NEW Vita Thread

"Valkyrie Drive MAYBE" Edition

WHATCHA:

And most importantly, are you still having fun?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/lu9rJ
archive.is/aeBdt
nichegamer.com/2016/07/08/valkyrie-drive-to-weaponize-women-worldwide-later-in-2016/
youtu.be/zvvIf1U78tQ
youtube.com/user/briareoskerensky/videos
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SIE_Japan_Studio
twitter.com/Aksys_Danny/status/750539174189629441?s=09
twitter.com/nichegamer/status/751503534357618692
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

SAO Lost Song. Finally removed the Altitude Limiter, the Grendel fight just before was actually fun. It had some modicum of difficulty, as I actually had to stock up on some items before the fight, for once. I feel like I've hit a difficulty spike suddenly, however. I just beat Nidhogg in Woglinde and got the Green Orb too, that fight wasn't too hard, but I still had to stock up on items and stuff. So I guess things are getting kind of serious now. So far the game has been a total utter cakewalk, which is why I've taken so long to keep playing it, because it got boring. But now things are interesting. Though I do have this weird feeling that I'm supposed to have been grinding a bunch or something, since my KiddyToe is only about lvl 218 and the last few bosses I've fought were all more like lvl 320~360.

GalGun Double Peace, PQube to fess up and announce Valkyrie Drive in English already. MHGenerations. Only one more week now.

SAO Lost Song

PS2 to HDMI converter, 128MB memory card, and an HDMI cable; also going to pre-order GalGun DP. But before any of that, I have to fix the brakes on my car

Romance of the Three Kingdoms XIII via remote play
I should really start up DT2 and Trillion tho.
Valkyrie Drive, Neo Atlas 1469, Tokyo Xanadu and more SNK ports
Platinum'd Muramasa and it's DLC, working on Odin Sphere tomorrow
got Uppers, YS 8, Shiren 5+ pre-ordered
Yeah

Mega Man Legends and Elminage. Dabbled in Persona 2 and might go back to it
On and off playing Ratchet and Clank and I need to start on Soul Sacrifice Delta at some point

For Romancing SaGa's Vita version to come out. I'd also love it if Square could just apply the PS1 translation of SaGa Frontier to the Vita version they already have in moonland and let me be Alkaizer or Best Mystic wherever I go

Also it sounds like we might get an English version of Uppers, so that.

Not really close to completing anything yet

Just ordered in one of the cases that has L2/R2 along with Stranger of Sword City and the Sly Cooper collection

Yeah, when I remember to use the Vita. I wish it had an old/mainline SMT game though.

Digimon Cyber Sleuth and Muramasa Rebirth.
Dangit RonPaul V3, Valkyrie Drive, Uppers, Trails of Cold Steel 2 and Caligula.
Trillion: God of Destruction.
Nothing atm.

You mean the PSN rerelease Japan saw? All they'd have to do to my knowledge would be make an eboot out of the existing English version (or however those work) and put it on the PSN, but I doubt Square cares about doing so for SaGa Frontier 1 and 2 in the west, as they haven't done so already. Nor have they bothered to put BFM up on the western PSNs, even though it's on the Japanese one.

How are the Frontier games anyhow? Are they sort of games that might be easy to get into for someone that's never played SaGa before?

Yes.

Haven't played 2 but 1 was one of my first JRPGs. I'd recommend having either a lot of patience or a walkthrough for beating some of the stories (one character just has an intro and a final dungeon, and you can just stumble across the initiating event for that dungeon pretty much right away). The game is massively unfinished, with an entire character story being cut and most characters having at least a few scenes removed to save time. On the flip side though, SaGa combat is the shit, and the music is great. You'll also be given free reign to roam around outside of any relevant intro sequences. The game also does a good job of making you feel like your character is strong as fuck by the end, and that's without getting into timefuckery or chained duplicate 2gun reaction shots or whatever other cheesy shit the game allows.

Also, because of the aforementioned cheesy shit, speedruns get fucking hilarious (like intentionally KO-ing a character so their rare-ass weapon performs a revenge hit that gibs bosses)

The character roster is pretty neat too. You get:
An ancient robot from a forgotten war
A former model convicted of the murder of her fiance looking to clear her name and avenge him
A monster looking to save his planet by collecting magic rings
A wizard looking to master as much magic as possible and kill his brother
A superhero (vid related) looking to defeat an evil organization and avenge his family
A woman turned into a half-Mystic and forced to become the bride of the Mystic Lord
A guy with a lute and cut story content

There's some crossover between characters too, sometimes in the form of team-ups and sometimes in the form of short interactions. There's also a couple characters with multiple endings (which boil down to differences right at the end and you'll probably get them by accident the first time)

I really wish they could have finished the game. There's a lot of content there but quite a bit of it gets reused (like having everyone do the gift of magic quests) and there's a full character story cut in addition to some areas being used once or literally just taking up space due to scenes being removed.

Currently, I still have to beat the last hard mode option for Dragons Crown. I wish I could play God eater 2. Fucking japs, when is the port coming out?
Pic unrelated

I need some game to pass time with in a summer cottage. Got an old Muramasa Rebirth save on it, but save for that I have no idea what to play on it though.

Last summer I was Using 3DS for Bravely Default and Fire Emblem Awakening, but I have no desire to touch their sequels thanks to all the bullshit surrounding them.

Don't, they are complete shit and WILL corrupt.

It's better than Awakening in just about every aspect but plot.

Are there any actually good vita games/VNs with either implied or overt yaoi?

DT2
Meh it's okay. I get that it is partly a sloot simulator, but sometimes I just want to cut through the shit and get back to the game.

To add 10 to my OHP

Risk of Rain. Pretty good. Not really that complicated, but it was fun going through it and learning what items worked best with my guy. Might replay it some more since it is pretty short and there is a lot of stuff to unlock.
Demon Gaze. Wasn't that bad, but it was pretty short. I am going to take a break from it for a while before I decide to go back and platinum it. The grind for the Muramasas is brutal I hear.

Nothing. Sitting on ~70 in my wallet waiting for a new memory stick to come.

God hates fags, sodomite.

this is why i made the thread last time, to prevent you retards from repeating two of the same questions back to back. playing is beating, and wanting is buying. it doesn't need to be said twice. fucking retards makes me cringe every time.
why even do this? just to have an artificially lengthened OP? for what?

You can want more than what you're currently buying.
Yep.

When will you be posting as you are actually in the process of buying something? You couldn't wait to click that Amazon confirm to shitpost?

btfo

Odin Sphere right now, just getting all the trophies at this point.

DT2 and Demon Gays to arrive and not be in destroyed cases. Hopefully original case and art too or else Ill have to return them yet again.

ZTD, which is good since Im going to cosplay as Sigma at a convention. probably really badly, but I made his shirt and I think that part at least looks good

Natural Doctrine, just waiting for it to arrive. I feel like it isnt that great of a game but it is just so obscure I want to try it out.

Fun
yeah, Odin Sphere has been good, but now Im just worried over con stuff which isnt vita related at all.

Shopping cart vs. Wishlist. I buy now, or have purchased something recently, while still looking at other items. I don't see how this is difficult to understand.

on the contrary it's the only turn-based game on the system that isn't fit for six year olds like your demon gaze is. it's 10/10.

I can't agree, but I like it.

See, I hadnt heard anything at all really about it except maybe months back one user complained about it a bit. And of course it never seemed "mainstream" enough that I would hear anything that way. So I am mildly curious about it.
But Im now more interested since you say this is good, I want to see now what I will think of it.

There has been an available demo for maybe a year now.

Honestly…I forget that some places do demos. Just with how infrequent they are now I kind of assume no one does it anymore. I'll have to check it out a bit later, just to see what I am in for.

Any particular reason they were unable to finish SaGa Frontier 1? I mean, I suppose Square's no stranger to cutting budgets, but was it just a bit too ambitious or something?

Also, as far as the playable characters go, are they an actual party of sorts? Just wondering since the mention of their being some crossover makes it sound more like it being solo aside from some times when your character and another group up.

You actually going to put a fair amount of effort/money into it, or just cospobre it up? Just curious.

whoaaa, cornelius' human form is super handsome.
reminds me of rose of versailles.

