Enderal

So Enderal the third total conversion in the Arktwend/Nehrim released in german and I have no idea if it's good or bad because I don't know what's going on. The American release is supposed to be at the end of the month but if you can't wait or speak Natzi you can try it out right now.

Here's some screenshots, one of the stat menu that I don't know how to use and one of a Mooskrabbler, and another one. It's pretty cutscene heavy which is a shame.

Other urls found in this thread:

moddb.com/mods/enderal/downloads
dl.enderal.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Do they actually better the gameplay in these?

Not really, the combat is basically the same because it runs on the same engine, but the game works the rules better than Beth do.

I just realized that the first pic is actually skills not stats, I guess they don't have a stat system.

The only mods that "fix" skyrim are the sex ones

It doesn't fix Skyrim, it makes it into another game, about as much as one can though.

No thanks.

The main city is bigger than Skyrim cities, more densely packed too, it's like 2 cities, there's the main city and it's districts and then there's the undercity and I have no idea what's in there, there's also the palace which is quite large.

I also found these things.

I can't wait for a proper english release.

Go home.

Too bad the gameplay couldn't have been improved, a game in kraut talk would be a good way to perk up my German.

Skyrim is shit because the world is shallow and boring as all fuck, Morrowind had shit gameplay but it's world was interesting.

How are you planning to participate in the racewar if you can't speak the essential languages?

Why? my team won Race war 1939 - 1945.

Unless you speak hebrew then no.

I'm german and even i don't know what to make of that menu.

If you mean the attribute system, yeah. Bethesda completely got rid of that and even the best attempt at re-implementing it I've seen was still kinda shitty. Only so much modders can do with a game so fundamentally gutted of its RPG elements.

аххаахахахаха

I wonder if Enderal at least made the perks less shit.

The big thing with 4 eyes and wings is how you fast travel.

I'm sure you could fake it, Enderal has a traditional experience system. Even then you could make a rewarding rpg system with just perks and skills but no-one is going to make it.

They detailed it, it's 3 trees of perks about moving your character towards either warrior, thief or mage, but even then it seems kind of simple, I hope they have interesting skills on the skill tree.

At very least, I hope they made it so stealth warrior wasn't the obvious choice.

I refuse to believe someone unironically made this

It's a joke.

Ive seen too many retarded kids make similar shit, glad its a joke.

It's german, therefore it must be autistic.

Also that one poster says "Real women fight for freedom, peace and the right way" which reeks of SocJuice.

t. a German

Sounds like generic propaganda to me

Example #12801232 that the community of modders can make far better games than Bethesda can.

Honestly, I need to improve my German, I can understand most of it already. That way it can really play like a Nordic/Germanic game.

The people who save the world again won't be speaking german.

I don't know, I can't speak of the actual gameplay, but a lot of the stuff in those screenshots looks fucking terrible by modern Skyrim modding standards. It looks like an Oblivion mod in terms of area design, art quality, et cetera.

So, I've heard Enderal has a new mechanic where casting spells on yourself, going into certain areas, or drinking potions builds up some kind of magical contamination, like rads in Fallout. I have to be honest, it sounds bad. Has anyone here played it long enough to get a sense for how annoying it is?

Well fuck me, I actually was looking forward to this.

Basing on the trailer I guess it has to do with the madness plague, so it seems pretty interesting.

It reminds me too much of something like Frostfall.

Having an infinite mana pool that you just rest to recover is really lame.
At the very least, they attempted something else.

It looks like you still have that mana pool, it's just that now you get punished for using it.

Where dat download link at?

From the left down to the right, I can read out
Psionic (Illusion)
Elemental (Destruction)
Mental (Alteration?)
One hand
Block
(Far?) Combat (Bow shit)
Entropy (Conjuration)
Restoration
Two hand
(Easy?) Armor (Light Armor)
(Gravity?) Armor (Heavy Armor)
Sneak
Basically, it's the vanilla stats.

moddb.com/mods/enderal/downloads
You dl the games cache from here

dl.enderal.com/
you dl the games launcher from here

I got a good laugh

WHAT IS THE FUCKING POINT THEN?!

There is none. It's just a shitty mod to a shitty game. Someone with an IQ above room temperature could mod Skyrim better than this, but it would still be fucked.

try again.

It is?
Combat is the core of any game, role playing or not, if combat is good, you can stomach the rest of the game. If the combat is shit, the game can fuck right off regardless of how amazing everything else can be.

you've never played Planescape Torment then i guess

I did.
It's shit exactly because of that - terrible combat.

Is this the new literally?

Damn son you just blew up my retard detector.

kill yourself.

Calm down sperganomics.

There are certain hard-coded things about Skyrim that no modder can change. Even now, years after release, adding brand new, non-replacer combat animations or new weapon types are still in the experimental stages.

Obviously a parody of what all the plebbitors thought upon playing the exciting new IP called Skyrim solely developed by Todd "American Kojima" Howard.

