Tfw you live in such a fucked up Timeline Big Boss is now seen by the people of the 21st century as the heroic figure...

Tfw you live in such a fucked up Timeline Big Boss is now seen by the people of the 21st century as the heroic figure to relate to in Metal Gear

What does that say about us?

Miller please.

It means that he did nothing wrong and all he wanted to do was realize The Boss' vision of the future, and that you're an idiot.

The Boss didn't even remotely want anything BB did.
BB warped her vision to fit HIS personal needs, aka being a soldier that is useless and unfit for anything else in life, thus resorting to conflict and war his entire life because he's shit and too autistic to do anything else.

TB literally wanted war to end and for her and BB to live normal lives, that was her true desire.

BB is an autistic manchild only worshipped by fellow mentally underdeveloped autistic manchildren aka most of Holla Forums.

Solid Snake is the true hero of the series and among the few people that in the end figured it all out and realized the true nature of war, conflict, life, love and what makes one tuly human.

Zero pls go and stay go.

Mr hayter knows whats up.

So… is this thread about Metal Gear's lore or we can discuss some Metal Gear 5 gameplay too?

How do you get S++ soldiers? do I need to get a high heroism first for that? how much before going to farm some soldiers?

If you're on PC, mods.

If you're on console, FOB. You can't get S++ soldiers in freeroam/missions.

I see, and how about S ones?

The best I can get is regular A++ ones.

Also, how do I know when is a base player abandoned and not being played in months? not want to steal soldiers to someone active. First because I don't want to be a jerk and second because I suck a little.

It says WORDS THAT KILL

Okay, so if Venom Snake was just rused into thinking he was Big Boss, and was in fact just a good soldier of his, does this not trivialise Solid and Liquid being clones of the greatest soldier in the world? If you can just train a guy to be as good as Big Boss, why bother with cloning the nigga?
I might be forgetting some important plot points but still.

Well, if the old lore isn't retconnected Big Boss DO really have great soldier genes, and I think by the time Venom Snake is on there is already some genetic treatment.

Is not far fetched that Venom Snake had genetic treatment.

If you mean the tool who did what he was told until the end, yeah. If it wasn't for Sunny and FOXALIVE then the idiot would have just restored the Patriots to power.

That's not how you spell Revolver Ocelot.

The Patriots did nothing wrong.

That's not how you spell Raiden :^)

The Patriots did a lot wrong.
Look around you, you're living in their world

You should be able to find S soldiers out in the field. I think you need 150,000 heroism to get them though. I could be wrong though, it's been a while since I played.

The Patriots are literal SJWs.

Okay, so he's like one of the genome soldiers? I guess that makes me a little less angry at Kojima.

I guess an enharced genome soldier? If they gave him a robotic arm why not some sweet Big Boss gene juice?

Ok, I've been taking it slowly, trying to do most collections and archivements before mission 22. I want to be ready when I get my first FOB.

Anyway, do I need the FOB to increase the level of my divisions?

When did big boss get cloned?
Also snake didn't figure it out at the end of mgs4, rather big boss just told him that. "Don't waste your life fighting"
So arguably he just kept doing as told even post series.

As for big boss clone being trivial, that was the ending of being mgs2 where raiden was arbitrarily turned into solid snake as part of s3 despite not being a clone.

There were many chances to get Big Boss' DNA after Snake Eater. I guess just after he was condecorated they started the project and run tests?

Besides, didn't he got back to the US service to make foxhound?

I thought he was cloned between Portable Ops and Peace Walker, because Les Enfants Terribles is what caused the split between BB and Zero.

That's one thing you've got to give Kojima, I don't think I've ever seen as slimey and hateable a character as Huey, each time he opens his rat mouth you just hate him more. Really one of the greatest characters in vidya.

Genes were a meme, Boss trained Jack, Jack trained David and Eli had his own training. If you give people the best of the best training and tell them they are the best they tend to stand out in a crowd as a result, now make them the clones of the man they are being trained to emulate and this is exacerbated all the more so.

Snake wasnt the hero just because of his genes, if anything he was the hero to spite them.

I guess we'll never get a game where Foxhound is funded or see Snake and Otacon run Philantropy.

He was so benign in Peace Walker to, but then in Phantom Pain you keep going "just shut up Huey, shut your goblin mouth. You are only digging yourself deeper!"

I think it's actually sort of funny. Going back and playing PW after beating MGSV and suddenly a lot of red flags popped up for me about Huey, that I never questioned before.

I mean, the dude basically gives Big Boss the CIA's secrets the very second he meets the guy, without even knowing who he is. Then he agrees to build him a bi-pedal robot that is capable of firing nukes off.

Huey was always a traitor. It's just that before, he betrayed the CIA to us, so we didn't see anything wrong with it.

Big Boss stole medic's life, then took credit for his work.

Venom was a real human bean and a real hero.

I used to think that too, then I relistened to various tapes in Peace Walker and realized Huey's always been a spineless cuck. That said him not being in on the plan that lead to the original mother Base being taken out is most likely true since that's the one thing he's consistent on.

More anons need to emulate that in PPSSPP or some shit and try that online bro-op.

Where are those tapes in PW? i have never found them and feel like a fucking idiot.

They're in the menus which you get for breifings you can choose to listen to and is never forced on you except the hidden Paz tapes and Miller's diary.

Honestly, I think Peace Walker is one of the best Metal Gear Solid titles. I love pretty much all of them, but I really enjoyed Peace Walker's atmosphere and the whole base building aspect, even if it wasn't really fleshed out. Which is part of why I found MGSV to be a bit of a disappointment - they didn't really expand on the base building at all.

And yeah, I'm one of the fags who thought Love Deterrence was a great song for the final boss.

Bigger Bosss was a better hero

Noiyce.

BROTHERRRRRRRRR

I got it in the HD collection and while it does feel smaller in size since its origins are a PSP game i was put off for years because of Silent Hill Origins and didnt want another Konami shat out experience like that.

Then i played it and the story was great, the characters felt believable and the entire crux of snakes inability to deal with shooting the boss instead of being a blank player slate was great stuff.
and i even liked all the music, i dont know why people hate it, but then people by and large seem to hate way to fall from 3 too soooo…

Oh man, I have absolutely no doubt I'd hate the game if I had played it on the PSP. Not being able to crawl was bad enough, but at least I had a second stick to aim. The game would be impossible without that.

How in the hell is that possible?

The crawl bugged me a little till i noticed there is no reason for it to exist in this games design ethos.

He's not the bad guy here! You're the bad guys!

Its so dead on.

BON VOYAGE
O
N

V
O
Y
A
G
E

It says that mgsfags are one of the most retarded fanbases.

I thought solidus trained jack.
And then how is jack training David given the age?

Jack as in Naked Snake.

BB absolutely has high functioning autism but what makes him a manchild?

There's always Pachinko Machines…

Its because Kojima did a bad job of making BB the villain. If the series ended with 3, the pieces were all in place for that to still work. Then 4 happened. Then PW.

Kojima also loved the idea of myths and legends not being true, so BB being some monster that must be stopped was just a prank, bro.

We also live in a timeline where MGS4 perfected the gameplay… but won't let us actually play it.

Peace Walker is fine, it showed Snake actually go from the angry saluting deserter of MGS3's ending to the actual Big Boss of MG1. it wasn't an overnight thing, they showed the events that lead to it and strangeloves work and snakes reaction was a great part of metal gear canon.

I'm still mad they downplayed what happened with the "ghost in the machine" thing that happened with the Boss. I really loved that scene, then MGSV basically wrote it off as a glitch in the system.

I think the 5 stuff was a wink at you for replays, since big boss isnt in 5 the mammal pod is missing its final mission data input to 'be' the Boss. Just like "Eli is in no way genetically connected to you Boss" is another winky joke for replays.

This. Instead of showing what happens to BB, we get a game of sentence fragments, autistic facial expressions, and hours of casette tapes.

Fuck man, if only we got MGSV with the autistically precise gameplay of MGS4 instead of standard 3rd person shootan game mechanics. Even something as simple as using triggers for items/weapons instead of a d-pad menu (which was kept on PC even though keys 1-9 exist) makes it feel different.. All they had to do was make sidearms not suck and let any weapon be suppressed.

In MGS4 you have your stealth gear, but in the end you're outnumbered and outgunned by genetically enhanced soldiers and the brand new threat of AI weapons like Gekko. Even the CQC shows it, Snake can still kick ass but if you're a second off then the soldiers will waste no time in kicking your ass to the ground.

In MGSV you're an autistic super soldier with an entire army at your whim and command. Nothing poses a threat. You don't even have to manage health or gear because there's no food/rations and ammo can be airdropped. Too many soldiers? You have close air support standing by. Enemy helicopter show up? Or a tank? Just have a rocket launcher airdropped to you with the precision of laser guided munitions. Run into an enemy soldier at close range? Don't worry, it takes him 5 seconds to get his knife out and even if he's thrusting towards you there's still a one-button slow motion disarm sequence.

