. Neither of them are remakes, reboots, or fan overhauls. Neither do anything to change gameplay in any significant way, and for the most part neither is intended to change graphics in any significant way. They are also completely compatible from each other and do completely different things. Tamriel Rebuilt does nothing but adds a lot to the geography outside of Vvardenfell. It adds new lands, cities, etc. People are excited for it because there are some awesome big ass cities outside of Vvardenfell that would be fun to explore. It is also completely playable despite not having a fraction of the content done, even on OpenMW. It does not need to be merged with OpenMW and the only time the OMW will have an impact on TR's development is when the editor is finished and better than the vanilla one, and when performance in the engine can help let the TR devs put the bigger cities in the game.

OpenMW is not a game, it doesn't change gameplay, and technically it can have absolutely nothing to do with Morrowind. It is an engine that seeks to significantly improve vanilla performance, functionality, and moddability. OpenCS is the editor for OpenMW, and it is much less far along. OpenMW is currently entirely useable and for the most part is universally better than the vanilla engine. It cannot be shut down by Bethesda with any legal ground because it is a project that has no code created by Bethesda in it and technically does not have the name Morrowind in it. It can even be used to make entirely different games, because all it does is reads the vanilla Morrowind files (.esm, .bsa, .esp, etc) and runs the game. The current goal of OpenMW is to look, sound, and play the same as vanilla with less bugs and better performance. After 1.0, they will focus more on adding entirely new features like graphical improvements or ragdoll support.

The editor is far from complete though and while in some ways it already has more functionality than the vanilla one (change skills, animations), it is often difficult to use and almost unusable for anything related to level design.

If you can do art and want to help out with a Morrowind project, go work on Tamriel Rebuilt. If you are a programmer and want to help out, go work on OpenMW or OpenCS. And please if you see any retards who think that TR or OpenMW is something like Skywind or some garbage it would be nice if you could inform them about what each project actually is.

Great explanation, mate.

Anyhow, I'm very hyped about Dres House content. Catching up on lore work done by the project, Tamriel Rebuilt seems to have made Des the most interesting house of the lot.

An analogy could be with doom. OpenMW is like gzdoom, and TR is like a .wad for levels

That's a great example, I'll probably use that to quickly explain it from now on.

Souls games and Dragon's Dogma

Those aren't RPGs.
No more than diablo.

also when is that fuck Lucius going to release the next version of DaggerXL

Jews operate on nepotism alone. It's folly to expect anything more.

Mountainblade

Has anyone here played the Doors of Oblivion mod? Basically it adds explorable oblivion realms that has new locations, quests, items, creatures and more.

Will OpenMW include the expansions.

Please stop.

shit out of luck fam.

The combat is not going to change; take your ritalin and pick up a math book for kindergartners. Or just wait for skywind like a good little boy.

What do you mean user.

You're either obvious bait or didn't read the thread.

It's time to stop

I believe they are moving almalexia to an actual place in the world instead of it being teleport only.
It will still be closed and inaccessibile unless you do the quest for entering

That's Tamriel Rebuilt, he's asking about OpenMW.

Or maybe you'd think that the programming would be left to the programmers, you dummy.

What, did he miss the "Open" part of "OpenMW"?

Please stop.

xlengine.com/delays-and-progress/

I really loved Necrom.

Finally someone that explains it for the newfriends.

Anyways, from what I've played Tamriel Rebuild and OpenMW is something Bethesda should shit their pants for. Shows how amazing things can be with you use a little love and care.
Same counts for Nehrim and Enderal, fucking beautiful shit.

Is it actually any good?

The Septim Empire all but disintegrating at the hands of the Dominion is why Hlaalu was dragged down from their position of power.

Damn TESO has established the canon landscape for the previously unseen lands no matter how much people want to refuse. I'm not that disappointed by what they did with mainland Morrowind, but the architecture was a letdown.

bump

Just roll with the idea ESO is just a daedric plane where the princes are playing with damned souls, otherwise you're going to have to accept all this shit.

It really was a wonder to behold
For like 5 minutes until you saw everything and realized there was nothing going on and they didn't get to the part where they actually added content to the area

If you actually bothered to go into the temple, there was a lot of symbolism to be extracted from the images. And if you found your way deep into the catacombs, a unique quest was waiting for you there.

