Touhou Netplay #⑨

We play games with cute girls (because no one else does) - Baka edition.
I'm thinking of simply not numbering the next OPs, there aren't any more jokes to be done after this number.

Phantasmagoria of Flower View:
DL:mediafire.com/download/3gia1bwpw2z39wy/PoFV Netplay Pack.zip
Info: hastebin.com/raw/uviwiyigex

Hisoutensoku + Scarlet Weather Rhapsody:
For a moveset list please refer to hisouten.koumakan.jp/wiki/Touhou_Hisoutensoku_Wiki
DL:mediafire.com/download/ymrru5e0stydvst/Touhou 12.3 Hisoutensoku v1.10a eng patch v1.1a + 10.5 Hisouten v1.06a eng patch v1.1a + Sokuroll v1.3.rar
Info: hastebin.com/raw/xanohiyoga

Urban Legend in Limbo (jap v1.11, don't update it if you want to play online):
DL: mega.nz/#!e5wnCJzK!x0KleZvTbLLChtsOF4kd0nVX7ZbFr8a5LIEyf8Qj6mE
Info: hastebin.com/raw/nelihivihe

Meddlesome Magician 2:
Please refer to en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Touhou_Daiundousai/Characters for info on how to play each character in Battle Royale.
DL: mega.nz/#!ldgVQR6K!PM3TblpfKqMoiV7QRK_4emj7gH-TzkknboLDDeILmig
Info: hastebin.com/raw/xusesadeda

Touhou Hack and Slash:
DL: mediafire.com/download/jqb59bgu2q7hb2w/Touhou Hack & Slash.7z
Info: hastebin.com/raw/megaruhipe

Touhou Diablo: Treasure Hunter G:
DL: mediafire.com/download/itva1ak20711od2/TD - THG.7z
Info: hastebin.com/raw/orixahuguw

Touhou Boushuen - Age of Ethanols (2.18 jap):
DL:wishful.cc/sp/public/touhou_threads/蟒酒宴+ 2.18.7z
We also have an optional english version, if you can't read moonrunes and want to learn what the menus say or if you want to play SP: wishful.cc/sp/public/touhou_threads/Boushuen English version 1.01a.7z
Note that we only use the 2.18 japanese version for online play and this version is widely different in faction balance, it also lacks the Library faction.
Info: hastebin.com/raw/suwipujaba

UT2k4 Unreal Touhou Mod + Killing Floor:
Not exactly a fangame, but someone's been working on a mod for UT2k4 that pretty much lets you play as 2hu models, we also have it bundled with the OG Killing Floor mod.
DL:mega.nz/#!mhBDgR7L!BW3Bn47M4vHCPm8Qsn2YdjmvxWBfeyYMEUgZweSv7wY
Warning, it's almost 3 gigabytes big but it's a no-bullshit version with the registry key and everything you need to play, just unzip and run.
Also, we now have a patch-style upload with the Killing Floor mod + the latest touhou models, for those who already have UT2k4 and don't want to download 3+ gigs of shit, again.
Patch:mega.nz/#!y8YWjQgK!LanbQvTCDPl8YkgxthwlXZEMrmEcM5VIXSEgZczt66E

We have an IRC channel on irc.rizon.net, #2hu8ch which is mainly for tech support purposes and occasionally chatter for games that lack an in-game chat system like Treasure Hunter G or Meddlesome Magician. It's also largely dead because we mostly only use the thread for communication.

General discussion of touhou gameplay is allowed and encouraged, though the main focus is for organizing netplaying matches.

NO SECONDARIES ALLOWED

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!v8Y1SRYL!ElCesQJqrcUFM8oehR6BCtsCOXFyqB1f6I0QkKLB-Es
www107.zippyshare.com/v/CMshkqZB/file.html
8ch.net/thg/guide.html
8ch.net/v/0.json'
my.mixtape.moe/lhjtej.zip
my.mixtape.moe/yigjvy.zip
www40.zippyshare.com/v/vJDl23Op/file.html
gamebanana.com/maps/47488
ut2004.ut-files.com/index.php?dir=TotalConversions/Unreal/Build1/
youtube.com/watch?v=8BM4pwxn0ZY
www114.zippyshare.com/v/9UM8TUjH/file.html
www114.zippyshare.com/v/6OvL7RJC/file.html
www114.zippyshare.com/v/xGtTwsnA/file.html
www114.zippyshare.com/v/tmDIKcUC/file.html
www114.zippyshare.com/v/kb7sWq3r/file.html
www114.zippyshare.com/v/LAnvGf6a/file.html
youtube.com/watch?v=THpX3uquQ_A
youtube.com/watch?v=9hsMhVnk12I
bowlroll.net/file/12555
hastebin.com/raw/bagacocuge
archive.is/B7VUz
archive.is/u53X5
evolvehq.com/recruit/party?token=player:dENYHt6GEi5GUGDe,party:eW_wvaPunDOFA96e
www15.zippyshare.com/v/UhIlq3Px/file.html
ghostbin.com/paste/7k75y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'd like to try out UT2004 with that mod that was apparently used recently in the last thread that adds weapons, forgot how it's called. Or 2 mods, whatever.

Good.

Repostan from thread

Patch for Ballistic Weapons and Junk Wars

mega.nz/#!v8Y1SRYL!ElCesQJqrcUFM8oehR6BCtsCOXFyqB1f6I0QkKLB-Es

Once installed, check the mutator tab and 'configure' ballistic weapons, check 'use all weapons' and click 'all' then OK.

Then under Junk War, click 'fill' and for battles which only melee weapons spawn, choose 'Use junk only' then OK.'

Ballistic Weapons and Junk Wars, I meant those two.