Think about the sequence in MGS4 where you have to track Naomi through the jungle with her captors. Snake has NVGs that can see footprints but there are different size footprints to look for, plus the different footprint left by Naomi's shoes. And on top of that you have PMCs on patrol and FROGs waiting in ambush in different parts of the map, not to mention routes that double back or lead to dead ends.

I'm having trouble thinking of a mission in MGSV that didn't boil down to

MGSV lacks diversity to its missions. You are right about that.
You know what I like? Is that in mgs2 while you could go guns blazing and take on every situation in Big shell like a fucking super hero, it would've been out of character and you would have to deal with riot shields.
In MGSV, they have nothing like this. Because the focus of the game was giving the player more options and even allowing them to completely ditch stealth, you cant offer up different and interesting objectives. Because the intended experience is so broad, they had to plan for players going completely undetected and loud. Which is probably why you don't see objective that say "complete x undetected" or "complete x without getting a serious injury or restarting at check point after detected.". Which puts a lot of emphasis on the non-lethal versus lethal component of the game. And while going through a villiage silently with a pistol and racking up a death toll more akin to Arsenal gear or running through it in heavy armor with a stun shotgun and getting them prepped for "venom snakes personal tour of the stratosphere" is fun, it becomes of little value late game. And while the horn growing thing is cool, its no The Sorrow fight.
When I hit the ending I realized all this. And Bam. The disappointment sat in as I tried to look for something else in the game I felt like I missed. And then I did find something I missed. But in ended in bombs, a depressing record tape that appeared in my inventory, and realizing how they never even took advantage of Venom Snakes mental state as a character element. Which itself is a whole bag of worms that never got utilized.

Open world killed it. The mission structure worked in PW because it was designed as drop in drop out bite sized gameplay chunks. An open world means missions around a location with huge swathes of white noise nothing between.

and you know Kojima thought "well thats when they can listen to tapes" but nobody did because they were busy focussing on what to head too next and heading there.

Also consider that fact its an open world stealth game.
An open world game, with indefinitely spawning bad guys, where the game shifts between stealthing and being bombarded from every angle. In theory it kind of works. But without the hard locked timer that mgs3 used where you can evade guys long enough till they assume you've ran off, the stealth becomes frustrating. And because regenerating health you cant directly face tanks when they are enemy soldiers around it. Unless you bring smoke grenades which practically breaks the game with making troops stand still for 2 minutes straight and have no visibility or hear capablilities. It even works on tanks too.
The list of complaints on how it is not a good metal gear game just goes on and on and on.

Peace Walker is fantastic if you co-op it, but it can get a bit tedious if you play it solo. There's only so many tank/APC/helicopter fights you can take before getting bored, and when those are well over half the side ops in the game, it can drag on you if you don't have a buddy to shoot the shit with.

I played it with a friend of mine a few years back, and we had a blast the whole way. From teaming up in AI fights to just goofing around with decoys and holograms, it was a hell of a lot of fun.

I was honestly surprised when I found out MGSV wouldn't have co-op. That would have made the game so much more enjoyable.

Pretty sure he stopped caring what the Boss wanted and so as much in Peace Walker.

Besides, the Boss didn't want shit, if she did she would have stopped being loyal to kikes that didn't give a shit about her and would have fought for what she believed in.

And yes, Solid Snake = The Boss

A tool that will always do what his commanders tell him to no matter how much he disagrees because "orders are orders". Only Big Boss had the courage to do what was right even if it meant carving out his own destiny for himself.

Revolver Ocelot

Revolver Ocelot

Also the literal open nature of it. I don't think anyone would argue the larger, more developed bases like the hanger area or the water treatment plant offer the most fun gameplay, everywhere else a tranq fun, fulton and supply drops make clearing every base piss easy and with no difficulty modes or subsistence options outside a few select missions and you get an okay experience on the whole but in the vacuum of metal gear its sub par at best.

That feeling of 'oh fuck im spotted' followed by the full alert and a need to reassess your failed plan of infiltration and salvage this mess is gone in favour of "oh no im spotted, maybe if reflex mode fails i will just go loud and nuke everything risking nothing because theres only ever a handful of guards in immediate walking distance because its designed for stealth anyway! oh no!"

Still maybe if it wasnt like 30% of a finished game by the look and feel of it they might have iterated on it, but Kojima isnt known for open world games is he?

Hmm.

Dang

I hear the only way to play the final MGSV chapter is on a pachinko machine.

That we are intelligent and reasonable lot.

Big Boss had good intentions, it's just that he had autism and kept burning bridges to all his allies until he had nothing but enemies.

Solidus was basically Big Boss 2.0 but managed far better and actually almost succeeded in destroying the Patriots had Raiden not been an emotional faggot.

Liquid was misguided as fuck. He had full blown autism because of "muh genes brother." He did absolutely nothing but assist Ocelot and then died.

Solid was always a tool. It was only with Ocelot's guidance that he even destroyed the Patriots. Had Ocelot not helped Solid, Solid would've just remained a tool of the Patriots until his death.

Ocelot was the true hero, he set up the winning conditions for Solid to beat the Patriots. He was the only one not to do stupid shit like set up PMCs like Outer Heaven, DD, etc. He played by his own rules, outplayed everyone, and played all sides of the war.

Ocelot did nothing wrong.

FIDF pls go.

If you're not a complete retard the entire fucking thing about who is a hero and who is a villain and what it all means is right there in your fucking face.

The Boss' final message was that if you're going to be a soldier then you need to be professional about it. No grudges, do your duty. Today's enemy may be tomorrow's ally and vice versa. But she hoped that one day war could end and that soldiers like her, like Naked Snake, and basically enemy and ally alike could live peacefully.
That was the point of having no grudges as a soldier. So that old soldiers don't take on those grudges in times of peace and fuck everything up all over again.

Zero took this to mean that the world MUST be united by force, if need be.
Big Boss took the first half of the message to mean that being a soldier meant being professional about it and that you need not fight for any particular country.

In the end, Zero created The Patriots which ended up seeking to control the world THROUGH war.
Big Boss (with Miller) created the prototypes of what would become the private military corporation, armies without nations.

Naturally, these two things fed off each other until they became part of the greater military industrial complex. The war machine that drove everything along. The PMCs allowed for wars to be fought without any official national declaration which gave Cipher/The Patriots all the power needed to control the world through a "war economy".

Out of all the fucking characters to come and go in MG and MGS, the ONLY blameless characters in this are thus:

Venom Snake: A product of brainwashing and thus technically a victim of Big Boss and Chipher.

Solid Snake: A product of a cloning program that never let the circumstances of his birth and his supposed legacy get to his head (as Liquid did). He saw Big Boss for the traitor he was. He did his duty as a soldier but never once did he find glory in his victories. It was a dirty job and he was just particularly skilled.
His time after leaving the military was spent trying to expose the existence of super weapons to the world so that maybe the greater world could try putting an end to conflicts.

Solid Snake. The true hero of MGS.
And Kojima doesn't even like the character.

if this is not a pasta then this is worth a screen cap

Funny how Ocelot was a rusemaster since his 20s and stayed behind the scenes playing different sides pretty much his whole life.

You know, I'm reading a book about World War One and it seemed like a common attitude back then. Even as his men are getting torn limb from limb, getting blown up from artillery, getting shot in the head by snipers (and giving what they got right back during night raids and their own artillery/snipers) the author never goes as far as to insult his enemy. No "kraut bastards, jerry fucks", etc. All through the book he praised how well the English and French fought in combat and how courageous they were during attacks. It's a very professional view, how he talks about how as a soldier it was his job to fight regardless, and that he held no hate for his enemy. Although, I haven't read onto his expierences in larger battles like the Somme yet.

He may have been an idiot sometimes, but he wasn't a bad guy.

Just wrote it, not pasta.

MGS is one of my favorite game series because they're generally good video games and the story while crazy convoluted at times is at least engaging. The perfect amount of retarded complexity for complexity's sake to keep it alive and you wanting to see the next twist.
it is fun.

The rise of propaganda to push the dehumanization of the enemy is something that really needed to be done to win more modernized wars. Also possibly a result of modern weaponry that would let you kill people from farther away and in greater numbers. You need not see the enemy you were shooting any longer.
The "rules" of war couldn't account for modern war machinery. Also, not every culture was into that shit.
I would say the whole thing was thrown right out of the window when America fought the Japanese. Basically the first brush of the west against the east in any large conflict. The East, it turns out, doesn't give a single fuck about rules of war governing the treatment of prisoners, surrender, etc etc.

The Boss was also a fucking idiot who didn't even recognize the Jewish threat.

Although if you really want to know what really fucked the world? The entire root of the problem?

