Adam Boyes Leaves Sony

So the head of third-party relations of PS and main E3 cringe guy leaves Sony. Is there something going on behind the scenes?

Other urls found in this thread:

lovkap.blogspot.fi/2011/01/who-wrote-diary-of-anne-frank.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Of course nothing fishy's going on. Please welcome our new third party relationships manager, Noah Goldman!.

Just like Holla Forums!

Keep trying to deflect, Ubisoft rep kun

A number of behind the scenes people at Sony including a lot of their indie team have left recently. I have friends who work at some indies who said that Sony was "Increasingly difficult" to work with in the last few months regarding where you release the game first. Sony's now pushing for a significantly longer PS4 exclusivity period over PC if you are launching first on PS4, especially on pub fund games where some were asked for six months to a year and there was some BS going on with devkits with the Neo as normally a Dev Unit costs $2000 and the neo costs a bit higher. Originally Sony sent them out free of charge for a year and charged a rental fee for every year after. But charges are starting to become a bit much for some of the start ups and lower ranked ones, especially now they have to rent a new, more expensive Dev Unit for neo and have no free grace period like the PS4 launch (IIRC Nintendo are taking registrations now for the NX Dev kits for indies and MS have sent out surveys regarding Scorpio with the general advice being "Build for Xbone/PC now then come talk to us at GDC next year")

If you want my opinion and the non-Triggered indies opinion (They exist. Ask Running With Scissors). It feels like Sony's pulling out of investing in indies outside of big names like No Man's Sky and Pyre because they want full exclusivity on games and Andrew House's recent comments about competing with the PC ecosystem mean they aren't interested in funding or helping indies or even AAA studios that will also get a PC release. So their team's job is more difficult and a lot of people don't want to deal with the new structure. So they are leaving.

Sony's just on an incredibly strange pivot with the PS4 division compared to how open it was in 2013 and Shu Yoshida entertaining the notion of Steam on PS4 to closing it off to a walled garden based on "Exclusive content" in 2016 based on what was said at the Sony investors day by Andrew House.

thank god, maybe we'll see less NeoGAF shilling, they even have a theme on the PS4. What the fuck is up with that?

no large company wants to actually stick with indie companies because the other big boys make fun of them for not having the largest development teams and budgets. the same thing happened with Nintendo after the Wii.

Who?

Doubt it, Sony has exclusives out the arse, the amount lost from indie exclusives sounds like dick and all.

Aside from the usual Jewry?

He's just pulling out of a sinking ship. PS4 Neo and PSVR will fail and kill Sony's vidya endeavors.

this is all good news to me. Fuck indies. I want games that are actually good.

Well Maajid Nawaz does exist. The problem is that most muslims fucking hate him for believing islam needs to reform itself.

It is a myth though, her diaries are all fake, anyone know the name of the real author?

No clue. From what I hear the fucking handwriting & ink changes throughout.

I don't think they will kill sony.
But they will fail.

After some quick google search i found a man called Meyer Levin who is apparently a jewis novelist

here a quote from this website: lovkap.blogspot.fi/2011/01/who-wrote-diary-of-anne-frank.html

If what says is true I'd argue that they're smelling the coming crash and putting up barricades so the rest of the industry doesn't drag them into the abyss. Friendly reminder that the last crashs cause was that you couldn't spot quality games anymore as they were buried under mountains of shovelware.
We have a similar situation now and the platform with the highest average quality is most likely to emerge victorious. While investing into high quality titles certainly can raise the average, keeping trash out is far more cost efficient.
Raising the cost of entry to your ecosystem by making Neo support mandatory and expensive makes it more likely to filter out games your customers have no interest in. Certainly a better idea than to filter by ideological purity or embracing the shovelware.

There's no chance of a crash, sadly. Even with the shovelware on Steam. It won't cause enough damage. If anything, the CS:GO lawsuit has more chance to end Valve than early access shovelware along with the fact it's not selling while curated Early Access is becoming more popular like GOG and Xbone Store's early access.

Sony have made it very clear they want to create a walled garden ecosystem In essence they are 180-ing from their original vision of the PS4 of being a more "Open" system in they weren't going to block PC versions, be dev friendly, focused on the games and mantained that they wouldn't be signing 3rd party exclusives because they were bad for the consumer. They have completely spun around from that in favor of turning Playstation into a walled garden designed to compete with PC. So what I imagine with two of their indie program leads leaving and their 3rd party relations VP leaving as well is that there's internal restructuring at Sony regarding their new focus of the platform in exclusive gaming and TV content (That sounds familiar) that Andrew House laid out at the Sony investor day conference. That restructuring some people's roles might be downsized or made more difficult (Seriously, good luck trying to sign exclusives with a 3rd party publisher without a PC version) and decided to bail out instead. But I know Devs are fustrated as fuck with them lately because Sony is trying to push "We have 40 million consoles. We have the cards" while they want a PC version for to make sure they get revenue (Especially as PS4's attach rate on digital only games is small and sub 10,000 in some cases)

Oh and Boyes said he registered his new indie company for Nintendo and Xbox development already and said the first game will be multiplatform. The fanboys are already mad as fuck. It's cute.

What did you expect?

He's not the main but he is cringy

pass, he problably gonna greelight some shit indie game about fighting patriarchy or deep art bullshit

Good, fuck NeoGaf and the Youtube niggers who suck Sonys cock so they can play SJW movies and Call of Duty garbage.

You can't have it both ways.

and thanks to Sony, you can't have it either way as well.

What a suspiciously specific nitpick. Console gamers and PS4 gamers in particular as they chose their platform over the always online DRM nightmare planned for Xbone have different purchasing habits than the PC and mobile crowd. If you want good sales, go for a physical release. Or be content with what you get from Steam, iOS, Android and the Win10 store. Oh, most of those provide even less sales than PS4 for download only titles? But there's surely no imminent crash. Nonono. History never repeats itself, it's safe to ignore it, right? Right.
Sarcasm aside, the great crash wasn't really a worldwide crash and it would be foolish to expect the next one to be global. Different demographics have different tolerances for different flavors of bullshit so I'd expect some market segregation to emerge again. We'll see along which lines the fractures will form.

I saw that. It was dinosaur themes I think?

Then what the fuck was he doing at Sony? har har

Japan doesn't need to crash. They do what they do but they are not the source of the main cancers killing us. Just let valve and all the people pumping out shovelware on their shit fail. That includes third party jews like Ubisoft, Activision, and EA, who put out AAA shovelware.

Always thought he was fine being such close buds with Jeff Gerstmann and Ryan Davis RIP.

He was funny on GiantBomb's E3 after-show livesteam drunk chats, though I haven't seen those in a year or two