So uh, UT2004 when?

Probably when one of the hosts pops up here as usual.

I can host soon. I've just been trying to follow and getting confused.

Should be fine now. Try connecting to 89.99.155.26:7777

Post this in the server package

ServerPackages=BCoreV25
ServerPackages=BallisticV25
ServerPackages=BallisticVehiclesV25
ServerPackages=BEVehiclesV14
ServerPackages=JunkWarV25

Forgot to mention under Engine.GameEngine

Forgot these packages
ServerPackages=JunkWarFix
ServerPackages=BallisticFix
ServerPackages=BallisticV21
ServerPackages=BCoreFix
ServerPackages=BCoreV2
ServerPackages=BCoreV21
ServerPackages=BallisticVehiclesFix
ServerPackages=HUDFix

Game crashes when I try to host now

Failed to load 'BallisticV21': Can't find file for package 'BallisticBlood2'

History: UObject::SafeLoadError

I removed ServerPackages=BallisticV21 from what I pasted

BallisticBlood2

www107.zippyshare.com/v/CMshkqZB/file.html

I like the thread numbers. You should keep them.

Has anyone gotten Gensou Skydrift netplay to work?

Is that the MKDD-kinda clone racing game? We haven't tried it yet because as far as i know, it has DRM for it's online play.

All right anons, I've been thinking about streaming a bots-only match where we with our Touhou team go up against another board with their team of appropriate characters in game modes like either Team Deathmatch, CTF (2 Teams or 4 Teams), or Deathball (I think it would work better). Its pretty much like the iCup that used to be hosted here but unlike that, you can actually have the characters show up rather than some dude with a soccer jersey on and with my skill at porting models to Unreal Engine 2, I can make some of them work and they could have their appropriate voice packs play for when they score a kill.

If anons like this idea, I was thinking of considering that user from the previous thread's request on adding Neps and have /nep/ be our first opponent for the team battle.

What do you think?

Far as I'm aware, nope.

Its more Sonic Riders than Mario Kart

Be careful about streaming.

Any more input on ?

We're not nearly popular enough to justify streaming stuff instead of playing videogames.

What other board is there that has enough people who would be into it, aside from /a/ or Holla Forums?

So, each "general"/board picks a team of lolis and they play deathball/CTF/TDM?
I'd watch that. If you can make the models.
AND FOR FUCK'S SAKE, GET GOOD COMMENTATORS.

That is true, we're mostly just a little team of fairies while the other places have more numbers to them which wouldn't do us good.

Say the number of fairies grows here in the future, would you like to visit that idea? (To be honest, I think we should in the event we do try it stick with small boards or stay on Holla Forums)

Get 5 lolis for each team. I think that would work.

Of course that doesn't mean that the idea does not sound, fun.

Well sort of if their theme was that.

If we were up against Holla Forums though for example, their picks would be Bane, The Flash, Red Skull, and Batman whereas our team would be Marisa, Reimu, Sakuya, and Patchouli.

And for example, someone like /nep/ would pick their neps to fight against us.

Only difficulty is finding good looking models.

Damn it!

What is the polygon limit per model for unreal 2k4?

I don't believe there is a limit but one of the models that I have has 35K polygons which I'd like to try and not go above because while it might not be 2004 anymore and computers have come a long way and the internet, I want to be careful of adding too many high-poly looking characters in one match.

Mornin' fairies.

Good morning! It's friday night, so let's have some more games today! Feel free to request whatever game.

So remember when most of us thought the Touhous looked too bright in Unreal? Well even with the brightness of their textures lowered, they still kind of stick out but I did find a neat mutator that changes the way Unreal's lighting works.

Now when you hide in dark places, your character won't stick out and for certain characters (Alt Tewi for instance) that are dark, they won't have themselves exposed!

Touhou is a pretty overwhelming thing and I don't know if this is the thread to ask but where do I start with these games?

Heres what blending in the dark looks like!

While Touhou started on PC-98, they don't get recognition in canon lore outside of few nods.

If you want to get yourself familiar with the modern era that we're in today and get a good idea of what you're in for, shoot for the first Windows game: EoSD.

For the shmup-games people will usually start with either Embodiment of Scarlet Devil or Perfect Cherry Blossom and work towards a normal 1cc in one of those games before moving onto the next. So I guess start with one of those?

Thanks!

Its been a while since we did MM2, I'm in the mood for some fightan.

Hosting MM2 on 89.99.155.26:7777

Can't seem to connect, you sure thats the right port number?

Should be the right port number. Try again now

You should probably disable individual character selection

Oh damn, chose the wrong option

8ch.net/thg/guide.html

why?

Bah, whatever. I guess I didn't add those extra rounds

I'll be resuming Unreal 2k4 model porting.

Any fairies still awake?

I've got just the team.
Also, seems pretty dead tonight.

I am. Haven't had in any luck in putting the models together (One looked decent but the skirt and hands need to be repaired, another looked like arse, and the other one I'll work on later)

I'm thinking about changing the score number font for Deathball because imo, it looks awful compared to the base game

If I had a decent looking template loli model, I would consider it

I can host some UT/KF/AoE if you guys want.

Much as I like to join in, I'm feeling exhausted…

Dunno if I talked about this already but should I throw in the No Team Skins mutator whenever we do a team game mode or filming Deathball?

It's late now but it would be nice to play some AoE tomorrow.

Mornin' Fairies!

Good evening, fairies!

AoE+ when

I can play/host in half an hour.

71.239.121.92:10800

Hosting AoE+

I waited for someone to join for half an hour until I realized my post didn't get through. Thanks, Holla Forums.

We have two players. It sure has been slow lately.

Now we have 3. Can we please get 4 just one time? I want to play for once instead of just spectating.