SaGa fag here
Honestly it sounds like they just wanted it out the door from what I've read. It was an entry to a franchise that does quite well domestically and sells almost no copies abroad (an issue exacerbated by only having sporadic releases of titles in the series) that also involved heavy use of sprites when Square was trying to push polys in FF. I suspect it was a combination of wanting a quick buck and the scope of the game being larger than they were prepared to deal with

And the characters have separate campaigns. You collect party members as you go along (some of which are harder to get than others) and sometimes other characters can temporarily or permanently join your party. I think the original plan was to have it all tie together but the current product is one of heroes fighting different problems in a highly volatile time.

You can actually build a pretty massive party too. You get 5 characters usable at once but have something like 15 slots so you can rotate between parties. What's more, some characters are only recruitable if you have others, and Red/Alkaiser can't transform in front of humans, so you'll generally have a mech and human party to swap between (because Alkaiser doesnt gain stats, he just multiplies Red's)

I mean…it isnt going to look perfect, but I think good enough. Not like Halloween store cheap anyway. I did make the shirt and I think it looks fine. Some of the "patches" are reversed since it was easier to just do outlines instead of full white with the fabric paint. Or just write the letters instead of filling everything in but them. But, it gets the point across. If you played VLR you know this is Sigma.

Why maybe? Is it getting a sequel?

Coven and Labyrinth of Refrain. Too fucking good.

Gundam Breaker 3 and SRW V

Oh, that's cool. I was thinking that maybe if you did get other party members, they were only the seven mentioned, but I'm guessing there's others to recruit then?

Sounds a bit like WA2's KnightBlazer, though I have to wonder if Alkaiser form is as brokenly overpower. Does that form also get it's own abilities, or is it just a stat boost?

Also, as for that "can't transform in front of humans" thing, does that apply to humans in the party, enemy humans, or both?

Oh they do? I never knew that, thanks for the warning.

I can't help but feel you're overdramatizing it, however, I'll concede the playing/beating point though. I had actually been thinking about that recently myself these past few threads, but figured i shouldn't fix what isn't broke.

checked
Fair enough then, next thread I'll just change it next thread then.

Exactly.

Because it isn't officially confirmed yet, but there was a listing on a UK store site that had it listed as being published by PQube, and coming out this September. That page has since been taken down, but it was archived: archive.is/lu9rJ

There was a Twitter user who had pointed it out, and PQube "liked" their post about it. It's all very suspect. I'm surprised though, PQube doing Valkyrie Drive instead of XSEED, given that Marvelous handled VD in Japan. XSEED must be pretty bogged down already, which wouldn't surprise me. They're working on ToCS2, Akiba's Beat, Fate/Extella, Story Of Seasons ToT, TitS 3, Touhou Scarlet Curiosity, Exile's End, and Shantae; they've probably got one or two more that they're keeping on the down-low as well I'd imagine.

I was always under the assumption that playing meant what you currently are playing and beating was for what you just beat or are planing to finish next

Wait, I'm confused, what isn't officially confirmed? A sequel to Valkyrie Drive?

I mean, if you're playing it, it's implied that you're making progress, and therefore getting closer to beating the game. If you just completed a game or are about to, wouldn't you just put that in the playing section? That requires you to play it.

I guess if you already beat it, then you wouldn't really need to emphasize that beyond saying you just beat it in the playing section.

Refrain, nigger. One of if not the best dungeon crawler I've ever played.

Thats more the way I had thought about it when I first did it, but makes a pretty good point

Oh my bad. No, not a sequel, just the Western/English release for Valkyrie Drive.

On a similar note, English trophies for UPPERS were found recently as well. I can only wonder if PQube is gonna do them both.

Oh. Darn.

Trying to get PS2 games to look better on an HDTV or something? I generally just have mine set to 4:3 mode and the games look decent enough. Some games do have native widescreen support, though I'm not sure if they have above 480p output.

Could be a similar case as Muramasa, which was published by Marvelous in Japan (both versions), but picked up by Ignition and Aksys for the Wii and Vita respectively. Though I suppose that was prior to XSEED becoming Marvelous' western branch.

Yeah, you're better off with 1 or two Sony 8MB memory cards. I think Madcatz made a 16MB memory card that was good as well. Anything beyond that it is pretty likely the shit out.

Well, they look pretty shit on my TV, 4:3 isn't TOO bad, but I'd prefer to play in wide-screen, and 90% of PS2 games look like pixelated ass when stretched to widescreen on an LCD. I'm hoping the converter will make widescreen play look less-shitty. I wish I had a CRT for it though. Getting a CRT wouldn't be to difficult, but having space for one is another matter entirely.

Perhaps, but still, in this instance it wouldn't surprise me to see Marvelous look for other venues while XSEED is busy.

Ah okay. I found a two-pack of Red/Blue 8MB cards for $10, so I'll go for those since my current/only black 8MB card is full, or just about full.

Yeah there's decent number of characters to recruit. Some of them are related to other character's stories (you can recruit Rouge, the wizard's brother, for example) while others are tied to specific areas or quests (getting slime in the belly of a space whale). Not all characters can be recruited across the board either. Lute, the character with only an intro and final dungeon, is the only character I'm aware of who can recruit the party member you get just before heading into said dungeon.

And yeah Alkaiser is pretty strong, but so is nearly every other character in some way (Asellus the half-mystic gets mystic and and human powers, and can equip the 2nd best sword in the game before the first boss fight, Blue the wizard gets an otherwise impossible number of spells etc). He does indeed have his own moveset in addition to having Red's but you have to learn those moves like everything else

And yeah I heard about KnightBlazer and have been picking away at Wild Arms 2 til I get to that bit. More games need superheroes with ridiculous stats, awesome theme songs and transformations

As for the transformation thing, enemies never end up being an issue presumably because you'd just kill them. It's just a party member restriction (and an important one too, since humans have the highest growth potential)

Yeah, I could have gotten a bigass CRT from a friend myself as his family was getting rid of their old one, but I wouldn't have room for it. Plus that one would have been really heavy.

Also, I'd recommend sticking with the official brand 8 MB cards. Not sure I'd trust third party ones.

So, can you get all the characters on a given playthrough, or is it similar to, say, Star Ocean, in that it provides replayability in that some characters are locked out by choices or whatever?

Yeah, it strikes me as a bit of a shame that as far as transforming JRPG protags go, it seems like it's mainly BoF, Shadow Hearts, Wild Arms 2, Saga Frontier, and Tales of Xillia 2, at least that I know of. And in the case of the first two, those aren't sentai style either, if that's more what one's looking for. Seems underutilized either way.

Is there a particular lore reason for why he can't transform in front of other humans? Looking at Wild Arms 2, only one member of the party would take any particular issue with that (Kanon), and even then, by the time they've joined you, they're there to keep an eye out to make sure Ashley doesn't go completely berserk.

SaGa Frontier is unpolished gold. For every plus, there is a minus involved. Combat is passive turn and you manage things like life points instead of infinite revives. Run out of life points, run out of battle. And of course it's game over if your whole party KOs.

Now for the long pluses & Minuses

+ Raashomon style storytelling so there are 7 main character stories to pick from with compelling bits of story
- 4 of those characters take "story lite" to an entirely new level. Like user mentioned, Square scrapped the 8th character route, Fuse.

+ Combat can be fast, fun, and incredibly rewarding.
- Combat can also be a major pain in the ass. You can be victim to RNG at any time regardless of strength level. You learn abilities seemingly at random and there are very, very, VERY few factors that help you learn anything at a swift or dedicated pace (aside of you fighing (use tech/magic in that field and eventually you'll get it all. Emphasis on 'eventually').

+ Open exploration for most of the character scenarios
- A LOT of areas are static. Either by design or by Square cutbacks. Say you go to Magic Kingdom and aren't in Blue's scenario. The world will mean fuck-all to you and won't let you do shit aside from buy that country's Realm Magic.

+ Treasure is everywhere
- Treasure is also low-quality shit. You either have to hope for a lucky drop from some enemies or use Takonomics to buy the best/worthwhile equips in the game.

You are NOT going to grind for money, let's get that out the way. The return on gold from monster drops is shit, the random finds are shit. If you're playing, look up Takonomics and hit up Koroong's gold market at first possible chance.