The USSR's power structure. Its inability to reign in and keep under control (or eliminate) people in its own fucking military. Who were using the military as rogue agents to do whatever the fuck they wanted to do.

Remember, the mission would have gone all to plan if it wasn't for Volgin firing that mini nuke. Any sane government would have had Volgin immediately terminated, people under his command brought in and questioned and basically his whole power structure toppled and dismantled.
But no, he was allowed to run things, basically on his own. All because he had some money.

All because he had the Philosopher's Legacy, some indeterminate and effectively near-infinite amount of money illicitly laundered by the world's various governments and stolen by his father.

Also remember that he was more or less heading the military end of the pro-Brezhnev faction and had men in his servitude who could whoop KGB like they were nothing. There's a point where you get too powerful and trying to remove you in broad daylight would just make things worse, not to mention Volgin would probably tear anybody who came for him in half like tissue paper.

I never liked how that was stupidly downplayed in PW by saying that the mini nuke was a Coldman ruse to kill off The Boss. A hint of that was present in PO, but since it isn't canon and not done by Kojima, it isn't relevant.

Why would Shoe Sandalman want to kill off the Boss in the first place?

She already made a good scapegoat for the CIA/US gov't once or twice before, the Virtuous Mission was for Jack to get Sokolov out of there while Boss got the Philosopher's Legacy if I remember right. Then Volgin nuked the research lab and blamed it on The Boss, necessitating Snake Eater.

I mean she did give him the damn thing.

Nukes were to gain Volgin's trust as a gift to him and probably to further Shagohod all to get close enough to him that Volgin would trust her and she could get within grabbing distance of the Legacy. Volgin nuking the research facility in the first place was a wild-card move that absolutely nobody anticipated and was probably even just spur-of-the-moment sadism on Volgin's part.

WEW
EW
W

LAD
AD
D

Zero wanted to realize the Boss' dream, a world without borders like she saw in orbit, while BB wanted to avenge the boss and create a world where no soldier would be sacrificed for their country like she was.

Yes, at the base of it, that's what they thought they were doing.

But Zero soon lost control of everything, EVERYTHING, and his world became even more entrenched in borders.

BB ended up losing control over something he had started which was a soldiers without nations. A pure profession of soldier and like I had said before, both systems eventually merged and fed into eachother.

The ONLY person who personified The Boss and actually LIVED her dream was Solid Snake.

Maybe at the start, but now that the Metal Gear story is "complete" (chapter 3 never) its apparent that this isn't the story of "super sneak man saves the missiles" or whatever. It's an epic about two tragic heroes, Big Boss and Zero, and how, despite their best intentions, they end up ruining the world. I'll yield that, yes, Solid Snake is very important during the 3rd act of this story, but its not because he's the hero. Far from, Solid Snake is helpless to stop the mess our actual heroes created, and ends up just playing the role that was planned for him from the start. Solid Snake's role is more of an observer, if anything, he's there to give the audience an unique perspective to watch the end of the story play out from.

I'd say there were two people, the second being Hal, who had the benefit of having the Boss' ideals preached to him at a young age by Strangelove.

This, faggot. Solidus tried to save us, and he died for our sins. Solid was a tool, and he said that to the very end. There was no joy in his voice, in his character, once the big picture came down on him.

The fuck?

The conflicting world views is the point. That was the point of MGS2, about creating 'context'. Big Boss wanted to make the world into a paradise for soldiers, ignoring that such a world would be hell for normal people.

The Boss wanted a world without nations, borders and soldiers, ignoring the absolute impossibility of the task without using intense authoritarianism and borderline brainwashing, as well as ethnic and cultural cleansing.

Solidus wanted freedom, ignoring the innocent people he would have to sacrifice and how people would suffer in the anarchic chaos that followed the fall of the patriots.

Raiden and Snake wanted to protect the innocent, even if it meant they were unwittingly aiding a shadow government bent on world subjugation.

The point is that you identify with one of the major characters based on your values. Do you value Honor? Duty? Freedom? Loyalty? No one is objectively right or wrong in this, because each can mostly make a logical argument for their view point. The Japanese have a serious hard-on for moral relativism.

Really people. Read a fucking book.

Am I missing something here, son?

That was a pretty good analysis.

So, can you get the super chicken cap in free roam? thinking about spawning it just so I can go freeroam conquering everything and getting every name.

Also, a fast way to farm tanks or GMP?

Where would Armstrong fit into this theory?

What said, but if you are just starting, try sticking to event FOBs. You can grind them for a few S++ soldiers for each platform (5 for combat, 3 for the rest) and a bunch of S+.

No way to tell how active someone is other than checking their player profile in the system you are playing in. Some people have just 2 FOBs and play constantly, some have 3 or 4 but gave up months ago.

If you are not very good with FOBs stick to event FOBs or low-level FOBs. Some people have single platforms with like 8 guards. Keep an eye on how bad they are and on avoiding rising alerts.

This is the easy way. The hard way is to fill your units with S++ soldiers. You don't really need every item to be good.

Venom's story is not about being as good as Big Boss, but the "symbol" of Big Boss.

Backtrack a little: Paramedic comments on the advances in genetics: What if you could isolate specific genes and enhance properties? This is still a pipe dream by the time of MGS3, but cloning a human is plausible. Zero clones Big Boss because a clone would have the exact same attributes in case Big Boss defected. What gets the ball rolling in MGS1 is that the pipe dream is now real and you can get the shittiest soldier under gene therapy and enhance military aspects of his body. Any lunatic terrorist can have his Outer Heaven.

Venom starts as a ruse but ultimately is about the legend of Big Boss. Big Boss is not Naked Snake to most people, because that mission is classified as fuck. Big Boss is the man in the Caribbean, from Peace Walker, who not only was a great soldier but also an imposing figure who could rally people of all paths of life and different beliefs under one banner. This is who Venom becomes. Solid does not follow this path at all. Liquid wants to trascend this.

Some time after Operation Snake Eater, I believe this is never explicitated. The twins are 2 years old at the time of the end of Peace Walker (1974), and IIRC Ocelot mentions the LET project at the end of PO. Keep in mind LET failed a few times so it may have taken a few years to get it right.

Oh what it's some other third world country, well who the fuck cares?
If intention was to evoke american flag associations, it failed, stars'n'stripes ain no simply horizontal.

Says more about Kojima than us.

I'm still mid MGR, I only started it a little while ago because I kept putting it off. From what I know, my guess would be that he represents the chaos and power grabs that follows a sudden and dramatic liberation of a people. That may be a better slot of Sundowner though. I don't wanna say for sure until I'm completed the game.

And that is not the image I posted. The fuck?

Huey made me angry when I found Strangelove's body because I remembered her tapes where she talked about 2001: A Space Odyssey, and only then realized she named Otacon after Hal from that movie when Huey said his name

I can never stress to anons how fucking good Peace Walker is and how its worth playing.

The HD collection on PS3 is real fucking cheap now too and thats 2,3 AND peace walker all as HD updates, its totally worth getting.

Should really be Holla Forums required reading at this point

It's a shame PW has shit gameplay

the games in the HD collection don't play as good as the ps2 versions. try aiming in first person mode on ps2/ps3, you'll see that the ps3 version controls like shit in comparison which makes the substance challenges harder.

True but it does include the best version of PW unless you download it on its own of PSN.

That might just be the shitty PS3 controller

suffering.

Because there were mostly conscripts on both sides, not volunteers. He recognized that they were in the same shitty situation that he was.

SS units during WWII, on the other hand….

What's with all the MGS shilling?

Splinter Cell trilogy is better.

They got the taste of their own medicine, having two cities instantly genocided. Total war indeed.

Nice counter flag ubishill.

Still amazed Kojima never mentioned that unit 731 stuff in some capacity.

nah, bluepoint are one of the best HD port devs, but that isn't a hard achievement when you have shit like silent hill collection.

It's an average port, here's some of the difference for MGS2:

forgot the others, but yes. the original devs don't supervise these things, so it won't be perfect. But I do like that they redid the hud pictures.

Ching chong chang you Jap-loving weeaboo cunt.
*tips katana*

SC has a more realistic and accurate plot.
SC is more about stealth.
Sam Fisher is badass.

MGS is fantasy garbage.

Fucking retarded.

Skull Face pls go.

Eternal Anglo pls go

The Boss was a fool who got sucked into the plans of kikes with fuzzy talk of "No more wars, ever! :DD"

Solid Snake is an evil murderous clone voiced by a talentless hack and isn't even a real human bean

t. kojima

Remove skull face posts
Report skull face posts
Hide skull face posts

My mom looks just like the Boss.
MGS3 was hard for me.

You can't just say that and walk away, nigger. Give us a picture.

She fucked off when I was 5 so I don't have any

…Ocelot?

I'ma have to ask for proof before I show you my sad reaction picture.

