LEt's talk about GOOD upcoming games

I'm sick of all this negativity am the 9999'th thread shitting on the same few games over and over.

Post good stuff.

Video related.
The game is still not finished but it's fun as hell and bug-free (at least for me).

It's what Minecraft or No Mans Sky wish they could be.

You can:
- deform terrain. Dig channels, make dams
- build EVERYTHING.
From castles to modern bases or resorts.
- Design and build your own weapons and vehicles.
- get survivors to your colony and manage it (build them houses, assign them jobs)

Other urls found in this thread:

planet-explorers-isos.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=ejRFQaIsvj0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Merci, non.

Except you can.
All of the systems work in-game.
There is actual single-player. You have a hand-crafted planet.

You also have a randomly generated one in free build mode

Obvious shill fuck off

I want to see games that are actually finished

The singleplayer is full playable and it can be finished.
Next update will be item balance. After that, refinment.

Heck, the game is more finished in it's current state than most garbage that is coming out.

I bet everything looks like a dick to you, given how much you like to suck it.

This your first time shillin'? Maybe its a troll who's pretending to shill to make us hate on a game he doesn't like? who can tell

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHfuckoffshill.

Kind of hard if OP's a bum and only wants to talk about games that may be good or may not be good.

Here's Nitronic Rush. It's freeware. It's a great arcade car game(I'm not calling it racing because it isn't, ghost replays aren't much).

Also yeah the music is dynamic, more instruments play when you're boosting, in the air, have your wings out and there are a few effects for when you die or go through a tunnel.

Muh dik

Maybe it's reverse shill trolling, trying to make it look like someone is trying to make the game look bad so anons would buy the game as a kneejerk reaction?

And keeping with the OP's request, the game has an early access sequel called Distance which is better in every way except the music has more of an edge to it which isn't my thing and the cool ass announcer is no more.

anythings possible

ok

What do we even know about the game except for VR shit

Like we'd buy it anyways

Guy playing this is such a shitter he needs to regenerate his health once he's on the walls, wow.

Isn't this exactly the same deal as Warband's sieges?

Warband didn't have much in the way of siege engines, so it's different in that regard at least.

They want the boys bands' audience.

But it's the same deal of just a dogpile people after getting on the walls. The AI still gets stuck in doors and and hallways

It actually looks fun.

Go to the Taleworld website an read the blogs you dumb cunt.

Well what should it be? Because frankly that seems about what would happen in reality too. They try to come up you go there and fuck them up.

And this time you can break their gate in as well and choose where you want your shit to go etc so it's not exactly like warband either.

Its just like the 90s

No. I've made a rule that I won't look at blogs or videos or anything to hype myself up. That siege video was the first and only thing I've seen of Bannerlord.

It looks pretty cool. I guess sieges aren't as bad as they were in warband but I'm not really sure what I was expecting. I hope they add in the ability to sneak in and sabotage the castle from inside.

I know you'd say that.
I also knew you knew I'd know you knew I'd known you knew. So I did the opposite of I what I think you'd think I thought I'd do if I thought what you think I though you thought I think was what I really think.

My nightmares are weaking up, hearing it was cancelled.

Feasts when, fellow lords?

Everyday

monster hunter generations comes on in a week so im hype for that

Pick none.

pick one

That game is garbage though

How many planets are there?

Don't even bother. It's been in early access for over two years. It's never getting finished

elaborate

It was dumb that you couldn't just fucking kill a king in M&B:W.

I've put about 100 hours into it hoping it would get better once I was well into high rank, it didn't, solid 3/10

Is it even worth going to the new one? I'm not even remotely finished with 4.
Also why is not just called 5? That means there'll be a 5 in the future. The series has some of the the shittiest naming.

Styles aren't really balanced, Hunter Arts range too variably for striker to even be worth it on 90% of the weapons.
Less content because no G-rank and the Variant fights are usually just "a slightly more aggressive monster with one or two changes"
really the only fun thing they added was Nyanter, but the problem with nyanter is the damage is low unless the monster behaves perfectly.