+ Asellus is best girl/best route
- Asellus can also be the most-unfair route of all due to her story calling for your ass to be assaulted at fixed intervals by bosses likely four times over your level. Without a walkthrough, new players are very likely to hate Asellus's route.

+ Robot abilities are cool
- Monsters take way too much work to make them worthwhile. Summarily, this also means Riki's shit outside his own route.

+ 15 possible characters slots for recruiting, so everyone will have a favorite to work on
- Good luck getting any of those characters that you really like in other routes. You're defaulted to Rouge (Blue's brother) most routes, and a lot of uniques are story-relevant only, meaning they're window dressing outside specific routes.

+ Skills are fun as fuck and so are the combos
- iirc, Japan's version allowed you to select or record possible combos (2 - 5 people attacking in tandem for massive damage). The western version does not, and your chance to activate combos is random, even if you input the same chain of skill attacks every time.

+The music is godly
-There's no downside here

The game's cozy as hell and it's still a lot of fun, but it's also dishonest to not state the working number of problems the project has. And Lute sucks. That's almost universal.

As for the other followups, I'm not sure how SaGa Frontier 2 plays, and I've been told Unlimited SaGa was a righteous stink bomb of a game, to be avoided by anyone sane.

If you recall the timeframe, Square was also under duress. They'd just hit a windfall with FF7, and were trying to keep up the gold. A lot of titles were simultaneously produced at the time. FFT, that samurai fighting game, SaGa, Threads of Fate around the corner as well as FF8. And also a movie, this shittiness within.

And yeah, SaGa had no solid releases in the west prior to that. Final Fantasy Legend on the gameboy, iirc, was a Romancing SaGa game slapped with brand for recognition power, same as Secret of Mana/Seiken Densetsu with Final Fantasy Adventure.

I'm almost positive people said those look worse than component. If you're just talking about the little cheap plug thing.

For what purpose? I mean, the idea of beating impossible odds is certainly cool, but that seems a bit excessive for story bosses, unless there's ways to nullify the advantages the enemy bosses have.

Why would that have been taken out for the western release? Or was this an odd case of the game being releases in the west prior, or having an eventual rerelease in Japan with that feature?

How's the translation quality?

Any announcement on Shallie? They're not going to skip it if Sophie doesn't sell right?

I doubt they'd skip bringing it west, considering they haven't skipped out on any of the plus versions since TK took the reins. Maybe they've been waiting to hear how Shallie Plus did in Japan first though?

Without going into spoilers, in her route you're actually railroaded into her story thanks to how they set all her plot flags up. There are certain areas in every dungeon map and almost every city, iirc, where story flags are planted. Enter that section, no matter what, the story triggers. This also means bossfights.

Spoilering the details As user said, Asellus was unwittingly turned into a Mystic (SaGa's vampire equivalent) by the Mystic Lord. Circumstances create a window for her to flee his castle and kingdom and she does. So Mystic Lord Orlogue sends several pursuers after Asaellus.

What makes that aggravating is basically if you do not sit and grind HP/TP/Skills in certain areas and master what abilities you have with you quickly, you can be railroaded into unwinnable pursuer bossfights. And those triggers are in fucking TERRIBLE locations: dungeon map sections you HAVE to cross through and even some cities like the Koroong back alleys or the shopping square in Devin where her aunt's house is.

Now don't get me wrong: Asellus's scenario is fucking awesome regardless and the combat's a lot of fun. But regardless, someone walking blind into that will quickly and justifiably get infuriated.

I lucked out as my uncle got me the game when it first came out, strategy guide included (one of Bradey's few works that weren't riddled with incorrect info). So I had something of an idea of what I was walking into.

Well just fuck my shit up. The collector's edition for Hollow Realization has already been all bought-up on Amazon. You can still get it from BAMCO's store page, but no Amazon Prime discount of course.

I'm still pretty miffed they're making the Vita version digital-only. There's no excuse for that shit. SAO Lost Song sold over 100k units as of January this year. That's both for PS4/Vita physicals, and an additional 30k were digital downloads as well. Europe moved only about 50k copies of Lost Song physicals, all this according to this: archive.is/aeBdt There's no reason for them NOT to give North America a physical Vita Hollow Realization release. What baffles me even more is that there's evidence they're giving Europe a physical release for HR on Vita! Well, I'd use the term "evidence" loosely, but seeing that PlayAsia has the EU version priced and available for pre-order on their site, but not the US version, seems clear enough to me.

I only have about 1GB free on my memory card now. Fucking Jewny, bringing me down every time. It's still impossible to find a 64GB card under $95 too. I've seen 32GB cards for about $60, which is down from the $70 I once saw them going for in the past.

It plugs into the back of the PS2 where the component plug goes, and then you plug the HDMI cable into that, and the other end into the TV.

Though I've actually only just learned the cable I have are composite, not component. I never knew there was a difference. I watched a video comparison that used Ratchet and Clank. He went from Composite, to S-Video, to RGB SCART, to Component, to HDMI PS2 Converter. The latter two look VERY similar though. I'm rather surprised. So that's a good $30 I'm gonna save now, getting component cables instead of the HDMI converter and another HDMI Cable.

I'm glad you mentioned it. Thanks user

Got Atelier Sophie and Muramasa going on right now.
I played Muramasa for Wii, but remember not really understanding anything going on in the game. Rebirth's translation is so much btter I actually was knew what the fuck was going on.

More waifu

Working on plating Muramasa.

Got Dungeon Travellers 2 with the sale. Looking forward to starting that.

I'm still pretty new to the vita scene, and yes, I am having fun!

Huh, not much of one to use guides or walkthroughs for vidya (main plot stuff, anyhow, unless it's a puzzle I honestly can't figure out for the life of me, which in some cases have the excuse of poor translation), but you got me curious as to whether there's some scans of that one uploaded somewhere, on the offchance it comes in handy whenever i do get around to it.

I don't get it either, considering I'm pretty sure I've seen one SAO game with a physical Vita release last time I was at Fucking Gamestop to pick up Odin Sphere. Maybe SCEA's pushing them to cut physical releases for the Vita (while maybe SCEE doesn't push as hard for that), or the physical version didn't do nearly as well as as the digital version that they're cutting it out again?

I hate the abuse of the ability for digital distribution with big companies opting to just do digital releases, especially of games with really large filesizes. And that's to say nothing about if the game winds up being taken off the market for whatever reason, or the service providing it goes under.

There's too many characters to recruit in one playthrough and some of them are locked to certain stories. It's less "choose A and B is locked out" and more "this person doesnt see any reason to join you no matter what" outside of not being able to get Rouge as Blue for plot reasons.

As far as lore shit goes, its just one of the "Rules". If Red let someone see his identity he'd lose his powers and his memory

"Sparking" skills is actually based on mastery, talents and ability used. Basic slash/punch with an untalented character with no skills = low chance of learning anything not slash-related. Equip enough sword techs for the mastery crown and your odds go up. Use a related skill (swallow swing into gale slash) and your odds go up. Pick a talented character (Gen and Lisa for swords, Annie for martial arts) and your odds go up again

Legend was OG SaGa. Romancing SaGa has never been released as a full trilogy in the West unfortunately

Asellus' bosses only trigger in certain areas and you get a huge boost if you buy Asura in the first town. It's thematically appropriate for them to be retarded strong but I will admit that its pretty awful to get ambushed by it though

And I accidentally swapped Annie and Lisa. Time for seppuku

Guessing it's really expensive if it's that strong? Or can you carry over money from a prior playthrough or something to help with that?

I just got a 32GB card for $50 dollars the other day ago on Amazon. Really need a

No problem, I actually looked at those same things, but people say that it's possible that they can add lag and don't improve the picture. You'll notice a huge difference going from composite to component. Hope it all works out nice for you. (PS3 ones work with PS2 if that saves you any money. Most have it posted for both though anyway.)
I actually just ordered an SVideo cable for my PS2 today. Hopefully, it'll be a good improvement. I went from composite to svideo before, but it's been so long, since I messed with these older inputs and had a CRT that I don't even remember what to expect.

Greeeeeeat, anyone else get the trophies for Odin Sphere? I'm going for eating all the restaurant food and it just didnt work. I double checked and i have all the dishes and I just went through and ate all of them, but nothing happened. Unless I somehow missed one, but Im fairly certain I didnt.