Wow
One whole quest

It's enough to keep the city memorable. I came for the sight seeing, not just questing.

I know that, mate, but the Empire is still trying to dig its claws further into Skyrim and Hammerfell despite the problems back in Cyrodiil. Remember the description of Bruma in Cicero's journal?

If the Emperor wasn't such a coward, he wouldn't have accepted the white-gold concordat. It was already known to the Empire by the time of its signing that the final Aldmeri offensive on the Imperial City was a last-ditch effort to try and force a surrender or a truce, and yet he still let those filthy knife-ears peg him up the arse.

Indeed, after the Septim line ended, those who rose to the top had no claim to the throne. Current line of emperors are profane war lords, weak and liberal softies disrespecting the memory of the Empire. They've waging a war for their own genocide, promising future glory that they will never deliver. Yet, liberal cucks will defend them.

How easy is it to migrate mods to OPEN CS? I know that OPEN MW is compatible with Official morrowind esms but not the otherway around right?

Also, ESO isn't made by Todd Howard and it's shit so it's fanfic and not cannon at all.

Can you climb that mountain, user?

tfw was able to climb that mountain in Witcher 3 without a horse

Just levitate fagot

What's wrong with the visuals?

LEVITATE?! WHO ORDERED THAT EXTRAVAGANCE?!

FORGING YOUR OWN SPELLS?! CAN'T YOU SEE ORDINARY USERS WILL GET EASILY CONFUSED!!!

SKYRIM IS BETTER THAN ANY OF ITS PREDECESSORS, AND TRUST ME, SKYRIM 2 WILL BLOW YOU AWAY! PREORDER IT NOW!

Easy and hard, OpenMW is still missing some scripting features and OpenCS is still missing a load of modding features. MW/CS has it's own format for addons called omwaddon, incompatible with Morrowind but compatible with new features that may eventually make it into OpenMW, at this point it looks like basic fancy features like fine character customization and mwse parity will be available when Project Outreach is released.

It's that (((marketing))) Faggot, Pete Hines, that "streamlines" the game for gamer girl millennials to play and tells Todd to overhype the game. Todd is very handsome and would never lie. Make sure to pre-order.

Yeah, I hope they can put the finishing touches soon so it's at least "one to one" with the original. I remember how long it took just to add body scaling into the game…

You're telling me.

You just don't like RPGs. This is like if I got mad at shooters for not being turn based.

It's not gonna be one for one for a while, earlier this year a safe bet would have been end of year at the latest but since Scrawl has been really busy and Zini is useless it's moving at a snails pace.

Vanilla looks ten times better.

Are you playing that on an ATI Rage II?

That's more fog tgan my vanilla game.

It was taken during a foggy day and it isn't my screenshot. My point was that distant land isn't something that makes Morrowind better but instead ruins the game somewhat. Being able to see the Ghostfence from Balmora makes the world feel so tiny. Morrowind much like Silent Hill was made with the engine limitations in mind.

No good render has unlimited draw distance, that would look like ass if you saw pixels from mountain a trillion miles away.

Distant lands simply ups the draw distance to be consistent with other games which are consistent with real world visibility. Distant lands still allows for fog in places such as weather and sandstorms, etc.

Yeah but the game was designed with a short draw distance in mind.

Because it needed to work on the xbox
Vivec wasn't a proto-walled city with barely anything in the exterior cells because that's what the developers wanted, it was because they wanted that sweet dudebro money

Hold up, I just realized that there is no Elder Scroll in the entirety of Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind (from what I can recall). Am I correct?

I know they were physically in Skyrim and Oblivion but I can't remember any in Morrowind. I also am a casual faggot who barely played Daggerfall and didn't play Arena. Did either of them not actually have Elder Scrolls in them?

To be fair, in 2002 the Xbox was certainly comparable to a good computer in terms of performance.

I don't think computers could render all that far back then.

No.

Anyone wants to talk lore?

one of the most puzzling parts in 36 lessons of vivec is, in sermon 19 there's this part:

Your house is safe now
So why is it–
Your house is safe now
So why is it–

what does it mean? why is it what?

The sermon is split into two parts. First one is an apocalyptic vision of 3rd era. It reads like Revelations, except it isn't about the Whore of Babylon and the anti-Christ, it's about shezzarines and Talos. I understand why Vivec would be afraid of him and cast him in that light. It's really funny.