Solidus was a tool who was played from start to finish like a darn violin by the Patriots. Like Volgin and Liquid before him, his entire command staff was filled with traitors. The right thing to do would be to recruit Raiden and Snake (if he could) right away instead of fighting them. He lost Boss status when he killed Olga too, for refusing to sacrifice her child. Even as his entire plan is destroyed, he makes the choice to fight Raiden instead of joining together. Raiden didn't know who to support when he was on the roof of the Federal building, and he could easily have switched sides if Solidus wasn't coming at him with a fucking sword.

I'd like to see the sauce on that. IIRC there were millions of volunteers on both sides who saw it as their duty to enlist regardless.

DS3 has pressure sensitive buttons, too.

You forgot the stuff they took out of 3 too, namely the fucking secret theater. Webm related.

I never noticed, beat DS3 twice, spent a month giving it too many fair shakes just because it was a souls game then traded it in for crdit to monhun generations.

I kinda feel disappointed with Metal Gear Solid 2 because they hinted the previous game Solidus was the president of the united states.

user…

He was, but after Shadow Moses they kicked his ass out and put a new puppet in.

I know, it is just that I was hipped about some metal gear action in the white house.

I know i was kidding, what i meant originally was the pressure sensitive buttons for the HD version are shitty because of the controller.

Ha. Got me.

I don't see how they would be different, since the two controllers are pretty much the same as far as buttons go. Unless you mean the triggers, in which case I get what you mean. I wish they would have kept the DS2 L2/R2 buttons since the slightest pressure activates the fucking things in some games now and other games require a full press to work.

You notice it most when you want to go to ironsights but not shoot. The button kind of feels like its wobbling on a center point and unless you hammer it down leaning to its edge is the best way to do it but its still tremendously uncomfortable.

I can tell he wanted it to be some meta 'see how hard it is to keep steady and how easily you can pull the trigger by accident?' message but when you are in a stealth game without checkpoints -which is what you want going in- it is more detrimental to the fun.

All good games find a balance between sim and gameplay fun for the most part and on PS2 it was okay but the under the hood difference between the two controllers means the buttons rest differently and that fucks up your muscle memory when you are used to ps2.

Yeah, the shoulder buttons of MGS4 work way better, but after a little while in MGS3 it leads to a totally different expierence that makes the game feel unique for me. You have to actually stop and aim (unless you're in combat and are forced to use the autoaim while moving) which can make you vulnerable, instead of MGS4 where you can sidestep while headshotting 3 guards in a row with the tranq.

True but i dont play intending to shoot the gun in any game outside MGS1 at points like the HIND -D, i use the gun to sneak up behind and hold them up and its so fucking easy in every game after 3 that it spoiled me.

So… you think there would be a Metal Gear Solid 6 that isn't Pachinco?

I don't think so. Honestly Kojima did so much with Solid that it's kinda out of people's minds.

But they could always go to Metal Gear Rising for the same universe.

This I just want Platinum to make MGR2.
But this time, Armstrong is alive and we play as him on his journey to Make America Great Again.

I just want more soldier shenanigans and make another mother base.

Well, at least Kojima can do something else that isn't Metal Gear. Was it true that he was so tired of Metal Gear he hated it?

Supposedly he's been tired of it since MGS2 but because of the fans and how well the games sell Konami keeps dragging him on for more.

Supposedly MGS3 rejeuventated him enough to make 4 and MGSPW rejeuvenated him enough to make V.

I'd like to see Raiden get SO FUCKED that he needs to be in a mecha and becomes the next Armstrong

He was done with Metal Gear since Guns of the Patriots, and Konami was egging him on continuing with Big Boss, since Kojima ended Solid Snake's story preemptively.

I don't think he hates MG, he's just tired of writing and directing the same stuff over and over. And I can't wait to see his new Sp00ky game.

But yes, more soldier shenanigan + Good MB stuff would be great

So metal gear games go like this? first a good game and then a bad game after that?

I'm kinda disappointed they made Solid Snake an old fuck and about to die, but I guess that's the right thing to do to finish the damn story.

Still, they could even make him rejuvenize if we follow some science bullshit. If I'm not wrong they are already working in a cure for oldness that could eventually make old people relativelly young again.

Personally the only MGS game I don't like is Phantom Pain, but even then the gameplay is good. A good rule of thumb is if the gameplay isn't good, the story is good, and vice versa.

Except 3. 3 is a mastahpiece

And no, Snake confirmed kill in MGR. And I'd rather Solid get to have a good ending than live out a shitty sequel.

Solid Snake was always Kojima himself, it's almost a self insert.

He's old because Kojima felt old when he made MGS4, he felt done with the series.
Him being fed up with the world mirrored Kojima being fed up with the game industry and MGS fans themselves.

MGS fans are generally speaking pretty dumb, MGS2 wasn't understood at all by the general public back in the day and BB in MGS3 is worshipped as a manly badass dude when the intent was to make him a goofy idiot hiding behind a facade of manliness.

Everything Kojima tries to do is often too sophisticated for MGS fans themselves, or is completely misunderstood.
Snake is old because Kojima fells old every time he has to put with MGS fans bullshit.

In a way, he's finally free, he can finally do whatever the fuck he really wants to do with no more MGS bullshit.

No, he is still alive, just very old. It was in one of Sunny codex talks.

Is a shame Kojima couldn't keep the rights of Metal Gear so he could do with them whetever he want.

I kinda miss Snake and find Big Boss rather overestimated.

There would be really no point, everything Kojima REALLY wanted to do with MGS is in MGS2.
If one wants to play a "true" MGS game where Kojima had full creative control and wanted to make something truly weird and out there, MGS2 is that game.
Best case scenario we would've just gotten MGSV gameplay but with a MGS2 premise and weird MGS2 shit happening.

Sorta redundant at this point, it's better for him to start over and make something new.

Sometimes i think Kojima really wants to be a little bit like Kenji Eno, except also make games that have good gameplay in the process.

Hm… I think I'm a casual. Who is Kenji Eno again?

I always thought Kojima had a love boner for BB.

I think I'm going to need some facts to back that up man, other wise it just sound like a theory A GAME THEORY

MGS4 entirely revolved around "Muh Big Boss"

Kenji Eno is the guy that did D, Enemy Zero, D2, Real Sound: Kaze no Regret among others.

His games had questionable gameplay but he always tried to push the boundaries of what video games could be (with mixed results).
He was japanese David Cage before David Cage was even a thing, and arguably D2 still has better gameplay than anything David Cage has ever done.

Also D1 had an instance of QTE before RE4 was ever a thing.

Fumito Ueda, the guy that made SOTC and ICO worked with him on one of the versions of D and also did work on Enemy Zero, that experience led him to develop the mindset that made him make the games he became famous for afterwards.

In short he was foward thinking in both good and bad aspects.

He was always pretty unstable his entire life, he started out as a child prodigy and quickly spread himself over both video game development and music, he died in 2013 due to heart failure.

I always had the feeling that if Kojima had complete creative freedom over his titles, he would try to push boundaries like Kenji Eno did back in the day.

I guess now we'll find out, assuming Sony is giving him enough freedom, but considering he worked for fucking Konami so far it's safe to say he's free to do more shit than he could before.

Don't you mean Nice Badman?

THANK YOU ACTION GRANDPA

You know what pisses me off the most?

Ground Zeroes was so fucking good… not only in gameplay but in tone and story too. If Kojima had done exactly that in MGSV, with just a collection of missions instead of open-world garbage with recycled objectives, it would have been the game they promised us in the trailers.

Why are we here? Just to suffer?

he did nothing wrong

It still hurts.

Go play Peace Walker niggs.

I think the character that suffered the most from all this was Skull Face.

He was saturday morning cartoon villain levels of bad. By far the worst villain in all Metal Gear games, including Rising. There is no way Kojima didn't had bigger plans for him.

Anything would have been better than the parasite infection segment. It had zero impact! Venom Snake is an autist who doesn't even shrugs when murdering his own men and it all loses it's meaning when you never had any choice in the first place.

It's either kill them or let the world be destroyed, this is no morally hard choice, it's not something that leaves a bad taste in your mouth, it's just freaking common sense, anyone would do the same in that situation.

And to make everything even easier to digest they are all willing to die. They fucking ask you to shoot.

I was promised to see Big Boss slowly turn into a villain, men become demon, being sent to hell and going even deeper.

Instead what we got was generic silent protagonist being an action movie hero and saving the day.

Reminder

Redeemer and Destroyer
Cuck and Numale

it says that we are cuck'd completely, thats how this generation is, a dumb fucking generation that will latch on to anything Kojicuck related without ever criticising it and operate in complete denial that NO TTOTALLY WAS A GUD GAME CUZ J00STEN PUSSY AND KOJICUCK RAIDEN RAIN TRANSFORMED

PW is amazing if you have someone else to play it with, but if you go single player it is somewhat underwhelming.