Component are Red, Blue, and Green, right? Wonder if they'd work on my splitter box (I've gone my non PS3 consoles plugged into it) or if I'd have to plug them directly into the TV. Though of course, the wires going from the splitter box to the TV itself are composite anyhow, so I suppose there wouldn't be a difference even if I could connect component to the box.

It costs 3 of your 7 LP. You lose LP from getting KO'd or hit while KO'd and you have to replenish them through resting. If you run out of LP on your MC you get a Game Over

Yeah. Lost Song got a physical release here for both PS4 and Vita. Hollow Fragment for Vita was digital-only though.

Them or Sony one is. Hell, maybe both.

Perhaps? I'd like to think that most people who own/play their Vita's would lean towards physical copies whenever they can, since you can get them on the cheap used and with how expensive memory cards are. It'd be the most logical thing, money-wise, rather. Then again, there's plenty of mostly-digital Vita owners from what I've seen. There's no way to really know for sure, since Dengeki/BAMCO never detailed the actual units sold for which systems.

This is the biggest one to me. Whenever Sony finally shuts down the PSN store and such for Vita in the US, the Vita's library is gonna shrink a good bit as a result of all those digital-only titles. Kind of like what happened with those few PSMobile games, except obviously there weren't too many of those at the time (that I know of).

It's all just a crock of shit. Sony has overpriced as fuck memory cards, the profits they make of those things would probably Israeli merchants jealous. Then they're obviously pushing hard core for more digital releases and few physicals, so they can sell more memory cards. It's absolute kikery in the highest order. I wish someone could figure out what makes Sony's mem cards propriety. Crack them, if you will, and then produce their own 3rd party versions and sell them for more like standard SD card prices like Sony SHOULD have done in the first place.

Woah really? Today they were back up to $60 though. Damn, sounds like I missed out. Maybe on Prime Day they'll be a few bucks cheaper and I can snag one with these component cables, PS2 mem cards, and GalGun.

A what?

This was the video I was referring to, if you want to see for yourself. He mentions that S-Video (or was is the RGB SCART?) is really great for retro consoles starting with Dreamcast and further back.

He's also got videos for restoring/cleaning consoles too.

Totally forgot to answer your other question too. Cash and items dont carry over buy starting talents and skills improve as you best more characters' stories from what I read

And to clarify, thats 3 points from the cap. You play with 4LP if you want Asura

Yeah, those are the ones. You can buy component switch box things too, but I've never used one myself. If you do pick one up I'd just make sure to read about it first. A lot of times the things like can have side effects if you buy shitty ones.

Nice, I actually have some consoles I need to cleanup. I'll have to check these out when I have a chance.

sayonara umihara kiwase, atelier rorona+
any game with qt girls
nothin atm :(
ordered galgun the other day really excited for it. I think Canada post might go on strike and if it fucks with me gettin weeb games they're all gonna pay

I've got an old Pelican brand box; the sockets in the back all seem to just be red white and yellow, so I assume it's meant for composite. It's been pretty good though. Much better than the old Gamestop brand one I'd been using some years back.

Welcome and enjoy your stay.

Yoooo, did you get a physical copy? I was probably going to import that later this year.

nah just got it on psn

Well, my own copy of DT2 arrived. Ordered new, and what Gamestop sent was a copy with no seal on it. Probably going to need to find a new case, as between bubble wrap and general heat the clear over the cover art has been warped, but thankfully aside from that everything's fine. Even came with the calendar as well.

Asura is an endgame sword, so yeah. Trade 3 Life Points for it.

I remember the associated Sparking System. But I also remember there would be long leaps of time before you get skills, even with a Crown setup. And even then, some skills were locked behind specific branches, like Corkscrew being locked behind the Suplex family, iirc, and final techs locked behind VERY specific skills. With Katanas, it was possible to get the final tech as your very first tech, or you could end up never getting it no matter how you try. The game really can be a completionist's nightmare come to life.

I was a kid so I had no complaints back then. Uncle wanted me to use it, so I did. Usually dig through games on my own, though. I'll wait till beating it to even go through FAQ related stuff.

check psnprofiles? They may have an answer.

Net High also had english trophies and it's been like, 8 months since it's release with no announcements so far. I'm not even getting my hopes up for Valkyrie until there's an official announcement. Be wary so you won't be filled with disappointment.

Kancolle Kai (Still figuring out all the mechanics)

Digimon World: Next Order (Just ordered on play asia since it was on sale)

No idea how much more of Kancolle I have, but I presume I'm nowhere near close to beating it.

Digimon World: Next Order

This fucking game.

What's the other word come out to in English?

Depends which is the "other word" - "oppai" means tits, "nakama" is buddies/pals/comrades and is often considered the go-to term for party members ("__ ga nakama ni natta!" vs. "__ joined the party!" kind of thing) while "tachi" can be added to a person to indicate a group consisting of or including them. For instance, "we" is "I" (so watashi, boku, ore, etc. etc.) plus tachi.

I was under the impression oppai was a given as being a well known word (this is a Vita thread on an imageboard and all). And I suppose I should have picked up on "nakama" being in the other word.

So, maybe I'm misunderstanding, but they made "X joined the [party]" into "X joined the [tits]" or something? I know there's various different ways to read things in Japanese, but how does that actually work?

FUCKING GAMESTOP.

EDF2 and Dynasty Warriors NEXT. Turns out Dynasty Warriors is pretty long. I thought they were shorter games. Will play Hot Shots Golf later.

Superbeat XONIC and Lost Dimension. Hurry up and arrive.

I'd like Shiren the Wanderer, but I don't have money for that right now. Maybe in a few months. Spent too much recently.

A fair assumption, but in my defense it was 6 AM when I posted that.

The line used in this trailer specifically was something like "nakamatachi ga kimi wo matteiru" or "Friends/comrades/party members await you (to buy the game)" but simultaneously saying "Breasts await you"

I'm not a fan of Gamestop's policies on the whole, but yeah, occasionally they can be pretty decent like that. Really depends on who's working at a particular one. Some might go out of their way to be helpful or knowledgable enough to have a half decent conversation with about a particular game while there, others will openly insult your choice in game/system. I've had a range of both.

Clever. Always fun when a game embraces a quirk or its nicheness to the fullest.

If you like to get trophies, Musou platinums range from grindy to holy fuck that's long.

Finally beat chapter 2 of Despair Girls, I don't think I'm going to finish the game before the animes star airing this week because this shit's boring as fuck.

Not like you'll need to finish it to understand what's going on anyway, what with it being a spin off and all.

Is it just a basic shooter?

3rd person adventure/shooter type thing. Tries to be a number of things and ends up falling short on all of them.
The kids are particularly irritating

Yeah I just don't want to miss any references they might make.

It's a shooter that is seemingly aware its combat mechanics suck so it tries to mix in puzzles, unaware that the mechanics are also shit for puzzles. For example: puzzle rooms where you have to wipe out all enemies with one attack, kind of a pain in the ass to line that attack up with an over the shoulder camera situated as far out to the side of the character as it is. The story also just isn't interesting, nor are any of the new characters and the old ones are entirely underutilized.

Estival VS, Street Fighter X Tekken, Muramasa, DOAX 3, Neptunia 3
Shinovi ,Digimon Cyber , Metal Gear HD, Persona golden, Kamen RIder, Gundam
HotLine Miami 2, Jet Set Radio, Super Star Wars, Senran Kabura Bon Appitiet
Nothing yet

This game is bugged to fuck
I try to put bros before hoes but every time I press the "Team up" button when talking to Klein the game shits the bed and crashes to an error report.
What the fuck.

I watched some PS4 gameplay of Hollow Realization, and while the animations were nothing special I don't see how they're going to put the game on the Vita without it shitting itself and running at 5 frames per second

Really? I had no issue with that. I even got to take him to bed with me. No CG though

It does? I never knew since I never did anything with Klein anyway.

Maybe it's telling you to pick a waifu and not a brofu

Eh, the PSVita version of Lost Song does just fine, steady 30FPS with frame drops when things get crazy maybe.