Second part talks about four corners making and protecting the world. It's much harder to read because many symbols and references pass over my head. There's the divines and Lorkhan etc. But I can't definitively say what it's about. But it seems to me it's pointing to future disasters which nothing can stop. Dagoth Ur, The Red Year and Landfall loom over Morrowind with both physical and metaphysical consequences which Vivec is not willing to talk about.

starting a fresh morrow wind run.

any suggestions characters wise ?
also any texture mods ?

Altmer atronach

HAPPENING DETECTED

github.com/TES3MP/TES3MP

The Morrowind Multiplayer source code has been made public, get ready for a new age, old men running the world.

What are THE essential mods?

My computer's pretty shit so I don't want to push it too far, but I've already played the game in vanilla plenty of times

Forgot to mention I've already got Morrowind Overhaul and MPP.
I'm just interested in a polish, not drastically altering the game.

aw man. Pretty sure I've watched two projects just fade into the abyss. Hopefully it being open source means it'll actually be finished.

The really only important one for polish is Morrowind overhaul, it has pretty much every important mod. You should also get the official add-ons, the master index is nice.

Better heads better bodies mod for characters. Personally I can live with the vanilla environment texture, sheeeit I think morrowind water texture and effects are still pretty good. But I can't play with vanilla morrowind potato faces.

Westly's pluginless head replacer is much better than better heads

download.fliggerty.com/download-127-874

Guideanon's guide: pastebin.com/7gF2VLaf

The guy working on TES3MP is still working on it he has commits and notes on the project that are only hours old. The creator of TES3MP had to make it public at some point since it's based on OpenMW which is GPL. I wonder if TES3MP will be merged into OpenMW proper, I hope it is and it being merged prompts Zini to finish the distant lands system that he has been working on.

I recommend instead using Cuckoms heads which are just better, I think they need better bodies too.

That's hid.

But to be fair, I did not expect TR to have an update so soon. I hope Project Tamriel picks up the pace.

Hmm, the orcs are not as WoW-ish as better heads so that's a plus, but the rest are average looking to my eyes. Certainly better than vanilla but the artist(s) that did better heads had some pretty good looking faces IMO. Westly's seems to be more for people who wants a cleaned up vanilla faces style, and not major differences.

Those looks decent. I wish I can remember the name of the artist(s?) that did better heads mod in the day. I still like many of their female faces.

I have a general question about dwarves.
Are they meant to remain misterious and elusive?
Would it be cool if in a new TES game you suddenly met a cache of secluded dwarves hidden from the world, working on a secret & important project?

How to have fun in Morrowind:
ideally all of this with a mod that fixes the leveling system and makes your magic skills scale the cost of spells rather than the chance of their success/failure.

It's not so much that they're mysterious and elusive as it's that they're complicated and dead. The atmosphere of mystery is great, but their story is most definitely concluded. Todd wants to keep the feel intact, though.

And we won't meet them. They're gone for good.

The areas that you can explore are fairly interesting, the combat is fairly challenging in certain areas and the quests so far seem fairly simplistic in nature. It isn't Shivering Isles level of expansiveness and content, but some of the realms are fairly huge and have multiple places to explore with their own unique loot that's specific to that realm. The daedric princes themselves are probably one of the more weaker aspects of the mod, as most of the time they just sit there and look pretty, giving you small bits of dialogue when you speak to them. Sometimes theres even references to older games, like The corpse of Cyrus(?) Overall it's a fairly good mod that adds over a solid 10 hours worth of content that'll take you to multiple different locations and gives you a good challenge with nice rewards if you put the time into looking for them.

Did Yagrum Bagarn die or is he still kicking around?

We don't know, but since he won't really tell anyone about his people and is destined to die to corpus, it doesn't really matter. For all effects and purposes, there are no more Dwemer. Unless you run a /tg/ESG game and decide to involve him into your own plot.

The Dwemer are gone from Nirn - every single one of them except Yagrum Bagarn was wiped from existence when Kagrenac struck the heart of Lorkhan with his tools at Red Mountain in an attempt to get Numidium working. There ARE no Dwemer left for us to find, unless they blatantly retcon this fact and make another group of them that had stayed in a plane of Oblivion for some arbitrary length of time and only now returned to Tamriel.

