Polygon: Mechinal Apartheid

archive.is/Zb6Su

You did it again Polygon! Once again Polygon tries to shove its progressive viewpoints down our throats, this time somehow linking the new Deus Ex with South African Apartheid. Even though anyone who actually knows their shit would have realized that South Africa went to shit once it ended

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/KotakuInAction/comments/3a6j7m/happeningsthe_game_dev_behind_mechanical/
spit.mixtape.moe/view/0b9eeeb6
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

One of the lead devs, who's black, already told people sperging out about "mechanical apartheid" to fuck off, though.

yeah but he's an uncle tom.

south africa was always shit.

A what?

Basically a nigger who tries to appease white people for favor.

"Uncle Tom" is a term used by black people to accuse other black people of being obedient to the point of self hatred. It's almost never been used correctly, as retards use to smear black people who have the "wrong opinions", like the lead dev of Deus Ex in this case. He said that people comparing a game to real life is retarded, and people on twitter called him a Uncle Tom.

Will it be good though?

Its also interesting to note that the art director even told Polygon to stop looking deeply into it

A bastardized term used by niggers towards blacks who contribute to society, and are successful.

If it plays as bad as HR I doubt it.

But then again, you have the lead writer comparing the Augs treatment to apartheid, so there is clearly a lot of different political opinions going on at Ubisoft

Nigs gonna nig.

If it weren't for the awful community of niggers trying to keep other niggers from being successful, we'd see more black people. Niggers != blacks

After that episode at e3 I'm pretty sure there's only a handful of people there, who are not insane.

Yeah, if you don't count the people who got maimed in accidents and had themselves augmented to retain their mobility. Did these niggers even play the game?
Oh yeah, literature should be all about telling morals.

Being successful only counts when you rap against society while reaping profits from it or if you play Basketball.

what does ubisoft have to do with this?

I remember there was a story about a black cop who shot a nigger nigging, and then BLM started calling him a "white African" or something like that.

What is this stupidness? Even call of duty isn't this retarted. I can't understand few cops carrying SMGs. Different rifles for the same job. Is pushing it.

>South Africa went to shit
Occam's Razor, who'd have thought?
Build the wall.

There's a term, which I can't for the life of me remember right now, that refers to the rapid, technological advances of 3rd world countries as a result of 1st world country tech. Then, the technology from 1st world countries eventually makes its way to the 3rd world countries or they try to emulate those technologies.

Because the lead writer was pretty much agreeing with what Polygon was saying, and the art director was getting annoyed with them projecting shit that wasn't even true

Great webm.
Any more where that came from?

You still have to ask that after nuDoom?
They played mayne the first 30 minutes before turning oin some lets play and write about that, just inserting "I" insted of "name of lets player".

It's published by Square-Enix, not Ubisoft, retard.

Chinese are based as fuck. They give no shits. None.

These two paragraphs express really well why writing has gone to trash. Extensive treatment of a subject without explicit judgement is now verboten. A work must beat you over the head with its author's opinions to have value. And you better not ask questions that you don't already have the answers to.

You're still not tricking me into buying Deus Ex: Invisible War 3

For those interested in the webm

Writing has gone to shit because the majority of the writers in every industry are leftists, and leftists care about nothing else but using their work as a propaganda pulpit.

Almost exactly a year ago, the game director posted on Reddit about how fucking pissed he was that the journalists were calling mechanical apartheid racist.
He's black. He wanted to explore racism in a mature way in his game - exactly what SJWs want, right? - and they shit all over him for it.

reddit.com/r/KotakuInAction/comments/3a6j7m/happeningsthe_game_dev_behind_mechanical/

By showing that racism against niggers like him is justified? Because there is no other kind of mature way to show racism.

It's been updated fam.

Wasn't he the guy who went to a game press event only to discuss politics in the Philippines with a friend?

How long until Polygon/Kotaku/etc fucking die?

Which always annoyed me because the character Uncle Tom doesn't even fit the description of a uncle tom.
He wasn't any more subservient to whites than any of the other slaves and while he did choose to not take several opportunities to free himself it was always because such attempts would come at the expense of other peoples lives, if anything he was a bit of a mary sue.