Game is still up.

Looks like nobody is joining. Host is down.

Why is it so quiet in here?

Probably has to do with 10M GET

while sleep 0.1s; do curl -ks '8ch.net/v/0.json' | jq -r '.threads[0].posts[-1:][0]["no"]'; done
For the glory of vhu.

FUCK i just got back from the hellhole that is society, can you rehost?

71.239.121.92:10800

Game up.

Welp, GG i guess.

I still can't into fucking economics 101, i tried to do a hard rush with no defenses.

So that's why you had so little static defense.

Somebody asked for this so I'm uploading my replay folders. This is every replay. There's some good ones while others are trash or just plain embarrassing.

Japanese 2.18: my.mixtape.moe/lhjtej.zip
English 1.01a: my.mixtape.moe/yigjvy.zip

Somebody else mentioned this. Is the OP post worded in such a way as to scare away potential new players? Is there anything we can do to attract new players?

Are you referring to the "NO SECONDARIES ALLOWED" line?

No, I'm just rephrasing what someone else said. We mentioned it over a game of AoE and I felt like it should be discussed in the thread. Personally, I don't think there's anything wrong with it.

Well aside from a few posts last thread that were bait and that 'board plan' that I didn't like (Mainly because of the way it was worded), I haven't seen much trouble around here so I suppose if we can come up with something good, then we might be able to get some new blood.

I'd still like to see Deathball or a crossover fight happen

I would play with you guys but being a /jp/ TRU NEET, I would never touch secondaries

Darn, no get for me.

All right, looks like the GET storm is finally over.

Shall we play some games?

Or actually, resume our discussion about the new players deal?

Consider this: A pack of wild Touhous.
Elegant, flying Youkais nearing your human home. Trampling your human lawn. Having a tea party with your human daughter.
And you can't do shit since they're youkais. Reimu grabs your wife and fucks her with her miko stick.
The Touhous finally dominate your household. They watch graceful spellcard fights in the sky and you are forced to be their sex slave.
Such is the downfall of Human.

Why is this such a big deal? It doesn't change anything in this thread, does it?

I guess not.

I'm assuming thats the analogy of looking for new players and what will happen if we do that

I could try a bit of MM2 or UT2004.

I wouldn't mind some UT2k4 as well, as long as it isn't KF since much as I like it, I'd like to not be rusty at arena shooters by training

The site went down for me for a bit actually.

Now that you mention it, there were some stutters. Nothing unusual on Holla Forums.

Well at least the servers aren't that awful, I remember past GETs being down longer than this

If we're looking for new players, we just need to advertise in a couple Touhou related places, don't we? Not everyone is gonna be checking Holla Forums's Holla Forums for Touhou threads after all. Personally, I think having a talk with the moderators of the Holla Forums Soku steam group would be a good start

Shall I host some UT2004 then?

Suppose we could. Just be careful of who you try to get

Just checked, nothing much has been happening over there since 2015 (Then again, they could be playing the games and they don't announce it)

I don't want to use my Steam again though

Yeah sure.

I guess I can play some UT2004.

This has been mentioned before. Do we really want Steam users here? Aren't they from 4chan?

Trying to host UT2004 and I'm getting this error whenever I start the server. I'm not even trying to load a Ballistic Gametype so what the hell?

Failed to load 'BallisticV21': Can't find file for package 'BWGoreHardware'

History: UObject::SafeLoadError

Remove the BW related packages in UT2004.ini

Alright, that fixed it. Server is up: 89.99.155.26:7777

Well, if I persuaded one of the administrators to announce that we're hosting games here, I'm sure we'd get an increase in players.

I don't think Steam is nearly as bad as you're making it out to be. And it doesn't matter if they're from 4chan, what matters is if they're decent human beings who know how to interact with one another.

We're had this exact conversation before. You know my answer.

Link to the Dook map

www40.zippyshare.com/v/vJDl23Op/file.html

Be very careful who you invite to these games. The wrong group of people could easily ruin them. (I speak from experience)

I really don't understand this deep dark hatred for steam

Hosting some Laggy Magician 2! 89.99.155.26:7777

Das right

I always get these….

fun matches

All right so Deathball doesn't really work when doing the old KF way of merging mod folder into the base game. (Its playable but on my end team colors didn't work)

I'll try again tomorrow and see if changing the ini file inside the mod will work

Clownpiece is invading UT! We've got to do something about this grave threat.

You mean liberating for freedom right?

Well I tried Deathball again via mod folder and it turns out that custom model do indeed work! You just have to copy the upl of the character in the base game system folder to Deathball's xdbplayer upl file in the system folder

Team logos also work but so far I've seen no map that makes use of them

It says that your clipboard data is malformed and gives you an example of the proper format.

Tried to see if custom jingles would work in Deathball whenever a certain team scored and unfortunately its not possible to do as they both alternate.

Also tried some more mods to see if custom models worked on them. Alien Swarm doesn't work, Unwheel still doesn't work, but Carball (Which is pretty much where Rocket League and what not started from) does and not only can you use custom characters, but your ride can be changed!

Carball is pretty much Deathball but stuck inside cars and bots sadly don't work

Mornin', Fairies.

Playing MM2 last time was pretty fun, and I didn't do as badly as i usually do for once. Kinda want to try some MM2 again soon because of that.

aka millimeter 2

⓪⓪⑨

Secret Agent Cirno in the unfinished Goldeneye eye mod! MP can be played but theres plenty of problems like the textures for weapons not being applied and you can get stuck (Also custom models are too big)

Wouldn't mind.

millimeter 2 when

NOW

190.36.125.185:10801
Meddlesome Magician 2

expect lag and possible crashes

hey host, would be cool if you came to the irc by the way

Yeah sure, will hop on.