Ah fuck, it's probably pozzed as fuck. We won't realize it until the English release. expecting some not so subtle Refugees Welcome! or GG references now

well heres the launch trailer

People who have never played real RPGs defend their favorite "RPG" video games no matter how shit the gameplay is.

Holy shit I've been waiting for this for like 5 years. So glad it's out, but I'm also fucking pissed because I won't have access to my desktop for a couple months starting next week, so I only have a week to play the german version (if I can even get it to run).

Any of you fags get it running with a cracked skyrimjob copy? I don't want to buy the game on steam, since I fucking hate the basegame.

Nehrim definitely improved the shit out of Oblivion's gameplay, though. Sure, the basic combat system and controls were the same, but everything that effected the combat was changed. And combat isn't 100% of gameplay. I know indie hipsters have kind of ruined the fuck out of it, but exploration is a genuine gameplay mechanic that's fun. Combat only adds tension to exploring a dungeon, the dungeon itself is the focus (when they're actually well designed and interesting, which in Nehrim they were at least).

This nigga knows what's up.
In a game where everything you do includes fighting, if the fighting sucks then everything sucks.
The other problems I find with skyrim besides the combat is the way the game handles saves/death and consumable items, thank god mods fix that.

Arktwend was a buggy remix of morrowind in some decent looking new locations.
Nehrim was Oblivion with Gothic mechanics and better world design
What is Enderal?

Hopefully not shit.

a better base for mods?

Get the fuck off Holla Forums then. Go back to Reddit. We're the place that helped create LURK and Misery.

German mod autism can make a better game than cuckthesda ever dreamed of.

To be fair, most of the legwork was done beforehand. They can make a better game with their assets, sure, but not a game all by themselves.

You don't spend your time fighting in RPGs, you spend more time in conversation and inventory management, you clearly don't play any real rpgs and just play dogshit like dragons crown.

this gave me tears

it's definitely ironic and fucking hilarious

Well then clearly TES games aren't for you because Morrowind is the shit and it has hilariously awful combat. But the point is that combat isn't really the focus of Morrowind and you can spend the vast majority of time outside of it since so many quests are about exploring and talking to people.

It also helps that Morrowind's dungeons are both short and full of extra paths. It meant that exploring the dungeons was quick and rewarding, which meant more time on the overworld and less time with the combat. Funny how things end up working for Bethesda when they distract people from their terrible gameplay. For Oblivion, it was the "hilarious bugs" and the mods, for Skyrim it was the advertising.

That's because despite what Bethesda has claimed, the CK/Geck are not the same tools that Bethesda uses to actually make the game. They're gimped editing tools, rather than any kind of actual software design platform. So when they make a really fucked up decision that seriously damages the game - such as removing skills from Skyrim and Fallout 4, or forcing that shitty Yes, Yes (later), Sarcasm (yes), Hate Dialogue system, then there is literally no way for modders to fix the problem because those "features" are baked into the Creation Kit. It's the same reason why you never got new weapon classes in Skyrim - because there is a hard limit baked into the CK/Geck and the only way to add new animations for weapons (like spears) is to either totally over-write an existing weapon animation class, or do what Soolie did and basically create an "duplicate" character race which has new animations for it's weapon class - and force the game to swap your character race with the clone race each time you equip the new weapon type. It's clunky as fuck, and breaks more than it fixes, but it's the only way I've seen to get it to work.

And yeah, I'm still salty as fuck about there not being spears. First of all, how can I play a properly functional spear chucker, if I you can't actually chuck spears in the game? Secondly, companion AI is fucking horrible - just rushing up to an enemy and spamming attack which pretty much guarantees that you will hit them in combat with weapons that swing in an arc. At least Soolie's spears has a direct forward thrusting attack which pierces enemies in a straight line of sight and delivers precise targeted damage - so you can just attack the openings AROUND companions - rather than attacking through them.

Skyrim still has skills.

I think the newest version of FNIS might be able to solve that problem, but I'm not sure.

You can put as many sprinkles you want on this shit, but in the end t's still a beth game.

That's the next step of their master plan.

Well no because New Vegas exists, New Vegas still has shit combat and runs on a shit Bethsoft engine but it gets all the parts that actually matter right, world building, world reactivity, writing, character development, player choice, story, actual fucking themes. morally ambiguity. Lets just hope that Enderal gets these things right.

So you want me to play Skyrim again but WITHOUT elderscrolls lore but instead some generic as fuck setting made by creativeley bankrupt germans?
With the same fucking combat system?

Why?

#triggered

This is is being made in the creation kit, unless they actually managed to get bethesda to allow them use the Skyrim source code, which they did not. This is just a mod. So this game is still skyrim in the end. New Vegas actually used the Fallout 3 source code so I would hardly call it a mod and not compare this to New Vegas.

I just started it, seems alright so far, considering what they had to work with.

The voice acting is surprisingly good from what I've seen.

Exactly. That's why it's still a beth game like he said.

hahahaha

You guys know the image was made as a joke, right?