What are some detective type games where you have to solve mysteries using your brains n sheeit?

What are some detective type games where you have to solve mysteries using your brains n sheeit?

LA Noire or Tex Murphy would be examples of what I'm looking for. Though it doesn't have to be in the noire style just games where you are presented with a mystery be it a murder or a government conspiracy and you have to solve it.

I'd like some detective games where you actually investigate shit yourself and don't get your hand held

Me too hence this thread.

Sherlok Holmes Crimes and Punishments wasnt completely terrible. I know a new one came out as well, I haven't tried it yet.

There's at least opportunities to fuck up and get the case wrong which is unusual in this genre.

And there's evidence that isn't explicitly pointed out and/or told what it means. The mysteries are pretty shallow and easy though. The investigation system clearly had some potential, no idea if they managed to make it great in the new game.

Shame there isn't many, if any, detective games that don't railroad you into victory.

Asscreed Unity
I'm not even baiting

I think I might be misremembering it, but wasn't pathologic sort of a detective game, where you have to solve what's causing the plague?

both of these are Wadget Eye adventure games:
Gemini Rue is kind of a detective game.
One of the player characters in Technobabylon is a detective.
That may be what you're looking for.

Pathologic HD.
Most of the gameplay; at least of the bachelor who is the only person I've played as so far, consists of walking around town talking to people. Well, that's not entirely true, most of the game is managing resources, the most important of which is time. After that comes talking to people, then come the wonky combat. As for using your brain, there are a few cases where, even if you figured out what you are supposed to do, if you do things out of sequence or try to skip a step, or do it in an unintended way it can result in unprogressed scenario. There is also the issue of, not saying the right thing in order to progress, as well as situations where a player might think its a bad idea to do something but the main quest requires you to do such things or suffer the consequence of failure.
Ah I see mentioned it as well.

I'm pretty sure OP wants games where you actually deduce shit instead of the mystery being solved by the characters as part of the story. Which is exactly what they do in Pathologic, some sidequests aside.
Still, an excellent game.

No, deduction = absolutely certain conclusion. Example:

Mammals give birth to live young.
Horses are mammals.
Therefore, horses give birth to live young.

Induction = uncertain conclusions based on observations
Example:

I have thrown a ball at this cat's head 500 times.
Every time the cat swipes at it, hitting it away 95% of the time.

I induce that it is highly probably the cat will swipe and hit any future balls thrown at its head in a similar fashion.

Another example of induction: the vast majority of black people I meet are significantly less than intelligent than the average white person
Conclusion: any black people I meet in future will probably be pretty stupid.

Another example of deduction: A proposed theory is based on the premise that a single specific individual proton is both in China and in Panama at the same time, but also is not in either at the same time. This violates the law of non-contradiction and so the theory is false.

GABRIEL KNIGHT

Don't know why but I couldn't get into that game.

Snatcher

Ok

I'm surprised no one hasn't made a detective game with procedural generated mysteries and shit yet, even as a single dev ASCII console hobby project

I haven't played it myself yet, but Ultima Ratio Regnum is supposedly pretty close to that.

Real life.

Holla Forums is the enemy that tries to lead you to an edgy leftist organization ending of the game.

Rather mystery remain.

I remember these 3 sherlock homes game, one was about lovecraft shit, other was about a french white glove thief and other one was about jack the ripper. Those were good games.