We're missing 1 more player, if anyone wants to join i'll launch it in a few minutes.

Well that was a lot of crashing.

vts cum soon pls

Welp there goes fun i guess.

Anyone wanna play anything else?

I can also host something. Just ask for a game!

post the corndog 2hu slut

How about the original Unreal 1 journey on UT2004?

Actually scratch that, MM2 since it kept crashin

I was kinda thinking of MM2. Come to the irc if you're gonna host that.

(the irc in the op)

Hosting MM2 89.99.155.26:7777

Hosting some UT2004, we're playing the Duke map right now. So if you want to join in then download it from www40.zippyshare.com/v/vJDl23Op/file.html

89.99.155.26:7777

The Duke map might be a bit too large to play Hide & Seek in. It was fun for a bit though, maybe we should try a smaller one next time?

Next time we play UT2k4, this map will be added

gamebanana.com/maps/47488

Think Silent Hill

Mornin', Fairies!

I'm still doing my best on adding more Touhous to Unreal. Hopefully we can try out the Silent Hill map and eventually the Unreal 1 co-op mod

ut2004.ut-files.com/index.php?dir=TotalConversions/Unreal/Build1/

A new challenger approaches!!!

you're really awesome, user!

So, what are we playing today?

Probably some UT2k4 but its anything goes here as long as one of the hosts is up. You want AOE? You'll get AOE. You want MM2? You might get MM2.

I've still got a few more challengers to work on before I release the next update.

That's really cool!

Whatever you guys want to. I'll host something later

Yeah, i'm ok with UT2004 and MM2. Or even PoFV.
not sure about AoE though

I can probably host PoFV without it lagging.

AdonisE/1
190.36.125.185:10800

Whoever was playing, it obviously desynched after that last game, want me to rehost?

Nah, you'll probably get bullied more.

also for some reaason i'm just sitting in the irc just hoping someone might come and play some shit

But i won the first two matches and the last one.

assuming the entire game wasn't desynched from the start, because of fucking PoFV's broken netplay

Whatever, wanna play something else instead?

I'd rather not use IRC unless we were playing a game that lacked a chat option like MM2

Hosting some UT! 89.99.155.26:7777

Seems like in order to have Lunatic difficulty bots, the ini has to be changed.

Also, I'm gonna attempt to change the hud again, which heart do you like more?

Host down.

I like the 1st and 2nd one

I think 2nd would fit a bit more. 3rd just doesn't seem like it fits while 1st feels a bit too modern for UT2004 in a way.

none

Another challenger steps into the arena!

You can't see it in the screenshot but just some fine tuning and it'll be good to go

Slightly better shot of the challenger

Thank god Unreal Engine 2 supports double-sided textures.

Her outfit doesn't match the weather.

All right, thats about enough time for me to put into model porting.

You'll get some more shots of whos coming tomorrow or this week.

If your request or favorite pick still hasn't showed up, don't worry. I'm still either searching for a decent looking model or its on my to-do list

With the slip of a finger or a slight loss of focus, the run is gone. There is always a way to learn and get better.

Bump, anyone want to play some games?

Hello fairies.

I'll be away for a bit. Once I return, I'll resume model porting

I'm up for some KF, but I don't know when people will join so I'll wait for that.

Fairies still here? How about I host some KF in a bit.

I'm down

Sure, i'm betting it would end up laggy if i were to host instead.

Hosting Killing Floor: 89.99.155.26:7777

Patty keeps kicking our asses…but least there was the machine pistol!

Thanks for the matches! That was pretty fun.

Holy fuck I sure got bullied hard.

a-at least i got you thrice or 4 times and got you to half a heart a couple of times
just no 2 KOs in a row sadly so no wins at all

Hope we can play some UT2004 soon
coconut gun

Sure UnrealED will allow me to use shaders so that they look less horrifying but Jesus Christ a lot of them look like uncanny valley

Another challenger steps into the arena!

Aww yeah! I've been waiting for this!

Yuuka with Parachute pants when?

Mornin', fairies.

Can't wait to play som vidya gayms.

j-just a little longer i guess

What should I host today?

For me it could be anything.
except AoE tho, i never really feel like playing it

i'll soku for 10 rounds if someone hosts

Soku it is then.

note: i suck at this game

Hosting some UT for now 89.99.155.26:7777

Rooks what do I have to do to make the HUD work with Ballistic Weapons? I added the HUD fix mutator when I started hosting. Do I have to add anything else to ServerPackages?

GGs i guess?

I am not exactly sure if i'm improving at all. Are you holding back a bit just to give me a chance to land a few hits? If so, please don't next time we match up.

I'm still up. Using Ballistic Weapons mod this time, are you unable to connect? If so, I'll go back to regular Deathmatch

I was playing soku, i'll join now.

It's more like I'm playing more aggressively and carelessly than I normally would because your damage output is too low.

Ah, makes sense. I'm still struggling to perform some of the more damaging combos, i just can't seem to do 421 or 623 motions reliably which limits my options drastically.

Can you put a link for the Ballistic Weapons mod?

It just says connecting but it never connects

Wait nevermind i'm blind as shit. The thing is in this post already.

Rehosting with normal DM because UT kept crashing because it couldn't find packages for some reason

Gonna experiment to find out what I did wrong later

Reposting from previous thread for an user:"

I get these models from various places and games. The first 9 Touhou
characters like Reimu are from Uniting Barrage Action (I've ranted on
how shit it looks on PS4 and how Flandere was possibly DLC for that
because there were no updates for her on PC), Clownpiece is from MMD
whereas Tewi is from MMD origins but I extracted her from a Super Smash
Bros Brawl mod.