I'm getting the PS4 version anyway.

gay

The sluts can fuck off except Lisbeth, obviously. I'll keep trying until it gets through.
>I never did anything with Klein anyway.
Monster

that's pretty gay

It's just brotherly bonding, son.
It's like you ain't ever read The Lord of the Rings

We're very confident with our sexuality.
Besides, Klein is much cooler than Kirito, yet he doesn't get any ladies. We gotta be a good bro and hang out with him.

I swear, SAO would work so much better if Klein were the main character and Kirito was the rival that he had to surpass.

Well his guild was the only guild in SAO to not have a casualty the whole game. So he must've been a pretty good leader. Not to mention he was introduced as a noob and had to learn the game from the ground up whereas Kirito pretty much came in with pro skills.
So yeah, Klein would've been a much better protagonist than Kirito.

I hate the japanese so much

Don't blame all nips, blame every faggot that keeps fake "harem"shit with dickless faggot MCs alive and especially the faggot author.

Adventures of Mana has me stuck. I had a lot of fun with it for the first 3 hours, but now it's starting to piss me off. If only I knew where the fuck I was supposed to go. I think this is the same thing that happened to me with Final Fantasy Adventure as a kid. At least my purchase might help make the SaGa games and this a reality.

I really hope LRG and KT are working together to put out all those Ateliers and stuff. I'm pretty new to the series, but I've been enjoying Escha & Logy enough that the thought of never being able to own another one seems very unappealing.

You mean other than Rorona, Totori, Meruru, Ayesha and Sophie?

i've given it a lot of thought and ironically the two games i'd like to have on the vita the most are dynasty warriors 4 and tokyo jungle.
seriously i'd pay $100 each to have these on my vita. it'd be worth the money since i'd play them for 2000 hours.
fuck. fuck!

I don't really consider having a stupid digital license owning it.

There was some Tokyo Jungle spinoff on PSM, but it's a little late for that. (It kinda goes along with my other comment in that I lost all my PSM games minus Fragment Note, which luckily is my favorite, but digital fucking sucks like that.)

I think I might be weird in that I honestly prefer the PSP dynasty warriors with the strategic map to the mainline games.

i only like 4 for nostalgic reasons. every other dynasty warriors i've tried has been shit in my opinion.
i did like ken's rage 1 and 2. but that's again only because i watched the fuck out of hokuto no ken as a young adult.

Have the games changed that much that most people prefer the older entries? I thought there was a bunch of warriors games on Vita.

i've seen a lot of hardcore DW fans that have played each and every one for 1000 hours say that their favorite is DW4, but i do not know what their reasoning is for picking that title and honestly don't care. i'm not a fan of the franchise, i'm only a fan of 4 for nostalgic reasons like i said.

What part are you at? Assuming it handles similarly to Sword of Mana in plot, I might remember.

actually i want to ask, is the frame rate drops and fucked draw distance fixed in DW8 complete edition?
i bought the original 8 when it first came out out of bored desperation for something to play. i returned it in 24 hours when it ran like a free cereal box game.

They're very different now; in the old games you could get killed by the enemy grunts in the beginning pretty easily (especially by those fucking archers), now it's practically impossible unless you stand still for 10 minutes.

I still enjoy the new games, but playing through DW psp on the hardest difficulty with a level 1 character was an incredible challenge, DW 6 and up can't be made challenging no matter what you do. I play the new games for the Empires LARPing and for fanservice. Do not pursue Lu Bu used to actually mean something, that fucker would chase you down and 1 shot you, in DW8 you can beat him in the first mission by spamming affinity switch at level 1.

nevermind, forget i asked about 8.
another franchise lost to the casual menace.

It's pretty much a 1:1 remake of the original, so maybe? I need to chase this ship who "headed west", but there's a river blocking my path and I can't seem to find any other way around or place where I may acquire a raft or something.

Oh, okay, I think I tried a demo once, but I never actually owned one. I'd like to try one, but I'm just not sure if I'll enjoy it, since in games like Senran Kagura I only have fun with the 1 on 1 fights. I just prefer fewer smart/difficult enemies than a bunch of fodder ones, I guess. The sheer amounts of enemies on the Fate/Extella screenshots is worrying me.

"Ship" as in boat, or "ship" as in "airship?" Trying to see if I remember.

Airship I think. I'm not sure I actually saw it, but it was when I found out "mysterious traveler" was working for the enemy and kidnapped my girlfriend

Hmm… Have you found some dwarves yet?

nichegamer.com/2016/07/08/valkyrie-drive-to-weaponize-women-worldwide-later-in-2016/

No, but this kid was just talking about them, so I wouldn't be surprised if they were involved in some way.

PQube has been making a name for themselves incredibly fast. It seems like their whole focus has shifted to niche things that other publishers won't touch. Hopefully, they grab Net High, since they're doing Marvelous games and Xseed is bitches about Vita exclusives. (I won't be surprised when they fuck me on Cold Steel 3 and make it digital only either.)

Guys, can you recommend a YT channel that has quality reviews for vita games?

TYIA

"quality" and "review" are words that can't be used in the same sentence together

I couldn't find one. There's quite a few normalfag reviewers that are okay for footage, but they seem to suck at the games and have shitty taste.
Here's a taste with the best 15 games for Vita!

PS2 has the best library of light gun games. You should buy a CRT once you have space for it.

Looking at Sword of Mana, you've got a ways to go before you can reach the ship. Think you first have to locate the dwarves.

Why is there no peasantry version of TotalBiscuit.

Thanks for trying user. I got triggered yesterday trying to find a decent anime podcast, I don't have the stamina to watch normalfag feces.

Don't know, don't care. He sucks.

I understand brotherly bonding. I dunno about hand-holding and carrying bridal-style to my bedroom. But hanging out for a chat and doing bro stuff like killing monsters is ultra-bro-tier.

And Klein IS cooler than Kirito. It's a shame he doesn't get any more developed than being the comic relief. But then again, a lot of characters that aren't Kirito & Asuna get shafted like that.

Agreed whole-heartedly. Kirito seems kind of overpowered due to his experience.

This has really made my day. Thank you, based PQube

Tell me. How the fuck do I get a Vita for cheap?

Keep an eye out for bulk sales on eBay. They're usually $100 or so.

Praise be upon PQube

Buy a TV vita for 20 bucks

They're already cheap, but buying secondhand is probably your best bet. They were selling on Ebay for 120 bucks.

That list is fine.

You do realize that almost all vita games are Japanese and lots of Japanese games have anime graphics, right?

To be fair, that's not really limited to the Vita.

Yeah, but at least Western companies actively develop games for other consoles. The Vita was considered a flop in the West, so there's almost zero western games made for it.

Who else in the West even develops games anymore besides WayForward?

Alright, maybe I should've said "release" instead of "develop". Because Western companies release a shit ton of games, but they're all just reskins of their older ones.

Yes, but they're not Senran-tier.

Good point.

More like the list is "safe". It's everything you could want on a console game in handheld format. It's telling the casual audience this is safe to buy.

And, being fair, none of us here are that casual.

Also
Is he high or am I high?

He mixed up duology and trilogy.
I guess? He picked his favorites. I see no problem here.

It's representative of what you find on youtube. If the user looking for videos meant for things like Uncharted then I guess youtube will work great for him, but strangely enough no one talks about 90% of those games here.

The hitlist selected essentially has me looking if he's disclosed whether or not this is paid advertising. That's my suspicion. It's too safe. There's no outside venturing. Aside of Dammint Ronpaul & Persona 4, every title he picked may as well have been Sony-sponsored.

It'd have also helped if he wouldn't downplay genuine issues with some of the games he picked. Borderlands 2, for example, he glosses over one of the bigger aspects of the game (the fact that it's not meant to actually be played alone). That's a red flag in and of itself.

He mentions safe indies, he mentions what may as well be first-party titles or launch titles, and he doesn't even cover what major third parties have released for the system. Nothing about Capcom, Konami, Squeenix—nada. And that's not even getting into weeb games.

That's suspect as fuck. If that's his real tastes, then hey okay that's fine. But I severely doubt it.

DO YOU KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS

HAVE YOU EVEN SEEN THE FIRST FUCKING TRANSFORMATION SCENE IN THE ANIME

Playing:

Freedom Wars, Wolf Among Us (why the fuck is there stutters, lag, etc?)