Yeah they didn't ask for this!

Uncle Ruckus is the only black man in existence.

Colin Campbell is a gift that keeps on giving.

Colin "Lighthouses, the most phallic of structures" Campbell

Colin "Politics of the Phillippines" Campbell

Duterte is going to have field day.

Source on that? That sounds hilarious.

Is that the anime about mermaids, written by that cunt that always fucks the plot up?

Looks like MonMusu to me.

Epic.

A term niggers call blacks who don't act like niggers. Looting, raping and killing is the nigger way apparently, acting civil is taboo.

Don't forget, uncle toms also hate on niggers and tell them to grow the fuck up and act like civilized human beings.

Chris Rock is an uncle Tom.

Didn't polygon already make this exact article before saying the exact same thing about how calling it an apartheid was racist somehow even though one of the people writing it came from south africa?

Nope, he's since reverted to tap dancing nigger class since he's been whining about da white man to appease his kike executives in Hollywood.

Polygon and Kotaku write conflicting articles all the time, their writers will write one thing, and then the exact same writer will write the exact opposite. They don't have any self awareness.

Can't bury the Harry.

I mean I'm just having some serious deja vu and I'm wondering if there was an actual article that existed 6 months ago or whatever.

Oh, sorry, then I don't know.

There are no uncle Toms IRL, every nigger is a nigger that will eventually chimp out.

you shove those words right back in your mouth

So it's basically an internalized racist? :^)
God damn it's comical how you can draw patterns with all the bullshit nonsensical leftist crap out there.

You can count them on one hand if you lose a couple of fingers in an accident.

Now my memory is hazy, but weren't the people using mechanical implants forced to buy some medicine or whatever to prevent the body from rejecting the implants in Deus Ex HR?

The whole reason why people with robotic prosthetics are the underclass is because they're effectively chained to that substance, a presumably expensive one at that. Of course there will be some people who don't have to concern themselves with that (e.g. rich business man who loves cocaine), but the majority of them will be living paycheck to paycheck trying to maintain their habit, one that they can't even attempt to break like a drug addict could.

But that doesn't matter. They're using the word apartheid, which has racial connotations!

Two things, one is that it's not a lifelong dependency, it's only until your body adapts. Two is that not all patients require the substance, such as Jensen. But it's not a "habit," it's a dependency, it's not like drugs it's to prevent rejection and infection. Some augs are naturally able to handle augs, some augs aren't. There might be a quality buffer in there somewhere, but it's never discussed.

oh my god

That actually might be interesting if they ever decided to pursue it, some being able to live their own lives while others are glorified serfs to afford their medication creating tensions within the Aug community.

I feel sorry for that Chinese guy. He just wants to build a road, and all he gets is excuse after excuse after excuse. Even the translator makes excuses for his fellow groids and even intentionally slows down the gravel negotiations because muh colonialism. I wonder how many outbursts the Chinese guy had off camera.

IIRC the character was named after the term.

That webm WAS has outburst, it's at the end of the movie. It shut the black man up, and got him all serious. You KNOW he was only sitting there silently because of the camera.

Yeah, it was the climax of the movie. I couldn't imagine if literally all of my coworkers were like that, much less being expected to lead them. I would probably break down in private.

Repeating Numbers Acknowledged

It doesn't help that the 3rd worlders were only half modernized. They should have either been left completely alone or drug completely into modernity. You can't half ass that shit or you end up with a mass of people lacking in traditional tribal mores and also lacking in modern civilization. You end up with people who are less civilized than primitives.
Your choice is either white man's burden or prime directive.

Could show its affects on others and how it forms groups competing against each other. Could also show not playing doesn't mean you're not in the game. It doesn't always have to be about hating niggers. Could be about exploring human nature.

The writer is starting to sound pretty based, honestly.
Still not going to buy it though, especially after that preorder fiasco

Uncle ruckus has reverse vitiligo .

There's some smart blacks. Current culture are making em rarer than before tho.