Is he telling the stories of his people?
I'm sure whole volumes could be written on the things that guy could tell.
To me, those guys are like the Chozo birdmen from Metroid, and I'd like a quest "Knights of the 9" style about finding the pieces of a special dwemer armor.

When you probe him for details in Morrowind, he brushes you off as some things are better forgotten and laid to rest.

The TR update is a maintenance update, they are going to release some kind of update every 3 months even if they haven't done any work.

I agree, I played a breton with my buddy because he bought himself and I a copy, I liked it enough to consider buying the expacs, something I'd normally never do. People autisticly shit on it as if the game didn't improve since its less than stellar release, but if any of you anons can get it on sale it's pretty fun to fuck around in with your friends if you spastics have any

So, we're all in agreement that the Tribunal did nothing wrong, right?

Almalexia is a vengeful, deceitful cunt.
Vivec is a lying man-whore.
Sotha Sil is a treacherous backstabber, but still pretty cool.

The only thing Dagoth Ur did wrong was giving the Nerevarine a chance.

Not really. Might want to look up an Elder Scrolls Phenomenon called "Dragon Break." - Tiber Septim causes one when he activates the ancient Dwarven Numidium for his conquest of Tamriel.

To put it simply a Dragon Break alters the very fabric of reality, causing some events to happen, while preventing others from ever happening. So it's quite possible that Tiber Septim deleted ESO from history.

It was the other Vivec and murdering is only natural when he'd murder you if he were quicker.
One fuck up in multiple millennia, that's pretty good.
After Nerevarine ruined everything.
A God has every right to his vengeance when crossed. They knew it'd happen.
Also a nurturing mother and a healer.
And an artist and a top tier intellectual leading successfully Morrowind during the hardest of times.
Sotha Sil is my weeb brother I never had.
His only wrong doing was being mad.

Wew lad, I bet you are a "griffith did nothing wrong" faggot too

Griffith is obviously the antichrist. There is no such morality in TES and if there were, Tribunal still wouldn't be aligned with evil.

Pretty much

The Dwemer caused a Dragon Break by trying to tap into a gods power. It caused them to bend reality and remove all the Dwemer from Nirn. They may be alive, but they'll never be able to return.

Vivec might have erased Vehk, but he knows what he did. It's still Foul Murder.

Yeah, but that's a pretty big one considering how close Dagoth Ur was to activating Akulakhan.

Vivec was no true god. He achieved Royalty, yes, but he knew that he was an impostor. What he did was no better than Azura cursing the entirety of the Chimer for the Tribunal's treachery.

Was a nurturing mother and a healer. When her power waned, she showed her true colours.

True that may be, it doesn't erase what he's done wrong.

In a world of insanity, sanity is madness.

It's also one that can't be repaid by anything but pointless bloodshed.
Nerevarine was part of his plan, though. All was under control.
Mere speculations.
Depends on which side of the right of kings you stand on. He definitely achieved the title by teleology of Dunmeri religion. Whether that or traditional theology takes precedent is debatable.
That may be. But she's just a woman. You can't live without them, you can't do with them.

The Tribunal relied on the heart of Lorkhan for their powers. Beings like the Aedra, the Daedra, or indeed, Talos himself who mantled Lorkhan, do not. That is what distinguishes them to me.

Heh.

PRAISE TALOS

Well it explains why there's absolutely nothing on this covenant war, or any mention of Molag Bal. They were erased from history.

TALOS THE UNERRING
TALOS THE UNASSAILABLE
TO YOU, WE GIVE PRAAAAAAAAISE

And yet Azura is a "true god"

What's your point? Vengeance does not a god unmake.

If vengeance isn't enough to make a god not a god, then what the fuck is your point?

Vivec isn't a god to me because he relies on the heart of Lorkhan for his power, while Azura does not.

Vivec not stopping Bar-Dau and Azura cursing the chimer are both acts of vengeance. This doesn't change their divinity (or lack thereof) in any way.

Godhood and vengeance are different factors. If you can't differentiate between the two, you shouldn't be discussing any kind of lore.

If they're different, then why the fuck did you compare vivec with azura as an explanation for vivec being "no true god" in the first place

I was showing the injustice of Vivec's vengeance and comparing it to Azura's curse. The two statements are connected through their criticism of Vivec, but each on a different aspect of his person.