Buying

I just bought Muramasa Rebirth, Soul Sacrifice Delta, Dangan Ronpa 2 and Gravity Rush

Wanting

Uppers to get translated. Desperately.

OP picture is Valkyrie Drive, by the same guys who made Senran Kagura

Not really that strange, most people here actually like video games presumably, so no reason to talk about garbage.

Bonerworthy.

Hold onto hope & money. PQube and XSEED are showing the way.

Quite. Apperantly the english trophy information has been released so it's a good sign.

Yeah; More fucking shit to knock down NISA's bullshit

Less so locked, moreso that sparking rolls will go a little more in your favour. The move you use sets the target range higher or lower, with Punch/Slash giving the lowest chance and the "closest" skill giving the highest. There may be some trees where basics aren't valid skills for learning but generally some other basic bitch skill will be.

And yeah, its definitely possible to never get certain moves, but I have yet to have a playthrough where I couldn't get DSC and LifeSprinkler on all relevant characters at the very least. Especially after doing the gift of magic quests

Remove the tinfoil hat.

Plenty of channels review regular releases, though. I can find a review on most Vita games that have come out this year. Indies, maybe not so much.

Go figure.

Yeah, if there were people that still didn't believe NISA were lazy dishonest cunts, now there won't once this game is out.

No, do tell.

I think PQube is quickly becoming one of my facorite companies.

I disagree with the lazy part, if they were lazy they'd leave the games they "localise" as is instead of hacking away at them with a meat cleaver.
The dishonest cunts bit I agree with though.

What's the word on Caligula then? I've been too preoccupied with Refrain to open it yet.

I hope you speak Japanese, because that game isn't out in the west yet. Here's a gameplay video, though. Smartass.
youtu.be/zvvIf1U78tQ

What does the West have to do with video games?

I meant lazy as in "too lazy to stand their ground against URSB/PEGI"
Though that's just my personal headcanon, as noone knows what's the actual reason for them being retardedly censor-happy

Here are some gifs from the show.

The giantess episode is the only material I've seen of the show, does anyone know if it's in the game as well? That's an instant-buy from me if so

your taste is shit

Oof when is Gal*Gun coming out? And what sort of game is Valkyrie Drive, gameplay wise?

Do you plan on watching a Japanese review? The people who import games are in the minority, and those who import AND review games on a youtube channel are an even smaller minority. You are not going to have much luck finding a western review of a Japanese game.

Oh dear. Well, I guess I know why this has people so excited.

See image.

anyone got the latest vita games graphic list?

I'm tired and forgot that my sarcasm doesn't work well on the internets.

I'm guessing it'll be PQube if anything. Xseed hasn't shown a Vita exclusive love for a long time and it's people referencing Tom and people from Xseed saying that the Vita has some magical 2017 cutoff point. Not sure if they still believe that, since things actually seem to be picking up rather than slowing down though. (Shit, even Square Enix came back.)

Well, if your such an expert then give him links to some channels. I've found youtube nothing but lacking for Vita. Even if you find a review for what you want it doesn't mean it's gonna be good as most are from normalfags who don't understand or suck at games. (Kind of like how that guy is crashing into walls for no reason in that video you were defending. It's just painful to watch.)

I'm not telling you to change. I prefer to laugh at you for playing downports of shit games, buying games digitally on a system with overpriced memory cards, and posting reddit memes.

What would be the problem with that?

You're the one who said you had reviews of every game to come out this year.

To be fair, we've been so flooded with Reddit-tier faggots who pretend shovelware like that is worth discussing lately it can be hard to tell.

There is a lot more than the giantess episode, but it really encapuslates the entire series, giant breasts fighting.

The screens I have seen from the game trailer show groping but only of the over the clothes variety or with mystery fog or those fucking beams of light. I can't tell if that is in game fog/light or just for the promotional material though.

3d baction up with VN style breaks between the battles where you can talk and shit. There is also a costume section to try on different clothes and accessories and allow you to use the touch screen to molest your partner.

It's not tinfoil to understand that YT is a salesmen's playground. But you do you, and I'll do me.

I already linked a video to the gentleman who responded to that post. Typically, you're going to have to search on a game-by-game basis. As I've arleady said, those who are actually importing AND reviewing are a small minority. It is unlikely that one channel will have even most of what you're looking for.

I don't follow channels, so I don't have a list on hand. Pretty sure I can find a video, though. There's always written reviews in the event that you can't find a video.
Not understanding the game is one thing, but you don't necessarily have to be "good" at the game to review it. There's only so many Natural Doctrines on the Vita.

I would be willing to bet that the majority of people here and on 4chan do not understand Japanese. If that is true, then a Japanese review will not be helpful. The initial question, I assume, was looking for reviews in English. If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong.

Not quite.

I jinxed myself yesterday by saying "I've dropped my Vita on tile three times, and nothing bad ever happened! I have good luck!"
Today it fell out of my pocket onto pavement.

Fuck it. I want an OLED anyway, and my GPD XD is being delivered today.

What, are you wearing women's pants?

And it wasn't in a case why?

On the site as a whole, possibly. On Holla Forums, a board centered on a predominantly Japanese hobby? Most everyone is at least in the process of learning the language.

Fair enough. Of the following Vita games that came out this year then:

Yuusha Shisu
Ikenie to Yuki no Setsuna
Gundam Breaker 3
Dragon Quest Heroes 2
Caligula
Coven and Labyrinth of Refrain
Summon Night 6
Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir

nope

no i'm wearing gym shorts from walmart because fat men don't deserve to dress nice.
after i lose 120 pounds i'll start basically cosplaying as walter white all day every day. not joking. his costume designer picks out top shelf plaid shirts.

あなたわ日本語が習わない
I'm 99% certain I got that wrong.

Even if that were true, being in the process of learning the language and actually being fluent in the language are not equivalent. I'm done arguing.

Leifthrasir videos are pretty commonly found. I think Gundam Breaker 3 has gotten some coverage as well.

Regarding VD

k

The particle is pronounced "wa" but uses the は kana. If you were trying to say "can't" you need to make it 習えない instead, as is it's "won't" Not bad though, you're making progress.

You don't need to be even close to fluent to understand most video games. Fuck, I'm nowhere close to fluent and I can play Gyakuten Saiban just fine.

That's a given, considering you don't have anything to say.

Ah, this is obviously some strange usage of the word 'most' that I wasn't previously aware of.

I can't wait for the NISA salt

Tend to have shitty pockets, plus a lack of belting options. I used to carry my PSP in a man purse, until the women in my life shamed me out of the practice. Good luck with your weight loss, stay away from /fit/.

Nisa live in their own little world where they're right and everyone else is wrong.
Their hardcore fanboys don't make matters much better either.

They might get salty over not being able to "fix that problematic game"

Perhaps not, but a detailed review will require some fluency. At the very least, a dictionary. And to a non-Japanese speaker, that provides no utility.

I could find more if I bothered to search with Japanese characters, but I'm not going to do that, since I already made the point that I'm not going to provide Japanese reviews for a non-Japanese speaking user. It's pointless.

Nonsense. It's just that shit won't look good, dependent on your figure and choice of clothing. Best of luck with your weight loss.

i'm wary of your avoid /fit/ advice.
any association of any kind with Holla Forums is always shamed anywhere outside of Holla Forums on this site despite Holla Forums always being right.
i don't know anything about /fit/ but why should i believe the same doesn't apply to them?

nihilism is poison

Man I really wish I saved the accounts of some NISA employees twitter, last time everyone got on their ass about CG2 there was salt. Just not well known salt because they barely had any twitter followers on their personal accounts.

Plus they'll start being salty when people start using PQube as an example of a good localization team whenever they censor shit.

Is the CEO a woman or something?

Why would it require any more Japanese than the game requires? These are just video captures of people playing the game to show how it runs and an idea of the gameplay and such, no?

Then what was the point of even claiming you could provide reviews for most of the games to come out?

That's more of a hands-on look than a detailed review.
I thought it was understood that I (and he) was referring to games that came west, but apparently not.

shouldn't*

/fit/ advice is usually people fucking with you because you haven't read the sticky. No joke I am down to 219.4 from 250 in a little over the month because I swallowed my pride and stopped making excuses for myself. I got a long way to go before I can make it, but I am getting there.