In the postgame sure, before that though it makes you FEEL again.

Uh… you're remembering something different. Because I remember him collapsing to his knees and screaming in anguish at killing his own men. And the fact they asked him to do the right thing and shoot them hit me all the harder. Because they chose loyalty and the right thing over self-preservation and the influence of the parasites.

Just because you didn't feel anything in that scene doesn't mean a lot of other people reacted the same way you jackass.

Especially if you play it on PS3 since it's just emulated.

Meaning that a machine with the "power of the cell" has the same long ass loading times as the PSP loading off of the UMD disk.

At least a handheld system has an excuse for that shit.

It's confusing, Kevin talks about Snake in the past tense while Raiden talks about him in the present tense. There's no direct statement on the matter and that wood sword that has Snake's soul/voice in the JP version only (doesn't speak at all in localizations) was DLC or an unlockable if I remember right.

They made the world thinks hes dead so he could stop living a hard life.

That wouldn't surprise me, hasn't been the first time Snake's dropped totally off the radar so he'd be left the fuck alone.

He's breading sled dogs in alaska

For deep frying?

I like to imagine hes the gruff old man that lives in a cabin in the yukon and the nearest town knows him as 'the old man that comes in for e cigar shit and coffee' and the kids are scared of but hes kind to them and he sits by his stove in a comfy chair puffing on his woah-hoah e cig listening to his sled dogs and looking at all his photos of raidens family, meryls, otaco and sunny coming round on the holidays.

Snake lives a good life.

He earned it.

It would have been borderline evil to do anything besides that. They had absolutely no choice but to accept death or cry and accept that anyway because anything else would kill the entire world.

Come the fuck on, would you feel bad for killing a friend if not doing it mean't everyone else, including you, would die too? All while he accepts it and ask you to do it? There is zero consequence, zero choice.

Not putting a bullet on Paz head was more meaningful than killing your own men in the parasite incident.

Maybe he asks if Meryl's kids shit themselves constantly just like their father

Didn't he had like a year or two left after MGS4 ends?

I'm sure by the time of MGR he is long gone.

The bread keeps them warm

I think that was implied around doing the whole 'fighting gekkos' tier stuff and he was burning himself out. His fights done. He pushed Ocelots shit in, got confirmed bretty gud :DDDDD and now is at rest in retirement.

I mean after that, in the ending. Wasn't implied that he had only a couple of years left due to the rapid aging stuff? And Otakon and Sunny wanted to make sure he had a peaceful life in his last years.

It's been a while since I played the game but I remenber they implied he wouldn't live long.

at the time the whole situation seemed kinda retarded but the more I learn about the cold war the more I realize the most unrealistic thing about Volgin was indeed his parasite powered lighting powers.

Fuck Beesman only made the plan after Volgin fired the nukes, he then improvised operation Snake Eater as a win/win situation.

Snake had around 6 months left but BB told him about the new FOXDIE virus inside of him resetting the breakdown of the old FOXDIE virus, which extended it to a few years.

However, whether Snake would die due to his accelerated aging (he aged around 20 years in the span of 5) or the FOXDIE (before it becomes a pandemic superbug) isn't known.

The way it reads is a very on the nose "you are outdated as a soldier and trying to keep up will burn you out" message about obsolescence.

not getting the idea of an oxymoron

He probably lived in the woods and was visited by Otakon and Sunny once in a while.

At least he died in piece, unlike Big Boss and all the other clones.

why is Holla Forums suddenly so good at literary analysis?

the nerve!

Does that Make Guts Venom?

I was pissed at how underutilized Ocelot was in MGSV, we never got any hint of him doing any shady background shit or really much of anything other than dirtywork and head torturer for DD, it was pretty lame if you ask me.

yes

In that case portable ops is canon too.
It had the best story.

Believe it or not, Holla Forums has some people who aren't complete autistic retards.
That being said, Metal Gear Solid doesn't take a whole lot of analysis. In fact, most things that people think are deep and complex are actually rather simple. They just get intimidated by droves of retards.
Take Inception for example. So many people were calling it complex and hard to follow and understand. But its not. All that's required to "get" Inception is that you pay attention. It is actually a good metric to know what sort of retard you're dealing with.

Same thing goes with Metal Gear Solid games. On just the story level, dealing with the game's own internal logic and character motivations, it is easy to decipher. Things are really not that hard to get. Just have to pay attention.
Now what may take a bit of actual thought is where the game's themes, mechanics, and messages relate back to the actual player. What makes the games so fun to analyze on that particular level is that most of the MGS games have had this two-way interaction through that "4th wall".

Jonathan is my nigga for life.
was* ;_;7

THANK YOU ACTION GRANDPA.

Why exactly was this made non-cannon?

I haven't played through it but can someone give a sort of comparison between this and peace walker?

I mean shit, at least in this trailer it seems to might give a reasonable explanation for Big Boss to head FoxHound.

Currently, with Peace Walker and MGS5 I have no fucking clue how Big Boss would EVER EVER EVER be allowed to become a trainer of Solid Snake in the U.S. Military.

This user gets it. Solid Snake is the only true successor to The Boss, funnily enough, he achieves this by not giving a shit about her vision.

He's a soldier, he does what a soldier does, even when he's working as a pseudo tool for The Patriots in MGS IV he's doing the right thing. A world under Liquid's control would be infinitely worse than the alternative.

But MGS IV's plot is pretty garbage anyway and pretty much took a big smelly dump on the franchis as a whole, so I take pretty much everything in it with a grain of salt.

the only problem with the plot of MGS4 is that they tried to incorporate the silly aspects into the main storyline because the game was so linear and cinematic

if you want to get meta about the whole thing. Solid Snake is perhaps the only character in the entire MGS franchise to not lie to the player.

I really like the light tone and grindy aspects of Peace Walker, but the dumbed down gameplay and dumb as bricks soldiers just make it a real slog to play.

Fucking Konami man.

The player has been able to ditch stealth and go full guns blazing in MGS since 3 was released. This is not new to the franchise, stealth is still heavily encouraged in all of the games, but shooting is a definite choice on part of the player. It's also probably the only franchise I've played where the action and the stealth are equally as satisfying.

I think this Kojima hating Solid Snake meme is sort of overblown.

All he's really said is that he finds Big Boss more interesting as a person, and he kind of is, he's got a lot more going for him in terms of conflict and mental issues. Solid Snake never really falters on his front as the true hero of the franchise, which in turn means he's kind of less interesting if you're more into protagonists with a lot of heavy conflict.

It says globalism is a threat and people who want to kick its ass are the heroes.

This. When BB tossed his bandanna in PW, it was symbolic of throwing away his connection to The Boss. He then began living for his own ideals.

The bosses are more fun SP. More of a challenge that way.

Pic sorta related because Outer Ops was dumb too.

Well I suppose if you put it that way, yes. The journey of a sympathetic villain from hero to monster is always likely going to be more interesting than just a tortured hero.

Then again, Solid Snake is a bit of an interesting character in himself. He is changed by his experiences but never in any way that might turn him into an evil person. All he ever really wants to do is his job when it helps stop mad men from hurting innocent people/civilians. Time and again, that's all he ever does.

Every other character seems to fall into a point where they find other people's lives as trivial or inconsequential. Solid Snake seems to always be on the side of having as few deaths as possible. Every time.
He enjoys the killing.
But he knows its wrong.

You and I clearly aren't going to agree on this one.

The only point you'd have is if you were going for S-rank recruits with the fulton mine/smoke method.

PW is a good game but when it turned into Monster Hunter Solid I couldn't stomach the grind.

Honestly though, MGSV was a mess. It was advertised to give us one thing and then it completely gave us something else. it is "MGS2 Second Try" as far as i'm concerned.

Mechanically it is fucking great, as is to be expected of MGS games. But everything else?..not really all that great. I do understand what may have been aimed for…but this whole thing smacks of a creator personality that couldn't be reigned in except to be fucking fired.
Truth is, there are very few little things and touches that could have been done to really turn it into a great game even on its own.

So we got this idea that Venom Snake isn't the real Big Boss. But during this time Big Boss is setting up his true Outer Heaven, right?
We also got this idea, through the multiplayer and through the game story itself that DD isn't the only player in the PMC game.

So how about this? How about you get to overhear conversations about Big Boss operating in places you didn't operate? How about Miller and Ocelot commenting on this "Guy that's using your name" that is operating in other parts of the world?
Not only would this tie in more cleanly with the FOB aspect of multiplayer (for obvious reasons since everyone that plays is Big Boss, right?) but it would give some little hints as to what might be going on.

Then, later on, after skullface is gone (since the game really has no true direction after that) you can go after this impostor Big Boss. Then through that mission instead of some shitty stupid tape, you get an actual fight with a doppelganger only in the end to find out that it is the TRUE Big Boss. He gives you a briefing on what happened, on what your role was, and what needs to happen from then on out.
Everything is tied up.