Texture editing: Paint.NET

Text editing: Notepad++

Model file conversion: Noesis

Rigging for UT2k4: Milkshape 3D

Finishing touches like applying textures and importing model: UnrealED 2 (Comes with the game)

Sometimes I use 3DS Max and XNALara in case the models need to be more smooth but thats mostly for non-Touhou characters.

Its not too hard to learn so if anyone wanted some help or tutorials from me, I'd be glad to give a hand.
"

Hosting some MM2 89.99.155.26:7777

just remember to come in the irc
you too, tewi

set stuff up, how join?

look at the fucking picture guides
also join the irc in the op if you want to play mm2 because it has no chat

If you're starting up MM2, you can skip the intro by pressing b. Then in the main menu select network. On that screen change the port number (near the bottom) to the port the host has given you. Lastly, copy the IP (just the IP portion, not the port), of the host and select the 2nd option from the top in the network screen.

Hosting some AoE+ 2.18 89.99.155.26:7777

Those were some great matches. I din't think we were going to win but your back gap assaults basically erradicated their bases.
too bad power went out, i was gonna post the win screen

WHEN

Sorry I couldn't play any matches today

Bump, anyone up for some PoFV?

Me, I guess.

if you're there, UPES, i'm still up for some soku

also suika model for ut2004 when

We'll do some PoFV because i still suck at it and i need to get better, then we can do Soku afterwards if you want.

190.36.125.185:10800 - AdonisE/1

Fug, it crashed, rehosting.

It crashed.

I'm awful. HORRIBLE at this game.
GGs though, maybe one day i'll get to actually win a match that isn't lagging to hell.

Hosting soku, same IP:Port.

fug, guess someone else got in first. Ah well.

Morning fairies.

Managed to find some extra game modes for UT2k4

Virus: Think of it as that zombie game mode like Halo. One player (Or bots since they work good in the mode) becomes infected while the others try to avoid him because those uninfected score points while the one who is infected does not. If the infected player manages to touch someone or the uninfected dies, then they become infected and they no longer score points, they have to join the zombie team and find flesh. Default rules for the game is that whoever reaches a certain amount of points wins the match

Gunreal: Its pretty much Gun Game. You start out with a weak weapon (Assault rifle in this case) and as you score kills, you get more weapons and whoever reaches to gun level 15 wins the match. If you kill someone with the shield gun, I believe they lose one point. Bots work.

Yeah i din't expect someone else to join.

I don't know how, but i somehow won ONE full round out of 4. Why were you so careless? GGs.

Rehosting same IP:Port.

Virus sounds fun if we can play it on a non-arena style map

I remember playing this a very long time ago in Timesplitters: Future Perfect. It was both scary and fun for me.
youtube.com/watch?v=8BM4pwxn0ZY

Welp, that was pretty fun.
At least I learned I should try to main Marisa instead of Aya.

GGs, i can't believe i'm better at fighting games than shumps at this point, i don't even play regularly. Maybe all those matches with aya did make me better after all.

Rehosting soku if anyone wants to play.

Watching that made me think that weapons and powerups should be disabled (Luckily theres an option for that in the rules tab)

I tried some more stuff out.

First pic related is not only Bloodgulch from Halo, but theres a mutator in which the vehicles that have the blades stick out via alt fire are replaced with skateboards. They work just like a car would and it will not allow more than one person to ride it

You can definitely perform tricks with it!

Another that sadly disappointed me because the concept was awesome but its limited to one map like Greed is Snowball Fight which you get snowballs and you throw them at your opponents! Its pretty much DM but with snowballs.

2nd pic related is Moso. I talked about in the previous thread how a gamemode like Whipmatch looked interesting at first but the concept got boring after a few minutes because map choices were limited and you could die a lot from merely htiting walls. Well Moso fixes that and rather than getting killed instantly by the walls, you have to push your opponent off the map or into a hazard to score points (Default weapons are disabled).

Will work with any DM match but its recommended that the map is open.

Forgot to mention another mutator I found

To make the matches more challenging, there is a health potion mutator where picking up a potion has a chance of either scoring more health or take it away because it was spoiled

Well for those who are still bummed about a racing mode, there is a mod called Anomaly which is pretty much Wipeout/F-Zero/Star Wars Episode I Racer. You don't get to see your custom characters but then again, you can always assume they're piloting the machine.

I also found more Deathball maps. Sadly, only a few of them make use of team logos (And not one of them is a soccer stadium!) and only one of the official maps makes use of it. You'd think with a team game, especially one that plays like a Soccer, Rugby, or Football match that they'd add team flags somewhere.

Welp, i sure can't wait to play some UT2004/MM2.

i kinda want to try that gunreal gamemode actually

I guess I'll start off with some UT2004 I guess. Hosting: 89.99.155.26:7777

Will the Killing Floor mod work with the Steamcuck version?

If you're referring to UT2k4: Yes. Even if you got it from places like GoG or Steam, it should still work.

If you're referring to the Tripwire retail game: No it won't.

Posting the custom game modes

Also I screwed up on the name, its not Gunreal, thats a different mod. Its Gun Game.

Gun Game
www114.zippyshare.com/v/9UM8TUjH/file.html

Freezetag
www114.zippyshare.com/v/6OvL7RJC/file.html

Virus
www114.zippyshare.com/v/xGtTwsnA/file.html

Assassin
www114.zippyshare.com/v/tmDIKcUC/file.html

Mutators

Health potion age mutator
www114.zippyshare.com/v/kb7sWq3r/file.html

UT1999 weapons (This one is the biggest download)
www114.zippyshare.com/v/LAnvGf6a/file.html

I believe the folders are already sorted. If they don't work, the host may have to add ServerPackages=name into their UT2004.ini

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!

