What games take jabs at their competitors...

What games take jabs at their competitors? The only thing I can think of is MGS4 with what I assume was a jab at the 360's HD disks.

In GTA 3 there's a mission to kill a wheelman named Tanner for the Yakuza
In GTA: SA there's a """stealth""" mission where one of the fags you sneak past plays vidya and loudly comments on "Refractions" doing a bad job at their game and Tanner being a lame protag.
Funny considering that Driver franchise was pretty much dead at the time and not even a real competition for the GTA games.

And Driver San Francisco trumped all over every single GTA game.

Did you not play MGS1?

Do you even play vidya OP?
Christ

That has absolutely nothing to do with the 360.

They're talking about MGS1 you dumbass

At least before the update, anyway.

No that's a reference to the original MGS1, which was had a disc swap. That part of the game is a recreation of the facility in MGS1, and Otacon even tells you to change the disc in the same place you changed discs originally.

And then nobody ever gave a shit about games on blu-ray again.

It is tough, its a minor jab on mgs1 and 360, also most of the reason for the blu ray was the gigantic .wav files and because it was on blu ray it installed on the system for each mission. So would take multiple discs if it would take away the install.

Also remember the first ps3s where 20gb and 60gb, so one would be fucked if they bought the 20gb one.

Youngfag detected

It has absolutely nothing to do with the 360 whatsoever

hes trashing himself you utter mole. this disc swap thing literally happens at the same point it did in the first game, mgs4 is full of that shit, people will call you up and tell you to use a particular move against the enemy youre fighting who resembles one from the previous game and then be like 'oh whoops what am i talking about'

its a jab at mgs1 and an incidental convergence with regards to the 360

It's not a jab at either MGS1 or the 360. It's an homage to MGS1, you dindu. The disc swap in the first game happens at the same area Otacon mentions this.

"I know, I know… It's a pain. But you need to swap Disk 1 for Disk 2."

Is it really that much of a pain to swap disks? Is it too much to ask for the player to get off their fat asses once in 20+ hours of gameplay to physically swap a disk? This isn't 1992, and you're not trying to play games on shitty school computers which don't have HDDs. It's not like you have to swap multiple disks - several times - every goddamned time you had the temerity to cross the screen and enter a new area.

Imagine trying to play MGS on the PSX, and how much disk swapping you'd have to do, if CDs only held 125 MB.

Amateurs.

Closer.

Oh you have to install the game by parts! please wait a fucking hour to play the next chapter!