Are you talking about that Detroit thing or is there something else going on

This was the silly part of Human Revolution: Jensen's augs had to "awaken" themselves for him to discover that he had them and to learn how to use them, you go to the aug clinic like a dozen times throughout the game, and not once do they go "so let's just run you through how to use your aug." So I think it was just wibbly wobbly timey wimey in aug form, a bullshit excuse why video game mechanics apply to a video game character.

I don't know what you mean by the detroit thing, but I remember when news of the new game first came out, there was a thing you can "decide" your preorder, and get different content, and then the more people preorder, the more options you'd get I think.

I feel bad for the chinese dude but I also doubt that the chinese company that was hired to build this bridge is doing it out of the kindness of their hearts, also relied on Congolese workers and not enough chinese workers who would guarantee to do the job right because it would be cheaper all around. I wonder what kind of contract or end game trade route/infastructure they had going on. I would bet that the planners and investors knew Congolese weren't going to be using it much since they don't have cars like most modern countries or use new infrastructure in general since they didn't even try to reconstruct the railroad.

why wont these roaches die already

Fuck off gook.
A lot of effort to raise people ruined by cowards using ascociation as entitlement, no aid to life themselves wishing treatment as superior. Rightly caused condemnation by Blacks, their faith causing them to be led by such people to their ruin instead.
Should have had more heart, many would have.
Such people are in all shades of skin. Blacks deciding them apart from real men and women would have been heartening. See traitors too amongst themselves. Students are not part of any race they are parasites of them. Police and such claim part of their opposite. Making things better is always against the law, it puts those claiming things under the cover of it into competition, having to actually be something. That state like their absent identity long since sold for scraps of comfort and security.
Africans like their fellow Africans should have fought such filth more in being beyond them by their own actions. The work that made their countries demonstrating a greater state for the traitors to save themselves in becoming a part of, demands for things done calling for men to rise to do them. Women prettier by more to entertain them. Pride is not a thing itself to pursue but the temporary accnownledgement of a job well done.

They're trying to revive that old manufactured controversy? Slow news I guess.

So, did someone let their bot have free reign to shitpost on Holla Forums or is this the misheard lyrics of a slightly retarded rap song.

It'll also have Denuvo.

And don't forget the Harvesters who stole augs from people they kidnapped or from corpses the police gave to them, and used them on theimselves.

if i had to guess i'd say this was some super assblasted african faggot who had to use google translate to attempt to get his "counterargument" across. That's the best I can do.

It's our fault afrika is shit they say. It's our fault they say our entire lives. God even even know nig nogs could be this fucking lazy, they don't even give a single fuck about building basic infrastructure.

it is your fault, the British should have left them alone to develop their society and technology on their own. what happend was basically forcing a caveman to live in a 21st century society. of course they cant adjust.

Nigga if we left them they'd still be rubbing stick together. Have you seen that vid, not even the fucking soviet union on their worst hangover was this fucking incompetent.

God, lefties are more racist than what they think

rubbing sticks together was better for them than forcing them to live in a society they cant handle. do you know that they still practice voodoo and cannibalism because they think it will give them powers, i saw a guy get lit on fire with gasoline because he stole a fucking bag of potatoes.

It's like Uncle Ruckus, but not as funny

How it's going in third grade?

This. Chinks are basically asian jews, but even more disgusting. Their culture is garbage and honestly they're dumber than the average nigger in africa. Only reason they're doing well is because the drone swarm to exploit by the white men in power.

Unless it's the episode where Ruckus got his own tv show, that's incredibly ironic considering the guy behind Boondocks detests BET and attacks the network numerous times in the show.

Can confirm this. Was in Beijing and Beidaihe a few years ago - almost died two times because drivers literally want to run you over, nearly got scammed a lot of times and seen a lot of chinks being
DESIGNATED

Also adding horrible smog and a smell of shit and rot to a horribly humid air. Never fucking again.

Worst Koreans are the jews, idiot.
Chinks are just literal stormtroopers that spread communism, litter and blatant narcissism everywhere they go.

