The Witcher

Any good/essential mods for the first and second game ?

MMORPGs don't have mods.

Scabbard mods for the first witcher

I'm not even sure Witcher 2 has any mods.

Witcher 2 has unlimited inventory mod. I suggest you use it to save yourself a headache.

what

People usually say to get the full combat rebalancing mods but the games are completely playable vanilla. Maybe look into UI mods for 2 because the menus are complete garbage.

a) Witcher ain't an MMO you tard

b) mods for MMO's exist regardless

I'm not a fan of the combat rebalance mods. The two final bosses were a complete asshole to fight with FCR even on normal(hard) difficulty.

If it's your first time through I personally suggest vanilla for 1 at least.

I just beat it vanilla for my first time late last year and I had a great time.

I still haven't played 2 or 3 yet, and I'm worried shit is about to get casual as that always seems to be the price of graphics.

Quests and story are still good in W2, although everything else is much worse.

2 isn't really any more casual than 1 but it does feel markedly worse in almost everything but graphics. Sidequests are better than the shitty notice board contracts, main story is worse, combat is generally more frustrating because the animations and hit detection are really inconsistent, menus are god awful, areas are all better than the swamp but not as interesting as Vizima was.

Well that's good at least, as really these are story focused games.

Shame though because I really liked W1's combat, potion/oils, and monster research systems. It all synergized to make the game feel like a very authentic monster slayer experience + booty.

Ah, okay, so like a bit of a mixed bag. That's about what I was expecting.

you should skip 3, it got way to progressive.

It's bait

I don't understand if I'm playing it wrong but I'm really not enjoying Witcher 1. The combat is repetitive, there's no reason to use signs if you can just hack your way out of everything. I don't understand the weapon upgrade system, there's no reason to use any other weapons besides swords. The sidequests are dull and the main quests are 70% fetchquests.
There's so many ingredients yet only 2 or 3 potions are actually useful.
Are the other games better than this? More engaging, not as pointless, etc.

I really don't get this criticism.

Isn't the combat in EVERY game repetitive?

No?

Wow, really? Just "No?".

Not even one example.

You're blowing my mind here son.

I'll humor you for a moment. In witcher 1 you can win every battle by hitting the enemy over and over and by clicking when the icon turns yellow. That makes it repetitive.
In many other games you need to use magic, buffs, heal, alternate between other attack methods in order to win. I'm just asking if later witcher games are the same, no need to get defensive.

Now that the dust has settled, we can agree that Triss is best girl.

I'm not getting defensive. I was asking you a question.

Seems you're getting a little defensive over the question.

Also, what "many other games"? List them.

90% of games I see these days are about either A) attacking the enemy until they are dead, or B) shooting the enemy until they are dead.

Repetition is a massive part of gaming in general.

The fact is you just don't like W1's combat system, and that's how you should phrase it, not "it's repetitive".

not really, if you experiment with more than sword styles
Aard sign is OP as hell, you can KO most humanoid enemies with it and finish them off really easy, Igni is usefull against group of enemies and enemies with heat wickneses like echinops, Quen - is a shield, usefull against bosses with undodgeble atacks, really usefull against golem, if you want to kill him with lightning, you can use Quen to protect yourself from accedantly geting hit by lightning yourself. Yrden and Axii, are indeed kinda useless since you obtain them way later in the game, and you probably invested talent points in other signs already.
Collect 3 meteores (it would be best if their all one collor), go to blacksmith, he makes you a steel sword, Collect 3 runes, blacksmith makes you silver sword, simple as that.
The only use for them is to sell them to blacksmith, it's actually a lore thing, since withcers are trained to use only swords.
Nah man, you probably only on second chapter, there is actually pretty neat mainquest, that actually makes you feel like a detective, it made the Witcher, one of my favorite RPG's. Side quests thought, I think are meant to convey the feeling of "routing" of your proffesion of monter slayer.
Than Witcher is no different, there are many buffs, like potions, oils etc. Sure you can click your way to win, like you said, but it will become boring way to fast, with the amount of enemies game throws at you, you'll want to use more effective tactics for sure.

Fuck you, Shani all the way. Can't believe, what they did to her in Witcher 3, fuck CD Project

To be honest, fam, if what he is saying is true, yeah, it looks quite repetitive.

why are you talking about Yen?

Fuck me, I wasn't so illiterate in my head, whe I wrote that post. What the fuck?

god damn it

The only reason Yen didn't was because she wasn't around during the entire memory loss episode. She's constantly taking advantage of Geralt and coaxing him into doing shit, memory loss or not.

The problem with 2's combat system is mostly due to any enemies that can block. Their animations don't match with their blocks, so they can block even while they're staggering from recoil or swinging a sword at you.

The roll also has problems since I'm 90% certain it doesn't actually change your hitbox or give any iframes, just makes you move a little faster so whenever you try to roll under attacks you just get hit by them anyway, plus the attack animations being randomized instead of in a fixed order like in W1 means sometimes you think you have plenty of time to interrupt an incoming attack only for Geralt to waste it all doing a pirouette before his swing and eating a sword to the face.

Thanks for confirming you're mentally retarded.

The GOTY version of this game is coming out soon, end of august probably.
I was going to post a couple of links as source but i took one look at this shit thread and realized it's not even worth it, why should i even bother putting in the effort.

So instead i'm just gonna post this thing right here.

Yeah, in other action RPGs you just keep clicking without the yellow icon and for some reason nobody ever complains about that.

The Witcher has way more of that stuff than pretty much any other RPG and just like in any other RPG if the difficulty is too low or you're too overleveld you can just brute force your way trough things.

Yeah, simplifying things is great. Take your favorite game for example, all you do is pushing buttons. Or your favorite sport, all you do is chasing a ball.

I guess he's trying to say the combat is just not engaging. Not once do I actually felt in control of the action, not even from a strategic point of view. It was just click, wait, click, done. I played on hard and not once did I feel threatened.

Triss seems by far the better choice if you don't know the backstory between her and Geralt, and her and Yen.