Big Boss still looks like a piece of shit. But he looks like a piece of shit that was DOING things along side his double. Both were growing the legend instead of just one dude apparently doing all the work for a year while BB just presumably jacked off and did some online stock trading.
It would add more not only to BB but to Venom as well.

I find it hilarious that people get personally offended at Kojima like he and his team weren't suffering under fucking horrendous working conditions at Konami during the tail-end of development. That's why the game turned out the way it did.

You think Kojima wanted to leave the game unfinished? Fucking no, there was so much more planned that wound up on the cutting room floor not due to dev incompetence, but because Konami fucked the game.

Making a videogame is difficult enough as it is. Imagine having the suits holding the reigns fucking with you the entire time, humiliating you in front of your colleagues, putting you on lockdown, slicing your budget,all that shit, while you're trying to make your game.

Kojima isn't some maverick lunatic who went off the rails creating some weird artistic hodgepodge of a story that lead to poor uncle Konami having to give him the axe because he just couldn't be stopped!.

Jesus fuck, you idiots act like the guy raped your daughter.

To continue to hammer on this, I am in a firm position that Venom not being Big Boss was some sort of stupid spur of the moment decision by Kojima halfway through development. Everything about this game speaks of it to me. I've seen plenty of movies where that turns out to be the case and this game feels the same fucking way.
Konami getting rid of Kojima was probably a response to this. The unfinished nature of the game and the 50% of cut dialogue from Keifer also speaks to this.
The whole thing seems like gears changed in the middle of development and they scrambled to use what assets they already had to make sense of the new game direction.

The way I see it, the game was originally intended as Venom being Big Boss. That there would be some sort of morality system but this would be his last mission where he was called Snake.
That this game was supposed to show that despite his efforts, he had no choice but to slide into madness.
That he would take up child soldiers. That he would come to a conclusion that NATIONS and their GOVERNMENTS were the bigger problem.

I could probably write a dissertation on this whole fucking thing. About things I would change in the game. How I would have handled it. Where I think everything went to shit, etc etc….
But fuck it…what's the point?
Unless i'm some already popular youtube personality its all just pissing against the wind. Nothing will come of the efforts.

please see what I wrote here.

Kojima exhibits the same fucking traits that every other god damned "Creative genius" does. In that they are completely bullshit without anybody that can tell them NO that they are willing or have to listen to.

You can see this in Star Wars 1, 2, 3 with George Lucas the most plainly.

Same shit happened to Kojima. Unfortunately the point where he was told "NO" was far too late and came too far from the top.

Go back and watch pretty much all of the trailers for the game, the twist was foreshadowed in the fucking promotional material years before the game came out.

Yeah, you fucking dingus, gears changed when Konami went full kike and started fucking with the game and abusing Kojima's team. They had to adapt and do what they could to get the shit released.

Jesus fucking Christ, are you actually autistic? Kojima had a solid idea of what the plot was supposed to be from the start of the development. What we got was what was intended to be there, every story goes through heavy revisions, but he didn't get halfway through development and decide to just re-write the shit from scratch.

You arrogant fucking child. Yeah, I'm sure the series would've been much better off in the hands of your stupid autistic ass than in the hands of the man who nurtured it from birth. Your creative output is surmised in the breath of a few wasted decades on Holla Forums, shitting up threads with horrible fanfiction and butthurt. It's a miracle you can even string a sentence together, because I'm pretty sure you had your head slammed into a dresser drawer when you were a baby.

Thankfully, God help us if Konami decided to give you the rights to the franchise. You'd no doubt fuck everything up with Tameem levels of arrogance and retardation.

Kojima's always had the helm of things, and unlike George Lucas, he actually put in the effort to take the reigns himself as a director. He learned how to code and is directly responsible for most of the quality regarding previous iterations in the franchise.

The rest of your post is defense for a horrible fucking company that treats it's employees like ass and slave labor all in the pursuit of shekels. We know why MGS:V turned out the way it did, and it wasn't because Kojima Lucas'd it up anymore than usual. It was because Konami went full Jew.

This rampant hate and feeling like Kojima betrayed you is nothing new to the franchise. You're on the same level of faggot who dismissed MGS:2 because it was too meta and didn't have Snake as the protagonist. A butthurt fanboy who didn't get the game he wanted.

Kill yourself.

come talk to me when you finally pull Kojima's cock out of your mouth.

no company kills a golden goose out of pure spite. That's retarded. What likely transpired is him changing shit up in such a radical way that Konami had no choice but to stop it or else suffer a few more years in development.

Reminder that the company is only using the FOX Engine for clips to play in pachinko games now.

Could have made a lot of money licensing it out as middleware.

Could have been the Japanese Unreal.

That would've been an intelligent business decision which is a little much to ask of a company trying to go full-bore into pachinko just as it's on the cusp of obsolescence and probably has Yakuza ties.

The Yakuza thing needs to be brought to light. That's really the only one thing that might show the crazy direction shit went.

But think about it…if anything, Konami is the first to see the writing on the wall for video games. Industry is a corpse, a husk. for what people want on modern hardware the development cycles are too long and the money required to produce them and the possible return is just too fucking much.

Listen, every October I play RE2. A quick little game, takes me a couple stream sessions. The thing to take away from this is that the credits for this game are so fucking small compared to modern game efforts.

We're hitting a point where shit is just too big for its own good. Until the tools get better we need to scale back.

You did see Big Boss fall. Either Venom is Big Boss, and entirely schizophrenic, or Big Boss by Ground Zeroes had nukes, a metal gear, had recruited child soldiers (chico and initially to his knowledge paz) and was lying to nations about his nuclear capability while becoming a military nation.

Then, when his base is destroyed he uses one of his own men like a pawn, to help him escape and continue his plans. Symbolically, what Big Boss did to Venom is what america and Volgin did to The Boss. The end of MGSV is Big Boss fall. He admits he used one of his men, the men he claimed to protect from being used like the boss was, as a pawn. And stole everything from that soldier.

His identity
His past
His family
His future
Everything was taken from venom to make him into the Boss. And his own memories and emotions he "implanted" into Venom by hypnotherapy or by Psycho Mantis or some other psychic type eventually overrides Venom and erases who he is completely.

If you thought MGSV wasnt about Big Boss fall, both Big Bosses falls, you werent paying attention.

Uh, yeah? But im not a sociopath. You might need help man. Just because its the only option doesnt mean its an easy one. If you have to lose your arm or you mom to save the world, it doesnt make the pain go away. This isnt hard to understand.

The second option is what happened but the more fucked up thing that you're ignoring is that the whole plot to make a duplicate Big Boss was all Zero's doing. All a part of CIPHER.
that's the most fucked up thing about the entire saga. Big Boss and Zero/Cipher were intertwined even then. Everything was fucked.

Basically it all comes down to one thing. One breaking point. Solid Snake.

Solid Snake is the one who comes in and really sets all of this shit right.

That's the part that makes me rage. The Fox engine is probably the best piece of middleware to ever come out of Japan.

It's going to take some people with a lot of experience in gaming to take the plunge on starting a SaaS firm to make the tools that can reduce the production pipeline's size.

It's going to require people to find answers for very difficult questions. I know I don't know enough about game development to find where those inefficiencies could be.

There's already big businesses like Autodesk in the field. Not only will they pose stiff competition, but generally they're the best at helping businesses get the most productivity out of their employees. You have to find solutions to individual level inefficiencies that they haven't solved. Or figure out solutions to inefficiencies at the organizational level.

I'll use AutoCAD an example of how efficiency minded Autodesk is. Once you learn your commands, you can draft and model faster by typing commands and measurements than you could with a mouse. You only use the mouse to snap objects to one another.

Maybe because Kojima wasn't behind it?

Anyway, didn't Peace Walker made Portable Ops canon?

Yeah it takes away a lot of the rationalizations for Big Boss back then. He decided to work with Zero again to save himself despite being at odds with each other, and he lets zero manipulate one of his men like that, like how the Boss was used, but worse.

To me though, Big Boss looks worst to me compared to Zero in that moment. We already know Zero is a bastard, with the patriots. But at this point, were still making concessions for Big Boss. things like "He needed nukes to stop Zero and his philosophers" "He needed Zeke because Zero and the corrupt world was against him" "Chico liked being a soldier and wasnt going to stop anyway". By the time MGSV rolls around, we still want to make excuses because we've been in Big Boss head so long, we identify with him, he's still the hero in our mind because we don't have that outside perspective.

One thing I forgot to add was the "Demon" that Venom talks about having to drive out of himself is most likely Big Boss "will & personality" that is in conflict with Venoms. They outright say they implanted Big Boss memories and personality into Venom, and at the end Big Boss "congratulates" you, the player and says you are Big Boss too. This can be seen as a positive thing, but when you look at it from Venoms point of view, as the puppet, us and Big Boss use him to the point he sees himself as the monster.