So remember when I said that I had trouble finding Sky Arena models because the tool didn't work, there was only a few of them posted on model resource, and some kike on DA was selling them for $5 each? Well fuck that noise, I can finally get my hands on the models via Ninja Ripper!

All I have to do is combine the meshes together and try my best to tidy them up so that they don't look awful when I port them to the Unreal engine.

I know a few anons will be pleased to see this.

Thank you for your patience.

I'll also add that Ninja Ripper pretty much works as a swiss army knife type of tool for me because while I can't get skeleton data from the games (Its not that important when it comes to Unreal), I can pretty much get the best looking models without having it looked distorted. I tested it on Genso Rondo and it worked pretty well (Camera goes all over the place though, hard to stay focused)

Of course maybe I haven't tried it on another game that doesn't work well with it but if you got any 3D Touhou fangames for me to inspect, let me know!

And if I haven't said it before, fuck this 'DLC character exclusive to consoles and locked behind a paywall' bullshit. I was expecting to nab Yuyuko cause the wiki said she was in there but nope! PS4 DLC with Aya

I downloaded all the programs that you listed for use of importing models and have aquired

This Suwako. Do you have any general pointers or basic's you would like to reveal so I can start adding models too.

I'll tell you the process when I get up from my sleep

Morning, Fairies!

All right, here are some of my pointers. It may look TL:DR but bear with me, its important information you'll need.

General
The textures should use the DDS format. If there is no alpha in the texture, save it as a DXT1 but if there is alpha, save it as DXT5.

While its entirely up to you how you name your textures, I would use the "X_bodypart" name format to make it easier. So for instance her body texture would be "suwako_body" (I don't believe it matters if the first letter is a capital but to be safe, make sure its all in lower case)

The first texture (Usually the body) needs to be copied 4 times and renamed to "X_body_0" because you'll make team skins for game modes like CTF and CTF4, edit with the photo editing program of your choice and change the hue. The team color format goes like this: 0=Red, 1=Blue, 2=Green, 3=Gold/Yellow

When you have the above done, keep a backup of textures into a folder so that if you wish to make revisions, you'll have the original files on you.

When you have the team skins made, open all the files and set their brightness to -75 (This is why I ask you to backup your texture files in case you wish to change things) so that the model won't stick out much in the Unreal Engine.

Milkshape

ALWAYS IMPORT THE DEFAULT UNREAL MODEL FIRST, THEN YOUR MODEL!

I always use MercFemaleB or MercMaleB but others shouldn't make much of a difference.

Both male and female models have different bones (For instance, the female has hair bones) so don't assume they're the same.

Once you imported your model, make sure you remove all traces of the Unreal model except the skeleton (Just groups and materials.)

The model may not always perfectly fit the Unreal skeleton or clip, so just scale it as good as you can.

Make use of the rotate and move options by disabling certain axis. (For their legs, I usually do x8 + z5)

Sometimes the model might looked screwed up when you use the textured format, so when you're previewing how they operate, choose 'Smooth shaded' and make your best judgement.

SAVE OFTEN! ESPECIALLY SAVE WHEN YOU'RE DONE ASSIGNING VERTEXES!

UnrealED

When you import your textures in your package, right click, choose properties, and make sure that under 'Texture' that LODSET_Playerskin is chosen instead of LODSET_World (For their portraits, its LODSET_Interface)

When you also import your textures in your package, it should give you checkboxes of a few options. I would maybe leave on MipMaps and if your texture has an alpha, make sure that Alpha is checked.

If your model's skirt or whatever on the inside doesn't display, you can use the TwoSided option under properties, surface. (You shouldn't use it for the whole model like their heads though)

When creating a UPL file, use the character's first name (For example, Suwako.upl). You can use my Cirno.upl as a template for your Touhou models because it has their custom species and soundpacks. Just rename Cirno to whoever you're making and it should work.

When writing their profile, try not to make it long or else Unreal 2004 will not display them when you select the character.

Again its up to you how you name your models but I recommend saving the formats like this: NAMETex.utx for Textures and NAMEAni.ukx for Animations.

Forgot to mention that when it comes to making character portraits, thats the background I use for them and the drop shadow property is their silhouette. You don't have to use the template but I recommend that you do so that the portraits don't clash.

Ah crap, forgot to mention

In your UPL where it says "Bodyskin=" and "Faceskin=", those are the first and second textures you applied to your model. So if your second texture was something like "suwako_shoes", put that in FaceSkin=TexPackage.suwako_shoes". The bodyskin is what the team texture will be.

If you want to learn more like making your own species, soundpacks to work with custom species, voicepacks for the character and announcer, or whatever else, let me know.

All of the file names are in moonrunes

Thats fine, you just rename them to appropriate parts (suwako_eye, suwako_hair, etc.).

I don't think UnrealED will accept textures in unicode format.

Annnd I just forgot to mention again

Since it looks like you're using the MMD format, export it as a OBJ file because they don't work on Milkshape. If the textures look messed up in Milkshape, open up Noesis, check 'export from preview' and check 'Flip UVs'

Is there any video I could watch to make this simpler, I couldn't find anything when I tried to search

I learned from these tutorials (It doesn't really matter which one you picked, they both work the same)

youtube.com/watch?v=THpX3uquQ_A
youtube.com/watch?v=9hsMhVnk12I

Hey user who is attempting to mod Unreal 2k4, would it be better for me to make an infograph for you to understand?

Welp, I guess I'm up for some MM2/UT2004, as long as there's people to play it and someone to host it.

I'd prefer a quick round of MM2 since I'd rather wait until I get my update done for Unreal.