Fair enough, not familiar with this kind of thing.

What would the West have to do with video games?

i started at 250 too, what a coincidence.
i haven't done much in the exercise department and my diet isn't the greatest, but i did cut sugar out completely and lost eight pounds in a month just from that alone.
i don't miss it at all

I went keto and started couch to 5K. The big drop was from cutting all the empty carbs out of my diet. My next step is going to be to start putting on some muscle since it burns more calories at rest. Going to switch back to a regular diet for that, but Scooby's meal planner is pretty high speed.

The part that made this all doable is that Holla Forums becomes so fucking shitty during the summer I can only stand it for a couple hours a day. Add in that even the best game gets boring if you play it for more than a few hours at a time. Left me with a lot of time to fill up. An hour a day walking, jogging, or running makes me feel a whole lot better and when I come back games seem more fun. Probably because I got rid of all that excess energy and can sit down and enjoy them.

So I got La-Mulana Ex and have been playing it. Last time I played was in 06 or 07 I can't remember which. Was it always this easy? All my memories of it are being retardedly hard.

Goddamn, I just want to high five them as hard as possible with manly tears.

Look at that beautiful "Fuck you" to professionalism.

i'm probably a large part of what's making these threads shitty for you lately. i blog, post shit that could pass for youtube comments and fling shit.
but i am not here on summer break, my timing is a coincidence. my retarded behavior stems from alcoholism and social detachment, not young age and time off from school.

regarding your spoilers
i had quit videos games
i quit them cold turkey and didn't play any for a whole year. i became a film buff instead. i read a few books. wrote a few stories myself.
and let me tell you, if you think it's hard wasting time every day with video games, it's five times worse without them. none of that shit can kill time nearly as quickly as video games can. and they get old much faster, too. no one wants to watch two movies in one day, i assure you.
so i relapsed, and here i am again, spending my time in the most degenerate way possible because it's the only way to not shoot yourself with boredom.
i don't know how people pre-1980 got by. seriously.

Nice. I'd like to try something like that for a year, just to see how it is. I've already pretty much quit fighting games.
I feel you on that.
They went outside or worked.

This guy?

youtube.com/user/briareoskerensky/videos

This channel looks great.

I like how distinctive your posting style is, user.

it makes it easy to filter you

yeah i take back what i said about the pre 80's. it was a retarded thing to say
why did you quit fighting games?

Lack of interest, dying scenes (RIP Soul Calibur), too much traveling required, and overall non-competitive attitude. I reached a point where it felt like work, so I stopped. You really never want to reach a point where you're juggling 5 games anyway.

only thing that'd make this image better is if You could see her push pushing on her pantsu

fuck

bush**

I always suspected these Vita threads were full of fat depressives. Nice to have confirmation.

Every thread on Holla Forums is full of fat depressives because fat depressives are the major consumers of videogames.

Fellow /vitagen/, is there a way to bitch at Sony to make 1st party Vita games? I know there's a lot of 3rd party support for Vita but theres still 1st party Vita game that I want to play. Gravity Rush didn't even get a vita release which is fucking bullshit, Freedom Wars ended with a fucking cliffhanger, and I need a new content for Souls Sacrifice. Why are they ignoring these 3 IPs even though they are commercially successfully games? It doesn't make any sense. And as far as I'm concern, all 3 were made/published by Japan Studio. How many dev do they need to focus on the PS4? Let Japan Studio make games for vita for fuck sake. We need a non SJW weeaboo in charge of sony game department. Fucking retards like Andrew House and Adam (muh indie dev) Boyes is ignoring a perfectly good handlheld.

Yes, I'm MAD AS FUCK right now.

No. Your only chance was probably in 2012. They give no fucks now.

No. Sony has officially made Vita into an extension of the PS4. Which is why everything is multiplat now. They want the PS4 to be the PS2 of this generation and that is why everything is poured onto it.

The age of exclusives is over. Sad but true.

It's just a sales number thing. The "Vita is great for weeaboo bullshit" thing is sort of an open secret. There's more people who want weeaboo games but don't know to look to the Vita than there are weeaboos who own Vitas.

Sad but true. In the west they sorta pushed the Vita as a regular handheld. If they'd just said "we're intending to use this to bring over loads of niche and not so niche japanese games" and marketed it as such they might be in a better position, but, it's kind of too late for that so we're stuck in a weird situation where they've got to keep bringing stuff over to justify having released the vita in the first place, but, not as much as they could because every time it's a thin line to walk between profit and loss.

why would you even want 1st party games? sony is fucking garbage at making games. they're doing it right by making good hardware then fucking off into the night quietly.
i don't think there's a video game in the world that made me cringe as hard as sony all stars battle royale or whatever it was called. i watched the trailers and some gameplay just to torture myself.

no, wait. i take it back. kingdom hearts made me cringe just as hard.

my brother and i used to have this stupid inside joke where we'd satirize the style of comedy in uncharted. i'm talking we'd sit around for hours mocking nathan drake and his fucking horrible beta faggot attempts at humor.
naughty dog in general reminds me a lot of disney channel/nickelodeon sitcoms actually.

Fuck off m8

recent releases include
you go ahead and pretend they're still good

They are really retarded for not making a 60 second montage commercial and running it on Crunchyroll, Adult Swim's anime thing, and stuff like that.

I wish Japan Studio could get it's freedom. Think how much they could achieve as an independant studio.

I respect your opinion but you're fucking wrong and a retard.

i like games where i fight the same four enemies over and over and over, and i like games where the enemies stand there and do nothing while i beat on them too
other recent releases include

Hey I like Freedom Wars and SSD too, but are you implying Knack isn't good?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SIE_Japan_Studio

fite me faggot

People overreact when you mention Sony.

Freedom Wars is repetitive as fuck, but Soul Sacrifice Delta is a solid title.

Nothing about this statement shows a semblance of respect.

your childhood hero is in a coma and you don't realize his greatness is in the past and not the present

If you read the wiki page, it said "develop 'WITH", not develop by.
Also, they owned the IPs. So instead of "hurr durr sony dev suck", how about you tell sony that great 10 years old games still have a fanbase

none of those franchises appealed to me in the first place
and even if they did, i wouldn't want sony to dig up their corpse 20 years later. sequels are cancer. spin-offs are cancer. reboots are cancer.
you're the one defending them when i called them shit, why don't you tell sony you want them to dig up the corpses

unwarrant self-importance in full effect I see.

Welcome to vitagen. Shit, welcome to the internet.

you asked me to personally tell sony i want them to resurrect dead franchises, and i told you i don't care about them.
you really grasped at straws there

Then why do you oppose the idea of telling Sony to let Japan Studio making games for Vita? For someone who "doesn't care" you seems to care a lot about my suggestion

said i

i certainly don't speak for every vita owner, if anything i'm the antithesis of every vita owner and i'm fully aware of that.
the average vita owner enjoys games where the bosses stand there in complete stillness for 25% of the fight so they can do their epic cinematic combos uninterrupted
the average vita owner has no interest in RPG's that require you to use your brain and imagination
they prefer meme RPG's with fart jokes and references to super nerdy zelda, like rogue legacy and neptunia
they don't mind if it's so easy that their 3 year old nephew can beat it, so long as the one sentence pertaining to sex in the entire game is translated to perfection
they actively defend these things

I see, a special snowflakes with a major ego

which sentence was wrong
none of them, scroll up to see people telling me soul sacrifice is a good game unironically

I'm hearing Zero Time Dilemma just got a fix for PSTV compatibility. Can anyone confirm?

I thought it was compatible right out of the box, it has the tv vita banner on the cover

Does the game have nipples in it like the anime did?

Also, as good as the tits and fighting were in Mermaid, I couldn't fucking get over how annoying the characters' voices were, especially for the "lets all not fight guise!" virgin girl. None of them are in Bhikkuni though, are they?

The salt from SJWs/NISA Goonies is gonna be glorious.

I feel you, but probably not. They don't give a damn about the Vita hardly anymore, they want it to die.

I'm honestly curious, does autism/OCD make it hard to reconcile conflicting subjective opinions?

PSTV compatibility was broken, there's a screenshot floating around from a few days ago where Aksys support confirmed it was broken and had a patch incoming. I heard that the patch went live today.