Even if you don't go full hurtlocker and murder everything, it's shown by the end the "Demon" inside Venom has won and he's fully become a monster.

In the end, everything is taken from Venom by Big Boss, and considering his coma, he most likely never consented. He was just a pawn that had everything taken from him and thrown away when he was getting too inconvenient.

Solid Snake though, I've always seen him as just another pawn. Naomi, Sunny and Ocelot are the real shakers. Most of the series Solid is just used by the Patriots as a hammer. He's awesome, but in the end he's a weapon thats often manipulated by others.

while this is fair, we may never truly learn and understand if Venom acutally accepted his final role or not. We only have speculation.

The current theory is, of course, that Venom was the first incarnation of "big boss" that Solid Snake came across and killed.

the problem I am left with, though, is after Peace Walker, after MGS5, how in the fuck was Big Boss able to lead Fox Hound?

Perhaps in his zeal to make Portable Ops non-canon, Kojima, made it make more sense?

You understand none of these things, you spoiled, rotten faggot. There is no greater disgrace than to heed the moral "advice" of a woman.

Perhaps this is unrelated but I just thought I'd ask in this thread instead of making an entirely new one.

I'm interested in playing the MGS series. Which game would you guys recommend to play first? Are there any games to just avoid entirely? Thanks in advance, I'd really like to know because I've been putting off playing these games for far too long.

Have an entirely related webm.

Without question, play in release order. There's an infographic for this, but I don't have it on hand at the moment.

Mandatory: 1, 2, 3, 4, Peace Walker, Rising (Dubiously Canon), V.
Optional: MG1, MG2, Snake's Revenge (non-canon), Ghost Babel (Dubiously canon), Ac!d (Non-Canon), Ac!d 2 (Non-Canon), Portable Ops (Dubiously Canon).

Thanks.

DO NOT under any circumstances play Twin Snakes instead of MGS1.

Welcome. Also, Ground Zeroes comes before V. MG1 and MG2 are important to the main story, but a plot synopsis is included in the menus of MGS1.

I sincerely feel bad for that man.

How come? What's wrong with it?

This meme fucking sucks.
"M-muh cutscenes" is not a solid enough reason.
"M-muh first person option is easy mode" is also kind of retarded.

So… I'm kinda liking Metal Gear Solid V, even the 'movile' features.

I just had an autistic run through all afghanistan to conquer every outpost and get all the emblem names from there and it is interesting.

I'm moving really slowly, a week playing and still on chapter 20 because I did all objectives, all the afghanistan animals and some side ops.

I hope I don't get interrupted too frequently when I get the mother base.

Wasn't Kojima even VP Konami at some point? Personally I respect/hate Kojima exactly because he do something most developers don't like to do: Kill Cool Characters. Looking at Metal Gear only, pretty much every single cool female character is dead. Think about it, he is been doing this shit since MGS 1 and no one at Konami could stop him. This is something companies like Capcom would never allow, just look at Resident Evil or Street Fighter. I think people blame Konami a bit too much. They gave Kojima the liberty he needed on pretty much every game he worked. MGS V problems were probably much more complex that "Konami hates Kojima".

You weren't supposed to do those alone?

user, The Boss was not a woman. Metal Gear don't have real women, they have what many men dream a women would be. Sometimes I think this would be a man on a woman's body. They share ideals with men, react as man would, can be stronger than warriors, and even be pretty. It would be easier to see them as "trannys without the mental issues". One thing writers must understand is that, woman will never enter the fray by their own free will against men. That's not how their minds work. Hell, that's the one of the biggest reasons to why they don't really like gaming.

But, back to MGS, see, the Boss was "perfect". She was a "deviant tier" OC from Kojima. She could beat anyone, she could be anywhere, she could do anything. Hell, when the game "ends" you cannot disobey her at all. You do what she wants. The Boss is Lightining 1.0, and she also did everything wrong in the end. But it work with fans. Look at the fandom to this day. I find Olga a much better character, and hell, she sure had much more in her head in MGS 2 than Boss in MGS 3, and yet did more to the plot of the game than Boss in my opinion. And yet, once again, I must say Olga was also not a real woman, but at least she had reasons that could really push a woman into that situations if compared to Boss.

I think Peace Walker is the greatest Metal Gear, mainly because it has a much brighter tone to it, which leads to many FUN moments, the one that I liked the most was the Zeke bossfight, I was fighting a loli in her underwear while she was controlling a massive robot with J-pop playing in the background.

I don't know about you, but it felt pretty damn good, not to mention the dynamic between Kaz and Snake, which could have led to the sequel being just them just being 2 bros on a mission, but sadly Venom had to come into the picture, alongside a maimed Kaz, the fun factor just died in that game at least in terms of tone. But that's not to say Venom wasn't badass, but I just wanted Peace Walker 2. I guess all I wanted to see was a rather happy ending to Big Boss's saga instead of just him fucking off and leaving Venom to do shit for him, poor Venom, he never got to have FUN.

RIP MSF YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN

And yet here we are, they've fucking done it.

To be fair, this isn't pure spite, it's more likely a mix of mostly business with some spite. In the end, mobile games are a safer alternative to home console titles. They seem to think that Pachinko is going to be extremely profitable in the near future, despite the company that did what they're about to do coming back to video game development because Pachinko wasn't as profitable as it used to be.

Probably not. I don't think Konami had any real qualms with the way MGSV was being developed besides the usual "hey this would make us some more money if you did this", but reading the political and economic weather decided that it would be better to axe their games development studios asap. I will say though that Kojima probably did tell them to fuck off with a lot of their ideas, such as pay 2 research faster and fob insurance, because these things weren't implemented at launch but are now full of shit like it.

Probably killed a lot of them off because he didn't think he'd come back to them.

Because you know he didn't plan to be working on so many Metal Gear titles. I think he said one of his biggest missed opportunities was killing Liquid, and wish that he had actually kept Liquid around because he was so well received by players.

I hated Kaz in V just being the devil to ocelots angel. In PW he is treated like Snakes equal and is the only one willing to actually cut the shit and talk to the boss like a man, not a legend and his "you cant move on until you get over the boss" calling it like it is following by Snakes "w-what?" because hes only used to adoration at that point was an important moment between the two.

What, you didn't like an entire story told through autistic facial expressions and one liners?

Kaz had a hard life.

I liked Kaz in TPP. Some of his scenes are among the best in the series in my opinion, and he does well at coming across as a man who has lost just about everything. As you say, the only parts I didn't like are those where he's just yelling at you not to do fun shit like getting in the walker, even though it makes complete sense, while Ocelot is completely reasonable throughout.
Honestly Ocelot pissed me off a lot more, but that may just be because I didn't like Troy Baker.

Ocelot is just incredibly OOC in MGSV.

Only good Ocelot is MGS3 Ocelot. Probably because I've become completely infatuated by that version of him. Little kid who tries to get his life back on track and fulfill his dreams without being whiny about it. What's not to love?

Liquid Ocelot is a good character too, especially when you find out that the whole "muh arm brother" autistic shtick was just Ocelot pretending all along.

Ocelot in MGSV after the first few missions just felt like a side character with minimal screentime who shows up every so often to torture Huey or say a sentence fragment and walk away.

well, in Metal Gear Solid 2 he wan't pretending. He was, in fact, being overtaken by Liquid's arm, that's why he removed it. After that he knew that was the only way to get close to the patriots so he did all the brainwash.

He's like Solidus but extremely over the top and crazier. Can't believe more people don't see the similarities he and Solidus have in their ideals.

no, the game doesn't contradict it at any point and Miller references it *once* when he says "Finally, we can leave all that crap in San Hieronymo behind", which is basically Kojima saying "well that happened, let us never speak of it again, moving on"

off tone cutscenes that de-emphasize Solid Snake's being a normal soldier against weird supernatural commandos in favor of him being Neo and a ton of extra gameplay options that aren't accounted for in the map design making the game absolutely trivially easy.

that's a real good argument son

it makes sense given the context though.
it only seems OOC because his modus operandis is broken, sure he's playing a ruse on us again, but this time he doesn't backstab his previous boss for a new boss, which is what he's been doing constantly for the entire series.

What was Portable Ops about anyway? I don't remember.

Also, I've finally reach extra FOB management after a few weeks playing, and by god, even more extra FOBs are expensive as fuck. Is there any cheaty way to get MB coins that doesn't involve money nor the daily rewards?

Also who can't love a guy who backstabs some communist scum?

I'm not gonna let this thread die, Boss!

Big Boss did it for people, you want power.

Silly question, can you prevent FOB retaliation?

It means media works and can really shape how the collective conscious thinks despite the past. What a dark time we live in.

Bon voyage, basement goblin.