MM2 it is then.
Time to wait for a host then.

I guess I'll start hosting some MM2 in a bit. Give me a couple minutes

Hosting MM2 89.99.155.26:7777

Point multipliers are bullshit just like the bonus stars in Mario Party

Anyone up for AoE?

I give up, I'll try again some other time. I would appreciate an infographic sure. You can have the suwako files if you want. She seems like a good model.

I might've seen that Suwako somewhere, if you got a link, I'll look at it.

As for the infograph, I'll do my best to compress what I've said and try to make the images look beginner friendly as possible.

If you try porting again, start with something simple (Anything less than 10000 triangles) and then once you practice and put some time into it, then it'll be a cinch.

What happened? Soon as I began downloading, it disappeared

One of the texture files was unencrypted.
bowlroll.net/file/12555
Here is were I got the model originally
Passcode still suwakosama

Undecrypted file* It said. I'm pretty sure it was her head textures

Did it work? big red download button if you are unsure

Yes it did.

Another challenger approaches!!!

In HnS, what do the colors next to the equipped items in the inventory symbolize?

Both of the blue items have '未鑑定'. I guess that means unexaminable. Yellow probably means enchanted. What does the game mean by unexaminable? I can mouse over them and view their stats.

Blue ones are sealed, you can examine them.

Oh, at Kourindou. I haven't played in like 2 months so I forgot. That works nicely.

I went to this map to look for Tengu noses. I wiped out the whole map and didn't find any. The drop rates in this game are abysmal. I found Kanako and beat her up. For the sake of completion, I decided to go to a room on the other side of the map that was the only one I haven't explored yet. Alice was there. I didn't expect to see her and I almost left the map without finding her. In the dialogue after she was defeated, she said that she went to look for objects in the cave in her free time and ran out of supplies. Both Kanako and Alice fight like golemns but with more hitpoints. The only interesting boss fight so far was Sakuya. It's kind of boring.

未鑑定 means unexamined, not unexaminable. I need to brush up on my moonrunes.

Now that you mentioned Hack and Slash, it really is boring to play (Even with the addition of teammates to form a youkai extermination squadron). I said it before but once you finished the game, theres really not much of a reason to go back to it (I'm surprised you're shooting for completion)

I guess the good thing about it is the music.

You'll find the same problem with the Treasure Hunter games where it'll also feel boring to play and not even having teammates with you salvages it (Heck in that game, the enemies only popped up when the host went further)

It goes by faster with a team. I'm just trying to unlock hard. I killed Sanae(at least her fight was kind of interesting) and made it to the hell levels. I'm going to try to grind out the two quests I have before proceeding though. Afaik, the hell levels are last so I should be almost done. The music is great.

Apparently this game is made by the same author. Is it worth playing?

Turns out there's still the Palace of Earth Spirits. I'm doing the raven beak and silver wolf pelt quests. It shouldn't be long now.

I've never touched it or seen footage of it in action so I couldn't tell you. If its anything like Hack and Slash though, I wouldn't bother with it

Sky Drift may still have its DRM but that doesn't stop me from snooping around the model files (I like how its ran on Unity)

Anyways, there are some characters that are in Sky Drift but not Sky Arena or other 3D Games (To my knowledge) so I'll add them to Unreal unless they have a better looking MMD model.

One thing that I should say is that there may be some characters who don't look that good in Unreal and could use a makeover, so I'm gonna use some examples and I'd like to know which one you like more and whether or not I should discard their current model or keep them as options for alternate looks so that if one is bored of how that character looks, they can switch appearances (Although if I'm gonna do alternate looks, they're gonna be low priority)

The Sky Drift models are cute.

…now that I think about it, keeping their old models and using them as alternate looks seems like a pointless idea.

But yeah, there are characters like Yukari who show up in one 3D game but not another and if the new models look good, I'll put them in. (I don't mind using the MMD models but I try my best to use them as a last resort in case a character does not have a model in any 3D game)

Do you personally dislike mmd models or is mmd just harder to port?>>10075194 those sky drift models are very cute but pretty short also. I think I kind of prefer them but the contrast from the other 2hu models might make them stand out

Mornin fairies.

Well the difficulty of porting MMD models depends on how many triangles the character has. Most of them have too many that I usually don't bother with them (Of course theres polygon cruncher which can reduce the amount of it but even then, it might not not look good because their eyebrows got fucked in the process or they look worse despite removing 20000 triangles.)

I'm surprised I got Clownpiece and she was a MMD model (Then again, there was virtually no model of her in any fangame)

As I said, some MMD models might look good with or without shaders but most of the time, they hit Uncanny Valley levels of creepy like pics related (They would probably look better with the toon shader on but as it stands, jesus christ. But then you might wind up with something decent like Hina in pic related 4 who uses no shaders)

All in all, I usually prefer gamerips especially ones that look like PS2 styles such as Sky Arena because they take less time to do and I like the style more compared to MMD. But if theres an MMD model of a Touhou that has none in other games, doesn't have too many triangles, and looks decent, I'll try my best to add them

That is true. And I already got Sky Arena models into Unreal.

おしまい

I'm glad to have finished Normal. Now I would like to see the other characters and maybe beat Extra. That's probably not going to be for a while. The last time I played, I left on a cliffhanger and I wanted to finish at least this part.

It would be nice to see some netplay of this, although a lot of the old players aren't interested since there's not much to come back to.

This game had a nostalgic sense to it. It reminded me of games that I hold fondly.

All of those models just need a simple shader to make them not overly bright or look plastic-like

Right. I'll probably do another screenshot comparison of shaders using an MMD model (Probably Clownpiece) when I get the chance to see what looks right

On a more unrelated topic, I tried using Ninja Ripper on AA2 and CM3D2 to see if custom characters from those games would work and while the tool works like a charm, unfortunately the parts are way off that putting them back together would be a hassle.