Stick with 4U, it's better in every conceivable way

how about no?

It is actually. It's pretty finished already.
Next update is beta and then release will follow soon.

One planet. No flying between planets. Instead you have one huge one.

Quality >> Quantity

Dubs thread? Dubs thread.

Someone post a webm, I dont want ot have to enable anymore scripts than i have too

In this case the game has neither. Just one bland planet.

Ni-Oh might be good
NieR Automata looks fun
Warband 2 could be fun

Confirmed for talking shit about things you know nothing about. AT least try to know a bit about the subject matter before you embaras yourself

It's been in Early Access for a few fucking years. It better be more complete than shit they just released yesterday.

Also, how do you deal with the MMO tier combat? AAA are pretty shit, but at least they attempt to make combat fun. The only things the game has going are the construction and the vehicles.
Minecraft has stronger combat and logic machines; not to mention the modding community and the fucking castles people make in that game holy shit are those that cool. No Man's Sky looks pretty and is a space survival game. The comparison you make is off. Combat is often the major challenge in games but it looks so weak. The only considerations to make are point and strafe. So basic, mediocre. It makes me wish someone took Jak 3's desert combat and made a more complete game out of it.

Because the only fun part I can see is racing around with friends and shooting big game, but that looks like it'll get boring after the first time just running around in a circle again.

this is one of the best looking upcoming games. I'm very excited to play it.

Cold Steel 2

Ha ha funny OP when you use Minecraft and No man's sky in shilling your game I'm immediately turned of.

God I hate Minecraft but at least it acts as a containment field.

In what bizzaro universe?

How hard have you hit your head?
You have more materials and shapes to work with.

How much are they paying you, goyim?

I'm hyped for Death Stranding- not because I like the concept, or that I think it will be good, but because I want to find out what the actual fuck it's about

r8 my hypelist

Are you high? Falcom games don't have marketing. MS is never going to buy Falcom for a billion dollars and, Sithis willing, they will always stay niché.

When a game becomes popular and is talked about I have to drop it.

I'm just really excited for Cold Steel 2.

I remenber pirating this game a long time ago. It's made in Unity and had some severe issues with my laptop (as do most Unity games…) but it actually looked neat.
I think that, if they do the sense of scale well and pair it with good movement abilities, it can be a really neat game. I'll pirate it because I have no budget for vydia yet and see how much content has been added.
Overall it seemed like a Minecraft clone but focused on actually having decent gameplay and a great world to explore.

There was another game made by the same Devs that's basically Nitronic Rush 2. That one isn't free, I think, but it looked really neat. Someone they managed to put the entire HUD on the car itself and it looks really great aesthetically.

Shit, this is what I fucking love about indie games… You aren't gonna get massive sieges like this in any AAA game. I still remenber the crappy Civil War in Skyrim that saw at best 15-20 consecutive soldiers on the screen because their AI couldn't handle anymore at the same time.
I mean, you can even spot several graphic glitches there but I'm sure no one is gonna complain about them since you get a massive siege going in third person.
This also looks much better (and just a bit more polished) than Mount&Blade too.

i hope you know moonrunes

Haven't heard about it. I'm interested in colony simulations as long as they are horribly complex, shill that game for us, user.
I've heard about it but can't remenber anything. Maybe it's a forgetable game?
Rimworld is practically already finished and out, no need for hype needed.
The game's pretty neat and the modders manage to make it even better. I just wish the difficulty didn't overshoot as hard as it does so often and that tribals and rival factions didn't kept sending literal 100s of people to die near my home while I can't replenish my population as fast as they can, it seems…
That looked like a neat RPG. Not too amazing but not half bad either. Although, I'm not sure but I think it actually lives to it's name and needs tons of grinding and it's even the whole purpose of the game.