I'm neither fat nor am I depressed. I just went on a nice long walk and socialized with people downtown, where I got a snack and some ice cream.

Now I'm gonna buy Atelier: Ayesha and play some motherfucking video games.

Do you have the game available? You could probably just check.

This argument is a losing battle.

I downloaded the PC version, I'm a bit tight on cash at the moment.

You have to go back to Facebook, Chad.

I'm not correcting you, I'm telling you what you are. A special snowflake with a major ego

Ah, didn't know that because I haven't played it on my PS TV

Where was this stated?

That's not answering the question.

Found the screenshot and patch notice
twitter.com/Aksys_Danny/status/750539174189629441?s=09
While hunting for the screenshot I found the confirmation.

call of duty and gta v must be the greatest games ever made since they sold so well and got such great reviews

I don't think so, Tim.

How so? It got a generally good user review

And should listen to your opinion why exactly?

No nipples. There haven't been any nipples on a Sony console unless you count that weird loophole where eroge could be released as interactive UMD videos with password saves.

Mirei and Mamori are DLC only.

i didn't ask you to listen to my opinion, i told you what the average opinion of the vita's userbase is.
they like baby games and zelda references.

Because you ignore half the statement. Where, in his argument did he state what you paraphrased?

"I dont like these games and peoples that like it which happen to be a lot are clearly below me"

You're both arguing opinions, and one of you seems to have gotten defensive over a dissenting opinion. That's precisely why this is a waste of time.

Ayesha's my favorite, I much prefer the Ateliers with game long goals over the shitty 3/4 month ones.

God of War didn't have titties in it?

Did you read this cringy post?
The only things missing is a fedora quote about how he is euphoric at the moment or some shit

every word of it is truth though
you know who else gets offended by truth?

And mine doesn't?

Ah, You're one of these guys. I get you buddy.

yours doesn't what?
people keep using the word opinion but it's fact.
can 3 year olds solo soul sacrifice, freedom wars, demon gaze, toukiden, [insert any game you like here] from start to finish?
yes.
does neptunia use bottom of the barrel comedy?
there's a reference to epic nerdy stuff at a ratio of 5 references per 3 seconds of gameplay.
are the games listed above popular among the average vita player base?
very much.
which part of what i said is opinion then

baby as in my baby sister could beat persona 4 without my assistance. but feel free to misconstrue it sure

Where are you getting these stats on the Vita playerbase? With their infallible accuracy and detail on the tastes and interests of the average Vita player informing your opinions, I'd finally be able to come close to the dizzying height of your high horse.

telling the truth

Seriously?

Is this a fact? or you imagination?

I don't know the scientific term for your behavior is but in layman' term, you're a fucking retard.

cool story bro

Dunning–Kruger effect

metacritic
this thread
playing the games and seeing how easy they are myself

holy shit that picture
vita players are so casual that even freedom wars is too hard
i don't know what to say, i beat the game in a week
i guess a 3 year old could trump you in video games.

Aren't the Japanese known to complain about difficulty? I remember reports of FFXV's demo getting higher difficulty ratings from the Japanese, moreso than any other region. There was something like a 20% disparity when it came to difficulty reports.

Probably a conclusion based on general reception throughout threads.

Thanks, I heard it before, it just the tip of my tongue

you were just saying the game is harder than i thought and now you're bragging that it's easy
which one is it, is it casual or not

don't answer that actually, this is of course a thread of people that think persona 4 is hard

Japanese console games aren't allowed to show nipples.

Okay then Mr. "Too Hardcore For You"

expecting something greater than "my nephew could play this" isn't what i'd call hardcore. i mean i could just play DOS roguelikes if i wanted to be hardcore.
i want a happy median but they won't give it to me, they keep going for "a broad audience"

Oh all right.
That sucks, but whatever then.

Dante's Inferno has nipples and dongs though. Pretty sure God of War had nips too.

Fun fact: most people actually don't finish games no matter what the difficulty is.

Personally videogames is just entertainment for me, I don't play them to achieve anything. But to each his own.

Just fuck already.

In Japan they censor them.
The Wolf Among Us has nipples on Vita.

Two of those are you. Try again?

i can't be entertained unless i'm using my brain
easy games do not require brain function.
i auto battled through boss fights in demon gaze on hard mode.
i might as well watch real housewives of orange county if i want to fry brain cells like that

Truly you are enlightened by your own intellect.

Is this a fact or just a Dunning-Kruger effect

You what, don't answer that, I already know

God damn I fucking hate the digital era

Even in those games? Huh…

Why doesn't Japan like nipples I wonder? After all, Japan in full of Nips :^)

Pretty sure that doesn't apply here.

Did you read about from my post? I'm pretty sure I mentioned that in one of these threads. Yeah, Sony fucked up on that end. It was a fun game, too. Good way to kill time. There were actually a handful of games on PSM that I enjoyed a lot. Can't play any of them anymore.

Has anyone sold Vita games with large boxes or collector's editions? I'm trying to figure out what to ship Ragnarok Odyssey Ace in. I don't want it to end up damaged.

i'm not even claiming i'm good at RPG's, i'm saying the ones you guys play are infantile shit.
i get my ass handed to me in real RPG's. your shitty games aren't real RPG's.

then go back to playing Fallout 4 then, tryhard

on the contrary i think it'd be the types in this thread who'd like fallout 4

Yeah, it's a fucking joke. I'm constantly finding out about games that I can't even play anymore. Some things even like the new Outrun that's part of a classic series, but gone now.

Try to find a box the around same size and bubble wrap or packing peanuts. The ones I've received like that came in the best condition.

The only boxes I have are large, flat rate Priority Mail boxes, so I guess I'll have to find some shit to fill it with.

The man just wants a game with some challenge and depth. When it comes to RPGs on the Vita, there really is a low number of those. It's understandable that he's dissatisfied. I don't know if first-party titles would solve that problem, but it would be nice to see some support for the thing.

I'm still wondering what the fuck happened to getting Ratchet and Clank: Into the Nexus on the Vita.

Nah, I saw that the 3ds version was getting localized so I just looked up on the game

I don't understand why they wouldn't just keep that stuff on the webstore, or hell at least let people that bought stuff redownload it from the download list

Guys, you should stop replying to the obvious bait, I mean, it's kinda obvious he haven't even played games on the Vita, and if he has, he probably never finished them.

you're the first reasonable person

This is the exact shit I hate about this fanbase.

Oh yeah, the 3DS version. Tried to find a CIA of that to no avail. Kind of don't want to play it on 3ds, anyway… As for why Sony doesn't just keep up the servers, well, I honestly don't know. I just wish that you could play them without having PSM activated. If I have the game downloaded already, I'd like to be able to play it.

You're the only unreasonable person

nah the problem is you've never been exposed to an actual RPG and you've never played a monster hunter game so you have no frame of reference
if you did, you sure wouldn't have sat here trying to tell me freedom wars is hard for three hours

Is this real autism?

let me correct myself
if you did, you sure wouldn't have sat here defending a retard trying to tell me freedom wars is hard for three hours

He said as much last thread.

Coming from a guy that spend 1 week to clear Freedom Wars, I dont think you have the right to called it "easy" game.

i got served!

you told me it was hard for three hours and now it's not hard?

I got the new thread ready, will post it once this one falls to about page 6 or 7

Why has this article been baleeted?

No, but his points shows the truth

He only talks about how casual the library is and yet he hasn't explained why he considers those games casuals, he doesn't explain anything or try to prove his point so yes, it's safe to assume that this is bait.

twitter.com/nichegamer/status/751503534357618692

When did I say that?

no one had asked any questions like this they'd rather fling shit. and now the thread's dead. oh well.

Go ahead and post it.

Yes, congratulations for filling an eighth of the thread with shit opinions and bragging.

a welcome change from unironic discussion of baby games if you ask me

He's not the only one to blame for that.

My copy of Dungeon Travelers 2 and Sorcery Saga came in yesterday, both with the original cover intact. Amusingly, they put each game in the other case. Natural Doctrine came in today with a Gamestop cover. Based on the condition some other anons got it looks like I lucked out.

Enough of that, back to people shitposting in an autosaging thread.

eh, page 5 is close enough

New thread lads!