Welp, I'm up for some MM2.

Official Touhou Theme 2hu is always a good addition.

Actually, nevermind, I don't have time for it.

The infograph will be split into many parts.

Hows it look for a start? All right?

I wouldn't mind playing it again. Only problem is that we'd have to use Hamachi because we never figured out how to host the other way

Speaking of which, if there's enough people here I can host something if you want.

That because back then we had differing versions of the game due to patching. It should work better now.

neat, I have all but a audio editing program

The different versions were not the source of the problem. Only a single person was able to host outside of Hamachi, regardless of which version we used.

How do you feel about the touhou models used for killing floor retail? They were ripped from the gta San Andreas touhou mod

Now that I think about it, unless you plan on adding sounds for species of the characters or voice packs, you can safely ignore it and I'll write up a different tutorial for it.

And I forgot to mention that you'll need uModel so that you can open Unreal packages and export them for editing purposes.

I personally think they could use some reworking with the exception of Hina who I thought looked decent.

They look fine to me

Will work on more parts later.

Hope its readable.

Yeah they would need some touch ups to them to make them look nicer, but I like how they look.

the text in the pictures in pretty hard to make out

I'll try and remake it soon.

For now, it shouldn't put a stop to anyone who still wishes to mod the game (I'll probably just magnify the text)

Our OP is having problems and might be unable to recreate the thread.

Here's the OP pasta: hastebin.com/raw/bagacocuge

Should we make any changes to it?

archive.is/B7VUz
archive.is/u53X5

These are threads 2-3. These will be added.

Besides removing Hack and Slash + Treasure Hunter, I don't see what else needs to be changed.

How come? Because they are not commonly played anymore? If that's the case, they're not the only games to remove.

You could keep them in a separate paste bin to keep the OP smaller, but still have it accessible for new people.

Part 2 of the infograph on making UT2k4.

If the model is already good for Milkshape that it doesn't need Noesis, ignore this part.

*making UT2k4 custom characters

Naisu

I'd definitely play Hack & Slash, mostly because i never got to play it multiplayer due to usually not being there when it was hosted.
also i recommend using evolve rather than hamachi
it's like hamachi but mostly for vidya

Morning, fairies. Looks like we're approaching 300 posts!

I'm still working on the guide for UT2k4 for those that want to make custom characters for it. I will warn you in advance that Part 3 will be the most difficult part you'll face

Part 3 done!

Give me the snack

Can we 2hu gayms now? I'm up for MM2.
or H&S if someone's assed to do that

How does Evolve work? And if I got it to work for H&S, how many people would be interested in playing the game again?

From my experience, it's
>get evolve you need to register an account to use it tho
Then players in the room just need to join using the host's evolve ip.

I registered on Evolve and I created a party, which is what I think you're referring to when you say room. Here's an invitational link: evolvehq.com/recruit/party?token=player:dENYHt6GEi5GUGDe,party:eW_wvaPunDOFA96e

Part 4 is done.

JUST A FEW MORE AND THEN THE GUIDE IS FINISHED!

Hack & Slash is working via Evolve!

Hamachi and Evolve are just two VPN clients. From the game's standpoint, the only thing different is the IP addresses used. It shouldn't make a difference how it is hosted.

I would play, but let's try to host it the regular way. I don't trust this kind of software.

But it does make a difference. Do you really think we haven't tried getting it to work the regular way? We spent a really long time troubleshooting and looking for what could be the problem. Though if you do end up figuring out what the problem is, I'd love to hear it.

That was while ago. Are you currently playing?

Yeah, I'm still hosting. Though I might go offline in a bit because the other player disconnected

Can we try hosting without Evolve? I want to see if we can get it to work. If not, then we'll use it.

Ah, sure. Just give us a minute or two to kill Sakuya first.

Okay, we finished. Will you be hosting or should I do it?

Let's start with you. Do you have a sample network_config.ini?

My network file looks like this:
VTS

I'll start hosting.

This is ver1.40a?

It works. You just have to flip lines 3 and 4.

[name]

THE GUIDE IS NOW FINISHED!!!

You'll be a model making pro in no time now!

Also… indirect way of "Challenger approaching!!!"

Looks like my hosting bugged after I closed Evolve, that wasn't a very good idea of me

You logged out?

Please save and I'll rehost

Is the game up?

Ready?

Can't connect.

Hmm, now it's not letting me host. I wonder if Evolve somehow was the reason I could host it the regular way in the first place?

Huh, it seems to be true. The moment I start hosting while I have Evolve open, it let's me host. So looks like we didn't fix the original problem after all

That's odd. I'm not running Evolve.

Yeah, that's what's weird about it. It seems like it's necessary for me to run Evolve for other people to connect succesfully. I wonder if it's related to how Evolve handles port forwarding

Link to UPL template: www15.zippyshare.com/v/UhIlq3Px/file.html

Ghostbin version: ghostbin.com/paste/7k75y

We are going to do Hard mode now. Come join us if you want to play.

You where playing this again!?

Yes, we just beat Satori on Hard mode. Host is down for today.

Well shoot.

Patchouli and Remilia are MVPs

I feel like typesetting something SFW. Link me to a translated comic and I'll actually put the English on the image for you.

Zannen, this is not the thread for that kind of thing. We don't discuss comics here.

You don't own me, pig.

Cropped the second one a little closer.

She may not be the strongest or the most popular, but wriggle is the cutest and best 2hu

Mornin' Fairies.

New Thread

10 Desires and 10 million posts edition.

Stupidity isn't cute. Fuck off gook.