Speaking of Korea, do you have the Koreafag threads about from Holla Forums where he was talking about how shitty his country really is?

their culture was not always shit, after mao took control and established the communist party, he ordered all religions, temples and ancient art destroyed and replaced with pictures of him and to worship him and the communist party.

people were told to act disgusting and throw away their heritage, so you had an entire generation of disgusting people without any morals who act like Jews and shit and piss in the streets who grew up and the modern china is all the people who were left behind who were turned into jews.

This disgusting fuck has his pictures plastered everywhere.

So basically eastern europe on steroids.
Communisme;
NOT
EVEN
ONCE

china Fuck sakes i forgot about this.

China gutter oil.

Take your meds, randy

Chinks/dog-eaters are the scummiest people on Earth who actively continue to fuck shit up.

Nothing makes me smugger than a country falling down becuase of its inept leader

The one in the back looks like a SIG loli to me.

What about america and canada? Seems almost all western nations are fulling under the weight of their own idiocy

Ill probably be smug then too, especially with Canada since they claim to be doing becuase they are on the "right side of history"

People will laugh at others until they realized that they were even more foolish.

It reminds me of something else

At least it'll be interesting

Canada is quite literally virtue signalling international leftists on a country wide basis and it is absolutely disgusting.

Here's to hoping Britain uncucks itself soon.

I found some of it, but it was text only and on reddit. Here's a pastebin: spit.mixtape.moe/view/0b9eeeb6

Its interesting watching Darwinism on a national level tbh.

Never going to happen because immigration will only benefit companies. As long as this hold true, then they will continue to support progressivism.

Seeing them haul the crud from the manhole and then process it into cooking oil looks like something wacky recycling process from a dystopian fiction.

But nope, it's fucking real life China.

They also mention "everyone tries to swindle one another." How does China expect everyone to become a massive world power when they have quality control bullshit like this still happening?

I've recently moved from an 85% chinese neighborhood and can confirm that disgusting shit like this is extremely common. They are subuhmans. Every time one walked into my work I knew it was going to be a bad day. I used to think their culture and history was cool, but after living around them I can say that I am more disgusted by them then almost any other race.

Found the source: Empire of dust (2011)

The thing is, chinks are ruthlessly cunning. It's due to the post-mao culture, they don't give a fuck about other people because other people don't give a fuck about them. Western ideals of individualism and co-existing are nonexistent. In that sense, China is one of the freest "developed" countries in the world. You can do whatever the fuck you want and other people do whatever the fuck they want.

Don't live in china. Don't ever buy food products that are made in china either.

Nope, Monster Musume.

Basically if aren't a rapper or a basketball player and you are successful, you are acting white.
Is Black culture about being poor?

Mia I love you, I really do, but fuck you.

Thats exactly what happened. Thats where the clip is from.

Everyone's sperging about black people, I'll try to get this thread rerailed.

I think it's strange that the developers even chose to go this route with the story (and stupid, but not surprising, that SJWs are reading muh racism into it).

To me the depiction of augs in HR seemed more like a general libertarian allegory, especially for certain issues like gun control.

It shows a world where anyone with a modest amount of money can obtain equipment that improves their life and gives them a physical edge over everyone else. Hell, at the beginning of the game Megan's research is supposed to make them even cheaper and easier to get.

The main villains are a group of totalitarians who want to seize the power of augmentations for themselves. They veil it under a moral opposition and put out propaganda to turn the ignorant masses against augmentation, even as they themselves continue to use the technology.

The conflict never felt like it was between augmented and non-augmented people, but between those who wanted to spread the tech to everyone and those who wanted to hoard it for themselves. Simplifying it to a stock discrimination story is just kind of dumb.

Yeah, of course he'd say that with his corruption money that he fled China with.

Never encountered those, fortunately - I've had cabbies and merchants trying to rip me off unsuccessfully.

How does a business that's based on fix rates scam someone?

Mostly they don't even know the address where they're supposed to go, so they'll go around thru the longest route possible. I was lucky, one guy I was with in the group ended up in a middle of fucking nowhere paying 500 RMB to a cabbie.

How much is 500 RMB?

