What went wrong?

what went wrong?

-UNIVERSAL AMMO
-FULL INVENTORY OF MEDKITS AT THE START OF THE GAME

And so on, the only decent thing to come out of it was the weapon crafting

Also, predictable enemies, annoying no sound ones coming up behind you.

And the full inventory of medkits I meant when you do the tutorial, not at the literall start of it

Also /thread.

It was a perfectly good game in it's own right, with the only negatives being the dead on release multiplayer, which added some extra sidequests and dialogue and is the canon storyline

However, like the 2nd, it placed too much emphasis on killing necros, and deviated so much from the original game's style.

I had fun but agree there were shortcomings

Universal ammo is shit, but I can give it a pass in this game, as having to find ammo for the dozens of projectile variations would of made me give it up instantly.

Somatic gel was very easy to find, and you could easily have 20 large medkits on you at a time if you played on easy or normal you fucking degenerate. Hard mode actually had a fairly scarce supply of it, even with those bots.

Which reminds me, the DLC in game was absolutely fucking atrocious. There was little variety in subsequent playthroughs, so I can't understand why someone would buy one of those suits.

First was good atmospheric horror-like game
Second was nice tps with a lot of content
Third was a movie-like casualised shit

I always play medium like a degenerate before playing games on hard. I like to play a game normally before trying to challenge it.

Especially after forcing my way through 1 and 2 in a row. I barely had patience for 3's bullshit plot

Weapon crafting was one of the worst things about this game.

Instead of a selection of distinct guns that feel good to use, we got an infinite supply of do-it-yourself guns that all felt slapshod.

Just compare the pulse rifle from DS1 and DS3 and the difference is immediately noticeable.

Weren't they just alien babies in this game?

I ran through 1 with the fusion cutter on hard the first time. That shit was fun shooting and stomping left and right.

I tried that with 2 and got stuck right after the eye needle part. Never got around to finishing it

What? Why? It's an easy section too since you just wanna run past everything.

The exploding ones were, but the tentacle ones were made into dogs. The backstory is that the military used dogs to look for artifacts, but the fact that they changed both enemies makes it more likely that people complained that killing babies was "unethical".

I still find it funny how EA managed to ruin an actually strong and likable female character. The way I see it though, Dead Space's lore ends after the DLC of 2

don't forget that they literally cucked Isaac as well
I hear ya
though I wish it had explained more about what the fuck happened between Extraction and the Severed DLC for 2
we're short a character and the romantic coupling didn't exactly work the way you'd think it would

oh man, don't even remind me of the love triangle. That shit was just miserable and the writing made it all the worse. I actually uninstalled the game when Isaace was fighting with Ellie about their relationship… in an elevator leading to a necromorph boss.

It didn't entirely take place in the debris-field above the planet.

I dunno but kicking the shit out of a zombie alien baby is more funny in the ridiculousness of it.

Didn't the female producer or something say she hated horror movies or getting scared, which was for the reason for the co op addition?

Also its sad because its EA, and they can't seem to stop killing devs throughout their entire lifespan. It makes me fucking angry

What's sad is we'll never get a definitive conclusion to the series because the game didn't sell all that well.

I don't remember that exactly
I do remember them saying that the reason they added co-op was because the game was "too scary" for some or something like that
just another case of EA watering something down to go after that all important "broader demographic"

But even then Dead Space isn't even the scariest thing ever.

The initial gameplay trailer turned me off so much I never looked back into, after reading the thread so far it seems I was right.

i played this beginning to end with my best friend and it's unironically and no trolling one of the better co-op games made in recent memory and i don't care what you think

sure there's a lot of stupid shit in it but at its core it's got a great co-op angle and we had a fucking blast, god it was good

You see this post right here? Every time you wonder what went wrong with a game look to see if it has fucking EA's logo on it before you ask the question, because if it does you have your answer.

Honestly I could write a story on this one. I got it for free for buying some shit, and my friend bought it, and we had a blast. The co op was so well done. You weren't just 2 Clarke's, there was a drop in co op. If your friend was there, Issac and Carver on a mission together (on a side note I don't think there was enough in game interaction, dialog specifically between the two) and they'd work together to achieve a goal of some sort. Next mission and your friend leaves, Carver is with the group, or doing something else, it makes you feel they Carver isn't just a le randumb character you take over when your friend wants to play, but a valuable part of the story. Plus the extra things that happens when you play coop ie. Carver's wife shit are just really cool additions. The suits were pretty cool, you could never really wear the same suit, and Carver's rig was a blue while Isaac's was turquoise. Just those little things really make a big difference to me. But I think the flop in the game in my opinion wasn't the story as much, it was the environment, and the ammo / health. Even on hard difficulty, i didn't find health and ammo hard to find, and often found myself dropping health kits to get more space. The environment just wasn't that scary. When you're in a dark abandoned space ship, and there's noises in the vents, you need to watch the corpse of every necro because you don't know which are dead, and everything feels like you could be walking into a potential trap / ambush and you actually need to use your environment to win the game, now that's fun. Walking through a winter wonderland, where you're never snuck up on, when the scary necros are replaced by axe swinging monkeys, when even if something did sneak up on you, you have 20 large med kits, it just ruins the gameplay. If they reverted it back to dead space 1 style gameplay, maybe have it as you play as someone in the crew with his best friend or boss or some shit as drop in drop out co op, do exactly what they did with the coop in ds3 but the guts of ds1 with a new rich story in space again, they'd have an amazing game. Too bad that my fantasies will never be quenched.

ea like to make the third game bad

Who would have thought

i liked the first one, and from what i saw of the third one, the artstyle was much different

too much snowy white shit and blue-grey metal with holograms

the first game was spooky because it had brown metals, and was much darker in colours
yellow light is scarier than green light, and green light is scarier than blue light

This

interesting

EA is the LJN of modern gaming.

Absolutely nothing

Come on, that's a bit harsh.

merica can't into jap horror

Everything The game was trash and ruined a perfectly fine horror series by being the exact opposite.

Coincidentally I just pirated this a few days ago and on top of all the fuckups currently listed in this thread its also full of bugs. Doors not opening when they should, cant interact with mission objectives when I should. This game is a total mess

probably because you got a pirated copy

i got it for free on ps3 and it runs like tits

Bugs are not things that happen 100% of the time for everyone

wew lad, reddit is that way

ayy summerfag, go back to school

yeah but the shit he's mentioned isn't something that happened to a lot of people, so odds are it had to do with the copy he got rather than something on the dev's half

Not really no, except reddit. So that would make sense

Let me tell you about prince of persia sands of time. I had that game for the xbox and I had to restart it more than 5 times due to gamebreaking bugs. These bugs consisted of switches not doing anything. Everytime it was in another place. Ive also played through all stalker games without experiencing any bugs except for one in clear sky. Just blaming a pirated copy is a lazy way to wave away the issue, ive never had any pirate only bugs happen in my games before. Dead space 3 would be the first game in 20 years of gaming to have those

y'all can keep having your heads buried in the sand, but i know what's up

I'm not even mad kid, my country just won the Euro cup

I remember a story from a Visceral employee on NeoGaf saying it was either co-op or trying to do competitive multiplayer again which people weren't too fond of from DS2.

Basically EA forced to add a multiplayer element in.