Literally an Hipster.
All fanbases devolve into autistic homosexual orgys, it's a law. Even if the notorious faggots in a particular fanbase are a minority, they are often the loudest and the first to talk about something so they will appear to be accurate representations of that fanbase, wether they are or not at all.
If you drop games because of what other people say or talk about, you don't deserve to play a single game.

Are vehicles the only choice for moving faster and flying and such? You know, as opposed to somehow upgrading your character to personally fly and run faster instead? I've never really been a big fan of vehicle-based gameplay as opposed to character-based. If vehicles are just an optional way to get around better and hold bigger guns though, that's cool.

Also, the graphics look technically fine, but man, the character and creature designs and overall art direction is just sorta tolerable.

Too soon.

Nope, I have a golden rule. If it sells more than 2 million copies I don't play it. Keeps myself contained from the community.

It's gonna be interesting what Persona 5 is going to do.

It's called Distance and sure does look promising. Will wait for it to come out of Early Access though. Same with Subnautica.

enjoy being a retard

You really need extra help to not engage with a community? Simply ignoring them doesn't work for you? Do you want to read a bit on the definition of autism?

:^^^^^^^^^)

Shadow Warrior 2, it has dual wielding katana's.

Gas yourself. You'd probably pick up social justice as soon as it falls out of fashion too.

Jesus Christ, off yourself.

shit game

The best part of that game actually was probably seeing the enemies following you up to the roofs. I really like verticality in videogames but it's hard to find a game where enemies can keep up with you since almost all games feature enemies that can't even jump, let alone scale walls.

Last time I played it had jetpacks that were kind of boring but effective and gliding wings that were fun, but not as useful. The options for vehicle making are pretty big, but it takes a shit load of autism to make anything remotely good.
Getting the hang of decals is a must, it aids a lot with the making process. Materials are balanced like shit, you end up making everything out of aluminium. You need to take weight balance into account, specially for flying stuff, hollowing out your flying vehicles is annoying, but it makes it so much more controllable and energy efficient.
Weapon making is alright, the formula for optimal efficiency kind of leads you to oversized swords with multiple edges. Armor making was fucked last I checked, but they might have got it to work now.
The combat isn't stellar, specially the melee combat; fighting huge ayyylmaos is still fun though. The random planet procedural generation is pretty bad. The quests and story are MMO tier. Everything else is pretty nice, including the base making aspect.
Not an awful game, but I wouldn't buy it. I'm pretty sure IGG-games has a recent version.

Sadly that doesn't work. Ignoring people doesn't make them go away :(

How long has this game been in development?

?! What does social justice have to do with it, I just hate the gaming community and their tastes.
As soon as it infects a series I like it's time to move on.

Didn't even know there was a trailer. Thought it was still in rumor mode. Thanks.

Well that's all you had to say.

We know it'll have a tie-in movie, a tie-in anime, a tie-in pin ball game, a tie-in beat'em up, and probably a tie-in remake.

All for a something we've yet to actually play.

I don't see how you got bushido shitter out of that one.
The game's worse than 4U, you're allowed to dislike a game in the series, they won't come to your house and repossess all of the ones you own

You had ONE fucking job OP.

Will have to look into them. OF those 4 I only know Rimworld. The others look interesting though.

C'mon, try to sell them to me. Give me the gist for them.

They added a lot actually. Singleplayer story is complete. Been playing it for days - no bugs or crashes. In it's current state it's already better then most shit out there.
The devs have also added various ruins/dungeons and you can find player-made items as loot.

You got jetpacks, gliders, grapling hooks, etc..
But you're not gonna beat a chopper in speed, let lone a fighter jet. Plus, vehicles can hold occupants, so are great if you have a mission to bring a NPC somewhere. Your party can drive around in them too.
You also have boats, but their usefulness is limited, due to the shape of the continent.

If you don't want to mess with designing vehicles, you can simply download blueprints (.iso files) other players made for swords, guns, buildings and vehicles.

Spacehulk Deathwing. Annoying that there's so little gameplay of it.