So… I'm starting to do FOB events and I see I really suck at being stealthy. I see videos on youtube of people getting by without a sweat and I thought it was easier.

Well, at least I haven't been robbed for now.

whose Narrative is that? hmmmm

Konami's. :^)

This could have been different if Kojima made MGSV about Big Boss' time in RENAMO.

I hate MGS threads, they are concentrated autism and pseudo intellectual circlejerks. They made me sort of hate the games too.

Interesting blog post there, champ.

Please… someone talk about the game with me…

Webm related. You're a fucking idiot if you believe that's actually the case, corporate suits are some of the most shallow, pathetic people on the planet, it's even worse given Japan's corporate culture.

The over the top cutscenes really dampen the atmosphere and mood of the original, and kind of fuck it up by turning it into action shlocke. As fun as Twin Snakes is, it shouldn't be your first experience.

Where is this meme that Konami isn't fucking horrible coming from?

MGS:V is a fun game, people are just disappointed because it peters out at the end.

Troy Baker being the new VA for Ocelot was a mistake, didn't sound like Ocelot at all. Felt like the guy shouldn't have been there in the first place, as excited as I was to have him be on our side for once, his personality is all kinds of fucked.

FOB stealth is pretty different from stealth in the gameworld. There's a lot of extra verticality, less open space which makes marking less effective, you just have to practice at it a bunch to git gud.

Thanks for not letting me post my webm, Holla Forums.

That seems more like Zero's shtick to me. The problem with the Boss I thought was more useless idealism. "lol when peace comes, don't fuck it up. I have no idea how to make that happen, just don't fuck it up when it does."

And then anyone wonders why any character fucks up The Boss' vision when she never spelled out how to achieve it to anyone.

She went crazy when the paradox of "to ensure peace you must always be prepared for war". The Boss just wanted to give soldiers a home after all of the shit they had to go through. All of her admirers were just not autistic enough to realize what she meant.

Well he's definitely better than Zero by a factor of ten thousand. Zero is a globalist kike who wants to end all borders, force everyone to race mix, and to destroy all cultural and linguistic differences, so he can have a world government. And he doesn't even think he's doing it because he wants power, but because he thinks it's the best for everyone. He's insane. He's pretty much George Soros.

What the fuck, are you just as retarded as Zero and Big Boss? You clearly dont understand what The Boss wanted either.

Its made pretty clear, what she actually wanted when she said "make the world whole again" is making it go back to how it was. To how it was during the renaissance, or medieval times, or tribal times. Before globalism. That is what she wanted.

But only Venom did that. Big Boss actually used thousands of child soldiers.

But I still agree, Big Boss is not a villain, he's an antihero. At least he fights against the Patriots and their NWO plans.

WHY THE FUCK ARE ALL OF THE CHARACTERS NAMED JACK?

the memes jack

the memes end here

…Is Paz… really dead?

Konami is a shit and Chapter 3 is confirmed never ever.

That's all well and good, but…

WHY IS SHE BLONDE AND BLUE EYED

nanomachines son

because one talentless fag had only like

80 GOZILLIONS

and still couldn't make one finished game

As someone who's never played this shit series outside of the "Guns of the patriots," what makes this faggot so contemptible?

ys

he tried to plunge the world into constant worldwide warfare, he saved war orphans just to train them and feed them into the battlefield, he owned nukes, he basically only wanted a world for soldiers without realizing that would be shit for everyone else, and he believes in santa.

But… but… but…

What am I talking to and what I'm recieving tapes from?

He probably did realize it was shit for everyone else

but then the alternative is shit for him so fuck em

you spend that entire game's plot on heavy psychedelics
wormwood is the active ingredient in absinthe and it's what goes in your cigars
the digoxin that ishmael gives you in the beginning doesn't do what adrenaline does even a little, it's to help prevent heart attacks and can cause acute hallucinations, which is why you see the whale and all that other weird shit
part of why i'm so upset at the lack of an ending, though i don't think chapter 3 would alleviate this very much, is because you never find out how much of the story is just you tripping balls on hardcore drugs

what exactly is venom snake?

he's gray fox

reminder that huey ruined his own life to support the things he believed in and that he's no different than olga or the boss

BTFO

And both Ocelot and Kaz just play along?

I guessed all the fire crazy shit was psycomantis' power making others believe the crazy imagery.

I would love a game where Foxhound is founded and you train Snake and Greyfox.

Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops has you training Grey Fox and establish Foxhound.

there's way more shit than that that's totally unexplained, too
like the timestamps in mission 1, and when you replay it in truth, are VERY different, and reveal that something we don't know happened during that time

yeah there can't be a game about training snake because he went to normalfag school until he was a green beret, and was then just yanked out of that shit to be 007 because reasons

Oh, I thought Miller and True Boss raised him like the boss raised True Boss.

nope
snake talks about his normalfag past in MGS1

so the things he believes in is being a giant cuck?

he believed in his son, and in his own research

mother fucker is fraud and took the ideas of the metal gear from Russia. one of the bosses you fight in PW is literally the shagohad

oops meant to quote

and i'd liked to add that metal gear was supposed to show big boss becoming a bad guy and yet all it does it make huey look bad instead

and then he moved on from that to develop some of the most important mechs in the series, but okay
and also it does a pretty fucking great job of showing exactly what big boss is
he's a giant fucking autist who got his feefees hurt at the end of peace walker and decided to be a huge faggot and almost become cipher himself

That's fucking horseshit and he knows it

If he had just said the 7 bil yen mark, maybe there would be an argument, but to say it didn't cross 5 bil is horse

For comparison,
FFXIII is suspected to have cost 65 million USD
Gran Turismo 5 was stated to have cost 60 million USD

Both of these games had around 4 to 5 years of development time, same as MGS4, with similar scope

to say that it didn't even cost 47mil to develop mgs4 is beyond unbelievable

Hell, that would make it cheaper to develop than a call of duty game, and if he's willing to lie about one number I have no reason to believe the other

Then managing Foxhound and then ending with "we got a new recruit, and his codename is Solid Snake".

If you wanted to save MGSV while still going with its premise of a Big Boss psyche clone it would have been incredibly easy and only would have taken a few extra things. Because its so easy to do and the amount of cut dialogue and content, I have no choice but to believe a good amount of the problems with MGSV stemmed probably from Kojima himself.

Get rid of the M. Knight Shamalamadingdong WHAT A TWIST ending of Venom Snake not being Big Boss and Big Boss having been doing something else this entire time. You have a slight set-up in the beginning with Ishmael and then Big Boss being referred to as Ahab by Pequod but it happens once and then NEVER again.
Miller and Ocelot on separate occasions remark that people have gone and made a bunch of other PMCs and even are pursuing this idea of "going nuclear" based on the legends of Big Boss. All you have to do is every so often have Miller or Ocelot mention that they're hearing reports of Big Boss operating in some other part of the world (other african nations, or wherever) and have them say that its probably someone trying to use the Big Boss name to get recruits.
Since skullface is vanquished rather early in the game and you're not left with much of a villain, your new villain would be that. Because you got your revenge so now do the thing that's good for business and take out the doppelganger. This will be the ending of the game where you fight, face to face, Big Boss himself. Of course Venom is confused and thinks its some clone or something else. You will LOSE this fight and then everything will be explained to Venom.
Ocelot then spills the beans about the mission and Miller goes ape-shit and both decide to go their separate ways, like in the ending of the game as it is, except not in some shitty after-credits codec call style scene.
The great thing about this is that you wouldn't even have to do much work for it. With what the Fox Engine could do you could just grab a version of the base camp from Ground Zeroes, jazz it up a bit, and you could have a nice base infiltration section like people loved from Ground Zeroes. You could also drop a few more hints this way with Miller remarking about how similar this camp seems to that one 9 years ago and Venom Snake could actually fucking SAY something about it being fuzzy and he can't recall that well.
When you are given hints that lead up to some grand reveal you are given a sense of a more full world and that there is way more to the story. You will be given a sense that the real Big Boss was actually off doing things and getting shit done. The speech about helping to "build the legend" would have more weight.
It also leads to a bit more of a considerable power struggle ideal. Miller would never let the real Big Boss take over Diamond Dogs and the real Big Boss knows it might be foolish to try. After all he is, in a way, guarding it himself.

And that's all you really needed to do. I could say more but I honestly don't think it really does need to be said as the story itself as it is covers why and how Big Boss would be allowed to lead foxhound and how/why Big Boss would be able to be defeated twice.

Of course, disregarding that, I have a plan that would have made the game probably a 5/5 and would have been the great look into a decent into madness that we were promised from the fucking trailers.

From what I remember, he said it was "half canon" in an interview, meaning if it didn't contract anything in the later games, then that event happened.

Yeah, but the team he personally left in charge made it. So he probably didn't want to just disregard what they did.
It did have the best story of all of them.

Pretty much, but gray fox still happened there.

But more direct in action?