ITT: secrets you found years after beating the game

The one with the wall-button? That's fairly obvious I'd have thought.

Then again I only recently found the one in the first Splinter Cell's training mission.

>You can pick up shells in Super Mario 64 instead of surfing on them
>that's how you use ones that are found underwater

Didn't find that out until a few weeks ago, I felt pretty fucking dumb.

The last store in PE2, also the special drops you get from the very last set of optional battles

I only recently found out you can do a shield bash in Dark Messiah by holding up your shield and then pressing LMB.

The Junk weapons in Parasite Eve 1. I never really went for it since I wasn't much of a completionist when I was younger, but a couple years ago I ground for all the junk, traded it in, and got that desert eagle that ends the goddamn world

I had to watch a video by the parallel universes autist to find out.

But you still haven't found the biggest secret of the game: it's actually called Diddy's Kong Quest

I didn't know you could go back to the labyrinth in cave story and have the bug guys upgrade your spur. I knew they did it with the other weapons so I should've put two and two together but it's not really an upgrade to the weapon just a semi-defensive thing.

it's in the manual.

that's what you get for not reading the manual

The fact that loan sharks will start coming after you in GTA San Andreas if you have negative balance (which I didn't know was possible).

fugg
I never knew that

I never got into Darkwood Basin for the longest time. I thought you had to fall from somewhere in the undead burg to get that one item you can see in the garden.

What was the secret?

In his defense, who the fuck owns a copy of Mario 64 with a manual now?

There was a secret in pol.wad?

I do. I don't remember the shell being anywhere in it.

There is a secret space hidden under the floor in Alex Jacobsons room. I played the game through like 10 times and only found it recently.

five secrets, first one is right beside the starting point, there's a missing tile marking the secret door. the second one is in one of the dark rooms with lots of tubes protruding from the ground, there's a lever to the left of the door which uncovers another door on the room with the specters that leads to the plasma gun. The third, fourth and fifth ones are in the flying jew heads room, you need to find a secret door inside of one of the jew cells for the third, enter one of the cells that seems unreachable for the forth, and for the fifth, which I just found out about today, you need to shoot two skull buttons hidden on the top cells which opens a secret compartment inside a cell where you can get the BFG9000 early.
I'm thinking of making a youtube video of all the secrets for posterity, but I fear it might be too cringey if I have to reload to complete the level.

there's a lake hidden on the world map in Dragon Quest 3 that gives you a golden axe, or some kind of weapon, if you tell her the truth. it's only in the SNES remake though and I can't find proof of this shit anywhere but it's real.

you never wondered what was behind the door in Havel's tower?

In Metal Gear Solid 3, if you pick up a ration and call Paramedic, they talk about the taste of it and how Snake hates it so much. If you eat one, you'll notice it only gives "decent" stamina recovery (1/4th of the bar), and Snake comments on how gross it tastes. If you force Snake to continue eating rations throughout your playthrough, the amount of stamina they recover goes up from "decent" to "moderate" to "good". It probably goes higher but I've never made Snake eat enough to know.

I think the opposite happens with either the Calorie Mate or the Noodles as well, though I can't remember which one it was. If you eat too many, the amount of stamina it recovers gradually goes down.

A lot of love went into that game

WHAT THE FUCK
I have to try this now. Is it in the 3DS version as well?

I guess this is supposed to be due to Snake getting used to the flavor and liking it more, but it doesn't work that way in my experience. If I hated the flavor the first time I'll hate it the thousandth time.

this thread is spooking the hell out of me

Pretty sure every single edible thing will progress towards good the more you eat it as long as it's not poisonous.

MGS3 has a lot of things like this.

And a shit ton more.