Back to this video, cause I haven't actually finished watching it, I take a lot of issues with a lot of the navel-gazing in the video. "Pam is defying the stereotype by being an entrepreneur" except that the business she's opening is a flower shop, do you know how many fucking flower shops there are in Vancouver? If she makes a profit it'll be a god damn miracle, and she'll probably charge more than any other flower shop because what she regards as pocket change some people regard as their entire living allowance for a year.

The BC government is talking about repossessing unlived in homes, because it's bullshit. Immigrants should not be able to just buy homes, and there really does need to be a fucking change.

About 75 bucks - I don't know about taxi fares in the US, but when I was riding around, I was paying around 150 RMB max.

It's not too far off from rural Canada, I'll tell you that much, riding from your house to an airport that's less than 20 km away can cost you about $50. People tend to quote how there's a "$30 fee just to sit in the back of a taxi" – it might be a joke, but it might not, because taxis can be pretty expensive. The only time I've ever used public transport, it was a bus and even that was a little expensive.

Yeah that's it. The Chinese company are looking to get in the back pocket of government. They are just building for building sake. The government official near the end just brags about how he has achieved so much.

In general I don't see too much difference between there and when I worked constructio in Australia. Everyone stands around doing nothing for as long as possible and runs equipment into the ground. The Chinese guy calls Eddie lazy, but to be fair he has been hired as an interpreter and not as a labourer or personal slave to the Chinese guy. The stealing thing shits me, and I a obvious that the people who were doing it just have no feelings of consequence, and have not learnt that it actually ends up impacting them negatively. Even so, people still stole from work sites I've been on.

I also think he's romanticised China a bit too much, too, as if corruption from governments hasn't wasted time and resources there, too. China also came from similar standings of being a shithole until the revolution, and even now a lot of it is still a shithole. Congo won't see similar development for various reasons, but having Chinese corporations looking to buy out local businesses certainly won't help.

You know why we do what we do?

You know why we do what we do!?

We DO IT FOR CHAIRMAN MAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

And so continues the baffling cycle.

I want Polygon to be mechanically apart from the internet.

In the Director's Cut they said that originally you could only upgrade at the clinic. They also said that since a huge chunk of the game is spent in Hong Kong and since there was no clinic there(don't know why they couldn't add one) you would have spent a large amount of time with no way of upgrading, so instead they decided to give you all the powers from the get go and the more XP you got the more of your powers would get awakened.

I know about the Korean are Jews meme, but the Chinese have been known merchants in Asia since ancient times, have actual ghettos and communities everywhere outside China, and most families are strict as fuck when it comes to interracial marriage.

This isn't only happening in the West. My aunt's sub-urb house in Ottawa is worth $3,000,000, which has 5x less space and more than 3x as expensive than my parent's New England house with 3 to 4 acres of land. Excluding migrants, most Canadian's can't afford the housing there because taxes are so high for social programs. Now, the value of the Canadian dollar has crashed as well, so the Chinese can move right in and scoop up the land. They are worse than the Jews.

Didn't they do this shit last year?

The first Deus Ex had something like this already, the nano augmented surpassed the mechanical augmented, which you could read and boast about ingame. Those people never play games.

Can confirm.

Also, there's the ethnic game called "fuck the gaijin". Better ply them with beer and hand out those bribes, western barbarians.

and there you've figured it out, user. The first Deus Ex is a legend for a reason. There was so much backstory and world-building in the logs and emails and books and newspapers that retards like your average polygon reader would never have encountered because they don't play games, they just look for shit to bitch about.
The split between mechs and augs wasn't exactly subtle either, you could straight up bully Gunther and Anna as well as have a conversation with the Underworld bartender about it as well iirc

This defense makes me so angry on so many levels. I don't even care if someone uses that and I agree with the overall point, that is the worst defense.

(checked)
It should make you angry, it's a bullshit claim thinly disguised as a defense. They're actually saying "I know the future" like they're fortune tellers. Might as well say "the stars are aligned in my favor".

Claiming to know the future is is just the tip of the iceberg regarding how infuriating that argument is. If that were the only problem it'd hardly be an issue.

Jensen was the only person whose body could handle augmentations without the adaptation drugs. That's what made him special in the first place, and he was only like that because he was actually a test-tube baby made in a lab.

As long as they have money, any politician will allow them to invade.