Everyone already knows of Butterlord.

b.t.w. - for those who want to try PE, here's a few tips:
- Equip your companions with tools. They will help you when you start choppin'
- there is a silver deposit right beneath the arch/bridge near the shuttle, when you go rescue some survivors from the firebears
- there should be oil/coal near the great tree
- don't place the colony core before some essentials are in place. Make sure to have a defensive turret or two.
- get some good blueprints: planet-explorers-isos.com/

If you wanted to invite us to play it then you should have done so, instead of this guise of discussion for "GOOD upcoming games".

also it's a little
tonite.

It's no guise, faggot.

I didn't mention butterlord because there's already a thread about butterlord, everyone knows it, and I had PE on my mind when I made the OP. So sue me.

BUMP, for great Justice!

Some other interesting games….

Coretex Command is kinda fun.

Rule the Waves is a must.

What is it with you guys and shitty vapourware?

What?
I had fun playing it…. testing it…

It's everything I want in a sequel. It's beautiful. ;-;

Tried the Beta, was cool.
Combat is fucking nice. I always wanted to be a cloud summoner

youtube.com/watch?v=ejRFQaIsvj0

Deus Ex: Mankind Devided comes out next month.

Wasted opportunity

I like how when he talks about localized damage the spess mahreens legs are completely red.

Maybe Sui Generis. Maybe.

Overload has a pretty fun demo so I am optimistic for the game

I don't get the appeal of these kind of games…

All games now ARE shit. Prove me wrong.

Dark Souls 3, Sonic Generations, Freedom Planet, The Talos Principle, Screencheat, Unreal Tournament 4, Devil Daggers, Splatoon?

Like I said.

Heaven forbid if they came out with a Sims,City builder,space engine hybrid of a game.

Damn, I haven't played OG Mount and Blade, but that looks fucking rad as hell. Anybody willing to give me the run down?

in ten years im sure your opinion will change, is a pretty common thing for hipsters

it was more toward the other didnt mean to quote you

I think the games are shit now, I promise I won't like them in ten years. They will still be shit.

Games are shit, gamers are dead, Japan is slowly sinking into the ocean, and all the good devs are too old to make more vidya.

Truly we are living in the end times.

There aren't any. Everything is either shit indie garbage or sterile AAA "blockbusters".

You're not making a very good case for yourself.

I WILL DRINK FROM YOUR SKULL.
Pirate it nigga. Or buy it on sale for like 3.50

You play a warband leader who can fuck up a medieval world and become a kang and sheeeeit

none of yyoour shitfliinngiing hhas annythhing too doo wiith the quuallity of the games

what the fuck

If everything is shit, why even bother living on?
Kill yourself.

Mother Russia Bleeds is a beat em' up where you play some pinko faggot and that's all I know

actually i was using a steam controller to type and didnt realize i was holding the right trigger

You're not going to avoid the shame that easy.

I finally have a nifty colony going on.
Still early.
Gotta connect it with a monorail to the other colonies and get some more people to work the farms.

survival/building games were a mistake

It's called distance, it's really good save for the fact that on multiplayer people can just ignore a race completely and fly their way to the finish line instead of actually playing the game and most player made tracks are garbage

UnReal World and NEO Scavenger are alright.

It's when they try to make 3D or multiplayer shit that the concept becomes cancerous.

Isn't this from like 2012? And it's still not done?

I'd rather play Shores of Hazeron if the dev wasn't such a greedy jew. He should open source the game rather than start charging for his broken shit like a faggot jew.

I will unironically kill myself if Sui Generis turns out to be bad.

I only say this because Exanima is fucking amazing, so it's impossible for them to fuck up Sui Generis. I mean even if they do make an empty and incomplete RPG, the lowest point it can reach would still be that of Exanima, and that'd still be a really good game to me.

Secrets of Grindea is fun, but nowhere near finished.

Should be done in a few more months.
As far as I can see, everything works. The game looks complete already, though re-balancing is the next step before the final release.