HAHAHAH What the fuck?

I understand the whole "pistol bullets" and "rifle bullets" working in all pistols and all rifles, but this is just stupid.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=n97Yrb-OuVY
nagant.info/?img=884
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Why not? It's the same calibre of bullet and its going down a long metal tube

This is literally no different from a long-barreled revolver.

Cylinder gap

Exactly. It's so not different that the suppressor wouldn't do anything and it's there for nothing.

Unless its a nagant revolver, that suppressor will be useless due to the gap in the cylinder.

Are you bitching about the suppressor?
The only limiting factors on a can in regards to caliber are the diameter of the opening in the baffles and the pressure the round puts on the can itself.
You can get a can that will suppress a 7.62x39 AK and your 9mm Glock.
The downside to these kinds of cans is that when the holes in the baffles are larger than the projectile, you won't get optimal sound suppression.
So yes, you can use a rifle suppressor on a pistol, but only ones actually designed for it.
And there are revolvers that can be suppressed, just not a lot of them or are special built systems.

"An older pistol balanced for a variety of situations."

That somewhat looks like a Nagant revolver, and the Nagant revolver was used as a hush-puppy because it didn't release it's gas, it sealed it.
You could very well use a suppressor on a Nagant revolver and be silent.

Isn't the game set around an abandoned soviet Siberian base? There's a good chance it is a Nagant.

Not a good post for quads senpai

Well it doesnt look like a Nagant, so apparently she picked up a random S&W Model 29 in the middle of a Russian base in Siberia.

Even then it doesn't look quite right.

Actually it looks like some weird inbetween of the two. It's fucking weird. Still the stupidest part of this is while suppressors do reduce the sound from a gunshot, it's still really fucking loud unless you use subsonic ammunition.

Depends, in the open it'll still discombobulate the sound and make it hard to pinpoint as far as I know.

Why is she wearing just a vest in a winter forest? If we're going for realism here she's going to get frostbite in a matter of minutes.

I dunno, looks an awfully lot like a Nagant to me

What gaem?

Look at the icon again, then look at the Nagant pic you posted.

Rise of the SJW Raider

I dont think it looks like any of them personally, but that wasn't my point. The noguns majority of /k/ likes to think they know shit and brag about it to other boards. Hell, I'm a 1gun usmuc shitbag and I know better. The OTs-38 is the weirdest of those 3 with its telescoped ammo but does happen to be russian.

Nagant revolvers can use a suppressor since its mechanism made the barrel adhere to the cylinder when it shots thus eliminating the gap (or something like that, cant remember well).

youtube.com/watch?v=n97Yrb-OuVY

In any case i doubt thats the case in that picture.

It actually does two things to achieve proper sealing. The cylinder moves forward to close the gap, but the ammo is also more or less special, the bullet is seated bellow the mouth of the case, that creates a seamless connection between the cylinder and the barrel as the case expands to allow the bullet to get out through the barrel without leaking out any gas. The main goal was an increase in muzzle velocity, the side advantage was being able to use a suppressor on a revolver.

The OTs-38 also closes the gap, but mostly to avoid losing some precious power and to help aligning the rounds with the barrel. It fires a self-silenced round with a "piston" of sort seating between the powder charge and the bullet, the case is pretty thick as it needs to hold the explosion inside, the gases never leave the case and the bullet gets expelled by the force of this piston being pushed by the explosion. The Russian also experimented with this concept back in the 60-70s, the design of the cartridge was more primitive, but the principle was the same.

lmao

You do pick it up in a old soviet base, so I'm pretty sure they intended it to be a nagant, but regardless I don't think they would've even of thought about it very much, the game in general is so mediocre.

Why? Why, man? For some reason, I care even LESS now.

OP, i hope you pirated that shit

he didn't, look at the screenshot filename. at the very least he's playing it thru steam.

It's a Nagant with a broken off ejector rod and missing the lanyard hoop.

And now you're all acting like retards because you're the ones who didn't know that the Nagant is the only mass produced revolver on which you can put a silencer without it being silly because it's actually gas-sealed, so the guys behind the game did actually know things /k/ related for once (or it's blind luck, it's not like there are a lot of old Soviet/Russian revolvers).

Why is her skins so featureless low settings or dev laziness?

If they give that much of a shit about accuracy then please tell me that realism is applied to all the other weapons and that they didn't get lucky with that one gun.

Fuck if I know, it has customizable/unlockable guns parts apparently… which 99% of the time silly.

Also the lack of the ejector rod is ok if you can swap out the cylinder (which I assume the animation does since I doubt you reload it with bullets one by one), and yes Nagant with swing out cylinder do exist ( nagant.info/?img=884 ) so that would make that gun a late variant or something (AFAIK they are still in limited service in Russia, countless variants do exist, including notably a rare 9mm and a more common 5.45mm conversion by TOZ).
If it's not named as a Nagant M1885 it's perfectly acceptable (it's just named revolver in op pic).

As I said it might very well be a coincidence.

I got different kinds of bullets

long nose
snub nose
and hallow points

It just depends on how much bang you can handle.

that is just sad